PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] The Fire Tracy Thread

The Experience
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Cant believe we gave this clown a lifetime contract. Its really sad when Clint freakin Hurdle outmanages you....

Screw you O'Dowd and Monforts!

DenverBlood
04-24-2012, 08:24 PM
And Hurdle took us to the world series. Tracey couldn't get past the first round with Hurdles players. If we wouldn't give Hurdle a lifetime contract why the hell does Tracey have one?

CoryWinget81
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm in.

Tracy is a good skip....when the players don't need a skip.

The Experience
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
And Hurdle took us to the world series. Tracey couldn't get past the first round with Hurdles players. If we wouldn't give Hurdle a lifetime contract why the hell does Tracey have one?

Hurdle was awful.... I wouldn't say he took the Rockies to the world series, the Rockies took him.

Tracy is heading in the same direction.

DenverBlood
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Hurdle was awful.... I wouldn't say he took the Rockies to the world series, the Rockies took him.

Tracy is heading in the same direction.

Point taken but my point is Hurdle still went further with it than Tracey ever has. All Tracey has done is made the team worse each year. Though technically this year isn't worse than last year yet.

The Experience
04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Point taken but my point is Hurdle still went further with it than Tracey ever has. All Tracey has done is made the team worse each year. Though technically this year isn't worse than last year yet.

If this team ever wants to be serious then they need to get a serious manager.

We don't have serious owners so that will never happen.

Broncoholic3233
04-24-2012, 08:58 PM
You already know I want him gone...

The Experience
05-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Ummmmmmmm Bump

Broncoholic3233
05-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Fire Tracy.

Ban him from the state of Colorado.

The Experience
05-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Here is what I have grown to really dislike about Tracy. He is way too damn positive. Did anyone see his PC last night? He thinks we will be fine....

God we need a skipper who will kick this team in the ass.

Eddiemac730
05-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Can you put the Monforts and dealing Dan on that same train!!

The Experience
05-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Would love to, but they aren't going anywhere....

CoryWinget81
05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Here is what I have grown to really dislike about Tracy. He is way too damn positive. Did anyone see his PC last night? He thinks we will be fine....

God we need a skipper who will kick this team in the ass.

He knows that pitching is horrible, so he's just started accepting it I think.

Atwnbroncfan
05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
As much as I hate the moves Tracy makes, it's not his fault O'DOWD isn't giving him a legit rotation.

CoryWinget81
05-06-2012, 11:31 AM
As much as I hate the moves Tracy makes, it's not his fault O'DOWD isn't giving him a legit rotation.

They were talking about this the other day on the radio. Did you have any idea that O'dowd chose wigginton and lopez over Berkman? Apparently they were quibbling over about 1.0m.

:laugh:

BluenOrnge4Life
05-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Exactly. Dan has failed at his job more than anybody.

People are always quick to blame the coach, but just take a look at the roster & tell me that's not the problem.

The Experience
05-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Dan O' Dud is awful also. He has made countless mistakes. He has refused to improve this team.

Broncoholic3233
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Exactly. Dan has failed at his job more than anybody.

People are always quick to blame the coach, but just take a look at the roster & tell me that's not the problem.

He actually has a pretty damn good roster.

Our defense is SUPPOSED to be the best in the West, but, something has gone wrong thus far.

Our offense is stacked. Really, really stacked. CarGo, Tulo, Helton, Cuddyer (That's a beastly 3-6). Our catchers combined have been killing it as well, and not being over worked. Dexter already has 4 bombs. Johnny has 2.

Our offense has been great, and well...Lansford has actually been doing good this year.

Now, our pitching...now that's not stacked. O'Dowd is terrible. I am not deflecting blame from him. I want him fired first and foremost. However, Tracy does have plenty of talent on the offensive/defensive side of things.

Also, a lot of the time, it's just Tracy mishandling the pen. Not sure if you follow Troy Renck, but he mentioned that last night.

But it doesn't help our pen either, when half of our pitchers can't go 6+ innings.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-06-2012, 11:50 AM
He actually has a pretty damn good roster.

Our defense is SUPPOSED to be the best in the West, but, something has gone wrong thus far.

Our offense is stacked. Really, really stacked. CarGo, Tulo, Helton, Cuddyer (That's a beastly 3-6). Our catchers combined have been killing it as well, and not being over worked. Dexter already has 4 bombs. Johnny has 2.

Our offense has been great, and well...Lansford has actually been doing good this year.

Now, our pitching...now that's not stacked. O'Dowd is terrible. I am not deflecting blame from him. I want him fired first and foremost. However, Tracy does have plenty of talent on the offensive/defensive side of things.

Also, a lot of the time, it's just Tracy mishandling the pen. Not sure if you follow Troy Renck, but he mentioned that last night.

But it doesn't help our pen either, when half of our pitchers can't go 6+ innings.

Ya I was mainly referring to the pitching rotation. I agree that there are some nice pieces on this team, but the pitching rotation is in dire straits.

O'Dowd has failed in that regard & it's killing this team.

The Experience
05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
What we should have done is canned Hurdle's ass the moment the Marlins fired Joe Girardi and hired him. We probably could have won the WS in '09. Girardi is exactly the type of manager this team needs....

BroncoFanBoy
05-06-2012, 12:56 PM
We need someone who knows EXACTLY how to handle pitchers. Tracy is not that type. He makes the same mistakes Hurdle did; he leaves pitchers in the game too long.

We have no true ace. At best, we have a bunch of # 3 guys. Moyer has pitched solid, but he can NOT be our #1 guy. Every great rotation has a true ace. We do not have one as of the moment. MAYBE Pomeranz could turn into one, but if he does, we still need to build around him.

We need someone like Jimenez, but with a better attitude about things. We need someone who's got at least one very dominant pitch. Ubaldo had his fast ball, Johan Santana (when he was among the league's best) had a nasty circle-change, Verlander has a nasty fastball and curve, you see what I'm saying.

We have some prospects like Trevor Story who I'm ok with putting in a package deal for a good starter. Story will never be the Rockies starting shortstop, so we can afford to trade him.

However, personally I think we're slowly on the right track, because I would still argue this rotation is better than last year. Hammel and Cook were both garbage with us, and we did get upgrades over them.

Atwnbroncfan
05-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Ya I was mainly referring to the pitching rotation. I agree that there are some nice pieces on this team, but the pitching rotation is in dire straits.

O'Dowd has failed in that regard & it's killing this team.

I agree that Tracy always mishandles the pen. But I dont blame the defensive errors on Tracy. Most of those have been our players acting freaking stupid and lacking focus. See all of tulos errors.

What Tracy fails most at is handling the pen, switches late in the game, and base running/offensive strategy. Calling a hit and run with cargo on 3rd adpnd Tulo AB with only one out........so freaking stupid.

As for the rotation, Tracy has been given nothing due to the fact that O'DOWD is cheap at buying FA pitchers, (spooked by Hampton and Neagle) and even worse at drafting pitchers.

Broncoholic3233
05-06-2012, 01:47 PM
FIRE TRACY

now

Broncoholic JS
05-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Please???m

The Experience
05-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Nope. Lifetime contract.....

SMH

Broncoholic3233
05-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Never gonna happen apparently....

we'll all just have to cry some more :(

Blondie79
05-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I dont know how much more i can team with o dowd and tracy at the helm, this teams pathetic right now.

Broncoholic JS
05-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Thank goodness I am also a Yankees fan lol

Old Sweater
05-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Managers are just talking puppets telling the press what the owners want to hear. Give either Hurdle or Tracy the DiMaggio led Yankees that McCarthy had, or the Mantle led Yankees that Stengel had and both would be known as great managers.

As far as Dan O'Dowd goes, he seems to keep hunting that blend of basement bargain values and young ones from the farm to come thru like in 2007. That ain't going to happen again and I doubt another Rockies team will win 14 out the last 15 regular season games or 21 out of the last 22 games to get to the WS.

Broncoholic3233
05-14-2012, 10:05 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Can his ass already.

msusc
05-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Yeah, Tracy has to go. Normally, I'm against rooting for a teams to lose for future success but I am starting to see the logic. I am tired of having mediocre teams just miss the playoffs so that we can repeat the same thing next year. Horrible May record, Sunday curse, this is starting to feel like deja vu.

Bronco51
05-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Might as well close the thread. Heard on the radio today that O'Dowd said there will be no shakeups to the coaching staff despite the poor start to the season. Heard it on 104.3. Evans and Klatt were actually sympathizing with Tracy.....SMH.

The Experience
05-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Might as well close the thread. Heard on the radio today that O'Dowd said there will be no shakeups to the coaching staff despite the poor start to the season. Heard it on 104.3. Evans and Klatt were actually sympathizing with Tracy.....SMH.

What a pathetic "organization".

MONFORTS MUST SELL!!!!!!!!!

The Experience
05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
What a pathetic "organization".

MONFORTS MUST SELL!!!!!!!!!

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump

BroncoFanBoy
05-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm starting to think we gave up on Tracy recently.

Broncoholic JS
06-14-2012, 05:16 PM
What is it going to take Monforts?

I think its time to fire Jim Tracy and the coaching staff, bring in Terry Francona or someone who actually knows how to manage a team!

Bronco51
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM
If they get swept in Detroit this weekend, which is highly likely, then they need to make a move. Any move. But a move none the less.

The Experience
06-14-2012, 06:13 PM
What is it going to take Monforts?

I think its time to fire Jim Tracy and the coaching staff, bring in Terry Francona or someone who actually knows how to manage a team!

Nope, we have a GM that is head and shoulders above every other GM in baseball.

BroncoFanBoy
06-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Nope, we have a GM that is head and shoulders above every other GM in baseball.

When it comes to terrible drafting, and low baseball IQ, that's actually true.

Broncoholic JS
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Like Vince McMahon and Donald Trump say ODowd and Tracy - "YOURRRRE FIREDDDDDDD"

Bronco51
07-02-2012, 07:51 PM
After watching the brain cramps this team is making tonight, Tracy has absolutely no control. Not throwing home with the infield drawn in, overthrowing the catcher on a routine ground ball. Pathetic. This team fears no reprisals from their manager. Bring up the Sky Sox.

getlynched47
07-03-2012, 07:35 AM
With all the young talent the Rockies have, we would be perennial contenders if we could get rid of O'Dowd and Jim Tracy.

Broncoholic3233
07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
With all the young talent the Rockies have, we would be perennial contenders if we could get rid of O'Dowd and Jim Tracy.

Easily. We have an extreme amount of talent, and if anyone would like to argue that with me, I'd love to get into that debate.

Let's see here:

CarGo - Top 3 outfielder
Tulo - Supposed to be the best SS
Cuddyer - Good, veteran OF
Dexter - Up and coming good OF
Pacheco - Great bat, working on other aspects
Helton - Off year, but still great defense
Colvin - What a steal, going to be a stud
Rosario - His bat is outstanding once he learns the breaking pitches, leads NL rookies in HR, RBI

Blackmon - Triple A, good upside
Arrenado - Future 3rd basemen

That's just the offense, and I left out some other good prospects. I mean, that's stacked. Really we only have two positions where we aren't set: 1st and 2nd base.

My guess? Cuddyer goes to 1st, Colvin to RF. Then possibly Checo to 2nd once Arrenado gets called up.

Then pitching, they are good prospects, but have the bad luck to have to pitch in Coors Field.

- De La Rosa - proven, can he recover from injury?
- Pomeranz - great prospect, looks like he got his stuff worked out last time down in AAA, velocity increased
- White - has a sinker ball, good for Coors, but still has some work to do
- Nicasio - Exactly the pitcher we need, fireballer, needs to get a better slider and change up, very promising
- Chacin - Was proven....then had confidence and health problems, still can easily get back to form
- Friedrich - Done better at Coors recently, but still has work to do. Great on the road.

Ton of talent right there. But, takes more than talent to become good. Our coaching blows, thus hurting our players.

Broncoholic JS
07-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Fire everyone not on the field. This goes for coaching, management, and ownership.

The Experience
07-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Fire everyone not on the field. This goes for coaching, management, and ownership.

Amen.........

HUMCALC
07-29-2012, 04:33 PM
You guys are too talented to be this bad, I know we have the same problem

Bronco51
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
No way he survives a 100 loss season. They are inventing new ways to lose games. And blaming pitchng (even as bad as ours) only goes so far. Home field is supposed to be an advantage. The cry for a new manager will overwhelm Monfort enough he will ha e to do something. He can even do what they did with Apodaca and give Tracy a "special assignment". Just as long as there is a new skpper next year.

HUMCALC
07-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Well atleast you don't have THE WORST record in baseball. Close, but not quite

Twizlers
07-29-2012, 08:18 PM
So I just became a real baseball fan this year, as it is the first year I'm watching every game I can and following up on them. Of course this is one of the worst years in Rockies history but still.

Am I missing something or why don't they bench Friedrich/Sanchez and start Carlos Torres? The guy has been impressive ever since he's been called up, and he is already working multiple innings.

CinnaMunMun
07-29-2012, 09:33 PM
So I just became a real baseball fan this year, as it is the first year I'm watching every game I can and following up on them. Of course this is one of the worst years in Rockies history but still.

Am I missing something or why don't they bench Friedrich/Sanchez and start Carlos Torres? The guy has been impressive ever since he's been called up, and he is already working multiple innings.

They are most likely going to bench one of those two, probably Sanchez, and use either Torres or White to take the spot.

They acknowledged Freidrich's struggles and their desire to not overwork him, but they mentioned they were trying to get him over the hump of that bad 4th/5th inning.

Broncoholic3233
07-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Yeah, having the worst pitching staff in the HISTORY of the MLB sucks....it sucks ass.

Everyone should be fired, aside from our fielders and a couple pitchers.

If they bench Friedrich, I'll be livid. Let the kid work it out. It's not like we are gonna improve vastly by benching him.

getlynched47
07-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Directed at Dan O'Dowd:

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/95/956e64ac_BooThisMan.gif

Directed at Jim Tracy:

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/95/956e64ac_BooThisMan.gif