PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Rockies getting trade interest from Esmil Rogers

The Experience
05-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Per Ken Rosenthal

I think he is better than his stats indicate, but he has been awful in the last month or so.

DenverBlood
05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd like to keep him. He is still very young and hasn't reached his full potential. Not even close. I mean what would we get for him that would be like a couldn't resist type deal anyway?

Bronco51
05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Maybe someone with a better pitching coach can make him legitimate. Right now, our guy ain't getting it done with him.

The Experience
05-17-2012, 10:24 AM
I'd like to keep him. He is still very young and hasn't reached his full potential. Not even close. I mean what would we get for him that would be like a couldn't resist type deal anyway?

it would likely be a type of deal like they got for Felipe Paulino last year

Blondie79
05-17-2012, 10:25 AM
i love esmil, rough couplde months but has potential.. if he gets traded i can see him turning into a real good pitcher and kicking our butts lol

The Experience
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
i love esmil, rough couplde months but has potential.. if he gets traded i can see him turning into a real good pitcher and kicking our butts lol

Well remember Paulino last year? Tracy tried to make him a late inning reliever and he stunk it up. So we trade him to KC and he has been great as a starting pitcher. Another Tracy FO blunder, shocker.

CinnaMunMun
05-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Well remember Paulino last year? Tracy tried to make him a late inning reliever and he stunk it up. So we trade him to KC and he has been great as a starting pitcher. Another Tracy FO blunder, shocker.

Although Tracy is going to have a say in it (such as putting Paulino as a reliever), personnel moves are O'Dowd. Not to mention his success is an aberration.

As a starter, Paulino was 6-21 5.83 ERA in 34 starts before he came here. In Spring Training he was a starter and allowed 11 hits, 5 runs, in 6 innings. Guy screamed success...

CinnaMunMun
05-17-2012, 10:38 AM
On topic of the thread, we need to trade Esmil. Guy has talent, but so do a bunch of guys in AAA. You simply don't know which Esmil you are going to get. One is dominant, the other puts fat ones down the middle of the plate. He is out of minor league options and so it is do or die time.

If we can get some good value, I say trade him.

The Experience
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Although Tracy is going to have a say in it (such as putting Paulino as a reliever), personnel moves are O'Dowd. Not to mention his success is an aberration.

As a starter, Paulino was 6-21 5.83 ERA in 34 starts before he came here. In Spring Training he was a starter and allowed 11 hits, 5 runs, in 6 innings. Guy screamed success...
Paulino took a long time to "get it" with Houston, but in the season prior to the trade to the Rockies. He showed signs of dominance as a starter. He should have at least gotten an opportunity as a starter before we gave up on him. Our SP was garbage last year so we should have given him a start.

Broncoholic3233
05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I'll be pissed if we trade him.

We won't get anything for him and it'll be just so we don't lose him on waivers trying to option him.

Too good of stuff to get rid of unless it's a crazy trade. Pass.

CinnaMunMun
05-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Paulino took a long time to "get it" with Houston, but in the season prior to the trade to the Rockies. He showed signs of dominance as a starter. He should have at least gotten an opportunity as a starter before we gave up on him. Our SP was garbage last year so we should have given him a start.

Moscoso did the same with the Athletics. Pitchers with that much talent are going to do that.

I would have loved Paulino to work out for us, but when the guy is clobbered in ST and can't hit the strike zone as a reliever, you don't promote him to pitch 5+.

The Experience
05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Moscoso did the same with the Athletics. Pitchers with that much talent are going to do that.

I would have loved Paulino to work out for us, but when the guy is clobbered in ST and can't hit the strike zone as a reliever, you don't promote him to pitch 5+.
It worked for KC

CinnaMunMun
05-17-2012, 01:34 PM
It worked for KC

Want me to name every castoff we had that didn't?

Or better yet, how about other castoffs that worked for us, like DLR and Belisle

The Experience
05-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Want me to name every castoff we had that didn't?

Or better yet, how about other castoffs that worked for us, like DLR and Belisle

No, Im just saying we were quick to pull the trigger on Paulino.

Atwnbroncfan
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Per Ken Rosenthal

I think he is better than his stats indicate, but he has been awful in the last month or so.

Every pitcher that pitches in CO is better than what their stats say.

CinnaMunMun
05-17-2012, 04:05 PM
No, Im just saying we were quick to pull the trigger on Paulino.

I do agree on that. Rogers is just feel different. Guy is so frustrating, insane talent and just when he seems to come around, he stumbles.