PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Home Opening Series - SF Giants at Colorado Rockies (4/9/2012-4/12/2012}

Pages : [1] 2

Broncoholic JS
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Welcome back the Blake St Bombers!

GO ROCKIES!!!

Take me out to the ballgame....

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Ohhhhhhh helllllllllll nahhhhh.

Jackin my thread staring job how could you!?!?

:P

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:15 PM
GO GIANTS....

Though you get to face our worst Pitcher tomorrow. So lucky you.

Broncoholic JS
04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Ohhhhhhh helllllllllll nahhhhh.

Jackin my thread staring job how could you!?!?

:P

Sorry, we will trade off this season, alright?

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't care about starting a thread as long as you keep the same format like the Astros (after opening day series) to make it look nice. I was just givin ya a hard time.

Just don't jack my recap job ;)

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:35 PM
GO GIANTS....

Though you get to face our worst Pitcher tomorrow. So lucky you.

What are y'all doing with your pitching rotation early? You goin 4 man to start because of Tuesday day off? Or 5 man?

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:36 PM
What are y'all doing with your pitching rotation early? You goin 4 man to start because of Tuesday day off? Or 5 man?

4 Man you'll see Timmy on Wednesday.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:37 PM
4 Man you'll see Timmy on Wednesday.

He don't scurr me. Him and Guthrie.

Then bumgaurder will destroy Moyer :(

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:43 PM
He don't scurr me. Him and Guthrie.

Then bumgaurder will destroy Moyer :(

Bum is pitching in the 2 spot at the moment.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah. So he'll go Thursday versus Moyer.

JakeNbake
04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah. So he'll go Thursday versus Moyer.

Yeah sorry. So we'll have Zito... Timmy.. and Madison...

The freaking D-Backs were hot man.

Broncoholic3233
04-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah sorry. So we'll have Zito... Timmy.. and Madison...

The freaking D-Backs were hot man.

Meh.

We didn't play well either. Guthrie and Nicasio were greater. Moyer sucked. Then our skipper lost us the game today.

Well see what happens though. Hopefully it's a good series. I'll be very disappointed if we lose tomorrow.

Then hopefully Guthrie can match Timmy. Then Moyer will probably lose us the game Thursday.

Eddiemac730
04-09-2012, 07:32 AM
:peace::peace::peace::peace:

I have to work today but i'm their in spirit. Go Rockies!!! I'm rocking my Tulo Jersey today...

"let's go Rox"!!!!!!!!......:goz:

BroncoFanBoy
04-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm not going to today's game, but I am rockin my Cargo jersey.

Go Rox!!!!

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Go Rox!! Hate the Giants so I would like a sweep please.

And ya'll seriously need to lay off Moyer. He's not going to lose every start all season. But if he does he will be gone soon. This is the Giants offensive lineup we are talking about here though.

JakeNbake
04-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Go Rox!! Hate the Giants so I would like a sweep please.

And ya'll seriously need to lay off Moyer. He's not going to lose every start all season. But if he does he will be gone soon. This is the Giants offensive lineup we are talking about here though.

This isn't your normal Giants lineup.

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 10:51 AM
This isn't your normal Giants lineup.

I would say tell that to the D'Backs but 14 runs in 3 games is pretty solid. Better than what we mustered up against the Astros. But we'll see this week if you are right.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Moyer sucks not gonna lay off until he proves he doesn't.

Lineup today:

Scutaro 4
Fowler 8
CarGo 7
Tulo 6
Helton 3
Cuddyer 9
Hernandez 2
Nelson 5
Chacin 1

I'm at the game. So won't be posting here today anyways.

GO ROCKIES!!!!

The Experience
04-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Moyer was a great pitcher about 5-6 years ago....

Let's be serious this guy will not be in the rotation by years end. I wanted Moscoso in his spot, he is much better than Moyer.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Alright! Lets get a W Rockies!!!!

The Experience
04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Not a good start....

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Chacin gave up a 2 run home run. Uh-oh guess he's a bum.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Chacin getting hit hard but is getting some better groundballs.

Zito looked good at first, but honestly only did great against CarGo. Scutaro hit him hard and Fowler just got under a HR.

GET EM ROCKIES!

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Chacin gave up a 2 run home run. Uh-oh guess he's a bum.
On the plus side, he didn't give any up back to back yet.

yet.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Damn, Todd a few years ago would have sent that to the seats.

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Different year, some AB approach for most of the Rox.

I really wish they'd stop trying to hammer everything out of the park.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Better inning for Chacin

Zito always looks like Cy Young against our lineup.

getlynched47
04-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Just got out of class. Headed to LoDo's now to get plastered and watch the rest of the game!

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
On the plus side, he didn't give any up back to back yet.

yet.

Yeah it was just a little sarcasm anyway. I love Chacin. But I think part of the bashing of Moyer around here is from people being in denial about how bad the rest of the team is.

The offense is really bad so far.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 01:51 PM
This is a disastrous turn for Chacin.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 01:54 PM
IMO we had a culture change in Players but we should have had a complete culture change. O'Dowd is not a good GM. Tracy hasn't been good for a few years now. Apodaca is still a bum of a pitching coach. Lansford is absolutely pathetic. We needed a completely new coaching staff. Never will happen because the Monforts are some of the worst owners in sports.

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
IMO we had a culture change in Players but we should have had a complete culture change. O'Dowd is not a good GM. Tracy hasn't been good for a few years now. Apodaca is still a bum of a pitching coach. Lansford is absolutely pathetic. We needed a completely new coaching staff. Never will happen because the Monforts are some of the worst owners in sports.

100% agree. I was not so overwhelmed by the personnel changes this year. I also remember reading an article on ESPN saying O'dowd has tried to full the fans before with this so called culture change and that season was a disaster.

I also think the players have lost faith in Tracy and know he isn't worth anything. They only fought hard for him in 2009 because they felt guilty about Hurdle getting fired. But Tracey is no better than Hurdle.

I honestly don't think this hitting lineup is as bad as the staff makes them look though.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah it was just a little sarcasm anyway. I love Chacin. But I think part of the bashing of Moyer around here is from people being in denial about how bad the rest of the team is.

The offense is really bad so far.

You gotta bone to pick address me by name. I'm sick of your crap, again, already.

Funny how you defend the bum Moyer but rip on Guthrie.

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 02:02 PM
You gotta bone to pick address me by name. I'm sick of your crap, again, already.

Funny how you defend the bum Moyer but rip on Guthrie.

Seriously with this? You really need to relax bro. I wasn't calling you out. It was just sarcasm about 5 or 6 of you that bash Moyer over 1 start. Sure he is 49 and the odds are against him but it's 1 start. Chacin today is having a worse start.

You talk all the time about me being negative and paranoid about the teams but you are bashing a player on the team after 1 bad outing.

Not only is Chacin having a bad outing but the entire offensive lineup outside of Cuddyer has been bad too.

You are being a hypocrit when anyone else disagrees with you. You can be negative and bash players, coaches or things about the teams but I can't? I can't defend certain players but you can? You always have excuses.

The Experience
100% agree. I was not so overwhelmed by the personnel changes this year. I also remember reading an article on ESPN saying O'dowd has tried to full the fans before with this so called culture change and that season was a disaster.

I also think the players have lost faith in Tracy and know he isn't worth anything. They only fought hard for him in 2009 because they felt guilty about Hurdle getting fired. But Tracey is no better than Hurdle.

I honestly don't think this hitting lineup is as bad as the staff makes them look though.

I agree.

The problem isn't with the product on the field. We have great talent, but the problem stems from a coaching staff and an FO with no cojones.

The reason there is so much to be excited about with the Nuggets and Broncos is because both teams have an executive that is bold and is willing to take risks to better the team.

The entire Rockies organization is just too damn conservative.

I was livid with a lifetime contract for Tracy. I don't care how good you are, no one should get a lifetime contract ever.

CoryWinget81
Hahahaha Chacin gets the first hit hahahahah

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Hahahaha Chacin gets the first hit hahahahah

That's why they kept him in. Offensive MACHINE! :laugh:

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
To be clear on Moyer, I really hope he does well. I do. Because it really is a great story. But being realistic, he just isn't gonna be consistently effective as a starter. Guthrie is like 17 years younger than him with better stuff so of course I am gonna be happier with him.

Do you think that Moyer would make the rotation in winning organizations like NY, BOS, TB or PHI? No because they do not accept mediocrity like the Rockies do.

That's one of the Rockies biggest problems, they have loyalty to guys that they shouldn't. We have seen it so many times in the past most recently Aaron Cook.

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
No I agree at 49 he has no business being on an MLB roster. But the coaching staff obviously feels he earned it with a better spring training than the rest. Even if the rest has more potential. But that is why I noted earlier I think people think the team is better than they really are.

I had my hopes up coming in and the season is major early but I still have my concerns so far. Not really sure why Broncoholic feels the need to bash me for it though. Apparently I have to be super unrealistically homer about it except for Moyer.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Well I had some hopeful expectations as well, obviously not gonna count us out inly 4 games in. But it just seems like the same crap from this team.

Mark my words: The Rockies will never be a consistent winner until the Monforts sell the team to some people who actually care about winning.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:30 PM
So Reynolds is a long man now?????

ok......

another bad move by Tracy.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Ugh pathetic.....

Offense pitching and defense have all sucked so far.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
This team sucks....

Sorry to be negative but they do.....

Blondie79
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
uh, i know its early in the season but damm im worried about this team right now :(

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I hope the people at Coors are booing the hell out of this team right now, they deserve it.

Tracy brings in Reynolds to be a long man and look what happened.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 02:41 PM
So Reynolds is a long man now?????

ok......

another bad move by Tracy.

Reynolds has always always been one of the relievers capable of multiple innings.

Surprise...

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I hope the people at Coors are booing the hell out of this team right now, they deserve it.

Tracy brings in Reynolds to be a long man and look what happened.

Yep, damn that Reynolds for sucking at catching the ball.....

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Happy opening day and happy purple Monday!

....smh

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Yep, damn that Reynolds for sucking at catching the ball.....

It's not his fault the bases were loaded.....

He didn't have to serve up a double though...

Blondie79
04-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Heh, the whole team has looked awful for the first few games, with the exception of a couple players..

The whole coaching staff should have been fired at the end of last season imo, honestly cant stand watching the way the team has played since middle of last year...

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 02:46 PM
It's not his fault the bases were loaded.....

He didn't have to serve up a double though...

Considering there would have been one person on base before the double had the defense done its job, I wouldn't say he did a bad job.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Heh, the whole team has looked awful for the first few games, with the exception of a couple players..

The whole coaching staff should have been fired at the end of last season imo, honestly cant stand watching the way the team has played since middle of last year...

I agree, along with Dan O'Dowd.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Considering there would have been one person on base before the double had the defense done its job, I wouldn't say he did a bad job.

I'm not gonna disagree, but Rogers is the guy we should have brought in.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey Lansford,

Tell your team to stop swinging so early in the count! God you are a useless hitting coach!

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm not gonna disagree, but Rogers is the guy we should have brought in.

The pitchers spot was due up 3rd. Either you waste Rogers by using him for 1 or you let him hit when you are down by a large gap.

Move made sense.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
It just dawned on me, we should probably be 0-4. If it wasn't for Houston's awful D we probably would be.

The sad thing is, we could get off to an 0-30 start and there would be no staff changes.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 02:53 PM
It just dawned on me, we should probably be 0-4. If it wasn't for Houston's awful D we probably would be.

The sad thing is, we could get off to an 0-30 start and there would be no staff changes.

I like Tracy, but I agree that if we really start floundering, we need to start putting people on the chopping block, starting up top with Tracy and O'Dowd.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:53 PM
The pitchers spot was due up 3rd. Either you waste Rogers by using him for 1 or you let him hit when you are down by a large gap.

Move made sense.

I guess....

Reynolds is just pretty meh for me, can't get lefties out...

The Experience
04-09-2012, 02:55 PM
I like Tracy, but I agree that if we really start floundering, we need to start putting people on the chopping block, starting up top with Tracy and O'Dowd.

I like Tracy too, he is a great man. But it just seems that he just doesn't have the personality to manage a team long term. He is just too nice.

We need someone like Ozzie, someone who wouldn't put up with the crap that this team is notorious for.

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
In our one win thus far this season, we scored 5, 4 unearned.

It's gonna be a long year.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
In our one win thus far this season, we scored 5, 4 unearned.

It's gonna be a long year.

I'm getting the same feeling....

At least I have my #2 team the Marlins who actually seem to care about winning.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Lol at y'all giving up 4 games in.

JakeNbake
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
:) hey guys!

The Experience
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Not giving up, my optimism has dropped significantly though.

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM

Noones giving up man. But there has been no reason do far to believe this team is any different than last year.

Blondie79
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
heh, i am not giving up just yet, just worried about where this team is heading, i have seen nothing to be optimistic about yet, but like i said its still early...

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM

We have NO pitching. NONE. The bullpen has been involved in every game and has been pretty much a disaster.

I'm not giving up, but this is a .500 or lower club. The entire staff needs fired. I don't think I've EVER seen this many pop ups in one game.

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
This is gonna be one of those seasons where Drew announces most of the game like this:

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/wenger-facepalm.jpg

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
We have NO pitching. NONE. The bullpen has been involved in every game and has been pretty much a disaster.

I'm not giving up, but this is a .500 or lower club. The entire staff needs fired. I don't think I've EVER seen this many pop ups in one game.

Hm. Weird. I've been impressed with Nicasio and Guthrie. Chacin will likely catch on at some point. Jorge will return.

Be negative all ya want.

I'll continue to be optomistic an see this for what it is: 4 games in.

GO ROCKIES

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Hm. Weird. I've been impressed with Nicasio and Guthrie. Chacin will likely catch on at some point. Jorge will return.

Be negative all ya want.

I'll continue to be optomistic an see this for what it is: 4 games in.

GO ROCKIES

Nicasio was outstanding. Guthrie was helped by 4 unearned.

You're negative all the time about things. Other people are allowed to be negative too.

Go Rockies indeed. Just because I don't think they could throw their way out of a house made of wet toilet paper doesn't mean I won't support the team.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Nicasio was outstanding. Guthrie was helped by 4 unearned.

You're negative all the time about things. Other people are allowed to be negative too.

Go Rockies indeed. Just because I don't think they could throw their way out of a house made of wet toilet paper doesn't mean I won't support the team.

Didn't say you couldn't be negative. Go for it. I said I'll continue to remain optomistic 4 games in.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I would like to remain optimistic but it's hard when....

Bob Apodaca is your longtime bad pitching coach

Carney Lansford is your hitting coach (man he is awful)

Jim Tracy is your skipper

Dumb O'Dowd is your GM

Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb are your owners...

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I hate the coaching, FO and Ownership as much as anyone.

But I like the team we've fielded. I have faith in them and will remain optomistic until they prove me otherwise. Well likely be 1-3. Big deal. So will the giants. Yanks and Sox are winless.

It's early. 158 games to be played.

getlynched47
04-09-2012, 03:43 PM
LOL a freakout after 5 games :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Experience
04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I hate the coaching, FO and Ownership as much as anyone.

But I like the team we've fielded. I have faith in them and will remain optomistic until they prove me otherwise. Well likely be 1-3. Big deal. So will the giants. Yanks and Sox are winless.

It's early. 158 games to be played.

I like our team too, but Coaching FO and Ownership is too big of a part of the team to remain too optimistic.

Maybe the overall talent on the team can trump the bad Ownership FO and coaching like it did in 07 but it's highly doubtful....

The Experience
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
LOL a freakout after 5 games :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not freaking out, a lot of baseball left.

I'm just voicing the problems in this organization that stem back far before this season.

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I just want to point out, because I think some people are missing the point:

I don't think we're done. I don't even think we're close to done. I do think its going to be a fairly long season, and I don't have a ton of confidence in the pitching thus far. The offensive team we're fielding should be exciting to watch and could very well keep us in games that we'd otherwise be out of. I'm anxiously awaiting Pomeranz and looking forward to about the middle of the season to see where we really are.

No one is "freaking out" or "giving up". I think it's fair to call a duck a duck. Being less than optimistic (another pop-out) doesn't mean that anyone is giving up.

It's just like it is with football around here. You can't have a conversation or have an opinion without getting brow beaten by people that think their opinion lends more to validity than yours.

I think we're a good, talented team that is going to largely suffer from lack of pitching. It doesn't mean I'm right and I don't think anyone else is wrong.

Just because it's only 4 games doesn't mean I'm supposed to close my eyes, plug my ears and start singing "LALALALALALALALA".

Let people have a damn opinion, and stop trying to pigeonhole people just because theirs doesn't match yours.

Jesus Christ.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 03:54 PM

I don't think we're done. I don't even think we're close to done. I do think its going to be a fairly long season, and I don't have a ton of confidence in the pitching thus far. The offensive team we're fielding should be exciting to watch and could very well keep us in games that we'd otherwise be out of. I'm anxiously awaiting Pomeranz and looking forward to about the middle of the season to see where we really are.

No one is "freaking out" or "giving up". I think it's fair to call a duck a duck. Being less than optimistic (another pop-out) doesn't mean that anyone is giving up.

It's just like it is with football around here. You can't have a conversation or have an opinion without getting brow beaten by people that think their opinion lends more to validity than yours.

I think we're a good, talented team that is going to largely suffer from lack of pitching. It doesn't mean I'm right and I don't think anyone else is wrong.

Just because it's only 4 games doesn't mean I'm supposed to close my eyes, plug my ears and start singing "LALALALALALALALA".

Let people have a damn opinion, and stop trying to pigeonhole people just because theirs doesn't match yours.

Jesus Christ.

What Cory said, to a T. Hell, I would even say I'm one of the more optimistic guys on here and I agree completely with this.

On the topic of the Rox, Roenicke looks pretty frigging good for us. Was a solid late pickup last year and is making a lot of bats miss today.

and I also miss Alanna Rizzo.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 03:56 PM

Jesus Christ.
Oh Cool.

getlynched47
04-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Jesus Christ.

"It's gonna be a long year".

Meaning our 1-3 start is indicative of how the Rockies will play the next 158 games. That's the annoying part. Nobody is/should attack your opinion.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice job Roenicke. He'll be good for us.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 04:01 PM
"It's gonna be one of those seasons".

Meaning our 1-3 start is indicative of how the Rockies will play the next 158 games. That's the annoying part. Nobody is/should attack your opinion.

Well when a team has had 3 good seasons out of 20 then get off to the kind of start they have, is it too big of a reach to say that it is gonna be "another one of those years"

This is just a poor organization. With awful owners.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 04:02 PM
"It's gonna be a long year".

Bingo. And no one has attacked his opinion.

I said he can be negative. That is all. I'll remain optomistic.

Oh well. Crappy home opener. :(

Headin home now.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Good news about this is that when we start slow, we tend to finish the season better. :laugh:

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
What a terrible, terrible game.

Let's go get 'em tomorrow! Maybe we won't hit 1234324365786873456 pop ups.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Sucks having to do this for the 3rd time in 4 games. But hats off to Zito. Phenomenal game pitched on his part and to a great guy.

CoryWinget81
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Sucks having to do this for the 3rd time in 4 games. But hats off to Zito. Phenomenal game pitched on his part and to a great guy.

I've heard he does alot for that community.

Gotta tip your hat. Hard to bag on someone after a CG SHO right?

Bronco51
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Just got back from the game. Man this team is not good. They are going to be killed by the lack of a solid 3rd and 1st base offensive output. The errors are alarming.......just so many deficiencies. I am not too surprised though after listening to O'dowd at the fanfest saying everyone has to have a great year and there needs to be a few surprises to be able to compete. He didn't sound optimistic, and neither am I. After today I will say 79-83 should be the record. Happy it's baseball season.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Just got back from the game. Man this team is not good. They are going to be killed by the lack of a solid 3rd and 1st base offensive output. The errors are alarming.......just so many deficiencies. I am not too surprised though after listening to O'dowd at the fanfest saying everyone has to have a great year and there needs to be a few surprises to be able to compete. He didn't sound optimistic, and neither am I. After today I will say 79-83 should be the record. Happy it's baseball season.

I think we will do better, but that is because our bats can't do much worse (statistically).

Tulo, CarGo, Helton, Fowler, and Nelson aren't going to be hitting what they are for very long.

We start scoring 4-5 runs a game and we are a pretty decent team.

Bronco51
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I think we will do better, but that is because our bats can't do much worse (statistically).

Tulo, CarGo, Helton, Fowler, and Nelson aren't going to be hitting what they are for very long.

We start scoring 4-5 runs a game and we are a pretty decent team.

I know they won't be below the Mendoza line all year, but Nelson is not an every day 3rd baseman, not even close. And Helton's day as a franchise 1st baseman are long gone. We need more power and RBI's from those two positions. They will be lucky to scratch 20 home runs and 100 RBI's from both of them combined. That is not good. They can't hang their hats on having the best shortstop in the game and above average talent in Cargo. And don't get me started about having Moyer be the best lefty this club has. I just don't see the talent to compete for the division crown this year, or for the wildcard. Too many holes to fill, and the FO as constituted won't get it done.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I know they won't be below the Mendoza line all year, but Nelson is not an every day 3rd baseman, not even close. And Helton's day as a franchise 1st baseman are long gone. We need more power and RBI's from those two positions. They will be lucky to scratch 20 home runs and 100 RBI's from both of them combined. That is not good. They can't hang their hats on having the best shortstop in the game and above average talent in Cargo. And don't get me started about having Moyer be the best lefty this club has. I just don't see the talent to compete for the division crown this year, or for the wildcard. Too many holes to fill, and the FO as constituted won't get it done.

1) Helton days long gone? He made great plays at first. He still sees a lot of pitches. He'll still bat close to .300 and have 60+ RBI's more than likely. Also, will likely have close to his average of about a .400 on base percentage. I don't see how that is an issue I guess.

2) Yes, we don't have an 'actual' 3rd basemen. We have Nelson who has good defense, but no bat. Then we have Pacheco who has a big bat, but his defense is sketchy and needs work.

3) CarGo 'above average'? He's one of the best in the game.

4) Moyer best lefty? Not even close. We have Pomeranz in the rotation on the 15th, and Jorge will be back.

Bronco51
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
1) Helton days long gone? He made great plays at first. He still sees a lot of pitches. He'll still bat close to .300 and have 60+ RBI's more than likely. Also, will likely have close to his average of about a .400 on base percentage. I don't see how that is an issue I guess.

2) Yes, we don't have an 'actual' 3rd basemen. We have Nelson who has good defense, but no bat. Then we have Pacheco who has a big bat, but his defense is sketchy and needs work.

3) CarGo 'above average'? He's one of the best in the game.

4) Moyer best lefty? Not even close. We have Pomeranz in the rotation on the 15th, and Jorge will be back.

I said a Franchise 1st baseman. Unless you have 3-4 other bombers in the lineup.....10-15 HR's and 60-70 RBI's out of your 1st baseman is not going to cut it. And as for Cargo, he needs to put together some more seasons like 2010 for me to consider him one of the greats. ANd for Moyer, the fact they couldn't scare up anyone else that's better just tells me that they either are satisfied, or didn't look hard enough. Either way, that scares me.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I said a Franchise 1st baseman. Unless you have 3-4 other bombers in the lineup.....10-15 HR's and 60-70 RBI's out of your 1st baseman is not going to cut it. And as for Cargo, he needs to put together some more seasons like 2010 for me to consider him one of the greats. ANd for Moyer, the fact they couldn't scare up anyone else that's better just tells me that they either are satisfied, or didn't look hard enough. Either way, that scares me.

I think it will be fine, here is why:

Tulo - 100+ RBI's
CarGo - 100+ RBI's
Cuddyer - 80ish RBI's
Helton - 60ish RBI's

Some big RBI numbers right there alone.

CarGo had another huge season last year comparatively, and would've been a hell of a lot bigger if he wouldn't have ran into the wall a few times.

I don't know why they chose Moyer, Tracy is an idiot is all I can think of. I'd much rather have Alex White, Moscoso or Rodgers out there...

DenverBlood
04-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Tulo - 100+ RBI's
CarGo - 100+ RBI's
Cuddyer - 80ish RBI's
Helton - 60ish RBI's

CarGo had another huge season last year comparatively, and would've been a hell of a lot bigger if he wouldn't have ran into the wall a few times.

I don't know why they chose Moyer, Tracy is an idiot is all I can think of. I'd much rather have Alex White, Moscoso or Rodgers out there...

Out of curiosity what is the problem with Alex White? I thought once he was healthy he was supposed to be one of our best?

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Out of curiosity what is the problem with Alex White? I thought once he was healthy he was supposed to be one of our best?

He has decent potential and is a good prospect, hence the reason he was thrown into the Ubaldo trade.

He doesn't have near the potential Pomeranz does, but still he has a good chance to be a good starter.

Haven't heard much....just don't think he's ready yet. But, I don't know for sure. I think they think he would be benefited more by getting all the starters in AAA. I think he'll be called up at some point.

Bronco51
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Tulo - 100+ RBI's
CarGo - 100+ RBI's
Cuddyer - 80ish RBI's
Helton - 60ish RBI's

The only one I see as a given for 100 RBI's is Tulo. The others, I am not sold on those numbers you posted yet. Not because they don't have the potential, but because ever since Lansford took over for Baylor, I have seen plate discipline practically disappear. This team swings at more first pitches and leaves more runners on base than I have ever seen from this club. Moving runners over and situational hitting seems to be a thing of the past here. Now it is swing for the fence and see what happens. So I think RBI opportunities will diminish because of it.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
The only one I see as a given for 100 RBI's is Tulo. The others, I am not sold on those numbers you posted yet. Not because they don't have the potential, but because ever since Lansford took over for Baylor, I have seen plate discipline practically disappear. This team swings at more first pitches and leaves more runners on base than I have ever seen from this club. Moving runners over and situational hitting seems to be a thing of the past here. Now it is swing for the fence and see what happens. So I think RBI opportunities will diminish because of it.

CarGo is pretty much a given if he doesn't get hurt. Only played 127 games last year and still had 92 RBI's.

Yeah, we need to be more patient. But that's why we have Scutaro. Him and Helton could potentially see 40-50 pitches alone.

Giambi will start getting on people for not being patient. Because yes....we are way to impatient.

Our offense is our strength, they haven't been good early on, but they will be. Just gotta give it some time.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
CarGo is pretty much a given if he doesn't get hurt. Only played 127 games last year and still had 92 RBI's.

Yeah, we need to be more patient. But that's why we have Scutaro. Him and Helton could potentially see 40-50 pitches alone.

Giambi will start getting on people for not being patient. Because yes....we are way to impatient.

Our offense is our strength, they haven't been good early on, but they will be. Just gotta give it some time.

Good at least someone will, because Lansford obviously won't....

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Good at least someone will, because Lansford obviously won't....

That's what him and Tulo worked on a lot this off season. Dexter too.

CarGo is always giddy to start. He'll calm down shortly and start seeing more pitches. But when you're as talented as he is...it's hard obviously...you want to crush the first thing you see.

Whole team just needs to relax, and let the game come to them. We'll be fine offensively, I firmly believe that this year.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
That's the thing I have noticed about Dex, he has cut the K's down a lot so far. The hits will come, just don't strike out!

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:38 PM
That's the thing I have noticed about Dex, he has cut the K's down a lot so far. The hits will come, just don't strike out!

Yup.

He's been much more patient (which a good lead off hitter is). Plus, he doesn't have the stress of being the lead off hitter right off the bat, thanks to Scutaro. He's tagged a few balls pretty well. Offense will come with everyone, we just gotta be patient as difficult as it is.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Yup.

He's been much more patient (which a good lead off hitter is). Plus, he doesn't have the stress of being the lead off hitter right off the bat, thanks to Scutaro. He's tagged a few balls pretty well. Offense will come with everyone, we just gotta be patient as difficult as it is.

Yeah right now it's hard to single out one guy and say that he needs to be replaced because he is not hitting the ball. Nobody is hitting the ball right now.

A lot of people are bashing Nelson, his bat will come the dude was a consistent .300 hitter in AAA he will be fine with regular ABs.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah right now it's hard to single out one guy and say that he needs to be replaced because he is not hitting the ball. Nobody is hitting the ball right now.

A lot of people are bashing Nelson, his bat will come the dude was a consistent .300 hitter in AAA he will be fine with regular ABs.

I like Nelson....but I like Pacheco more.

Pacheco has a rocket arm....he just made that bad throw....he admitted it and took the blame for the loss. Had a bad grip he said. It's the coverage at 3rd which is the concern with him....not so much Nelson.

I'd love it to be this though, and hopefully it is. Nelson gets his bat right...and he can be the future 3rd basemen. Pacheco has his bat right, but learns under Giambi and Helton and becomes the future 1st basemen.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I like Nelson....but I like Pacheco more.

Pacheco has a rocket arm....he just made that bad throw....he admitted it and took the blame for the loss. Had a bad grip he said. It's the coverage at 3rd which is the concern with him....not so much Nelson.

I'd love it to be this though, and hopefully it is. Nelson gets his bat right...and he can be the future 3rd basemen. Pacheco has his bat right, but learns under Giambi and Helton and becomes the future 1st basemen.

I see Nelly as the 2B of the future more so than 3rd. I doubt we re-sign Scutaro and we have Arrenado as the future at 3B.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I see Nelly as the 2B of the future more so than 3rd. I doubt we re-sign Scutaro and we have Arrenado as the future at 3B.

Yup. That's what I meant, kept thinking 3rd base, and typed it out.

Arrenado should be up in September and hopefully he stays up after that.

Then hopefully Nelson at 2B. Pacheco at 1B. Rosario at C.

Good, solid core there, if it works out.

Rosario and Arrenado are really the only 'very safe bets'.

I'd love Pacheco to be the future at 1B, but not sure if that's where they want him or not.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Yup. That's what I meant, kept thinking 3rd base, and typed it out.

Arrenado should be up in September and hopefully he stays up after that.

Then hopefully Nelson at 2B. Pacheco at 1B. Rosario at C.

Good, solid core there, if it works out.

Rosario and Arrenado are really the only 'very safe bets'.

I'd love Pacheco to be the future at 1B, but not sure if that's where they want him or not.

Well they don't have any big time prospects at 1B so it is definitely possible.

I have also heard Cuddy or Colvin may move to 1st once Helton retires.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 07:16 PM

Yeah. But then where would Pacheco go? His bat is too good to go to waste....gotta find a spot for him.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah. But then where would Pacheco go? His bat is too good to go to waste....gotta find a spot for him.

I don't know. I know he can play OF so maybe LF???

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 07:25 PM

Chad Tracy is actually a halfway decent prospect. Similar to Pacheco, converted catcher but he has more power. Pacheco takes more walks and hits for a better average, and neither are elite.

The Experience
04-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Chad Tracy is actually a halfway decent prospect. Similar to Pacheco, converted catcher but he has more power. Pacheco takes more walks and hits for a better average, and neither are elite.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Broncoholic3233
04-09-2012, 08:01 PM

Eh. I'd much rather have Pacheco as future 1st basemen, rather than Tracy

Atwnbroncfan
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
My opinion on the current state of the Rockies:

Its April. Be around .500 when De La Rosa comes back and theyll be in good shape.

CinnaMunMun
04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Eh. I'd much rather have Pacheco as future 1st basemen, rather than Tracy

Agreed, Pacheco is a more consistent hitter and is more of a sabermetrics guy.

DenverBlood
04-10-2012, 06:21 AM
My opinion on the current state of the Rockies:

Its April. Be around .500 when De La Rosa comes back and theyll be in good shape.

Agreed. It's way too early to hit the panick button. But at the same time that doesn't mean people can't be upset about what we have seen so far during the 3 game losing streak. People thought the sky was falling when the Broncos lost to Detroit so bad. How could anyone predict a 6 game winning streak would follow?

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Guthries on the mound again today. Hope the offense bounces back and has a breakout game. Go Rockies!!!

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
GO TIMMY!

:thumb::thumb:

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 12:30 PM
go timmy!

:thumb::thumb:

go away

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
go away

I second this. Don't we own him though?

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I second this. Don't we own him though?

I was just giving Jake a hard time...but yeah....we are definitely better against him than we are Zito.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
No Posey....

Let's get a W

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 05:57 PM
CarGo baby!!!

With a RBI triple!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Great hitting Tulo! RBI for Tulo.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Great start so far...

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Cuddyer with the double, and then a batter later, Nelson drove him home!

The Experience
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Nelly!!!!!!!!

The Experience
04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
nice double for Dex

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 06:40 PM
CARGO BABY!!!!

2nd RBI Triple of the night!!!!

GO CAR GO!!

BroncoFanBoy
04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I should've benched Lincecum for my fantasy team. Way to go Cargo!!!

Glad Tulo's on my team tho. :D

The Experience
04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Cargo!!!!!!!!!

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
man lol i new i shouldnt have started lincecum in FF baseball, hope thye pull him soon with a sucky replacement that is..

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Stoked they are backing up my statement from this afternoon. We own Lincecum. Keep it up Rox!!!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
First Rockies RBI for Hernandez!

Keep it coming Rockies!!! 6-0 in the 3rd. Run Timmy outta there!

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
cya timmy!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
2 1/3 innings for Timmy. 6 ER so far.

3 on base still.

Told ya'll the Rockies offense would show up!

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 06:55 PM
2 1/3 innings for Timmy. 6 ER so far.

3 on base still.

Told ya'll the Rockies offense would show up!

Never doubted they would eventually. Was just upset with the three game slide. Guthrie looks good agin.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:04 PM
2 missed location, 2 solo HR.

C'mon Guthrie! Relax out there buddy.

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Apparently Guhrie serves up freebies in the 4th inning.

Bronco51
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Wasn't this dude supposed to eat up innings?

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Guess I spoke too soon. Let's just give it all up in 1 inning Guthrie.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Wasn't this dude supposed to eat up innings?

He did last game and he will. He ate the 3rd most innings out of any pitcher last year.

He had a bad inning today, resulting in the yank...

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Guth was cruising then just hit a huge wall..... C'mon pen....

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
It's my fault. Whatever I say is a jinx. I have to be paranoid.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Reynolds is a bum.....

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Good call Tracy.

Brings out this bum again in Reynolds.

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
unbelievable....

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Good call Tracy.

Brings out this bum again in Reynolds.

How many times can I say it. Reynolds can't get lefties out he is useless....

WTG Tracy..........

Smh

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Pathetic.

Eat crap Tracy and Reynolds.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Why I am I not surprised this happened?

Hoserman117
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
6 runs in one inning... that's bad.... mkay?

DenverBlood
Nothing like smashing Lincecum and knocking him out in three innings and still tied in the 4th.

CoryWinget81
Wow Guthrie, way to puke up the game.

Smh

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 07:22 PM
and just like that....

The Experience
Wow Guthrie, way to puke up the game.

Smh

Yeah,

And Reynolds is doing a great job cleaning up the mess tooo.....:coffee:

Broncoholic3233
Why I am I not surprised this happened?

Because it happened multiple times last year.

Thank God we kept the bum of a coach that let's this crap happen.

Tracy is the worst skipper in the league. Gimme Mills over him. What a BUM!

Broncoholic JS
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
@facepalm@

Wish we had better pitching!

CoryWinget81
Guthrie has now given up almost 3x more home runs than any starting pitcher.

Hoserman117
7 runs in one inning... that's bad... mkay?

Hopefully this ends soon.

Broncoholic3233
Bring up Alex White.

Reynolds is a bum as well. Yet, Tracy always goes to him, shocker. Bum going with a bum.

DenverBlood
7 in one inning. Awesome. It's like my softball game tonight.

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
pitching was one thing that really worried me coming into this season, figured bats would heat up but doesnt matter if team is giving them the game with bum pitching.. sigh...and no im not giving up, just think its gonna be a frustrating yr for baseball.

Bronco51
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I guess the silver lining is that we have a ton of good lockerroom culture guys that the FO is coveting. That is really coming in handy right now.

The Experience

I don't know what happened to him, he did such a great job in 09 and 10

DenverBlood

As much as I want to blame players I actually agree with this. Left Guthrie in too long when he was getting jacked up and then as usual picks the wrong reliever who made it worse.

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't know what happened to him, he did such a great job in 09 and 10

He did alright in 10 not great. Team completely tanked last two and a half weeks if the season when they were in the playoff race. A lot of that was poor decision making.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:29 PM
dont you just love that we gave Tracy a lifetime contract......

worst owners in baseball....

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Well.....2nd and 3rd no outs.....

C'mon Rockies!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:31 PM
dont you just love that we gave Tracy a lifetime contract......

worst owners in baseball....

Worst owners.

Worst GM.

Worst coach.

Shocking.

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Quit freaking out you guys are about to take the lead.

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Quit freaking out you guys are about to take the lead.

Easy for you to say. You just rallied from 6 down in 1 inning.

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Tie game. :sad:

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:34 PM
3 RBI game for CarGo so far.

At least we tied it, but Tracy will prob send out Giambi to pitch next inning.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Atta baby! More good hitting for Troy!

Like what I see from him so far.

JakeNbake
Now you're up.

Blondie79
nice to see us hitting with RISP tho.. encouraging..

The Experience
Good thing our O showed up today....

Hoserman117
04-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Hopefully you'll hold the lead this time :thumb:

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Way to go Tulo. Time to build another 6 run lead for Tracey to deal with.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Good thing we caught Mota on a bad night for him. He's usually a beast.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Not sure that was a fair ball but I'll take it :)

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 07:38 PM
i love cuddyer....great signing for us so far..

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:38 PM
CUDDY BABY!!!!

Love that cat!!!

GO ROX!

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Cuddy!!!!!!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Tracy running Todd on contact.

Brilliant. What. A. BUM

CoryWinget81
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
This is old school Rockies baby!

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Good half inning.....

Now let's go Chatwood......

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
This may just be one of those crazy Coors field nights.

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 07:44 PM
2-6 hitters all 2 for 3. That's the kind of production we need to be a contender.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Ugh Reynolds again????? Tracy you suck...

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
And the skies opened.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
SMH at Reynolds trying to go sidearm and missing terribly....

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Man....if only EY wasn't such a liability on defense...

Kid has got a ton of speed.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Atta baby Scutaro!

1st Rockies RBI for him!

CoryWinget81
04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Big hair, big arms and big flys!

Hopefully we can put up this kind of offense regularly. Ill gladly tkae a 12-8 game

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 08:06 PM
great night for cargo

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:07 PM
CarGo 4th RBI!

That is why he is my favorite athlete.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Todd baby!!!

What a monster of a player!

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Damn steroids...

LOL

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Damn steroids...

LOL

LMAO :thumb:

so funny

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:12 PM
watch yourself there jake!!!!!

:D

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Lmaooooooooo!

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Goodjob Pill and Fat Panda.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Nellly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love that kid!

Blondie79
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
wow, is this an entertaining game.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Nice bat Nelly!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:19 PM
EY Jr. Triple

16-7 Rockies bottom of the 5th

I like this offense. :)

CinnaMunMun
04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Worst owners.

Worst GM.

Worst coach.

Shocking.

Funny enough, I completely agree with what Tracy did there, despite the fact we are winning now and weren't then :laugh:

He pulled Guthrie at the right time, but was handcuffed in the bullpen because he needed to use a long man (both due to the inning number and because Guthrie was the last hitter in the last inning). He couldn't warm up both Reynolds and Rogers because of Moyer pitching tomorrow, and you don't want to trust Chatwood in that situation. Belisle and Brothers you need later, and Roenicke was the only other guy but he isn't an innings eater.

Reynolds has the most success of the long guys, so in he went. He didn't do as well as one would hope, but one out with 2 RISP is a bad spot to come in on.

Essentially it is the same thing Bochy did, but our lineup just produced more.

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I love Botchy but Adfelt is so hot and cold....

You guys know he played there too.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Funny enough, I completely agree with what Tracy did there, despite the fact we are winning now and weren't then :laugh:

He pulled Guthrie at the right time, but was handcuffed in the bullpen because he needed to use a long man (both due to the inning number and because Guthrie was the last hitter in the last inning). He couldn't warm up both Reynolds and Rogers because of Moyer pitching tomorrow, and you don't want to trust Chatwood in that situation. Belisle and Brothers you need later, and Roenicke was the only other guy but he isn't an innings eater.

Reynolds has the most success of the long guys, so in he went. He didn't do as well as one would hope, but one out with 2 RISP is a bad spot to come in on.

Reynolds is garbage though, that's why I didn't like the move.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I love Botchy but Adfelt is so hot and cold....

You guys know he played there too.

I miss Affeldt, He at least got lefties out.

The guy I really miss is Joe Beimel, why we let him go is beyond me....

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Curt, it's easier to blame Tracy when you are extremely pissed :P

But I get what he did. I still don't agree with it.

Luckily....our offense has been tremendous.

JakeNbake
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM

You miss a guy who half the time skips it in front of home plate?

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Affeldt can be dominant at times but inconsistent as well... I'll take that considering we don't have a guy who can get lefties out.

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Affect was very effective as a Rockie. We miss him at his potential back then.

CinnaMunMun
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM

If I remember correctly, something was wrong with him (Beimel) health wise. I don't think he has a team right now either.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Dexter's bat has arrived!!

GO DEX!!! Love that kid.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:32 PM
If I remember correctly, something was wrong with him (Beimel) health wise. I don't think he has a team right now either.

It's possible.....

Guy was nasty though....

JakeNbake
Affect was very effective as a Rockie. We miss him at his potential back then.

I watched him as a rockie because that's all that was on TV where I lived at the time. He's the same dude.

CinnaMunMun
Curt, it's easier to blame Tracy when you are extremely pissed :P

But I get what he did. I still don't agree with it.

Luckily....our offense has been tremendous.

Oh I understand :laugh:

DenverBlood
Dexter looks good tonight. Would be great if he finally produces the way we all knew he could.

The Experience
04-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I watched him as a rockie because that's all that was on TV where I lived at the time. He's the same dude.

He threw a bit harder back then and his curveball was much sharper.

DenverBlood
04-11-2012, 08:35 PM

You are right. He only pitched decent for us in 2007. The series year. Guess that's what I remembered.

Eddiemac730
04-11-2012, 08:47 PM
the Rockies haven't hit a home run yet... :D 16-8 :eek:

Atwnbroncfan
04-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Ok, which one of you turned off the humidor?

CoryWinget81
04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Ok, which one of you turned off the humidor?

It'll be fun to listen to the Freak complain about the humidor again

Broncoholic JS
04-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Taco Bell is going to hate the Nuggets and Rockies tomorrow! Lol

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Cuddyer with his third double of the night and another RBI.

I love Cuddy!

Broncoholic JS
04-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Cuddy!!!!!!!

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 09:24 PM
13-26 with RISP tonight

We were 3-20 prior.

Broncoholic3233
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Rockies 17 Giants 8

Tough outing for Guthrie today. Still love this signing. He'll eat up innings and we need that. I am willing to bet he bounces back with a very strong outing next time he takes the mound.

Starting Pitching:

Jeremy Guthrie: 3.1 IP, 9 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO, 2 HR

3 Batting Stars:

Carlos Gonzalez: 3-5, 4 R, 3 H, 2 3B (2), 4 RBI (4), BB

Michael Cuddyer: 3-5, 2 R, 3 H, 3 2B (5), 2 RBI (4), BB

Chris Nelson: 3-4, 1 R, 3 H, 1 2B (1), 2 RBI (2), BB

Bullpen Stars:

Matt Belisle: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR

Tyler Chatwood: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 1 HR; (SV 1)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had a great night in terms of batting. Props to all the players, all knocked the rust off of their bats.

Belisle and Chatwood both pitched great when we needed long relief.

Gotta get the series win tomorrow!

Rockies move to 2-3 on the season. Next game is tomorrow at Coors Field against the Giants at 1:10pm.

GO ROCKIES!!!

The Experience
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I really like this guy...

"The good news,I made someone else's day again today.Unfortunately they were wearing orange & black. Luckily the bats had our back. #Rockies"

Jeremy Guthrie on twitter

Atwnbroncfan
04-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Why the heck did they credit Chatwood with a save. Was no where near a save opportunity.

CinnaMunMun
04-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Why the heck did they credit Chatwood with a save. Was no where near a save opportunity.

There are 3 different ways to get a save. You have to meet:

-Finishing pitcher by the winning team
-Not the pitcher in line for the win
-Credited for at least 1/3 inning pitched
-and one of the following:
1. He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning.
2. He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, at bat or on deck.
3. He pitches for at least three innings.

He fulfilled the 3rd option, the rarest of them.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Scutaro 4
Fowler 8
CarGo 7
Tulo 6
Cuddyer 9
Rosario 2
Pacheco 3
Nelson 5
Moyer 1

So, Pacheco is getting his first start at 1st base. This excites me, as I want him to become the future 1st basemen. But also, I'm worried too....as we always seem to miss Todd's scoop when others (besides Giambi) take over.

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Seems like we always rest Helton after a big hitting performance. I really hate that he is getting that far up in age to need that. But hopefully Pacheco pans out. Haven't seen much of him and unfortunately can't today since the game comes on during work. I may catch the last few innings. Hopefully Moyer bounces back with a better outing together. Otherwise I may start to doubt the decision to go with him like some of you guys.

Hope we take the rubber match before Arizona. Go Rox!!!

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
No damage first inning but an extremely high pitch count for Moyer.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Phew.

Bases loaded and Nate the Rockies killer up....and lucky he popped out.

Not a good start Jamie.

CinnaMunMun
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Error on Nelson, hit batter by Moyer, bases loaded and nobody scores.

Good to see them avoid damage!

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Much better Moyer.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2012, 12:58 PM
He's had runners in scoring position every inning.

Finally cost him. He got out of it with limited damage though.

Pitch count must be getting up there though.

Yup, 63 pitches through 3. He'll be lucky to make it through 5 at that rate.

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
He's had runners in scoring position every inning.

Finally cost him. He got out of it with limited damage though.

Pitch count must be getting up there though.

Yup, 63 pitches through 3. He'll be lucky to make it through 5 at that rate.

Yeah it's preferable to be burning minimum 6 innings to help the Pen. For your second man in the rotation he needs the ability to burn 7 and so far hasn't shown the ability to do that.

Still I'll take 5 with 1 or no runs if he can get some run support.

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Another runner in scoring position and another run.

He's gotta be above 80 pitches and not even through 4.

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
79 through 4. But not like I'm using this as an argument. Still pathetic.

JakeNbake
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Madi says nonononononononono.

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Are we really back to this offense so soon after yesterday? Please snap out of this Rockies.

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Madi says nonononononononono.

It's only 4 innings. It won't last.

JakeNbake
04-12-2012, 01:32 PM
It's only 4 innings. It won't last.

:) :) :) Ohhh.

DenverBlood
04-12-2012, 01:35 PM
93 pitches through 5. I'm guessing that's it for Moyer despite only allowing 2 runs. The ERA isn't god awe full but he is taxing the pen. Which we already did yesterday.

The Experience
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
And the offense is back to suckage.....

Is it too much to ask for some consistency?

CoryWinget81
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM

like i said, it's old school rox now haha

Broncoholic3233
04-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Meh, I don't put much into this.

Often when teams blow up one game, the next game is slow. I don't know why.