PDA

View Full Version : Tebow days numbered?

killbox916
03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-broncos-sign-manning-tebow-could-gone-171902080.html

Not sure how credible their sources are, but I think Denver will be better with Manning at the helm, but will be burned down the road against Tebow.

What do yall think?

samparnell
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
This such a new idea, I'll need time to study and think it over before I get back to you.

BRINGBAKPLUMMER
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Big deal, you don't turn down Peyton friggin Manning because you are afraid of offending a guy who was one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I think our defense would knock Tebow's you know what in the dirt.

killbox916
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Another source
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/source-if-manning-picks-denver-tebow-is-gone/

broncofan1982
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
We better hope we win the Super Bowl with Manning, because if we make the playoffs with him just to lose, all we have done is set back our long term goal of being a contender every year.

BRINGBAKPLUMMER
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
We better hope we win the Super Bowl with Manning, because if we make the playoffs with him just to lose, all we have done is set back our long term goal of being a contender every year.

If a couple years of Peyton are what it takes to get rid of Tebow, it will be well worth it. And if we are able to pick up a young QB to groom behind peyton, we will be much better off for the long term as well.

#24 Next Champ
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Am I the only person with a common ground who views Tebow objectively

Jeez almost everyone around here either loves him beyond death or despises him like he's the anti

Rarelyoffended
03-11-2012, 02:49 PM
this is coming from a plummer fan.....smh.....

flosstein
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Jeez almost everyone around here either loves him beyond death or despises him like he's the anti

No. I'm often mistaken as a tebowner, but I'm not extreme on either front. Just extreme in my not wanting Manning.

ParkHill-71
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM

Nope....I mean, you aksed a question, so Im going to give my two cents about how I feel.

I dont really love him or really hate him. When he is wearing #15 on the field for my Broncos, I cheer him on. I dont disperage him, and when out an about if a non bronco fan talks ish about him, I defend him. You have to realize that his supporters are most times the driving force behind why some people are perceived as hating the guy!

That said, I will not let some of his fans try to disuade me from the negatives I see with my own eyes.

I didnt let them do that with Orton and I damn sure wont let them do that to me with Tebow.

So its a sad thing if Im not perceived as being objective because people dont have room for the negative about him. But I wont die from it.

shawinkerpoppin
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM

I don't think thats gonna be the case. The broncos should draft a QB to develop behind manning so they have there QB of the future. Plus with manning we should be able to win the division with more than 8 wins and be legit contenders which atreacts free agents. Peyton is gonna kick start the broncos return to true dominance and is the key to the broncos long term success not just the short term.

BroncoBreeder
No. I'm often mistaken as a tebowner, but I'm not extreme on either front. Just extreme in my not wanting Manning.

How about bringing in Flynn if the Manning deal falls apart?

xGIHavoc

Sure seems like there is only extremes. What is this, First Take? I'd like Manning, if and ONLY if we keep Tim on board so we'll have a backup plan if he gets re-injured. Since his days are numbered, I think it'd also be nice that Tim learns under him so when he is finished Tim can be ready to play in a pro-style offense. Two pretty unique guys.

MHSalute
03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
If a couple years of Peyton are what it takes to get rid of Tebow, it will be well worth it. And if we are able to pick up a young QB to groom behind peyton, we will be much better off for the long term as well.

Pretty much my thoughts, Do not feel Tebow will ever be more than a .500 QB, and I can not see him winning 3 games in a row against top teams...just the way I see it.

I do not expect much from Manning if anything, but I do think with him at QB, we can attract a better group of FAs and if we fail next year, be in a great position to draft a franchise player.

Having a QB that management does not believe in is a sure way to be stuck in mediocrity...time to make a move.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Sign me up.

ParkHill-71
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM
So funny you say that about Flynn. I thought about that about two hours ago. I thought I wonder if Elway is going to go after him if this falls apart with Manning.

I cant get passed they have to spend alot of that money, why not another QB since you have opened this up with the pursuit of Manning.

Mk2_Tebow
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Flynn to Miami because of Philbin and the exact offense he has played under for 4 years makes the most sense .

Aheroawakend
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM
If were lucky we get two years. What Elway needs to win a sb so bad now he will give up 5a years of dramatic wins awrsone games vs a semi broken down qb?

BroncoBreeder
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
That would suck if I get all my hopes up about getting rid of Tebow and bringing in a QB that can throw the rock, only to be left with Tebow stinking up the place next year.

xGIHavoc
03-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I really don't get the point of dropping him. We'll just have to draft another QB in the first round a few drafts later.

#24 Next Champ
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Youhave know how you fix that....you don't drop Tim...damn why is that so hard to understand

flosstein
03-11-2012, 03:18 PM

Here's where I stand. If EF don't want Tim, off-load him. Then the slate is clean. They can bring in whoever and I'm okay until they stink up the place. And I'm not talking a few bad games, but complete inability to win. That's why I blame EF for the "circus". Because if u pay Flynn tons of money, as a completely unproven QB, and he shows he's not ready for prime time. and u still have Tebow on the bench, it's gonna get really ugly. And they have to know that. They had to know it was gonna get ugly when the Miami trade fell through and they named KO the starter.

It's about being able to see the bush league garbage that EF are pulling on us. Some agree with it because they are blinded by the "team" garbage u see filling these threads. But I'm not swayed. They created the whole "circus" and apparently want it to continue.

Freyaka
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Youhave know how you fix that....you don't drop Tim...damn why is that so hard to understand

But if one of the stipulations of signing Manning is dropping Tebow you drop Tebow....

BroncoBreeder
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I really don't get the point of dropping him. We'll just have to draft another QB in the first round a few drafts later.

It's kind of like stepping on a piece of gum. There's only a small window of opportunity to scrap it off before it gets really sticky and embeds itself deep down into the chasms of what is known as the tread of your sole. Now, is such a time.

Aheroawakend
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Heh it seemsto like no matter what timmy does at any level he gets no respect.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Heh it seemsto like no matter what timmy does at any level he gets no respect.

This really isnt about Tebow, it's about the Broncos and potentially getting one of the best qbs of all time. It's just business.

garzjoe
03-11-2012, 03:27 PM
This really isnt about Tebow, it's about the Broncos and potentially getting one of the best qbs of all time. It's just business.

Bingo!

Thx,
Joe

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Having a QB that management does not believe in is a sure way to be stuck in mediocrity...time to make a move.

Yep, the "Raiders school of football management", carousel of QBs. Where has that gotten them ?

Aheroawakend
03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah but for what 2 years what happens first game of season manning gets hurt again needs surgery then retires. It isnt this cut and dry he is one of the best he was. We dunno what he lost and what will happen.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
So funny you say that about Flynn. I thought about that about two hours ago. I thought I wonder if Elway is going to go after him if this falls apart with Manning.

I cant get passed they have to spend alot of that money, why not another QB since you have opened this up with the pursuit of Manning.

If Elway did that, it would prove to me that he really is an idiot. They have Tebow with a fairly low $$ contract (as far as starters are concerned.) Give him the year as a stater and see how he progresses. If he does well, we have our future QB. If he blows it, then we have a high draft pick and can make a move for Barkley at the rookie max.

Save the money that would have been spent on Flynn and use it to fill other gaps on the team.

AllEyezOnZach27
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah but for what 2 years what happens first game of season manning gets hurt again needs surgery then retires. It isnt this cut and dry he is one of the best he was. We dunno what he lost and what will happen.

And say we dont get Manning and Tebow gets hurt in the first game of the season, what happens then? At least if we get Manning we will have PEYTON FREAKING MANNING as our QB!

Cant play the what if game! Manning>Tebow on any day of the week and twice on Sundays! :goz:

Remedy
03-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah but for what 2 years what happens first game of season manning gets hurt again needs surgery then retires.

This could be said about any player at any time during any game. people get hurt.. if peyton plays that means he was medically cleared to play. he is not going to play if hes going to be in a wheel chair at the end of things...

It isnt this cut and dry he is one of the best he was. We dunno what he lost and what will happen.

I am sure the front office will do their due diligence... Elway is a smart guy.

#24 Next Champ
03-11-2012, 03:39 PM
But if one of the stipulations of signing Manning is dropping Tebow you drop Tebow....

There's absolutely zero reason to ...again I don't see how it's hard to understand he's under contract n we own little baby Jesus

broncofan1982
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
The problem with any short term fix is that it usually hurts the long term. If we win a SB with manning then we won't mind if we struggle after he leaves in a couple years, but if we don't win an SB with manning and say we just lose in the playoffs which is quite possible, then we really wasted a few years at building a long term future.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 03:42 PM
There's absolutely zero reason to ...again I don't see how it's hard to understand he's under contract n we own little baby Jesus

well, it all depends if the front office is sold on him. the fact that we are chasing manning (who I hope we sign) it makes me think the front office is not sold on tebow. but again that is just my two cents.. no one really knows.

I might also add tebow would cast a rather large shadow in that locker room if manning joins the team.

flosstein
03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
If Elway did that, it would prove to me that he really is an idiot. They have Tebow with a fairly low $$ contract (as far as starters are concerned.) Give him the year as a stater and see how he progresses. If he does well, we have our future QB. If he blows it, then we have a high draft pick and can make a move for Barkley at the rookie max.

Save the money that would have been spent on Flynn and use it to fill other gaps on the team.

Only problem is they have created such an issue with Tebow that they have to dump him one way or another b4 the 2012 season. Whether u like Tebow, Manning, Flynn, any FA, or Rookie, or not , this is the bed that EF made for us to lie in.

Mk2_Tebow
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
It's kind of like stepping on a piece of gum. There's only a small window of opportunity to scrap it off before it gets really sticky and embeds itself deep down into the chasms of what is known as the tread of your sole. Now, is such a time.

So Tebow is gum on your shoe now....wow.....

BroncoBreeder
03-11-2012, 04:10 PM
So Tebow is gum on your shoe now....wow.....

LOL. It came to me as I was scraping some gum off my shoe, then lo and behold, I see Tebows face in the gum. A miracle!

I'm having it framed.

broncofanatik
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Watch Manning get injured in the first 5 games and his career is over. What then?

The guy is 1 hit away from being done. Why does no one bring this up?

broncofanatik
03-11-2012, 04:19 PM
This could be said about any player at any time during any game. people get hurt.. if peyton plays that means he was medically cleared to play. he is not going to play if hes going to be in a wheel chair at the end of things...

I am sure the front office will do their due diligence... Elway is a smart guy.

This applies more to Manning though. 4 Neck surgeries in 1 year. One "normal hit" to his head and he could be done.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Watch Manning get injured in the first 5 games and his career is over. What then?

Maybe because none of us are surgeons specializing in what Manning has gone through, and therefore, we really don't know ???

But, with that said, many others HAVE brought that up.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM

because that describes every single player in the nfl.

BroncoBreeder
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM

His injury clause kicks in, we are off the hook, Weeden or Quinn comes in, Tebow is gone, and we have a shot at Barkley next year.

Plus, we might have some free agents like Wayne and Saturday.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
This applies more to Manning though. 4 Neck surgeries in 1 year. One "normal hit" to his head and he could be done.

he is not going to play if one normal hit is going to put him in a wheel chair.

if he is strapping on the pads his DRs have told him he is healthy enough to play.

like manning is not a stupid person.

ParkHill-71
03-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Such strong language and none of it agree with. I luv Elway. More and more of a fan of Fox, and luv Bowlen. I also cant wait to see what the new DC brings to the table.

As for Tebow and low $, we have to spend money. So I dont care about how low his contract is.

I meerly suggested that as a backup plan in case some of the pro Tebow supports cry victimhood if we dont land Manning and or if Tebow requested a trade.

I dont want to see the organization bullied to makind decisions anymore. I guess what Im saying is whatever the Elway and fox, and Bowlen do, I trust their judgment based off the fact that they had the BALLS to pursue Manning in this particular environment already.

They gained my respect for that.

jarbronco
03-11-2012, 04:35 PM
NEW FLASH!

It's being reported by the Phillipines Sentinel that Tim Tebow has arrived in town and has had meetings with the both the President of the Phillipines and the commissioner of the NFL and has announced the expansion of the NFL to include a team based in the Phillipines. The team will be known as the Filipino Rhinos.
More news to come as events unfold.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Such strong language and none of it agree with. I luv Elway. More and more of a fan of Fox, and luv Bowlen. I also cant wait to see what the new DC brings to the table.

As for Tebow and low $, we have to spend money. So I dont care about how low his contract is.

I meerly suggested that as a backup plan in case some of the pro Tebow supports cry victimhood if we dont land Manning and or if Tebow requested a trade.

I dont want to see the organization bullied to makind decisions anymore. I guess what Im saying is whatever the Elway and fox, and Bowlen do, I trust their judgment based off the fact that they had the BALLS to pursue Manning in this particular environment already.

They gained my respect for that.

I don't have a problem with the Manning chase, though I'm still not sure if I agree with it for a number of reasons.

That said, I think Tebow would certainly understand the situation. I mean, it's Peyton freaking Manning. If healthy, he's one of the best QBs to ever play the game and there's certainly no shame in being his backup.

So no, I don't think that bridges have been burned if they don't sign Manning. Elway goes to Tebow and says "Hey man, what can I say ? It was Peyton Manning, we had to try and get him. Now, let's get on with your development so we can turn you into our Franchise QB"

flosstein
03-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't have a problem with the Manning chase, though I'm still not sure if I agree with it for a number of reasons.

That said, I think Tebow would certainly understand the situation. I mean, it's Peyton freaking Manning. If healthy, he's one of the best QBs to ever play the game and there's certainly no shame in being his backup.

So no, I don't think that bridges have been burned if they don't sign Manning. Elway goes to Tebow and says "Hey man, what can I say ? It was Peyton Manning, we had to try and get him. Now, let's get on with your development so we can turn you into our Franchise QB"

What is which the " Tebow shouldn't mind, it's Peyton Manning"? Would u mind if someone replaced u at you job. If Tebow doesn't mind u should have an extreme problem with that. His mindset shouls be **** Manning, this is my ******* team! Just as every other winning starting QB in the universe should feel.

ParkHill-71
03-11-2012, 05:07 PM

I see alot here we agree on...:thumb:

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
What is which the " Tebow shouldn't mind, it's Peyton Manning"? Would u mind if someone replaced u at you job. If Tebow doesn't mind u should have an extreme problem with that. His mindset shouls be **** Manning, this is my ******* team! Just as every other winning starting QB in the universe should feel.

Ok, let's say that I'm in a decent band and we are booked to headline a show. Then, at the last minute, someone comes up and says "Hey, sorry, but we just found out that the Rolling Stones and The Who want to play here that night, so you're being moved to the opening act".

Would I be upset about it ? Hell no, it's The Who and The Stones. DUH. I'd completely understand it.

It would be different if we were talking about a QB like Brady or Rodgers, someone who's at least close to that same level and has already established themselves. Tebow knows that he's still a work in progress.

shawinkerpoppin
03-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Ok, let's say that I'm in a decent band and we are booked to headline a show. Then, at the last minute, someone comes up and says "Hey, sorry, but we just found out that the Rolling Stones and The Who want to play here that night, so you're being moved to the opening act".

Would I be upset about it ? Hell no, it's The Who and The Stones. DUH. I'd completely understand it.

It would be different if we were talking about a QB like Brady or Rodgers, someone who's at least close to that same level and has already established themselves. Tebow knows that he's still a work in progress.

your still playing. tebow is not playing at all. and lets say manning is healthy for 3 straight seasons. 3 straight years riding the bench after starting? who wants any part in that? people assume becuase tebow is nce he is gonna accept anything that happens. money aside if you know your not wanted somewhere and you have the option to go elsewhere why would you stay? if not now the broncos are gonna eventually replace tebow.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 05:26 PM
your still playing. tebow is not playing at all. and lets say manning is healthy for 3 straight seasons. 3 straight years riding the bench after starting? who wants any part in that? people assume becuase tebow is nce he is gonna accept anything that happens. money aside if you know your not wanted somewhere and you have the option to go elsewhere why would you stay? if not now the broncos are gonna eventually replace tebow.

Awful hard to sell $225 autographs and save the free world from the heathen masses as a backup QB.

ParkHill-71
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM

I think that if Tebow requested a trade at anytime, he would be accomodated!
This organization has either traded or released players in several instances in the past.

I dont see him sitting the bench for three years here.

flosstein
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM

U should be upset and having worked in the music business for many years, I understand what you are saying in that analogy. But that's from a fan's point of view. When it's how u make a living, u look at it totally different. I'm a mix engineer and for me a guy named Tony Maserati is like the Montana of that world. I've had work snubbed because of him and not due to quality, but because of the name. I've have songs that were to be lead singles off albums clipped out from under me. Was I like, " it's Tony Maserati, it's cool!" Heck no! I was extremely ticked off.

That's the biggest issue with saying he should be cool with it like some star struck teenage girl. When it's your job, u view everyone different. My current job ( I have since retired from music as my full time gig), I'm a Cable Outside Plant Maintenence Technician. And I feel I'm the best at what I do. But there are guys who have been doing my job longer than me and sometimes I get passed over for projects due to their "experience". I look at the old guys as relics who can't do what I can do, as well as I can do with current technology. That's how I want my QB to feel. If he's not ticked off, then maybe his competitive fire that we heard so much about is false and he don't belong in Mile High anyway.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Ummm, IIRC, Steve Young was a starter for the Bucs yet went to SF and was a backup to Montana for FOUR YEARS before taking over the job as the starter.

So yeah, it's very doable.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 05:38 PM
U should be upset and having worked in the music business for many years, I understand what you are saying in that analogy. But that's from a fan's point of view. When it's how u make a living, u look at it totally different. I'm a mix engineer and for me a guy named Tony Maserati is like the Montana of that world. I've had work snubbed because of him and not due to quality, but because of the name. I've have songs that were to be lead singles off albums clipped out from under me. Was I like, " it's Tony Maserati, it's cool!" Heck no! I was extremely ticked off.

That's the biggest issue with saying he should be cool with it like some star struck teenage girl. When it's your job, u view everyone different. My current job ( I have since retired from music as my full time gig), I'm a Cable Outside Plant Maintenence Technician. And I feel I'm the best at what I do. But there are guys who have been doing my job longer than me and sometimes I get passed over for projects due to their "experience". I look at the old guys as relics who can't do what I can do, as well as I can do with current technology. That's how I want my QB to feel. If he's not ticked off, then maybe his competitive fire that we heard so much about is false and he don't belong in Mile High anyway.

I get what you are saying, but, it's not like Tebow would be in the poor house or that Manning being here would take food out of his mouth or keep him from paying the rent. Who knows ? Denver could pull a Jet's move and restructure Tebow's contract a bit ? Give him an additional bonus for this year and for "taking one for the team" ?

As for the competitive fire and old guy relics, well, I doubt Manning would be a relic and that Tebow's drive and determination would cause him to get even better.

Remember, Tebow was a top national recruit yet he went to Florida and was a backup for Chris Leak his freshman year.

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
makes me absolutely sick as a broncos fan that we would do this to someone who returned us to winning and gave this city hope.

I would give my opinion of our EFX and Elway right now, but i would probably recieve multiple infractions.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 05:47 PM
makes me absolutely sick as a broncos fan that we would do this to someone who returned us to winning and gave this city hope.

I would give my opinion of our EFX and Elway right now, but i would probably recieve multiple infractions.

you don't think peyton would give us more 'hope' and a better chance at say winning ohhh I dont know maybe a superbowl?

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
no i think manning will get injured, honestly because our line pass protection wasnt exposed because of Tebows ability to scramble last season.
Manning will go down, and anything less then a superbowl is a failure now. They have set the bar that high after we won in the playoffs last year.

So if manning fails to get us a ring this essentially is a complete failure on EFX part by completely destroying any future of a team we would have had.

Personally the thing that gets me the most, is elway lying from day 1 about tebow.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM

He didn't give me hope.

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 05:53 PM
thats cuz your in florida and never came to one of the games. i went to 6 last season, and yes he gave everyone in that stadium hope.

You should have been at the stadium with Ortons last game. Fans were ready to burn it down.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 05:56 PM
thats cuz your in florida and never came to one of the games. i went to 6 last season, and yes he gave everyone in that stadium hope.

You should have been at the stadium with Ortons last game. Fans were ready to burn it down.

I like the part where you didn't mention the moans and groans for 55 minutes of the game.

flosstein
I get what you are saying, but, it's not like Tebow would be in the poor house or that Manning being here would take food out of his mouth or keep him from paying the rent. Who knows ? Denver could pull a Jet's move and restructure Tebow's contract a bit ? Give him an additional bonus for this year and for "taking one for the team" ?

As for the competitive fire and old guy relics, well, I doubt Manning would be a relic and that Tebow's drive and determination would cause him to get even better.

Remember, Tebow was a top national recruit yet he went to Florida and was a backup for Chris Leak his freshman year.

Still who wants to be replaced? Who is okay with being replaced? It's not about the money. It's still his job and he should be okay with being replaced? That's insanity and weak minded. I don't care who it is for. And yes Tebow should look at Manning as an old relic. Someone who can't do what he can do. That's mental strength, not sitting there and "taking one for the team". That's coward stuff right there. A strong person doesn't just lay on their stomach and just give it to someone prison style and be okay with it.

As for him behind Leak, it was his freshman year and Leak was the incumbent. It's not like they got Leak his junior yearsp and started leak over him after winning a national championship. That's more along the lines of what is going on here.

vLordChronicv
I like the part where you didn't mention the moans and groans for 55 minutes of the game.

no 1 was moaning or groaning at our first playoff game since 2005. There was Tebow magic in the air.

shawinkerpoppin
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Ummm, IIRC, Steve Young was a starter for the Bucs yet went to SF and was a backup to Montana for FOUR YEARS before taking over the job as the starter.

So yeah, it's very doable.

thing is he left the bucs where he wasnt wanted.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
no i think manning will get injured, honestly because our line pass protection wasnt exposed because of Tebows ability to scramble last season.
Manning will go down, and anything less then a superbowl is a failure now. They have set the bar that high after we won in the playoffs last year.

So if manning fails to get us a ring this essentially is a complete failure on EFX part by completely destroying any future of a team we would have had.

Personally the thing that gets me the most, is elway lying from day 1 about tebow.

Elway lying? When he told the truth, the Tebowites got all bent out of shape. I don't think Elway lied, I think y'all Tebowites tried to find any and everything to link Tebow as our future. And now reality has slapped y'all in the face, now Elway is the Devil. Some of us tried to warn y'all, but you just didn't want to listen. Does the name HATERS ring a bell? I guess now y'all can call EFX and MR. B haters also.

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
o so im a tebowite now? go bleep yourself.

so ignorant. When someone has a different opinion than you! call them a tebowite! or tebow lover!

lol at the trash here.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM

My location doesn't mean anything. A casual fan may need to be in the stadium, but a diehard doesn't. That's just my take on it.

BRONCO109
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM

I would give my opinion of our EFX and Elway right now, but i would probably receive multiple infractions.

Agree with this but was raised where a mans word is his bond but I guess in the business of the NFL that your word or a contract means not... I have been a Elway fan and met him in his youth and he was why I became such a fan... but now am having my doubts on the word of doing business in the NFL ....but that is the way of this world of late even in the construction world I do business in...

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
My location doesn't mean anything. A casual fan may need to be in the stadium, but a diehard doesn't. That's just my take on it.

... where did i say it has anything to do with being a fan. Your just trying to twist my words into saying that your not a fan.

its quite funny the lengths you will go to.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:03 PM
o so im a tebowite now? go bleep yourself.

so ignorant. When someone has a different opinion than you! call them a tebowite! or tebow lover!

lol at the trash here.

Sorry if you got offended. I just hear it so much until it's natural to type. Does Tebow fans sound better? Hell, i've been called a hater for months, my attitude is just fine. :thumb:

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:05 PM
offended? no , not really.

I dont get offended by pieces of trash trying to label me or stereotype me in a group.

actually feel bad that you have to label people in a group probably like you do with everything else in life.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Sorry if you got offended. I just hear it so much until it's natural to type. Does Tebow fans sound better? Hell, i've been called a hater for months, my attitude is just fine. :thumb:

:laugh:

No joke.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
... where did i say it has anything to do with being a fan. Your just trying to twist my words into saying that your not a fan.

its quite funny the lengths you will go to.

You didn't. I'm saying that i'm such a diehard fan that I don't need to be there to experience the Mile High Magic. I was so tied up to the Broncos emotionally until when we lose i'd litterally be sick for days.

AllEyezOnZach27
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM

I wasnt there for that game but I was there against KC when Tebow couldnt muster up but 3 points against Orton and the Chiefs. Yes we got into the playoffs but backed our way in because of other teams losing. Watching Tebow throw the football and pulling teeth are about equal in my book.

Bringing in Manning gives this team a chance at actually using the weapons we have on our team and lets up open up the playbook and not have to run a college offense.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:12 PM

I dont get offended by pieces of trash trying to label me or stereotype me in a group.

actually feel bad that you have to label people in a group probably like you do with everything else in life.

Anger Management? You may want to ignore me. I'd hate for you to receive infractions because of me. It's obvious that you're mad at EFX, and one little comment from me might just send you over the edge.

That's fine, i'll be a piece of trash. That's a whole lot better than being what Tebow is as a play play QB.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Still who wants to be replaced? Who is okay with being replaced? It's not about the money. It's still his job and he should be okay with being replaced? That's insanity and weak minded. I don't care who it is for. And yes Tebow should look at Manning as an old relic. Someone who can't do what he can do. That's mental strength, not sitting there and "taking one for the team". That's coward stuff right there. A strong person doesn't just lay on their stomach and just give it to someone prison style and be okay with it.

As for him behind Leak, it was his freshman year and Leak was the incumbent. It's not like they got Leak his junior yearsp and started leak over him after winning a national championship. That's more along the lines of what is going on here.

And again, I'll point out that Steve Young went from being a starter for Tampa Bay to being Montana's BACKUP for FOUR YEARS.

Remedy
03-11-2012, 06:15 PM
things be getting personal up in hurrrr

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Anger Management? You may want to ignore me. I'd hate for you to receive infractions because of me. It's obvious that you're mad at EFX, and one little comment from me might just send you over the edge.

That's fine, i'll be a piece of trash. That's a whole lot better than being what Tebow is as a play play QB.

At Least i dont feel the need to label people because they have a dif opinion than me.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
You didn't. I'm saying that i'm such a diehard fan that I don't need to be there to experience the Mile High Magic. I was so tied up to the Broncos emotionally until when we lose i'd litterally be sick for days.

Then I guess you were sick pretty often over the few years before Tebow took over. You should be thankful for your better health :)

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Calling someone a piece of trash because the Broncos are about to break up with your boyfriend.

Thats...that's cute.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Least i dont feel the need to label people.

Yo, i've already apologized for it. If your feelings is still hurt, then that's a personal problem.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I wasnt there for that game but I was there against KC when Tebow couldnt muster up but 3 points against Orton and the Chiefs. Yes we got into the playoffs but backed our way in because of other teams losing. Watching Tebow throw the football and pulling teeth are about equal in my book.

Bringing in Manning gives this team a chance at actually using the weapons we have on our team and lets up open up the playbook and not have to run a college offense.

What's better ? To watch Orton throw pretty passes all day just knowing that he's going to F it up and the Broncos were going to lose in the end, or watching Tebow "stink it up" for 55 minutes knowing that there was a really good chance that he would pull out a victory in the end ?

Personally, I'd vote for the latter :)

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Calling someone a piece of trash because the Broncos are about to break up with your boyfriend.

Thats...that's cute.

Do you even read?

or just jump at quotes?

your in the same boat as him. You label everyone who has a dif opinion then you as a tebowite or watever.

its pathetic.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Then I guess you were sick pretty often over the few years before Tebow took over. You should be thankful for your better health :)

I was at better health before Tebow took over. After being sick for a week straight, you tend to put things into perspective. Honestly, watching Tebow play almost made me sick again.

demosthenes9

Funny thing about supporting your team. According to John Elway, Tim Tebow is the incumbent starter right now.

Nice show of support there for your starting QB :)

CoryWinget81
Do you even read?

or just jump at quotes?

your in the same boat as him. You label everyone who has a dif opinion then you as a tebowite or watever.

its pathetic.

KE2WriEmH5c

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I was at better health before Tebow took over. After being sick for a week straight, you tend to put things into perspective. Honestly, watching Tebow play almost made me sick again.

So, you go from being sick after Denver losses, to being sick after Denver victories ?

Hmmm, interesting :)

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Funny thing about supporting your team. According to John Elway, Tim Tebow is the incumbent starter right now.

Nice show of support there for your starting QB :)

I support every Bronco on the roster, that doesn't mean that they don't suck at their job.

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
KE2WriEmH5c

i love that movie.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I support every Bronco on the roster, that doesn't mean that they don't suck at their job.

Strange, you have a much different definition of "support" than any that I have ever come across.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:23 PM
So, you go from being sick after Denver losses, to being sick after Denver victories ?

Hmmm, interesting :)

Victories was the outcome. 55min of god awful QB play is what made me sick.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Strange, you have a much different definition of "support" than any that I have ever come across.

So if I go back and look at the Kyle Orton threads and Nate Jones thread, your going to tell me that they had your support 100%

EDIT: I see you wasn't here when Nate was. Not sure if you're a Bronco fan or a Fan of Tebows. Not questioning you as a fan, but looking at your join date, i'm not sure.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Victories was the outcome. 55min of god awful QB play is what made me sick.

And the victory should have more than compensated for that. I was thrilled for days after the game winning drive to beat the Jets. And the Bears. And the Vikings......

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
So if I go back and look at the Kyle Orton threads and Nate Jones thread, your going to tell me that they had your support 100%

You had to say the "N" word, didn't you?

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
And the victory should have more than compensated for that. I was thrilled for days after the game winning drive to beat the Jets. And the Bears. And the Vikings......everyone was thrilled. the only people who werent are the people who cant stand tebow because of personal reasons. I assume elway was one of them after they showed him angry after winning. He wanted that #1 pick so bad for luck.

CoryWinget81
03-11-2012, 06:27 PM
everyone was thrilled. the only people who werent are the people who cant stand tebow because of personal reasons.

I didn't think I would come down from the Steelers game for months..

...and then the Patriots. :(

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM

yea i agree, the patriots hurt. i cant even watch that game.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
And the victory should have more than compensated for that. I was thrilled for days after the game winning drive to beat the Jets. And the Bears. And the Vikings......

After watching 55min of awful QB play, it's going to take more than just 5 min to stop me from having loose bowels.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Oh, I'm sure that you won't find any unsupportive posts from me in those threads :) (I wasn't here for those discussions :) )

That said, I believe if I had been, I might have offered up some criticism, but nothing along the lines of what you spew on the page.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:30 PM
After watching 55min of awful QB play, it's going to take more than just 5 min to stop me from having loose bowels.

yeah, guess what ? A FREAKING WIN is more than just 5 mins of good play. It's a damned WIN, something that was few and far between before Tebow took over as a starter !

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:33 PM
You had to say the "N" word, didn't you?

Hey, those were some ugly threads...lol.

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:33 PM
yeah, guess what ? A FREAKING WIN is more than just 5 mins of good play. It's a damned WIN, something that was few and far between before Tebow took over as a starter !

dont bother explaining, like i said before, they will label you as a tebow lover or tebowite.

JayJack
03-11-2012, 06:35 PM
dont bother explaining, like i said before, they will label you as a tebow lover or tebowite.

I changed it to tebow fan, what more do you want? Tebow supporter?

itswutz4dinna
03-11-2012, 06:36 PM

I thought Tebow looked outstanding handing it off for those 55 minutes. Perfect form, no fumbles.

vLordChronicv
03-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I changed it to tebow fan, what more do you want? Tebow supporter?

how about bronco fan? i dont even have a tebow jersey, i have #58 von miller.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
EDIT: I see you wasn't here when Nate was. Not sure if you're a Bronco fan or a Fan of Tebows. Not questioning you as a fan, but looking at your join date, i'm not sure.

Completely understandable. I used to follow/like the Broncos way back when Elway was here. Never was a "die hard" fan as I was more into college ball. Grudgingly became a Tebow fan after watching him mow down my favorite SEC teams while he was at UF.

Came here to talk and hangout after Tebow became a starter. So yes, I'm a Tebow fan, BUT, as he plays for the Denver Broncos, I'm a Bronco's fan as well. How deeply I become attached to the team and whether I turn into an Mile High lunatic probably depends on how long Tebow is here.

Just to be preemptive, if you polled a bunch of long time, die hard Denver fans who never lived in Denver, many of them will probably tell you that they were first a fan of "player X, Y, or Z" and that is what led them to becoming a Bronco's fan. :)

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 06:43 PM

As bad as the Pats game was, all I have to do is watch this and I feel much better again: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWdPXn4xqo&feature=related

Still chokes me up :)

flosstein
03-11-2012, 06:44 PM
And again, I'll point out that Steve Young went from being a starter for Tampa Bay to being Montana's BACKUP for FOUR YEARS.

And again I'll point out that he was not replaced by Montana. Montana was the incumbent when he was acquired by the 49ers. The only good example is Tenn with VY. The owner wanted him and Fisher didn't. So at any given chance Fisher got him off the field. Even though VY had a winning record he was constantly flip-flopped with Collins. And do u think he liked it? He hated it and hated Fisher. Regardless of all the other off-field stuff, Fisher was the tool-bag in the situation and Vince hated it.

demosthenes9
03-11-2012, 07:04 PM
And again I'll point out that he was not replaced by Montana. Montana was the incumbent when he was acquired by the 49ers. The only good example is Tenn with VY. The owner wanted him and Fisher didn't. So at any given chance Fisher got him off the field. Even though VY had a winning record he was constantly flip-flopped with Collins. And do u think he liked it? He hated it and hated Fisher. Regardless of all the other off-field stuff, Fisher was the tool-bag in the situation and Vince hated it.

Kind of think a rather obvious difference is that most knowledgeable people would never confuse Kerry Collins with Peyton Manning :)

As for Young, his situation was different in that he was considered a bust by Tampa, though I'm sure he didn't see himself that way. Still, he went to San Fran and he was the backup for 4 years.

Not saying that it wouldn't be somewhat frustrating as Tebow would of course want to start, but again, it would be because the other QB is Peyton Manning, so it's not a slight against him.