PDA

View Full Version : Foxworth mulling retirement

flosstein
05-18-2012, 08:25 AM
I know he's not a Bronco anymore, but the guy was well liked around here and he even visited the boards occasionally. Once a Bronco, always a Bronco (unless u knock us)!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7945293/nflpa-president-domonique-foxworth-mulls-end-playing-days

Veteran cornerback Domonique Foxworth says he will likely retire before next season, two months after he was elected president of the NFL players' association.

Foxworth
"I think that I've probably made the decision that I'm going to move forward and stop playing football," Foxworth told the United Kingdom football site, DBLcoverage.com, in a recent interview.

Before his election to the union post in March, Foxworth, 29, had become the youngest vice president of the NFLPA Executive Committee in 2008 a year after being selected as the Broncos' player representative.

Foxworth would be able to remain as president until 2014 despite retirement, according to the Baltimore Sun. He succeeded former offensive lineman Kevin Mawae, who last played in 2009.

Foxworth was cut by the Ravens in March after missing 2010 with a torn ACL and playing in only two games last season.

EddieMac
05-18-2012, 09:10 AM
He wasn't that great of a corner but he was the only player, when I was at a game, that stopped on his way in and signed everything that he was asked to and took some time to visit everyone. so good luck to him in his life beyond football if he chooses to retire.

flosstein
05-18-2012, 09:38 AM
He wasn't that great of a corner but he was the only player, when I was at a game, that stopped on his way in and signed everything that he was asked to and took some time to visit everyone. so good luck to him in his life beyond football if he chooses to retire.

That's what it's all about. Regardless of how good he was or wasn't on the field, he was great with people. That was one of the reasons I hated when Shanny dumped him. He was such a "locker room" guy and was always blogging or writing articles for us fans. He was very gracious and respectful. I can see him taking over the NFLPA once they vote out Dee Smith. Either that or joining the media as he has a great knack for that.

Additionally that would leave only Hamza Abdullah as the last of our young DB's from the 2005 draft and off-season acquisitions that is still playing.

SBboundBRONCOS
05-18-2012, 10:40 AM
he was a good guy, i see him having a future with the players association which he was very involved in

xX-Bronco-Xx
05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I really liked the guy. Good luck to him.

InElwayWeTrust
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I always like him. Wasn't he one of the major ones that helped the CBA get settled? Maybe I'm wrong but I remember headin something about that.