PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] IF the Nuggets DID make a trade this offseason....

Cyrend
06-14-2012, 01:20 PM
In all likelihood, the Nuggets will go into next season with almost the exact same team as the last half of the season, going with Lawson-Afflalo-Gallo-Faried-McGee with Chandler most certainly taking over Al's role as 6th man.

But, say the Nuggets were looking to shake up the roster in a big way, possibly trading a few guys for an established star. They have a lot of good, young trade pieces and a lot of cap flexibility. Who would you want them to go get?

Orange Pants
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
I've always thought that if we were going to get a star player, he'd have to be from Denver, since that's the only way I see them staying. So I would say wait until a top prospect from Denver shows up, trade for him, and hope he's our messiah.

The Experience
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
First of all, there will be no big trade this year, I can damn near guarantee it. But since it's a "what if" thread I will play.

Realistically?

Josh Smith or Rudy Gay.

Smith fits our style of play perfectly, and would add some defensive presence and versatility. Like McGee, he doesn't have much discipline, but that can be coached. Having him, McGee and Faried in our front court would give us the most athletic group of bigs in the NBA. They would give half court teams nightmares and vastly improve our interior defense.

Rudy Gay is just a great all around player. Would help us in a myriad of ways.

Both can be had this offseason and are on the block.

Cyrend
06-17-2012, 06:41 PM
First of all, there will be no big trade this year, I can damn near guarantee it. But since it's a "what if" thread I will play.

Realistically?

Josh Smith or Rudy Gay.

Smith fits our style of play perfectly, and would add some defensive presence and versatility. Like McGee, he doesn't have much discipline, but that can be coached. Having him, McGee and Faried in our front court would give us the most athletic group of bigs in the NBA. They would give half court teams nightmares and vastly improve our interior defense.

Rudy Gay is just a great all around player. Would help us in a myriad of ways.

Both can be had this offseason and are on the block.

If something happened, I could see Rudy Gay. His contract over the next few years is scary though...

johnlimburg
06-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Rudy Gay is one of my favorite players in the NBA. I think that position is fine on our team. Hopefully Gallo, Chandler and Brewer work it well next season. They should and they all offer good offense from the 3 position. So I wouldn't want Rudy Gay or Josh Smith.

However in saying that I would love Al Jefferson. He was talked about as being on the block for the short off season entering the 2012 season. He would add the biggest thing our team is lacking right now. A post game. When the offense is failing there is nothing better then having a big man to dump it off into the post and let them go to work.

It is a question mark if Faried can ever get one and Mcgee is very awkward with the ball in hand. I would hope both improve in this area over the off season. However Jefferson would add this and also a very good mid range game. He can step away from the basket and make the defense stay honest. Faried doesn't. When he steps away he gets given a cushion cause he wont shoot. This creates more bodies in the paint. Jefferson would also open this area up for Ty Lawson to drive.

Go and get him with a combination of solid players. He is a 19-10 guy ever since he began starting in the league. He is only 27 and if we were willing to give Nene who was a lesser player the money we did last off season. Then I am sure giving Jefferson the same would be no problem. However with Lawson getting a big contract it would be tough to manage the cap unless we cleared some salary also with a trade.