PDA

View Full Version : Endgame for Elway is owning the orange and blue

soloking
05-31-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/330175-endgame-for-elway-is-owning-the-orange-and-blue

08:24 AM ET 05.31 | John Elway has made quick work in under 18 months at the helm of the Broncos, from on-the-field improvements to the splash of signing Peyton Manning. Elway, who turns 52 on June 28, loves golf, travel and his personal life too much to grind until 65 as a football executive. However, he has had another ambition since late in his playing career. Elway wants to own an NFL team, preferably the Broncos. In December 2010, Bowlen discussed two options with Elway -- becoming an executive or a minority partner, but not both. If and when Elway succeeds at one, he would become the other -- either as a minority investor or a majority owner with a group, if and when Bowlen and his family determine their future with ownership of the Broncos.

InElwayWeTrust
05-31-2012, 10:37 AM
I would love nothing more than for John Elway to own the Broncos.

:goz:

InsaneBlaze23
05-31-2012, 10:40 AM
As long as he isn't also the VP and GM.

ERoyal248
05-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I've said for awhile eventually he will be the owner of the Broncos.

ERoyal248
05-31-2012, 11:29 AM
As long as he isn't also the VP and GM.

:laugh:

Why, ever since Elway has been GM/VP, he's made this football team MILES better since the mess McDaniels left him and the FO in.

dizzolve
05-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Couldn't be a better future

InsaneBlaze23
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM

Why, ever since Elway has been GM/VP, he's made this football team MILES better since the mess McDaniels left him and the FO in.

With Owner power, he'd might end up a Jerry Jones 2.0

getlynched47
05-31-2012, 11:44 AM
How many children does Bowlen have? I'd imagine that he'd want to keep ownership within the family.

LordTrychon
05-31-2012, 11:48 AM

He will probably get to a point where he needs help at some point, just like Bowlen had to step further away as he got older. He handed over a lot of power to Ellis. Now Elway has most of the power.

There is not any real difference between the power that Jerry Jones wields now versus what Elway wields now.

The difference is whether or not they are capable of running a franchise successfully. If Elway proves himself as a successful football mind at this level, there would be no difference to him being able to do it successfully as the owner. He has the final say on everything right now.

soloking
05-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I could see Elway and Manning co-owning the team.

one_bad_55
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
This is OLD news. He has wanted to be a part owner in the Broncos since the day he retired. It is interesting though that Bowlen is making him earn it. :D

jlhawkins9
06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Bowlen and his wife, Annabel, have five children, but the Broncos' owner said none has expressed "aspirations about running a football team."

Read more: Paige: Bowlen unshaken on vision for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12281980?stopRedirect=true#ixzz1wZ99tCmt
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Pruke
06-01-2012, 12:19 PM
No conflict of interest with his current role? Couldn't he make moves that ultimately devalue the team to a point where he could buy at an ideal price for him?

I want Elway to own them as well and doubt he would ever do that, but it seems like there's a little risk there - no?

Freyaka
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM

Couldn't agree more, Elways got more sense for scouting an how to run this team than any GM we've had in the past couple years. I'm all for him taking over whatever he feels like taking over at this point!

jaytea11
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM

I love John and everything he has done, but this was my first thought too.

broncolassiter
06-03-2012, 04:41 AM

Elway is to competitive for that to happen. He wants nothing more than to win! Bowlan has been grooming Elway to take over every sense he retired as the QB. VP is just another step in the process as was there days with the arena team.

Frenchy180
06-03-2012, 05:45 AM
I could see Elway and Manning co-owning the team.

I can't say I'd be disappointed if that came to fruition...

tnedator
06-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Where does the whole Kaiser first right of refusal play into a future ownership swap? Does Kaiser's right pass to his children? I know there was a court ruling that went in Bowlen's favor, related to his attempt to sell Elway a minority stake at or near the end of his career. However, didn't he win that primarily because the sale to Elway never took place?

350legend
06-03-2012, 11:42 AM
@ the end of the day it comes down to wining!! if all these chess moves hes made in the last 18 months are jackpots and brings wining seasons to MILE HIGH, and PB decides to venture off to something else or retire's completely, Elway would be @ the thrown in no time!!