PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Is George Karl the right coach for this team moving forward?

The Experience
03-19-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm not jumping to any conclusions, nor am I advocating or suggesting his dismissal. But I just wanna know what Nugget Nation thinks of GK going forward.

To me it just seems like he can't motivate this team to play defense anymore.

johnlimburg
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I love GK. I just think at times better choices can be made. I do not think I know better. Not even a little bit. However I have some things which I question.

There has always been an excuse for why the teams defense sucks. Melo. Smith. Iverson. There was always some reason however them players on defense were questionable. However who is at fault now. This teams defense has been poor all year long. We do not seem to give much effort on some nights. Tonight I think the Mavs were just on fire but the defense was still poor.

I don't think he should go anywhere and I don't think he will. However I would love for us to start playing defense.

Broncoholic3233
03-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Short answer: No.

I like GK, I want him to stay, I think he will stay and rightfully so.

I will expand later.

The Experience
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I love GK. I just think at times better choices can be made. I do not think I know better. Not even a little bit. However I have some things which I question.

There has always been an excuse for why the teams defense sucks. Melo. Smith. Iverson. There was always some reason however them players on defense were questionable. However who is at fault now. This teams defense has been poor all year long. We do not seem to give much effort on some nights. Tonight I think the Mavs were just on fire but the defense was still poor.

I don't think he should go anywhere and I don't think he will. However I would love for us to start playing defense.

Hiring a defensive coordinator might be a good move this offseason.

The Experience
03-25-2012, 01:19 PM
This team has been getting progressively worse, no defense at all.

It may be time for GK's tenure to end. Hire a defensive guru.

ParkHill-71
03-25-2012, 01:30 PM
If Im being perfectly honest, I used to talk sooooo much crap about George back in the 90's.

Then, Denver signed him, and of course I got to see him up close.

Watching him sit there during the Carmelo years was tough for me. I understand how hard that is when you have a superstar tho. The politics part of it.

Still, things he did during those years, sitting on the bench watching the bad things that happened. I used say get yo big arse off the bench and do something. Call a time out or something....lol...

Now, I guess since the team is just making the same mistakes again, and again...I cant help but think he has worn out a little bit of his welcome.

I think I am just afraid of bringing in a new coach and all that comes with that.

I appreciate karl for what he has accomplished, but that does not obsolve him from any criticism. Im looking at this guy with a magnifying glass the rest of this season. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

ParkHill-71
03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Here is why i think karl could be in trouble these days:

If you're team sets weak screens and doesn't rotate, you hold an extra practice or a longer practice and thats what you drill them on.

....So on and so on.......again and again. You dont even work on anything else. Thats not a talent thing. That's an effort thing! So that is a Coache's fault if you ask me!

How could these things not be being addressed. Look at the screens they set. The announcer talks about them. We wait for the next game and say, lets see how they look. Then its the same ole thing.

I just dont understand how something like that could not be the head coach's fault.

I think "The Experience" is on to something if you look at it like that.

The Experience
03-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Here is why i think karl could be in trouble these days:

If you're team sets weak screens and doesn't rotate, you hold an extra practice or a longer practice and thats what you drill them on.

....So on and so on.......again and again. You dont even work on anything else. Thats not a talent thing. That's an effort thing! So that is a Coache's fault if you ask me!

How could these things not be being addressed. Look at the screens they set. The announcer talks about them. We wait for the next game and say, lets see how they look. Then its the same ole thing.

I just dont understand how something like that could not be the head coach's fault.

I think "The Experience" is on to something if you look at it like that.
I think it may just be time for a change, kinda like getting rid of Shanny a few years back. Great coach, but just time for a new voice.

BroncoRy
03-25-2012, 02:08 PM
There is plenty of talent on this team and defense like we all know is mostly effort. I've been happy with GK most seasons but this is bad right now. It's time to move on.....

ParkHill-71
03-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I think it may just be time for a change, kinda like getting rid of Shanny a few years back. Great coach, but just time for a new voice.

It looks like its headed that way. Still, you/he/they still have time to remedy that. Like I said, screens and hustle are not a talent thing. Those are all things that can be fixed.

They are pro's and if they just say wait til' next year, or play like that, it will piss this fan off...:salute:

The Experience
03-25-2012, 02:13 PM
It looks like its headed that way. Still, you/he/they still have time to remedy that. Like I said, screens and hustle are not a talent thing. Those are all things that can be fixed.

They are pro's and if they just say wait til' next year, or play like that, it will piss this fan off...:salute:

Agreed on all accounts.

GK just needs to light a fire under this team. That is really all it should take.