PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Rockies vs Padres - 4/16/2012 to 4/18/2012 Series

Broncoholic3233
04-15-2012, 03:46 PM
The first meeting between the Colorado Rockies and San Diego Padres starts tomorrow.

Game times:

Monday, April 16th - 6:40pm
Tuesday, April 17th - 6:40pm
Wednesday, April 18th - 6:40 pm

Starting Pitchers:

Guthrie (1-0) vs Luebke (0-1)
Moyer (0-2) vs Bass (0-1)
Nicasio (0-0) vs Richard (1-0)

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 09:53 AM
The first meeting between the Colorado Rockies and San Diego Padres starts tomorrow.

Game times:

Monday, April 16th - 6:40pm
Tuesday, April 17th - 6:40pm
Wednesday, April 18th - 6:40 pm

Starting Pitchers:

Guthrie (1-0) vs Luebke (0-1)
Moyer (0-2) vs Bass (0-1)
Nicasio (0-0) vs Richard (1-0)

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

Go Rox!!! Would be great to get the first season sweep and get a leg up in the division minus the Dodgers. Of course that would require Arizona to lose their series too.

The Experience
04-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I really like our pitching matchups this series...

I think Guthrie and Nicasio will bounce back. Moyer, who knows?

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Scutaro 4
Fowler 8
Tulo 6
Helton 3
Cuddyer 9
Colvin 7
Hernandez 2
Nelson 5
Guthrie 1

Still no CarGo. :(

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Jesus Christ.

Pathetic.

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Do they start every game down 2-0?

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Apparently.

But this isn't Guthrie. I watched plenty of him last year with mlb.tv

Something is in his head right now.....ugh....idk.....annoying.....

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
The Padres were hitting .194.........and they already have 4 doubles. Guthrie needs to get right in the head soon.

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
More work for the bullpen.

And more than likely another loss.

Good work Guthrie. Good work.

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 06:21 PM
on a positive note, really like tyler colvin

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey, the good news? They weren't 4 HRs.

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
2 double play balls from Troy so far....not gonna cut it Troy....not at all....

Luckily....one was with 2 outs.....so he didn't get credited with another.

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Brilliant Troy.

BRILLIANT.

Error #4. Two double play balls. Keep it up big guy.

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Our defense has been awful thus far ..wth happened?

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Our defense has been awful thus far ..wth happened?

Gave up on one of the best defensive 3B in the game (and rightfully so), gave up on Barmes (and rightfully so).

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
heh i understand that, but its not just 1 or 2 positions in the field we look to be struggling at, considering we had one of the best defensive games - just hasnt looked good thus far, hopefully we just off to a slow start

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Gave up on one of the best defensive 3B in the game (and rightfully so), gave up on Barmes (and rightfully so).

Yeah my best friend is a pirates fan. I asked him opening day why Barmes is their starting SS. Surely that can't be their best option. And sure enough Barmes is hitting .115 8 games on.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah my best friend is a pirates fan. I asked him opening day why Barmes is their starting SS. Surely that can't be their best option. And sure enough Barmes is hitting .115 8 games on.

Could've been a perennial all-star, were it not for that injury.

He had 'em fooled for about two years lollipopping them into the shallow outfield, and then he couldn't even do that anymore.

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Could've been a perennial all-star, were it not for that injury.

He had 'em fooled for about two years lollipopping them into the shallow outfield, and then he couldn't even do that anymore.

Yeah I was so Disappointed with that freak injury. He has never been the same.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm surely convinced that someday Guthrie wont have a 5+ earned run game.

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm surely convinced that someday Guthrie wont have a 5+ earned run game.

He didn't the first game. Just hasn't been sharp at Coors Field.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
He didn't the first game. Just hasn't been sharp at Coors Field.

I was talking to Jeff about that. He might not be used to the altitude. Just about everything he threw tonight was flat and looked like a crockpot crossing the plate.

It didn't help that he didn't get any run support either. An error actually screwed the pooch for him as well.

No blame here on any one specific player. This is just how a .500 ball club plays.

(ps: don't attack me :P)

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I was talking to Jeff about that. He might not be used to the altitude. Just about everything he threw tonight was flat and looked like a crockpot crossing the plate.

It didn't help that he didn't get any run support either. An error actually screwed the pooch for him as well.

No blame here on any one specific player. This is just how a .500 ball club plays.

(ps: don't attack me :P)

Lol no its hard not to feel that way. The offense is very inconsistent snd the starting pitching has been awful. Chacin was going strong but the rain screwed that up.

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Lol no its hard not to feel that way. The offense is very inconsistent snd the starting pitching has been awful. Chacin was going strong but the rain screwed that up.

btw the "don't attack me" wasn't directed at you specifically :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM
nice strike out troy....keeping up his awful april so far....ugh

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM
You're killing me Tulo!!!!!

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
2 on no outs and we cant even advance a runner? this team is pathetic right now.

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:04 PM
2 on, no outs, and they waste it..........lovely hitting boys. I guess they're waiting for the bottom of the 9th to remember how to hit.

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
2 on no outs and we cant even advance a runner? this team is pathetic right now.

But they are all such good lockerroom guys that one of them will take it personally and try to light a fire under some people's butts.......SMH.

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
nice strike out troy....keeping up his awful april so far....ugh

Whole lineup is having a slow April except Cuddyer. And now Colvin. Need Cargo to get better soon except that relaces Colvin.

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 08:09 PM
haha, could care less about locker room if ur baseball is pathetic..and ur under performing..

I was pulling for tracy cause i like the guy but, im at the point where i want him and his coaching staff gone (continued from end of last yr)

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Whole lineup is having a slow April except Cuddyer. And now Colvin. Need Cargo to get better soon except that relaces Colvin.

Seriously, at this point just put Cargo in center and put Colvin in Left. Yes it's kneejerk, but something needs to spark a change in this lifeless club.

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:13 PM
LOL!!!!! I thought this was the worst hitting team in the Majors.

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Seriously, at this point just put Cargo in center and put Colvin in Left. Yes it's kneejerk, but something needs to spark a change in this lifeless club.

Something kind of like a coaching change? It worked in 09.

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Something kind of like a coaching change? It worked in 09.

O'Dowd is committed to Tracy. It would take a 15-20 game losing streak for the FO to dump Tracy. Just my thought.

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
LOL!!!!! I thought this was the worst hitting team in the Majors.

Yea, but we are one of, if not the, worst pitching team in the majors.

We need one starter to step up, have a good outing, and get the ball rolling. Our offense can't play down 2 runs before they step up to bat every game and our bullpen will crumble at this rate.

Bronco51
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Yea, but we are one of, if not the, worst pitching team in the majors.

We need one starter to step up, have a good outing, and get the ball rolling. Our offense can't play down 2 runs before they step up to bat every game and our bullpen will crumble at this rate.

Something tells me it won't be Moyer to getthat ball rolling tomorrow........just a hunch.

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Something tells me it won't be Moyer to getthat ball rolling tomorrow........just a hunch.

You never know. :laugh:

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
this is brutal to watch, not a good game in all phases sigh..at least the only way to go from here is up...

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Talk about nose dive. We just lost by 5+ runs to a team that can't hit.

:laugh:

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Pathetic. :(

At least the Nuggets won.

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Talk about nose dive. We just lost by 5+ runs to a team that can't hit.

:laugh:

And we make opposing pitchers look like ALL stars

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Guys and gals, it's gonna be okay. There's no where else to go but up!

Let's go ROX! Let's win the series. Get old man winter his win!

The Experience
04-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Pathetic....

Fire ODOWD

Fire TRacy

Fire APodaca (Has he ever developed a pitcher?)

Fire Lansford

Monforts Must Sell.....

Blondie79
04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Pathetic....

Fire ODOWD

Fire TRacy

Fire Lansford

Monforts Must Sell.....

/signed!............

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
It's already under my name....switched it like 20 minutes ago

CoryWinget81
04-16-2012, 08:43 PM
O'dowd will always toe the company line, and Tracy knows he's got a paycheck for life if he just follows O'dowds lead. Monforts will never sell that money printing factory on Blake St. unless the fans stop showing up. Let's face it, never gonna happen.

All we can pray for now is some scandal and the commissioner forcing them to sell the team.

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Pathetic....

Fire ODOWD

Fire TRacy

Fire Lansford

Monforts Must Sell.....

De La Rosa was a #5 guy when we got him.
Matt Belisle was a throwaway bullpen pitcher.
He helped Jiminez throw his no-hitter by telling him to pitch from the stretch.

Besides that, he is okay. One of the few guys I don't want to go. Lansford is just a body, O'Dowd and Tracy should pack their desks if we miss the playoffs.

The Experience
04-16-2012, 09:42 PM
De La Rosa was a #5 guy when we got him.
Matt Belisle was a throwaway bullpen pitcher.
He helped Jiminez throw his no-hitter by telling him to pitch from the stretch.

Besides that, he is okay. One of the few guys I don't want to go. Lansford is just a body, O'Dowd and Tracy should pack their desks if we miss the playoffs.

De La Rosa is the only guy I can think of. Belisle was garbage as a starter until he was sent down to AAA and became a closer (that pitching coach did the job)

Jimenez had so much potential but Apodaca gets as much blame as anyone for him falling apart.

Apodaca is a bum, always has been. One of the top 5 worst pitching coaches in baseball. He has been here way too long.....

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 09:54 PM
De La Rosa is the only guy I can think of. Belisle was garbage as a starter until he was sent down to AAA and became a closer (that pitching coach did the job)

Jimenez had so much potential but Apodaca gets as much blame as anyone for him falling apart.

Apodaca is a bum, always has been. One of the top 5 worst pitching coaches in baseball. He has been here way too long.....

Belisle never started a game for us. He also sucked when we first got him and after he was called up. He matured in the majors and continues to do so.

Jimenez was only productive here and fell apart due to his injury. Afterwards he was never the same.

You calling him a bum is simply pure hatred with little to back it up. Look at the "talent" he has had to work with. The best being De La Rosa and Jimenez, both turned into good pitchers here. He had to work with Cook, injury Francis, Hammel, Guthrie, and guys like that.

If you want to blame someone, look at the dud who can't draft a pitcher to save his life.

The Experience
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Belisle never started a game for us. He also sucked when we first got him and after he was called up. He matured in the majors and continues to do so.

Jimenez was only productive here and fell apart due to his injury. Afterwards he was never the same.

You calling him a bum is simply pure hatred with little to back it up. Look at the "talent" he has had to work with. The best being De La Rosa and Jimenez, both turned into good pitchers here. He had to work with Cook, injury Francis, Hammel, Guthrie, and guys like that.

If you want to blame someone, look at the dud who can't draft a pitcher to save his life.

Apodaca has always had good talent to work with.... He is just not a good pitching coach, plain and simple. Apodaca has ruined more promising careers than helped (Chacon, Francis, Hammel, Jimenez, Morillo, Paulino, Morales) The list goes on and on. I give him a pass on Chac because Hurdle had a lot to do with killing his career also.

DOD doesn't get a pass either, he is awful as well. This entire FO and staff need to go except for the base coaches.

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Apodaca has always had good talent to work with.... He is just not a good pitching coach, plain and simple. Apodaca has ruined more promising careers than helped (Chacon, Francis, Hammel, Jimenez, Morillo, Paulino, Morales) The list goes on and on. I give him a pass on Chac because Hurdle had a lot to do with killing his career also.

DOD doesn't get a pass either, he is awful as well. This entire FO and staff need to go except for the base coaches.

Chacon was an overblown piece of crap. He was horribly inconsistent and if he was so promising, New York or Pittsburgh could have fixed him.

Francis blew out his throwing shoulder, dropping his MPH from average to crap. Unless Apodaca was hitting him with a hammer in the locker room, I seriously doubt he had anything to do with that.

Hammel is enjoying a small amount of success. I'll eat my friggin hat if he finishes anywhere close to where he is now. His FIP is almost 2 points higher than his actual ERA. Expect them to close the gap.

Juan Morillo can throw hard. That is it. No team has been able to make him even a halfway decent pitcher.

Paulino went from enjoying a bad year here, to a below average one with the Royals. Oh we sure missed out on that one. :rolleyes:

Morales was Jimenez light. I'm glad he is doing good in Boston as a reliever. Hopefully he keeps it up.

It is really funny however that of all the guys he "ruined" somehow no team out of the multiple ones many of the traveled to were able to turn them into decent pitchers.

Again, blind hatred that just shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

The Experience
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Chacon was an overblown piece of crap. He was horribly inconsistent and if he was so promising, New York or Pittsburgh could have fixed him.

Francis blew out his throwing shoulder, dropping his MPH from average to crap. Unless Apodaca was hitting him with a hammer in the locker room, I seriously doubt he had anything to do with that.

Hammel is enjoying a small amount of success. I'll eat my friggin hat if he finishes anywhere close to where he is now. His FIP is almost 2 points higher than his actual ERA. Expect them to close the gap.

Juan Morillo can throw hard. That is it. No team has been able to make him even a halfway decent pitcher.

Paulino went from enjoying a bad year here, to a below average one with the Royals. Oh we sure missed out on that one. :rolleyes:

Morales was Jimenez light. I'm glad he is doing good in Boston as a reliever. Hopefully he keeps it up.

It is really funny however that of all the guys he "ruined" somehow no team out of the multiple ones many of the traveled to were able to turn them into decent pitchers.

Again, blind hatred that just shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

2012 - 15th season is not over yet but not looking good.
2011 - 15th
2010 - 12th
2009 - 8th
2008 - 15th
2007 - 8th
2006 - 13th
2005 - 15th
2004 - 16th
2003 - 16th

that is the NL ranking in team ERA under Apodaca, only in the top 10 twice in 10 years.... So it's the players fault all that time? Apodaca is an awful pitching coach, those numbers support it, ranked dead last twice and 2nd worst 4 times. That means in close to 10 seasons, 6 so far he has coached this team to dead last or 2nd to last in the NL. Any manager with that type of track record as a a skipper would have been canned a long time ago. And any pitching coach for a team that actually gives a damn about winning with that track record would have been fired a long time ago as well....

But I don't know what I'm talking about.....

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 11:59 PM
2012 - 15th season is not over yet but not looking good.
2011 - 15th
2010 - 12th
2009 - 8th
2008 - 15th
2007 - 8th
2006 - 13th
2005 - 15th
2004 - 16th
2003 - 16th

that is the NL ranking in team ERA under Apodaca, only in the top 10 twice in 10 years.... So it's the players fault all that time? Apodaca is an awful pitching coach, those numbers support it, ranked dead last twice and 2nd worst 4 times. That means in close to 10 seasons, 6 so far he has coached this team to dead last or 2nd to last in the NL. Any manager with that type of track record as a a skipper would have been canned a long time ago. And any pitching coach for a team that actually gives a damn about winning with that track record would have been fired a long time ago as well....

But I don't know what I'm talking about.....

2012: 3rd
2011: 2nd
2010: 1st
2009: 1st
2008: 3rd
2007: 3rd
2006: 2nd
2005: 2nd
2004: 1st
2003: 5th

You know what those are? Rankings of offensive production due to ballpark factors. Meaning Coors Field is quite possibly the best hitters park in baseball, which is where the stigma comes from. That also means it is tough to pitch there, in fact it is the place pitchers go to die. That has been a fact long before Apodaca was hired.

Also here is the starting pitchers from 2004-05:
Joe Kennedy
Jason Jennings
Jeff Francis
Chin-Hui Tsao
Shawn Chacon (04)
Byung-Hyun Kim (05)

Killer roster there. All of which were out of the majors in a few years minus Francis (who is now out of the majors).

Yea, I stand by my previous statement.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 12:27 AM
2012: 3rd
2011: 2nd
2010: 1st
2009: 1st
2008: 3rd
2007: 3rd
2006: 2nd
2005: 2nd
2004: 1st
2003: 5th

You know what those are? Rankings of offensive production due to ballpark factors. Meaning Coors Field is quite possibly the best hitters park in baseball, which is where the stigma comes from. That also means it is tough to pitch there, in fact it is the place pitchers go to die. That has been a fact long before Apodaca was hired.

Also here is the starting pitchers from 2004-05:
Joe Kennedy
Jason Jennings
Jeff Francis
Chin-Hui Tsao
Shawn Chacon (04)
Byung-Hyun Kim (05)

Killer roster there. All of which were out of the majors in a few years minus Francis (who is now out of the majors).

Yea, I stand by my previous statement.

I knew the Coors Field argument would come up...

I don't buy the hitter park argument there have been plenty of teams that develop good pitching staffs despite a hitter friendly park....

Your just making excuses for a guy who doesn't deserve them.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
I knew the Coors Field argument would come up...

I don't buy the hitter park argument there have been plenty of teams that develop good pitching staffs despite a hitter friendly park....

Your just making excuses for a guy who doesn't deserve them.

I don't think you get Coors Field then. Players like Larry Walker won't get into the HOF because of Coors. No other park can claim that.

Coors isn't a hitter friendly park, it is THE hitter friendly park. Large outfield, thin air, and up until 2002 dry baseballs. If you think Coors isn't a pitcher's hell, then you are in denial.

I've also brought up the all-star cast he had, the fact that most of our top pitching draft picks never get to the majors, and he helped some key players.

Is he a top pitching coach? Hell no. But he certainly deserves better than what you are giving him.

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 06:44 AM
I don't think you get Coors Field then. Players like Larry Walker won't get into the HOF because of Coors. No other park can claim that.

Coors isn't a hitter friendly park, it is THE hitter friendly park. Large outfield, thin air, and up until 2002 dry baseballs. If you think Coors isn't a pitcher's hell, then you are in denial.

I've also brought up the all-star cast he had, the fact that most of our top pitching draft picks never get to the majors, and he helped some key players.

Is he a top pitching coach? Hell no. But he certainly deserves better than what you are giving him.

Don't take this the wrong way because I completely agree and understand that Coors field is and always has been a huge factor with the Rockies pitching problem. I think that is part of the reason Guthrie looked so much better in Houston than he has in his two home starts.

However I think it is also a bit of a mentality thing to pitchers as well. It's almost like they come in expecting to mess up. I mean other than a couple of games opposing pitchers haven't had the same struggles against our offense at Coors field. Our hitters averages these days are very low for such a hitter friendly park.

I almost feel like all the humidor has done is screw up our own offense from the days of the Blake Street Bombers more than it's helped our pitching staff. With the exception of a couple of years.

Anyways my main point was that if I agree with you that the park is a huge problem then where does that get us? Do we basically have to accept the fact that we will never have a premier pitching staff in Colorado? You can put balls in a humidor all you want but you can never change the actual elements in Denver. And if we are relegated to believing this will never allow for a good pitching staff then what is the point of fielding a team?

I'm not being sarcastic though I may be being a little dramatic but it is something I've wondered about at times.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 09:14 AM

So how long are we gonna give this guy to put together a good pitching staff?

He hasn't done it yet, in 10 years..... Time to move on from him.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't think we'll ever have this elite pitching staff you are looking for.

The Coors excuse, is far from an excuse. It's very difficult to pitch here....and well.....that's obvious, even with the humidor. I'll be shocked if we have a top 5 pitching staff, even if we have some huge names.

I personally, have no problem with Apodaca. Also, I don't think Karney is the problem. Our offense has shown up. The main problem...is you take the identity of your coach.....and Tracy is soft....this team is soft.

Once, IF, he goes....if we don't improve...you take a look at the other coaches.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Also, I'm not excusing his loss.....but......Guthrie appears to have possibly caught what CarGo has. And CarGo said, the last game he played, he almost passed our running the bases, literally.

He pitched under the weather yesterday, and while he wasn't good, he at least got through 7 innings, saving our bullpen.

Hopefully he's all healthy by his next start.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think we'll ever have this elite pitching staff you are looking for.

The Coors excuse, is far from an excuse. It's very difficult to pitch here....and well.....that's obvious, even with the humidor. I'll be shocked if we have a top 5 pitching staff, even if we have some huge names.

I personally, have no problem with Apodaca. Also, I don't think Karney is the problem. Our offense has shown up. The main problem...is you take the identity of your coach.....and Tracy is soft....this team is soft.

Once, IF, he goes....if we don't improve...you take a look at the other coaches.

I think DOD Tracy Dac And Carney are all a big part of the problem.....

DOD has had way too long to do his job and he has sucked.

Tracy is way too soft, they need someone who can kick this team in the ass when they need it. Hell I'd even take Ozzie Guillen just someone with some fire.

Apodaca has never been good.

Lansford couldn't even hang in the minors as a hitting coach he is a complete idiot.

Fire DOD hire someone from the Phillies FO.

Fire Tracy and hire one of the following:

Brian Butterfield (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=tor&coachorstaffid=427047)

DeMarlo Hale (http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=bal&coachorstaffid=427204)

Terry Pendleton (http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=atl&coachorstaffid=120381)

Sandy Alomar Jr. (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=cle&coachorstaffid=110184)

Juan Samuel (http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=phi&coachorstaffid=121651)

Don Baylor (http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=ari&coachorstaffid=110719)

Click on name for resume

All would be an upgrade over Tracy

JakeNbake
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
You should hire Clint Hurdle too.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 11:11 AM
You should hire Clint Hurdle too.

http://gifsoup.com/view/193502/tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 11:17 AM
So how long are we gonna give this guy to put together a good pitching staff?

He hasn't done it yet, in 10 years..... Time to move on from him.

It is Apodaca's job to train the staff, not to put it together. The inept drafting is on O'Dowd.

I think DOD Tracy Dac And Carney are all a big part of the problem.....

DOD has had way too long to do his job and he has sucked.

Tracy is way too soft, they need someone who can kick this team in the ass when they need it. Hell I'd even take Ozzie Guillen just someone with some fire.

Apodaca has never been good.

Lansford couldn't even hang in the minors as a hitting coach he is a complete idiot.

Fire DOD hire someone from the Phillies FO.

Fire Tracy and hire one of the following:

Brian Butterfield (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=tor&coachorstaffid=427047)

DeMarlo Hale (http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=bal&coachorstaffid=427204)

Terry Pendleton (http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=atl&coachorstaffid=120381)

Sandy Alomar Jr. (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=cle&coachorstaffid=110184)

Juan Samuel (http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=phi&coachorstaffid=121651)

Don Baylor (http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=ari&coachorstaffid=110719)

Click on name for resume

All would be an upgrade over Tracy

Butterfield is a defensive guru, but would be similar to Tracy in regards to style.

Hale isn't that good. The guy barely has a winning record in the minors.

Pendleton doesn't seem to want a head gig. He bowed out of the Nationals gig a while back.

Alomar was already with us before and was let go. He also was fired from the Mets. He is more of a name than a coach.

Samuel isn't very good either. He is just a body, like Don Baylor. Neither improve the team, they ride the talent on it.

Out of all of those guys, the only one I would want would be Butterfield.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 11:21 AM
It is Apodaca's job to train the staff, not to put it together. The inept drafting is on O'Dowd.

Butterfield is a defensive guru, but would be similar to Tracy in regards to style.

Hale isn't that good. The guy barely has a winning record in the minors.

Pendleton doesn't seem to want a head gig. He bowed out of the Nationals gig a while back.

Alomar was already with us before and was let go. He also was fired from the Mets. He is more of a name than a coach.

Samuel isn't very good either. He is just a body, like Don Baylor. Neither improve the team, they ride the talent on it.

Out of all of those guys, the only one I would want would be Butterfield.

Your thinking of Sandy Alomar Sr. Jr. is one of the hottest managerial candidates out there right now as is Butterfield....

My top choice is Butterfield as well. He is a defensive guru but he is much more energetic than Tracy.

Butterfield will be a great skipper IMO.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Your thinking of Sandy Alomar Sr. Jr. is one of the hottest managerial candidates out there right now as is Butterfield....

My top choice is Butterfield as well. He is a defensive guru but he is much more energetic than Tracy.

Butterfield will be a great skipper IMO.

Oh, I did read that wrong. Jr is actually a pretty good candidate.

Butterfield has the potential to be great, but the Jays keep passing over him for promotion so it makes you wonder if he is destined to be a great bench coach rather than manager.

I would like to give him a shot if we do miss the playoffs though.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh, I did read that wrong. Jr is actually a pretty good candidate.

Butterfield has the potential to be great, but the Jays keep passing over him for promotion so it makes you wonder if he is destined to be a great bench coach rather than manager.

I would like to give him a shot if we do miss the playoffs though.

I'm almost down for anyone right now. I'm tired of the same crap. But this is all moot since our ownership gave Tracy a lifetime deal....

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm almost down for anyone right now. I'm tired of the same crap. But this is all moot since our ownership gave Tracy a lifetime deal....

I figure the guy who did give it to him (O'Dowd) is probably sent packing if we really struggle this year, so Tracy will be sent as well.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
I figure the guy who did give it to him (O'Dowd) is probably sent packing if we really struggle this year, so Tracy will be sent as well.

I can only hope. But I doubt that either go.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Scutaro 4
Fowler 8
CarGo 7
Tulo 6
Helton 3
Cuddyer 9
Rosario 2
Nelson 5
Moyer 1

Thank God CarGo is back.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Cmon Moyer, prove me wrong.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 02:16 PM
It appears Escalona has been added to the pen.

Chatwood sent down.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
It appears Escalona has been added to the pen.

Chatwood sent down.

Not a shocker.

I have been singing high praises for this guy for a long time. Edge is legit and I have a feeling he will be one of the most effective relievers we will have this year.

His stuff is flat out nasty, he throws a very heavy sinker that can top out at 96mph, with a hard slider.

He has 8th inning/closer written all over him.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
It's because our pen is killed it sounds like, not based on talent at the moment, more based on need.

He's been effective early in AAA.

Hope he stays though. Chatwood needs to pitch more. Very high potential, so AAA will allow him to do that.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 02:26 PM
It's because our pen is killed it sounds like, not based on talent at the moment, more based on need.

Hope he stays though. Chatwood needs to pitch more. Very high potential, so AAA will allow him to do that.

Yeah, in a perfect world Chatwood, Moscoso or White would be in the rotation instead of the guy going today.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM

Chatwood can be a good #3 someday with his stuff. He does need to work some kinks out though. I think he has given up a run in every appearance.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Chatwood can be a good #3 someday with his stuff. He does need to work some kinks out though. I think he has given up a run in every appearance.

To be fair though....most his outings have been 2+ innings if not all of them

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Holy Crap!

We got out of the 1st inning without giving up a run! AND Tulo didn't have an error :P

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Holy Crap!

We got out of the 1st inning without giving up a run! AND Tulo didn't have an error :P

And the pitch count was below 30. And that's good for any of our pitchers so far not just Moyer.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Well that sucks. Tulo hit that twice.

But man, Bass looks like he is going to be a monster.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Moyer4MVP!

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Gotta get him some run support.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:13 PM
That'll be 5 errors for Troy now.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm sick of his crap, hope he's benched tomorrow.

CoryWinget81
04-17-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm sick of his crap, hope he's benched tomorrow.

He probably needs to be.

He's pressing, and he needs to know to knock this crap off.

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 06:16 PM
That'll be 5 errors for Troy now.

Seriously? It's gotta be in his head or something.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Seriously? It's gotta be in his head or something.

My theory is his hip is bothering him more than he wants to admit. He said it hurt after being plunked against Huston.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:17 PM
He probably needs to be.

He's pressing, and he needs to know to knock this crap off.

Yes.

That's why he needs to be. He needs to calm the hell down.

Take a day off.

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't watch anymore. Free trial is over. But ESPN isn't showing it as an error yet.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
I can't watch anymore. Free trial is over. But ESPN isn't showing it as an error yet.

I guarantee they will give him an error. Sad part is Todd actually saved it and it should have been an out. Ump blew it.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
I guarantee they will give him an error. Sad part is Todd actually saved it and it should have been an out. Ump blew it.

Eh. It was close.

Not conclusive, but it did look like Todd BARELY got the bag with the glove before the foot.

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Yep it's showing now.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
that's my boy, Dex!!

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
2 out single by Cuddy, and Rosario drives him home with a double!

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 07:23 PM
6 errors for Tulo.

He's going to cost Moyer his win.

Way to go Troy.

Blondie79
04-17-2012, 07:24 PM
geez tulo....

CoryWinget81
04-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Wow Moyers wife is kinna hot!

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
I give in. Tulo needs to either be benched or go on the DL. This is extremely uncharacteristic. And Moyer is pitching beyond himself tonight to possibly not win.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
7 innings for Moyer. SHOULD be 0 R, 0 ER. Instead, he leaves with 2 R, 0 ER.

Way to go Troy....way to go.

Hats off to Moyer, terrific outing.

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Im also in agreement. Tulo needs to sit tomorrow. If Moyer doesn't get his win tonight....ugh

Blondie79
04-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Cuddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Huston hangs the slider over the plate like we all know he does....and cuddy gets his 7th double of the year and an insurance run!

Good Job Cuddy!

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Good job Rosario!

Sac fly!

5-2 Rockies

CinnaMunMun
04-17-2012, 08:06 PM
And this is why nobody was sad to see you go Street.

DenverBlood
04-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Good thing they got insurance or the team would've blown his for Moyor. Now shake it off and get the save.

Blondie79
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
great win for moyer, pitched really well today. Congrats Jamie!

should have never been this close but uh, c'mon defense step it up.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Congrats to Jamie Moyer!!!!!!!!

Atta baby Raffy!

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 08:38 PM
https://d1au12fyca1yp1.cloudfront.net/160281/160281_melt.jpg

Blondie79
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
great pic, great to see the support and congratulations for him.

Moyer was pretty emotional, this win and game means a ton to him.

The Experience
04-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Great job by Moyer and congrats.

Broncoholic3233
04-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Rockies 5 Padres 3

Congrats to Jamie Moyer! He is the oldest pitcher to ever win a big league game! He was phenomenal tonight, and really should have had a 7 inning shut out if it weren't for Tulo. If he can pitch like this every night, I'll be glad to keep him on.

Starting Pitching:

Jamie Moyer: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR; W (1-2)

3 Batting Stars:

Michael Cuddyer: (2-4) 2 H, R, 2B (7), RBI (6)

Dexter Fowler: (1-4) H, R, HR (2), 2 RBI (4)

Wilin Rosario: (1-3) H, 2B (1), 2 RBI (4)

Bullpen Stars:

Rex Brothers: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR; H (2)

Rafael Betancourt: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 1 HR; SV (3)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double plays were very friendly to us tonight, as we turned 4 of them. If Tulo wouldn't have committed his 6th error of the season, we would've turned 5, and Moyer might have thrown a shutout.

Tulo has had a miserable start so far. He has 6 errors in 11 games. He had 6 errors all last year. I hope he is benched tomorrow to help him clear his mind.

CarGo finally returned after having an 103 degree fever and strep throat. He didn't register a hit, but he walked twice. Glad to have him back.

Rockies move to 5-6 on the season. Next game is tomorrow at Coors Field against the San Diego Padres at 6:40pm.

GO ROCKIES!!!

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg738/scaled.php?tn=0&server=738&filename=d0azt.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

BroncoFanBoy
04-18-2012, 08:53 AM
What, did we trade Tulo for Hanley or something? He's been terrible on defense so far this season... Tulowitzki's better than this...

The Experience
04-18-2012, 01:39 PM
As expected, Tulo gets the day off...

CoryWinget81
04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
As expected, Tulo gets the day off...

Good.

Sit down and work it out, Meatstick.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Scutaro 6
Fowler 8
CarGo 7
Cuddyer 9
Helton 3
Rosario 2
Nelson 5
Herrera 4
Nicasio 1

Tulo benched to clear his head more than likely.

CinnaMunMun
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Tracy swears Tulo sitting today was a scheduled day, but Tulo said he understands even if it wasn't.

Tulo swears he isn't hurt, and he admits to letting it get into his head.

Giambi, being the pro he is, sat down with Tulo, showed him highlight reels of his past years, and told him that he can't worry about it.

EDIT: Also I love the Cuddy move to cleanup for today. Hopefully it will give us a spark against a lefty in Richards.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Playing behind right off of the bat again....ugh....

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Excluding last night why can't this staff get out of the first with no damage?

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Alright offense. Keep it up.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 06:06 PM
That's my boy JOHNNY!!!

LOVE THAT KID!!!

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Dexter!!!

5-1 Rockies

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Looks like one of those break out nights.

Atwnbroncfan
04-18-2012, 06:16 PM
You know,it's a good day when Herrera is hitting homeruns.

CinnaMunMun
04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Todd made an oops, just to remind us he is mortal. :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Cuddy!!

2 run BLAST!

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Nicasio with the RBI!

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm surprised Tracey is keeping him in for the 9th.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm surprised Tracey is keeping him in for the 9th.

:confused:

It's the bottom of the 6th right now...haha

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 07:30 PM
:confused:

It's the bottom of the 6th right now...haha

Lol typo that I didn't catch. Totally meant the 7th.

CoryWinget81
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Not a bad night, Nico

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Should've let him finish the 7th Tracy....damn you.

Good job Nicasio! Way to bounce back and bring a bat with ya!

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Pretty nice when they score on a strikeout.

SMH Tracy....should've trusted your pitcher to finish his inning, no the tying run is at the plate.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Cuddyer left the game with a bruised left toe.

Hopefully doesn't cost him any games.

CinnaMunMun
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Fun question time:

Would you trade Chad Bettis and Tim Wheeler/Charlie Blackmon for Wandy Rodriquez?

(ignoring the money aspect)

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Fun question time:

Would you trade Chad Bettis and Tim Wheeler/Charlie Blackmon for Wandy Rodriquez?

(ignoring the money aspect)

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Probably. Desperate for pitching.

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 08:01 PM
I say no. I like Blackmon. And isn't Wandy older than Guthrie or am I way off on that? Of course we are going with a 49 year old.

Pitching needs help but offense is still very inconsistent. Still could use talent on a few spots.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Blackmon has lost his job to Colvin.

Fowler and CarGo aren't going anywhere for a long time. Cuddyer here for at least two plus years.

Blackmon is kind of the odd man out right now and we need pitching.

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Blackmon has lost his job to Colvin.

Fowler and CarGo aren't going anywhere for a long time. Cuddyer here for at least two plus years.

Blackmon is kind of the odd man out right now and we need pitching.

I agree we need pitching. But is Wandy really the answer.

Yes Blackmon is odd man out but what's wrong with depth? Is he not a potential better option as a ph and DH for inter league? Giambi won't be around forever.

Broncoholic3233
04-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Nicasio gets the win!

Rockies win the series!

Off day tomorrow.

DenverBlood
04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Good bounce back win for Nicasio. Probably a couple of more runs than he shouldve had but that's Tracey for you. Back to .500 again in time for a road trip. GO ROX!!