PDA

View Full Version : Anyone surprised by the SD pick ?

bronx_2003
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
This surprised me a little. I like Ingram and wouldn't of minded us grabbing him (although I knew he wouldn't drop to us), but IMO he's purely a 4-3 DE.

The reports were that he looked stiff in drills as a LB, and I'm sure SD run a 3-4 (unless they changed that ?)

The main problem was protecting Rivers and an absolute BEAST fell to them in DeCastro and they turn him down ?

Not saying it was a BAD pick, just surprised me

Nordstrom
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
You're surprised because you think it was the wrong pick.

I'm surprised because the Seahawks and Jets screwed up and handed the Chargers a great pick. It was a gift. And in turn a gift fell to Pittsburgh.

bronx_2003
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
You're surprised because you think it was the wrong pick.

I'm surprised because the Seahawks and Jets screwed up and handed the Chargers a great pick. It was a gift. And in turn a gift fell to Pittsburgh.

Not a bad pick like I say, but I would of gone DeCastro to protect Rivers.

Seahawks was a poor pick.

The Jets were like SD, a pretty good player but IMO a 4-3 player. Coples is nt big enough for a 3-4 DE and has not shown much as a LB.

#24 Next Champ
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, as much as he's not an ideal fit...he was definitely BPA n also helps the Chargers biggest need ...pass rush

baphamet
04-28-2012, 06:43 PM
This surprised me a little. I like Ingram and wouldn't of minded us grabbing him (although I knew he wouldn't drop to us), but IMO he's purely a 4-3 DE.

The reports were that he looked stiff in drills as a LB, and I'm sure SD run a 3-4 (unless they changed that ?)

The main problem was protecting Rivers and an absolute BEAST fell to them in DeCastro and they turn him down ?

Not saying it was a BAD pick, just surprised me

why do you say that? everywhere i have read people list him as an ideal 3-4 guy because of his "tweener" size.

also, rushing the passer is by far our greatest concern right now(especially with manning in the division now). i wouldn't have minded had they picked DeCastro but we needed to address the defense far more.

the chargers blocked better for rivers down the stretch last year overall as well, after Dielman suffered his career ending concussion, so i don't think the need to replace him was as great as the need to address the defense but more specifically our pass rush.

if you disagree that we needed to address the defense more i invite you to take a look at this stat.

As a unit, San Diego's defense allowed a 49.2-percent conversion rate on third downs, worst in the NFL since 1995.

-Rod-
04-28-2012, 06:58 PM
I compare Melvin Ingram to Elvis Dumervil and Tamba Hali, smaller DEs that had more success as 3-4 OLBs. Ingram is in the perfect scheme and I thought the Chiefs would take him to stop Peyton Manning. They already have Hali and Justin Houston, but their depth and pass rush would look better with Ingram.

Raiderfan76
04-29-2012, 05:17 AM
I watched a lot of Ingram (Gamecock fan duh) and he is pure beast.
I hate this pick, it'll be hard watching him sack Palmer.

ERoyal248
04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
No, it's a good pick, Ingram is a monster, great pass rusher, arguably the best pass rusher in the entire draft.

I hope he busts, but i doubt it, dude's a beast.