PDA

View Full Version : [Avs] Game Day Thread

Broncoholic3233
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, we don't have many who talk AVS, so this will be the general 'Game Day Thread'. There isn't enough to make a game day thread for each game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, after two bad losses, we rebounded tonight with a good win at Minnesota.

McGinn scores both our goals. His first 2 as an Avalanche, and his first 2 goal game of his career.

Varly records the shut out.

DenverBlood
03-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Just posted this in the old thread. This team makes no sense. Two consecutive bad home performances only to turn around and be this dominant in the road game?

Broncoholic3233
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Just posted this in the old thread. This team makes no sense. Two consecutive bad home performances only to turn around and be this dominant in the road game?

Meh. We just aren't that good.

I have no idea why, I mean at least we started winning at home some what this year.

It's probably a combination. The youth, the coaching, etc...

I think Quicey ripping on us was telling....I really don't think many players like Sacco at all.

He puts players in the doghouse for the littlest things. Like the other night, Hejduk wasn't playing too great, and he ships our veteran leader, to the 4th line. REALLY Sacco?

Broncoholic3233
03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Getting the first goal is always good :D

Broncoholic3233
03-06-2012, 07:51 PM
What a chippy game.

1-0 Avs after 1.

Wish they would've let Landy fight :(

Broncoholic3233
03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
4-0 now

another goal for mcginn and another assist for downie (two GREAT trades so far)

and an assist for my boy LANDY!

Broncoholic3233
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Bitter sweet game.

Killed them 7-1.

Landy, McGinn, Downie had great games.

However, we lost Duchene to what looked like a pretty bad injury. Hopefully it's not, and he's back soon, but didn't look too good.

Go AVS!

DenverBlood
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Bitter sweet game.

Killed them 7-1.

Landy, McGinn, Downie had great games.

However, we lost Duchene to what looked like a pretty bad injury. Hopefully it's not, and he's back soon, but didn't look too good.

Go AVS!

The other downside is Dallas and L.A. both beat solid playoff teams on the road. We could've really used the help last night. We are really potentiall further behind the 8 seed than just 3 points having played 1 more game than Dallas and even 2 more games than L.A. who we are tied with in points.

Early in the season 1 or 2 losses like last week aren't a major deal. But at this point in the season even when the team is hot 1 or 2 losses is devestating.

CoryWinget81
03-07-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm really happy that Ryno is coming into his own as a big time C, because it's beginning to look like Duchene will never be able to stay on the ice.

Broncoholic3233
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm really happy that Ryno is coming into his own as a big time C, because it's beginning to look like Duchene will never be able to stay on the ice.

Lol. I don't think that's true at all.

Duchene will be a great C.

He missed a month this year. Then depending on his ankle, he may miss more. But he's not Sidney Crosby or Mueller who can never stay healthy.

Broncoholic3233
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Duchene will miss Thursday against Nashville.

Then, hopefully returns via Denver Post.

underrated29
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Lol. I don't think that's true at all.

Duchene will be a great C.

He missed a month this year. Then depending on his ankle, he may miss more. But he's not Sidney Crosby or Mueller who can never stay healthy.

Agree he will be great. I am starting to like him more and more at W though. I am just not fond of his ability to man up in the slot or low boards on D in our zone. He did alright last night, but its not what I like. More and more I like him on W. Someone who is stronger defensively can take it and then feed him a sexy breakout, with his speed he could get a bunch of breakaways or 1 on 1s.

i dunno. Just seeing him back at C, sometimes I cringe when hes down there.

underrated29
03-07-2012, 01:04 PM
glad he is only going to miss a game or two. That ankle twisted ugly.

PS- who got excited seeing Lano and EJ fighting last night. I think thats the 2nd fight for both of them this year..hahaha

I love it! We need that fire. EJ is playing sexy right now, hes finally getting it I think. What do you guys see?

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
McGinn with another goal :D

Scored 1 minute in. GOOD START!

GO AVS!

DenverBlood
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Running out of time. Need to tie it up.

DenverBlood
03-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Another tough loss. At least the Kings lost and Dallas is losing in the third. Still not sure this team isn't running out of time to make a run for the 8 seed.

broncsfan21
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought we played ok...those first couple of goals form Nash really stung

CoryWinget81
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Defense played like crap. One of those goals was on Landeskog. What was he thinking, passing back across the front of the net?

broncsfan21
03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Defense played like crap. One of those goals was on Landeskog. What was he thinking, passing back across the front of the net?

That one was really bad.

The first goal was a unlucky bounce.

Second was a good screen, defense shouldve cleaned it up better

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Sucks we lost tonight. :(

Didn't watch the game because of all the College hoops on but sounds like it was close until the end.

We can't lose many more games if we want to sneak into the playoffs though.

Broncoholic3233
03-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Big win.

Varly needs to work on his rebounds, but another good game from him again. He's great in the shootout.

Gotta get the W on Monday.

Go AVS!

DenverBlood
03-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Was just coming on to see if anyone was talking about it. Nice to avoid another bad loss

Broncoholic3233
03-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Well....after tonight, AVS are in sole possession of 8th place with 76 points.

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Going to the game tonight.

Pretty disappointed. Don't make it to many AVS games because I prefer the other sports over hockey but still obviously watch all their games. But of course the game I'm going to both Landy and Dutchy are out.

Oh well. Better win though...

Go AVS!!

redneckrocker
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Well....after tonight, AVS are in sole possession of 8th place with 76 points.

Lets do this!!!

NBCSports just announce Duck's Perry has been scratched with a shoulder injury. Good for the Avs.
Also said Duchene could be out rest of the season, NOOOOO!

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Landy is on the ice! So hopefully he is playing. Suited up and all.

DenverBlood
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
What a clutch goal by the rookie!!!

Blondie79
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Love me some Landy!!!!!!!!

CoryWinget81
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Get SMOKED HILLER!

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Oh man, what a fun game.

I thought my favorite player wasn't going to play at all. Then he ends up scoring the game winner.

Plus saw another great goal tending performance.

And the night I finally got my Landy jersey, he scores the game winner.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2i945jb_th.jpg

DenverBlood
03-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Oh man, what a fun game.

I thought my favorite player wasn't going to play at all. Then he ends up scoring the game winner.

Plus saw another great goal tending performance.

And the night I finally got my Landy jersey, he scores the game winner.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2i945jb_th.jpg

Nice jersey. I have a hard time bringing myself to buy a nice Avs jersey. They are so expensive. In fact I have no Nuggets or Rockies jersey's either. Just Broncos jerseys.

I've been lucky lately. Avs were on NBC sports network last week, last night and they are on again tomorrow night against the Sabres. I'm getting spoiled out here getting to see so many games for the late playoff push. I think that's the only reason they keep showing them so much.

Broncoholic3233
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Nice jersey. I have a hard time bringing myself to buy a nice Avs jersey. They are so expensive. In fact I have no Nuggets or Rockies jersey's either. Just Broncos jerseys.

I've been lucky lately. Avs were on NBC sports network last week, last night and they are on again tomorrow night against the Sabres. I'm getting spoiled out here getting to see so many games for the late playoff push. I think that's the only reason they keep showing them so much.

Yeah. They are expensive.

But I don't buy them often. I got a Dutchy one his rookie year and now Landy's this year. Landy literally got me back into hockey like I was before the lockout. Dutchy's rookie season got me watching again, but not every damn game like I have been with Landy out there. So I just had to get it.

DenverBlood
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah. They are expensive.

But I don't buy them often. I got a Dutchy one his rookie year and now Landy's this year. Landy literally got me back into hockey like I was before the lockout. Dutchy's rookie season got me watching again, but not every damn game like I have been with Landy out there. So I just had to get it.

My wife would'nt let me watch every AVS game even if they were televised here like that. I paid for MLB tv last year to stream through the PS3 and got to see somewhere between 35-50 Rockies games out of the 162. Was still pretty much worth the money but not as many games as I would like. The only team she has no choice about is the Broncos. We watch all 16 games on Sunday ticket. Plans get made around Broncos games.

Broncoholic3233
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
The 21-year-old, who rolled the ankle last Tuesday, skated Wednesday with the Avalanche and will play Thursday against the New Jersey Devils, according to the Denver Post.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-03-14/matt-duchene-injury-colorado-avalanche-san-jose-sharks-los-angeles-kings-calgary#ixzz1p8EwZA5c

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Ugh. I had the game recording to start late and right as I start the game I flip open the iPad to see the score alerts on the home page. Darn technology. So I just hit live in time to see them tie it up 2-2. Broncos are the only team I'll watch when I already know the score. So I turned alerts off. Anyways hope they pull this out tonight. We really can't afford anymore losses even though it's bound to happen somewhere.

Broncoholic3233
03-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Another goal for McGinn. Becoming a common occurrence.

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah he seems to be a huge pickup.

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Another one for the rookie!

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Varly is off tonight.

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Seriously Varly? You let that lame duck get by? He needs benching.

CoryWinget81
03-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Seriously Varly? You let that lame duck get by? He needs benching.

I dunno, one goal is specifically on Mueller, and that was a sick redirect...

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Looked like it wasn't redirected. Just bounced off the ice and fooled him. They sent it up for review because of that.

JakeNbake
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Looked like it wasn't redirected. Just bounced off the ice and fooled him. They sent it up for review because of that.

Hunnwick deflected in to the net. Varly was following the puck...

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh baby what a miracle!!!

Broncoholic3233
03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Landy is a BOSS!

What a setup and another goal for McGinn. Hell of a trade.

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Baby!! Way to go Varly. 4 goal night but stonewalls them in a shoot out. Atta boy!! Way to go AVS!!!

Broncoholic3233
03-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Good win AVS!

Bad regulation for Varly compared to his last handful of games.

But he's a boss in the shoot out!

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Looks like the Stars are finally going to lose too. So big night for the AVS all around.

broncsfan21
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Landy is starting to take over games in crunch time.

Thats what we've needed since 19 retired.

DenverBlood
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
No one watched the game tonight? Tough shoot out loss tonight. Or should I say shutout loss?

CoryWinget81
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
No one watched the game tonight? Tough shoot out loss tonight. Or should I say shutout loss?

I watched it.

Great game. JSG and Brodeur looked like they were back in the 03 cup finals....

...until the shootout came and JSG showed his age.

It's tough. I mean, do you say "good game" to his shutout, or do you get mad that he got beat like a hooker stealing from her pimp in the shootout?

GRR

At least we got the point. A very, very critical point.

Word to Sacco, in shootouts, no matter the situation, Varly better between the pipes.

Broncoholic3233
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I watched it.

Great game. JSG and Brodeur looked like they were back in the 03 cup finals....

...until the shootout came and JSG showed his age.

It's tough. I mean, do you say "good game" to his shutout, or do you get mad that he got beat like a hooker stealing from her pimp in the shootout?

GRR

At least we got the point. A very, very critical point.

Word to Sacco, in shootouts, no matter the situation, Varly better between the pipes.

:nono:

You can't get mad at JSG at all.

Broncoholic3233
03-17-2012, 06:36 PM
HUGE win for the AVS against the #1 seed in the east!

What a game for Varly! And another goal for Landy!

WOO HOO

broncsfan21
03-17-2012, 08:18 PM
HUGE win for the AVS against the #1 seed in the east!

What a game for Varly! And another goal for Landy!

WOO HOO

Huge win. That's what we need down the stretch!

Broncoholic3233
03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Huge win!

Another solid win for Varly! And a lucky Jonesy goal to seal it!!

GO AVS!! 7th place for now!

InElwayWeTrust
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Big Win for the Avs tonight.

Finally into the top 8!!

C'mon Avs finish the season strong and just get into the playoffs!!!

DenverBlood
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah big win and Kings or Sharks have to lose tonight. Big stretch coming up with Phoenix, Vancouver Twice , San Jose and Calgary. Dominate that stretch and I think we get in. Struggle and it's all over. Go AVS! Great season either way.

CoryWinget81
03-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Great win.

How do you guys feel about the hit on Sarich? New is here that there may be some punishment coming down the pike from Brendan Shanahan, but I don't think it was dirty at all. ESPECIALLY after no call when Ryno got smacked in the face.

I'll admit it. Watching Sarich go dark for a second made me jump off the couch and yell BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

DenverBlood
03-23-2012, 06:24 AM
Tough loss last night. We really needed that point advantage over Phoenix. I hope the window wasn't slammed shut on us last night. We could still get hot and roll out 6 straight to finish but I'm not sure we can afford another loss. Especially with other teams around us still having games in hand.

broncsfan21
03-27-2012, 10:21 AM
C'mon Sacco! Pulling the goalie with 4:30 left? What was that?

Broncoholic3233
03-27-2012, 10:24 AM
C'mon Sacco! Pulling the goalie with 4:30 left? What was that?

Meh.

This team isn't good enough yet.

Hopefully Varly tanks some more like last night, so maybe, JUST MAYBE, Sacco gets fired.

Broncoholic3233
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
I mean so much things we need to do.....

1) Fire Sacco
2) Fire Sacco
3) Get a better defense

Those are just a few broad ones ;)

Our goal-tending should be fine -- Varly for starter, Jiggy for backup

Then we have 2 very solid lines on offense, but could upgrade the others.

Idk, blah, season is pretty much over, I don't have any hope left.

Broncoholic3233
03-28-2012, 12:20 PM
News: Sacco to return as coach of #Avalanche next season, sources tell Denver Post. Views: Good for him. Bad for Duchene?

Yay, another season down the drain.

broncsfan21
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I mean so much things we need to do.....

1) Fire Sacco
2) Fire Sacco
3) Get a better defense

Those are just a few broad ones ;)

Our goal-tending should be fine -- Varly for starter, Jiggy for backup

Then we have 2 very solid lines on offense, but could upgrade the others.

Idk, blah, season is pretty much over, I don't have any hope left.

Eh our defense is pretty solid. Matt Hunwick needs to get the boot. Other than that the other 5 guys are pretty solid. No Norris trophy caliber guys but we could be and have been much worse off.

Offensively, we have 2 solid scoring lines, a good checking line, and then our third line is kind of in limbo.

Duchene has to find his groove, and the only guy he has a rapport with (Mueller) is out too much for them to produce.

Broncoholic3233
04-05-2012, 08:32 PM
5 goals to the crappy blue jackets at home in a must win and only 2 goals scored....

good job team

InElwayWeTrust
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
So they are eliminated now right?

:( :( :(

JakeNbake
04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
So they are eliminated now right?

:( :( :(

Yes officially.

Eddiemac730
04-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Fire Sacco...

:2cents::2cents:

broncsfan21
04-05-2012, 09:37 PM
5 goals to the crappy blue jackets at home in a must win and only 2 goals scored....

good job team

Took a lot of bad penalties.

The only people who look like they have any semblance of synergy are Landy and O'Reilly, and then the Stastny line.

The rest of the team looks like a bunch of randos who showed up to drop in that day...

DenverBlood
04-06-2012, 09:42 AM

good job team

Yeah I pretty much assumed the team must've quit knowing it was unlikely to get in even if they won the last two. Bad excuse I know but that had to be it.

BroncoFanBoy
04-06-2012, 10:03 AM
So, is it baseball season yet? Oh wait, yes it is!

And boy did the Avs lay an egg... Fire Sacco!

broncsfan21
04-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, one more game in the season. I'll be at Pepsi center going nuts even though we aren't going to the playoffs.

It was a pretty good season considering we improved almost 30 points from last season, but the Avalanche is an organization used to winning so it is still a disappointment.

We have a lot of young talent that is only going to get better. We just need a sign a few veteran forwards in FA this coming offseason and we may have a very good group put together.

Broncoholic3233
04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I think there is a lot more too it than just a few forwards...I'd say that's our strength...Landy, Rhino, Dutchy, McGinn, Downie, Jones, Mueller (if he can stay healthy)..

1 - Who knows what Varly we'll get next year, he's anything but consistent....he ended the year strong down the stretch....we'll see next year.

2 - Our defense was pretty damn bad.

3 - We have a terrible coach who the players are rumored to hate.

We'll see though.

broncsfan21
04-08-2012, 09:35 AM
I think there is a lot more too it than just a few forwards...I'd say that's our strength...Landy, Rhino, Dutchy, McGinn, Downie, Jones, Mueller (if he can stay healthy)..

1 - Who knows what Varly we'll get next year, he's anything but consistent....he ended the year strong down the stretch....we'll see next year.

2 - Our defense was pretty damn bad.

3 - We have a terrible coach who the players are rumored to hate.

We'll see though.

I think forwards are good, we need some vets though to keep our young guys heads screwed on straight. Don't forget Stastny either, he really came on late in the season, and put up PPG numbers worthy of his contract during that stretch. Maybe having a good set of wingers (McGinn, Jones) starting with him next year will set him up for a big year

I disagree about the defense. We have significantly improved our PK unit, and have a much better set of blueliners than we have had the last few years. Not a lot of puck movers, but last time we had a ton of those we finished the season with 63 points...We just need to find someone to kick Hunwick out of his starting spot. Ironically that is where our defense was the worst though, when one d-man got caught pushing in the offensive zone leading to an odd man rush the other way. THe point where we really struggled defensively was when they had it along the high boards, our wingers really struggle moving the puck past that zone.

I think the Varly we will see is the one that started and ended the year, not the Varly that played in the middle of the season. He'll be 24 next season.

Sacco needs to go, no ifs ands or buts about it. Worst coach in the league by far. I'd rather go back to Tony Granato, who the players at least respected, and got about the same results win wise as Sacco.

We should have never fired Coach Q after that 07-08 season.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I think forwards are good, we need some vets though to keep our young guys heads screwed on straight. Don't forget Stastny either, he really came on late in the season, and put up PPG numbers worthy of his contract during that stretch. Maybe having a good set of wingers (McGinn, Jones) starting with him next year will set him up for a big year

I disagree about the defense. We have significantly improved our PK unit, and have a much better set of blueliners than we have had the last few years. Not a lot of puck movers, but last time we had a ton of those we finished the season with 63 points...We just need to find someone to kick Hunwick out of his starting spot. Ironically that is where our defense was the worst though, when one d-man got caught pushing in the offensive zone leading to an odd man rush the other way. THe point where we really struggled defensively was when they had it along the high boards, our wingers really struggle moving the puck past that zone.

I think the Varly we will see is the one that started and ended the year, not the Varly that played in the middle of the season. He'll be 24 next season.

Sacco needs to go, no ifs ands or buts about it. Worst coach in the league by far. I'd rather go back to Tony Granato, who the players at least respected, and got about the same results win wise as Sacco.

We should have never fired Coach Q after that 07-08 season.

Yeah, I forgot about Statsny. I'm also a big fan of Cody, even though he doesn't put up much numbers, I like him as part of a gritty 4th line. But yeah, I could see us bringing in some vets.

While I agree the defense improved, it still didn't seem like we were that good. Our PK definitely improved can't argue there...but man still seemed like we were pretty bad in general on defense. They are young though, but still, EJ needs to step it up. He's good, but needs to be better, he's supposed to be the anchor of our D.

I hope we see that Varly, he was a blast watching at the start and end. But, with him I just can't be sure. Hoping for the best though, would be great to have found our goalie of the future for sure.

Then yes...Sacco needs to go....we won't be good with him I don't think. I don't think the players like playing for him...and that's never a good thing. Then, he puts our players in the doghouse....like Duchene....and even throwing Hejduk on the 4th line.

broncsfan21
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Statsny. I'm also a big fan of Cody, even though he doesn't put up much numbers, I like him as part of a gritty 4th line. But yeah, I could see us bringing in some vets.

While I agree the defense improved, it still didn't seem like we were that good. Our PK definitely improved can't argue there...but man still seemed like we were pretty bad in general on defense. They are young though, but still, EJ needs to step it up. He's good, but needs to be better, he's supposed to be the anchor of our D.

I hope we see that Varly, he was a blast watching at the start and end. But, with him I just can't be sure. Hoping for the best though, would be great to have found our goalie of the future for sure.

Then yes...Sacco needs to go....we won't be good with him I don't think. I don't think the players like playing for him...and that's never a good thing. Then, he puts our players in the doghouse....like Duchene....and even throwing Hejduk on the 4th line.

I'm a huge Cody fan, he is exactly what you look for in a 4th line winger.

A lot of the defense hinges on EJ's development. If he can get a Chris Pronger thing going, we will be in good shape. O'Brien, O'Byrne, and Hejda are great defensemen.

Varly will thrive when Sacco isn't his coach anymore, the guy crushes his players confidence in his doghouse.

Playing Hejduk on the 4th line was a crime, it made me extremely sad to see one of my favorite all time players treated that way.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah. Don't know many people that support Sacco in the slightest.

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't say that O'Brien, O'Byrne, and Hejda are great defense men. I would however say they are our best. EJ is better than O'Byrne. But he needs to improve. He has all the physical tools. He needs to learn the game a bit better.

But for that he needs a better coach.

I don't like Sacco one bit. I read the mile high hockey blog you guys should check it out if you haven't yet. It has some homers like all boards but it also has some really good posts.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm a huge Cody fan, he is exactly what you look for in a 4th line winger.

A lot of the defense hinges on EJ's development. If he can get a Chris Pronger thing going, we will be in good shape. O'Brien, O'Byrne, and Hejda are great defensemen.

Varly will thrive when Sacco isn't his coach anymore, the guy crushes his players confidence in his doghouse.

Playing Hejduk on the 4th line was a crime, it made me extremely sad to see one of my favorite all time players treated that way.

Yeah. I like O'Brien and Hedja a lot. They are very solid. O'Byrne ain't bad either.

Wilson, Hunwick bleh. Elliot is bleh too needs more time.

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah. I like O'Brien and Hedja a lot. They are very solid. O'Byrne ain't bad either.

Wilson, Hunwick bleh. Elliot is bleh too needs more time.

Elliot and Barrie could be good. They are young and need more time.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Elliot and Barrie could be good. They are young and need more time.

Yeah. I would rather have big, strong bad ass defenseman though.

But Elliot turning into something good would be nice with his offensive fire power.

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:32 PM

But Elliot turning into something good would be nice with his offensive fire power.

I agree though I usually like to have at least one Offensive D-man on the team.

Two is great if they can do both.

Just gotta pair them with someone good :P

broncsfan21
04-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Yea the Avs have a tendency to go overboard with the small offensive defensemen.

We end up with too many and then can't stop anyone in our own zone. I still have nightmares of that defensive group of liles, cumiskey, hunwick, and shattenkirk.

O'Byrne is a shot blocking monster, and can physically match up against anyone in the league (remember that hit on Chara?).

He was quite a steal for us from the Habs. Offensively he doesn't really bring anything, but that is not his role on the team anyways.

broncsfan21
05-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Glad we resigned Hejduk, he isn't what he used to be but he is the consummate professional and is a great role model for our young core of players to learn from.