Kosta Koufas--------------------3 Million
Timofey Mosgov----------------2.7 Million
Corey Brewer--------------------3.2 Million
Dannillo Gallanari---------------9.4 Million
Chris Anderson------------------4.5 Million
Al Harrington--------------------6.6 Million
Wilson Chandler-----------------7.4 Million
Arron Afflallo--------------------7.5 Million

So that is 49.8 million dollars in salary with no new additions to the team over the off season. The cap was 58 million in 2011-12 so going off of that if it is similar or the same again next year then we would have around 8 million dollars to spend on our own free agents or external ones.

Re-signings

In the off season 3 of our players will be off contract. These players are Javale Mcgee, Andre Miller and Rudy Fernandez. Mcgee and Fernandez are restricted. What would you do ?

Of that group the only player I would hope comes back is Mcgee. The others can walk and wil open up around 10 million dollars. Some of that can then be used on Mcgee who I think comes back no question. I would hope he re-signs for around 5-6 million per season. 4 Years of 20-25 Million dollars seems fair to me. So you add that onto the end of that list at say 5.5 million per season and the salary for 2012-13 is 55.3 million. So that leaves around 3 million in cap space.

Free Agents

Unless we trade a player ealy on in the process then we may open some space to go after some free agents or a one speific guy. I think we need a legit inside scorer with a polished post game. And if the guy has the ability to step away from the basket and hit a jumper then great. However the free agency class has no great guy for that and we wont have the money. There are some but due to age and price demand I don't think any would be great options. However I think Miller leaves and that opens up another hole. Miller played 27 minutes per game. So whoever comes here to replace him is going to be playing a lot. I think Shannon Brown would be a great signing for the team. He can do both but adds a solid player who can hit the 3 and attack the basket. He is only 26 years old and could step right in and in my opinion upgrade the team. Some other guys I would like are Nick Young. He is a solid player. Very athletic and can create his own shot. Can score pretty well and is young. Kelenna Azubuike. Has been in trouble with injuries since his back to back solid years in 08-09 and 09-10. Missed 10-11 and didn't play much this last year. He can hit the 3 and is a solid role player. Would be a good depth signing. Then one risky signing which could be a huge reward would be Eric Gordon. He can score and is a legit go to guy. Has been in trouble with injuries however if we want to trade away a piece to get him that would be great. He can bring the ball up the court also and replace the minutes Miller plays.

With the money we will have to spend and the hole we need to fill Shannon Brown would be best for it and the money would more than likely out.

johnlimburg
05-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Them numbers are the players under contract for next season. Can't edit.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
No reason to offer Rudy a matching offer. He is useless...

InElwayWeTrust
05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
If we sign Shannon Brown I would jump through a window. He isn't a good basketball player, he just got hyped up because he had a few spectacular dunks, and he was on ESPN every night because he was on the Lakers. Have you even heard his name this year? Probably not. Just like Trevor Ariza. Everyone on the lakers gets overrated because of the exposure the team gets.

Atwnbroncfan
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
McGee will likely be back, and after that IMO the rest will be gone. As for new players we need a outside shooter. But we can't add many players, we have tons of good players. We just need to develop now, this roster doesn't have any more room for good players. Unless we rid ourselves of a few of the guys.

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd be just fine re-signing Rudy.

He was hurt a lot this year, but when healthy, he can be just like JR. He can catch on and drill 6-7 threes any night.

He won't be expensive. He is great for a running team, and off of the bench.

beastlyskronk
05-08-2012, 12:06 PM
If we sign Shannon Brown I would jump through a window. He isn't a good basketball player, he just got hyped up because he had a few spectacular dunks, and he was on ESPN every night because he was on the Lakers. Have you even heard his name this year? Probably not. Just like Trevor Ariza. Everyone on the lakers gets overrated because of the exposure the team gets.

It depends on what we want Brown to play, he isn't really a PG so we'd still have to get a backup PG if we sign him unless we think Stone can play it which I'd rather not see just yet. But Brown does offer another 3 point shooter, something we don't have with Miller. George Karl likes to go with Miller and Lawson on the court at the same time, Brown would be better on the court with Lawson as Miller doesn't spread the court at all or really pose much of an offensive threat. Brown averages more points a game than him as well plus he's younger and can run the court better.

I'd like to see us bring in Goran Dragic and/or Ersan Ilyasova. And if dreams can come true, I'd love to see us somehow acquire Amare Stoudemire but that won't happen.

BlingSter
05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Maybe i'm stating the obvious, but I think Bird is gonna be the product of the amnesty clause.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I'd be just fine re-signing Rudy.

He was hurt a lot this year, but when healthy, he can be just like JR. He can catch on and drill 6-7 threes any night.

He won't be expensive. He is great for a running team, and off of the bench.

Thats the thing though, he hasn't been able to do any of that since his rookie year.

Plus he whined and complained his way out of Dallas because he knew he was not gonna get any PT. Did the same in Portland.

What makes him think he would do better here. He is clearly not as good as Brewer and Hamilton is a better shooter.

Why do we wanna keep him again?

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Even without Bird we have 3 legitimate Centers on our roster under contract next year (McGee RFA)

We desperately need a pure 3 ball shooter.

Miami needs a center bad, I say we deal them Moz or Koufos (preferably KK) for James Jones. Jones is the best 3 ball shooter in the game right now and would be a tremendous addition.

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Thats the thing though, he hasn't been able to do any of that since his rookie year.

Plus he whined and complained his way out of Dallas because he knew he was not gonna get any PT. Did the same in Portland.

What makes him think he would do better here. He is clearly not as good as Brewer and Hamilton is a better shooter.

Why do we wanna keep him again?

You don't remember all those games he killed us when he was in Portland?

Do you have a link to where he 'whined' his way out of both of those places?

He's a great shooter. He's cheap. If he's healthy, he's a good bench guy to have.

I've already said multiple times elsewhere, that we better lock up Brewer, but he's a different kind of player. J Ham still probably won't have the trust to play much next year, GK 'typically' waits like 2+ years for young players...which is kinda dumb.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Also we need to keep McGee, he is the only center on our roster that can handle Bynum....

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:30 PM

He's a great shooter. He's cheap. If he's healthy, he's a good bench guy to have.

I've already said multiple times elsewhere, that we better lock up Brewer, but he's a different kind of player. J Ham still probably won't have the trust to play much next year, GK 'typically' waits like 2+ years for young players...which is kinda dumb.

See my post above this one

James Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rudy

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 02:32 PM
See my post above this one

James Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rudy

Signing Rudy is actually realistic though.

I'm having doubts that the Heat would give up the best 3 point shooter for KK.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Signing Rudy is actually realistic though.

I'm having doubts that the Heat would give up the best 3 point shooter for KK.

The Heat have no cap room, they need a Center terribly bad. They may be willing to give up JJ for KK but more realistically Mozgov. I would give up Moz in a heartbeat for JJ especially if we get McGee back..

I don't care if Rudy is more realistic, we need better. When Rudy played this year he was awful. And he has been awful since his rookie year.

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I would hate that trade.

Mozgov and McGee need to stay. Mozgov size is very valuable not just in terms of 7'0, but his weight.

Plus he has the best outside shot of any of our centers.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I would hate that trade.

Mozgov and McGee need to stay. Mozgov size is very valuable not just in terms of 7'0, but his weight.

Plus he has the best outside shot of any of our centers.

While I like Mozgov as well, a 3pt shooter is more of a need than a backup center...

Mozgov is no longer the center of the future, because of his potential he will be highly coveted by other teams (much like he was while he was in NY)

Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Of course this all changes if we lose Javale...

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 02:44 PM
While I like Mozgov as well, a 3pt shooter is more of a need than a backup center...

Mozgov is no longer the center of the future, because of his potential he will be highly coveted by other teams (much like he was while he was in NY)

Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Of course this all changes if we lose Javale...

He is probably not, but GK loves McGee off of the bench.

It's hard to say. McGee has more potential, but that's not to say GK won't just use him off of the bench.

I just see the trade very unrealistic, and I doubt it will happen. I'm fine getting James Jones, but for Mozgov, I'd say now, right now anyways.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
He is probably not, but GK loves McGee off of the bench.

It's hard to say. McGee has more potential, but that's not to say GK won't just use him off of the bench.

I just see the trade very unrealistic, and I doubt it will happen. I'm fine getting James Jones, but for Mozgov, I'd say now, right now anyways.
IMO McGee needs to be starting, at least in this series anyway. KK and Moz have been abused by Bynum because they are not physical enough. McGee is the only guy who gives Bynum fits...

To compete in the west you need someone who can defend Bynum.

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
IMO McGee needs to be starting, at least in this series anyway. KK and Moz have been abused by Bynum because they are not physical enough. McGee is the only guy who gives Bynum fits...

To compete in the west you need someone who can defend Bynum.

Right. Mozgov has more ability to bug him though, because of his bulky size. He just has been soft since his injury. Once he stops being soft, I think he is the better match-up against Bynum.

But for now, yes, McGee is that guy, and I agree, he should start, but you never know with Karl.

but, gotta lock him up for this to matter anyways.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Right. Mozgov has more ability to bug him though, because of his bulky size. He just has been soft since his injury. Once he stops being soft, I think he is the better match-up against Bynum.

But for now, yes, McGee is that guy, and I agree, he should start, but you never know with Karl.

but, gotta lock him up for this to matter anyways.
Agreed....

beastlyskronk
05-08-2012, 04:19 PM

He actually demanded a trade when he was in Portland. He backed off later but he did threaten to return to Spain to play.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-17/rudy-fernandez-backs-off-trade-demands

Broncoholic3233
05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
He actually demanded a trade when he was in Portland. He backed off later but he did threaten to return to Spain to play.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-01-17/rudy-fernandez-backs-off-trade-demands

Well, he's done no such thing here.

And until he does, I don't have a problem with re-signing him for a decent contract.

The Experience
05-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, he's done no such thing here.

And until he does, I don't have a problem with re-signing him for a decent contract.

I'd just rather roll with Brewer and hamilton

InElwayWeTrust
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Like I said we should just trade everyone on our team not named Ty for Dwight Howard. :D

Just kidding...

Kinda...

nic.zeman24
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I think we should extend Lawson sometime next year. Get rid of Miller and let stone step in and play some or maybe draft a combo guard. I want Ty playing PG everytime he is on the court.
I think Bird will be gone. I like the idea of trading KK for a 3 point shooter.
I dont know what to look for in the draft since I like both Hamilton and Brewer. Maybe we look for another big man to be able to come off of the bench. I dont expect any big signings this offseason however

nic.zeman24
05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Like I said we should just trade everyone on our team not named Ty for Dwight Howard. :D

Just kidding...

Kinda...

If we could get Howard I would be ecstatic. I could see us dealing for him for pick. I dont want to give up Gallo or AAA because they have a lot of potential. Although if one of them had to go in that trade I would choose Gallo

beastlyskronk
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
If we could get Howard I would be ecstatic. I could see us dealing for him for pick. I dont want to give up Gallo or AAA because they have a lot of potential. Although if one of them had to go in that trade I would choose Gallo

I think we'd trade Chandler before we trade Gallo.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Nash will be a free agent. Anyone? I think he'd bring in great leadership and a definite upgrade over Andre Miller

I'd definitely like to bring back Mcgee, and I wouldn't be against a trade being made. We have a lot of depth, but I think trading some of that depth for a star wouldn't be such a bad idea & could help us be an 'elite' team.

Obviously I'm not talking about a Carmelo Anthony type, but a definite all-star. We have a lot of pieces, & I'd like to see some moves being made to change this roster from good to elite. I believe Ujiri can do it... he's shown us nothing but good since he took over in managing this roster.

InElwayWeTrust
05-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Ty is the point guard of this team period.

No way Nash will come here to be a backup when he could go to Miami and start.

nic.zeman24
05-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Nash will be a free agent. Anyone? I think he'd bring in great leadership and a definite upgrade over Andre Miller

I'd definitely like to bring back Mcgee, and I wouldn't be against a trade being made. We have a lot of depth, but I think trading some of that depth for a star wouldn't be such a bad idea & could help us be an 'elite' team.

Obviously I'm not talking about a Carmelo Anthony type, but a definite all-star. We have a lot of pieces, & I'd like to see some moves being made to change this roster from good to elite. I believe Ujiri can do it... he's shown us nothing but good since he took over in managing this roster.

Ty is the PG of the future. I want him playing PG whenever he is on the court no exceptions. Nash will most likely go to a title contender

BluenOrnge4Life
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Ty is the point guard of this team period.

No way Nash will come here to be a backup when he could go to Miami and start.

Ty is the PG of the future. I want him playing PG whenever he is on the court no exceptions. Nash will most likely go to a title contender
I don't know where I ever said Lawson shouldn't be the starter? Scott Hastings brought up the idea months ago, so it's not that far fetched. There is a salary Cap in the league, I don't see how Miami can really afford Nash unless he wants to take a major paycut.

nic.zeman24
05-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't know where I ever said Lawson shouldn't be the starter? Scott Hastings brought up the idea months ago, so it's not that far fetched. There is a salary Cap in the league, I don't see how Miami can really afford Nash unless he wants to take a major paycut.

I wasnt talking about Ty not starting I just want him to be full time PG

Atwnbroncfan
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM

Take a pay cut, and start with a Championship team. Or get extra money (that he doesn't need) and be back up on a team thats developing and still a year or two away. He will sign with Miami over us in a heart beat.

Player to watch is Leandro Barbosa, he is the perfect backup for Ty.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Take a pay cut, and start with a Championship team. Or get extra money (that he doesn't need) and be back up on a team thats developing and still a year or two away. He will sign with Miami over us in a heart beat.

Probably so, but it doesn't mean it's not worth a phone call. Most people didn't think PM would choose the Broncos and he did. You just never know... he might be a big George Karl fan.

beastlyskronk
05-09-2012, 03:23 PM

I think the other PG on that team would be a better backup, Darren Collison but there's no way we'll get him.

I really don't think PG is our biggest problem, I know everyone loves Kenneth Faried and the energy he plays with and I do to but we desperately need some size, especially at PF. Ilyasova would be a good FA signing, 6'10" and can spread the court on offense as a 3 point shooter, he's not as good of a rebounder as Faried but he's not terrible at it either. Some guys we might be able to trade for would be Tyrus Thomas, Amir Johnson, and Andray Blatche. I don't think Washington would be willing to trade Blatche but their cap situation isn't great either and we do have some pieces available. I'd love to get Tyrus Thomas, I think he's being wasted in Charlotte and we definitely have some players to give them without us missing a beat.

Broncoholic3233
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I think the other PG on that team would be a better backup, Darren Collison but there's no way we'll get him.

I really don't think PG is our biggest problem, I know everyone loves Kenneth Faried and the energy he plays with and I do to but we desperately need some size, especially at PF. Ilyasova would be a good FA signing, 6'10" and can spread the court on offense as a 3 point shooter, he's not as good of a rebounder as Faried but he's not terrible at it either. Some guys we might be able to trade for would be Tyrus Thomas, Amir Johnson, and Andray Blatche. I don't think Washington would be willing to trade Blatche but their cap situation isn't great either and we do have some pieces available. I'd love to get Tyrus Thomas, I think he's being wasted in Charlotte and we definitely have some players to give them without us missing a beat.

We have three, 7 footers.

Gallo stands at 6'10 too.

Size really isn't our issue, imo. We typically kill teams in points in the paint. We just needed more consistent Center play this year.

Timo was hurt and never really got back to where he was. If it was a regular season, he might've. But he was really good early on. McGee is really turning it on at the end as well. Even though Faried is only like 6'8, he controls the boards.

Just my 2 cents, size really doesn't concern me with this team once they get another year under their belts.

Spitfire Riggz
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
McGee will likely be back, and after that IMO the rest will be gone. As for new players we need a outside shooter. But we can't add many players, we have tons of good players. We just need to develop now, this roster doesn't have any more room for good players. Unless we rid ourselves of a few of the guys.

I agree, There is a good possibility that we get rid of a few good players to get a GREAT player. I feel optimistic about the guys we have now though since they are so young and if they can get out of the first round... wow thats something the Nuggets have never been able to do so I say stay with it. If Lawson, Gallinari and McGee reach their full potential..

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Size really isn't our issue, imo. We typically kill teams in points in the paint. We just needed more consistent Center play this year.

Timo was hurt and never really got back to where he was. If it was a regular season, he might've. But he was really good early on. McGee is really turning it on at the end as well. Even though Faried is only like 6'8, he controls the boards.

Just my 2 cents, size really doesn't concern me with this team once they get another year under their belts.

Agreed. I'm more concerned with a consistent outside shooter. If we can get a great 3 point shooter, this team will be lethal.

beastlyskronk
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Size as in strength, yeah we have 3 7 footers but 1 of them won't be playing much anymore in Koufos. McGee needs to live in the weight room this offseason. Mozgov is fine, I like him. I doubt Faried is 6'8", even if he is, he still doesn't have enough strength to be an effective post player on offense and defense just yet. I'm not worried about his rebounding because that's all positioning more than strength. Gallo is 6'10" and I do think he should rotate at PF every once in awhile just so we can spread the court some more. I just think we need another PF other than Harrington. I'm not hating on Harrington because he hasn't been very good this series, just that he isn't the answer for the future and he is declining. We need someone young to come in and take his place. I personally think we're getting killed in this series at PF and I think every team that made the playoffs in the western conference would beat us at PF.

I'm not saying those guys I mentioned are the answers, just that at this point I think they'd help us more than Harrington/Faried. Ilyasova would be great for us in Harrinton's role, better than Harrington has played it this year. Thomas would be a great fit in our offense and he has a better post game than Faried right now. Plus he's another long limbed defender for us.

But for right now in this series, I'd love to see us put Mozgov and McGee on the court at the same time. Let McGee roam and block shots as our PF and let Mozgov body up with Bynum. But then Koufos would have come in to spell Mozgov and we definitely don't want that.

Broncoholic3233
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Agreed. I'm more concerned with a consistent outside shooter. If we can get a great 3 point shooter, this team will be lethal.

I think we have 3 of them.

Now, it'll be a wait and see, but I really think we will improve greatly next year.

Missing Chandler has been huge for him. He has a great stroke on his shot, and is a great shooter. He will be our most consistent shooter next year I think.

I also think AAA and Gallo will be very consistent next year if they both can avoid injuries.

It's a wait and see, but I really think they can and will be consistent, and I don't see us really making any trades unless we trade one of our 7 footers for something.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I think we have 3 of them.

Now, it'll be a wait and see, but I really think we will improve greatly next year.

Missing Chandler has been huge for him. He has a great stroke on his shot, and is a great shooter. He will be our most consistent shooter next year I think.

I also think AAA and Gallo will be very consistent next year if they both can avoid injuries.

It's a wait and see, but I really think they can and will be consistent, and I don't see us really making any trades unless we trade one of our 7 footers for something.

See I'm not so sure. I love all of their games, but I've been disappointed in the 3 ball from just about everyone in this series. I mean it's the playoffs, we need the 3 now more than ever, and nobody can hit it. If we hit the 3's better, we are up 3-2 in this series right now. If you can bring in a solid 3 point shooter, then you go for it IMO.

That's the saddest part about losing JR Smith. He can be such an idiot and a headache to deal with, but boy did he get hot hitting the 3's. If he would've just kept his head on straight.. he would've been a great asset to this team, coming off of the bench.

Broncoholic3233
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
See I'm not so sure. I love all of their games, but I've been disappointed in the 3 ball from just about everyone in this series. If we hit the 3's better, we are up 3-2 in this series right now. If you can bring in a solid 3 point shooter, then you go for it IMO.

That's the saddest part about losing JR Smith. He can be such an idiot and a headache to deal with, but boy did he get hot hitting the 3's. If he would've just kept his head on straight.. he would've been a great asset to this team, coming off of the bench.

I'm not against it. But I do think those 3 will have improved years next year, in at least 3pt shooting %.

I'm, like I've said early, fine with re-signing Rudy as well. He can get just as hot as JR can and become unconscious from 3.

But if we have a shot at getting another one, without having to trade a bigger piece....then I'm all for it.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm not against it. But I do think those 3 will have improved years next year, in at least 3pt shooting %.

I'm, like I've said early, fine with re-signing Rudy as well. He can get just as hot as JR can and become unconscious from 3.

But if we have a shot at getting another one, without having to trade a bigger piece....then I'm all for it.

For sure. I also expect those 3 to improve drastically. We just need to keep Gallo & Chandler healthy. :laugh:

johnlimburg
05-10-2012, 02:45 AM

It would be a good signing. He can hit the 3 which we need and can drive well. He is not great but he is solid. And would not be to expensive.

And I think Mcgee earned himself a lot more money with that game against the Lakers in game 5. He will probably get 8 Million Per Year and possibly more. I think we need to trade players to get better. I am not sure I would trade Mosgov. I think having his size on the bench would be valuable. However for whatever reason the Nuggets like over paying there players so they gave an extension to Koufas for 3 million per year. So maybe Mosgov gets traded. If a solid player becomes available then I don't think anyone besides Lawson, Faried and Mcgee are untradable. Pieces teams would like include Harrington, Afflalo, Chandler and Gallanari.

If we could get a go to guy using some of these players then I would do it. I am hoping that Miami fail miserably here in the playoffs and they decide to part way with Chris Bosh. That would be a great pickip if we could get him. Or if we could get a player like Eric Gordon in free agency then we could have a legit scorer on the offensive side of the ball. Then we could dangle either Afflalo or Chandler as a trade piece along with possibly Harrington and a first round pick. If we could get someone like Al Jefferson who was talked about being traded before the season then I would give up Afflalo and Harrington for him. Solid trade for both teams.

Sign Eric Gordon and trade for Jefferson with Afflalo and Harrington.

Broncoholic3233
05-10-2012, 03:01 PM
AAA will not be traded.

beastlyskronk
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
It would be a good signing. He can hit the 3 which we need and can drive well. He is not great but he is solid. And would not be to expensive.

And I think Mcgee earned himself a lot more money with that game against the Lakers in game 5. He will probably get 8 Million Per Year and possibly more. I think we need to trade players to get better. I am not sure I would trade Mosgov. I think having his size on the bench would be valuable. However for whatever reason the Nuggets like over paying there players so they gave an extension to Koufas for 3 million per year. So maybe Mosgov gets traded. If a solid player becomes available then I don't think anyone besides Lawson, Faried and Mcgee are untradable. Pieces teams would like include Harrington, Afflalo, Chandler and Gallanari.

If we could get a go to guy using some of these players then I would do it. I am hoping that Miami fail miserably here in the playoffs and they decide to part way with Chris Bosh. That would be a great pickip if we could get him. Or if we could get a player like Eric Gordon in free agency then we could have a legit scorer on the offensive side of the ball. Then we could dangle either Afflalo or Chandler as a trade piece along with possibly Harrington and a first round pick. If we could get someone like Al Jefferson who was talked about being traded before the season then I would give up Afflalo and Harrington for him. Solid trade for both teams.

Sign Eric Gordon and trade for Jefferson with Afflalo and Harrington.

I think the Knicks might look into trying to trade Amare Stoudemire, but with that contract and his health issues it'd be a huge risk. But if I'm not mistaken we still do have our amnesty clause and if he doesn't work out we could use it on him and void his contract. If it does work out, we have a bonafide star that is an amazing fit for our offense.

johnlimburg
05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
"I’ve never been in a locker room after a season where every guy in front of me I‘m happy with and content with staying with the same crew and going to work next year"

George Karl

I hope we try to make a splash in getting someone else. We need a closer and a player who can be relied on to actually score the basketball. Especially in the clutch.

Broncoholic3233
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm completely content with our team.

Two pieces I'd like to try to trade - Birdman (or cut) and Kosta (trade, or keep)

johnlimburg
05-14-2012, 09:31 PM
This current team will not compete for a title. We may be able to fight in round 1 aganst similar matched teams like the Lakers but if you want to be able to take that next step we need some help. ANd this current team doesn't have the pieces to take that next step as far as I am concerned. However hopefully we try to make some moves in the off season.

Broncoholic3233
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
This current team will not compete for a title. We may be able to fight in round 1 aganst similar matched teams like the Lakers but if you want to be able to take that next step we need some help. ANd this current team doesn't have the pieces to take that next step as far as I am concerned. However hopefully we try to make some moves in the off season.

I don't think that is necessarily true.

I mean there is so much youth on the team, and a lot of those players have a much higher ceiling than they showed this year, and look what we did. This team is going to be much better next year, imo. Chandler can be that closer, I truly believe that, he has a great shot, not to mention, young as well. Gallo can too, give him an injury free year and let's see what happens there.

I mean, if we can get a real nice trade, w/o giving up our starters, then go for it I guess. But if we have to trade away starters and what not...I don't think I'd like that. Too much youth, and we are already pretty damn good.

johnlimburg
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah I hope that also with Chandler but it is wishful thinking considering he has never shown he can be that guy. ANd I agree with not giving up starters however it depends on who we are getting back and what we are giving up. If we could get Al Jefferson some how that would be great. And he is young also.

Broncoholic3233
05-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah I hope that also with Chandler but it is wishful thinking considering he has never shown he can be that guy. ANd I agree with not giving up starters however it depends on who we are getting back and what we are giving up. If we could get Al Jefferson some how that would be great. And he is young also.

Yeah. I mean if it's really going to improve our team a lot, then you gotta make those trades.

Having Jefferson would be interesting. What would he play here? PF or C? What would you do with our three 7 footers...probably one if not two would have to be involved in that trade.

johnlimburg
05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah. I mean if it's really going to improve our team a lot, then you gotta make those trades.

Having Jefferson would be interesting. What would he play here? PF or C? What would you do with our three 7 footers...probably one if not two would have to be involved in that trade.

Well of our 7 footers I would not mind parting with Koufas. However he is not an attractive trading piece. I think we could keep the 3 of them and use other pieces to get him.

The time break down could be:

Jefferson (24)--------------Faried (24)

Mcgee (25)------------------Mosgov (15)------------------------Jefferson (8)

I think Harrington could be an attractive piece in that deal. Then a first round pick and also Koufas. And maybe Corey Brewer.

Harrington and Brewer sure up the Utah Bench. Then Koufas is a decent reserve to play some spot minutes behind there other young front court members. And a first round pick helps them get another young piece. We would get a young post scorer who can rebound also. He is much better then Nene who we had no problem giving big money and if he agreed to a deal before a trade then that would be a perfect match in my opinion.

Then in that situation Chandler would become the 6th man off the team. He could replace the production and also Jefferson would add a better scorer anyway in the front court. Then Faried could still get significant minutes and also Mosgov and Mcgee could share time at the center spot with Jefferson playing there also. Then if you can get a backup point guard like Dragic as someone mentioned earlier he can play as the primary backup for Ty Lawson and play the role that GK likes to use with his two point guard sets. That would be a solid 9 deep rotation. Plus you could bring Rudy back to round off the depth and also Hamilton and Stone may have improved also.

Lawson
Afflalo
Gallo
Jefferson
Mcgee
Chandler
Faried
Dragic
Mosgo

nic.zeman24
05-15-2012, 05:39 AM
I would be on board with getting Jefferson because I could see the Jazz getting rid of him to develop their young bigs.

johnlimburg
05-15-2012, 06:28 AM
I would be on board with getting Jefferson because I could see the Jazz getting rid of him to develop their young bigs.

Yeah and the reason I bring his name up is because I think it is realistic they trade him. It was rumored last off season they were listening to offers. And after the 09 season where we lost to Utah we showed interest in tradng for him. However Utah got him. So that has to be positive and I think he would be a perfect fit in Denver.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-15-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm in the belief that this team needs to make a couple of moves in order to compete for a title. I love the core of this team, but I would very much so like for them to add a couple of pieces, even if it means giving up some depth. George Karl and Ujiri both commented during the season that this was a 'growth year' and this wasn't the finished product, so I could see Ujiri making some moves. Regardless, the future is BRIGHT and I have 100% faith in the front office.

They orchestrated the Melo trade and got a ton back, drafted Faried #22 overall (who finished 3rd in rookie of year votes) and then traded Nene for Mcgee. They've hit a home run on just about everything they've done.

Cyrend
05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Yep, I think the team needs to make a move. You have LOTS of good, young talent all across the board and are looking good in cap space. This is where you trade some of your youth and depth for an established All Star. Someone who can carry the team. Someone who can be relied on in the clutch.

I say, you strike while the iron is hot. We all hope that next season we will develop these young guys more, and they will be more consistent and one of them will start to take over games. But who is to say that will happen? Whose to say it wont be another injury riddled cast, or the same inconsistency they've showed this entire time?

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Yep, I think the team needs to make a move. You have LOTS of good, young talent all across the board and are looking good in cap space. This is where you trade some of your youth and depth for an established All Star. Someone who can carry the team. Someone who can be relied on in the clutch.

I say, you strike while the iron is hot. We all hope that next season we will develop these young guys more, and they will be more consistent and one of them will start to take over games. But who is to say that will happen? Whose to say it wont be another injury riddled cast, or the same inconsistency they've showed this entire time?

Whose to say we won't trade two or three of our young players, for some 'all-star' then he gets hurt, or under performs, or just isn't that piece and it sets us back further?

It works both ways. Unless the trade is more favorable to us, I don't like the risk. Not when these players DO have a high chance of all developing along much further. Ty Lawson CAN become that go to guy. Chandler/Gallo very easily could become all-star caliber players.

It's not worth the risk to me to try to trade for some older all-star, when we potentially could have it backfire. So once again, I don't want to see a trade, unless it favors us from the start. :2cents: