PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe Signed

Broncoholic3233
05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Has agreed to terms with the team on a four-year, $5.2 million contract.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/05/21/derek-wolfe-agrees-terms-4year-deal-waits/13513/

Broncoholic3233
05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Derek Wolfe, the first player the Broncos selected in the NFL draft last month, has agreed to terms with the team on a four-year, $5.2 million contract.

There are $3.2 million worth of guarantees in the deal.

“”It’s a relief to get it done,” Wolfe said.

One issue finished; one more to go.

A defensive tackle from Cincinnati, Wolfe was selected with the No. 36 overall pick in the second round. He did not participate in the Broncos OTA (organized team activity) workout Monday because rules say his college class must complete graduation. Wolfe played his college ball at the University of Cincinnati, which doesn’t graduate its 2012 class until June 9.

That means Wolfe will miss all three of the Broncos’ OTA sessions. He will be back in time to participate in the Broncos’ final offseason minicamp, June 12-14.

“”It’s frustrating because I want to be out there with my teammates,” Wolfe said from his home in Lisbon, Ohio. “”But it’s one of those things where it’s out of my control. I’ve been working out back here at home. I wish I was back there, believe me.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...l-waits/13513/

getlynched47
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I can't believe he's not working out in Denver. What a scrub.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111214064523/halo/images/d/dc/Troll_face.png

jaytea11
05-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Great news!! CP to you.

Pruke
05-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Glad to hear he's signed. Disappointed he's not at OTA's, but he's getting his degree - love that.

SBboundBRONCOS
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
good day for the guy! degree and a couple mill

flosstein
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Some of the rules are so friggin stupid. He can't be with the team because his school holds graduation late. That's so stupid. It gives guys that leave early and UDFA's more opportunities to be further along than the guy that was drafted to be "The Guy". All these dumb rules!

Hadez
05-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Some of the rules are so friggin stupid. He can't be with the team because his school holds graduation late. That's so stupid. It gives guys that leave early and UDFA's more opportunities to be further along than the guy that was drafted to be "The Guy". All these dumb rules!

Yea I understand these rules and how the NFL wants to protect the players ability to graduate but this is a player's chosen profession while a degree is either a backup plan or after NFL plan.

It seems something else could be done...

Anyways glad we signed our top pick.

Oficially welcome to the Broncos Mr Wolfe. Here is to a long career of your terrorizing opposing offensive players as a Bronco

:beer:

Buckin' Bronco
05-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Way to go big man! Education should always be first and foremost, got to have a life after football. That's a pretty cap friendly deal as well. Man I love the rookie wage scale. Nice to see young guys get paid appropriately and have to earn the big bucks.

flosstein
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Way to go big man! Education should always be first and foremost, got to have a life after football. That's a pretty cap friendly deal as well. Man I love the rookie wage scale. Nice to see young guys get paid appropriately and have to earn the big bucks.

That's not what's going on. He's done with his classes as most seniors are by now. He's just waiting on graduation. So it's not like he's actually doing and class work, he's home working out. That's a waste of time. I can see if they have credit obligations or something like that, but in this case it's stupid. Trust me I'm all for these guys getting the most of college, especially if they stay and finish, but in cases like this the rule proves to be stupid.

cmarquez
05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
he has agreed to terms, he hasnt signed YET

Denver Broncos ‏@Denver_Broncos
@JonHeath_BT The team has agreed to terms with Wolfe, but he has not officially signed.

BayAreaBronco
05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Denver_Broncos
The #Broncos have officially signed DT Derek Wolfe, the fourth 2012 draft pick to sign with the team.

orangecrushtime
05-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Everytime I see a new rookie signing I love the new rookie salary caps more!

BluenOrnge4Life
05-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Awesome. Can't wait to see him providing pass rush from the interior, and Von + Doom from the outside!