PDA

View Full Version : Who Needs Safety Help?

kona bronco
04-10-2012, 10:54 AM
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are moving on without safety Tanard Jackson, who they released Tuesday.

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reported Jackson, three months removed from shoulder surgery, fully intends to play next season.

How much interest Jackson draws (he's suffered through off-the-field issues) is another question, but a pool of teams need help at either strong of free safety -- or both -- heading into 2012:

Broncos: Denver's signing of Mike Adams adds a reliable, somewhat underrated performer to the mix, but the big question mark is Brian Dawkins. His future is up in the air after his 2011 season was derailed by neck injuries. If Dawkins does return, he turns 39 this season. Rahim Moore was underwhelming during his rookie campaign, and fellow first-year safety Quinton Carter was inconsistent.

You can read the enire article here http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82834056/article/who-needs-help-at-safety

theMileHighGuy
04-10-2012, 01:51 PM
... so in other words... we do??

kona bronco
04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Just seeing what bronco country thinks of the guy as a possible free agent

theMileHighGuy
04-10-2012, 02:26 PM
He's a decent player but he can't put the ganja down to have any kind of career. Might be worth taking a chance on if Dawk is done going forward.

Wouldn't mind having a big hitter back there to teach the kids something.

kona bronco
04-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I agree... In addition it would be one less hole to fill in the draft while still allowing us to develope Carter and Moore

BroncoSynapses
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know much about him, but I'm hope to see Carter in action this year. He seemed to really play better in the last few games...inconsistent ya, but when he was good, he really looked good. Hopefully, this year he will be come more consistently good.

Liked what I saw though, given I'm a football novice.

Holger_Danske
04-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Off the field issues are too much for his own team, why would you want to import that kind of crap to yours? Stay clear, I say.

Freyaka
04-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Off the field issues are too much for his own team, why would you want to import that kind of crap to yours? Stay clear, I say.

Yea but sometimes (not always obviously) a change of culture can help a troubled player stay clean. Get him away from the bad atmosphere that kept dragging him down before, obviously the player has to want to stay clean for the change to help him but I've seen it happen before.

kona bronco
04-11-2012, 09:11 AM
On a 1 year deal, take a chance....Colombus did lol

primetime714
04-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Meh I'm pretty comfortable with Carter and Adams if Dawkins doesn't return. With a real offseason to prepare I think Carter and Moore should do better this year. Bruton also provides adequate depth in addition to his special teams play.

Broncoboy6
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Although i would love for Dawkins to come back. But if he doesn't, i say we stick with our young guys. Although i really like our guys, i'd like to see us land Iloka.