• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmac432
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2012

Texans Fan planning a vaction aroung Game day Sep 23 2012

I was how wondering How bronco fans are ? I know how much you guys lover your team , I enjoyed watching them last season and also rooted for them last year in the playoff s. Well that Said , I am taking my family and representing Houston of course . Looking for some tips to enjoy My football experience @ mile high and how is the view from the 500 seats .
  • BroncosPWNn00bs
    Starter
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by cmac432 View Post
    I was how wondering How bronco fans are ? I know how much you guys lover your team , I enjoyed watching them last season and also rooted for them last year in the playoff s. Well that Said , I am taking my family and representing Houston of course . Looking for some tips to enjoy My football experience @ mile high and how is the view from the 500 seats .
    Bronco fans are great. Speaking about the Texans though. I went to Reliant Stadium back in 07, for the Thursday Night football game, and I seemed to almost get in a fight with a few Texans fans To be honest, I use to never have a problem with the Texans, and they had a lot of former Broncos on them, so I had no problem seeing them win games, but a few Texan fans actually made me hate them Kinda crazy.

Anyways, view from the 500 level is good. I've had seats just about everywhere and I love it anywhere. Although I'd usually wait til the tickets go on sale, or until they go on sale for half price and get them then. Instead of spending 10 X the price on stubhub or what not. Anyways, hope you have a great time when you go down here.
    :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

• Frenchy180
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cmac432 View Post
      While you are here try and take a tour of the stadium its a great experience. Also there's a hotel called The Hotel VQ, its practically in the parking lot of the stadium. I would suggest that. There are really no bad seats in the stadium.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• BroncoooJohnson
        Playmaker
        • Oct 2011

As a Houstonian Bronco fan, I'm jealous haha. I get to travel up for training camp and a preseason game, but not much else.
        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

• BroncosPWNn00bs
          Starter
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
          While you are here try and take a tour of the stadium its a great experience. Also there's a hotel called The Hotel VQ, its practically in the parking lot of the stadium. I would suggest that. There are really no bad seats in the stadium.
          Agree with that. This is the best place on earth. Not a bad seat in the house. Never stayed at Hotel VQ though. T hat place is too pricey. Usually I'll park for 10 dollars over by the church a little bit away from the stadium. And if I am staying at a hotel, I usually just try to get a hotel a few miles away that has free shuttle. I try to save some costs on hotels at least. 1 day I might try the hotel VQ though.

Comment

• Frenchy180
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
            Agree with that. This is the best place on earth. Not a bad seat in the house. Never stayed at Hotel VQ though. T hat place is too pricey. Usually I'll park for 10 dollars over by the church a little bit away from the stadium. And if I am staying at a hotel, I usually just try to get a hotel a few miles away that has free shuttle. I try to save some costs on hotels at least. 1 day I might try the hotel VQ though.
            I've never stayed at VQ before a Broncos game, I imagine the rates are much higher than normal on a Saturday night when the Broncos are in town I can't blame them for wanting to capitalize on that opportunity though.

How far away is that church with the $10 parking? I might have to start doing that or taking the bus to and from games.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• cmac432
              Practice Squad
              • Apr 2012

Thanks so far for the feed back . How much is the stadium tour , . How is the parking , do we have to buy parking passes in adavance , Were is a good place to park .

Comment

• cmac432
                Practice Squad
                • Apr 2012

Parking

Where is that church with the 10 dollar parking

Comment

• 86Elwayfan
                  The Future is Upon us!!!
                  • Sep 2011

I don't think the tour is overly pricey though i have never done it. But for seats i have liked every seat i have been in. For parking there are cash lots at the stadium (go here for parking info : http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmil...tions/overview ) and there are lots of places near the stadium that let you pay to park. If you are going to tailgate however i would recommend doing a stadium lot.

As far as Broncos fans go to other fans my only advice is be respectful to those around you and you'll be fine. Broncos fans are generally nice people and I have rarely seen much in the way of over the top rudeness to out of town fans.
                  sigpic

Comment

• cmac432
                    Practice Squad
                    • Apr 2012

Thanks again , I have been to a Washington, Arizona game .
                    washington fans not nice , arizona fans were awesome , I expect the same from the Denver fans , Thats why i Chose Denver to go see the game . I can not wait For Sept 23 2012 . I am wearing my Jersey no doubt Cushing #56 and my Son # 80 Andre Johnson .

Any OTHER TIPS Welcome trying make or build
                    a awesome experince for my family , something they can remember me by .

Comment

• BroncosPWNn00bs
                      Starter
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                      I've never stayed at VQ before a Broncos game, I imagine the rates are much higher than normal on a Saturday night when the Broncos are in town I can't blame them for wanting to capitalize on that opportunity though.

How far away is that church with the $10 parking? I might have to start doing that or taking the bus to and from games.
                      Yea, I think I stayed at the VQ when I was really young, and it was named something else. Not the Red Lion though. It was the name before that. I forgot. That place has changed names a few times. But yea, its real pricey during football season and I wouldn't pay that much just to have somewhere to sleep.

As for the 10 dollar parking, its called the Riverside baptist church. Really is not a far walk at all. Maybe a half mile? Maybe a little longer. Doesn't really feel that long of a walk though, cause there is always Bronco fans and football fans in general out walking around, so it makes it go by fast chatting it up with other fans, on the way to the game.

But for 10 bucks, its much better then paying 50 or so, to be real close to the stadium. Plus I think like 1 block away, there is a parking spot for 20 bucks So Riverside baptist is the way to go, and I've probably been going there the last 7 years or so.

Comment

• Steamboat7
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Mar 2012

If I had to live in Houston, I would definitely be planning frequent vacations.

Comment

• jM916
                          Practice Squad
                          • May 2012

I flew to Denver 2 years back from CA for my first ever game . I stayed at some hotel right near the 16th street mall. I got to enjoy the downtown Denver scene and even went around the time where an event named , "zombie crawl" was occurring near Halloween. It was the most amazing time of my life.

The fans and stadium = amazing . I've been to a few stadiums but nothing beat Mile High. The tail gating was awesome and fans were respectful on both sides of the spectrum. I sat midfield 105 about 13 seats back and it was amazing. Those tickets were pricy though.

Comment

• BroncosPWNn00bs
                            Starter
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jM916 View Post
                            I flew to Denver 2 years back from CA for my first ever game . I stayed at some hotel right near the 16th street mall. I got to enjoy the downtown Denver scene and even went around the time where an event named , "zombie crawl" was occurring near Halloween. It was the most amazing time of my life.

The fans and stadium = amazing . I've been to a few stadiums but nothing beat Mile High. The tail gating was awesome and fans were respectful on both sides of the spectrum. I sat midfield 105 about 13 seats back and it was amazing. Those tickets were pricy though.
                            Yea, I love the atmosphere as well. You can't beat it. I went back in 2004 against Atlanta when we played on Halloween, and have been there a few times around Halloween. I always like it cause everyone is wearing costumes and the night life downtown is such fun when everyone is dressed up. But what is Zombie Crawl? What was that about? Never heard of it.

Comment

• jM916
                              Practice Squad
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                              Yea, I love the atmosphere as well. You can't beat it. I went back in 2004 against Atlanta when we played on Halloween, and have been there a few times around Halloween. I always like it cause everyone is wearing costumes and the night life downtown is such fun when everyone is dressed up. But what is Zombie Crawl? What was that about? Never heard of it.
                              I'm pretty sure Zombie Crawl is the event your talking about. They told me that was the name at least. They had zombies and people dressed up all over downtown. Its amazing how many residents partake in those events. Its awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X