PDA

View Full Version : Manning visits Arizona Cardinals

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Peyton Manning visits Arizona Cardinals after meeting with Denver Broncos team president John Elway and coach John Fox: The Manning Sweepstakes is expected to end Tuesday
By Kevin Armstrong / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
Updated: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 1:59 AM.

Peyton Manning is touring the country after being released by the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday.

The high-speed pursuit of quarterback Peyton Manning was expected to continue with a flight to Arizona Saturday evening.

Manning, a free agent after being cut by the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday, planned to visit the Arizona Cardinals in Tempe, according to a Fox Sports report.

The four-time MVP spent Friday afternoon and night in Denver with Broncos team president John Elway and coach John Fox. He departed Denver without signing a contract, but a Broncos source told the Denver Post that management remained “hopeful” that Manning would consider them before making a decision. He is expected to return home to his condo in Miami after Arizona, according to the NFL Network, and choose a landing spot by Tuesday before the full rush of free agency.

The Cardinals, who finished 7-2 after starting the season 1-6, offer warm weather and a surefire receiving threat in Larry Fitzgerald, but former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner believes the Miami Dolphins may be the leaders for Manning’s services.

“I think Miami still has the upper hand,” Warner, who was hosting a charity event at the Cardinals’ facility Saturday afternoon, told The Associated Press. “I don’t necessarily know why I think that. I just think since Day 1 they’ve made it known, ‘We want him to be our guy and we’ll do whatever we have to do to get him.’ I think if you’re a guy in that situation, at that stage of your career, that’s what you want to hear.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peyton-manning-visits-arizona-cardinals-a-day-meeting-dever-broncos-team-president-john-elway-coach-john-fox-article-1.1036951#ixzz1onWLQlBK

jetrazor74
03-11-2012, 02:03 AM
That link doesn't take you to this article.

HavoK471
03-11-2012, 02:04 AM
I like Kurt Warner

And it's good to see him make this claim and admit outright that he really doesn't know but he's just giving his opinion. I can respect this a lot more than some of the previous speculation.

jetrazor74
03-11-2012, 02:06 AM
I like Kurt Warner

And it's good to see him make this claim and admit outright that he really doesn't know but he's just giving his opinion. I can respect this a lot more than some of the previous speculation.

Totally agree. I wish more would admit they really have no clue why they think Miami is a better fit than anyone else instead of making up a bunch of reasons that could fit several teams.

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 02:13 AM
That link doesn't take you to this article.

Oops. Fixed it.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peyton-manning-visits-arizona-cardinals-a-day-meeting-dever-broncos-team-president-john-elway-coach-john-fox-article-1.1036951#ixzz1onWLQlBK

DarkHorse26
03-11-2012, 02:13 AM
The more I sit and think about it the more I start to think we may have been used. Making Arizona sweat it out today, not setting up a meeting with Miami as of yet and spending so much time with us on his first visit. He is setting the stage for both Miami and Arizona to be in total desperation mode when he arrives. He will be in a position to basically get whatever he wants and them some.

I really hope that's not the case but it definitely leaves room for the imagination.

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 02:15 AM
I like Kurt Warner

I respect Kurt Warner's opinion a lot more than most of the posters on this board.

Dude is there in Arizona....
and he is stating what he thinks is happening..
instead of being a homer and rah rah for the Cards.

BeardedWonder
03-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Can u imagine 2x brady vs. manning games a year

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 02:18 AM
The more I sit and think about it the more I start to think we may have been used. Making Arizona sweat it out today, not setting up a meeting with Miami as of yet and spending so much time with us on his first visit. He is setting the stage for both Miami and Arizona to be in total desperation mode when he arrives. He will be in a position to basically get whatever he wants and them some.

I really hope that's not the case but it definitely leaves room for the imagination.

It is called LEVERAGE.

I said as much before Peyton even arrived...
and sparked the whole Tebow hatred party.

Adam Schefters analysis yesterday on the radio said.. I paraphrase..
the team that interviews a guy last often has the best shot.

Miami is last.. and PM has a home there.

Jay3
03-11-2012, 05:13 AM

It's hard to read, but the more I think about it, the more I think Miami is in the coveted "final visit before Tuesday" mode. With them, he can just keep going, do the deal, etc. And the leverage will be a return visit to Denver.

First is good in many ways. But last is also good.

shawinkerpoppin
03-11-2012, 06:16 AM
his reason for thinking he will be in miami is "idk"?

BRONCO109
03-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I am an admirer of Manning with the question only of Manning post season record....but he has a ring and 4 MVP.....

Honestly I don't believe Peyton Manning will come to Denver logically compared to Miami and AZ for the following reasons.

1) Outdoor field with possible cold weather in Denver in Dec and January.
2) Our problem of recent with the alleged Doping by players.
3) Or past run first system that Fox historically uses( Manning may change that if played for us). Lacking more pieces to be a contender than the other two.
4) AZ is a warm weather city with a dome and Grass.Has less pieces to fill to be a contender, OL is the only partial weak area other than that good pieces to be contender. Great receiver in L Fitz.
5) Has a home in Miami, warm weather, young team with again less pieces to fill to be a contender. Good receiver in Marshall.

And the Biggy is money AZ and Miami have both said more or less Open checkbook that I don't see our FO doing with their history. Especially for a QB that is still not 100% and may not be again.....

But who knows ....only the man flying around being wined and dinned....

:goz:

Pura Vida
03-11-2012, 08:14 AM
I dont like this thread. It is scaring me. No dolphins....... the division is too tough to win . i hope that helps.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I am an admirer of Manning with the question only of Manning post season record....but he has a ring and 4 MVP.....

Honestly I don't believe Peyton Manning will come to Denver logically compared to Miami and AZ for the following reasons.

3) Or past run first system that Fox historically uses( Manning may change that if played for us). Lacking more pieces to be a contender than the other two.
4) AZ is a warm weather city with a dome and Grass.Has less pieces to fill to be a contender, OL is the only partial weak area other than that good pieces to be contender. Great receiver in L Fitz.
5) Has a home in Miami, warm weather, young team with again less pieces to fill to be a contender. Good receiver in Marshall.

And the Biggy is money AZ and Miami have both said more or less Open checkbook that I don't see our FO doing with their history. Especially for a QB that is still not 100% and may not be again.....

Miami doesn't have the cap space that we do, and AZ would have to cut key players to sign him.

ERoyal248
03-11-2012, 08:35 AM

Miami only has 15-16 mil total in cap unless others restructure.

Arizona is 13 mil over the cap as of now, so they'd have to cut some key players to get him.

And spent a ton of time with him, this wasn't a meet and greet, we are VERY interested in PM, VERY.

samparnell
03-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Miami doesn't have the cap space that we do, and AZ would have to cut key players to sign him.

That's true on the salary cap/management side of it.

On the football side of it, I thought Miami would be better for PM since they have more pieces in place than Denver seems to at the moment. The Broncos are still rebuilding, especially on defense.

On the intangible side of it is the weather and the home he has there.

BRONCO109
03-11-2012, 08:47 AM

I am a fan of both TT and PM...

Mr. Manning they say has made 170 Mill more or less in his career....It is a possible question does me want more money or a shot at another ring in his limited remaining playing shelf life?

He is a very intelligent man I feel .....in how he orchestrates an offense and in interviews.... what is his main goal ~ring or $$~... if a team wants him the most they will do what they have to to get him....I just don't see my beloved Broncos as his choice personally even though he would be a short term answer to our QB passing improvement %... So is EFX in it for the now or the long hall ...

We as the fans only wish and speculate what is in the minds of Elway, Fox, ad Mr. X...

BRONCO109
03-11-2012, 08:50 AM

On the football side of it, I thought Miami would be better for PM since they have more pieces in place than Denver seems to at the moment. The Broncos are still rebuilding, especially on defense.

My point exactly....Thank you Sam...

KentuckyFan
03-11-2012, 08:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

I have been thinking about Manning coming here every since it he visited but I am still not for sure if I want him here. Last year when Tebow came in to our 1-4 team I had already giving up hope that we would make the playoffs. Tebow started a fire in me that I haven't felt in a very long time and the joy that I had from watching the Broncos play.
Now Manning is looking like he might be coming here and I really don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, yes he is the better QB, yes we have a better chance on winning more games, yes we have a better chance on winning the Superbowl. But on the other hand we have Tebow, he took a team that gave up and made them a playoff team and beat the Steelers!

Since I am the only true Bronco fan that I know that lives here, friends and family has come up to me and asked me how I feel and all I can say is ... I don't know.

RockyMtnConvert
03-11-2012, 08:55 AM
It feels like we are the Jets or Vikings, renting a great QB for a few years, hoping..... If you can live with a 2-3 year plan, you can be pumped up... If you are thinking long-term, this probably does not sit well..

AirMax
03-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Sources familiar with the situation tell ESPN's Adam Schefter the Broncos and Cardinals are considered free agent Peyton Manning's "two likeliest landing spots."
According to Schefter, "indications" are that the Dolphins aren't as high on Manning's list as the Cardinals and Broncos. A source who spoke with Manning prior to his trip to Arizona says his "gut" is that Manning is "leaning toward Denver." Schefter also reports the Seahawks have been working to arrange a meeting with Manning, but have been unsuccessful. The Cardinals and Broncos' status as Manning's first two visits make it unsurprising that they're currently in the lead for his services, but it would be a major upset if Manning signs a new deal without first getting the checkbook of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross involved.

thanks though, kurt

broncos SB2010
03-11-2012, 08:58 AM

What you say is true. However, if you look at the possibility of making the playoffs, Denver/AZ are better spots since playing in the AFCE he would have to play NE, NYJ, and Buffalo twice each. That's a hard road to the PO with Miami. Whereas here in Denver, 8-8 can win the division.

#87Birdman
03-11-2012, 09:05 AM
It feels like we are the Jets or Vikings, renting a great QB for a few years, hoping..... If you can live with a 2-3 year plan, you can be pumped up... If you are thinking long-term, this probably does not sit well..

Pretty much. I don't think Manning will be able to lead us to a superbowl in the next 2 years, and then we are also a young team. Manning wants to bring his guys with him, so that we will sacrafice our young guys getting experience so that Manning can get his chance at the super bowl one more final time.

I just have this feeling this whole thing will blow up in our faces and set us back even more years.

KentuckyFan
03-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't want to pass up on Manning because of everything he brings to the table. Better players will sign with us once he is with us.
If we go with Manning 4 maybe 5 years from now we would be looking for another QB ... Is that something we really want to do?

AirMax
03-11-2012, 09:06 AM

brett favre was one game away from the superbowl with the vikings though. tebows too inconsistent everyone knows what you will get with peyton manning

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
everyone knows what you will get with peyton manning

Ummm, after 4 neck surgeries ? No, people don't know what they will get with Peyton Manning.

Southtown
03-11-2012, 09:14 AM
brett favre was one game away from the superbowl with the vikings though. tebows too inconsistent everyone knows what you will get with peyton manning

Exactly.

You will get a record setting regular season and one gigantic CHOKE job in the playoffs. History tells me so.

rocks
03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Exactly.

You will get a record setting regular season and one gigantic CHOKE job in the playoffs. History tells me so.

This. I like Peyton but he is not a closer. He needs some brass balls.

redneckrocker
03-11-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm also torn on this one. I've always liked Peyton, I like the way he goes about his business. But, is the neck really healthy. I worry that one good hit could end his career for good. On the otherhand if it is all good Peyton immediately makes any team better. I also really like Tebow, I like the was he goes about his business as well. I also am realistic and know Tebow isn't the strong arm QB Elway wants, but if he is allowed to do his thing he just keeps winning.

I wonder if EFX is looking at a package deal with Manning and Wayne, we could use a legit #1 WR. Wayne, DT, Decker, and Royal sounds pretty good to me.

OrangeCrushem
03-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm also torn on this one. I've always liked Peyton, I like the way he goes about his business. But, is the neck really healthy. I worry that one good hit could end his career for good. On the otherhand if it is all good Peyton immediately makes any team better. I also really like Tebow, I like the was he goes about his business as well. I also am realistic and know Tebow isn't the strong arm QB Elway wants, but if he is allowed to do his thing he just keeps winning.

I wonder if EFX is looking at a package deal with Manning and Wayne, we could use a legit #1 WR. Wayne, DT, Decker, and Royal sounds pretty good to me.

The reports have been that Manning's neck is stronger than it was before his surgery. The issue is the healing of the nerves in his throwing arm. Nerves take time to heal, and Peyton not playing was the best thing he could have done to help the healing take a "set". He could probably take a harder hit now than before. It IS a gamble, but the guy could come in and set the world on fire..or he could be a shell of his former self. Lucky for us, the guy checking out his on field QB skills knows a few things about 37 year old QB's winning the Super Bowl.

Br0nc0Buster
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I understand the injury risk and he will be a risky signing

That said I am not too concerned about it, for what it is worth the surgeon who performed his surgeries said it should not be any sort of degenerative issue
His exact words I think were "If he were my son I would tell him to go play football"

His arm strength seems to be the bigger issue
Well he threw a 50 yard post route in that duke video taken of him like 2 weeks ago

Considering he doesnt have to throw a meaningful pass until September I think he will be fine there as well

rocks
03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
The reports have been that Manning's neck is stronger than it was before his surgery. The issue is the healing of the nerves in his throwing arm. Nerves take time to heal, and Peyton not playing was the best thing he could have done to help the healing take a "set". He could probably take a harder hit now than before. It IS a gamble, but the guy could come in and set the world on fire..or he could be a shell of his former self. Lucky for us, the guy checking out his on field QB skills knows a few things about 37 year old QB's winning the Super Bowl.

That 37 year old never sat out a year due to injuries AND he had players he was in sync with for many years. Manning will not have that even if Reggie Wayne comes with him.

#Broncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Why can't people use some common sense. Are you seriously trying to tell me that his neck is stronger???? I'm not saying Peyton won't do well, that remains to be seen, but to suggest his neck is better than before the damage is ludicrous. IMO

OrangeCrushem
03-11-2012, 10:09 AM
That 37 year old never sat out a year due to injuries AND he had players he was in sync with for many years. Manning will not have that even if Reggie Wayne comes with him.

That's true..But he knows what it takes and he has the best interests of the team in mind. If he didn' t wouldn't be talking with Peyton Manning. It's a gamble either way you look at it. However, I'd like to see the odds of the Broncos winning a SB with Manning vs. the odds of them winning one with Tim Tebow.

OrangeCrushem
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Why can't people use some common sense. Are you seriously trying to tell me that his neck is stronger???? I'm not saying Peyton won't do well, that remains to be seen, but to suggest his neck is better than before the damage is ludicrous. IMO

You can tell that to this guy, then......Maybe he's just spouting ludicrous drivel because he is a Tebow hater.

Wellington K. Hsu, a spine surgeon and assistant professor at Northwestern University, says the fused area should not be vulnerable. "In fact, his neck is probably stronger now than it was before the surgery because he has a solid, bony fusion," Hsu said.

In 2010, Hsu published a study of 99 NFL players who had sustained herniated disks: 53 had surgeries and 46 opted for non-surgical treatments. Hsu found players who had surgeries had higher return-to-play rates and longer careers than those who had not.

According to his study, 38 of the 53 players who had surgery returned to play for 29 games over an ensuing 2.8-year period that was analyzed.

In 1998, then-Florida State quarterback Chris Weinke had spinal fusion surgery. He returned in 1999 to lead Florida State to an undefeated national championship season. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2000 and played in the NFL from 2001-2007.

"Peyton's issue is weakness of the muscle, and that doesn't always happen," says Hsu. "So that made his (outcome) more unpredictable as well."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-03-08/doctors-upbeat-on-manning-health/53424974/1

#Broncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Notice the word probably. Anyone who has had damage in a joint or nerve damage knows its never better than before the dmg occurred. That is all I'm saying.

uncoalum
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
If Manning would sign with Denver, think of the free agents that would flock here and be willing to take less for a chance to play for a Super Bowl. We would become contenders over night.

OrangeCrushem
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Notice the word probably. Anyone who has had damage in a joint or nerve damage knows its never better than before the dmg occurred. That is all I'm saying.

You said saying his neck being stronger than before was ludicrous. According to an expert, you're wrong. I have a little doubt about the nerve and muscle stuff, but I'm not an expert. The one who can evaluate his on field peformance is John Elway, one of the greatest in history. That will be the true test of the "soft" stuff that is a result of his injury. The neck isn't the issue.

catsigater
03-11-2012, 10:19 AM
The reports have been that Manning's neck is stronger than it was before his surgery.
Nope, the doctor's are saying,"It should be stronger." Or that it, "probably is stronger."

See, "should" and "probably" make a difference.

Kind of like when Elway says, "I hope Tim will be our QB for years to come."

amaya1700
03-11-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry but for those owners who even thought trading Tebow was a good idea... you need to go get your head checked. Tebow for Manning? Please. Tebow is going to take the Broncos much farther than ANYONE ever could.

Dodgers31296
03-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Of course us and the cards are the front runners.
were the only two teams he's visited! :P

rockitdrummer
I would really love the chance to see a "Montana" like ending to Mannings carreer in Denver, maybe even with a Championship. Keep on narrowing Peyton!

COBronc78
Saw an interesting tweet:

It took Manning 100 starts to win 1st playoff game. Took Tebow 15. How do we let him just go?

BroncosDivision
03-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Old and already posted (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=208475)

@TC: You'll probably get an infraction unless you delete this thread.

#Broncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:26 AM
You said saying his neck being stronger than before was ludicrous. According to an expert, you're wrong. I have a little doubt about the nerve and muscle stuff, but I'm not an expert. The one who can evaluate his on field peformance is John Elway, one of the greatest in history. That will be the true test of the "soft" stuff that is a result of his injury. The neck isn't the issue.

The neck is absolutely the issue. The loss of strength in his arm is due to nerve damage in his neck.

I think what the doctor is saying is that his neck could be "stronger" because it is fused now, but what he isn't saying are the drawbacks of having joints fused. There is a reason why aren't born with fused necks, it's not better, and it's silly to read that into. Not saying you are but I think some might take that from his statements, and that would just be flat out wrong.

Matymaddog
03-11-2012, 10:33 AM
To the guy who indicated manning had a ton of experience and rapport with his recievers and never had to sit out a full year, have you ever watched the colts play? Do you realize the colts constantly had a rotation of random recievers that would throw up huge numbers? Austin Collie, Jacob Tamme anyone? He throws his recievers open. It was widely believed you could hve Peyton any random reciever and he would make then good.

catsigater
03-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I would really love the chance to see a "Montana" like ending to Mannings carreer in Denver, maybe even with a Championship. Keep on narrowing Peyton!
Don't know why the Montana post-SF legacy would get you all that excited. Is this really what you're looking for?

Joe Montana is widely cited as the guy who got it done late in his career with a new team. He played his last two seasons (1993, 1994) with the Kansas City Chiefs. Montana, in fact, provides almost the perfect historic precedent for Manning: He was the face of the 49ers and one of the NFL's elite players for more than a decade, much like Manning was with the Colts. Montana missed the entire 1991 season due to injury at age 35 -- the same age as Manning when he missed the entire 2011 season due to injury.

Montana played in just one game for the 49ers at age 36, in the 1992 season, and was 37 when he landed with the Chiefs in 1993 and helped Kansas City reach the AFC title game that season. But those dusty old memories fans have of Ageless Joe playing elite football at the end are not matched by reality.

The injury-riddled Montana appeared in just 25 of 32 regular-season games with the Chiefs, and his production was simply not what it had been as a younger player. He threw 29 TDs against 16 INTs over those two seasons, and even his famous run to the AFC title game in the 1993 season was something less amazing than many remember.

The Chiefs beat the 9-7 Steelers at home in overtime in the wild card round (Dave Krieg actually threw Kansas City's first TD that day). A narrow home win against a borderline .500 team is hardly the stuff of legend. A week later Montana was picked off twice by the Oilers in the divisional round, but managed to outduel Warren Moon, who was also 37, 28-20.

Montana's Chiefs were then manhandled 30-13 by the Bills in the 1993 AFC title game, and the quarterback was knocked from the game in the third quarter after completing just 9 of 23 passes for 125 yards and one interception.

Montana returned for the 1994 season, but threw just 16 TDs in 14 games.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/03/07/peyton.manning/index.html#ixzz1opZhXpRi

Alastor
03-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Thread moved to the News Wire, as we already have several threads on Manning in the Broncos area, and he's not even a Bronco (yet).

Also, the title was changed to match that of the article, per the sticky at the top of this forum.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Saw an interesting tweet:

Manning went to the playoffs in his second year.

100 games...where do people get this retarded crap

AHH

play off WIN, gotcha.

samparnell
03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
What you say is true. However, if you look at the possibility of making the playoffs, Denver/AZ are better spots since playing in the AFCE he would have to play NE, NYJ, and Buffalo twice each. That's a hard road to the PO with Miami. Whereas here in Denver, 8-8 can win the division.

Plus, San Francisco's D is a bigger stumbling block in the NFCW than anything he'd encounter in the AFCW.

My gut feeling is the Broncos sign PM. Sorry, I have no link to my gut. You probably wouldn't like it if I did. :D

IStoleYourName
03-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Don't know why the Montana post-SF legacy would get you all that excited. Is this really what you're looking for?

I was thinking the same thing...I grew up in KC and he was going to be our savior....only memory I have of him is he's sitting on the bench holding his head after he got knocked out of the game against the Bills.

#Broncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Manning did not WIN a playoff game until 2004. That is what they are refering to. Actually it was against us.

Alastor
03-11-2012, 10:44 AM
The thread title has been edited to reflect the title of the article.

jcdavey
03-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Manning did not WIN a playoff game until 2004. That is what they are refering to. Actually it was against us.

was that the game where harrison or wayne fell down after the catch and denver let him back up and score?

OrangeCrushem
03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
The neck is absolutely the issue. The loss of strength in his arm is due to nerve damage in his neck.

I think what the doctor is saying is that his neck could be "stronger" because it is fused now, but what he isn't saying are the drawbacks of having joints fused. There is a reason why aren't born with fused necks, it's not better, and it's silly to read that into. Not saying you are but I think some might take that from his statements, and that would just be flat out wrong.

Well, if you're not expert in the field, which I certainly am not, you sometimes have to defer to those who are when you make judgments about stuff like this. He's not just blindly making statements. He conducted a study of NFL players who have had similar injuries and surgeries. In my book, that makes him credible. Whether or not he is 100% dead-on-b**ls on accurate remains to be seen. He doesn't have a crystal ball; he's making judgments from past experience. Manning could take the field and suffer a Joe Theismann like leg injury to end his career. On the same token, the leg Tebow broke could be broken in a spot that causes too much risk. God forbid any of that happens, I'm just making a point here.

#Broncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:51 AM
was that the game where harrison or wayne fell down after the catch and denver let him back up and score?

Yep that's the one.

#Broncosfan
03-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Well, if you're not expert in the field, which I certainly am not, you sometimes have to defer to those who are when you make judgments about stuff like this. He's not just blindly making statements. He conducted a study of NFL players who have had similar injuries and surgeries. In my book, that makes him credible. Whether or not he is 100% dead-on-b**ls on accurate remains to be seen. He doesn't have a crystal ball; he's making judgments from past experience. Manning could take the field and suffer a Joe Theismann like leg injury to end his career. On the same token, the leg Tebow broke could be broken in a spot that causes too much risk. God forbid any of that happens, I'm just making a point here.

Listen believe what you want. I know enough about anatomy and personal experience with joint/nerve damage to know this Dr isn't being up front about the downfalls of having a fused neck.

It's really just downright silly to compare a broken leg to neck damage. Your spinal column is full of nerves it's not even slightly comparable to the nerves in ones leg.

jcdavey
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
seems like once the peyton thing blows over, there's going to be a handful of teams scrambling for flynn as a 2nd place prize....

BroncoSynapses
03-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Ummm, after 4 neck surgeries ? No, people don't know what they will get with Peyton Manning.

How many years does Manning have with the same throwing motion, and the same velocity on the ball. Now that his arm strength may suffer from nerve damage, what does that to do his ability to throw accurately and his motion?

Will he have to adopt a modified motion to get some of his old zip back?

Should this organization spend ~40 million to find out?

IABronco05
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Plus, San Francisco's D is a bigger stumbling block in the NFCW than anything he'd encounter in the AFCW.

My gut feeling is the Broncos sign PM. Sorry, I have no link to my gut. You probably wouldn't like it if I did. :D

I have the same gut feeling... Maybe it's just wishful thinking

If PM decides to come here, I hope TT will want to stay around and I hope EFX will want to keep him. Learning from one of the best QB's for a few years sure wouldn't hurt. I don't know if the TT faIthful would accept it, could you imagine if PM had a few rough games and the Tebow chants started up again??

catsigater
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
If PM decides to come here, I hope TT will want to stay around and I hope EFX will want to keep him...
Neither EFX, Manning, or Tebow will want Tebow here if Manning is signed.

Hansolo
03-11-2012, 12:04 PM
ESPN: Manning leaning toward Denver
Posted on: 12:33 pm, March 11, 2012, by Marc Sternfield, updated on: 12:42pm, March 11, 2012

DENVER – Free agent quarterback Peyton Manning has narrowed down his options to just two teams: the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals, sources tell ESPN.
Manning spent Friday and Saturday meeting with Broncos executives before traveling to Arizona.
On Sunday, he visited with Cardinals head coach Ken Wisenhunt, assistant coaches and Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
The Miami Dolphins were once considered strong contenders in the Manning Sweepstakes. However, ESPN reports Miami is no longer high on his list.
One source who spoke with the 11-time Pro Bowler prior to his trip to Arizona said “his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver.”
Manning is expected to announce his decision early this week.

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/11/espn-manning-leaning-toward-denver/

Alastor
03-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Moved to the News Wire.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

jgod654
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Noooes! Go away!

Peyton! Listen to me! They have Fitz and play in a dome! Cmon!

YoungandFertile
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
this is straight asinine.

Regardless of my feelings about Tebow. Is EFX really stupid enough to think that Manning elevates this team to a Superbowl contender??? Just last year we started out as the worst team in the league over the previous two year span! Get ready for 3 more mediocre, under the hill years.

This money would be better spent on someone like mario williams.

muse
03-11-2012, 12:13 PM
This was reported before Manning met with Cards officials. Get with it.

brutledge79
03-11-2012, 12:16 PM
this is straight asinine.

Regardless of my feelings about Tebow. Is EFX really stupid enough to think that Manning elevates this team to a Superbowl contender??? Just last year we started out as the worst team in the league over the previous two year span! Get ready for 3 more mediocre, under the hill years.

This money would be better spent on someone like mario williams.

Bringing in a offense mind like Peyton Manning immediately elevates the power of our offense and franchise. Manning knows how to actually run an offense, unlike Tebow who only knows how to run. And you don't think the draft picks we will get from a Tebow trade wouldn't help? We have a lot of needs that can be addressed in the draft. Plus Mario Williams is an outside guy, kind of already have 2 beasts on the outside, Doom and Gloom! This is the smartest thing the Bronoco's can do for the future of the organization, it's THE only way to wash our hands of Tebow, which contrary to popular belief needs to happen. Come to Denver Peyton!

bjoli198
03-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Even if he should sign with the broncos, he won´t get number 18 :P (It´s Retired since Frank Tripucka)

Hansolo
03-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I love Timmy...

But this is Peyton the "man"ning

:D

Hansolo
03-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Even if he should sign with the broncos, he won´t get number 18 :P (It´s Retired since Frank Tripucka)

True...

But Frank is still alive (84 years young) and could allow his number to be worn by manning.

See Jerry Rice in Seattle. (Steve Largent allowed him to wear 80)

brutledge79
03-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Best thing to happen for the Broncos is to sign Manning, trade Tebow, draft a lot of D, draft a couple pocket passers, and move on! We are still so far in the hole from the McHoody years, this is the only way to move away from Tebow. And I may dislike Tebow, but I dislike his lack of proper QB skills even more!

Alastor
03-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I'd argue that getting Manning helps us get Mario Williams.

BRONCO109
03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Looking at all three schedule we have I think one of the toughest of the three as a whole with each having some tough divisional games...but on any given Sunday as they say....lol

SoundsOfSuccess
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM

Unfortunately, probably true.

Let's hope that ridding of a franchise QB works as well as the last one.

BroncosPWNn00bs
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM

I think getting Peyton Manning will help us get anyone. Players that see us get Peyton, will think we are serious about winning a championship soon and will want to come to Denver. I like Tebow a lot, but the chance to get 1 of the best QB's to ever play, doesn't come around every day. We have the money, and I feel that we're already improving defensively. A healthy Manning would really improve this offense. Only thing I'm scared of is if McCoy and Fox will still be conservative and not let him run things his way. If we get him, I hope hes still the same Manning that basically calls his own plays.

A week ago, I never thought we'd get Manning, now its becoming a reality. I'd probably be sad if we didn't get him now. I'm all for it. :salute:

nyuk nyuk
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM

You never know. If that's the case I hope Von Miller does a Sanchez on him and I hope Doom does a Tom Brady on him.

johnjoda
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
A chance for greatness. It should be the goal for everyone. I am proud for the effort for Manning. Competition starts at the top. there are no guaranteed bets in life, but when an opportunity presents itself, you have to go for it. that is what champions do.

itswutz4dinna
03-11-2012, 12:59 PM
A chance for greatness. It should be the goal for everyone. I am proud for the effort for Manning. Competition starts at the top. there are no guaranteed bets in life, but when an opportunity presents itself, you have to go for it. that is what champions do.

Which is why it worries me that the championship-level teams with s****y quarterbacks (San Fran, Baltimore, Atlanta) aren't "going for it." What do they know that we don't? Is this more a publicity move than about winning (why would we need more publicity)? Or do the Harbaugh's and Ryan just have huge ego's?

catsigater
03-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Which is why it worries me that the championship-level teams with s****y quarterbacks (San Fran, Baltimore, Atlanta) aren't "going for it." What do they know that we don't? Is this more a publicity move than about winning (why would we need more publicity)? Or do the Harbaugh's and Ryan just have huge ego's?
While I think Baltimore and Atlanta's QBs are far from as bad as you say,and Smith acquitted himself well last year, I agree it's interesting none of them appear to think Peyton was worth even a passing interest.

#24 Next Champ
03-11-2012, 01:05 PM

Baltimore and Atlanta have Joe Flacco n Matt Ryan ...neither are considered by most around the league as you described

johnjoda
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM

Baltimore for sure is a question mark. I think the risk for these teams is failing to get Manning and then having to clean up the mess. Yes there will be a mess here if the Broncos fail.

I see it as a high risk, high reward situation. The moral of this story, si do not play poker with Mr. Elway ;)

Alastor
03-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Baltimore for sure is a question mark. I think the risk for these teams is failing to get Manning and then having to clean up the mess. Yes there will be a mess here if the Broncos fail.

I see it as a high risk, high reward situation. The moral of this story, si do not play poker with Mr. Elway ;)

Where's the risk? Tebow is under contract. If Manning doesn't come here, what changes?

It's not like Tebow is under the impression he gets a free pass. I realize many fans think he does, but I don't think Tebow ever believed that himself. He knows who Manning is. He's probably eager to learn from him if he can, or to go someplace else if he needs to.

Tebow knows the score and he knows how it works. I don't think he's happy about the situation - especially if the Broncos do end up trading him away. I don't think there's a big mess to clean up if it doesn't work out though, either.

BroncoCatFan
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
if Manning signs with us it will be the end of the Tebow era and most likely will lead to the end of the Elway era.

catsigater
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Where's the risk? Tebow is under contract. If Manning doesn't come here, what changes?

It's not like Tebow is under the impression he gets a free pass. I realize many fans think he does, but I don't think Tebow ever believed that himself. He knows who Manning is. He's probably eager to learn from him if he can, or to go someplace else if he needs to.

Tebow knows the score and he knows how it works. I don't think he's happy about the situation - especially if the Broncos do end up trading him away. I don't think there's a big mess to clean up if it doesn't work out though, either.Yeah, Tebow's eager to learn as Manning's backup, or go somewhere else instead of starting TC as Denver's #1 QB.

Sure he is.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Tebow's eager to learn as Manning's backup, or go somewhere else instead of starting TC as Denver's #1 QB.

Sure he is.

This is the game they play though. It's all a business... I am sure tim realizes this as much as the next guy.. he seems to be a pro at the 'business' end of things.

catsigater
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
This is the game they play though. It's all a business... I am sure tim realizes this as much as the next guy.. he seems to be a pro at the 'business' end of things.
I'm sure he is too. But you know he'll be extremely disappointed if Manning comes here and he's sent packing. Perhaps even more so if he has to stay.

johnjoda
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Tebow knows the score and he knows how it works. I don't think he's happy about the situation - especially if the Broncos do end up trading him away. I don't think there's a big mess to clean up if it doesn't work out though, either.

Billboards are the risk. :)
:sad:

itswutz4dinna
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Baltimore and Atlanta have Joe Flacco n Matt Ryan ...neither are considered by most around the league as you described

I guess Flacco might be a little underrated but he's inconsistent and probably not going to improve that much at his age. Ryan is younger but vastly overrated in my opinion. It's kind of just a gut feeling about him since he's such a goober. Outside of Brad Johnson on an all-time level defense, how many goobers have won SB's? At this point I think Tebow has much more potential than both of them and might already be as good as Ryan.

PioneerBroncFan
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
if Manning signs with us it will be the end of the Tebow era and most likely will lead to the end of the Elway era.

LOL - Elway will have taken the worst team in the league, delt with the tebow drama, and made it a superbowl contender in a little over 1 calendar year. Pretty sure exec of the year is where he is headed, not the unemployment line. Who cares about poor timmy. Pretty sure I was just trolled. :0

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
ESPN: Manning leaning toward Denver
Posted on: 12:33 pm, March 11, 2012, by Marc Sternfield, updated on: 12:42pm, March 11, 2012

DENVER – Free agent quarterback Peyton Manning has narrowed down his options to just two teams: the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals, sources tell ESPN.
Manning spent Friday and Saturday meeting with Broncos executives before traveling to Arizona.
On Sunday, he visited with Cardinals head coach Ken Wisenhunt, assistant coaches and Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
The Miami Dolphins were once considered strong contenders in the Manning Sweepstakes. However, ESPN reports Miami is no longer high on his list.
One source who spoke with the 11-time Pro Bowler prior to his trip to Arizona said “his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver.”
Manning is expected to announce his decision early this week.

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/11/espn-manning-leaning-toward-denver/Good Find,CP Forthcoming :salute:

johnjoda
03-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I guess Flacco might be a little underrated but he's inconsistent and probably not going to improve that much at his age. Ryan is younger but vastly overrated in my opinion. It's kind of just a gut feeling about him since he's such a goober. Outside of Brad Johnson on an all-time level defense, how many goobers have won SB's? At this point I think Tebow has much more potential than both of them and might already be as good as Ryan.

Champions are consistent. What are we here for? :goz::smash:

Remedy
03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Good Find,CP Forthcoming :salute:

sigh.. I wish I could have an animated avatar... so jealous.

getlynched47
03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
What a surprise, the two teams he visited with are the the front-runners for Manning? I’m shocked…

InsaneBlaze23
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM

It's more of those teams having faith in their QB's. When the 49ers season ended, Harbaugh was asked if they'd pursue a QB. He said they plan on moving forward with Alex Smith.
Same in Baltimore, they are putting faith in Joe. They might make Flynn a offer.
Neither of those 3 have "explicit" QB's.

I think getting Peyton Manning will help us get anyone. Players that see us get Peyton, will think we are serious about winning a championship soon and will want to come to Denver. I like Tebow a lot, but the chance to get 1 of the best QB's to ever play, doesn't come around every day. We have the money, and I feel that we're already improving defensively. A healthy Manning would really improve this offense. Only thing I'm scared of is if McCoy and Fox will still be conservative and not let him run things his way. If we get him, I hope hes still the same Manning that basically calls his own plays.

A week ago, I never thought we'd get Manning, now its becoming a reality. I'd probably be sad if we didn't get him now. I'm all for it. :salute:

Agreed with Al and BroncosPwnoobs.

catsigater
03-11-2012, 02:10 PM
It's more of those teams having faith in their QB's. When the 49ers season ended, Harbaugh was asked if they'd pursue a QB. He said they plan on moving forward with Alex Smith.
Same in Baltimore, they are putting faith in Joe. They might make Flynn a offer.
Neither of those 3 have "explicit" QB's.
Agreed with Al and BroncosPwnoobs.

Tebow would thrive under Harbaugh.

EFCbronco
03-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't see the point in trading Tebow if we get Manning. Does it not make more sense to keep a young QB like Tebow to learn from a gr8 like Manning. As the best we would get for Tebow is a 3rd round pick and thats just bad business to trade a developmental QB who has showed signs of inprovement, that we drafted in the 1st round only 2years ago(I know it was a reach to take him in the 1st but thats a different strory lol). IMO it would be best to sign Manning and see if Tebow can learn to be a better QB watching how a top5 all time QB plays and prepares for games. If not then we have 3years to find Mannings replacement.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't see the point in trading Tebow if we get Manning. Does it not make more sense to keep a young QB like Tebow to learn from a gr8 like Manning. As the best we would get for Tebow is a 3rd round pick and thats just bad business to trade a developmental QB who has showed signs of inprovement, that we drafted in the 1st round only 2years ago(I know it was a reach to take him in the 1st but thats a different strory lol). IMO it would be best to sign Manning and see if Tebow can learn to be a better QB watching how a top5 all time QB plays and prepares for games. If not then we have 3years to find Mannings replacement.

I am going to assume that they would trade him because they dont see him as the future in denver.

he is not 'their' guy and probably want to bring in someone of their own.

that being said I would like to keep him in denver and have him take the Aaron Rodgers treatment of QB development..

all that being said if Manning signs I dont see anyway Tebow stays.

samparnell
03-11-2012, 02:15 PM

Nah!

10 characters

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I am a fan of both TT and PM...

Mr. Manning they say has made 170 Mill more or less in his career....It is a possible question does me want more money or a shot at another ring in his limited remaining playing shelf life?

He is a very intelligent man I feel .....in how he orchestrates an offense and in interviews.... what is his main goal ~ring or $$~... if a team wants him the most they will do what they have to to get him....I just don't see my beloved Broncos as his choice personally even though he would be a short term answer to our QB passing improvement %... So is EFX in it for the now or the long hall ...

We as the fans only wish and speculate what is in the minds of Elway, Fox, ad Mr. X...

:goz:I know Fox has a history of being a run first coach,that would change big time if Manning is signed imo.

AllEyezOnZach27
03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I am going to assume that they would trade him because they dont see him as the future in denver.

he is not 'their' guy and probably want to bring in someone of their own.

that being said I would like to keep him in denver and have him take the Aaron Rodgers treatment of QB development..

all that being said if Manning signs I dont see anyway Tebow stays.

Totally agree! If Manning signs here I would love for Tebow to stay and learn from one of the best to ever do it but I dont think it is possible for that to happen. Tebow started almost a full season and won a playoff game, he isnt going to want to sit on the bench for 2-4 years and hope his chance comes again.

IMO, Elway has to trade Tebow if we want to go all in and try to win the Super Bowl this season with Manning. Both sides can move on and hopefully it will be the best thing for both sides! :goz::goz::goz:

garzjoe
03-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm really excited for the possibility of getting Peyton Manning, that being said it ain't reality till he signs the deal. Only good news is that Peyton is supposed to make his decision by Tuesday I think...so we should know one way or another in a few days.

Thx,
Joe

Remedy
03-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm really excited for the possibility of getting Peyton Manning, that being said it ain't reality till he signs the deal. Only good news is that Peyton is supposed to make his decision by Tuesday I think...so we should know one way or another in a few days.

Thx,
Joe

Klis says to expect the decision tomorrow.. so fingers crossed ladies and gents ;)

now that I think about it 'before tuesday' and 'tomorrow' mean virtually the same thing.

MHSalute
03-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Klis says to expect the decision tomorrow.. so fingers crossed ladies and gents ;)

now that I think about it 'before tuesday' and 'tomorrow' mean virtually the same thing.

Pretty sure Manning wants the team he picks to be able to go into FA and get the needed pieces for him on offense. So I expect the decision to come soon on Monday so teams can prepare for FA.

Broncoboy6
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM

I just can't see how the Dolphins have more pieces in place than we do.

WR's: Hands down we have the bigger and better WR's. The Dolphins best receiver is probably Bess, inwhich i think Royal is way better at (especially with Manning at QB - Not a knock on Tebow).

RB: The Dolphins do have Reggie Bush and Rookie Daniel Thomas. We have Mcgahee, Moreno, Ball, Johnson and have yet to see Fannin. and if we can land David Wilson, Doug Martin or Turbin......WOW.

TE's: Again, with Manning at helm i can see Thomas and Green developing faster, with Fells or Rosario as steady targets for him.

OL: who better to protect Peytons back than Clady, and i believe that the rest will have vast improvement this upcoming season. And who knows, if we do get him, i think the focus on the draft will change, targeting quality OL.

As for Defense: Bailey, Goodman, Harris and the return of Vaughn, Thompson, i'd take our CB's over the Dolphins any day. Although i do like Vontae Davis. I'd also take our S/FS's over theirs.

LB's / DL: I really like what we have, and think we definitely have the advantage with the exception of DT's. I have high hopes for Jeremy Beal, and want to see him get on the field and show what he has. I like our depth of DE's too.

That's just the way i feel. But nevertheless, i always like reading your thoughts on things Sam.

MHSalute
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Miami has this guy Marshall at WR and a guy who can play a little LT in Long.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM

That dude treats footballs like HIVs, its almost like he goes out of his way not to catch them, and when he does it seems like a huge mistake.

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Manning left Arizona after a 6 1/2 hour visit

All signs point to Denver imo,see you Tuesday Peyton :salute:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/manning-leaves-cardinals-facility-after-6-12-hour-visit/

broncofanatik
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
This is gonna come back to bite us. We need more than just Manning. The only way this might work is if he gets Clark and Wayne to come with him for the cheap.

JakeNbake
03-11-2012, 04:24 PM
This is gonna come back to bite us. We need more than just Manning. The only way this might work is if he gets Clark and Wayne to come with him for the cheap.

We have 50 Million dollars in cap space. We have an owner who isn't afraid to pay for a championship.

We'll be just fine.

MorenoFan27
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM

WR's: Hands down we have the bigger and better WR's. The Dolphins best receiver is probably Bess, inwhich i think Royal is way better at (especially with Manning at QB - Not a knock on Tebow).

That's just the way i feel. But nevertheless, i always like reading your thoughts on things Sam.

Uhhhmmm so about this guy named Brandon Marshall...

AirMax
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM

RB: The Dolphins do have Reggie Bush and Rookie Daniel Thomas. We have Mcgahee, Moreno, Ball, Johnson and have yet to see Fannin. and if we can land David Wilson, Doug Martin or Turbin......WOW.

TE's: Again, with Manning at helm i can see Thomas and Green developing faster, with Fells or Rosario as steady targets for him.

OL: who better to protect Peytons back than Clady, and i believe that the rest will have vast improvement this upcoming season. And who knows, if we do get him, i think the focus on the draft will change, targeting quality OL.

As for Defense: Bailey, Goodman, Harris and the return of Vaughn, Thompson, i'd take our CB's over the Dolphins any day. Although i do like Vontae Davis. I'd also take our S/FS's over theirs.

LB's / DL: I really like what we have, and think we definitely have the advantage with the exception of DT's. I have high hopes for Jeremy Beal, and want to see him get on the field and show what he has. I like our depth of DE's too.

this is seriously worthy of worst post of the year. dolphins have more talent every where

jaytea11
03-11-2012, 04:56 PM

I gotta be real man.... I love my Broncos and while I do agree with parts of your statement I still must tell you that it is insanely HOMERIFIC...:D

Safety
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Titans are now in the mix.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278799a/article/titans-worth-watching-in-peyton-manning-sweepstakes?module=HP11_headline_stack

I don't see AZ being able to afford him, they'd have to cut major key players and that would defeat the purpose of signing manning, and they couldn't afford Wayne or Clark. Pretty sure AZ is out of the mix.

That leaves Denver (us), Miami, and Tennessee and Houston.

I'm worried about Tennessee and Houston. I don't think Manning wants any part of the three ring circus in Miami, otherwise a visit would have already been scheduled and done, and there's no plan to visit them yet.

Houston, realistically is the best overall choice for him to go to. They are stacked on all sides of the ball, good Oline, solid defense, dome team, warm weather city, lots of money, great WR in Johnson, plus adding Wayne or Clark....yikes...that could be a scary team for sure and Houston is DESPERATE to get to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl.

Likewise with Tennessee....hope we end up being the winner's of this sweepstakes.

Safety
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
hahaha, looks like old AJ Smith is still a little bitter about 2004. He took a big dig on Archie, Eli and Peyton all in one sentence...lulz!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82786dd4/article/chargers-gm-believes-archie-pulls-the-manning-strings?module=HP11_content_stream

ChampPik4Six
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Im suprised there isnt more support over Manning. The neck to me is all b/s and I believe Peyton will return to normal Peyton form. That being said how long does he have left. I say 3-4 years. Getting manning isnt like mortgaging the future but it WILL mean that Denver will be contenders every year for the next 3-4 years. By that time, Manning will retire, Champ will retire, Doom will be old, DJ will be gone by then, Dawk will be gone if he isnt already, McGahee will be gone and retired and so forth and so on.

So by getting him we will be getting players like Wayne or Clark or Saturday with him and they will all retire as well in 3-4 years. So it will be just a huge 3-4 year championship push then once Manning retires after his few years, it will open the floodgates for the whole team to fall apart. Yes we will have yound players through the draft but we will be drafting in the high 20s the next few years so it wont be people you build your team around it will just be good talent.

My question is are you willing to basically have a expiration date on our team a few years down the line to hopefully get another superbowl in the next couple seasons? I say heck yes you do. The goal is to win the superbowl and Manning by far gives us that oportunity. Do you guys really see Tebow as a superbowl winning QB? I really dont. Do I see peyton? yea ive seen it already.

I just cant believe more people arnt estatic about getting him. We have a good chance to get PEYTON MANNING! Peyton Manning!. Cmon the man is a superbowl winning HOF QB that will bring more talent to Denver that wouldnt come if we have Tebow.Ill worry about the retirement of all of the players in a few years, but we have the chance to win NOW. You dont say "well, in four years we will be worse off....." When right now, we have the chance to be a instant superbowl contender.

Heres why I think he will come. Denver is a better team then Arizona. Period. That will sell him because he only has a few years left. We have a stellar D and we can continue to add to it in the draft if we know Peyton will come and bring other FAs to save the offense. So couple a Peyton Manning led offense with a Defense that is way bvetter then Arizonas and will be the focal point of improvement in the draft and you have a superbowl contender. It would also mean breakouts for players like Decker and DT.

Peyton has never really players with a D like Denvers. Even when they won the superbowl, the weakness of the team was their defense and they had to rely on outscoring the opponent to win. I wanna know what a Peyton led offense can do with a defense with furture hall of famers on it led by defenseive minded JDR and Fox. Instead of outscoring opponents, he will only have to score more then 20 a game to win. This is not saying the colts defenses are bad, im just saying they never had defensive minded coaches and the talent the we have now.

Thoughts?

LightningRodBob
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Just heard from my peoples. Broncos now 95% confident he'll sign with Denver. Their number, not mine.

Great news. Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

LightningRodBob
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM
RT @MileHighMonday: Why so confident... what changed?----Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT

shawinkerpoppin
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
RT @MileHighMonday: Why so confident... what changed?----Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT

dont play with me.

jaytea11
03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Titans are now in the mix.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278799a/article/titans-worth-watching-in-peyton-manning-sweepstakes?module=HP11_headline_stack

I don't see AZ being able to afford him, they'd have to cut major key players and that would defeat the purpose of signing manning, and they couldn't afford Wayne or Clark. Pretty sure AZ is out of the mix.

That leaves Denver (us), Miami, and Tennessee and Houston.

I'm worried about Tennessee and Houston. I don't think Manning wants any part of the three ring circus in Miami, otherwise a visit would have already been scheduled and done, and there's no plan to visit them yet.

Houston, realistically is the best overall choice for him to go to. They are stacked on all sides of the ball, good Oline, solid defense, dome team, warm weather city, lots of money, great WR in Johnson, plus adding Wayne or Clark....yikes...that could be a scary team for sure and Houston is DESPERATE to get to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl.

Likewise with Tennessee....hope we end up being the winner's of this sweepstakes.

Tennessee is way farther away from being ready than the Texans, but Houston would be scary good with PM. Losing Mario is going to hurt though.

xHollyhood
03-11-2012, 08:56 PM

WOW... Cant believe this is about to really go down...
Its about damn time

ChampPik4Six
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
please oh please. I really hope that I wake up tomorrow of my usual college kid time of 3pm and read that we signed him.

MHSalute
03-11-2012, 09:25 PM
WOW... Cant believe this is about to really go down...
Its about damn time

Colt, Bronco...one horse is as good as another.

tacmale
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
The one thing that would make me very happy about this is if he can get a SB ring for Champ and Dawkins. I am not sure Dawk has much left in him but I am sure Champ does.

I just don't see us winning the SB in Peyton's first year here we have too many holes to fill on this team.

Lets not forget how our D was manhandled by the Lions, Packers, and Patriots(twice). Not to mention our Oline.

We will see, whatever the FO decides I will support them, I just hope it doesn't blow up in their face.

Apoc13
03-11-2012, 09:40 PM

That has since been disputed...but usually where there is smoke...

JakeNbake
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
That has since been disputed...but usually where there is smoke...

"disputed" Just like Cutler being traded... AMIRITE?

ZeusOnEarth
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
"Per the master, Vic Lombardi:

Just heard from my peoples (sic). Broncos now 95% confident he'll sign with Denver. Their number, not mine...Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT

The Broncos wouldn't use this kind of language (would they?) knowing Lombardi is about to send this news out to the world.

The other 5%? Let's call it the margin of error. This is all but done, Bronco Country--according to someone.

UPDATE: Lindsay Jones and Michelle Beisner are throwing some lukewarm water on Vic's story. Not sure what to make of the situation, but Lombardi has been all over this story from the beginning. Someone inside Dove Valley believes the Broncos got them a HOF QB not named Elway. The cook perhaps?

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/broncos-95-confident-manning-will-be-a-bronco

"11:07 PM As Mike Florio reports, the Cardinals have serious work to do to create cap space if they want to sign Manning: The Cardinals are $16.4 million over the cap, as adjusted to reflect $2 million in 2011 carryover and $1.333 million in downward adjustments. Amazingly, the Cardinals could have carried over $7.04 million. They opted only to carry over $2 million.

Not sure why the Cards didn't carry over the full amount. Did they not think this all the way until the end?"

"Klis reports that contracts were never discussed on either of Manning's visits to Denver and Arizona; Bowlen met with Manning for 20-30 minutes and Bowlen said he wants Super Bowls, not division titles; Brandon Stokley and John Lynch met with Manning while in Denver; Arizon was "red carpet" while Denver was "low key;" finally, Klis believes this could drag on until Tuesday if the Titans and/or 49ers were to make a run at Manning. "

"Vic Lombardi (CBS4) says that sources in Dove Valley believe they have an 80% chance of signing Manning; further, these same sources believe the only two teams on Manning's radar are Denver and Arizona. Vic tweeted several minutes later his personal assessment: I say 50-50 coming to Denver."

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/manning-rumors-3-11-12

AllEyezOnZach27
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
The one thing that would make me very happy about this is if he can get a SB ring for Champ and Dawkins. I am not sure Dawk has much left in him but I am sure Champ does.

I just don't see us winning the SB in Peyton's first year here we have too many holes to fill on this team.

Lets not forget how our D was manhandled by the Lions, Packers, and Patriots(twice). Not to mention our Oline.

We will see, whatever the FO decides I will support them, I just hope it doesn't blow up in their face.

I dont want to dog on Tebow but its really hard to play defense when your QB goes 3 and out all game long. Plus Tebow isnt exactly know for putting a ton of points on the board. Plus Manning has a super quick release and rarely holds onto the ball for very long. He sees an open guy and fires it in there. Tebow does so much running around its hard for the OL to block their man for 5+ seconds.

When you have a QB like Manning it makes the defense that much better. If Manning can get up 14 points, guys like Elvis & Von can just pin their ears back and kill the QB. When you arent winded and know the other team has to pass the ball to get back in the game, it makes the defenses job 100x easier!

Apoc13
03-11-2012, 09:56 PM

It's as if news got out that shouldn't have and now people are running around doing damage control...we'll see....they're saying manning won't be deciding until wednesday now

InElwayWeTrust
03-11-2012, 09:57 PM

IHOPEURRITE!!!

:laugh:

Broncoboy6
03-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Uhhhmmm so about this guy named Brandon Marshall...

My apologies, i really don't know how he slipped my mind. But i was under pressure to catch a movie (John Carter of Earth).

That dude treats footballs like HIVs, its almost like he goes out of his way not to catch them, and when he does it seems like a huge mistake.
Well, he did drop a lot of passes this past year, but he did put on a performance in the Pro Bowl :thumb:

this is seriously worthy of worst post of the year. dolphins have more talent every where
But we had a lot of player in the Pro Bowl, didn't we?. Just my opinion.

I gotta be real man.... I love my Broncos and while I do agree with parts of your statement I still must tell you that it is insanely HOMERIFIC...:D
I think the majority of my posts is of 99% optimism, inwhich some may interpret it as Homerism.

kishzilla
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Plus Manning has a super quick release and rarely holds onto the ball for very long. He sees an open guy and fires it in there. Tebow does so much running around its hard for the OL to block their man for 5+ seconds.

Did you not see the last Patriots playoff game? Our O-line couldn't handle the Blitz all year. Fortunately, people didn't do it often because they played the containment game on Tebow. That's why it looked like he had an eternity to throw the ball, and why he had a hard time seeing anything develop over the middle because it was clogged with LBs etc. waiting for him to take off.

Our O-line needs serious improvement in pass protection from Walton, Franklin, and the TEs. Even Manning isn't going to be quick enough on his release to survive a DT obliterating our Center up the gut immediately after the snap.

johnlimburg
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Kish but even with Orton he had great protection apart from that first game. I think our O Line is a big reason we lead the race for Manning. And I think we may see a change if Manning is starting. I think we may see an all out competition for LG between Orlando Franklin and Zane Beadles and have Ryan Harris if he is healthy starting at Right Tackle.

PAINTERDAVE
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
please oh please. I really hope that I wake up tomorrow of my usual college kid time of 3pm and read that we signed him.

Yeah, who needs a physical when you have an old reputation?

kishzilla
03-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Kish but even with Orton he had great protection apart from that first game. I think our O Line is a big reason we lead the race for Manning. And I think we may see a change if Manning is starting. I think we may see an all out competition for LG between Orlando Franklin and Zane Beadles and have Ryan Harris if he is healthy starting at Right Tackle.

I'm not saying they wont improve or that I don't expect them to, but they definitely need to. Franklin's footwork, imo, is very sub par, so I hope that frickin Green Mile lookin mutha starts taking some dancing lessons or something :laugh:

And I think Walton is undersized for the position.

All in all they were a very young group, and I think becoming a cohesive unit is extremely important for an offensive line. So I want to keep the same guys and let them grow together.

But if they don't improve over last year, and Manning is our guy under center, I fear for the dudes safety. It only takes a couple missed assignments to get him blasted and taken out of the game so they really need to step their game up.

I think they can do it. I hope they don't prove me wrong.

kishzilla
03-11-2012, 10:33 PM

Any singing would be contingent upon a passed physical. Don't get yer panties in a wad ;)

johnlimburg
03-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm not saying they wont improve or that I don't expect them to, but they definitely need to. Franklin's footwork, imo, is very sub par, so I hope that frickin Green Mile lookin mutha starts taking some dancing lessons or something :laugh:

And I think Walton is undersized for the position.

All in all they were a very young group, and I think becoming a cohesive unit is extremely important for an offensive line. So I want to keep the same guys and let them grow together.

But if they don't improve over last year, and Manning is our guy under center, I fear for the dudes safety. It only takes a couple missed assignments to get him blasted and taken out of the game so they really need to step their game up.

I think they can do it. I hope they don't prove me wrong.

I have no worries about Waltons size however I have worries about his ability to play and dropping in pass protection 30-35 times per game.

I agree they need to stay together and continue to grow as a unit. However with getting Manning my biggest question mark outside of the injury itself it is Orlando Franklin.

Dave. You don't like the idea. You see people who support it as hating on Tebow. I think it will be us and it is seeming like the wider population also beleive it will be us who will be lucky enough to get Manning. And it is not like we are talking about replacing Jay Cutler or a franchise quarterback here.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
And it is not like we are talking about replacing Jay Cutler or a franchise quarterback here.

Nah, might be like replacing a young John Elway after less than 16 starts in the NFL :)

BroncoFanNC
03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Didn't Orton average 2 sacks per game behind the same OL?

johnlimburg
03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Nah, might be like replacing a young John Elway after less than 16 starts in the NFL :)

:laugh:

Didn't Orton average 2 sacks per game behind the same OL?

The quarterback has a ton to do with sacks. Orton was awful to start the year but his O line outside of that first game played really well.

And he was only sacked 4 times in 3.5 games after that first game. And in that first game he was sacked 5 times. And that really affects the average. As I said that game the line was terrible.

ChampPik4Six
03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
why are you concerned about walton? You realize if Manning comes the 3 things he can bring with him are Reggie Wayne WR, Jeff Saturday C, and Dallas Clark TE. What do the Broncos lack on offense? I would say a TE and C. Its like putting the piences to the puzzle together.

We need a Center and a TE, good thing that Peyton can bring saturday and clark here for small contracts. And if he does this, we really dont have many holes on offense because we can pick up another linemen in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd. DT, Decker and Clark can hold down the recieving while Mcgahee,Ball and Moreno can run it with peyton at QB. We will have Saturday, Beadles, Franklin, CLady and Harris on the line which I think is solid. Our offense will be fine and we can use the draft to do nothing but fill holes on defense at DT, CB and S. Which means:

ROund 1-Still/Brockers Round 2-Minnifield/Iloka Round 3-CB/S whatever we dont get in the second.

If we do this, I dont think I see TOO many holes on the team.

johnlimburg
03-11-2012, 11:38 PM
why are you concerned about walton? You realize if Manning comes the 3 things he can bring with him are Reggie Wayne WR, Jeff Saturday C, and Dallas Clark TE. What do the Broncos lack on offense? I would say a TE and C. Its like putting the piences to the puzzle together.

We need a Center and a TE, good thing that Peyton can bring saturday and clark here for small contracts.

Small contracts ? I doubt that. Both are looking at final paydays. They are going to want money and I think we are fine without them. At tight end I think who ever starts will be a big time player if Manning is the quarterback. I think Rosario could be that guy if he is retained.

We need a young team to build for the future still. Even with Manning. I am fine with adding two older players in Manning and Wayne but not the whole offense.

ChampPik4Six
03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Small contracts ? I doubt that. Both are looking at final paydays. They are going to want money and I think we are fine without them. At tight end I think who ever starts will be a big time player if Manning is the quarterback. I think Rosario could be that guy if he is retained.

We need a young team to build for the future still. Even with Manning. I am fine with adding two older players in Manning and Wayne but not the whole offense.

You really thin that 34 year old Jeff Saturday will demand money. He has already stated he will go whereever Peyton goes and he wants to remain with him. Well, to do that you will have to take what you can get. At his age you cant demand money and play with peyton too. think it will be one or the other. Also, hes a perennial pro bowl center. Does he REALLY need to be complaining about a few extra dollars when he has been raking in millions for well over a decade. Or does he wanna stick with his lover boy QB and take less with also having a chance to win another ship.

Maybe not clark, but I really think Wayne will be in MIA where he grew up. We dont need him. I think Peyton could be just fine with DT, Decker and Royal. DT being his Harrison, Eddie being his Stokley/Collie and Decker being his Wayne.

kishzilla
03-11-2012, 11:57 PM
And he was only sacked 4 times in 3.5 games after that first game. And in that first game he was sacked 5 times. And that really affects the average. As I said that game the line was terrible.

It's the inconsistency they need to work on, and picking up the blitz.

Things like this can't happen with Manning under center:

oL71y1r9fw8

or this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8239ce81/Tebow-s-fumble-leads-to-Lions-TD

Even Clady had a number of those as you saw in the second vid. Just about the only guy that I never caught completely blowing their assignment all year was Kuper. They need to vastly improve if they're going to play in front of Manning, since he's used to playing games where they don't record a sack at all, and he'll go all year with maybe 15 sacks or so. Some of that has to do with Manning, and his ability to read the D, call out assignments for the O-line, and getting the ball off quickly, but the guys need to get better too.

johnlimburg
03-11-2012, 11:57 PM
You really thin that 34 year old Jeff Saturday will demand money. He has already stated he will go whereever Peyton goes and he wants to remain with him. Well, to do that you will have to take what you can get. At his age you cant demand money and play with peyton too. think it will be one or the other. Also, hes a perennial pro bowl center. Does he REALLY need to be complaining about a few extra dollars when he has been raking in millions for well over a decade. Or does he wanna stick with his lover boy QB and take less with also having a chance to win another ship.

Maybe not clark, but I really think Wayne will be in MIA where he grew up. We dont need him. I think Peyton could be just fine with DT, Decker and Royal. DT being his Harrison, Eddie being his Stokley/Collie and Decker being his Wayne.

Good post and you bring up good points. If Saturday comes here for cheap then bring him. But not for anything big.

I also think Manning would be fine with our wide outs. Royal could become an impact player again. However I think he will want another threat outside.

ChampPik4Six
03-12-2012, 12:05 AM
agreed, lets get Stephen Hill then we can have 2 clone recievers that only know one route. straight and fast. Do you really think that if we just sent DT and Stephen Hill on go routes every play that one of them wont burn one of the CBs once in 3 chances. We dont need to run or throw short routes. DT and Hill.straight.fast. peyton throw.completion.touchdown.everytime.

This is what I do playing Madden 12. With Cutler and Desean Jackson and Jacoby Ford. WHy cant it transition to real life.

im juuuuuussssst kidding.

or am i.

demosthenes9
03-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Good post and you bring up good points. If Saturday comes here for cheap then bring him. But not for anything big.

I also think Manning would be fine with our wide outs. Royal could become an impact player again. However I think he will want another threat outside.

If we're trying to win a SB immediately, then we really should bring in some receivers that Peyton already has great chemistry with, i.e. Wayne and Clark at minimum.

kishzilla
03-12-2012, 12:10 AM
agreed, lets get Stephen Hill then we can have 2 clone recievers that only know one route. straight and fast. Do you really think that if we just sent DT and Stephen Hill on go routes every play that one of them wont burn one of the CBs once in 3 chances. We dont need to run or throw short routes. DT and Hill.straight.fast. peyton throw.completion.touchdown.everytime.

or am i.

Manning isn't one to throw it deep a whole lot. He supplants the running game for a short passing attack, and keeps it short and quick. Hopefully he continues to play like that, because it's what's going to keep him healthy, and upright. We might run it more than he's normally used to, but not nearly as much as we did last year. I've just seen him check out of running plays so many times over the years, I know we're not going to be a top 5 running attack if he's here.

ChampPik4Six
03-12-2012, 12:14 AM
yes, I agree that Peyton can turn me into a good TE considering Im 6'4" 240. If a Jacob Tamme can do it, you better believe I can.

Wayne will help a lot so when we get into 3rd downs he will be familiar with somebody. Id love to have Wayne, DT and Decker in the slot. The problem is....we would have -34 speed on our offense outside of DT. Wayne is old and not too fast, decker is...white, eventhough he plays like a halfrican and Willis/Moreno/Ball/Rosario/Fells arnt exactly gonna give anybody whiplash. We draft Zac Brown and we will have the fastest Defense in the NFL and the worlds slowest Offense. It could confuse oponents I guess.

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I

Dave. You don't like the idea. You see people who support it as hating on Tebow. I think it will be us and it is seeming like the wider population also beleive it will be us who will be lucky enough to get Manning. And it is not like we are talking about replacing Jay Cutler or a franchise quarterback here.

Not quite.

I dont think every poster on this board who supports the Manning idea hates on 15.

I mostly think those that exhibit the incredible disrespect and anger towords 15..
those who dismiss him out of hand.. those who actually seem to hate on him.
I think those are the ones who hate 15.

Me? I remember bringing in Tony Dorsett.. and the waste that was.
I remember Craig Morton.. throwing multitple interceptions in our first SB.
I remember a LOT of has beens and washed out players coming here to play...
taking our money and breaking our hearts.

Forgive me for having a memory, and not being all starry eyed.

In just the past few years...
we have seen a revolving door in this town.

Shanahan, Cutler, Sheffler, Marshal, Orton, McD, 12 DC's over the last 12 years.....

I was actually looking forward to a team being built from the draft....
a solid team that would be OUR team. Consistancy.

Instead... it looks like we are going for the quick FA fix again..
from Patriots West to Colts West..
to CRAP OF THE DIVISION again in a year or two...
or quicker if Grandpa Manning breaks his glass neck.

Yeah..
forgive me for having a memory.

johnlimburg
03-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Not quite.

I dont think every poster on this board who supports the Manning idea hates on 15.

I mostly think those that exhibit the incredible disrespect and anger towords 15..

Shanahan, Cutler, Sheffler, Marshal, Orton, McD, 12 DC's over the last 12 years.....

Yeah..

You can have your memory of the past and have your own opinon on the topic. Everyone has one and it is fine. I just think you over react to a lot of comments and read them the wrong way. I think you take things the wrong way.

And it would still be our team. We are not losing draft picks. We will still have cap room. We will still be able to keep building and in the mean time be able to attract more talent to the team due to Manning being here.

yes, I agree that Peyton can turn me into a good TE considering Im 6'4" 240. If a Jacob Tamme can do it, you better believe I can.

Wayne will help a lot so when we get into 3rd downs he will be familiar with somebody. Id love to have Wayne, DT and Decker in the slot. The problem is....we would have -34 speed on our offense outside of DT. Wayne is old and not too fast, decker is...white, eventhough he plays like a halfrican and Willis/Moreno/Ball/Rosario/Fells arnt exactly gonna give anybody whiplash. We draft Zac Brown and we will have the fastest Defense in the NFL and the worlds slowest Offense. It could confuse oponents I guess.

I don't think speed has much to do with it. I think if we can just get guys who can play at wideout we will be good. I think Wayne is a great number 2 reciever still. Would I prefer to sign Pierre Garcon who is also a free agent ? Yes. However he will command more money due to age and potential.

I think with DT and his ability to be the number 1 in the future is looking promising. He has speed. I think if Eddie Royal re-signs we can have a very nice option and I think he could get back to his 2008 play. I even think his 2010 form would be great. Early on in 2010 he was good. I think Decker is best working around the middle of the field. I think if we can get a number 2 Reggie Wayne would be a decent option depending on the money.

I think our Tightends would be just fine. Rosario when he got targets made some catches last year. The year before he had 30+ catches with Himmy Clausen playing a good amount so I would assume he got some catches from a pretty bad quarterback. He is an athletic guy who can be split out. He was used that way this last season. I think he could turn into a quiet superstar with Peyton Manning at quarterback.

Manning isn't one to throw it deep a whole lot. He supplants the running game for a short passing attack, and keeps it short and quick. Hopefully he continues to play like that, because it's what's going to keep him healthy, and upright. We might run it more than he's normally used to, but not nearly as much as we did last year. I've just seen him check out of running plays so many times over the years, I know we're not going to be a top 5 running attack if he's here.

I agree. His ability to get the ball out quick will keep him upright and healthy. THis will also make our O line look much better than it is. Like Peyton done in years past with Indy.

If we're trying to win a SB immediately, then we really should bring in some receivers that Peyton already has great chemistry with, i.e. Wayne and Clark at minimum.

I don't think at a minimum. I think Eddie can return to form and if he can play like he did in 2008 and even early 2010 then we could be alright. But I would not mind adding another reciever. Maybe Reggie Wayne depending on the money. I also think our tight ends will be just fine. Peyton turned Tamme into a starting calibar tight end after Clarks injury a few years ago. I think he can do that for our guys.

This is what I do playing Madden 12. With Cutler and Desean Jackson and Jacoby Ford. WHy cant it transition to real life.

or am i.

I don't want Stephen Hill in the first round. That is where we would have to get him. I would take him in the late second but that is it. I think if we add a rookie we need a more polished route runner to play opposite of DT. I still think Eddie is the best route runners we have. I think he can get back to form if Manning is at quarterback.

It's the inconsistency they need to work on, and picking up the blitz.

Things like this can't happen with Manning under center:

oL71y1r9fw8

That play is Russ Hochstein and Chris Clark. They are the backups and had not played together at RG and RT all year. I get what you are saying and you are right. If that happens with Manning he is on his back.

or this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8239ce81/Tebow-s-fumble-leads-to-Lions-TD

Even Clady had a number of those as you saw in the second vid. Just about the only guy that I never caught completely blowing their assignment all year was Kuper. They need to vastly improve if they're going to play in front of Manning, since he's used to playing games where they don't record a sack at all, and he'll go all year with maybe 15 sacks or so. Some of that has to do with Manning, and his ability to read the D, call out assignments for the O-line, and getting the ball off quickly, but the guys need to get better too.

Yes they do.

kishzilla
03-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Not quite.

Yeah..

Man, glass is definitely not half full in this post. Someone took the glass, threw it on the floor, and spit on it I guess :laugh:

Come on man, this is not what you're making it out to be. You don't know that Tebow is even going to be gone, or that they're giving up on him. Is it not possible, that after what Elway has said, and after the play of Tebow, both for the good and for the bad, that they feel like he's not quite ready, and that Manning would buy us the time to get him properly prepared? You know, set him up for success?

Tebow spent 4 years getting zero attention to his game that would make him pro-ready. This might just be the chance he never got in High School, or college, to really get the "schooling" he needs to be what we all want him to be.

Manning can step in and immediately make this team better. That can't be argued, unless he's not fit to play, at which point we wouldn't be signing him in the first place. He gives us the opportunity to be good, and maybe even make a play for a Super Bowl, while also building from within. Just because Manning is here, doesn't mean we're all of the sudden going to just forget about drafting talent.

I understand your hesitancy in regards to bringing in a 35 year old QB. But this isn't Dorsett or Morton we're talking about. This is probably one of the top 2 or 3 QB's to ever play football ever. If you don't think he can be a worthwhile stop-gap between now and when he retires in 3 or 4 years, and we have a proficient player to take his place, then you're just being emotionally stubborn in your attachment to Tebow. Not sure what else to say.

I've defended Tebow for quite some time now. I've defended him often times when he probably didn't deserve it. I wanted him to start training camp, and see his improvement as the starter for the 2012 season. But I know, that he's probably still going to be pretty rough around the edges. I know he's still going to need time. I was willing to be patient and watch it unfold, and hoped that everyone else would be too.

But that was before I knew we could acquire talent on the level of Manning.

You talk about his "glass neck".

I don't think you're fully aware of what his condition was and it's nature.

He's not in danger of a broken bone in his neck or something. He was suffering from degenerative issues from bone spurs and pressure on his nerves. The surgeries that he got, were done to relieve the pressure on those nerves. He's no more susceptible to an impact than Tebow is as far as his neck is concerned. It was something that would cause pain and numbness at times in his arms and neck. He got surgery to relieve it.

By all accounts, the last surgery that was performed has an extremely high success rate to remedy that issue, and the reason he didn't get that particular one the last few times is because it's so invasive (they actually go through the front part of your neck) and the recovery time is so long, he opted not to do it because he didn't want to miss playing time. In other words, the issue that was causing him pain in his neck, he was playing through for quite a while.

Now that's not going to be an issue anymore.

This is a good thing for the team Dave, and if you choose not to see it for what it is, that's your prerogative. Just know that I understand where you're coming from, and share some of your sentiments, but after really immersing myself in what this whole thing would mean to this team, and even if it means Tebow has to sit for a couple more years, I've realized it's a net gain for the Denver Broncos

That's the most important thing here.

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I will support him if it happens...

but it aint happened yet.

So many think PM will be great for another 4 years..

Color me skeptical.

This quick fix crap seldom works out..

Montana in KC.. Favre in NY and Min....

I dislike the idea. That's it.

Only time will tell how it ends up.

I HOPE I am wrong.

johnlimburg
03-12-2012, 01:41 AM
I think it will improve the team and make us a better team. That is what teams are constantly trying to do. If we do it I think it is the right move. Peyton will be a good signing and hopefully he comes here. He makes us a better team. And if he gets injured. Then that is football. But if he does every one will say EFX you suck. I will not and it would be wrong to do so.

vLordChronicv
03-12-2012, 01:46 AM
im with you painterdave, manning is way 2 injury prone at this state to not have a great backup like tim that could save the season. yet again.

ChampPik4Six
03-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Has anybody thought that Elway wants this so bad because it gives him an out with Tebow? It keeps fans happy and it would avoid the media circus if we cut/traded him or drafted another QB. Its like the perfect out for Elway. Then when Manning retires we can focus on drafting another franchise guy picked by EFX in the draft. We could trade Tim to Jax/CLE/Seattle for a early second rounder.

Who could possibly be mad if Elways walked up to you and said.."Hey guys...I traded Tim. BUT............ I got Peyton Manning and a pretty good draft pick for him."

Thats like your dad telling you he sold that Scion TC you have been trying to make cool by putting rims on it and tints. But instead he got you a 67 Vette with original engine wear AND the seller threw in tickets to an Eagles concert.

Cmon guys keep it real. I dont care if that Corvette had 130k miles on it and bald tires and had to replace a few parts here and there to keep it working properly. I would drive the hell out of it for a few years and save up money for a real car when it breaks down over taking the car that is modified to look better than it is when under the hood.....its still a Scion. Yea its new and it will last longer....but its a Scion. At highschool, you think the Scion will get the girls and the job done because its newer and you modified it with bells and whistles to keep it good looking, but you have no idea how much talent a 67 Vette could pull in because you didnt buy the Vette when it was new, you bought the Scion so you think its better then what it is. Then when you get a little older and out of high school and a few years pass, you realize that trying to make the Scion look good by making its something its not wasnt that cool. It was cool and got attention when you were 18, but not when your 25 it just doesnt do the job and you miss the chance to tell your buddies you meet after college that you had a 67 Vette for a couple years in high school and you were the MAN. It was only for a short while, but when you had it, you were the man. You remember driving in your dads old Mustang 5.0 when your were little and how good it felt to get all of the attention and "win" so your trying everything you can to get that feeling back because the Toyota Tundra, Hyundai Tiburon, Honda Civic and the Scion TC havent gotten you that far since.

Moral of the story, Tebow is the new Scion. In a few years his style of play will be figured out to a T and it will render him less effective. He still may able to get the job done, but he wont ever win a superbowl. Get us to the playoffs? Yes. WIn some playoff games? Yep. Superbowls? Ehhhh Cant say he will. No starting QB wins the superbowl throwing 40 whatever percent completions and I dont see Tebow fixing his problems that much that he becomes a 65% or better completion rating. No team has ever won a superbowl when their QB is forced/designed to run the ball 35% of the time he drops back to pass. Vick is the best EVER at doing it and what has he done in his career? Not to mention Vicks arm is better then Tims. As for the Vette and Peyton with the replacement parts (Dallas, Wayne, Saturday). Yea hes old and yea he doesnt have a lot of time left before he breaks down officially. But he can get us to the promiseland NOW. ANd when your in highschool, thats all that matters hahaha.

Hope my car analogy worked lol and in no way does this reflect my life hahaha. I just started typing a story. Also, I AM NOT a tebow hater. If we dont get peyton I am still happy with Tebow. But the oportunity to get a 67 Vette to drive for a few years doesnt come around often if ya know what I mean.

jetrazor74
03-12-2012, 01:47 AM
I will support him if it happens...

but it aint happened yet.

So many think PM will be great for another 4 years..

Color me skeptical.

This quick fix crap seldom works out..

Montana in KC.. Favre in NY and Min....

I dislike the idea. That's it.

Only time will tell how it ends up.

I HOPE I am wrong.

Montana in KC didn't work? They won the division in 93, and only really came up short because of Montana being injury prone. I think the fact that Manning has the 2nd longest start streak point to his LACK of being injury prone.

And Favre in Minnesota? One game shy of the Super Bowl... a Super Bowl they probably would have won that year.

Bad examples of aging QBs moving to a new team and having no success, Dave.

jetrazor74
03-12-2012, 01:48 AM
im with you painterdave, manning is way 2 injury prone at this state to not have a great backup like tim that could save the season. yet again.

Once again, where is this "injury prone" stuff coming from? Before last year, how many consecutive starts did he have?

Yeah, that's not because he was "injury prone."

And if you're referring to his neck, please read Kish's post above.

vLordChronicv
03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
its his 3rd neck injury.....

this hasnt been a one time thing

Alastor
03-12-2012, 02:08 AM
That old, broken Craig Morton took a Denver Bronco team that had, in 16 years of football, had all of three winning seasons to it's first Super Bowl.

We wouldn't go back until 1986, and we didn't win one until 1998, 38 years after the Broncos were founded, and 21 years after "Too old to win" Morton's arrival in Denver and subsequent Super Bowl appearance.

LarryDean
03-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I know Manning said something early on about it ... But I'm wondering now if the difference maker is guaranteed money ...Has there been any reports on that ?

kishzilla
03-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I know Manning said something early on about it ... But I'm wondering now if the difference maker is guaranteed money ...Has there been any reports on that ?

As far as I know, Manning has explicitly told the people he's meeting with that he doesn't want to talk money yet, and didn't at the meetings with the Broncos or the Cards. That tells me his first concern isn't $. And even if it is, We're in really good shape as far as that's concerned anyway.

ChampPik4Six
03-12-2012, 02:26 AM
oh, no love for my excellent story ahahaha jk jk

kishzilla
03-12-2012, 02:35 AM
oh, no love for my excellent story ahahaha jk jk

Tebow strikes me as more like one of these:

http://www.grannybuttons.com/granny_buttons/WindowsLiveWriter/BoatCar.jpg

Sure, it can motor around on the water AND drive around on land, but we need him to do more driving on the road, and only go boat-style when we come up to a river that's flooded the road.

:D

ChampPik4Six
03-12-2012, 02:41 AM
I like it!! haha

flosstein
03-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Not quite.

Yeah..

I couldn't have said this better myself:salute:

I nominate u " PAINTERDAVE" as the leader of the rebellion against Manning!

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I dont want to lead or be a part of any rebellion.

The guy is NOT even a Bronco.

IF..

he becomes a Bronco I will support him.

I just wanted to go forward building through the draft for a change.
That was the promise we had from EFX....
a promise quickly broken...

and yes.
I think if we had gone forward and given Tim a chance..
he would have developed his passing game..
he would evolve.. and we would have had a great team for quite a while.

Apparantly that is not gonna be the case.

I will shift gears.. but I dont like it right now...
and I doubt I will like it much when Tim goes on to have great success somewhwere else...
though I will be happy for him.

The Broncos may very well rue the day they did this big change.

And if it falls through....
it sure seems like the FO has done some major damage to this "team" in the attempt.

flosstein
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont want to lead or be a part of any rebellion.

The guy is NOT even a Bronco.

IF..

he becomes a Bronco I will support him.

I just wanted to go forward building through the draft for a change.
That was the promise we had from EFX....
a promise quickly broken...

and yes.
I think if we had gone forward and given Tim a chance..
he would have developed his passing game..
he would evolve.. and we would have had a great team for quite a while.

Apparantly that is not gonna be the case.

I will shift gears.. but I dont like it right now...
and I doubt I will like it much when Tim goes on to have great success somewhwere else...
though I will be happy for him.

The Broncos may very well rue the day they did this big change.

And if it falls through....
it sure seems like the FO has done some major damage to this "team" in the attempt.

Joking about the "rebellion" but u have been making strong points as to why u don't want Manning, and I totally agree with them. And I as well will still rock my Orange and back Manning until its clearly time for him to go, lol!

I would love to see what this team could be through the draft as far as building a team to last for years and not a flash in the pan kinda thing. The great teams, even in the era of F/A, still always built through the draft and groomed their own QB's. They used F/A to sprinkle pieces here and there. That's what it looked like we were doing. But I guess not anymore.