PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] [Rockies] Rockies vs Mariners - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012 Series

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
The series versus the Seattle Mariners starts today!

Game times:

Friday, May 18th @ 6:40pm
Saturday, May 19th @ 2:10pm
Sunday, May 20th @ 1:10pm

Projected Starters:

White (0-2) vs Millwood (1-4)
Friedrich (1-0) vs Vargas (4-3)
Guthrie (2-1) vs Beavan (1-4)

Cinnamunmun told me we are going to sweep the series! So we better!

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

Blondie79
05-18-2012, 06:03 PM
great start rockies....not.

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Ya.

It'll be us who gets swept.

Blondie79
05-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Is it football season yet?!?!

Really sucks cause i always look forward to baseball season and the rockies.

CinnaMunMun
05-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe I should have predicted the rockies would be swept. They like proving me wrong.

Blondie79
05-18-2012, 06:29 PM
woohoooo a base runner!

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 06:46 PM
:yawn:

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Millwood is probably going to no-no us! Woo Hoo!

CoryWinget81
05-18-2012, 07:04 PM
You guys ready for 20 losses in the month of May?

Blondie79
05-18-2012, 07:17 PM
there goes the no no lol

Blondie79
05-18-2012, 07:19 PM
uhhhh... scutaro...

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
well my jinx worked woo hoo

Spitfire Riggz
05-18-2012, 07:21 PM
this is just sad

Broncoholic3233
05-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Lol.

Just like I told Cinny yesterday.....yesterday's loss was going to lead to a loss, and more than likely a sweep.

Pathetic.

Blondie79
05-18-2012, 08:17 PM
shut out at home by the mariners... yeah good going.. pathetic

Bronco51
05-18-2012, 08:21 PM
el.........oh........el

Kevin Freaking Millwood?! Isn't he Moyer's age? His first complete game shutout in a decade. Seriously, bring up the Sky Sox. And their manager.

CinnaMunMun
05-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeup, I hate this team sometimes.

I feel like the fan from Major League 2 that starts off all optimistic, then just slowly turns bitter, paints an X over his jersey, and just heckles the crap out of players.

Lost in a dominant fashion against a terrible team. Someone call Brad Pitt up and have him be the GM, Phillip Seymore Hoffman as the manager, and we will get Jonah Hill to be the sabermetrics expert.

Blondie79
05-19-2012, 01:59 PM
and it just gets worse.........

The Experience
05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
My god this team is god awful....

Blondie79
05-19-2012, 02:53 PM
My god this team is god awful....

yup :(

Horrible to watch

The Experience
05-19-2012, 02:57 PM
And the Monforts really feel good about the direction of the team?

Dumbasses, I wish the fans could fire them as owners

Blondie79
05-19-2012, 03:01 PM
As long as the $$$'s are coming in i dont think they care..

I hate the owners, tired of the coaching staff, and turning on the tv everyday to see us getting shut out at home whilst giving up a bucket of runs.. Pathetic

Oh yeah being shut out by some of the worst teams in baseball...

Blondie79
05-19-2012, 03:17 PM
wow Risario

BroncoFanBoy
05-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm starting to think we gave up on Tracy.

Blondie79
05-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm starting to think we gave up on Tracy.

Yea, im starting to feel like tracy is losing the locker room.

The Experience
05-19-2012, 06:49 PM
What a pathetic loss

CinnaMunMun
05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_louti0uWdn1ql9rg1.gif

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 10:18 AM
De La Rosa's rehab was put to a halt. His forearm tightness got worse after his last start. He will take 7 days off, possibly hit the DL, and then start another 30 days. Expect him back after the All-Star break.

Pomeranz threw a second straight scoreless outing in AAA, but he isn't quite ready to rejoin the team. They want him to fix a mechanical issue by making his arm slot a little higher. It should add more control to his fastball and curve. Expect him back before DLR.

Nolan Arenado is a candidate to move up to AAA, closing the gap to his big league debut. Also possibly moving up is Corey Dickerson (Modesto Nuts OF). Dickerson leads the minor league clubs in average (.357), RBI (35), HR (8), and OPS (1.064).

Esmil really looks on the way out according to Troy Renck. His stuff is there, but he can't locate it and he is tipping pitches. Rockies might try to designate for assignment, but he most likely will be snatched up by a team looking for a project. Trade value has also plummeted, which wasn't high before.

and that is all the news. :ugh:

The Experience
05-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Rex Brothers has been sent to AAA. It's about damn time!!

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Rex Brothers has been sent to AAA. It's about damn time!!

Rex will be great someday, he needs some time to fix it in AAA.

Glad we recalled Ottavino. Now if we can dump Esmil and call up Putnam I'll be hopeful of our bullpen...

The Experience
05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Rex will be great someday, he needs some time to fix it in AAA.

Glad we recalled Ottavino. Now if we can dump Esmil and call up Putnam I'll be hopeful of our bullpen...

For sure, he was great last year. But as soon as Apodaca gets a hold of these promising young pitchers crap hits the fan.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 12:54 PM
That's what we have to be excited about now Ottavio and Putnam...

Ugh.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Im about to leave this game in the 3rd inning.

Letting the crappiest team in the AL pretty much sweep you.

Sorry, but I told you Cinny. Smdh.

PATHETIC.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 01:02 PM
For sure, he was great last year. But as soon as Apodaca gets a hold of these promising young pitchers crap hits the fan.

Yea, because Brothers wasn't coached by Apodaca last year. :rolleyes:

Or are you actually blaming the fact that players not having the same success against AAA players on Apodaca and not the fact that they are now playing against major leaguers?

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Im about to leave this game in the 3rd inning.

Letting the crappiest team in the AL pretty much sweep you.

Sorry, but I told you Cinny. Smdh.

PATHETIC.

Yep, you jinxed us. ;)

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 01:09 PM
If only it were a jinx. I've just seen it so many times. Have a bad loss like the AZ one and we collapse for the next few series.

It'd help if we had some players worth a damn. CarGo is the only player you can count on.

So sick of this team. And it's mid may. Wow.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Yea, because Brothers wasn't coached by Apodaca last year. :rolleyes:

Or are you actually blaming the fact that players not having the same success against AAA players on Apodaca and not the fact that they are now playing against major leaguers?

I don't get why you constantly defend the awful Apodaca

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Even Drew is making fun of the Rockies a bit. "Ties a major league record.....3 outs in an inning!"

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't get why you constantly defend the awful Apodaca

Because hating on him is a knee-jerk reaction about someone that isn't a problem.

Don't worry, you will get your wish. He will be fired before the season ends as the scapegoat (possibly even leading to Tracy and O'Dowd). You will also see absolutely no change in the pitchers.

If there is anyone to blame for the pitching, it is O'Dowd for being completely incompetent at finding a good pitcher.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Because hating on him is a knee-jerk reaction about someone that isn't a problem.

Don't worry, you will get your wish. He will be fired before the season ends as the scapegoat (possibly even leading to Tracy and O'Dowd). You will also see absolutely no change in the pitchers.

If there is anyone to blame for the pitching, it is O'Dowd for being completely incompetent at finding a good pitcher.
To say he isn't "a" problem isn't smart IMO. Of course he is not "the" problem, but he is one. Along with Tracy, O'dud and especially the Monforts.

Apodaca is awful, it's fairly obvious and it is not a knee jerk reaction because he has been awful all but 2 years he has been here.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 02:01 PM
To say he isn't "a" problem isn't smart IMO. Of course he is not "the" problem, but he is one. Along with Tracy, O'dud and especially the Monforts.

Apodaca is awful, it's fairly obvious and it is not a knee jerk reaction because he has been awful all but 2 years he has been here.

It is a knee-jerk reaction and I've already explained it before ad nauseam.

I'll patiently wait until 3 years from now when we have another pitching coach, and still crappy pitching, and another pitching coach.....You still will be clamoring that the pitching coaches suck, blah blah blah.

One day maybe you will take the shades off and realize that the talent sucks. We have had 1 pitcher ever be considered an actual MLB ace. 1 in the entire history of the ballclub.

You can look at every other team in the division alone and find multiple legit aces they have had in the past 5-6 years, let alone 19. We have been chugging along with our little helicopter hats, fooling ourselves that guys like Jeff Francis and Aaron Cook can be a legit #1 pitcher.

There isn't a ballclub with a less talented rotation than what we have. There probably isn't a ballclub who has a history of worse talent than we do. The one time the Rockies ever tried to get a legit ace (Mike Hampton) it blew up in their face and they have cowered in the corner since.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I disagree. I see a lot of young talent that we can't or have yet to get right.

Pomeranz
White
Friedrich
Nicasio
Chacin

Brothers
Rogers

Just off the top of my head. Lots of talent right there. Now we need to make them into more.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Pomeranz
White
Friedrich
Nicasio
Chacin

Brothers
Rogers

Just off the top of my head. Lots of talent right there. Now we need to make them into more.

Friedrich, Pom, White, Nicasio, and Brothers have all been with the team less than two years, most less than one. Blaming Apodaca for not turning them into amazing pitchers in their rookie seasons is not fair.

and yea, they all have talent, but only two pitchers you listed were ever projected to reach #1/2 status. Pomeranz and Chacin. Nicasio was bumped from AA because of injuries and fastball command, despite having junk breaking pitches. White was projected as a #3 at best, most viewing him as a 4/5 or relief pitcher. Friedrich was close to being trade bait before he finally lit a fire under his butt. Brothers will be good, but he is still raw and was called up last year during mostly garbage time.

Rogers isn't good and I have no clue why people love him so much. We have had multiple pitchers who were exactly like him, failed, and latched on to other teams for 1-2 more years before falling into ambiguity. Manuel Corpas, Franklin Morales, and Juan Morillo. All had more raw talent than 90% of the majors, all couldn't put it together for any team. Corpas has bounced around a couple of teams, Morales is a middle reliever now, and Morillo is out of baseball.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 02:38 PM
C'mon now...Nicasio is our best pitcher right now. There is plenty of talent there. Definitely had the ability to become an Ace.

I never said they had to be aces. White has plenty of talent and being a 3 isn't bad at all.

And really? Esmil is loaded with talent. 97 fastball and a wicked slider. He needs someone to help him make it consistent.

I didn't blame it on apodaca. But to say he doesn't have talent is way off in my book.

Those 7 I mentioned....4 of them could become aces. And 2 could be great bullpen guys. Plenty of talent, no production this year really.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 02:42 PM

Pomeranz
White
Friedrich
Nicasio
Chacin

Brothers
Rogers

Not to mention, Rockies love off the table, would you take those guys over any other club in our division?

Arizona has great young talent, Giants have terrific middle aged talent, Dodgers have great mixed aged pitching, and the only one I would probably say no to is the Padres.

If they still had Latos, I would take him, Bass, Stauffer, Leubke, and Joe Wieland over our guys.

Blondie79
05-20-2012, 02:43 PM
The blame needs to go on every single member of the coaching staff, this team is flat out awful in so many ways..

There is talent on this team, weather it be in outfield or on the mound, but the current system/staff is not getting the best out those players - so obviously something is wrong.

At this point i believe Tracy has lost his locker room - problem is the owners dont care as long as the $$$ are coming in, so the blame has to start there.. O dowd is an idiot ..

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 02:52 PM
C'mon now...Nicasio is our best pitcher right now. There is plenty of talent there. Definitely had the ability to become an Ace.

I never said they had to be aces. White has plenty of talent and being a 3 isn't bad at all.

And really? Esmil is loaded with talent. 97 fastball and a wicked slider. He needs someone to help him make it consistent.

I didn't blame it on apodaca. But to say he doesn't have talent is way off in my book.

Those 7 I mentioned....4 of them could become aces. And 2 could be great bullpen guys. Plenty of talent, no production this year really.

Every team in the majors has talent like that. I'm talking about productive talent.

Nicasio has that, but was rushed and will show it. He is the only one showing that he can turn talent into production.

Pomeranz could be that, but he is young and needs work. Our top prospect, but that is all he is, a prospect.

White isn't a decent pitcher, hasn't shown he can be one, and raised questions in Cleveland if he could ever be one. He is Aaron Cook 2.0 with a hard sinker/slider.

Esmil is garbage. There, I said it. Garbage. Morillo had a 100+ mph fastball and a wicked slider, yet no team even wants to touch him. Every pitcher will have mechanical issues, but Esmil ranges from MLB mechanics to almost pop warner "here comes my fastball" mechanics. Doesn't matter how fast you can throw it, if you can't hide it and throw it for a strike you aren't going to make it.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Not to mention, Rockies love off the table, would you take those guys over any other club in our division?

Arizona has great young talent, Giants have terrific middle aged talent, Dodgers have great mixed aged pitching, and the only one I would probably say no to is the Padres.

If they still had Latos, I would take him, Bass, Stauffer, Leubke, and Joe Wieland over our guys.

Half the reason those staffs are successful is because of where they pitch. Some top pitching parks in the game.

So yes, I'm very content with our young talent I mentioned. Now....the coaches have to get the best out of them. They haven't done that with this team. Not even close.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I think my point is coming off wrong.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:02 PM

Because all of those teams are run well unlike the rockies.

They would have canned Apodaca years ago....

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm not arguing we don't have young talented prospects. We do have them.

However in the now, we don't. Our young guys are getting trials by fire. O'Dowd had 4 pitching spots to fill, and he simply threw a bunch of prospects at it, hoping to fill them.

It won't help the team in the short term and it could harm their development. I feel blaming coaches for what I feel is ultimately O'Dowd's blunder is unfair.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Dauer might be the worst coach on the team though.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Because all of those teams are run well unlike the rockies.

They would have canned Apodaca years ago....

They all have better GM's, yes.

Claiming they would have canned Apodaca is conjecture. He doesn't have a pitching staff to coach, he has a farm system to develop, and he is asked to do it by yesterday.

Blondie79
05-20-2012, 03:06 PM
almnost a dp for tulo what were the chances?? cargo saved him..

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Good job mr double play got bailed out by a bad throw. Smh.

As Unclutch as Unclutch can get right now.

Blondie79
05-20-2012, 03:07 PM
why do we leave it so damm late .........

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:08 PM
They all have better GM's, yes.

Claiming they would have canned Apodaca is conjecture. He doesn't have a pitching staff to coach, he has a farm system to develop, and he is asked to do it by yesterday.

So you think Apodcaca is a good pitching coach?

Blondie79
05-20-2012, 03:09 PM
swept by seattle at home haha now it really is pathetic..

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Helton needs to retire

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 03:11 PM
HAHAHA

No. No he doesn't.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:12 PM
HAHAHA

No. No he doesn't.

Dude, he has been awful this month and wasn't great in april. He was a great great player, but his time has come.

Blondie79
05-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Helton needs to retire

say what? dont agree with that at all.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 03:13 PM
So you think Apodcaca is a good pitching coach?

No, I think he is average. I'm just of the mindset that we need to find better wallpaper before ripping the wall down, lest we have a hole in the kitchen.

Blondie79
05-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Dude, he has been awful this month and wasn't great in april. He was a great great player, but his time has come.

The WHOLE team has been awful pretty much - when the teams down everyone is down.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:14 PM
The WHOLE team has been awful pretty much - when the teams down everyone is down.

Your damn right about that, I'm not calling Helton out at all. But I just think it's time for him to retire.

He is striking out way too much

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:15 PM
What a pathetic team. I can see our dumb ass manager's PC right now.

"we just have to wait and it will all come together." Anybody else sick of Tracy's overly positive and wait and see attitude?

CoryWinget81
05-20-2012, 03:16 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/236/809/956.png

CoryWinget81
05-20-2012, 03:17 PM
At least I had good seats yesterday...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576555_10150802330011881_619751880_9853914_1516613 919_n.jpg

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:24 PM
There Tracy goes praising the team in another horrible loss, fire this clown

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Dude. Helton has 21 RBI's. How would we be better without him?

He has more than that SS we have hitting cleanup. He has the 3rd most RBIs on that team.

Sure his average sucks no denying that. But it's not his time.

The Experience
05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Dude. Helton has 21 RBI's. How would we be better without him?

He has more than that SS we have hitting cleanup. He has the 3rd most RBIs on that team.

Sure his average sucks no denying that. But it's not his time.
I'm not saying that we would be better off at this point because we have nobody to take his place. I just think he should retire at the end of the year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy: "every team will go through a rut like we are going through right now."

No, every team goes throughs rough patches but good teams don't consistently lose to awful teams. God Tracy is an idiot

CoryWinget81
05-20-2012, 03:31 PM
http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120519&content_id=31722940&notebook_id=31726270&vkey=notebook_col&c_id=col

And now DLR is having a setback.

What a waste of a season. I think Saturday is the first time I ever stood up, booed, and left.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Winning is contagious, so is success. We start stringing together some wins, guys can start relaxing and doing what they do best.

Helton will be back. He is healthy, he has just been pressing too much. Same goes for Tulo. I think Tulo is trying to carry the team instead of contributing to their success. He needs to take a leaf from CarGo and just worry about #2, not the guys around him.

Broncoholic3233
05-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I now pretty much solely watch for CarGo.

Feel bad saying that because I bleed black and purple if you can't tell....but I can't stand this organization now.

I've seen six losses in person already this season. :brick:

Atwnbroncfan
05-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't even know what to say about this series.

BroncoFanBoy
05-20-2012, 08:57 PM
How on EARTH does the Monforts think we will be a world series contender with O'Dowd as our GM? That dude has to go. He obviously does not understand baseball. Let me be GM. I'll fix this team.

CinnaMunMun
05-20-2012, 10:58 PM
How on EARTH does the Monforts think we will be a world series contender with O'Dowd as our GM? That dude has to go. He obviously does not understand baseball. Let me be GM. I'll fix this team.

I would vote for you, but I still think Brad Pitt would be good. :laugh:

BroncoFanBoy
05-21-2012, 01:59 AM
I would vote for you, but I still think Brad Pitt would be good. :laugh:

He's a better GM than Billy Beane!

Bronco51
05-21-2012, 08:52 AM
If somebody is not on the hot seat after a beat down at home by the Mariners, this team is destined to lose 100 games. At least say you're considering changes and I might be a little happier. But to say there will be no moves, and for your manager to say we need to be patient........really? I don't remember getting a jar of lube with my season tickets. Come on Monfort's, wake up. The second worst start ever (right behind the EXPANSION year of 93). That screams that a change needs to be made.

Anikai
05-22-2012, 09:27 PM
One of the most embarrassing moments in Rockies history right here..