PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] ESPN top players to build a franchise around. (Tulo makes #2)

DenverBlood
05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Not sure if anyone is tracking the ESPN blog right now of analysts picking players they would build a major league franchise around.

Tulo was #1 on the list in 2011 and despite a slow start to 2012 he still made #2 for 2012 only behind Matt Kemp.

Link here.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/12531franchisedraft/espn-franchise-player-draft

Sure Cargo will be on the list soon. A bit stunned he hasn't already.

DenverBlood
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
The Fans actually picked Cargo 10th one spot ahead of Tulo. So maybe sometimes the fans know a little more than the so called experts.

Broncoholic3233
05-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I'd take CarGo over Tulo in a heartbeat.

It's not even close. CarGo has all 5 tools. And he has down the consistency thing.

The Experience
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Agreed.

Cargo > Tulo

But we are very fortunate to have both on our roster. We need to win at least one championship with both of these guys on our roster. Doubtful with Dumb & Dumber as owners though.

I think Dexter Fowler can be the #3 guy. He just needs to get his consistency down. But he is beginning to gain all 5 tools as well..

Broncoholic3233
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
ESPN has CarGo at 27? LOL. Morons.

No respect. None at all. What you get when you play for the Rockies and aren't named Tulo.

I'm sure MLB will try to snub him from the all-star game again this year.

DenverBlood
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
ESPN has CarGo at 27? LOL. Morons.

No respect. None at all. What you get when you play for the Rockies and aren't named Tulo.

I'm sure MLB will try to snub him from the all-star game again this year.

No way should he get snubbed. But also it's not no respect. Just not enough respect.

The article from reviewing last years list said he was struggling fielding this year. Called him the worst out fielder actually. I'm too busy being stunned by his offensive production lately. But you guys know better than me. Why would they be rating him the worst outfielder? I was under the impression he was one of the best. That is clearly why they have him so far down the list.

But also notice he gets plenty of respect from the fans as they have him 1 spot ahead of Tulo.

Now if we could only find a pitcher to go on this list. :confused:

Broncoholic3233
05-31-2012, 12:37 PM
No way should he get snubbed. But also it's not no respect. Just not enough respect.

The article from reviewing last years list said he was struggling fielding this year. Called him the worst out fielder actually. I'm too busy being stunned by his offensive production lately. But you guys know better than me. Why would they be rating him the worst outfielder? I was under the impression he was one of the best. That is clearly why they have him so far down the list.

But also notice he gets plenty of respect from the fans as they have him 1 spot ahead of Tulo.

Now if we could only find a pitcher to go on this list. :confused:

Worst outfielder out of who?

He is definitely one of the best in the game. He got an error for losing a ball in the sun, he was completely blinded, had no chance. Not his fault, but it is what it is.

Forgot the other one.

DenverBlood
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Worst outfielder out of who?

He is definitely one of the best in the game. He got an error for losing a ball in the sun, he was completely blinded, had no chance. Not his fault, but it is what it is.

Forgot the other one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/24975/24975

Not my opinion. Just his. He said he has the worst defensive metrics in all of MLB.

Broncoholic3233
05-31-2012, 01:24 PM

Not my opinion. Just his. He said he has the worst defensive metrics in all of MLB.

Yeah, dude is a complete moron.

CarGo has 2 errors this season. One like I said, was no fault of his own.

GianCarlo Stanton has 5 errors this season. So, that right there proves that moron wrong.

And how can an outfielder be responsible for not saving 12 runs? He's a freaking outfielder, what do they expect him to do, throw guys out at the plate every game? He makes hard catches look easy. He makes ridiculous diving catches. He's been more safe this year around the walls, because of his injuries last year that involved walls. But still, he's easily a top defensive OF'er in the game.

Just another reason, why the 4 letter network, sucks.

Atwnbroncfan
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Good news is we get to build around both.

Broncoholic3233
05-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Good news is we get to build around both.

Yup.

Now will we? Who knows.

We have an anchor in the infield and outfield. A great thing to have.

Then a young, promising anchor behind the plate as well, in Rosario.

Now pitching? Who will anchor our staff? DLR? Pomeranz? Friedrich?

DenverBlood
05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, dude is a complete moron.

CarGo has 2 errors this season. One like I said, was no fault of his own.

GianCarlo Stanton has 5 errors this season. So, that right there proves that moron wrong.

And how can an outfielder be responsible for not saving 12 runs? He's a freaking outfielder, what do they expect him to do, throw guys out at the plate every game? He makes hard catches look easy. He makes ridiculous diving catches. He's been more safe this year around the walls, because of his injuries last year that involved walls. But still, he's easily a top defensive OF'er in the game.

Just another reason, why the 4 letter network, sucks.

I agree with all of that. It's a bit of a harsh judgement. I personally think Cargo should easily be in the top 10.

The Experience
05-31-2012, 01:46 PM

This dude also has Josh Johnson, Jon Lester and Tim Lincecum ahead of Verlander. He is an idiot Verlander is by far the best pitcher in baseball... No one even comes close.

DenverBlood
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM
This dude also has Josh Johnson, Jon Lester and Tim Lincecum ahead of Verlander. He is an idiot Verlander is by far the best pitcher in baseball... No one even comes close.

No one will build a franchise around Verlander at his age. The article is based on the idea of the player being around for at least 10 years.

Though I agree those players shouldn't be ahead of him. Except maybe Josh Johnson.

Also just realized Verlander isn't nearly as old as I thought he was.

Broncoholic3233
05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
My top 5 would go....

1. CarGo
2. Tulo
3. Longoria
4. Votto
5. Kemp

2 Rockies top 2...so yeah...prob some bias for sure....but honestly, that's my list....unless i'm forgetting someone...but off of the top of my head :shrug:

The Experience
05-31-2012, 02:28 PM
No one will build a franchise around Verlander at his age. The article is based on the idea of the player being around for at least 10 years.

Though I agree those players shouldn't be ahead of him. Except maybe Josh Johnson.

Also just realized Verlander isn't nearly as old as I thought he was.

He is only 29. The shelf life of an MLB player is much longer than most sports. JJ can never stay healthy I will take Verlander everyday over him.

The only other 2 guys on the planet you could justify taking ahead of Verlander to start a franchise is Stephen Strasburg and Aroldis Chapman