PDA

View Full Version : FOX Sports: Tebow to be traded to Jets or Jaguars Wednesday

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

Crazy if true, I'll actually root for the Jets here and there if they have Tebow.

xX-Bronco-Xx
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Trade talks are going to escalate from a ham and cheese sandwich to hopefully a second round pick.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Also, it says we should get a third. Good compensation.

InElwayWeTrust
Lol. I doubt a 2nd rounder but man that would be awesome! I would do backflips. :laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
If that report is true and Jags OWNER Kahn was the negotiator on the phone with the Broncos look out. The jags are about to be trade raped.

Hoserman117
03-20-2012, 09:57 PM
I would expect he goes to the Jets. I wish him luck wherever he goes, and hopefully we can get these two teams to bid against each other and we land a 3rd round pick.

Remedy
If that report is true and Jags OWNER Kahn was the negotiator on the phone with the Broncos look out. The jags are about to be trade raped.

lol ... I love "the league"

InElwayWeTrust

Exactly! Lol, Elway is going to do him like that guy did the boy band dude in "The Goods." :laugh:

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Lol. I doubt a 2nd rounder but man that would be awesome! I would do backflips. :laugh:

Have you heard Khan's comments? Anything's possible.

I honestly believe that Tebow is exactly what the Jets need: Some balls on offense. They have a good running game, get him another running back like Lamichael James or Doug Martin and I think he'll keep developing. Especially with Tony Sparano there.

Atwnbroncfan
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
lol ... I love "the league"

One of my favorite shows definetly.

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
:(

Best of luck to you, Tim Tebow.

I'll be rooting for you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

ERoyal248
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
The Denver Broncos are expected to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to either the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars by midday Wednesday, Orlando's WKMG-TV reported, citing a source close to the NFL star.

The Denver Broncos reportedly are looking to part ways with the unconventional quarterback, having signed four-time MVP Peyton Manning.

The report says that while the Green Bay Packers and Miami Dolphins also were believed to be interested in acquiring Tebow, the trade talks are exclusively down to the Jets and Jaguars.

Tebow was expected to be dealt for a third-round pick.

The widely popular 24-year-old hails from Jacksonville, but the source said he would prefer playing time over a return to his home town.

New Jaguars owner Shahid Khan finished negotiating with Tebow's representatives and the Broncos late Tuesday night, and the talks were expected to resume Wednesday morning.

The New York Post reported that the Jets had held serious internal discussions about trading for Tebow.

Tebow could give the Jets a new dimension at quarterback to complement starter Mark Sanchez. Tebow could run the wildcat formation, a favorite of head coach Rex Ryan and new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.

A Post source said the Jets also think Tebow could have a positive effect in repairing their dysfunctional locker room.

The move would give the Jets a huge surge of interest. Members of the Jets organization have noticed what Jeremy Lin has done with the Knicks, and Tebow in New York could be even bigger.

FOX Sports reported Monday the Broncos had been quietly shopping Tebow since the NFL Scouting Combine in late February, trying to gauge interest around the league as they prepared to make a run for Manning.

Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway denied Tuesday having held formal talks with any team about the Heisman Trophy winner.

According to a close friend of Tebow, he prefers his next destination to be in Florida, where he came to fame playing for the Gators.

"Brad and I just had dinner with Tim last week and I don't think this comes as a shock or surprise to him that Manning was actually going to go there," Monica Culpepper, the wife of former NFL and Florida Gators player Brad Culpepper, told 970 WFLA radio in Tampa on Tuesday.

"And in all honesty, Tim said, 'I miss home. I miss the South. And hopefully I'll land somewhere in Florida.' "

The Jaguars are seen as a natural fit for the Jacksonville native and former Gators star, but the team has two quarterbacks in veteran Chad Henne and last year's 10th overall pick, Blaine Gabbert.

But the acquisition of the 24-year-old Tebow would surely energize a franchise that has struggled with attendance in recent years.

Tebow led the Broncos on an improbable run to the AFC West title and a playoff victory last season, but he is also a quarterback whose throwing ability is still a work in progress.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

A 3rd would be good, expected a 4th though.

JayJack
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Please trade him to the Jags. Their 3rd rd pick is higher than the Jets.

Jags 7th pick in the 3rd > Jets 14th pick in the 3rd.

aberdien
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't wish the Jets in their current state on my worst enemy, much less Tebow.

OrangeCrush_304
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope where ever he goes he will be happy and will be able to contribute.

I'll wish him luck except for the times he's playing the Broncos.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Please trade him to the Jags. Their 3rd rd pick is higher than the Jets.

Jags 7th pick in the 3rd > Jets 14th pick in the 3rd.

We may be able to get a second rounder from Jacksonville if New York offers a third + change (let's say a player on the bubble like Jeremy Kerley. Who I would take with a third rounder over a Jacksonville third.

Mk2_Tebow
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
God please not the Jets ....poor Tim

ERoyal248
03-20-2012, 10:09 PM
A 3rd would be great, figured it would be a 4th or 5th.

Or Elway could bend over Khan and get a 2nd, that would be something..

Didn't see this thread, sorry mods :sad:

Butler By'Note
03-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I would expect he goes to the Jets. I wish him luck wherever he goes, and hopefully we can get these two teams to bid against each other and we land a 3rd round pick.

I think Denver will trade him to Jacksonville for 3 reasons:

1. as Jay Jack said the Jags third round pick is higher.
2. The Jets could potentially (not likely but who knows) be a threat in the AFC why give them any help
3. Tebow is a likeable kid (his fans aren't!) and he wants to go home to Florida, why not do him the favor and send him out with a little goodwill.

EDIT: I'd also consider forgetting the third round pick and grabbing a young defensive player with potential from the Jags roster if we can.

BroncosDivision
03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Jacksonville for a 3rd. We're happy, Tim's happy. Perfect.

JayJack
03-20-2012, 10:11 PM
We may be able to get a second rounder from Jacksonville if New York offers a third + change (let's say a player on the bubble like Jeremy Kerley. Who I would take with a third rounder over a Jacksonville third.

I think it's possible that the Jags would give us a 2nd for Tim. They are open to trading out of the #7 spot. So if they already have a feeling as to who'd be willing to trade for their #7 spot, then Kahn may be willing to give up a 2nd.

Atwnbroncfan
I think Denver will trade him to Jacksonville for 3 reasons:

1. as Jay Jack said the Jags third round pick is higher.
2. The Jets could potentially (not likely but who knows) be a threat in the AFC why give them any help
3. Tebow is a likeable kid (his fans aren't!) and he wants to go home to Florida, why not do him the favor and send him out with a little goodwill.

I'm sure if trade offers are similar Elway will ask Tebow which destination he prefers. If you remember back in the year of the QB documentary the Jets were a team interested in him in the draft process.

DiegoBRONCOFAN
Tim Tebow, whose stardom rose to national levels this past season as he led the Denver Broncos to nine wins and a playoff defeat of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is expected to be traded to either the Jacksonville Jaguars or the New York Jets by midday on Wednesday, a source close to Tebow told Channel 4ís sister station, WKMG in Orlando.

Tebow, who lost his starting job this week when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, is expected to be dealt for a third-round pick.

If the Broncos get a third-round pick for Tebow, Elway should give Brian Xanders a seat at the big kids' table at the next press conference....

Chillez
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
The Denver Broncos are expected to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to either the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars by midday Wednesday, Orlando's WKMG-TV reported, citing a source close to the NFL star.

The Denver Broncos reportedly are looking to part ways with the unconventional quarterback, having signed four-time MVP Peyton Manning.

The report says that while the Green Bay Packers and Miami Dolphins also were believed to be interested in acquiring Tebow, the trade talks are exclusively down to the Jets and Jaguars.

Tebow was expected to be dealt for a third-round pick.

The widely popular 24-year-old hails from Jacksonville, but the source said he would prefer playing time over a return to his home town.

New Jaguars owner Shahid Khan finished negotiating with Tebow's representatives and the Broncos late Tuesday night, and the talks were expected to resume Wednesday morning.

The New York Post reported that the Jets had held serious internal discussions about trading for Tebow.

Tebow could give the Jets a new dimension at quarterback to complement starter Mark Sanchez. Tebow could run the wildcat formation, a favorite of head coach Rex Ryan and new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.

A Post source said the Jets also think Tebow could have a positive effect in repairing their dysfunctional locker room.

The move would give the Jets a huge surge of interest. Members of the Jets organization have noticed what Jeremy Lin has done with the Knicks, and Tebow in New York could be even bigger.

FOX Sports reported Monday the Broncos had been quietly shopping Tebow since the NFL Scouting Combine in late February, trying to gauge interest around the league as they prepared to make a run for Manning.

Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway denied Tuesday having held formal talks with any team about the Heisman Trophy winner.

According to a close friend of Tebow, he prefers his next destination to be in Florida, where he came to fame playing for the Gators.

"Brad and I just had dinner with Tim last week and I don't think this comes as a shock or surprise to him that Manning was actually going to go there," Monica Culpepper, the wife of former NFL and Florida Gators player Brad Culpepper, told 970 WFLA radio in Tampa on Tuesday.

"And in all honesty, Tim said, 'I miss home. I miss the South. And hopefully I'll land somewhere in Florida.' "

The Jaguars are seen as a natural fit for the Jacksonville native and former Gators star, but the team has two quarterbacks in veteran Chad Henne and last year's 10th overall pick, Blaine Gabbert.

But the acquisition of the 24-year-old Tebow would surely energize a franchise that has struggled with attendance in recent years.

Tebow led the Broncos on an improbable run to the AFC West title and a playoff victory last season, but he is also a quarterback whose throwing ability is still a work in progress.

A 3rd would be good, expected a 4th though.

Thanks for info and link. A 3rd round pick for Tebow would be great. :D

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
3rd, Tebow, and #25 for Number 7 and we select: , Michael Floyd, wide receiver, Notre Dame.

Butler By'Note
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm sure if trade offers are similar Elway will ask Tebow which destination he prefers. If you remember back in the year of the QB documentary the Jets were a team interested in him in the draft process.

Sadly we didn't get that in Canada, just like we haven't gotten Hard Knocks (except for old reruns on the NFL network) yet.

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM
3rd, Tebow, and #25 for Number 7 and we select: , Michael Floyd, wide receiver, Notre Dame.

A) Your draft pick value chart is terribly inaccurate
B) Michael Floyd is not a top-10 prospect
C) We don't need a wide receiver in the 1st round

BluenOrnge4Life
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I would prefer we deal him to the NFC, but would like to see Tebow get a chance to start. I think he'll have that chance with Jacksonville & it's his hometown. He could save that franchise and I'll be rooting for him...

until he plays Denver.

ERoyal248
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for info and link. A 3rd round pick for Tebow would be great. :D

No problem.

Yes, it would, i figured a 4th, a 3rd would be great, if Elway gets a 2nd off Khan, he's better then i thought.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM

You can wipe your behind with your value chart.

Michael Floyd is a top 10 prospect, whether you want to believe it or not. He has surpassed every receiver, maybe with the exception of Blackmon, and many still think he'll be the better Pro player. For whoever else we could get in the spot, Floyd would be the best considering we have Peyton.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:20 PM

By the way, we didn't need a SAM linebacker second overall. hmmmmm :coffee:

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Michael Floyd is a top 10 prospect, whether you want to believe it or not. He has surpassed every receiver, maybe with the exception of Blackmon, and many still think he'll be the better Pro player. For whoever else we could get in the spot, Floyd would be the best considering we have Peyton.

Keep dreaming.

Hoserman117

First off, teams follow value charts pretty closely...

Secondly, I highly doubt you'll see Floyd go in the top 10. I think 18-25 is a more reliable bet. His off the field issues will hurt him, just like they did Dez Bryant.

ERoyal248

WR becomes less of a need with Peyton.

He makes no-namers look good, and i sure as heck wouldn't trade up for Floyd, i'll say that. Maybe Coples, pair him with Doom and Von, and that is scary.

Hoserman117
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM

Our FO clearly didn't view Miller as a typical SAM LB, we viewed him as a dominant pass rusher, which is something every team needs. There is no other way to view Floyd as anything but a WR.

ERoyal248
03-20-2012, 10:25 PM

We needed another pass rusher, look what happened when Doom went down, we were screwed in the butt.

And as i said, with Peyton, WR is less of a need since he makes no-namers look good.

If you're talking about Blackmon, count me in.

Hoserman117
03-20-2012, 10:27 PM

He makes no-namers look good, and i sure as heck wouldn't trade up for Floyd, i'll say that. Maybe Coples, pair him with Doom and Von, and that is scary.

I'd freak out if we got Coples. That'd be pure awesome.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:28 PM

I don't agree. We are more likely to go after receivers with Manning then with Tebow. We can't rely on Hill, Dell, and Willis to be our third guy in. A group of Floyd, Thomas, and Decker would be top 3 in the league. Especially if we get a tight end in here.

Our FO clearly didn't view Miller as a typical SAM LB, we viewed him as a dominant pass rusher, which is something every team needs. There is no other way to view Floyd as anything but a WR.

True, we drafted Miller because of his pass rushing ability and versatility, but mainly because the front office believed he would make a more immediate impact than anybody on the board. If we climbed to the Jaguars first pick we would probably have the same strategy. I think it would be between Coples and Floyd there. There's a small chance that Blackmon falls, but if he did he would be sick.

THEdraftnik
03-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I hope he goes to the Jets. They'll be happy with winning.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
I proposed Coples in another thread before I saw that post. He would be great kicking inside for Miller. Doom-Coples-whoever-Miller = greatness.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
I hope he goes to the Jets. They'll be happy with winning.

I don't, I don't think his personality matches Ryan's, but who knows, maybe they'll balance each other out nicely. Also, the Jets fans would stab Tebow for throwing 2 completions in a game.

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd freak out if we got Coples. That'd be pure awesome.

A great pass-rush does not necessarily mean a great defense.

Prime example is the Colts with Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. Their defenses are pretty terrible regardless of having those two pass-rushing monsters.

IMO, we should sit pat on #25 and draft a defensive tackle or tight end.

InElwayWeTrust
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM

Prime example is the Colts with Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. Their defenses are pretty terrible regardless of having those two pass-rushing monsters.

Fletcher Cox would be awesome! With how impressive his combine was I don't know if he will be there at 25 though. :(

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:36 PM

Or we could get up there and get Poe. Coples would help our run defense too, IMO. The Colts are a bad example to compare with our defense, I think we just have more talent throughout, especially if we resign Bunkley.

Plus, we already match Mathis and Freeney, we just need an interior pass rusher, and Coples can be that man.

Hoserman117
03-20-2012, 10:38 PM

I agree a great pass-rush does not mean a great defense, but I don't think you need a "great" defense to win anymore, especially if you have Manning. If you have a sick front 7 that can make QB's want to cry (Giants) you can take down any team.

Besides, it's not like Coples is a pure pass rusher. He can easily play DE, and is a very stout run defender from that spot.

one5beast
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Kind of funny seeing this because a week ago I went to the Jags board to see if they were talking about Tebow (they always do) and most posters laughed at the idea of them trading for Tebow. And it would never happen. :laugh:

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree a great pass-rush does not mean a great defense, but I don't think you need a "great" defense to win anymore, especially if you have Manning. If you have a sick front 7 that can make QB's want to cry (Giants) you can take down any team.

True, but most "sick front 7" have a good defensive tackle ;)

Bunkley is visiting with the Saints tonight, so if we happen to lose him via free agency, I think it's a no-brainer to go defensive tackle.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:41 PM

Same with Houston, they have talent across the board, but no star pass rushers.

The lineup includes Connor Barwin (11 sack range), Antonio Smith (underrated 5 tech), JJ Watt, Shaun Cody, Brian Cushing, and Brooks Reed. We should do something like them, and add more pieces to the interior to make our outside rushers more effective.

Hoserman117
03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
True, but most "sick front 7" have a good defensive tackle ;)

Bunkley is visiting with the Saints tonight, so if we happen to lose him via free agency, I think it's a no-brainer to go defensive tackle.

I'm honestly not even sure if I view Coples as a DT. At the 285 range he could very easily play DE. I think his best position is at DT, but he's versatile enough to be used at both spots.

THEdraftnik
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't, I don't think his personality matches Ryan's, but who knows, maybe they'll balance each other out nicely. Also, the Jets fans would stab Tebow for throwing 2 completions in a game.

Tebow just needs some love. Rex is a players coach.

BroncoFanBoy
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm hoping it's to the Jaguars. Lower third.

BigEyedPhish
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Tebow for Maurice Jones-Drew pls..

bahaha

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm honestly not even sure if I view Coples as a DT. At the 285 range he could very easily play DE. I think his best position is at DT, but he's versatile enough to be used at both spots.

Coples isn't a defensive tackle. That's crazy talk.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM

That's true, he's a defensive end. But back when MUG temporarily returned for some draft talk, he said that Coples is the best interior pass rusher in the draft. He's the one that brought it to my eyes, then I looked into it, and he was right. He would be versatile, and would probably take Ayers' job as a DE and kick inside on pass rushing downs.

We could have Dumervil - Coples - Ayers - Miller on passing downs. That's Giants like right there.

Here's some video of Coples strictly playing inside, due to depth issues. It's from 2010, but still serves it's purpose.

UBLY_-j0ntU

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Imagine the various stunts and blitzes we can have with a front four featuring Coples. We can bring DJ on blitzes and even move Miller around. Del Rio and Fox wouldn't go home to their wives at night, drawing up stunts and coverages to coordinate.

MHS
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd like tebow to go to jax and bring some life into that franchise and sorry moving up to 7 will cost at least 2 firsts ( look at the falcons trade for comparison)

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I'd like tebow to go to jax and bring some life into that franchise and sorry moving up to 7 will cost at least 2 firsts ( look at the falcons trade for comparison)

In the situation I gave I said if we get Khan against the wall. I wouldn't doubt that we could pull that off at all, maybe, and MAYBE, we change the third rounder to a second. Tebow+2nd+25 overall would most definitely get the job done.

MHS
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
In the situation I gave I said if we get Khan against the wall. I wouldn't doubt that we could pull that off at all, maybe, and MAYBE, we change the third rounder to a second. Tebow+2nd+25 overall would most definitely get the job done.

I think it would cost our 25th pick, our 2012 first round and tebow at minimum.

Khan wants tebow but I'm sure his staff is helping him determine propper value for tebow so it won't be Denver 'owning' the jags, unless they really are desperate

Khan is an amazing business man and knows how to make money, I feel that is his biggest interest in tebow

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 11:07 PM
I think it would cost our 25th pick, our 2012 first round and tebow at minimum.

Khan wants tebow but I'm sure his staff is helping him determine propper value for tebow so it won't be Denver 'owning' the jags, unless they really are desperate

Khan is an amazing business man and knows how to make money, I feel that is his biggest interest in tebow

If we offer Jacksonville a 1, 2, and Tebow, the only way they would say no would be from a leverage standpoint. If we walk away at that point, they would come calling. Tebow makes too much sense in Jacksonville, they have the run game, defense, and NEED ticket sells. Khan is a business man. Trading for Tebow would be a business move.

MHS
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
If we offer Jacksonville a 1, 2, and Tebow, the only way they would say no would be from a leverage standpoint. If we walk away at that point, they would come calling. Tebow makes too much sense in Jacksonville, they have the run game, defense, and NEED ticket sells. Khan is a business man. Trading for Tebow would be a business move.

Agreed it would be a business move but I don't feel they are willing at all costs to get tebow. Looks like we shall see tomorrow

theshiverman
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM
I hope Tebow is traded to the Jags, sending him home would be a nice thing for the guy and his fans in that state, id hate to see him go to the Jets and be subjected to that disfunctional Team.

broncojuan
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Elway's starting point should be Blaine Gabbert and a 2nd, his ending point should be Blaine Gabbert and a 4th. If he doesn't get that he should sit on him, it will only cost $800,000.

BroncoooJohnson
03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Elway's starting point should be Blaine Gabbert and a 2nd, his ending point should be Blaine Gabbert and a 4th. If he doesn't get that he should sit on him, it will only cost $800,000.

I wouldn't take Blaine Gabbert as valued higher than a 4th. Gabbert is really not good, he's 6'4, pretty, and has a good arm. That's it.

hijinx
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM

That seems a tad aggressive.

Who knows... maybe since the owner is making the decision, it will be a hasty one.

EDIT: Gabbert and a 4th... That sounds like a decent deal. I'd be happy to get a second by itself. To add a backup, too? That would be fantastic.

HavoK471
03-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't take Blaine Gabbert as valued higher than a 4th. Gabbert is really not good, he's 6'4, pretty, and has a good arm. That's it.
Sunshine could probably develop after a few years but I'm not too big of a fan

I imagine the FO wants to pick up their own young QB though

itswutz4dinna
03-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Whitehurst got a 3rd.

If Tebow gets us a 3rd or lower and works out somewhere, we're not gonna be happy when Manning retires.

broncojuan
03-20-2012, 11:58 PM
That seems a tad aggressive.

Who knows... maybe since the owner is making the decision, it will be a hasty one.

EDIT: Gabbert and a 4th... That sounds like a decent deal. I'd be happy to get a second by itself. To add a backup, too? That would be fantastic.

Maybe a little, but I think that guy is more desperate to fill his stadium than we are to trade Tebow. To me , this gives us a back-up (and a good prospect who could be good in a couple years) and a pick that could help right away. Plus it doesn't make any sense for them to have two young project QBs.

BroncoooJohnson
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Maybe a little, but I think that guy is more desperate to fill his stadium than we are to trade Tebow. To me , this gives us a back-up (and a good prospect who could be good in a couple years) and a pick that could help right away. Plus it doesn't make any sense for them to have two young project QBs.

Do you know Gabbert's contract details? I'm not sure, but he was a top 10 pick.

broncojuan
03-21-2012, 12:13 AM

Not right off the top of my head, but he was drafted under the current CBA, so it could be reasonable.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 05:31 AM

"On April 28, 2011 Gabbert was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft with the 10th overall pick. Jacksonville traded up six spots with the Washington Redskins to select Gabbert"

Not right off the top of my head, but he was drafted under the current CBA, so it could be reasonable.

According to Rotoworld:

7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $12 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $7.228 million signing bonus. 2012: $920,529, 2013: $1,466,058, 2014: $2,011,587, 2015: Free Agent

-Rod-
03-21-2012, 05:46 AM
I'd rather make a trade with Chad Henne in the package. Henne is 26 years old. He is younger and much better than Brady Quinn, for example. The depth chart would look good with Manning and Henne.

LegionOfVonDoom
03-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Steven Mills ‏ @noktral

Expect a lot of #Tebow chatter today, and if the offer is reasonable to #Broncos front office..maybe even a trade. #Jets #Browns #Jags #Pats

the0rangecrush
03-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Tebow for Wilkerson get it done EFX

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Tania Ganguli ‏ @taniaganguli
Report from Orlando is false. Shad Khan was not negotiating with Tebow's representatives last night (or ever). Tebow's reps haven't spoken to any other teams about Tebow. Eventually they might ask to, but trade talks are in very early stages. #Jaguars

mike freeman ‏ @realfreemancbs
And, just like with Peyton Manning, there's supposedly a surprise team in the mix for Tebow.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 06:06 AM
mike freeman ‏ @realfreemancbs
And, just like with Peyton Manning, there's supposedly a surprise team in the mix for Tebow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/four-teams-in-the-mix-for-tebow/

Four teams in the mix for Tebow

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 1:11 AM EDT

Getty Images
Itís now a given that Tim Tebow will be traded. The question remains where.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, four teams currently are in the running: the Jaguars, the Jets, the Packers, and an unknown (for now) candidate.

The source said the mystery team could be the Dolphins. Despite reports that the Dolphins arenít interested, the theory is that those reports are coming from G.M. Jeff Ireland, who doesnít want Tebow. Itís believed that owner Stephen Ross and team president Mike Dee are very interested in bringing Tebowmania to South Florida.

In Jacksonville, the split of opinion could be getting smoothing over. G.M. Gene Smith originally didnít want Tebow, owner Shad Khan does, and there are indications that Smith is coming around.

The Jets, weíre told, are on the same page from front office to their coaching staff regarding their interest in Tebow, who would assume the Brad Smith role in the teamís offense. Depending on the manner in which starter Mark Sanchez plays, Tebow could be in line for even more.

In Green Bay, the problem becomes that Tebow would never see the field. With the league MVP at starting quarterback, it makes no sense to move Aaron Rodgers to the sidelines, even for one snap per game.

Regardless of how it all turns out, hereís hoping the Broncos include Tebow in the discussions, sending him to the team for which he wants to play. V.P. of football operations John Elway said in January that Tebow has earned the right to be the starting quarterback entering training camp. Though Elway necessarily wonít honor that commitment, Elway needs to remember that, but for Tebowís performance down the stretch, the Broncos could have finished the season with the kind of record that never would have attracted Peyton Manning to town.

Yes, Tebow set the table for Manningís arrival. The least the Broncos can do is ensure that Tebow will have some say regarding the next place he could end up being the meal ticket.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 06:09 AM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jimmy-fallons-tebowie-croons-peyton-manning-inspired-ziggy-stardust-remake/

kingelway7
03-21-2012, 06:17 AM
John Clayton says we wont get anything better than a 5th round pick for Tebow.

fraguela09
03-21-2012, 06:26 AM
John Clayton says we wont get anything better than a 5th round pick for Tebow.

Excellent. That means we'll end up with a 2nd this year, a player from the team that trades for Tebow, plus a 4th next year. Clayton is wrong all the time.

Jags owner has already taken over the negotiations himself. NYJ seem interested. 2-3 other teams. A market has developed. GMs will tell the turtle that the going rate for Tebow is a 5th, b/c they want to grab Tim on the cheap.

Xanders pretty much squashed that notion. Tim was a first round pick, he turned the team around and won a playoff game, and he comes cheap (basically 2 mil a year for next 3 years). It's practically risk-free.

Jags need the buzz. Jets want Tebow to clean up the locker room (and their new OC is the man who brought the wildcat to the NFL). Jags owner & Woody Johnson, if they both want Tebow, will engage in a bidding war.

I wouldn't think multiple 1st round picks... But D-RYans just netted a 4th, and he played in half the def. snaps last season.

Oilersfan34
03-21-2012, 07:28 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/four-teams-in-the-mix-for-tebow/

Four teams in the mix for Tebow

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 1:11 AM EDT

Getty Images
Itís now a given that Tim Tebow will be traded. The question remains where.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, four teams currently are in the running: the Jaguars, the Jets, the Packers, and an unknown (for now) candidate.

The source said the mystery team could be the Dolphins. Despite reports that the Dolphins arenít interested, the theory is that those reports are coming from G.M. Jeff Ireland, who doesnít want Tebow. Itís believed that owner Stephen Ross and team president Mike Dee are very interested in bringing Tebowmania to South Florida.

In Jacksonville, the split of opinion could be getting smoothing over. G.M. Gene Smith originally didnít want Tebow, owner Shad Khan does, and there are indications that Smith is coming around.

The Jets, weíre told, are on the same page from front office to their coaching staff regarding their interest in Tebow, who would assume the Brad Smith role in the teamís offense. Depending on the manner in which starter Mark Sanchez plays, Tebow could be in line for even more.

In Green Bay, the problem becomes that Tebow would never see the field. With the league MVP at starting quarterback, it makes no sense to move Aaron Rodgers to the sidelines, even for one snap per game.

Regardless of how it all turns out, hereís hoping the Broncos include Tebow in the discussions, sending him to the team for which he wants to play. V.P. of football operations John Elway said in January that Tebow has earned the right to be the starting quarterback entering training camp. Though Elway necessarily wonít honor that commitment, Elway needs to remember that, but for Tebowís performance down the stretch, the Broncos could have finished the season with the kind of record that never would have attracted Peyton Manning to town.

Yes, Tebow set the table for Manningís arrival. The least the Broncos can do is ensure that Tebow will have some say regarding the next place he could end up being the meal ticket.

The broncos paid tebow to play here. He agreed to it. Did the best he could. They owe him nothing. Elway doesn't work for tebow... He works for the broncos. His JOB is to make the broncos better which means he needs to send tebow to whoever will give him the best shot at improving the team.

kingelway7
03-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: The Tebow news is leaking out (Jets have upped offer!)

ERoyal248
03-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Josh Sanchez ‏ @jnsanchez

Denver wants to move on from this drama quickly. Also heard the Jaguars would be willing to trade a 3rd-round pick or conditional 4th.

@VicLombardi I've heard JAX for a 3rd-----they'd take that right now

kingelway7
03-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Josh Sanchez ‏ @jnsanchez

Denver wants to move on from this drama quickly. Also heard the Jaguars would be willing to trade a 3rd-round pick or conditional 4th.

@VicLombardi I've heard JAX for a 3rd-----they'd take that right now

I understand wanting to move on but just dumping Tebow because you wanna move on ASAP is just stupid. I wouldnt take any less than a 3rd Rounder, preferably a 2nd Rounder.

SuperTebowl #15
03-21-2012, 07:48 AM
If we trade Tim Tebow it would be the biggest catastrophe in franchise history! If Manning doesn't win anything less than a SB it was a failure! And Tebow goes to another team and wins John Elway better crawl into a hole like Saddam Hussein... Keep Tebow let him learn from Peyton and Elway and then he starts at 27 years old. It's a perfect scenario. I just don't get the logic in trading him? It makes absolutely no sense at all!

getlynched47
03-21-2012, 07:50 AM
I understand wanting to move on but just dumping Tebow because you wanna move on ASAP is just stupid. I wouldnt take any less than a 3rd Rounder, preferably a 2nd Rounder.

Anything above a 4th round pick would be another Tim Tebow miracle.

ERoyal248
03-21-2012, 07:52 AM

There is reason no one is offering the farm for him.

A 3rd rounder would be a steal, a 2nd would be highway robbery, i expected a 4th from the start.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I whole heatedly hope he does not end up on the Jets.

@incarceratedbob seems to be leaning towards Jets the most.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Joel Klatt ‏ @joelklatt
Talking with a Florida columnist who has told us that the trade is not on with JAX

kingelway7
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Joel Klatt ‏ @joelklatt
Talking with a Florida columnist who has told us that the trade is not on with JAX

The trade is not with JAX...? Whats that supposed to mean exactly, that Tebow has been traded?

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 08:02 AM
The trade is not with JAX...? Whats that supposed to mean exactly, that Tebow has been traded?

I took it as Jax is not talking a trade for Tebow. Personally I think there is a TON of misinformation being "leaked". Watch it end up being some team never mentioned.

-Rod-
03-21-2012, 08:02 AM
If we trade Tim Tebow it would be the biggest catastrophe in franchise history!

This kind of reaction from his fans is one of the reasons why the Broncos must trade Tebow as soon as possible.

kingelway7
03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Watch it end up being some team never mentioned.

Ya, Im waiting for the headline "Tim Tebow has been traded to the Baltimore Raves"

ERoyal248
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
This kind of reaction from his fans is one of the reasons why the Broncos must trade Tebow as soon as possible.

Pretty much, too much of a media frenzy if they kept Tebow as well as Peyton.

They don't wanna answer Tebow questions every day.

fairweatherh8r
03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
If we trade Tim Tebow it would be the biggest catastrophe in franchise history! If Manning doesn't win anything less than a SB it was a failure! And Tebow goes to another team and wins John Elway better crawl into a hole like Saddam Hussein... Keep Tebow let him learn from Peyton and Elway and then he starts at 27 years old. It's a perfect scenario. I just don't get the logic in trading him? It makes absolutely no sense at all!to be blunt, people like you are the reason Tebow will not be a Bronco.

AC1
03-21-2012, 08:09 AM
I took it as Jax is not talking a trade for Tebow. Personally I think there is a TON of misinformation being "leaked". Watch it end up being some team never mentioned.

My sleeper bet is the Eagles. Heck, if I'm Tebow, I'd pay to go play behind Vick and for Andy Reid. It's the best team he can hope to land on and with the number of hits VIck takes, he's likely to get a lot of snaps.

MorenoFan27
03-21-2012, 08:10 AM
to be blunt, people like you are the reason Tebow will not be a Bronco.

Exactly. Tebow first fans are the reason he will not be here. Chances are he won't win a Superbowl with another team. I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery. Drafting a rookie this draft like Foles to learn under Manning will be fine.

ERoyal248
03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Exactly. Tebow first fans are the reason he will not be here. Chances are he won't win a Superbowl with another team. I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery. Drafting a rookie this draft like Foles to learn under Manning will be fine.

Waste pick, with Manning, we're all-in, need to fill our needs, wouldn't hate Foles, but in the 2nd, too high when we need to fill other holes.

Maybe a QB next year.

Sign a vet.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM
My sleeper bet is the Eagles. Heck, if I'm Tebow, I'd pay to go play behind Vick and for Andy Reid. It's the best team he can hope to land on and with the number of hits VIck takes, he's likely to get a lot of snaps.

Makes sense to me football wise. The fans will tear him apart though.

Caliraiderhater
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Instead of just a 3rd, I would hope they work something out like Tebow to the Jags for a 6th and swap 2nd's, that would give us the 39th pick in the draft instead of the 57th!

Ok I know its probably a pipe dream but what can I say, I'm an optimist!

BroncoooJohnson
03-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Instead of just a 3rd, I would hope they work something out like Tebow to the Jags for a 6th and swap 2nd's, that would give us the 39th pick in the draft instead of the 57th!

Ok I know its probably a pipe dream but what can I say, I'm an optimist!

I don't even think we'd have to give up the sixth to swap second round picks.

BroncoooJohnson
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
A factor that I don't think people realize about Tebow's trade value: True, he isn't a great passer, but any team that is seriously interested in getting him SERIOUSLY wants him. A team isn't about to let the trade get away because of a mid round pick.

fraguela09
03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
A factor that I don't think people realize about Tebow's trade value: True, he isn't a great passer, but any team that is seriously interested in getting him SERIOUSLY wants him. A team isn't about to let the trade get away because of a mid round pick.

1. Smart football people look beyond the hype and they do see that Tebow has value. SOme see him contributing in the wildcat, others in speciality packages, others just b/c of his talent & potential, and some probably as a QB.

2. Just by Tebow learning to dump the ball off to a RB, instead of trying to extend every play or running the ball himself, will help morph his stats from a 10-21 for 185 yards into 15-26 for 230 yards. Tim leaves about 5 completions on the field every game b/c he tries for the HR every down.

3. He costs next to nothing and is under team control for 3 yrs. He's already proven himself capable of turning things around, playing well under pressure and won a playoff game.

4. He was a first round pick.

5. Multiple teams are chasing him.

If PHI swapped 3rd round picks & gave HOU it's 4th for a MLB who played 50% of the snaps... Well, the bar starts at swapping 2nds, and giving me your third. I'll take 2 picks, a high pick and a player... That sort of thing.

MorenoFan27
03-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Waste pick, with Manning, we're all-in, need to fill our needs, wouldn't hate Foles, but in the 2nd, too high when we need to fill other holes.

Maybe a QB next year.

Sign a vet.

Foles is a projected 3rd/4th round pick. Not bad, especially if we get a 3rd for Tebow. We will be drafting a Qb sometime during this draft.

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 08:33 AM

Maybe a QB next year.

Sign a vet.

Foles is a projected 3rd/4th round pick. Not bad, especially if we get a 3rd for Tebow. We will be drafting a Qb sometime during this draft.

Saw this on twitter

@evansilva: Source at Arizona Pro Day to @RobRang on Nick Foles: "He was terrible. He couldn't throw a spiral." http://bit.ly/GCsYd3

NFL scouts were reportedly unimpressed by Arizona QB Nick Foles at the Wildcats' Tuesday Pro Day.
"[Foles] was terrible. He couldn't throw a spiral," said one source. "Obviously, the weather conditions played a part in that but in reality, it only accentuated that he couldn't throw a spiral." The Arizona Pro Day was held indoors on a carpet, which may have affected the former Wildcats. However, WR Juron Criner earned positive buzz for a 4.52 forty, up from his 4.68 at the Combine. Both Arizona alums project as early third-day draft picks.

BroncoooJohnson
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
1. Smart football people look beyond the hype and they do see that Tebow has value. SOme see him contributing in the wildcat, others in speciality packages, others just b/c of his talent & potential, and some probably as a QB.

2. Just by Tebow learning to dump the ball off to a RB, instead of trying to extend every play or running the ball himself, will help morph his stats from a 10-21 for 185 yards into 15-26 for 230 yards. Tim leaves about 5 completions on the field every game b/c he tries for the HR every down.

3. He costs next to nothing and is under team control for 3 yrs. He's already proven himself capable of turning things around, playing well under pressure and won a playoff game.

4. He was a first round pick.

5. Multiple teams are chasing him.

If PHI swapped 3rd round picks & gave HOU it's 4th for a MLB who played 50% of the snaps... Well, the bar starts at swapping 2nds, and giving me your third. I'll take 2 picks, a high pick and a player... That sort of thing.

I agree. The fanbase factor would be HUGE for Jacksonville, and Tebow would be the talk of the town. People who consider themselves "realists" and disagree are being stubborn, 15 jerseys flying off the shelves and all of those empty seats being filled would be huge for Jacksonville. They just might rename their stadium the swamp.

As far as the Jets, as well as the Jags to an extent, I'm sure the coaching staff feels like they can make Tebow productive as a passer. I was scouring the Jets forums, and one fan who wants Tebow suggested that Sparano would use him in sub packages, and keep him looking over Sanchez's shoulder as the backup quarterback, so that if he performs like he did last season again he would be benched. Same can go for Jacksonville with whatever quarterback they have, if Tebow doesn't take the job.

AC1
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Makes sense to me football wise. The fans will tear him apart though.

I don't know about that. The backup QB is the most popular guy in town. And Reid will be very good for Tebow.

As for the fans, Tebow will have his loyal legion following him there. He'll be fine

fraguela09
03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
I agree. The fanbase factor would be HUGE for Jacksonville, and Tebow would be the talk of the town. People who consider themselves "realists" and disagree are being stubborn, 15 jerseys flying off the shelves and all of those empty seats being filled would be huge for Jacksonville. They just might rename their stadium the swamp.

As far as the Jets, as well as the Jags to an extent, I'm sure the coaching staff feels like they can make Tebow productive as a passer. I was scouring the Jets forums, and one fan who wants Tebow suggested that Sparano would use him in sub packages, and keep him looking over Sanchez's shoulder as the backup quarterback, so that if he performs like he did last season again he would be benched. Same can go for Jacksonville with whatever quarterback they have, if Tebow doesn't take the job.

Both teams understand there's football value on the field here:

1) Jets hired former MIA HC Sparano. Tebow would be his Wildcat QB, which he ran with such success with the dolphins.

2) Jags have MJD. Imagine what rushing potential there is with MJD-TT? Sign Bush and get a blocking FB. Have 2 big blocking TE or OT line up outside the LT/RT, with Bush, MJD & a FB in the option behind Tebow.

fraguela09
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't know about that. The backup QB is the most popular guy in town. And Reid will be very good for Tebow.

As for the fans, Tebow will have his loyal legion following him there. He'll be fine

Marty Mornhinweg is in PHI too. Perfect for Tebow. But they just swapped 3rd rounders, and gave HOU their 4th for Demeco Ryans.

Holger_Danske
03-21-2012, 09:01 AM

Tebow is money in the bank for the right team (Jax).

BluenOrnge4Life
03-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I hope he goes to Jacksonville for his own sake and for the sake of that franchise. I think it will be entertaining tv to see him as a Jet though.

The first bad series from Sanchez will bring on the infamous Tebow chants and I will laugh. If Rex can't see that, then he must not really want Sanchez or is more in love with the spotlight than even we thought.

I personally think Sanchez has been holding that team back for years, so maybe it's the right situation for Tebow to step into and have a chance to succeed.

Q!!
03-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Tebow is money in the bank for the right team (Jax).

OMG!!!! Your everywhere. Well except HBH. :coffee:

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
wow

Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi
Add the St Louis Rams as a team strongly interested in trading for Tim Tebow

kingelway7
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
wow

Interesting...

jetdrumz
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer Reply Retweet Favorite ∑ Open
Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow

RustyGator
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
wow

They must have just gotten tape of the 2008 National Championship game. lol. Just kidding.

getlynched47
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM

Wow.

I thought John Elway said he's going to put Tim Tebow in a good situation to succeed with his next team.

That's screwed up.

MorenoFan27
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Wow.

I thought John Elway said he's going to put Tim Tebow in a good situation to succeed with his next team.

That's screwed up.

Its a business...damn people! And he can succeed there, Sachez sucks...plus Ryan gives confidence to all his players

Pruke
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM

Culture collision, here we come...

BluenOrnge4Life
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM

wow.... get your popcorn ready people.

BluenOrnge4Life
03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Wow.

That's screwed up.

Broncos have to do what's best for this team. Blame Jax for not having the guts to give up a 3rd to potentially save their franchise.

ERoyal248

A 4th is about what i figured...

Best of luck Tim.

RustyGator
Wow. Crazy. I don't think it's the WORST spot Tebow could be in. Miami didn't want him and they suck all around. Jax didn't want him and theyre an awful team. Tebow never would have played in Green Bay. Could have been a worse spot.

Now we see what Sanchez is really made of

ERoyal248
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Wow.

That's screwed up.

If that was the best offer, then no.

If the Jags didn't offer much, then this is the best move for the BRONCOS.

Pruke
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
A 4th is about what i figured...

Best of luck Tim.

It's actually not all that bad - this draft has some depth

Hoserman117
03-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I was hoping for a 3rd. Either way, I think the Jets are idiots for making this trade. Sanchez is going to get owned by the media and fans if he doesn't morph into Drew Brees overnight.

Pruke
03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
4 & 6th for TT & 7th?

Charlie Brown
03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
http://www.dawgtalkers.net/images/graemlins/not_ripe.gif

See?

I told everyone he wouldn't be a Brown!

RustyGator
03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
I was hoping for a 3rd. Either way, I think the Jets are idiots for making this trade. Sanchez is going to get owned by the media and fans if he doesn't morph into Drew Brees overnight.

Very true statement. Which makes me happy as a Tebow fan. Hopefully Tebow will get to start sooner rather than later. I'm a believer.

BroncoFanBoy
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.dawgtalkers.net/images/graemlins/not_ripe.gif

See?

I told everyone he wouldn't be a Brown!

I didn't think the Browns would be interested in trading for him. They did pass on him in 2010, and I believe they said they didn't like him. I could be mistaken though.