PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Ubaldo Total Bush League

Atwnbroncfan
04-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Just nailed Tulo in the back. And if Im reading tweets right he just rushed Tulo at the plate.

Hey Ublado you were only good for half of one season. Your about as emotionally stable as a 13 year old girl.

Scutaro got Ubadldo. Tulo pacing by the Indians' dugout. Weinstein talking to Cle coach. Ubaldo hit him in back and raced toward plate

https://twitter.com/#!/TroyRenck

BroncoFanBoy
04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
From what Tulo then said, "He needs to put an end to this. Go pitch and help his team. Now his team is questioning him."

Glad he's no longer a Rockie. He should know better than that.

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Man, what a punk. After how low key he was here, that was the last thing you would expect.

Anyone have a vid of it? Im on my phone.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Haha. That's funny.

So glad we got rid of him, he sucked last year anyways.

And he's so emotionally unstable. He's a baby who always pouts.

CoryWinget81
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
No videos. I don't think they were broadcasting the game.

I was very upset with trading Ubaldo. The more I learn about him, however, the less upset I am.

Complete and total bush.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Can't throw strike?

Pout, and give up 7.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 03:49 PM
When asked directly if he hit Tulo on purpose, Ubaldo said, "No. The thing that got it started was that he was calling me out (from the batter's box). I mean I am a man. He was calling me a chicken.''

You are hardly a man Baldo....you are more emotionally unstable than a chick.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. A war of words turned ugly today as the Indians' Ubaldo Jimenez hit Rockies' shortstop Troy Tulowitzki in the left elbow with a fastball on the first pitch of his at-bat.

Tulowitzki left the game with the injury, prompting concern that he might not be ready for opening day this Friday in Houston. He was taken to local hospital for precautionary X-rays on his left elbow. Those X-rays were negative, meaning there was no structural damage.

After hitting Tulowitzki in his first at-bat, Jimenez raced toward the plate, motioning with his arms multiple times for Tulowitzki to come toward him. Teammates on both sides quickly got between the players as benches emptied. Tulowitzki exited the game for a pinch-runner. And Jimenez was not ejected, though the Rockies are expected to call the commissioner's office and request a suspension.

After Cleveland initially said Jimenez would not talk about his outing, the pitcher did speak after the game. Jimenez said he didn't intentionally hit Tulowitzki.

"He is one of the best hitters in the game. I tried to get inside on him. It was a pitch taht got away. That happens in about a thousand games," Jimenez said.

He added:
"The thing that got started was, he was calling me out (from the batters box). I mean, I'm a man. If somebody calls me out, I have to go. He was calling me chicken. He was calling me names," Jimenez said.

Losing Tulowitzki to the disabled list would be a potentially crippling blow for the Rockies. He's finished in the Top-10 in the MVP three times and has won back-to-back Gold Gloves. There was no update on his condition through the fourth inning.

Typically following a spring training game, the starting pitcher meets with the press after he finishes pitching.

Jimenez has expressed his anger toward the Rockies this spring, admitting that he felt underappreciated last season because he was not awarded a contract extension like Tulowitzki (seven years, $134.5 million) and Carlos Gonzalez (seven years, $80 milllion). He told CBS Sportsline a few weeks ago that being in Cleveland was like "heaven."

Tulowitzki responded in The Denver Post 10 days ago, saying, "If someone doesn't want to be here we always say, 'Please, go up to the manager and tell him you want to leave or that you don't think this is the best place for you.' That was kind of the case with him."

Saturday night, Rockies manager Jim Tracy discussed the bad blood between Jimenez and the Rockies, saying he hoped the issue would just fade away.
"Go back to 2007, go back to 2009 and go back to the first half of 2010, there were some special days out there on the field with him on the mound," Tracy said. "I just really wish that all the other stuff. ... Let's get that put to bed, because it's not doing anybody any good. It was over and done with at the end of July last year. Everybody needs to move on."

The Rockies nosedived out of contention last May as Jimenez struggled with injuries and command. He went on the disabled list with a thumb cuticle problem in April, and didn't win his first game of the season until the end of May. Late that month, general manager Dan O'Dowd questioned Jimenez's desire and told him if that he wanted to get a new deal or be traded that he would have to perform better.

"There were too many things last year. There were people saying I probably wasn't ready because of the contract (because he went to Europe for two weeks before spring training and didn't pitch in winterball). ... But I know what I did. I know how hard I worked to get ready every single day," Jimenez said.
The Rockies, feeling that Jimenez was trending downward and had lost the respect of several teammates, traded the right-handed ace to Cleveland for four players, including pitchers Drew Pomeranz and Alex White.

Tulowitzki was incensed when Jimenez criticized the Rockies this spring, believing he should have addressed the matter in-house when he was still with the team.

"For him to come out and badmouth an organization that I have a lot of respect for and take a lot of pride in being here, yeah, you are going to be upset. You don't spend the portion of your career with a team then the next year come out and say something," Tulowitzki told The Post. "I would have addressed my teammates directly (last year) and handled it from there because we were all wondering what was going on."

"Without a doubt we asked him what was going on. It never came up that it was his contract. If you can't get something out of someone when you ask them, then what are you going to do?"
Rockies' veteran Jason Giambi was among several teammates who reached out to Jimenez last season. It wasn't just that Jimenez was struggling. He was the team's best pitcher and couldn't win against even marginal opponents, directly affecting the team's psychology.

"I asked him repeatedly if he was hurt. What was wrong. He said it was nothing. So then you start to think a guy is just shutting it down," Giambi told The Post.

Read more: Ubaldo Jimenez drills Troy Tulowitzki, benches clear, Tulo leaves with elbow injury - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20303434/ubaldo-jimenez-drills-troy-tulowitzki-benches-clear-tulo-leaves-elbow-injury#ixzz1qpdszOyr

Atwnbroncfan
04-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Look at MLBs tweet about the situation. Said ubaldo hit Tulo then. Tulo charged and left the game. What a terrible spin to save another east coast team.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Man I wish Tulo could've kicked his ass and not missed any games :P

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0401/mlb_a_rockies_gb1_300.jpg

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Jim Tracy "that's most gutless act I've seen in 35 years in pro ball. I have lost all respect for (Ubaldo)"

That is a HUGE statement coming from the nicest coach in baseball.

The Experience
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I just feel sorry for Ubaldo, he obviously has something wrong with him psychologically.

Completely uncalled for....

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Jim Tracy dropped more expletives in last 7 mins than has in past 3 years. He demanded that Ubaldo be suspended.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
According to Tracy Ringolsby commissioner Selig was at game today. So there's zero chance ubadlo avoids suspension IMO

https://twitter.com/#!/TroyRenck

getlynched47
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Best April Fools beef ever.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Troy Tulowitzki adamant that he's not going to miss any time. Elbow sore. But said opening day not in jeopardy.

elway93
04-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Instant Karma's gonna get you. Hopefully in the form of a line drive to the knee.

InsaneBlaze23
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Article from Yahoo sports on it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AtvhSgZaV26SP_3eogG6d6o5nYcB?gid=320401 127

I'd post the article, but I'm feeling lazy tonight.

BroncoFanBoy
04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Instant Karma's gonna get you. Hopefully in the form of a line drive to the knee.

I used to be interested in trying out pitching, and I threw batting practice for friends, but then I took a line drive to the knee.

(sorry, I had to say that :laugh:)

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Hahahahahahaha.

Ubaldo deleted his twitter after that.

What a wuss.

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Hahahahahahaha.

Ubaldo deleted his twitter after that.

What a wuss.

:laugh: Darn! I was going to ask him if Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn was his hero.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 10:15 PM
:laugh: Darn! I was going to ask him if Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn was his hero.

Haha.

I grilled him real good today.

I even pissed off Mark Kizsla :)

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Haha.

I grilled him real good today.

I even pissed off Mark Kizsla :)

Was Kiz defending him?

Atwnbroncfan
04-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Ubaldo doesn't even have command on acting tuff.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Was Kiz defending him?

Hahaha, what do you think, Kiz is a moron :P

But yes....he said Tulo was just as much to blame....then he kept retweeting morons who said "should've taken care of Baldo and not Tulo" and ripping on Tulo.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Ubaldo doesn't even have command on acting tuff.

Hahaha. Zing.

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Hahaha, what do you think, Kiz is a moron :P

But yes....he said Tulo was just as much to blame....then he kept retweeting morons who said "should've taken care of Baldo and not Tulo" and ripping on Tulo.

Yea I just read his twitter. That guy is a total woohoo. Sad part is he knows he is acting like one and does it for the attention.

Troll of the sports world if you ask me.

I'm thinking Ubaldo will get a 5 game suspension, but that might be the best week the Indians have this year.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Yea I just read his twitter. That guy is a total woohoo. Sad part is he knows he is acting like one and does it for the attention.

Troll of the sports world if you ask me.

I'm thinking Ubaldo will get a 5 game suspension, but that might be the best week the Indians have this year.

Hahaha, yup, I saw he retweeted someone who said that too. Bigger punishment is the Indians being stuck with Baldo for the extra 5 games. :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 11:38 PM
But man....watching Tulo's interview....it just reminded me how smug he is. He just perfectly lives up to the stereo typical joke....he's arrogant and just comes off as a punk.

Can see why people aren't really fond of him because of that...

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2012, 11:53 PM
But man....watching Tulo's interview....it just reminded me how smug he is. He just perfectly lives up to the stereo typical joke....he's arrogant and just comes off as a punk.

Can see why people aren't really fond of him because of that...

Agreed. I love Tulo, but he rubs some people the wrong way with his demeanor and I can see why.

Broncoholic3233
04-01-2012, 11:57 PM
But damn if I didn't gain some respect for Tracy.

I always thought, and still do for now, that he is just too soft and kind to be a big league manager.

But MAN! He laid into Baldo today, after reading Renck's column, I gained some more respect for him. As Renck tweeted, I think Tracy used more expletives in those 5 minutes than he has in 2 years.

CoryWinget81
04-02-2012, 07:37 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7763956

I'd love to see him stick to the "the ball got away from me" excuse.

He was getting ready to come off the mound before the ball even hit Tulo.

What a baby.

The Experience
04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah big props to Tracy for sticking up for his players.

the0rangecrush
04-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Wow ubaldo that's just childish Tulo should have kicked the crap out of him

InsaneBlaze23
04-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Not a Rockies fan, but I like Tulo. One of my favorite Baseball players.

Ubaldo didn't do anything but show how much he lack in class. The guy is a punk, there are ways to get back at a former team, hitting their best player isn't that way.

Broncoholic3233
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Not a Rockies fan, but I like Tulo. One of my favorite Baseball players.

Ubaldo didn't do anything but show how much he lack in class. The guy is a punk, there are ways to get back at a former team, hitting their best player isn't that way.

It's not even that. If its regular season, ok, whatever, it's still wrong, but happens.

However, 5 days before the regular season and you pull that crap AND step off and rush the plate. That's just idiotic.

I mean it's typically the batter that rushes the mound...but not in Baldos mind I guess.

He's a punk. He's hated now. He had to delete his twitter because of it.

Enjoy your suspension, moron.

BroncoFanBoy
04-02-2012, 11:10 AM
It's not even that. If its regular season, ok, whatever, it's still wrong, but happens.

However, 5 days before the regular season and you pull that crap AND step off and rush the plate. That's just idiotic.

I mean it's typically the batter that rushes the mound...but not in Baldos mind I guess.

He's a punk. He's hated now. He had to delete his twitter because of it.

Enjoy your suspension, moron.

I couldn't have said it any better.

The Experience
04-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Tracy Ringolsby says Ubaldo was angry that Gonzalez wasn't in the lineup because that is who he wanted to hit most.

InsaneBlaze23
04-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Tracy Ringolsby says Ubaldo was angry that Gonzalez wasn't in the lineup because that is who he wanted to hit most.

Wow, this guy can't be serious.

What type of player makes a hit list of players they wanna bean, everything that's coming out of this is making me think Ubaldo is more and more classless.

Wonder if he knew Selig was at the game.

Broncoholic3233
04-02-2012, 01:48 PM

Meh.

I don't buy that.

Tulo has been the more vocal out of the two....and Tulo is just kind of a jerk it appears.

I mean it's for sure possible, but yeah....I don't buy that.

Broncoholic3233
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
According to MLB source, league could announce decision today on whether there will be suspensions for Ubaldo-Tulo dust-up

Renck

The Experience
04-02-2012, 01:55 PM
According to MLB source, league could announce decision today on whether there will be suspensions for Ubaldo-Tulo dust-up

Renck

Watch them find someway to suspend Tulo....

Broncoholic3233
04-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Watch them find someway to suspend Tulo....

My gut feeling is neither will get suspended.

Hope I'm wrong, but Selig is a moron.....so.....yeah......don't got a good feeling.

Broncoholic3233
04-02-2012, 01:58 PM
My prediction is that Ubaldo will be suspended. Tulo could get fined. I don't see Tulo getting suspended.

Renck

Bronco51
04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
5 game suspension for Baldy.

BroncoFanBoy
04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Good. That jerk deserved his suspension.

Doubt Troy gets fined. Anyone would be mad if they got hit, especially if it hurt them. Ubaldo immediately charged home plate even before Tulo got mad.

InsaneBlaze23
04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Good. That jerk deserved his suspension.

Doubt Troy gets fined. Anyone would be mad if they got hit, especially if it hurt them. Ubaldo immediately charged home plate even before Tulo got mad.

More than that. In the video, he did the "come on" hand motion telling Tulo to come to him.

It's clear he was attending to hit Tulo, to bad he's to dumb to realize the commish is at the game.

CoryWinget81
04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
More than that. In the video, he did the "come on" hand motion telling Tulo to come to him.

It's clear he was attending to hit Tulo, to bad he's to dumb to realize the commish is at the game.

There's actually a radio personality (Dmac) here standing up for Tulo, saying that Ubaldo probably just lost the ball while trying to come in on him. He also said that Tulo probably deserved to get plunked because of his comments about Ubaldo in the offseason.

:rolleyes:

Broncoholic3233
04-02-2012, 04:47 PM
There's actually a radio personality (Dmac) here standing up for Tulo, saying that Ubaldo probably just lost the ball while trying to come in on him. He also said that Tulo probably deserved to get plunked because of his comments about Ubaldo in the offseason.

:rolleyes:

Kizla too. Who are the two biggest media morons in CO? Them. Shocker.

He deserved more. It's spring training. He charged the plate. He thumped his chest meaning it was on purpose.

He got off light.

Hope he neve gets back to his old form. What a piece of trash.

CinnaMunMun
04-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Kizla too. Who are the two biggest media morons in CO? Them. Shocker.

He deserved more. It's spring training. He charged the plate. He thumped his chest meaning it was on purpose.

He got off light.

Hope he neve gets back to his old form. What a piece of trash.

Right now he is looking like Dontrelle Willis, minus the outstanding character.

Too many moving parts in his delivery that are causing control problems, plus something made his velocity take a nosedive.

Unless something changes drastically, I think Ubaldo bounces around a few teams after Cleveland before struggling to simply make any team.

johnlimburg
04-03-2012, 02:09 AM
I wish Tulo could have hit him and not got in trouble.

And on Darren Mckee. Why he has a top job on a top radio station in a great time slot is beyond me. It is good entertainment and I like the show but when he opens his mouth to talk about the finer details of sports it baffles me how he thinks "he kills us with truth" :laugh: