PDA

View Full Version : Manning to visit Titans

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
The Tennessee Titans are entering the Peyton Manning sweepstakes and are expecting as well as preparing for a visit from Manning in the next day or two, league sources said Monday.

The Titans entered the Manning picture Sunday when owner Bud Adams told the Tennessean that he is ready to do whatever it takes to sign the four-time MVP, who recently was released by the Indianapolis Colts.

"He is the man I want. Period," Adams said. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._breaking_news

BroncoFanBoy
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Why on earth would the Titans want him? They just drafted Jake Locker, a QB who I think will have a great NFL career, last year 8th overall. Plus. they still have Hasslebeck too. I expect him to be traded, but QB is not one of the Titans holes. If anything, they should use that money to help their defense, and maybe add a WR or two.

hijinx
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I had though that Tennessee had been eliminated in the beginning.. Now they are trying to toss money at him? strange.

It says nothing about him actually visiting. It just says that they want him badly.

The Broncos may have taken a bad gamble here. They've played their cards and now everybody knows that they don't stand behind Tebow as they had previously stated. If they lose PM now - MAJOR FAIL.

EDIT: I guess I see now that they are 'preparing for a visit.'

They have also jumped up to almost tied as the main contender for PM ( http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story/09000d5d8277880b/article/peyton-manning-stock-watch-whos-the-favorite-right-now?module=HP11_hot_topics )

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I had though that Tennessee had been eliminated in the beginning.. Now they are trying to toss money at him? strange.

It says nothing about him actually visiting. It just says that they want him badly.

Umm.. no , the article says they are preparing for a visit from PM.

shawinkerpoppin
03-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Why on earth would the Titans want him? They just drafted Jake Locker, a QB who I think will have a great NFL career, last year 8th overall. Plus. they still have Hasslebeck too. I expect him to be traded, but QB is not one of the Titans holes. If anything, they should use that money to help their defense, and maybe add a WR or two.

i agree. assuming manning is healthy and signs a 3-4 year deal im not sure how long locker will last waiting on the bench before he says its either manning or me.

#24 Next Champ
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Umm.. no , the article says they are preparing for a visit from PM.

Right but he hasn't agreed to meet them

hijinx
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Right but he hasn't agreed to meet them

Exactly.

I prepare for a date by bringing protection. Doesn't mean she'll even show up.

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 05:03 PM
From another article....

"Stokely also told the Post that Manning stayed at his home Friday night, with Stokely driving him to the airport Saturday evening for his visit with the Arizona Cardinals.

Manning had visited with the Broncos on Friday before meeting with the Cardinals on Sunday. He is expected to meet with the Miami Dolphins as early as today and the Tennessee Titans this week as well."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...orkout-in-park

Sounds like PM is gonna meet with the Titans to me....
PM is a Football GOD in Tennesee.

ledboots1956
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
"He is the man I want. Period. And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._breaking_news

Translation: I'm a big man with a big mouth and a big wallet who is used to getting what I want. If PM doesn't sign with my team, I'll throw a tantrum and a nasty crap-fit on the Titan personnel."

BroncoFanBoy
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
i agree. assuming manning is healthy and signs a 3-4 year deal im not sure how long locker will last waiting on the bench before he says its either manning or me.

I agree with that. They even said they would've taken Locker first overall, so go with the young kid!

redneckrocker
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Don't really get the Titans wanting Manning, would be funny though to see him play Ind twice a year.

Houston really needs to go after him, they would immediatly be the favorite in the AFC South! Come on Kubiak, this is no brainer!!

The Texans are my adopted none Bronco team!

BroncoFanBoy
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Don't really get the Titans wanting Manning, would be funny though to see him play Ind twice a year.

Houston really needs to go after him, they would immediatly be the favorite in the AFC South! Come on Kubiak, this is no brainer!!

The Texans are my adopted none Bronco team!

http://thecovertwo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/matt-schaub.jpg

This is why the Texans aren't interested.

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Point is... dont count your chickens before they are hatched.

I hear Houston is now asking Manning to consider them....
that was the buzz on Denver talk radio an hour ago....

ERoyal248
03-12-2012, 06:02 PM
From another article....

"Stokely also told the Post that Manning stayed at his home Friday night, with Stokely driving him to the airport Saturday evening for his visit with the Arizona Cardinals.

Manning had visited with the Broncos on Friday before meeting with the Cardinals on Sunday. He is expected to meet with the Miami Dolphins as early as today and the Tennessee Titans this week as well."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...orkout-in-park

Sounds like PM is gonna meet with the Titans to me....
PM is a Football GOD in Tennesee.

Yes, he may, but he's only meeting with the coaches, not a full visit like he did with Den/Arz.

And why the hell would Tenn want him, they drafted Locker who showed promise, and have Hasselbeck.

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes, he may, but he's only meeting with the coaches, not a full visit like he did with Den/Arz.

This is the part i heard.It was the coaches he was meeting with not really going to the facility.Hopefully,thats a good sign for Denver.I can't wait to the clock strikes midnight and free agency begins,its like Christmas to me :D

Broncoholic3233
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh. It's sad how much you are really hoping and praying we don't get Manning Dave.

Sounds to me like he'll meet with their coach away from the Titans facility.

JakeNbake
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Oh. It's sad how much you are really hoping and praying we don't get Manning Dave.

JEFF Intermission is not time to post on the boards!

ERoyal248
03-12-2012, 07:02 PM

Yep, will do the same with the Dolphins coach..

Amazing some people are against Peyton freaking Manning, unreal.

#24 Next Champ
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM

They're actually going to come to him...obviously extremely small chance if that's so, so I wish he'd just sign...cmon Peyton

You owe us after destroying us like you have... lol

Wow, to actually think we could have Manning ...if you'd told me this years ago how shocked I'd be

PAINTERDAVE
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Dont waste any sadness on me....

I am not praying we dont get Manning..
I just am not sold that he is the GOD so many make him out to be...
at this stage of his career/neck/arm strength...

Until he is a Bronco... the dude AINT A BRONCO.

What you all gonna do if he signs with Miami?

:brick:

DURANGO BRONCO
03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I just hope he meets with them early tomorrow. Met with Dolphins today, and it would be nice if he lets us know his intentions prior to the start of FA tomorrow afternoon.

broncolassiter
03-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't believe Tennessee has the cap space to bring in the receivers of Manning's choice. They have enough to sign Manning, but that would put them near there cap. Denver on the other hand has more than enough to sign Manning and any receiver he wants with him and still have room for other signings.

biglig
03-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Dont waste any sadness on me....

I am not praying we dont get Manning..
I just am not sold that he is the GOD so many make him out to be...
at this stage of his career/neck/arm strength...

Until he is a Bronco... the dude AINT A BRONCO.

What you all gonna do if he signs with Miami?

:brick:

I'll tell ya what we'll prolly do...8-8 and miss the playoffs.(if we are lucky-have ya seen our opponents for next year?)

PAINTERDAVE
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I'll tell ya what we'll prolly do...8-8 and miss the playoffs.(if we are lucky-have ya seen our opponents for next year?)

The future is unwritten, bro.

Last year.. everyone said the schedule was brutal.

They said the easiest part was the first 5 games. We went 1-4.

By mid season it was obvious that pre-season predictions were lame.

The team re- tooled... gave it their best shot.. and won the West.

No telling WHAT will happen next season.

You can't assume that past performance is indicative of future success/failure.

Young QB's often improve. Old QB's often fade.

This team could very possibly sign Manning and STILL go 6 and 10.

We will NEVER know what Tim could have done with real development and the full backing of EFX...
since they are pretty much throwing him under the bus.

flosstein
03-13-2012, 12:25 PM

We will NEVER know what Tim could have done with real development and the full backing of EFX...

Too much logic in here to ever disagree with u on your POV about this whole mess. Especially the "dude ain't a Bronco" sentiment. I totally dig that!

Buck_N_Broncs
03-13-2012, 01:40 PM

Great logic! CP

badaxe
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Bud Adams...dude is a high-roller eh guys?

Has a young, athletic, strong armed QB in Locker, but is willing to pay for Manning, AND guarantee him a front office job for life. Wow!

What if they land Manning and 2 yeras later have not reached the Super Bowl, or worse?

I admire Adams' stones but I think it's a sucker's bet.

NK6
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Not looking like the meeting with the Titans is going to happen.

Bud Adams private jet was scheduled to head to North Carolina where Peyton Manning supposedly is working out at Duke University.

That flight has been cancelled. No other word than that but not looking to promising for the Titans.

PAINTERDAVE
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
I heard the Titans are now the front runner for PM...
Peyton is scheduled to meet with them tonight....
despite that earlier news about a canceled flight.

Alfred Williams said Mannings price is probably gonna be around

100 million for a 5 year deal..
with 60 million guarenteed.

That is just what I have heard on Denver radio today.

ParkHill-71
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I heard the Titans are now the front runner for PM...
Peyton is scheduled to meet with them tonight....
despite that earlier news about a canceled flight.

Alfred Williams said Mannings price is probably gonna be around

100 million for a 5 year deal..
with 60 million guarenteed.

That is just what I have heard on Denver radio today.

If this is true, then I guess Wayne and Clarke to follow. Thats the part that I cant understand. Wayne wants to go to Miami for the nightlife, but he would skip that if he cant get Manning to go, just to go to Tenn, Especially over Denver. I just dont see it. I know anythings possible, but Denver offers more for Wayne than Tenn...That is, if they are truly a package deal of course.

NewEnglandBronc
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Amazing some people are against Peyton freaking Manning, unreal.

NECK INJURY. Hes going to get signed a huge deal with no workout...just watch. Its going to be a disaster for whoever signs him.

MHSalute
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
NECK INJURY. Hes going to get signed a huge deal with no workout...just watch. Its going to be a disaster for whoever signs him.

Hardly a disaster, more like a high pick and out 10-15M. At least Elway can move on from Tebow and get a QB he wants. Can't have this going on and be successful.

Mk2_Tebow
03-13-2012, 06:23 PM

smart post :salute:

jaytea11
03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
smart post :salute:

Move on... seriously.. I like him too, but there literally are division 3 quarterbacks with better mechanics and basic qb skills... some things can't be taught...

Colem9r
03-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Its probably going to be between the Titans and Broncos for Manning's services. If you believe all the stories on NFL.com he of course has strong ties to Tenn. so Titans would be a logical choice. Plus what a division to play in he will beat colts and jacksonville both twice. Probably be slugging it out with houston for the division. Their running game and defense is better than ours. receiving corps would probably be a toss up. I hope he comes to Denver really don't think it's going to happen. I do think we should make a run at Flynn.

BroncoBryce
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM

Bingo. It would serve this FO right if we got Manning he got hurt and we are back to the drawing board.

Just a bad idea to act like its 2006.

flosstein
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Its probably going to be between the Titans and Broncos for Manning's services. If you believe all the stories on NFL.com he of course has strong ties to Tenn. so Titans would be a logical choice. Plus what a division to play in he will beat colts and jacksonville both twice. Probably be slugging it out with houston for the division. Their running game and defense is better than ours. receiving corps would probably be a toss up. I hope he comes to Denver really don't think it's going to happen. I do think we should make a run at Flynn.

They have the slight edge on defense mainly due to points they allowed. but they gave up more yards per play than us and stayed on the field longer than us
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm). The rushing game, we were 1st and they were 31st
(http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/). CJ2K hasn't been CJ2K in about 2years.

Really equates to an even field between us and the Titans as far as team structure.

-Rod-
03-13-2012, 08:10 PM
The coaches and the GM don't want to sign Peyton Manning. They want to spend the money elsewhere and put Jake Locker on the field. The owner gave them the order to pursue Manning. It will be a weird meeting, a forced situation. Munchak will meet with Manning, take a look around and say "meh, it's not a good fit, is it?" And Manning will become a Bronco. Manning will be a Bronco. Period. Obviously, if Manning becomes a Titan, I will delete this post and you'll pretend you never read this crap.

MHSalute
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
The coaches and the GM don't want to sign Peyton Manning. They want to spend the money elsewhere and put Jake Locker on the field. The owner gave them the order to pursue Manning. It will be a weird meeting, a forced situation. Munchak will meet with Manning, take a look around and say "meh, it's not a good fit, is it?" And Manning will become a Bronco. Manning will be a Bronco. Period. Obviously, if Manning becomes a Titan, I will delete this post and you'll pretend you never read this crap.

Quoted for permanency.

HavoK471
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/25k5279.png

Mk2_Tebow
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Move on... seriously.. I like him too, but there literally are division 3 quarterbacks with better mechanics and basic qb skills... some things can't be taught...

There are no division 3 QBs better than Tebow .

XIV
03-13-2012, 10:57 PM

the same 3 division qb's that couldn't beat the tebow-led broncos? those guys?

you're absolutely right that some things cant be taught. like a knack for Winning, the clutch gene, or that "it" factor. as we all know Kyle Orton has S.O.U.N.D. throwing mechanics but cant lead on gamedays or folds under ANY ounce of pressure.

Kyle Boller has technically perfect passing mechanics, hows that working out? be careful in trying to be some evaluation guru. you might entirely miss sight of what is important and what can also be valuable qualities in a WINNING quarterback.

ERoyal248
03-13-2012, 11:01 PM

Meh, yes, but we had a lot of lucky bounces last year, a few games were kinda weird.

Not saying all, but it's true.

They could, they could also sign him, and go 12-4.

As for throwing him under the bus, it's Peyton Manning, enough said.

Click-Clack
03-14-2012, 04:34 AM
The thing that scares me the most is all this attention being paid to Peyton Manning and not ending up getting him! Then what? We lose out on all the great free agents, like Mario Williams, Meachem, Jackson, Nicks, etc. All guys that should have been pursued rather than Manning to begin with, imo.

I think EFX is delusional to think they are a Peyton Manning away from winning the Super Bowl. Did you see this team get slaughtered by the Patriots last year? Peyton Manning at 100% in his prime couldn't have won that game. The defense was pathetic and the game plan was horrific.

While I love me some Peyton Manning, I just would have liked to see this team spend their money elsewhere. Tebow far outreached expectations last year. And I'm sure with a full offseason with the first team he'll only be better next year (do you really think he'll be worse?). Why not try to surround Tebow with the best talent? Why do you need a Peyton Manning to go out and sign star receivers? The whole thing is screwy to me.

DenverBlood
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
The thing that scares me the most is all this attention being paid to Peyton Manning and not ending up getting him! Then what? We lose out on all the great free agents, like Mario Williams, Meachem, Jackson, Nicks, etc. All guys that should have been pursued rather than Manning to begin with, imo.

I think EFX is delusional to think they are a Peyton Manning away from winning the Super Bowl. Did you see this team get slaughtered by the Patriots last year? Peyton Manning at 100% in his prime couldn't have won that game. The defense was pathetic and the game plan was horrific.

While I love me some Peyton Manning, I just would have liked to see this team spend their money elsewhere. Tebow far outreached expectations last year. And I'm sure with a full offseason with the first team he'll only be better next year (do you really think he'll be worse?). Why not try to surround Tebow with the best talent? Why do you need a Peyton Manning to go out and sign star receivers? The whole thing is screwy to me.

Starting to look like we are going to bomb out in FA too. Peyton's meeting with the Titans today took a turn and they decided to fly to Nashville for an official visit. My guess is that puts them at the top of the list now to grab him.

It's starting to look like it's going to be a dissapointing FA for us this year and we are going to have to hit big in the draft.

Nimrod
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Starting to look like we are going to bomb out in FA too. Peyton's meeting with the Titans today took a turn and they decided to fly to Nashville for an official visit. My guess is that puts them at the top of the list now to grab him.

It's starting to look like it's going to be a dissapointing FA for us this year and we are going to have to hit big in the draft.

Titans are apparently offering a FO position to Manning post playing career. Who's job should we offer him to come to Denver? I say we up the ante.

broncofanatik
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Titans are apparently offering a FO position to Manning post playing career. Who's job should we offer him to come to Denver? I say we up the ante.

Give him Elways. Can't do much worse.

*Broncokev*
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM

You are right, some things can't be taught. Thats why they are division 3 QB's and he is a State and National Champion, and a Heisman winner.

milehighclub32
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
You are right, some things can't be taught. Thats why they are division 3 QB's and he is a State and National Champion, and a Heisman winner.

Exactly. Tebow is the one who has the things that "can't be taught." Elway and Fox will say the same thing. You can learn to read coverages. You can learn proper mechanics.

Blue-N-Orange
03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
If the broncos don't land pm, they better be all In with tebow.

#24 Next Champ
03-14-2012, 02:59 PM

This is what I'm saying ...

If this thing ends up all disastrous and we end up with freakin Weeden or some crap I will seriously HATE EFX

Colem9r
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Well if your watching Espn, the Titans are now the frontrunners for Peyton Manning. So the Broncos have all this cap room and failed to improve the team.

PAINTERDAVE
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I expect...

Manning will sign with Titans.

PM used Denver BAD, to leverage other teams.

Soon... we will get the news and it will be time to find out
if EFX knows how to pick up the pieces and go home.

PAINTERDAVE
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM

I agree.. but there will be a loud cry soon for ..

"Anybody but Tebow".. from the usual suspects.

Colem9r
03-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Well EFX made it clear they don't want Tebow by going after Manning but any GM would be stupid not to go for him. They should make a run at Flynn.

BroncoBreeder
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Titans have a old vet in Hassleback and and young QB in Jake Locker. Why would they be interested in Manning? For a OC or front office job mainly?

Nimrod
03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
This is what I'm saying ...

If this thing ends up all disastrous and we end up with freakin Weeden or some crap I will seriously HATE EFX

I could actually see Manning starting for the Titans, Tebow starting for the Jags and Gabbert starting for Denver........

Colem9r
Their owner wants Manning and said he will do whatever it takes. Hasselbeck will be cut upon signing Manning

CDUB1620
Sweet, the Titans are gonna have Manning, Locker and Hasselbeck, and we are stuck with Tebow...Come on EFX make a push for Flynn.

CDUB1620
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Their owner wants Manning and said he will do whatever it takes. Hasselbeck will be cut upon signing Manning

I say we go after Hasselbeck then, Tebow is not the answer.

Colem9r
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I say we ask Arizona what they want for Kolb they clearly think he is not their answer.

PAINTERDAVE
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I say we ask Arizona what they want for Kolb they clearly think he is not their answer.

Then why on God's green earth would he be the answer for us?

This team needs to build through the draft...
develop our own guys.

If Tebow craps out this year... fine.. know we know..
and we should have a pretty high draft pick...
and Tim has already been paid like 90% of his contract anyway.

Don't want expensive Kolb, who sucks.

jcdavey
03-14-2012, 11:38 PM
trust me, if he signs with tenn or whoever else, you guys are going to look back on this as a bullet dodged

he's not going to be the peyton you remember

PAINTERDAVE
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
trust me, if he signs with tenn or whoever else, you guys are going to look back on this as a bullet dodged

Exactly. First time we agree in months.

Peyton is a 60 million dollar mistake ready to happen... to Tennesee.

MHSalute
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM

The risk is only money, and pretty sure any contract will have an out after the first year...Peyton has said so himself. If Manning can throw he will make our young WRs and TEs better for just playing a year, effective or not.

If he is not the same, we really will be no worse for wear, we will be picking high with a decent QB class out there. Point of this all is an escape from Tebow, and that in itself will help us move forward.

PAINTERDAVE
03-14-2012, 11:48 PM
The risk is only money, and pretty sure any contract will have an out after the first year...Peyton has said so himself. If Manning can throw he will make our young WRs and TEs better for just playing a year, effective or not.

If he is not the same, we really will be no worse for wear, we will be picking high with a decent QB class out there. Point of this all is an escape from Tebow, and that in itself will help us move forward.

Disagree.

Most expect Manning to ask for at least 60 million guaranteed with no workout.

We shall see soon enough.

jcdavey
03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
60 million wow lol

jcdavey
03-15-2012, 12:00 AM
just saw this

Titans owner Bud Adams later told KHOU-11 Sports in Houston that he had offered Manning a contract "for life" and added that he "feels great" about the team's chance of signing Manning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827990cf/article/peyton-mannings-meeting-with-titans-lasts-nearly-seven-hours?campaign=Twitter_news

wow

that's some kind of commitment .....

Buck_N_Broncs
03-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Bud Adams is offering him a life long contract. No thanks. We already screwed ourself with the other FAs, lets lick our wounds and move on.

fraguela09
03-15-2012, 06:15 AM
I think what really works in TENN's favor is two things:

1) Their OL is better than ours. They have a solid OL, & a RB that will keep a defense honest (CJ). We have a poor pass blocking RT. How is Kuper's health? I think TENN allowed only 23 sacks. Staying healthy, & not getting blindsided will appeal to Peyton.

2) The fact we got creamed by NE's offense cannot be a good thing in PM's eyes. What did we allow? 5? 6 FIRST HALF TD to Brady? If we have to face Brady in the playoffs, PM might not feel confident our defense will be able to prevent NE from scoring 40 again.

Toss in the blank check Bud Adams will hand him, the fact he played football in TENN his college days, the warm southern climate & Nashville living... It must give Peyton something to think about.

Working to our advantage is 2 things:

1) EFX: John Elway selling it. One HOF QB garners respect & awe from another future HOF QB. I'm sure Boweln being a better guy than Adams helps as well. So does the fact we have (not 1 but 2) DEFENSIVE-MINDED Head Coaches in Fox, & JDR (TENN's HC is guy w/ an offensive background).

2) Mile High Altitude balances the competitive disadvantage PM might have lost with his age & perceived diminished skills. He can run his hurry-up offense in the rarified air of Denver, sending opposing DL to the O2 tanks.

I think DEN has a slight edge in WRs on roster (although who knows what PM thinks of Britt, but I have to believe he envisions DT & ED as potential studs w/ PM as QB), I think DEN has the appeal of Champ-DOOM-GLOOM, the better LT (Clady), clutch kicker (Prater), and cap space.

I realize that we haven't done much in free agency yet, and our DL is not close to TENN's, but so far the Titans have lost their best CB & TENN plays in a DIV w/ a tougher frontrunner (HOU).

I truly believe PM has no clue, even if he's inclined to go in one direction. I do believe he'll think this through for 24-48 hours... Then... In a move that will shed light on his inner self... Will he choose to show-up the NCAA tournament, in his competitive zeal trying to see if his decision could trump March Madness coverage (going back to college days of football vs basketball players)... Or does he give the kids their moment, and wait until Sunday night, Monday morning to announce news of where he'll play in '12?

Fascinating!

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Manning is being offered a FO job at Tennesee when football is done..

I think his trip here with Elway probably made him WANT that job.

So in essence.. the GREAT showing Elway made here...
probably convinced Manning to play there..
so that he can end up with the same sweet deal John has, once his playing days are over.

It is also rumoured that Titans are offering him and his Dad the right to buy into ownership of the team.

I would be SHOCKED if Peyton does not sign with Titans who have offered him the Moon.

JakeNbake
03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Manning is being offered a FO job at Tennesee when football is done..

I think his trip here with Elway probably made him WANT that job.

So in essence.. the GREAT showing Elway made here...
probably convinced Maning to play there..
so that he can end up with the same sweet deal once his playing days are over.

It is also rumoured that Titans are offering him and his Dad the rght to buy into ownership of the team.

I would be SHOCKED if Peyton does not sign with Titans who have offered him the Moon.

He can't really be offered that contract. And let's face it Bud Adams will be dead in the not too distant future. So then really Manning has no promise.

I don't think he's that stupid.

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
He can't really be offered that contract. And let's face it Bud Adams will be dead in the not too distant future. So then really Manning has no promise.

I don't think he's that stupid.

Jake.. you wanting it so badly wont make it happen.
Addams will die when he dies.

Who knows what deal they are making..

one official contract..
another gentlemans agreement on the side.

If Adams agrees to sell Archie Manning 20% of the team...
I doubt that is illegal.

again, Jake...

acceptance is a key to happiness.

If PM wanted to play in Denver...
why the dog and pony show that is doing incredible damage to the denver team?

If he wanted to play here he would go ahead and do it.

We were simply leverage against other teams..
and like I said...

Elway showing him the sweet deal he has here..
made Peyton want the same type a deal once he retires..
and there aint room for 2 here in Denver..
so add it up.

Manning wil sign with Titans.. no matter what fans here post on this board.

#Broncosfan
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM
If he is a like most people he will choose what is most familiar to him. Hands down that is Tennessee. It seems poetic in a sense to go back and play where he started. The fact that they had a Dr look at him supposedly, also seems the Titans were more thorough. He already has a huge pro Peyton fanbase in Tennessee, and here it is pretty divided. Everything points to Tennessee from the outside looking in.

brutledge79
03-15-2012, 01:35 PM
The Titans just signed Steve Hutchinson, Manning's Pro Bowl Buddy. Not looking good for the Bronco's. Manning will most likely land in TN. Most unfortunate.

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Word out of Tennesee...
a newspaper there is reporting that Manning is
in contract negotiations as of Thursday afternoon.

steve209
03-15-2012, 05:01 PM
It is True.... Bud Offered partial ownership of team and a lifetime contract ( exe V.P upon retirement) Also will not announce till Monday as Buds Grandson is getting married this weekend. Peyton will wear #16 ( like his College days) Local radio stations are interviewing Titans players and all are very excited about it. :paper:

jaycuthroat
03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Need links people

nic.zeman24
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM

Lol Kolb sucks so much and its not even funny in what way he would help us?

Colem9r
03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
You guys come up with some off the wall stuff, "tennessee newspapers reporting this" "tennessee radio stations saying that" wow very comical.
If its so LINK .

BroncoBreeder
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
You guys come up with some off the wall stuff, "tennessee newspapers reporting this" "tennessee radio stations saying that" wow very comical.
If its so LINK .

They offer him a job for life, they have a dome, he has a home there, his wife is from there, the Tenn politicians are weighing in, and he went to college there. How do we beat that?

broooks77
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
They offer him a job for life, they have a dome, he has a home there, his wife is from there, the Tenn politicians are weighing in, and he went to college there. How do we beat that?

Money.

Lots and lots of money.:goz::goz::goz::goz::goz:

BroncoSynapses
03-15-2012, 07:34 PM

I hope we don't beat that. :thumb:

DeepOnScuba
03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
The Titans do not have a dome.

badaxe
03-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Manning to Tennessee? Lets hope so!

Get er done Bud!

BroncoBreeder
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
The Titans do not have a dome.

Why was I thinking they did? Who knows. If the weather matter, he would have went to the Dolphins anyways.

DURANGO BRONCO
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Not sure if this is posted but could be deemed Salary Cap Manipulation

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1106798-breaking-down-tennessee-titans-contract-for-life-offer-to-peyton-manning

BroncoBreeder
03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/manning-rumors-3-15-12-2

krazy/kz1
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM

1.They offer him a job for life - probably not legal with the NFL as part of the contract. Who in their right mind would want a job for life after they have made millions? Is this Bud Adams life time or Peytons because Bud Adams is 89 years old. Just saying.

2.They have a dome? Maybe one without a roof on it?

3. He has a home in Florida too. He could have one in Denver.

4.His wife is from there. This is one more reason to never go back. LoL.

5.Tenn politicians are weighing in. Really? who cares.

BroncoBreeder
03-15-2012, 08:39 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_manning_antennae.jpg

kishzilla
03-15-2012, 08:56 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_manning_antennae.jpg

Tatunka...

Buff-a-lo

:laugh:

Name that movie :coffee:

RDAvena
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Tatunka...

Buff-a-lo

:laugh:

Name that movie :coffee:

"We will shoot some arrows into the white man. If he truly has medicine, he will not be hurt. If he has no medicine, he will be dead. "

PAINTERDAVE
03-15-2012, 11:20 PM
If its so LINK .

It was info stated on Denver radio by Dave Logan and Dave kreiger..
two local sports analysts.

They stated it. I can't link what radio guys talk about..
but I can come on a dang message board and
refer to what the conversation is on Denver radio about the situation...

call it comical....
if that makes you feel better about Manning getting ready to sign with Titans.

ERoyal248
03-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Word out of Tennesee...
a newspaper there is reporting that Manning is
in contract negotiations as of Thursday afternoon.

So have we Dave..

:thumb:

Broncos2024
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Tennessee stations say they are discussing a contract. Denver stations are reporting that Denver is still the front runner. Just wait and see guys. The way I look at it is we don't need Peyton to have a successful season so just wait and see what happens. Be happy happy that if we don't get him we still have a QB that can win games.

kishzilla
03-16-2012, 12:04 AM
"We will shoot some arrows into the white man. If he truly has medicine, he will not be hurt. If he has no medicine, he will be dead. "

you got it ;)

Bowie Man
03-16-2012, 07:47 AM
According to Adam Schefter on Twitter, Manning's working out for us right now.

Buck_N_Broncs
03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Per Schefty

Broncos traveling party includes Exec VP John Elway, HC John Fox, OC Mike McCoy, QB coach Adam Gase, GM Brian Xanders and a medical team.

IABronco05
03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
According to Adam Schefter on Twitter, Manning's working out for us right now.

I saw that on ESPN as well, I was amazed there weren't multiple threads on it already.

The offseason has made us lazy

Thors Hammer
03-16-2012, 08:02 AM
I saw that on ESPN as well, I was amazed there weren't multiple threads on it already.

The offseason has made us lazy

All things to do with Manning are likely to get merged into the Manning superthread in Broncos football.

It's easy to get left behind with news in that thread. Whenever something newsworthy happens, you can literally go through 10 pages in 5 minutes. :laugh:

Buck_N_Broncs
03-16-2012, 08:05 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I woke up and saw it on my FB. Then i come on here and theres one post on it.

Im disappointed Broncos fans, chop chop. ;)

Nimrod
03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
According to the NFL-TV ticker - EFX are headed to NC to work out Manning with our medical staff in tow. Either means he is about to be signed or the stakes got higher and we need to see if we are still in - IMO.

-Rod-
03-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Wooooooooohooooooooo

EddieMac
03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I guess this will be not needed at this point.