PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Rockies @ Diamondbacks - 6/4/2012 to 6/6/2012 Series

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 03:07 PM
The series versus the Arizona Diamondbacks starts tonight.

Game Times:

Monday, June 4th @ 6:40pm
Tuesday, June 5th @ 6:40pm
Wednesday, June 6th @ 6:40pm

Projected Starters:

Friedrich (3-1) vs Saunders (3-3)
Guthrie (3-3) vs Kennedy (4-5)
Outman (0-1) vs Miley (6-2)

Let's keep on rolling boys! GO ROCKIES!!!

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Fowler 8
Scutaro 6
CarGo 7
Cuddyer 9
Helton 3
Pacheco 5
Rosario 2
LeMahieu 4
Friedrich 1

DenverBlood
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Go Rox!! Keep up the momentum.

By the way anyone know who the Rox are targeting in the draft tonight? Or who you want us to take?
I saw we get 10th pick. Hopefully a good pitching prospect.

BroncoFanBoy
06-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Go Rox!! Keep up the momentum.

By the way anyone know who the Rox are targeting in the draft tonight? Or who you want us to take?
I saw we get 10th pick. Hopefully a good pitching prospect.

We want Max Fried or Michael Wacha. (At least, it's who I want)

If Appel drops, we need to take him. Shocked the Astros didn't take him.

BroncoFanBoy
06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Fried's a Padre and Appel's a Pirate... :sad:

BroncoFanBoy
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
We're on the clock! Wacha please!

BroncoFanBoy
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
We have a great staff! Outfield is our biggest need!!!!

/sarcasm

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Fowler baby!!

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Fowler what a beast

DenverBlood
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Fowler what a beast

And people in the draft thread were hating on him. He has been huge lately. The guy we always thought he could be.

CinnaMunMun
06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Scouting report on David Dahl (summary):

Hit: Excellent feel of the strike zone, bat stays in the zone a long time, and can hit both fastballs and breaking pitches. Uses the whole field well.
Power: Expected to hit about 20-25 when he reaches the majors. Nothing amazing right now, but it can get to above average.
Arm: Great arm clocked at 95 mph. Can be inconsistent, but that is due to mechanics. Once fixed, he will have a plus arm that will be good from all 3 OF spots.
Fielding: Good instincts for his age, makes good breaks on balls. Can play center, but projects to corner OF when he bulks up where he should be a plus player.
Speed: Pretty good. Nothing amazing, but he can steal a good chunk of bases and can use it to play CF. Something similar to Blackmon probably.

Kid projects to be a great 3-tool OF with potential to be a 5-tool. Scouts compare him to Andre Ethier or Colby Rasmus.

I think we should have had a pitcher, but at least this kid looks promising. Scouting Dept. is probably sick of failing at drafting good pitching.....

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 07:39 PM
LOVE baby bull

Blondie79
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
risario should be starting over hernandez imo when he returns, dude has been great

DenverBlood
06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
risario should be starting over hernandez imo when he returns, dude has been great

Which can only mean Tracey will most likely go with Hernandez.

Blondie79
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Which can only mean Tracey will most likely go with Hernandez.

lol prolly...

DenverBlood
06-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Great outing by Friedrich. Pen better hold it. Love the way the young staff is pitching lately. I know I originally rooted for Moyer but he probably should've been gone long ago.

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Hell of a game from Friedrich

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Good job Matty B

Broncoholic3233
06-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Great win!

Keep on rollin'!

Atwnbroncfan
06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
At the game in my Cargo jersey! Go Rox

DenverBlood
06-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Sure would be nice if Guthrie would live up to is reputation and quit walking people.

DenverBlood
06-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Ugh. Guthrie is garbage. When are we going to pull the plug on him too? We have to wait for Jorge to come back?

Broncoholic3233
06-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Ugh. Guthrie is garbage. When are we going to pull the plug on him too? We have to wait for Jorge to come back?

Moyer is worse and u defended him.

Go Guthrie! Actually have faith in him to turn it around.

Broncoholic3233
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Ew. Not a fun game to watch.

BroncoFanBoy
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
So I heard we may bring Jeff Francis back. What do you guys think of that?

I actually wouldn't mind. I think he could be a decent #5 guy if he can make it back to the majors.

CinnaMunMun
06-06-2012, 01:09 AM

I actually wouldn't mind. I think he could be a decent #5 guy if he can make it back to the majors.

I'd like it, but I'm not sure if Francis would like his role. Once DLR gets back, we are looking at Guthrie/Friedrich/White/DLR/Nicasio (no particular order) and so really he would just be a rental. That said, I would take Francis over Moscoso 10/10 times.

On subject of today's game, Guthrie is probably the most frustrating of our pitchers this year. You know he has the stuff, he has had success before (against AL teams too!), and he just isn't playing like people are used to seeing.

His command is just off. He is on pace to walk about his normal average, but have about half of his normal strikeouts because he is serving strikes across the heart of the plate.

I think he will turn it around, but I'm an optimist. :laugh:

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Moyer is worse and u defended him.

Go Guthrie! Actually have faith in him to turn it around.

Lol Seriously? Moyer is not worse and I still gave up on him after about the 5th start. I said several times I made a mistake defending him and it was time to go.

Guthries ERA is an abysmal 6.35 and you still defend him? I'd love to hear which league you think 5.7 ERA is worse than 6.35.

In fact go ahead and pick a category other than average innings per outing and you are pretty much wrong about who's stats are better.

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Lol Seriously? Moyer is not worse and I still gave up on him after about the 5th start. I said several times I made a mistake defending him and it was time to go.

Guthries ERA is an abysmal 6.35 and you still defend him? I'd love to hear which league you think 5.7 ERA is worse than 6.35.

In fact go ahead and pick a category other than average innings per outing and you are pretty much wrong about who's stats are better.

Oh. Right. Because average innings means nothing. LOL

That's a huge stat. He's a work horse. He's been bad. I have faith in turning it around.

Plus stats don't tell the whole story. I watch every game. You don't. There is more to the game than stats. Lol.

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Absolutely not.

De La Rosa, Pomeranz, Nicasio, Chacin

All pitchers that will be back in the rotation.

Then you add....Friedrich, White, Guthrie

No room. He won't play AAA ball once guys return. No point.

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh. Right. Because average innings means nothing. LOL

That's a huge stat. He's a work horse. He's been bad. I have faith in turning it around.

Plus stats don't tell the whole story. I watch every game. You don't. There is more to the game than stats. Lol.

Lol you keep telling yourself that. And keep thinking you being able to watch the games means something.

You watch all the games and still know squat about the team or baseball. You keep excusing him over average innings acting like it does mean something. 6.35 is horrible. There is no excuse for him to still be in the majors or on this team. If he can work it out he needs to go down to the minors to figure it out.

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
One day you'll get over your arrogance and quit acting like I'm some fan of a rival team or something. Just because I can't get the games out here does not mean I don't follow every game or that I'm rooting against the Rockies.

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Lol you keep telling yourself that. And keep thinking you being able to watch the games means something.

You watch all the games and still know squat about the team or baseball. You keep excusing him over average innings acting like it does mean something. 6.35 is horrible. There is no excuse for him to still be in the majors or on this team. If he can work it out he needs to go down to the minors to figure it out.

Hahahaha. I know more about baseball than you can dream to know.

I actually bleed black and purple. You don't. Or you'd have MLB.tv and watch a game or two.

Mr defend a 49 yo who sucked, had 0 possibility of getting better on a terrible team who could hardly get past 5 innings half the time.

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Hahahaha. I know more about baseball than you can dream to know.

I actually bleed black and purple. You don't. Or you'd have MLB.tv and watch a game or two.

Mr defend a 49 yo who sucked, had 0 possibility of getting better on a terrible team who could hardly get past 5 innings half the time.
Lol you are always good for a quick laugh.

Pure opinion. I've watched baseball my entire life. You know nothing about me to base that on.

I've been black and purple since day 1. I was at the home opener in 93. I did have MLB.TV last year but I'm married and it cost money. You can be a die hard fan and still realize that somethings are higher priority. But you probably know nothing about that.

That 49 yo old is better than Guthrie in almost all categories.

And in case you can't do math Guthries average outing is 5.6 innings. So much for your theory about going 6 or more consistently.

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Lol you are always good for a quick laugh.

Pure opinion. I've watched baseball my entire life. You know nothing about me to base that on.

I've been black and purple since day 1. I was at the home opener in 93. I did have MLB.TV last year but I'm married and it cost money. You can be a die hard fan and still realize that somethings are higher priority. But you probably know nothing about that.

Oh yeah....no priorities here. Double majoring in school, internship....yet I still find time for my Rockies.

You are on Xbox all the time anyways, but you still pay for that over MLB.

And obviously you don't know about baseball if you think innings for a starter mean nothing. Lol.

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Another thing is you continue to be ingorant and ignore how many times I have said I gave up on defending Moyer. I don't know how many more times I can agree with you that it was good he was gone. Even just said the other day after Friedrichs outing that we probably wasted a lot of time on Moyer that could probably have been better spent developing the young guys. As you always said.

The difference between you and me is that you are completely unwilling or unable to admit when you are wrong about someone. And defending a guy with a 6.35 ERA proves that.

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Thing is Guthrie knows he's sucked, as do I.

He said he'd not be surprised if he doesn't make another start. He's gotta fix what's wrong. He's not the pitcher he was in the past. He's had issues that he can fix.

Moyer couldn't fix his stuff. 78 mph fastball lmao. Mike Staton breaking scoreboard because of his cupcakes.

Guthrie can still turn it around and pitch for us in the future. Moyer could not. Hence the reason Guthrie is still here. Moyer is not. Durrrrrrr.

Guthrie might be traded, we'll we see. He won't be straight up released like Moyer.

GO GUTHRIE

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah....no priorities here. Double majoring in school, internship....yet I still find time for my Rockies.

You are on Xbox all the time anyways, but you still pay for that over MLB.

And obviously you don't know about baseball if you think innings for a starter mean nothing. Lol.

First of all I'm not on Xbox all the time. Used to be but not this year. When I used to spend a ton of time on Xbox I was also paying for MLB.tv. And spending more time watching the Rockies than playing games. This year I don't have the time for either and therefore have not been doing much of either.

I still talk in the forums but I haven't bought a single game since baseball season started.

Yes innings for a starter do mean something but only quality innings. Going 6 innings and allowing 5-6 runs means squat.

Atwnbroncfan
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
This thread went downhill fast. And when the Rockies are playing pretty good.

The Experience
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Moyer just sucked.

Guthrie's biggest problem right now is his control. IMO that is more of an indictment on Apodaca as an awful pitching coach than Guthrie as a pitcher. That of course does not excuse Guthrie in any way. When guys who are known as consistent strike throwers (like Guthrie) are really struggling with their control and walking too many I look at 2 things.

1. Is there an injury

2. The pitching coach

It is the pitching coach's job to fix pitchers and make sure their delivery is good and that they are able to throw strikes. Apodaca has failed miserably this season and 8 of his 10 years here. It is time for him to go.

I have faith Guthrie will turn it around. But if he doesn't the Pen may be his future.

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Moyer just sucked.

Guthrie's biggest problem right now is his control. IMO that is more of an indictment on Apodaca as an awful pitching coach than Guthrie as a pitcher. That of course does not excuse Guthrie in any way. When guys who are known as consistent strike throwers (like Guthrie) are really struggling with their control and walking too many I look at 2 things.

1. Is there an injury

2. The pitching coach

It is the pitching coach's job to fix pitchers and make sure their delivery is good and that they are able to throw strikes. Apodaca has failed miserably this season and 8 of his 10 years here. It is time for him to go.

I have faith Guthrie will turn it around. But if he doesn't the Pen may be his future.

I don't have any problem placing some of the blame elsewhere as it is probably deserved.

I'm not sure if Guthrie is injured or not but that is why I mentioned possibly a visit to the minors instead of releasing him like Moyer.

I may sometimes be stubborn and defend something just to be right. However I'm not so dumb to believe that an injury or mechanics issue with Guthrie can't be fixed. I just think the minors may be the better place to fix it like with Chacin. Instead of giving up 7 runs in under 4 innings just hoping he will find his rythm again.

Atwnbroncfan
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
I don't have any problem placing some of the blame elsewhere as it is probably deserved.

I'm not sure if Guthrie is injured or not but that is why I mentioned possibly a visit to the minors instead of releasing him like Moyer.

I may sometimes be stubborn and defend something just to be right. However I'm not so dumb to believe that an injury or mechanics issue with Guthrie can't be fixed. I just think the minors may be the better place to fix it like with Chacin. Instead of giving up 7 runs in under 4 innings just hoping he will find his rythm again.

You can't send a veteran like Guthrie to the minors. Their contracts don't allow it. Best you can do is designate him for assignment, then he goes through waivers. If he clears waivers you can place him in your system. But 9 times out of 10 veterans like guthrie are released before they see the minors.

DenverBlood
06-06-2012, 01:46 PM
You can't send a veteran like Guthrie to the minors. Their contracts don't allow it.

Somehow in the back of my mind I knew that. He still needs to figure it out somewhere else than on the mound for the Rockies.

The Experience
06-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Somehow in the back of my mind I knew that. He still needs to figure it out somewhere else than on the mound for the Rockies.

I think a visit to the bullpen is the best option right now. We won't DFA him because he is making close to 8 mil this year

CinnaMunMun
06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Moyer just sucked.

1. Is there an injury

2. The pitching coach

Yet another Apodaca post. Guthrie has actually had a year almost mirroring this one in 09. The only number that is different is his strikeouts.

The guy is throwing strikes, he is just throwing up in the zone.

The Experience
06-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Yet another Apodaca post. Guthrie has actually had a year almost mirroring this one in 09. The only number that is different is his strikeouts.

The guy is throwing strikes, he is just throwing up in the zone.
I really don't understand why you continue to defend Apodcaca. He is TERRIBLE. Always has been

BroncoFanBoy
06-06-2012, 03:02 PM
In other news, Jamie Moyer has signed with the Baltimore Orioles. LINK (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-agree-to-minorleague-deal-with-lhp-jamie-moyer-20120606,0,4641518.story)

CinnaMunMun
06-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I really don't understand why you continue to defend Apodcaca. He is TERRIBLE. Always has been

Underdog thing maybe :laugh:

CinnaMunMun
06-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Tracy Ringolsby says Francis and the Rockies have agreed to a deal.

If true he would start Saturday vs the Angels

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Lol what a waste of money

Unless they don't plan on brining back any of our pitchers soon

BroncoFanBoy
06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I'll be shocked if we don't bring Francis back.

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I'll be shocked if we don't bring Francis back.

Explain the need for him please, assuming that's why you'd be shocked.

The Experience
06-06-2012, 05:50 PM
This club continues to show they have the worst FO in baseball.

We just got rid of one washed up soft tossing left hander for another. Didn't we get rid of Moyer to get the young arms some starts????

dumb..... Fire O'dud

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 05:57 PM
This club continues to show they have the worst FO in baseball.

We just got rid of one washed up soft tossing left hander for another. Didn't we get rid of Moyer to get the young arms some starts????

dumb..... Fire O'dud

Makes zero sense to me too. Unless its about as cheap as possible, and he's gone within 3-4 weeks unless he is phenomenal in that stretch.

We are actually pretty stacked, not in terms of extreme talent, but in terms of pitching we need to at least give shots too.

Right now in the bigs:

-Guthrie - will he stay or be traded?
-Friedrich - our best pitcher right now
-White - improving every game it seems

On IR/in minors:

-Nicasio
-DLR
-Pomeranz
-Chacin

That's 7 pitchers right there. There really is no room for Francis, unless like I said, unless most of the pitchers are being pushed back further and further from their returns.

Better be a cheap ass contract is all I'm gonna say....and frankly....I'm not excited about it at all.

The Experience
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Makes zero sense to me too. Unless its about as cheap as possible, and he's gone within 3-4 weeks unless he is phenomenal in that stretch.

We are actually pretty stacked, not in terms of extreme talent, but in terms of pitching we need to at least give shots too.

Right now in the bigs:

-Guthrie - will he stay or be traded?
-Friedrich - our best pitcher right now
-White - improving every game it seems

On IR/in minors:

-Nicasio
-DLR
-Pomeranz
-Chacin

That's 7 pitchers right there. There really is no room for Francis, unless like I said, unless most of the pitchers are being pushed back further and further from their returns.

Better be a cheap ass contract is all I'm gonna say....and frankly....I'm not excited about it at all.
The guy couldn't even make a major league roster this year. The Rockies always aim so high.....

Broncoholic3233
06-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Lmao @ Upton getting benched.

But people claim he's better than CarGo......hahahaha

Atwnbroncfan
06-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Lmao @ Upton getting benched.

But people claim he's better than CarGo......hahahaha

The owner down here is going crazy. Also called out injured Stephen Drew.

The Experience
06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Our pitching just sucks.

When our offense is rolling, we can win some games. When it struggles we have no chance.

Broncoholic3233
06-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah, our pitching sucks, and we add another bum of a pitcher.

Yay. Not looking forward to Saturdays game. We have a chance if on Friday if White pitches like he did last time out, and definitely on Sunday, hopefully Friedrich has got his coors jitters out from the last two times.