• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spitfire Riggz
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2009

[Nuggets] Wilson Chandler VS Danillo Gallinari

Who should be the starter? Why? Should we even keep both? Discuss!
    Danillo Gallinari
    55.56%
    Wilson Chandler
    44.44%
  • InElwayWeTrust
    All-Pro
    • Mar 2010

1. Who should be the starter? Danilo Gallinari

2. Why? He is the overall better player. They are both young, but IMO Gallo has more potential, and he handles and passes the ball really well for how tall he is. Before his injury he was our best scorer, and I think he will continue that next year as long as he stays healthy.

3. Should we keep both? Yes, I would keep both, it allows us to mix and match our lineup while always keeping a good SF on the floor at all times. I wouldn't trade either UNLESS we were able to package one of them with a couple other players to get a great player. Of course in that case I would trade one and keep the other, but that isn't likely. So I say keep both.

Comment

• Spitfire Riggz
      Practice Squad
      • Sep 2009

Interesting.... that gets me thinking. If we were to package one of them up to trade for a great player, what position would it be at?

I feel like we have a rising star at PG in TL and like you said at SF Danillo would be our best scorer. Javale seems like he can become unstoppable at times and we all love our new PF Manimal. I guess that leaves Afflalo but I like him hes such a hard worker.

Sorry de-railing my own thread =P, well not really we are discussing the "keep both?" question!

Comment

• Cyrend
        Practice Squad
        • Sep 2007

I like Wilson Chandler more. Gallo makes me crazy when he drives for the rim and contorts his body in all sorts of ways to try and get the foul called, and if not he lobs up some stupid attempt to really sell it..and don't even get me started on his absolutely stupidly horrendous game 4 flop against the Lakers.

If I were the GM going into this season, I would say everyone is tradeable save for Lawson. I like these young pieces, but I feel if we are going to go anywhere in the playoffs, we need at least an established All Star. Thier inconsistency kills us in the playoffs/
        Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
          #OrangeandBlue #PFM
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cyrend View Post
          I like Wilson Chandler more. Gallo makes me crazy when he drives for the rim and contorts his body in all sorts of ways to try and get the foul called, and if not he lobs up some stupid attempt to really sell it..and don't even get me started on his absolutely stupidly horrendous game 4 flop against the Lakers.

If I were the GM going into this season, I would say everyone is tradeable save for Lawson. I like these young pieces, but I feel if we are going to go anywhere in the playoffs, we need at least an established All Star. Thier inconsistency kills us in the playoffs/
          So you are punishing Gallo because of a flop? Uh.....news flash......that is what the NBA is now.....and in part why the NBA sucks.

He scores points. Who cares if he drives in the lane and gets fouled. He gets to the line and he hits a high percentage of his free throws. He can shoot too. He's a good defender too.

Chandler on the other hand is more of an unproven. I love Chandler and think he would've made the difference in the Lakers series no doubt, but I'm not sure he's better than Gallo. He seems like a 6th man to me. He has a great shot and has good on the ball defense. But once again, he is unproven.

I think Chandler will be treated like JR was for us. Play a heavy amount of minutes off of the bench, and definitely be in a lot in the 4th quarter.

They are both gonna have legitimate shots at being all-stars, imo.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Cyrend
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            So you are punishing Gallo because of a flop? Uh.....news flash......that is what the NBA is now.....and in part why the NBA sucks.

He scores points. Who cares if he drives in the lane and gets fouled. He gets to the line and he hits a high percentage of his free throws. He can shoot too. He's a good defender too.

Chandler on the other hand is more of an unproven. I love Chandler and think he would've made the difference in the Lakers series no doubt, but I'm not sure he's better than Gallo. He seems like a 6th man to me. He has a great shot and has good on the ball defense. But once again, he is unproven.

I think Chandler will be treated like JR was for us. Play a heavy amount of minutes off of the bench, and definitely be in a lot in the 4th quarter.

They are both gonna have legitimate shots at being all-stars, imo.
            No, you misunderstand me. My problem with him is that he drives looking to get fouled rather than looking to score( other coaches/analysts have commented about this exact thing so it's not just my sole opinion) But that's what bugs me. If he wasn't such a good foul shooter, he probably wouldn't try it. But he plays to his strengths of being a great shooter at the line, so more power to him.

And I wouldn't say that's "what the NBA is now". Major flopping is still in the minority among players in the league. There are a few players who really, really oversell it (mostly European players), and I personally think Gallo is one of them. But even though it's part of the game, there is a time and place for it. Game 4 with a minute to go in a one score game is not the time to roll around on the floor (when you clearly are going to get no call, I might add), leaving your team to play 4 on 5 in the most critical part of the game. I don't care who it is. If I had seen any other player just give up on the play like that, I'd be pissed at them too.

But that's my beef with Gallo. It's almost like he's trying to rely on the refs to bail him out, but he has no reason to be needing to. He plays good defense. He has a good, if not very inconsistent, outside shot. He drives to the rim well. He can handle and pass the ball almost like a PG. He's got all these skills, and yet he can't put it together. He's got all these individual skills, but he seems to think he needs to help from the refs to complete his game.

Chandler I see as a more dynamic player, but they are very similar. He's got a good reputation for defense, but it's something Nuggets fans have seen on and off. He can be explosive going to the rim. He's got a nice outside shot, but inconsistent like Gallo. I think his main strength is that he is a very good iso player, and one of the few on the team who can really create their own shot. That's what I like about Chandler, and as a team moving forward looking for a guy to be clutch in the crunch time, I can see him in that role.
            Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

• johnlimburg
              Ring of Famer
              • Sep 2009

I would keep both. However if there was a trade oppurtunity then I would not be angry if we moved one of them. I agree with BH3233. Chandler seems like a 6th man. I hope he is that next year and we can move Al Harrington. Use him in a package to get a player or move up in the draft or something like that.

However I have a feeling we stick with the team we have. I hope not but I think we will. Lawson and Mcgee will be back on bigger money. Then Miller will probably be back also. I think Rudy will leave so that means we have the same team as last season pretty much.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                Football Immortal
                • Jun 2007

Gallo does flop too much, and it isn't even the flopping that necessarily bothers me, it's that he does it so much on offense where generally you won't get it called unless you're a star player or it's an obvious foul. What really annoys me when he does flop though is that I feel like he's missing out on genuine 3 point plays because he wants to sell the foul. Ideally we'll keep both of them and I'd love to see them both play with the game on the line in the 4th quarter with Chandler at the 3 and Gallo at the 4 and probably McGee in at C. This way we'll be able to spread the court and have 2 forwards on the court that can create their own shot and knock down and open shot.

But as for who should start, it should definitely be Gallo. Gallo is a better scorer and he's just as good on defense imo. I actually don't think Gallo is as good of a 3 point shooter as we thought, but I do think he's money a few feet inside the 3 point line, I'd love to see him step in and take more of those, at least until he gets his 3 point shot to be consistent. I'd also love to see Gallo start to develop a post game, he should really study Dirk Nowitzki and start to emulate him because Gallo can do everything he can do.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2009

Was talking with a magic fan the other day, and they said they would do a Javale, Miller, Gallo, Koufas trade for Howard and Duhon. I would be all for that trade amd then take Mike Scott in the draft, hes a tough gritty defender with the ability to score.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• johnlimburg
                    Ring of Famer
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    Was talking with a magic fan the other day, and they said they would do a Javale, Miller, Gallo, Koufas trade for Howard and Duhon. I would be all for that trade amd then take Mike Scott in the draft, hes a tough gritty defender with the ability to score.
                    It would take more then that IMO. Not more players but better quality. And if Howard agreed to a long term extension then that would be great and we could make a serious run at him. More like Afflalo, Harrington, Mcgee and a first round pick or something like that.

Comment

• The Experience
                      All-Pro
                      • Jan 2007

Sorry fellas there is no way we get Howard without giving up Ty Lawson
                      sigpic

Comment

• 12and4
                        Banned User
                        • Nov 2006

imo, afflalo and ty lawson are untradeable... I just dont see it happening.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                          Captain
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          It would take more then that IMO. Not more players but better quality. And if Howard agreed to a long term extension then that would be great and we could make a serious run at him. More like Afflalo, Harrington, Mcgee and a first round pick or something like that.
                          Although I like AAA, I'd do that trade all day. However, Upon further talks the magic are looking to clear cap space. They have been trying to unload Turkalu's contract for quite sometime. Basically any deal involving howard will involve him as well IMO. Right now they have 3 pieces Anderson, Big Baby, and Nelson. They have very little depth and are an older team.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            Sorry fellas there is no way we get Howard without giving up Ty Lawson
                            Disagree he is our team no way we do that, plus he doesnt fit the magics scheme very well. They are a slow tempo team. Plus the magic are very high on Jameer Nelson

Comment

• The Experience
                              All-Pro
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              Disagree he is our team no way we do that, plus he doesnt fit the magics scheme very well. They are a slow tempo team. Plus the magic are very high on Jameer Nelson
                              I never said we would do it, I'm just saying that there is no way we get Howard and keep Ty.

Plus they have no scheme right now because they have no coach so I would fully expect they would want Ty.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X