PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV drops price of Sunday Ticket under $200

MarkB
04-20-2012, 11:09 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/directv-drops-price-of-sunday-ticket-under-200/

At a time everything relating to the NFL seems to be getting more and more expensive, one fairly significant aspect of the fan experience is getting cheaper.

According to Bloomberg.com, via SportsBusiness Daily, DirecTV will cut the price of its Sunday Ticket feature by more than 40 percent, to $199.95.

Also, the service once again will be provided free for one season to new subscribers.

Since 1994, Sunday Ticket has held exclusive rights to out-of-market games, making it an indispensable tool for anyone who follows a team that doesnít have a local connection.

Jay3
04-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I will have this, oh yes, I will have it.

ebsoria
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
LOL!!!

Here's the thing.. we get 5 Prime Time games. Due to local marketing(NorCal) I figure maybe 2 or 3 more. Telelvision and whatnot, we might get to catch another game.

By my math, and estimating low, I'd get to see 8 or 9 games this season to begin with. I told Wifey that I can't justify the original $300+ for those other 5- 7 games and that I think it should be spent on just going to Denver for a game..

.. she AGREED!!!!! And we're going Sept. 30th with a few Raider fan friends. She was the one most excited since she hasn't been to Denver for a game yet.

roushmartin6
04-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Good news for me. Even though most of our games I will see on local channels, my dad enjoys it so he can watch the Cowboys play as well.

RaiderFanSD
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Awesome :D

Jay3
04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Good news for me. Even though most of our games I will see on local channels, my dad enjoys it so he can watch the Cowboys play as well.

I end up enjoying all sorts of games on it.

I paid full price last year and never regretted it. The year before, I tried to get by, and supplemented with trips to a sports bar. But I ended up getting fat on chicken wings and spending about $40 a game anyway. :D

Gsam
04-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I might pay full price for that and not even try to negotiate. For once I feel like the price is in line with the value.

Its only like $ $11.75 a week. Heck I would spend that just getting lunch at a sports bar

jarbronco
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I have complained about not being able to get the NFL Network through my cable company. This is ridiculous. It turns out that Brighhouse wants to charge extra for it and the NFL doesn't agree. I just mean the channel, not the games.

BroncoSexyDaddy
04-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I might pay full price for that and not even try to negotiate. For once I feel like the price is in line with the value.

Its only like $ $11.75 a week. Heck I would spend that just getting lunch at a sports barThis is not good news to the sports bars,they will lose a lot of money this season.Direct TV will get a lot more subscribers with dropping the price and offering the first season free.