PDA

View Full Version : Former Broncos/Bengals LB Nate Webster was sentenced today

soloking
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Bengals LB Nate Webster was sentenced today to 12 years in prison for having sex with an underaged girl. Facts speak for themselves.

Bootleg
06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I remember when someone on here said they found his helmet at the scene of the crime:laugh: That was a classic.

getlynched47
06-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I couldn't stand Nate Webster when he would have convulsions and lose his helmet after every freakin tackle he made.

Bootleg
06-06-2012, 10:37 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2012/06/06/websterx-inset-community.jpg

Shouldn't have done it, Nate.

350legend
06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Wow! A damn shame!! When are these players gonna wake up!! SMH!!!

Peerless
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
12 years? Ouch.

bronx_2003
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
12 YEARS !!!!!!!

Thats ridiculous.

I'm not condoning what he did but it wasn't THAT bad.

I didn't really know about this so I just googled it and these were the main points.

They started having sex when she was 15, the legal age is 16. It was consensual.

He panicked and threatened her if she told people....... this was wrong.

It just seems wayyyyy to harsh. Maybe 2-4 years in jail ? The courts need to show common sense.

I know technically she was under age but what if her birthday was 7-10 days after they started. Would that be COMPLETELY legal.

If the girl was 11,12,13 I would have no sympathy. If it was rape it would be one of the most awful crimes and 12 years would not be enough, but it wasn't, and to rob a man for 12 years of his life for something so petty IMO is ridiculous.

I hope 12 years is superficial and he's out in 3-4 years, strange that he was offered 4 years in a plea deal but did not take it, believing he could get less or get away with it. How do they go from offering 4 years to giving him 12 ?

Like I say, I don't know all the facts so if the reports I read have left things out then thats different.

There was a local football, or soccer, player here who got jailed for 2 years for a similar thing. The girl told him she was 16.................. as some young women do.

jonathanrivers
06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
12 YEARS !!!!!!!

Thats ridiculous.

I'm not condoning what he did but it wasn't THAT bad.

I didn't really know about this so I just googled it and these were the main points.

They started having sex when she was 15, the legal age is 16. It was consensual.

He panicked and threatened her if she told people....... this was wrong.

It just seems wayyyyy to harsh. Maybe 2-4 years in jail ? The courts need to show common sense.

I know technically she was under age but what if her birthday was 7-10 days after they started. Would that be COMPLETELY legal.

If the girl was 11,12,13 I would have no sympathy. If it was rape it would be one of the most awful crimes and 12 years would not be enough, but it wasn't, and to rob a man for 12 years of his life for something so petty IMO is ridiculous.

I hope 12 years is superficial and he's out in 3-4 years, strange that he was offered 4 years in a plea deal but did not take it, believing he could get less or get away with it. How do they go from offering 4 years to giving him 12 ?

Like I say, I don't know all the facts so if the reports I read have left things out then thats different.

There was a local football, or soccer, player here who got jailed for 2 years for a similar thing. The girl told him she was 16.................. as some young women do.

I agree with this. Statutory rape (i.e. consensual sex with someone only 1 year under the age of consent in this case) doesn't warrent 12 freaking years in prison.

There are 2nd degree murderers who get less than that. Ridiculous.

BroncoFanBoy
06-06-2012, 01:51 PM
The idiot deserves it.

MHS
06-06-2012, 02:09 PM
He deserves it, I don't care if it was consensual a 34 yr old having sex with a 15 yr old is wrong no matter what the law says.

Just wish courts would punish rapists, murders, child molesters to greater extremes like they did to Webster

Bootleg
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
How many years did Lawrence Taylor get?

http://rgifs.gifbin.com/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

ramanboy33
06-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Damn. He should have committed his crime here in Colorado where having sex with a 15 or 16 year old is only a class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to 18 months in jail.

Peyton&Eli_fan
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
The prosecution claimed that they had sex at gunpoint at least once. If true, no sympathy here. However, I don't believe there was enough evidence to convict on the gun charge.

Bernie24
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
that is ridiculous.

12 years my lord. poor guy.

bronx_2003
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Damn. He should have committed his crime here in Colorado where having sex with a 15 or 16 year old is only a class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to 18 months in jail.

That sounds much more reasonable and realistic. Maybe Ohio is just 'extreme' - I presume it was Ohio law ?

I hate how she is labelled a 'victim', complete BS.The reports said it was consensual. I see a lot of 15 YO girls here getting in the clubs, flirting and dressing cheap and lying about their age. Sometimes they get caught but often they are not.

A 'victim'. What a load of BS