PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] The Experience's minor league report

The Experience
04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Since everybody seems to have a job in this section (Recaps, game threads, etc) I will give myself one. I will keep everyone up to date with the Rockies minor league affiliates and top prospects. In this thread we can discuss all things Rockies minor league baseball.

I will try to keep up to date as much as possible.

Go Rockies!

The Experience
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM
First Report.

Nolan Arrenado's 1st bomb for double A Tulsa was a game winner He is currently hitting .395 with 8 RBI.

A young prospect playing for Modesto by the name of Isaiah Fronebereger currently leads the entire organization with an ERA of 1.08, he has also struck out 12 in 8 1/3. He is a guy to keep an eye on moving forward.

Edgmer Escalona has thrown 5 scoreless innings in AAA and has notched 2 saves as the closer. He will be with the big club soon. He has closer stuff and could be a setup man/closer in the future for the Rockies. Putting up those numbers in COLORADO SPRINGS is beyond impressive and shows that Edge is the real deal.

Both Tyler Matzek and Christian Friedrich are off to great starts for their clubs.

Matzek has a 1.86 ERA despite being 0-2 for Modesto.

Friedrich is 1-1 with a 2.92 ERA in AAA.

Both Matzek and Friedrich are 1 and 2 in the Minor League system in Ks

This is great news considering both struggled mightily last year. It will be interesting to see how they do as the season progresses.

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty much the only job doer around here because I am King. :P

But that's because I enjoy it and like to recap and make the game day threads.

But yes, this is a good idea.

Keep it up :)

DenverBlood
04-16-2012, 04:09 PM

Will you be making Broncos threads in this section come September. I like how most of the people in this section are rationale and discuss the Nuggets, Rockies and Avs. Would be nice to keep away from the chaos of the main section for Broncos games too.

Also to the OP great idea for this thread. Always good to talk about home grown talent versus trading for names. Some of the Rockies all time greats are home grown including Helton who tops the list.

CinnaMunMun
04-16-2012, 04:24 PM

You bum, I did this all last year plus the previous player watch! :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Will you be making Broncos threads in this section come September. I like how most of the people in this section are rationale and discuss the Nuggets, Rockies and Avs. Would be nice to keep away from the chaos of the main section for Broncos games too.

Also to the OP great idea for this thread. Always good to talk about home grown talent versus trading for names. Some of the Rockies all time greats are home grown including Helton who tops the list.

I can. It's a good idea. I'll at least start them.

I'm a season ticket holder though so I won't be on for the home games. But would definitely rather discuss the away games here than the main thread where panic ensues right away.

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
You bum, I did this all last year plus the previous player watch! :laugh:

Noooooooooooooo Curt.

I meant in this section so far. I make the gameday threads and Rockies recaps.

But yes. You're farm report last year was very good in the OLD dumb section :P

Y'all should collaborate.

Broncoholic3233
04-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Plus I lobbied for this forum for a long time in feedback, PM's, hell even outside the boards.

So, I do my best to keep it active, and viewed and a place where people talk, talk, talk...

The Experience
04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Escalona called up to the bigs.

Pacheco goes 2-3 at 3B for the Sox

Moscoso strikes out 10 in a start for the Sox

Edwar Cabrera throws 8 1 hit innings for AA Tulsa. Apparently he has the nastiest changeup ever