Nuggets get: Josh Smith

Celtics get: Ty Lawson & Nene

Nuggets get: Rajon Rondo & Kevin Garnett

Discuss all Nuggets Deadline moves....

1. Yes please

2. I'd cry for weeks.

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Here is an article on ESPN.com. They think some teams will be trying to get Birdman. I know a lot of you guys think he's awful but I actually think he is good at what he does and would like to keep him. I wouldn't be devastated if we traded him but I'd rather keep him around.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7651166/gasol-millsap-rondo-best-chemistry-trade-fits-nba

Chris Andersen, C,
Denver Nuggets

"Birdman" is enjoying arguably his best season, which is ironic in that it's coming with a team that simply does not need him that much. But that's what makes him so special in this trade market; his drop in minutes has only helped him play better basketball.

A team looking for help off the bench would find few players more capable in the paint than Andersen, and he'd be happy to play for a team that can give him more run than 15 minutes a game. He's a great finisher inside and a great shot blocker, so we're talking about a big-time upgrade for most teams' second units in terms of paint play, which is critically important in the playoffs.

Additionally, Andersen is a guy who teammates adore, due in part to his ability but also because of his unique personality and willingness to be his own man. His body art might be ostentatious, but his on- and off-court personas are just the opposite.

The Experience
03-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Here is an article on ESPN.com. They think some teams will be trying to get Birdman. I know a lot of you guys think he's awful but I actually think he is good at what he does and would like to keep him. I wouldn't be devastated if we traded him but I'd rather keep him around.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7651166/gasol-millsap-rondo-best-chemistry-trade-fits-nba

When Moz and K2 get back Bird goes right back to the bench, he gets payed 3.5 mil/yr. We have to move him. He is 33 and really is nothing special.

Trade him for anything.

The Experience
03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n5rmdz

would be a great move for Denver....

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Not bad, what do you think about this one? I have heard he could be available, and he is a great scorer. He can create his own shot which is what we need, and he can be the go to guy in crunch time, which is also what we need.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72lwbnz

The Experience
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Just something to think about with the Boston trade.

I love Lawson, but Rondo is a better PG. With our other weapons RR would make them better because that is what he does.

Also by doing this we unload Nene's contract, we pick up Garnett who is an expiring contract. So that gives us great cap room heading into the rich 2012 FA class.

I'm not saying we should do it but it is worth thinking about.

We definitely get much better defensively with this trade.

The Experience
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Not bad, what do you think about this one? I have heard he could be available, and he is a great scorer. He can create his own shot which is what we need, and he can be the go to guy in crunch time, which is also what we need.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72lwbnz

What would we do with Ellis? We already have AAA getting paid nicely to start. He wouldn't come off the bench. Ellis is a great scorer but I'm not sure how he would fit here.

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
What would we do with Ellis? We already have AAA getting paid nicely to start. He wouldn't come off the bench. Ellis is a great scorer but I'm not sure how he would fit here.

That's true, that is what I was thinking about myself... :(

He would be a great asset for us but we already have too many people at 2 and 3.

johnlimburg
03-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah Anderson has been solid at times when he has got in. A few bad games but he is not as bad as people make out.

On that trade that first one would be awesome. However we would have no backup point guard.

The second one is awful. No thanks.

SoundsOfSuccess
03-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't follow the Nuggets much so don't be surprised if this is a bad question, but what do you guys think of Pau Gasol?

12and4
03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I love pau gasol, mmkay

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't follow the Nuggets much so don't be surprised if this is a bad question, but what do you guys think of Pau Gasol?

I would love to get Gasol. I'd give Nene and Miller, or whoever else it took to get him.

Lawson
Afflalo
Gallinari
Gasol
Mozgov

Looks good to me! :thumb:

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Gasol is soft.

Nene is softer.

I hate Pau. HATE him. But I'd be fine getting him, and I'd learn to like him.

The Experience
03-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd pass on Gasol, we already have enough flopping spaniards....

Now Marc Gasol on the other hand...

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Gasol is soft.

Nene is softer.

I hate Pau. HATE him. But I'd be fine getting him, and I'd learn to like him.

Gasol is a little soft but he won the Lakers the championship a few years ago. Kobe was playing terrible and Gasol put that team on his shoulders and carried them. Kobe won the MVP because he is Kobe but it should have gone to Gasol. Nene won't even put this team on his back in a regular season game. :rolleyes:

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I'd pass on Gasol, we already have enough flopping spaniards....

Now Marc Gasol on the other hand...

He's the one I wanted us to sign this past off season. But Memphis re-signed him so we didn't even have a chance really.

He's big, and not a wuss like his bro. But, I really doubt Memphis would part ways with him for Nene and miller.

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Gasol is a little soft but he won the Lakers the championship a few years ago. Kobe was playing terrible and Gasol put that team on his shoulders and carried them. Kobe won the MVP because he is Kobe but it should have gone to Gasol. Nene won't even put this team on his back in a regular season game. :rolleyes:

He's just a big flopper and pulled a disappearing act last year.

He's good, no doubt about it. I'd be fine with getting him. But I really don't think it'd be THAT big of an upgrade.

SoundsOfSuccess
03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I would love to get Gasol. I'd give Nene and Miller, or whoever else it took to get him.

Lawson
Afflalo
Gallinari
Gasol
Mozgov

Looks good to me! :thumb:

I doubt the Lakers could make a deal with Denver.

We all know LA desperately needs a point guard, as well as youth and the Nuggets will likely not be willing to part with Ty Lawson, about the only intriguing player that could fit for LA.

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I doubt the Lakers could make a deal with Denver.

We all know LA desperately needs a point guard, as well as youth and the Nuggets will likely not be willing to part with Ty Lawson, about the only intriguing player that could fit for LA.

LOL!! If the Lakers wanted Lawson we would be needing Gasol and Bynum at least. :laugh:

SoundsOfSuccess
03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
LOL!! If the Lakers wanted Lawson we would be needing Gasol and Bynum at least. :laugh:

...can't tell if you're serious..

Broncoholic3233
03-08-2012, 06:07 PM
...can't tell if you're serious..

He's not ACTUALLY serious.

But, that'd leave us with no PG.

So yes, that'd have to happen....or a 3 team trade....

SoundsOfSuccess
03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
He's not ACTUALLY serious.

But, that'd leave us with no PG.

So yes, that'd have to happen....or a 3 team trade....

Lol, okay, I was gonna say, it'd take Lawson and picks to Gasol, I don't see where one of the leagues best centers figures in there.

Edit-- not that he's at all intriguing but Steve Blake would likely be available should the Lakers get a legit PG.

InElwayWeTrust
03-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I was exaggerating, but my point is there is no way we would give up Lawson for Gasol. We would not have a point guard and Lawson is young with a bunch of potential, and Gasol is... not.

12and4
03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd do nene and miller for gasol. both are expendable.

ParkHill-71
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd do nene and miller for gasol. both are expendable.

I dont agree that either are expendable. This team is already hurting at the true point gaurd position as far as depth goes.

Im thinking about the impact of their loss, while adding only Gasol come playoff time. Our strength is our depth. Looking at when Ty was hurt, we really suffered at the 1 in my opinion.

Atwnbroncfan
03-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Sadly, Nene is going nowhere.

12and4
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Sadly, Nene is going nowhere.

And your basis for this?? Inside info? who's your source! I want names dammit

Atwnbroncfan
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
And your basis for this?? Inside info? who's your source! I want names dammit

No sources nothing. Who would be dumb enough to take Nene?

getlynched47
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Get rid of Nene!!!

12and4
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
No sources nothing. Who would be dumb enough to take Nene?

well, we were.... soooo....

nic.zeman24
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Trade nene please I doubt this would happen but it would be nice, maybe for an expiring contract and some draft picks

jake15guy
03-10-2012, 10:10 PM
man i want Josh Smith! Would gladly give up nene and someone else for him.

Papa-pwn
03-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Doesn't look like the Nuggets are being all that active in trade pursuits