PDA

View Full Version : 49ers may have the most potent offense next year

9erEmpire
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Drafted.....

WR - AJ Jenkins

RB - Lamichael James

Our receiving corp... Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams

Our RB's.....Gore, Hunter, James, Jacobs or Dixon. Someone's getting cut here.

PioneerBroncFan
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
I love and I mean love the players the 9ers have at almost every position. They have done an excellent job at drafting at every level, well enough to get even Alex Smith a superbowl. ;)

roushmartin6
04-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Crabtree has been pretty underwelming so far, especially considering the fact he held out for more money.

-Rod-
04-27-2012, 11:40 PM
It starts with the quarterback, so... No.

9erEmpire
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Crabtree has been pretty underwelming so far, especially considering the fact he held out for more money.

This I have to agree. I love Crabs and all but my patience isn't there as it was.

9erEmpire
04-27-2012, 11:46 PM

Going to disagree because Alex is doing just fine.

theMileHighGuy
04-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Alex is perfectly fine, but they could've used someone to compete at least. They assembled a heck of an offense over there.

There are no excuses for them this year barring any catastrophic set backs.

9erEmpire
04-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Alex is perfectly fine, but they could've used someone to compete at least. They assembled a heck of an offense over there.

There are no excuses for them this year barring any catastrophic set backs.

I am glad you see it that way.

It's hard to convince other team's fans that Alex is going to do just fine.

We had some of the crappiest coach's in league history.

Mike Nolan - I want to wear suits on the sideline again.

Mike Dingleberry - he has to watch film before he can answers the reporters' questions. Really? Where's the in-game adjustments? He has to look at film.

Awesomo 2000
04-28-2012, 05:23 AM

I'd actually propose that it starts with the coaching, and it seems like they really hit a homerun by bringing in Harbaugh. And I didn't watch the 49ers much last year, but Smith did look really impressive against the saints in the playoffs last year.

InsaneBlaze23
04-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Watch them screw up somehow and Arizona or Seattle somehow wins that division.

-Rod-
04-28-2012, 08:13 AM

Alex is perfectly fine

Alex Smith is doing fine but we are talking about "most potent offense next year". He is not one of the top quarterbacks in the league. 3.144 passing yards and 17 touchdowns. Not even close to the stats of the best quarterbacks. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Matt Stafford. These are the quarterbacks with the most potent offenses last year. "Fine" won't put the 49ers at the top.

the0rangecrush
04-28-2012, 08:15 AM
They still have Alex Smith soooo

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Id just like to say, 'thank you for overdrafting James'. Any lb on my son's 8th grade team could arm tackle that guy.

the0rangecrush
04-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Id just like to say, 'thank you for overdrafting James'. Any lb on my son's 8th grade team could arm tackle that guy.

Since this isn't the smack section, that's not even kind of true

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Since this isn't the smack section, that's not even kind of true
Touchy? :laugh:

I watch a lot of Oregon football, and yes he does go down easy.

the0rangecrush
04-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Touchy? :laugh:

I watch a lot of Oregon football, and yes he does go down easy.

So do I, and I adamantly disagree

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-28-2012, 08:32 AM
So do I, and I adamantly disagree

Dont get me wrong dude, I think he'll have a career as a 3rd down back. I'm just glad we took Hillman in the third instead. I didnt see James as one who breaks tackles. It usually just took one guy to bring him down.

Im sorry if I offended you. I was just trying to be funny. The 9ers fan should expect it when he comes here making boastful claims like that, even if its not the smack section. This is a Broncos message board, and its not like I insulted the guy.

ERoyal248
04-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Alex smith all that needs to be said.

the0rangecrush
04-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Dont get me wrong dude, I think he'll have a career as a 3rd down back. I'm just glad we took Hillman in the third instead. I didnt see James as one who breaks tackles. It usually just took one guy to bring him down.

Im sorry if I offended you. I was just trying to be funny. The 9ers fan should expect it when he comes here making boastful claims like that, even if its not the smack section. This is a Broncos message board, and its not like I insulted the guy.

Ya I'm a bit touchy the last 3 days, my friends are Pats and Cinncy fans. Although I was getting mocked by a jags fan then they took a punter in the 3rd.

As for james he won't be a power back, but I've seen run through multiple tackles.

shawinkerpoppin
04-28-2012, 08:57 AM
All this weapons and alex smith is still your QB. What a waste.

bears6385
05-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Alex smith all that needs to be said.Gotta agree............plus exactly which Randy Moss is going to show up, the 2009 version or the one that quit on 3 different teams in 2011. At 35 after a year off can he even play anymore? I saw every play AJ Jenkins made last season and can tell you, he was overdrafted.

Freddie Black
05-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I can see it now:

It's Week 11 and San Francisco is floundering deep into a hotly contested NFC West playoff race. Alex Smith has struggled mightily all season as Coach Harbaugh has attempted to install more complex packages into the offense to take advantage of all his new toys. Instead, the 9ers quarterback has become extremely popular among NFL defenses--defensive backs especially--due to the reemergence of his high propensity for turnovers. The 9ers are finding it difficult to score points against the Bears on national TV but fortunately their young, tenacious D has kept them in the ballgame. San Francisco gets the ball to begin the half and start at their own 35. They're getting ready to start this drive with some good ol' smashmouth football by sending old reliable Mr. Frank Gore up the middle on some dives. But wait, what's this? What is Alex Smith pulling out of his sock? Is that- Is that a bow? A PINK bow? My goodness, he's wrapping it around the football! There's the snap... and... and... he just handed it to Julius Peppers. Just... handed it to him. Like your neighbor gifting you a Christmas ham. Peppers does some sort of newfangled urban dance/trot combination into the endzone. Harbaugh is irate. He drags Smith off the field by his facemask. He disappears into the team's locker room. Yep, you guessed it; Harbaugh is suiting up and getting under center again. Miraculously, he leads San Francisco to 4 second half touchdowns to win the ballgame. The 49ers end up winning out and making it all the way to the Big One. Only to lose the undefeated Peyton Manning-led Denver Broncos.

Fairy tales do happen, folks. Fairy tales do happen.

Atwnbroncfan
05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I like the 49ers offense but most potent? Especially after all the moves the Pats made? Lol

I doubt they even crack top 5.

canadiansbronco
05-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Not really...

Yakka27
05-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Most potent offense in their division?

#24 Next Champ
05-05-2012, 10:14 PM

You can disagree all u want but don't be a homer, Alex Smith is a below average QB

That said, the rest of the team is ridiculously stacked

sbxxxiichamps
05-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Alexis won't get it done by himself or even with the help of that offense. No one should be too afraid of the 9ers passing threat beyond Vernon Davis.

The 9ers will succeed because of their stud defense.

And how can you say the 9ers of the most potent offense in the NFL?? New England and Green Bay are far superior to name a couple better O's....

AllEyezOnZach27
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I like the 49ers offense but most potent? Especially after all the moves the Pats made? Lol

I doubt they even crack top 5.

Not even close...

1a) Packers
1b) Pats
2) Saints
3) Lions
4) Texans
5) Giants

IMO

fallforward3y+
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
that sounds great, but events don't support that...they lost the NFCC game in OT last year, and it was because of a muffed punt return in OT in FG range for NYG..that was the difference in that game

with a few upgrades, or even improvement from players and team chemistry with no upgrades..theres no reason they cant win the SB..this is a 13-3 team that lost the NFCC game in OT to the eventual champs, not the old Niners that couldnt get a winning season

fallforward3y+
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I agree, their D will make them succeed..this thread is outrageous saying they'll be a top offense because of draft picks..especially after Crabtree has underperformed

although I will say since the Saints have been mentioned that they may not be top 5 w/o Payton this year

350legend
05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Alex smith has to get better in order for that to happen!! if not i see a problem for the niners in that position!!