PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Offseason Thread

The Experience
05-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Here we can discuss all moves Nuggets make as well as discuss what we think should happen this offseason.

nic.zeman24
05-13-2012, 07:45 PM
I would really like to get John Henson in the draft. I think we could use a big like him off the bench assuming Javale starts next year or even if he is back.

I think we should get a back up Pg who can run, maybe Stone is the guy maybe not but I would like to look at options. Sometimes it was embarrassing to look at out FG % when Ty want on the floor in the playoffs.

ERoyal248
05-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I would really like to get John Henson in the draft. I think we could use a big like him off the bench assuming Javale starts next year or even if he is back.

I think we should get a back up Pg who can run, maybe Stone is the guy maybe not but I would like to look at options. Sometimes it was embarrassing to look at out FG % when Ty want on the floor in the playoffs.

Henson is a lottery pick, i doubt he's there when you guys pick.

getlynched47
05-13-2012, 08:17 PM
:(

nic.zeman24
05-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Henson is a lottery pick, i doubt he's there when you guys pick.

I've read a couple of mocks where they had him falling to us, but not picking him, so I will be holding out hope that he is still there when we pick

The Experience
05-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Masai Ujiri has stated that the Nuggets will match any offer for Javale McGee.

Atwnbroncfan
05-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Masai Ujiri has stated that the Nuggets will match any offer for Javale McGee.

Those are some gutsy words when you have guys like Mark Cuban out there.

Spitfire Riggz
05-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Those are some gutsy words when you have guys like Mark Cuban out there.

I hope Javale enjoyed it here and isn't lured away by a little more money ( I know I know)

Broncoholic3233
05-17-2012, 11:54 PM
I hope Javale enjoyed it here and isn't lured away by a little more money ( I know I know)

Even if he is, we match it, he stays, he has no choice ;)

But I think he liked it here and he'll stay regardless. He actually got coached, and he got a real sweet connection with Dre.

Spitfire Riggz
05-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Even if he is, we match it, he stays, he has no choice ;)

But I think he liked it here and he'll stay regardless. He actually got coached, and he got a real sweet connection with Dre.

Yeah true but theres a chance Dre might not be back =/...

anyway I'll just leave this here....

Pe6q7OE4XfA

Spitfire Riggz
05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
You know I honestly believe the Nuggets and Thunder would have made for a better series.

Broncoholic JS
05-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Could you guys imagine where we would be right now if Scotty Brooks stayed as an assistant coach? WOW

nic.zeman24
05-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would put this here.

Aiming for greatness, the Nuggets need more firepower if they want to shoot for the NBA championship.
Here's the target:
Austin Rivers is a 19-year-old shooting guard from a basketball family. He's got range on his jumper and the arrogance taught at Duke.
Dreamers think if quarterback Peyton Manning can pick Denver from all cities in the NFL, the Nuggets should also be able to attract an established superstar.
While not closing his mind to any opportunity, Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri has repeatedly told me that Denver has yet to establish itself as a preferred destination for top free agents.
Sure, it's possible that Dwyane Wade won't be able to stand the Heat, should Miami get bounced from the NBA playoffs. The Nuggets would be one of the few teams with the basketball commodities to discuss a trade for a true marquee player. But what are the realistic chances of Wade or Dwight Howard clamoring to wear a Denver uniform?
Not. Gonna. Happen.
Right or wrong, the Nuggets are committed to proving a championship can be won by a team whose sum is greater than its parts, and Denver is emboldened by the ensemble cast assembled in Indiana by Larry Bird.
"Our goal is to win a championship," Ujiri said. "If I didn't think that was possible, why would I be here?"
It makes little sense for a young team to add an old gunslinger such as Ray Allen, the 36-year-old Boston guard due to be an unrestricted free agent.
The prospects of this draft, however, hold appeal for Denver.
With Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari, the Nuggets are overstocked in wing men. There's not enough time in a game for coach George Karl to keep all his centers happy. Add the team's 20th overall pick in the first round, and Ujiri might have the goods to move into the top 10 of this draft. It depends, of course, on how much Denver is willing to surrender in a deal.
But want the Nuggets to have a shot to do serious damage in the playoffs?
Go get Rivers.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20664421/nuggets-should-trade-some-depth-get-austin-rivers

I dont know what to think of this. I think he will be a good player, but to get rid of either AAA, Gallo or Chandler would hurt since our team has not had a full training camp together. I would rather find a big man in the draft rather than a combo guard.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would put this here.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20664421/nuggets-should-trade-some-depth-get-austin-rivers

I dont know what to think of this. I think he will be a good player, but to get rid of either AAA, Gallo or Chandler would hurt since our team has not had a full training camp together. I would rather find a big man in the draft rather than a combo guard.
If we are gonna trade up in the draft, I want it to be for a bonafide future superstar.

the0rangecrush
06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Well the draft is a little under two weeks away, and the first big news is out IMO Ohio State F Jared Sullinger has been medically red flagged with back issues with team doctors adviding lottery teams to not take him. If he falls to us I'd love to take him, he can be a superstar and reminds a lot of Kevin Love. Another guy I like is Royce White, during combine drills he was giving other big men fits.

Atwnbroncfan
06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Omar Asik just got offered 8 million by the Rockets. I'm afraid to see what the final bill on McGee is going to be.

The Experience
07-01-2012, 01:26 PM
The Nuggets did not extend a qualifying offer to Rudy Fernandez. Making him a UFA.

HUMCALC
07-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Omar Asik just got offered 8 million by the Rockets. I'm afraid to see what the final bill on McGee is going to be.

Good, I hope he leaves CHI. Any idea of how long the contract is?

Atwnbroncfan
07-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Nuggets resign Andre Miller to a 3 year deal.

All were going to focus on now is McGee.

InElwayWeTrust
07-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Meh... That was expected.

Not super excited about it, but not a bad re-signing either.

The Experience
07-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Andre Miller is the best backup PG in the game. This is a big move.

InElwayWeTrust
07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Andre Miller is the best backup PG in the game. This is a big move.

He played his best basketball in the playoffs, and we.....

Still lost like we always do.

It's not a "huge" move to sign someone who you lost with when they were playing great. I'm not hating on Miller, I am a supporter of his and have constantly said we should resign him throughout the year.

But this move is pretty far from huge.

I'm sorry right now I'm being about as pessimistic as possible right now when it comes to the NBA because I despise what it has become. But I just don't see this team going deep into the western conference playoffs. And that's exactly what it seems our FO wants. "this team"

Atwnbroncfan
07-11-2012, 11:37 AM
So we signed Fournier, meaning he will be here next year. With resigning of Miller and Fournier today we have 14 players under contract with McGee and Q. Miller to go. So someone is going to get cut. Birdman has got to be pretty nervous. Maybe Stone, but I think the organization likes him a lot. I believe Bird will be amnestied. It's possible a trade is on the horizon too.

BluenOrnge4Life
07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
So we signed Fournier, meaning he will be here next year. With resigning of Miller and Fournier today we have 14 players under contract with McGee and Q. Miller to go. So someone is going to get cut. Birdman has got to be pretty nervous. Maybe Stone, but I think the organization likes him a lot. I believe Bird will be amnestied. It's possible a trade is on the horizon too.

Ya and I've been seeing some interesting tweets from Mcgee. Re-Tweets from Nuggs fans about him re-signing. I think it's going to happen soon...

MegaOrange
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Fournier, Stone, Q.Miller, and Hamilton are all options for the D-League. I'd say Fournier and Q.Miller would have to really impress in summer league to overtake Stone or Hamilton. Hamilton probably showed enough to keep Fernandez from getting an offer so I think he's a lock.

I think you're right, Bird may be gone. He wasn't getting minutes anyway and with the court case it's just a whole bunch of no good, not for a bench guy.

We really need a strong post player, someone that can draw double teams. Maybe Faried can develop a little of that but he'll always be undersized. Nene had his faults but he did draw attention in the post which opened up the half court game more than anyone we have now.

BluenOrnge4Life
07-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Fournier, Stone, Q.Miller, and Hamilton are all options for the D-League. I'd say Fournier and Q.Miller would have to really impress in summer league to overtake Stone or Hamilton. Hamilton probably showed enough to keep Fernandez from getting an offer so I think he's a lock.

I think you're right, Bird may be gone. He wasn't getting minutes anyway and with the court case it's just a whole bunch of no good, not for a bench guy.

We really need a strong post player, someone that can draw double teams. Maybe Faried can develop a little of that but he'll always be undersized. Nene had his faults but he did draw attention in the post which opened up the half court game more than anyone we have now.

Fernandez is gone. he's going to be playing in Spain the next few years.. Hamilton got minutes at times last year as a rookie, so I'd be a bit surprised if he was playing D-League this year.

Atwnbroncfan
07-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Fournier and Q. Miller are guarantees for the D-League. But even if they are in the D-League they still count as a roster spot for the nuggets, and the max you can have under contract is 15.

MegaOrange
07-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Fournier and Q. Miller are guarantees for the D-League. But even if they are in the D-League they still count as a roster spot for the nuggets, and the max you can have under contract is 15.

Yeah, which is why I think Anderson is the easy pick to go. I don't think anyone will trade for him, maybe the Knicks! They seem to be building the Denver Nuggets from years ago.

MegaOrange
07-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I like Stone, but Fournier is a very motivated guy. His strength is driving the lane which is something Denver wants. Stone played pretty reserved which could hurt him in a competition with Fournier. I don't think Stone is in any danger of being cut, but Fournier could give him some competition for an NBA spot.

I think the summer league starts in a few day, we should hear more soon.

Bowie Man
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
McGee is making progress with his deal https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/222906938919366656

Plus, if anyone is interested, the Summer league games start this Saturday. I'll be watching just see Faried play some more

BluenOrnge4Life
07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
McGee is making progress with his deal https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/222906938919366656

Plus, if anyone is interested, the Summer league games start this Saturday. I'll be watching just see Faried play some more
Great news. Thanks for the heads up!

MegaOrange
07-11-2012, 01:17 PM

Great news!

Atwnbroncfan
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CKTQFJ6_2Y

Fournier dunking on Faried in practice

BluenOrnge4Life
07-11-2012, 08:28 PM

I'm sure Faried was heckled a lot after getting dunked on by a rookie frenchy. :laugh:

Thanks for sharing though. The kid is talented, confident, and has good size.

Orange Pants
07-13-2012, 08:05 AM
We offered Mcgee a 5 year 50 million dollar contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_21065389/denver-nuggets-offer-five-year-50-million-contract?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-nuggets+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Nuggets%29

Atwnbroncfan
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
We offered Mcgee a 5 year 50 million dollar contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_21065389/denver-nuggets-offer-five-year-50-million-contract?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-nuggets+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Nuggets%29

That's a lot of money for 2 good playoff games. I want the guy back, but thats a big pill to swallow. I was hoping for the 7-8 million dollar range.

With the Gallo, McGee, Afflalo deals we are sure betting on speculative growth. It's either going to make us look like geniuses or idiots. Time will tell. But in the mean time I hope we are making progress on Ty Lawson.

The Experience
07-13-2012, 09:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CKTQFJ6_2Y

actually starting to like this guy. His offensive game reminds me a lot of Ginobli.

Atwnbroncfan
07-13-2012, 10:41 AM
actually starting to like this guy. His offensive game reminds me a lot of Ginobli.

He is not necessarily athletic but is a slasher like Manu. That dunk shows how lengthy he can be which is a plus. When you ask him he says his game most resembles Ginobli. He won't be a big contributor here for 1-2 seasons so he has time to develop.

BluenOrnge4Life
07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
That's a lot of money for 2 good playoff games. I want the guy back, but thats a big pill to swallow. I was hoping for the 7-8 million dollar range.

With the Gallo, McGee, Afflalo deals we are sure betting on speculative growth. It's either going to make us look like geniuses or idiots. Time will tell. But in the mean time I hope we are making progress on Ty Lawson.

Yes it's a lot of money. He hasn't accepted it yet, so I really hope he doesn't drain us for any more money than is already on the table.

InElwayWeTrust
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Man I think that's too much money for McGhee.

I hope this doesn't end up being idiotic like the contract we gave to Nene. :rolleyes:

nic.zeman24
07-13-2012, 09:12 PM
That is way too much money for him. He doesn't have any offensive game at all. He is good defensively, but that is it. He should be getting 7 million MAX

nic.zeman24
07-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Will the Summer League games be on altitude?

the0rangecrush
07-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I know theyre on NBA TV

BluenOrnge4Life
07-14-2012, 06:13 AM
That is way too much money for him. He doesn't have any offensive game at all. He is good defensively, but that is it. He should be getting 7 million MAX

No offensive game? Did you watch the Lakers series? He's got a ton of potential, and made a lot of progress in his short time here with good coaching - something he never had in Washington with those knuckleheads.

What's the alternative at Center? The Nuggets will pay him what the market says he's worth. It may be more than people like, but look how much Asik and Hibbert have gotten.

They believe that he'll only get better, and thus far this front office has given us no reason not to trust their judgement.

Atwnbroncfan
07-14-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_21073848/lawson-deal-definitely-going-get-done-soon

Ty Lawson thinks his extension will get done soon.

CoryWinget81
07-14-2012, 09:16 AM
No offensive game? Did you watch the Lakers series? He's got a ton of potential, and made a lot of progress in his short time here with good coaching - something he never had in Washington with those knuckleheads.

What's the alternative at Center? The Nuggets will pay him what the market says he's worth. It may be more than people like, but look how much Asik and Hibbert have gotten.

They believe that he'll only get better, and thus far this front office has given us no reason not to trust their judgement.
Not only that, but big men are in serious need. An offer of 7 million would just get beat.

Atwnbroncfan
07-14-2012, 10:36 AM
It's amazing watching the Dwight Howard deal and seeing what they are going to get back. And it's no where near what we got back for Melo. Masaii has done an excellent job as Nuggets GM. He turned Melo, Billups, and a bunch of scrubs who never play into Gallo, Chandler, Andre Miller, Mozgov, Kosta Kofus, Jordan Hamilton, Quincy Miller, and two more draft picks to go. Along with that he flipped a 2nd rounder for Rudy Fernandez (now gone) and a throw in steal of Cory Brewer. Along with flipping an aging and never reaching expectations player in Nene for at the very least a player comparable to Marcus Camby in McGee. And if McGee can develop some low post moves he can be an all star center.

Nuggets were very lucky to get Masaii.

nic.zeman24
07-14-2012, 02:25 PM

You're right the market for centers is completely bloated. We will pay him, but we will come to regret the contract in a couple of years.

I did watch the Lakers series he had 2 good games. He doesn't have touch around the rim and I think his ceiling is about 12-13 points per game.

CoryWinget81
07-14-2012, 03:00 PM
You're right the market for centers is completely bloated. We will pay him, but we will come to regret the contract in a couple of years.

I did watch the Lakers series he had 2 good games. He doesn't have touch around the rim and I think his ceiling is about 12-13 points per game.

I'll take 10 points a game in exchange for 2 or 3 block plus good interior D.

Atwnbroncfan
07-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Apparently Anthony Randolph is meeting with our management at the Nuggets summer league game right now. I liked him a lot coming out of college, but it's hard to see how he fits. We have no room at all. As it is we somehow have to get Quincy Miller a roster spot.

ERoyal248
07-14-2012, 04:26 PM

Asik got 7 or 8 mil per year and he has no offensive game.

Pretty much is a defensive player right now.

It probably is a lot, but what are the alternatives over him, Koufos, Mosgov?

Broncoholic3233
07-14-2012, 05:47 PM
It's actually a pretty fair contract for a big man.

Plus, he's way better than Asik and he got 7 mil.

And he has unlimited potential.

Hopefully he signs it.

Atwnbroncfan
07-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Summer League game 1

http://www.nba.com/video/games/nuggets/2012/07/14/1521200006_gsw_den_recap.nba

Jordan Hamilton Throws it down hard

http://www.nba.com/video/games/nuggets/2012/07/14/1521200006_gsw_den_play2.nba

the0rangecrush
07-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Well my initial impresiobs from the summer league

JHam- Can flat out score, but forced things and left his feet with no real plan a lot.

Mannimal- You could tell he is trying to work on his jumper which is not his game, his stat line might suffer but hes trying to improve

Fournier: I liked what I saw. He has range, plays D, and can attack the rim. Still needs to develop more but not a bad first impression.

Turkeyglaze:) : definitely the draft and stash, but a big man with handle can be very good he has a lot of potential.

Miller: Before tge draft he was described as a poormans Kevin Durant, and he showed why. Guy is smooth and can shoot from anywhere. Not saying hes KD, but he is a steal in the second round

Broncoholic3233
07-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I loved the Fournier pick. Most didn't apparently on here anyways.

He's been awesome in the summer league. Weber keeps raving about him. He's made some great passes. He can shoot. He's lengthy and not afraid to use his hands. He's good at driving, drawing contact and finishing. He's big. And he's only 19.

Definitely like what I've seen.

InElwayWeTrust
07-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I'll be front row for our Summer league Game Thursday vs the bobcats. :D

Can't wait to see how Fornier looks.

Oh yeah, and witness the best basketball player on the planet in person. :rockon:

the0rangecrush
07-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I'll be front row for our Summer league Game Thursday vs the bobcats. :D

Can't wait to see how Fornier looks.

Oh yeah, and witness the best basketball player on the planet in person. :rockon:

Silly IEWT Jordan has been retired for quite some time :)

InElwayWeTrust
07-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Silly IEWT Jordan has been retired for quite some time :)

Yeah Jordan was pretty good, but not as good as the MANIMAL!!! :D

BluenOrnge4Life
07-15-2012, 06:38 PM
I loved the Fournier pick. Most didn't apparently on here anyways.

He's been awesome in the summer league. Weber keeps raving about him. He's made some great passes. He can shoot. He's lengthy and not afraid to use his hands. He's good at driving, drawing contact and finishing. He's big. And he's only 19.

Definitely like what I've seen.

Ya good reviews on him thus far in the first couple of games. It's good to hear, especially since he's so young and is already impressing.

Bowie Man
07-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah Jordan was pretty good, but not as good as the MANIMAL!!! :D

Just to forewarn you, he might not play. It's been said he probably won't play in every Summer League game.

InElwayWeTrust
07-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Just to forewarn you, he might not play. It's been said he probably won't play in every Summer League game.

:sad:

Hopefully he at least plays a little. It will be fun either way. :rockon:

Broncoholic3233
07-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Faried playing a lot today. Not sure that is a good sign, IEWT :(

Atwnbroncfan
07-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Stone is out 5 months with the same injury as Chandler. Since his salary is not guaranteed it's hard to see him staying on the roster when we need an extra space. Especially since we missed the deadline to amesty Birdman.

Broncoholic3233
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
He'll be on the D-League roster then come back. Nuggets are very high on him.

Kitchen will more than likely make the team. Then it'll be up to him to keep it away from Stone.

nic.zeman24
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Apparently we signed Anthony Randolf and amnestied Bird...

HUMCALC
07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Apparently we signed Anthony Randolf and amnestied Bird...

Where did you read that? I can't find it

nic.zeman24
07-17-2012, 07:59 PM
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger

HUMCALC
07-17-2012, 08:11 PM
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger

Thank you :salute:

Atwnbroncfan
07-17-2012, 09:05 PM
I jumped the gun on Birdman, but still 2 players, Miller and Randolph, for one spot. We shall see what happens.

But with the money we gave Randolph his spot is all but certain. Stones' spot is in trouble. Unless we are able trade Mozgov, Wilson Chandler, or Cory Brewer for a draft pick.

HUMCALC
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I jumped the gun on Birdman, but still 2 players, Miller and Randolph, for one spot. We shall see what happens.

But with the money we gave Randolph his spot is all but certain. Stones' spot is in trouble. Unless we are able trade Mozgov, Wilson Chandler, or Cory Brewer for a draft pick.

We'll take McGee, Chandler, or Brewer off your hands :D

Atwnbroncfan
07-17-2012, 09:21 PM
We'll take McGee, Chandler, or Brewer off your hands :D

Brewer for a 2nd round pick (expiring contract) or a 1st and 2nd rd pick for Chandler could get it done.

Atwnbroncfan
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Assuming McGee is resigned here is the current depth

PG- Lawson/Miller/Stone
SG- Afflalo/Hamilton/Fournier
SF- Gallo/Chandler/Brewer/Miller
PF- Faried/Harrington/Randolph
C- McGee/Mozgov/Kofus

My guess is one of those in the Bold will be traded due to expiring contracts, or Stone could be released. Chandler has also been amid rumors for awhile now so that remains a strong possibility. 3 guys deep at every position. I guess we can't complain. Masai at the very least has built up a lot of assets.

Bowie Man
07-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Assuming McGee is resigned here is the current depth

PG- Lawson/Miller/Stone
SG- Afflalo/Hamilton/Fournier
SF- Gallo/Chandler/Brewer/Miller
PF- Faried/Harrington/Randolph
C- McGee/Mozgov/Kofus

My guess is one of those in the Bold will be traded due to expiring contracts, or Stone could be released. Chandler has also been amid rumors for awhile now so that remains a strong possibility. 3 guys deep at every position. I guess we can't complain. Masai at the very least has built up a lot of assets.

I want to see Hamilton in a regular season game. If he keeps shooting lights out we'll be a very strong team since the outside shot really was a weakness for us last year. Definitely interested to see how our lineup turns out

The Experience
07-18-2012, 08:31 AM
good move Masai.

Birdman is easily the worst player on the team and he gets paid way too much.

The Experience
07-18-2012, 08:32 AM
I think we signed Randolph to eventually take over for Al. They have a very similar skill set.

getlynched47
07-18-2012, 08:33 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3p3y6m.jpg

HUMCALC
07-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Brewer for a 2nd round pick (expiring contract) or a 1st and 2nd rd pick for Chandler could get it done.

Sorry, no. We need our picks

BluenOrnge4Life
07-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Mcgee re-signed to a 4 year $44 million contract.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Great move. I like the 4 years for 44 mil instead of 5 at 50 better too. The potential is HUGE, but if it doesn't work out the way you want it, you can get out of the contract sooner and save $6 mil. If he plays great and continues to get better, you can extend him again in 3 years.

Atwnbroncfan
07-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I wish I could act like an idiot for 4 years then have 2 great days at work then be guaranteed 44 million dollars.

The Experience
07-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I wish I could act like an idiot for 4 years then have 2 great days at work then be guaranteed 44 million dollars.

To be fair, he had no dumbass moments in Denver.

beastlyskronk
07-18-2012, 09:05 PM

The contract isn't based on his play though, it's based on his potential. He has the potential to be a dominant force in the paint on both sides of the court. He flashed it in his brief time with us last year so naturally we tend to assume that he's close to turning the corner. Also I think the trade humbled him in some respect because he's worked hard ever since he got here and hasn't been as erratic on the court.

Broncoholic3233
07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
The contract isn't based on his play though, it's based on his potential. He has the potential to be a dominant force in the paint on both sides of the court. He flashed it in his brief time with us last year so naturally we tend to assume that he's close to turning the corner. Also I think the trade humbled him in some respect because he's worked hard ever since he got here and hasn't been as erratic on the court.

I think it was GK more than anythings. He's a no crap kind of coach. NOTHING will fly. Same with Ujiri and Kronke. They'll trade his ass in a heart beat if he's a moron.

We got him for a steal. So glad he's in Denve for the foreseeable future.

Now get Lawson and were set for a while I do believe.

HUMCALC
07-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Ah, what it means to be a pro-athlete

Houshmazode
07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Lol. I'm glad we re-signed McGee. I think his dumbassery shouldn't be too big of a problem since he's surrounded by a better organization in Denver. The Wizards were full of clowns and a crappy coach. His potential is great with the running system we have here. I don't think there is a better fit in the league for a big man in GK's system.

Broncoholic3233
07-20-2012, 03:17 PM
During today's game against the Trailblazers, all the Nuggets are wearing black headbands in tribute of the victims in Aurora last night.

Broncoholic3233
07-20-2012, 04:31 PM
DENVER, July 20, 2012 The Denver Nuggets have signed free-agent F Anthony Randolph to a multiyear contract, Nuggets Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Masai Ujiri announced today.
Randolph, 6-11, 225, averaged 7.4 points and 3.6 rebounds in 34 games (five starts) with the Minnesota Timberwolves last season. He scored a season-high 28 points and added six boards and five blocks on April 11, 2012 at Denver.

Randolph, 23, joined the Timberwolves as part of a three-team, 13-player trade that also involved the Nuggets and New York Knicks on Feb. 22, 2011. He appeared in 17 games for the Knicks (2.1 ppg and 2.4 rpg) and 23 games for the Timberwolves (11.7 ppg and 5.2 rpg) during the 2010-11 season.

Selected 14th overall out of Louisiana State in the 2008 NBA Draft, Randolph spent his first two season with the Golden State Warriors. He averaged 7.9 points and 5.8 rebounds in 63 games as a rookie and posted career-high averages of 11.6 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.54 blocks in 33 games in 2009-10.

For his career, Randolph has played 20-plus minutes 65 times, averaging 14.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.78 blocks in those games.

With the addition of Randolph, the Nuggets roster currently stands at 15 players.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/denver-nuggets-sign-free-agent-f-anthony-randolph

So now it is 'officially, official'. We are soo extremely stacked, I have no idea how we are going to find our players playing time.

InElwayWeTrust
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
So I was at the Summer League game vs the Bobcats yesterday and it was pretty cool. We lost but I still had fun. I got to see Faried play for the first half and he was throwin down dunks per usual. :cool:

But he caught a mean elbow to the eyebrow and had to be helped into the locker room. He was bleeding all over and it looked pretty bad. He came back out of the locker room later in the game and sat on the bench with a bandage and ice on his forehead so it wasn't TOO bad.

I have some pictures that I will post on here when I get to my computer. I got to see Doc Rivers and Reggie Miller.

I also got to meet DeAndre Jordan and got a picture with him. He was sitting in the row in front of us for the entire Clipps game so that was pretty cool.

And finally I got to meet......

Wait for it.....

A little longer.....

Aaron Afflalo. :D

He was really cool, sitting up with the regular fans, not in the VIP section where all the other players were. He took pictures with everyone and I got him to sign a little "NBA Summer League" basketball.

Jeff I know you jelly... :laugh:

Anyways, it was cool other than Faried getting knocked out.

Broncoholic3233
07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I hate you.

That is all.