PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Tickets

Etho
05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Was planning a trip to watch opening day vs the steelers, and was curious are tickets prices quit a bit higher than normal for the first game of the season? Looking through stubhub the cheapest tickets are around 240+. Should I wait for a couple more months before I start to look?

kylehyden
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Couple things...its the steelers, its peytons first game, its sunday night football, its the first game of the year....expect to pay for a premium event

Etho
05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Yah your right, just kind of suprised me to see how high they go up. Waiting longer for tickets a good or bad idea?

kylehyden
05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I would bet as time goes by the price will go down as people get more desperate to make a sale

BroncosPWNn00bs
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Wait til the tickets go on sale sometime in July. Thats the best way to do things. Unless money is no object to you, then you can go and spend how much you want :laugh: But I'd say just wait til tickets go on sale. Thats what I always do.

runnerg26
05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Yah your right, just kind of suprised me to see how high they go up. Waiting longer for tickets a good or bad idea?

It can go either way. As kylehyden said they could get more desperate, and lower the price, or the closer to the game we get the harder it will be to find, demand will be up and the price will go up. More then likely I think the price will be up.

Frenchy180
05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Closer to the game, the cheaper the tickets are... Though, if you would like to try for tickets through ticketmaster on the day they are released for sale, you can potentially find some half priced tickets.

Etho
05-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. Thought it would be a good idea to head to denver this year and why not opening game vs the steelers.

Frenchy180
05-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. Thought it would be a good idea to head to denver this year and why not opening game vs the steelers.

There's some info here about those half price ticket's I was talking about...
http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets-and-stadium/single-game-tickets.html

ebsoria
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Closer to the game, the cheaper the tickets are... Though, if you would like to try for tickets through ticketmaster on the day they are released for sale, you can potentially find some half priced tickets.

Oh please be right about the tickets being cheaper in July. I'd really like to not pay $125 for the upper section.

BroncosPWNn00bs
05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh please be right about the tickets being cheaper in July. I'd really like to not pay $125 for the upper section.

Yea, they go on sale sometime in July. I don't think a date has been released yet, but usually its like Full priced tickets go on sale for normal price at like 11 am mountain time. And then half price tickets go on sale at like 1 pm mountain time that same day. And you can get up to 4 tickets,for 1 game only. The only thing bad about that is that you cant get tickets together usually for half price. Although it doesn't bother me much, it probably would bother people with a family and what not. I don't mind scattered seats. I've had some great seats for 65 bucks I think it was. Thats the most expensive tickets at half price. I always make sure to do that :salute:

Frenchy180
05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Yea, they go on sale sometime in July. I don't think a date has been released yet, but usually its like Full priced tickets go on sale for normal price at like 11 am mountain time. And then half price tickets go on sale at like 1 pm mountain time that same day. And you can get up to 4 tickets,for 1 game only. The only thing bad about that is that you cant get tickets together usually for half price. Although it doesn't bother me much, it probably would bother people with a family and what not. I don't mind scattered seats. I've had some great seats for 65 bucks I think it was. Thats the most expensive tickets at half price. I always make sure to do that :salute:

It all depends on your timing...

BroncosPWNn00bs
05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
It all depends on your timing...

Yea, I usually get on a computer the second they go on sale. Although you can still get half priced tickets a while after. sometimes I get bored and check to see what tickets are available in like October, and there are still some good ones left at half price. I guess cause no one really wants to get a single ticket by themselves.

Frenchy180
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Yea, I usually get on a computer the second they go on sale. Although you can still get half priced tickets a while after. sometimes I get bored and check to see what tickets are available in like October, and there are still some good ones left at half price. I guess cause no one really wants to get a single ticket by themselves.
:laugh: yeah... I don't like going to games alone

Yeah, even if you buy full priced tickets when they go on sale through the team @ ticketmaster you'll be saving a lot of money...

BroncosPWNn00bs
05-08-2012, 12:09 AM

Yeah, even if you buy full priced tickets when they go on sale through the team @ ticketmaster you'll be saving a lot of money...

:laugh: Yea, most people don't. Usually when I go with people. I'll get the half priced tickets that are scattered, but try to get them all around the same section. Like maybe 2 in section 110, and 2 in section 108 or something. So were all in the same proximity. Although I always have fun meeting new fans at games, so I have no problem being around strangers. We're all family :rockon:

LegionOfVonDoom
05-08-2012, 07:25 AM
:laugh: Yea, most people don't. Usually when I go with people. I'll get the half priced tickets that are scattered, but try to get them all around the same section. Like maybe 2 in section 110, and 2 in section 108 or something. So were all in the same proximity. Although I always have fun meeting new fans at games, so I have no problem being around strangers. We're all family :rockon:

Well said.

PowderAddict
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Even if I have to sit by myself with a single seat ticket I'm going to do everything I can to get to the Steeler game! I don't care if it's a high row in the 500's, it's going to be rocking!

jM916
05-08-2012, 10:20 AM
wait for sure. I was looking into seats that I had a year ago and they were up $250 . As time goes down they should drop, but like they said it is manning and it is a primetime game.

Etho
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Definantely going to wait now. Didn't bother me paying around 250-300, just anything higher I wouldn' t feel too good paying for.

ebsoria
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM

That really makes me smile. When we went to Oakland we paid $125 and ended up about 20 rows off the field. Of course.. I also understand that Denver's home sellout streak is a wee bit longer and I may pay a wee bit more.. but I'd drop the $125 to be that close again.

Broncozzz
05-09-2012, 10:01 PM
That really makes me smile. When we went to Oakland we paid $125 and ended up about 20 rows off the field. Of course.. I also understand that Denver's home sellout streak is a wee bit longer and I may pay a wee bit more.. but I'd drop the $125 to be that close again.

That's about face value for those seats this year.

tnedator
05-11-2012, 10:36 AM

Right now, tickets are only available through Stubhub and other non-official sites. A lot of season ticket holders opt to go with NFL Ticket Exchange, because there is no risk of losing your seat rights of some obnoxious drunk buys your tickets. I don't think people can list tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange until after the single game tickets go on sale. So, at some point, there should be a flood of tickets to hit the market and prices should come down.