PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Rockies vs. Tigers Series

The Experience
06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Game 1 Crosby vs. Francis

Game 2 Friedrich vs. Fister

Game 3 Guthrie vs. Scherzer

My 2 favorite teams. Should be a fun series.

Blondie79
06-15-2012, 05:01 PM
haha way to give up the lead again.... this team bites.

Blondie79
06-15-2012, 07:58 PM
oh well were fighting for the win!.. go rox!

another one for cargo!

Blondie79
06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
back to back!

CinnaMunMun
06-15-2012, 08:13 PM
See what happens starters? We get a decent performance and we win! :laugh:

Glad we don't have to face Verlander this series, should give the team a chance to be competitive.

BroncoFanBoy
06-15-2012, 09:45 PM
We need to play like that every day. We needed a win like that. Helps boot confidence.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Francis blows. Still only could go 5 1/3 and gave up 4 runs.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 01:20 AM
But....on the bright side....we still have CarGo to watch.

Call me crazy...but I was out with a ton of buddies tonight, and we all bleed black and purple...we went out to the bar for the Detroit game....but the majority.... 9 of 10 of us want to trade Tulo for a good pitcher, over CarGo.

Look....I like Tulo...and he plays a harder position...but CarGo is the better player, hands down. Tulo isn't worth the money at all. Injury prone and inconsistent and unclutch.

Hopefully we keep it going and sweep the Tigers. My roommate is a huge Tigers fan, so I do like the Tigers somewhat as they have worn on me for a few years, as I've watched a good amount of their games before the Rockies games start.

Atwnbroncfan
06-16-2012, 09:30 AM

Call me crazy...but I was out with a ton of buddies tonight, and we all bleed black and purple...we went out to the bar for the Detroit game....but the majority.... 9 of 10 of us want to trade Tulo for a good pitcher, over CarGo.

Look....I like Tulo...and he plays a harder position...but CarGo is the better player, hands down. Tulo isn't worth the money at all. Injury prone and inconsistent and unclutch.

Hopefully we keep it going and sweep the Tigers. My roommate is a huge Tigers fan, so I do like the Tigers somewhat as they have worn on me for a few years, as I've watched a good amount of their games before the Rockies games start.

You are all crazy trying to trade Tulo for a pitcher in COLORADO. Humidor or not a dominant pitcher in Colorado will not exist. Hard to call Cargo a better player. Cargo is an electric player but has had his own inconsistency and injury issues.

Rockies plan of action needs to be out muscle teams with decent to effective pitching. Last night is prime example other than Jeff not making it out of the 6th. If Rockies starters make it out of the 6th giving up 4 runs or less I'd feel comfortable we'd win it. As long as we go after a real closer. I like betancourt, but we are taking a top set up man out of his element.

We need to get back to the Blake Street Bombers days mentality.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh it's not even a question anymore dude.

CarGo got injured by running into walls trying to make plays. Tulo gets injuries running up the baseline.

CarGo isn't injury prone. Tulo has proven to be. This is his 7th time on the DL.

CarGo is a MUCH more consistent player also.

Anyways, this was a what if scenario. I forgot to add that. Someone at the table mentioned he thought we'd trade CarGo or Tulo for pitching. He said he hopes it's CarGo IF we do try to trade for pitching. The other 9 of us said we'd rather trade Tulo, hands down.

CinnaMunMun
06-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Francis blows. Still only could go 5 1/3 and gave up 4 runs.

He was charged with 4, but one should have been unearned with Ottavino walking two and having a wild pitch.

Cargo on the other hand is swinging at almost every single pitch and is in a slump with risp.

Trading Tulo would be silly imo. The guy is the best SS in baseball despite injuries. Guys like Barmes are easily able to find work because finding a Tulo or Rollins is extremely rare.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Hahahahahaha.

Way to teach discipline to your team, Tracy

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
He was charged with 4, but one should have been unearned with Ottavino walking two and having a wild pitch.

Cargo on the other hand is swinging at almost every single pitch and is in a slump with risp.

Trading Tulo would be silly imo. The guy is the best SS in baseball despite injuries. Guys like Barmes are easily able to find work because finding a Tulo or Rollins is extremely rare.

Batting over .380 with RISP is hardly a slump.

He's aggressive. Always has been. Pays off quite a bit.

The Experience
06-16-2012, 02:30 PM
This is why i hate Tracy. He killed Dexter's hot bat earlier, now he's killing Colvins to get Giambi ABs

Dumb

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 02:39 PM
I'll also add, even with how aggressive CarGo is.....he still walks about 10% of the time.

This year especially, he has learned more patience. He's learned to lay off a lot of pitches, that he'd use to chase.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Good job Cuddy.....ugh

The Experience
06-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm with BH,

If we are getting rid of one of the two, it would be Tulo.

That said I want to keep them both.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm with BH,

Absolutely.

It's a 'what if'. O'Dowd would prove to be stupider than he already is if he trades one of them.

But if he does, then I hope it's Tulo over CarGo. But we'd better keep both.

The Experience
06-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Absolutely.

It's a 'what if'. O'Dowd would prove to be stupider than he already is if he trades one of them.

But if he does, then I hope it's Tulo over CarGo. But we'd better keep both.
Which means he'll probably trade Cargo

Blondie79
06-16-2012, 03:05 PM
this team is so inconsistent - i mean yesterday hit a ton, today 4 hits thus far???

The Experience
06-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I have come to the conclusion that we are just the nost poorly coached team I have ever seen. In pretty much all facets of the game.

Broncoholic3233
06-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Just another day at the park for CarGo.

3 hit game when rest of team struggles he still gets it done.

CinnaMunMun
06-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm with BH,

Oh I agree too. To me though it is like asking which kneecap to shoot. :laugh:

CinnaMunMun
06-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Batting over .380 with RISP is hardly a slump.

He's aggressive. Always has been. Pays off quite a bit.

Is he hitting .380 with RISP in June? If so then I am mistaken.

However, he was hitting .286 coming into this series with 4 RBIs and 12 ks for June. We all love when he is aggressive and hitting, but when he slumps it is because he is doing the pitchers job for them.

Hopefully it was an aberration, but the guy contributed his fair share to the June skid.

CinnaMunMun
06-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Yea, CarGo was 2-11 with RISP for June coming into the series, 3-12 counting it. While that does suck, I think that shows the real problem however: guys aren't getting into position for our big hitters. When that happens, there is little CarGo can do besides either get on base or try and jack one.

Once Fowler heats back up and Scutaro continues what he is doing, I think CarGo's #s should get back to normal.

The Experience
06-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Yea, CarGo was 2-11 with RISP for June coming into the series, 3-12 counting it. While that does suck, I think that shows the real problem however: guys aren't getting into position for our big hitters. When that happens, there is little CarGo can do besides either get on base or try and jack one.

Once Fowler heats back up and Scutaro continues what he is doing, I think CarGo's #s should get back to normal.
Tracy just killed Fowler's hot bat. Now he's killing Colvin's.....

Tracy is killing this team right now.

CinnaMunMun
06-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Tracy just killed Fowler's hot bat. Now he's killing Colvin's.....

Tracy is killing this team right now.

How did he kill Fowlers? I do hate that Giambi is playing over Colvin as DH, but Fowler was slumping before he hit the bench.

The Experience
06-17-2012, 09:49 AM
How did he kill Fowlers? I do hate that Giambi is playing over Colvin as DH, but Fowler was slumping before he hit the bench.

He really wasn't slumping. Colvin got a hot bat and should have been starting at 1st base. If this team wants Fowler to be the CF of the future, they need to stick with him there. Period.

I love Todd, but right now Colvin is the best option at 1st base.

CinnaMunMun
06-17-2012, 10:05 AM
He really wasn't slumping. Colvin got a hot bat and should have been starting at 1st base. If this team wants Fowler to be the CF of the future, they need to stick with him there. Period.

I love Todd, but right now Colvin is the best option at 1st base.

In the 4 game losing streak leading to his sitting he was 3-15, 9 Ks, 1 BB, and 0 runs scored. He probably would have stayed in if it wasn't for that ridiculous strikeout number.

Broncoholic3233
06-17-2012, 10:31 AM
People put way to much stock into K's.

If no one is on base (majority of the time for Dexter at lead off)... whats the difference between a K and a pop up? An outs an out.

Broncoholic3233
06-17-2012, 10:33 AM
And why the hell is CarGo not playing?

Missed the first inning....

The Experience
06-17-2012, 10:50 AM
And why the hell is CarGo not playing?

Missed the first inning....

Sore Hammy I have heard.

Broncoholic3233
06-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Sore Hammy I have heard.

Ugh. So....now whose gonna entertain me?

CinnaMunMun
06-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Ugh. So....now whose gonna entertain me?

Pacheco perhaps? :D

CinnaMunMun
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
People put way to much stock into K's.

If no one is on base (majority of the time for Dexter at lead off)... whats the difference between a K and a pop up? An outs an out.

He K'd multiple times with RISP, that's when it counts.

Not to mention as a leadoff hitter with speed the worst you can do is pop up or K. He should be hitting the ball on the ground.

DenverBlood
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM

I love Tulo. Easily my favorite player because it's my favorite position. But I can't really disagree with any of this. If the scenario actually ever came up I think Tulo would have to be the one to go.

1. He may be slightly over valued while Cargo is clearly undervalued. So Tulo would probably bring in a better deal for the Rockies while currently not being the better player.

2. Cargo seems to be consistently better over the past two seasons. And you could say his ceiling of potential looks to be higher as well.

That being said I would be extremely pissed if either one is actually ever traded. I don't care if the pitcher is Cliff Lee, Darvish, Halladay or Verlander. Because you never know how they'll fare at Coors. Although those names would be hard to turn down. But I don't think those names would even be an option for cargo or Tulo.

Hopefully this scenario never comes into play.

CinnaMunMun
06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Looks like the Rox are looking to move Guthrie. One possible trade partner is Toronto since they have a bunch of starters injured and he has experience in the AL East.

Rumored player we could get is Mike McDade. A switch-hitting 1B, the 23-year old is very good defensively, has power, and can hit for average. He does strike out a lot though.

Broncoholic3233
06-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Looks like the Rox are looking to move Guthrie. One possible trade partner is Toronto since they have a bunch of starters injured and he has experience in the AL East.

Rumored player we could get is Mike McDade. A switch-hitting 1B, the 23-year old is very good defensively, has power, and can hit for average. He does strike out a lot though.

Would be a very good trade, IMO.

Therefore, it won't happen.

CinnaMunMun
06-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Would be a very good trade, IMO.

Therefore, it won't happen.

Yea, that was my thinking too :(