PDA

View Full Version : AFC West

dizzolve
04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Do the Raiders keep committing penalties? Does Dennis Allen struggle on his maiden voyage in OAK?

Does Phillip Rivers get back on track? What happened to him last year anyways? Is he going to sail into the sunset David Duval style? [PGA]

Does Brady Quinn take Cassel's job? Or does Peyton Hillis terrorize the NFL again? How will Romeo do being HC again?

Does the Manning acquisition really bear fruit immediately and consistently? Does Jack Del Rio's defense improve from the Dennis Allen defense? Will trading Tebow end up being a mistake?

-------------

How would you rank the AFCW teams here on 2012 draft-eve? Will the draft change your thoughts?

HavoK471
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Raiders will fall off a little bit. They had to clear a lot of room in order to be successful in the later years.

Rivers goes back to Rivers and terrorizes everything. The offense might not be as successful due to loss of VJax and Tolbert but Rivers won't be the issue. I don't expect their defense to be top notch for some reason.

Hillis doesn't tear it up but the return of Charles might become something scary. Dexter McCluster might do some special things for the Chiefs as well. They will also have a very good defense that will at the very least end strong

All of this is just my opinion and I don't really have anything to back up my claim. Just how I see things happening

PowderAddict
04-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I rank the Broncos #1, with the other three tied for fourth.

jcdavey
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
rivers will be as good as his oline is

denver depends on manning's neck after over a year off from being hit

raiders who knows which palmer shows up after a full offseason as their qb

kc, who knows if they can regain their health

i love romeo crennel though which is weird , cause i think ex pat coordinators switching to hc usually is massive fail.....

i think kc has the most heart of the 4 teams, but heart doesn't always win out.

ERoyal248
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Broncos- Good moves in free agency, depends how Manning is. And what they do after the draft.

Chargers- Rivers will be Rivers, they will miss VJ, but still have plenty of weapons. Need to get a pass rush.

Raiders- Released a lot of players, but have no draft picks, lost Bush, Routt and others.

Chiefs- Most talented team in the division, but has the worst QB.

Anyone could win it.

BroncoFanBoy
04-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Broncos will be fine with Manning. If he can work out that much without his neck giving him problems, looks like he's ready to go. Should easily win the AFC West.

The Chargers have a good, but not great team. That could change if they finally make the right move and fire Turner, but he'll probably just lead them to a 9-7 record or something. However, losing Vincent Jackson doesn't help.

The Chiefs could be better than people think. They're getting Eric Berry and Jamal Charles back from injury, and they're just a great QB away from being a great team, if you ask me. I say 9-7 for them.

The Raiders have talent, but if they want to compete with the Broncos in 2012, McFadden CAN'T get injured and Palmer can't be making as many mistakes as he did last year. He needs to get acquainted better with his receivers so he won't make as many mistakes.

Record wise, I will say this.

Broncos - 11-5
Chiefs - 9-7
Chargers - 9-7
Raiders - 8-8

RaiderFanSD
04-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Raiders will always be a league leader in penalties, just the way it is, regardless of player/coaching changes.

Rivers does get back to his usual form, has a much better ratio of TD/INTs this year, leads them to a division title.

Chiefs are competitive but still lack a good enough QB to compete with top tier teams.

Broncos plays middle of the pack D, and are top 5 in passing O. Manning isn't his prime self but still good enough to get the Broncos in the playoffs.

Chargers 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Chiefs 9-7
Raiders 8-8

shawinkerpoppin
04-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Im gonna assume rivers plays like rivers and manning plays like manning and if that is the case it will be a tough division this year. I think the chiefs can win 10 games inspite of average st best QB they may have most games but that wont be enough for the division. The raiders will suck. Unless McFadden is healthy and Palmer plays like never before then they will struggle to break even this year. They might return back to the raiders we all know love that pick top 10 every year. 12 wins gets the division this year.

destrukt
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers

In this order is how I believe it'll play out.

dizzolve
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I watched the last game of last season last night. Both the DEN KC game and the SD OAK game

Both QB's Carson and Rivers looked pretty good at times, but then there were about 20% of their passes that were total head scratchers.

I don't know what happened to Rivers but I don't see him just straightening things out this season - especially when V Jax is gone. Although some plays in that game Vincent looked uninspired and maybe even allowed an INT.

It's so hard to predict - but if I were a SD fan, River's last season would scare me A LOT

At least Carson has an excuse

Cassell is too easy I'll just leave him be

BoltNut
04-30-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess one could make an argument for most any scenario imaginable. SD could just as easily be the front-runner as last place. So early and so many questions still to be answered.

Denver seems to have the "on paper" advantage, but I still am concerned about Peyton's health and durability. KC has made some good moves and Romeo is always a tough coach to play against. Oakland, I believe, will continue to improve but they may still be a solid QB away from putting it all together. Palmer will not take them to the SB, however he is still dangerous.

All in all, there are as many questions here at the end of April as there was a month ago. From a Charger fan perspective, the loss of VJ was significant, but not the end of the world. To lose an impact player hurts, to be sure, but the financial impact we would have had in order to keep him would have hurt the team for a couple of years. We were able to fill some needs and, I believe, we will be better for it. Peyton Manning coming to Denver puts a different spin on things and the defensive "holes" we had needed to be filled now, rather than later.

Bottom line, I think the whole division is better. With our respective schedules, we all needed to get better.