PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Who Should Start? Nene or Faried?

Broncoholic3233
03-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Recently Kenneth Faried has been playing great. He started off very, very shaky, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But recently, he's played more like a vet than a rookie in my opinion.

The last 10 games, here is what he is averaging:

22 MPG, .609% FG%, 7.6 RPG, .5 APG, 1.1 BLKPG, 1 STLPG, 10.1 PPG

Those are pretty impressive numbers for a rookie, who only just started to start.

Now onto the question.....Who should start when Nene returns?

My thoughts:

Nene. Now, obviously this isn't me sticking up for a player I like. Most of you know, Nene is my least favorite player on our roster. However, I think this makes the most sense, hear me out.

George Karl already said Nene won't be averaging 30-35 mpg when he returns. Which sucks for how much we are paying him, but because of his injuries and struggles, we aren't going to play him over 30.

Kenneth Faried is an energy guy. I think he would be great off the bench for the remainder of THIS year. He's a rookie, he still makes mistakes (what rookie doesn't?). But, he's limited those mistakes recently and has really been dominate. But with that energy, I think he really would bring a spark of the bench. He would get the crowd going and get the players going, especially the bench players. With Nene not playing normal starting minutes and Birdman all but eliminated, he would still get the minutes he needs to be very productive.

Next year is a whole different story and I hope Faried beats out Nene. I love Faried. But for the rest of the year, I think it should be this way, unless Nene just comes back and is terrible.

12and4
03-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Nene, but faried should be getting significant minutes.

The Experience
03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Trade Birdman at the deadline.

Start Faried the rest of the way and attempt to trade Nene in the offseason. If we can't trade him then amnesty him. He hasn't earned 1/10 of the contract we gave him.

Atwnbroncfan
03-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Farried is a beast but Nene will start.

Amari24
03-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I remember saying a while back that you guys wouldn't need Nene if you move Faried in. Trade him and bring in a scorer.

nic.zeman24
03-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Nene should start but Faried should get nice minutes, next year is a different story though

nic.zeman24
03-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Trade Birdman at the deadline.

Start Faried the rest of the way and attempt to trade Nene in the offseason. If we can't trade him then amnesty him. He hasn't earned 1/10 of the contract we gave him.

I though the amnesty was a one time thing

beastlyskronk
03-03-2012, 03:46 PM

It is, but I'm pretty sure Denver hasn't used their's yet

beastlyskronk
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I remember saying a while back that you guys wouldn't need Nene if you move Faried in. Trade him and bring in a scorer.

What scorer is available to bring in though? If we get Chandler back I could see us packaging Afflalo and Nene, possibly even Miller for Monta Ellis. The only other scorer that's worth it and available would probably be Kevin Martin

Broncoholic3233
03-03-2012, 03:52 PM
What scorer is available to bring in though? If we get Chandler back I could see us packaging Afflalo and Nene, possibly even Miller for Monta Ellis. The only other scorer that's worth it and available would probably be Kevin Martin

That's hilarious.

There is zero chance we move AAA, Nene and Miller for Monta.

AAA is not going anywhere. He's our leader. He's staying put.

I'd also be shocked if we moved Nene. I wouldn't mind it, but I'd be shocked.

beastlyskronk
03-03-2012, 04:28 PM
That's hilarious.

There is zero chance we move AAA, Nene and Miller for Monta.

AAA is not going anywhere. He's our leader. He's staying put.

I'd also be shocked if we moved Nene. I wouldn't mind it, but I'd be shocked.

I was just throwing out ideas for bringing in a potential scorer. And while Afflalo may be a leader, on the court there isn't anything he can do that Brewer hasn't been able to do this season and I would not at all be surprised if Brewer starts cutting into Afflalo's minutes once Gallo comes back and especially if we get Chandler back. I doubt Miller would be apart of that trade at all though, but we would probably have to throw in something else to get Ellis.

InElwayWeTrust
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I am the driver of the MANIMAL FLYING BANDWAGON!!! So my vote should be obvious. :D

The Experience
03-03-2012, 05:05 PM

We have not used ours, but it can only be done in the offseason.

johnlimburg
03-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Well Mosgov doesn't play all that many minutes so I would say due to the energy that Faried plays with you start Nene and Nene would play 25 minutes per game between center and power forward. And Faried play 20-25 minutes per game. With Mosgov, Koufas, Harrington all rotating between the 4 and the 5.

12and4
03-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Everybody loves manimal, but he's too sloppy to be a starter. He's exciting as hell though. I like seeing him in there, but nene would be better suited for playing with the starters.

I'm open to trading nene. If we can get someone like pau gasol it'd be legit.

The Experience
03-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I was just throwing out ideas for bringing in a potential scorer. And while Afflalo may be a leader, on the court there isn't anything he can do that Brewer hasn't been able to do this season and I would not at all be surprised if Brewer starts cutting into Afflalo's minutes once Gallo comes back and especially if we get Chandler back. I doubt Miller would be apart of that trade at all though, but we would probably have to throw in something else to get Ellis.

I disagree, I love what Brewer has brought to this team. But he is not AAA. He doesn't defend as well, shoot as well, and he isn't as clutch.

AAA is the most underrated shooting guard in the NBA.

Brewer is a great energy bench guy. Definitely better than Rudy (who I think is gone after this year) But he is not AAA.

The Experience
03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Everybody loves manimal, but he's too sloppy to be a starter. He's exciting as hell though. I like seeing him in there, but nene would be better suited for playing with the starters.

I'm open to trading nene. If we can get someone like pau gasol it'd be legit.

I'd rather get younger than Pau, this is why I wish we had traded for Mareese Speights. He has done really well for Memphis and has loads of potential at the PF position.

Nene for Andray Blatche would be a good trade, but Blatche is kind of a head case so idk.

johnlimburg
03-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Brewer misses a lot of open shots. Afflalo is better. But when Chandler comes back Brewer will lose minutes which sucks cause he is a good player. I think when and if Chandler returns I think it could make for a trade to move Brewer in a package with Nene. That would be a good option.

12and4
03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
It sucks cause i like brewer a lot... can we play 6 on a court at a time?

InElwayWeTrust
03-03-2012, 11:57 PM
It sucks cause i like brewer a lot... can we play 6 on a court at a time?

If they doubled the court size and made basketball 10v10 we would rule the league Amirite? ::D

MorenoFan27
03-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Trade Nene for a pure scorer. We'd be better off in my opinion

nic.zeman24
03-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Trade Nene for a pure scorer. We'd be better off in my opinion

I like the idea of trading him but who would we trade him for?

Amari24
03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I like the idea of trading him but who would we trade him for?

Trade him to the Nets for Anthony Morrow and a draft pick. Morrow is young and can easily come off the bench and knock down 3-4 three pointers. The Nuggets could use someone like that.

The Experience
03-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Trade him to the Nets for Anthony Morrow and a draft pick. Morrow is young and can easily come off the bench and knock down 3-4 three pointers. The Nuggets could use someone like that.

If we trade Nene, I think we need to get a little deeper at the 4 and 5 positions. I don't know who but I good backup for Faried.

Amari24
03-04-2012, 10:27 AM
If we trade Nene, I think we need to get a little deeper at the 4 and 5 positions. I don't know who but I good backup for Faried.

Chris Kaman is supposedly on the block. Could he fit into your lineup?

The Experience
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Chris Kaman is supposedly on the block. Could he fit into your lineup?

He could, because Kosta can play the 4. Plus we would be picking up an expiring contract which is always good.

Too bad this will never happen.

beastlyskronk
03-04-2012, 11:06 AM

I don't think that would happen, I know the Nets offered him a big contract in the offseason but if they did get Nene they wouldn't be able to get Howard.

Although if it could I'd love to get Lopez and Morrow for Nene and whatever role players it takes to make the deal happen. Really I'd just love to get Lopez. I know Lopez isn't a great rebounder but he runs the court well and offensively he fits in so well. Faried's energy on the boards could even rub off on him and make him work harder for rebounds which is the best case scenario for us.

Hoserman117
03-04-2012, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't start Fareid just yet, I'd go with Nene who's always been a solid scorer.

That being said, I'd try to move him in the off-season or maybe next year if Fareid keeps this up. I'd probably move him for some defense though, not sure if you guys need pure scorers like Monta Ellis.

ParkHill-71
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Nene! However, its just like alot of players on a karl coached team. If Nene comes out with that weak crap, then of course Karl has every reason to sit him for a few mins or even more depending on who he replaced with is playing.

Also, over the last two games since the Allstar game, Ken has not looked sloppy at all. In fact, I can't understand why Karl rested him so long in his first rotation in the Portland game.

Cyrend
03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Both?

Why not Faried at the 4 and move Nene back to the 5?

I mean, I know, Mozgov, but really, would you rather have Nene-Mozgov right now or Faried-Nene?

Especially with Mozzys ankle.

The Experience
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Both?

I mean, I know, Mozgov, but really, would you rather have Nene-Mozgov right now or Faried-Nene?

Nene isn't very good at the 5

Broncoholic3233
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Both?

Ty Lawson is a better 5 than Nene.