PDA

View Full Version : Awesome News!!!!

86rocco
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
My birthday is July 28, that isn't the awesome part.

The awesome part is my girlfriend bought two tickets for the game against the :smash: in Denver on September 30.......two plane tickets, and a rental car. We will need some advice on an awesome hotel to stay at. Recommendations are welcomed.

I have been to many Broncos games over the years but this is the first in Denver. I am very excited and we are looking forward to it all. She just couldn't wait till my birthday to tell me.

Field Level End Zone 112 | 2 tickets
Row 39 | Seats 22, 23
Ticket features: Aisle
Comments: Under overhang

It didn't dawn on me when she was asking which team I hated the most and was the Broncos biggest rival. Now I know and am very excited!!!!!!!

Go Broncos.

DaChAmPiShErE24
06-15-2012, 08:39 PM
That's awesome! My first trip to Denver was last year for the playoff game. Best 3 days of my life. I know there is a hotel basically in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field. Hotel VQ I think it's called, but I heard its kind of pricey because of the location. We stayed at the Ramada on Zuni Street. I wouldn't recommend it, there was some shady things going on there at night.

MarkB
06-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Nice! You got an awesome girlfriend.

EddieMac
06-15-2012, 09:20 PM
I got that same gift from a G/F. I won't talk about the ending to that one but that is great news!!

I stayed in that hotel off the parking lot. I loved waking up and looking at the stadium. The bar wasn't so bad either. Too bad the game was the one we lost 41-3 :sad:

It was still all good!!

Sync
06-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I am jelly. Enjoy. :salute:

// / yardo
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the hotel next to the field is the VQ and rooms are reasonable but that might change during the season. So book now.

I personally would stay a little closer to the 16th street area. It's still very close to the stadium and close to restaurants, clubs, bars or whatever you're wanting to do. The stadium is sort of away from everything.

Either way you're going to have a blast.

Frenchy180
06-15-2012, 09:43 PM
I was half expecting you to have gotten the season ticket letter... I'm surprised we haven't gotten a surge of threads about those yet :laugh:

sbxxxiichamps
06-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Nice! You got an awesome girlfriend.

Lol that was my first thought as well!

CoryWinget81
06-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Also, if you're not in the mood for hustle and bustle, and renting a car, you might think about staying in DTC. Lots of stuff down there, great, elegant restaurants (Shanahan's anyone?) as well as stuff for just about anyone.

Best part, a light rail station where you can take it right down to the stadium and not worrying about parking and driving through traffic.

Seriously. Denver Tech Center. Give it some thought. You won't be disappointed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Also, if you're not in the mood for hustle and bustle, and renting a car, you might think about staying in DTC. Lots of stuff down there, great, elegant restaurants (Shanahan's anyone?) as well as stuff for just about anyone.

Best part, a light rail station where you can take it right down to the stadium and not worrying about parking and driving through traffic.

Seriously. Denver Tech Center. Give it some thought. You won't be disappointed.

If I ever go back I would seriously consider doing this ^^

Whatever you do though, Denver is not too hard to get around in. The highways are pretty easy and the city isn't overwhelming. I was pleasantly surprised.

BroncosPWNn00bs
06-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I got that same gift from a G/F. I won't talk about the ending to that one but that is great news!!

I stayed in that hotel off the parking lot. I loved waking up and looking at the stadium. The bar wasn't so bad either. Too bad the game was the one we lost 41-3 :sad:

It was still all good!!

Ha, I was at that game as well. Probably the game that made me sick more than any other game I've been to. Wierd because when we lose a close game, I always say " I'd rather get blown out", but I don't think so anymore because that 41-3 game was a terrible game to sit through and watch every second. The Crowd was all gone by halftime which also made me sick.

But as for the OP, awesome news man. You'll have a blast there :salute: And every time I go to games, I usually get a different hotel each time. So no real suggestions for a hotel, but hope you have a great time, and hopefully we win of course. :salute:

thedeadlypoet
06-16-2012, 03:28 AM
I have been traveling from Albuquerque to Denver for a game for the past 6 years, we always stay at the La Quinta in Westminster, mainly because there is a park and ride next door, and take the Bronco bus to the game, its a cheap and safe way to get to and from the game, esp if you plan on having drinks. much cheaper than buying a parking spot at the stadium. lots of parking around the stadium also, but for us, the Bronco bus at the Park and Ride is our favorite, that is my opinion on the topic,

350legend
06-16-2012, 04:50 AM
My birthday is July 28, that isn't the awesome part.

The awesome part is my girlfriend bought two tickets for the game against the :smash: in Denver on September 30.......two plane tickets, and a rental car. We will need some advice on an awesome hotel to stay at. Recommendations are welcomed.

I have been to many Broncos games over the years but this is the first in Denver. I am very excited and we are looking forward to it all. She just couldn't wait till my birthday to tell me.

Field Level End Zone 112 | 2 tickets
Row 39 | Seats 22, 23
Ticket features: Aisle
Comments: Under overhang

It didn't dawn on me when she was asking which team I hated the most and was the Broncos biggest rival. Now I know and am very excited!!!!!!!

Go Broncos.

Wow, that is awesome news.. Smart girlfriend.. I was going to this years home opener vs the Steelers but come to find out she gives birth in sept so plans got put back , However 2013 ill be up there for sure. Would anyone know whats our first game in 2013??

Pruke
06-16-2012, 05:33 AM
MARRY HER!

Not later - today - RIGHT NOW!

Holger_Danske
06-16-2012, 06:27 AM

Go Broncos.
She's a KEEPER amigo!!! :)
Remember how much this means to you and to reciprocate in kind when it's her turn. That will go a loooooong way.

bronx_2003
06-16-2012, 06:30 AM
I personally find expedia to be the best site when booking hotels. You get some really good deals.

www.expedia.com

flosstein
06-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Congrats on the super sweet gift! I stayed at the Monaco in downtown Denver ( Champa and 16th I think). On their site it seemed pricey, but when I called and booked I wound up only paying $105/night. It's right in the center of everything and a few blocks walk from Union Station where u get the ($2) light rail to the stadium. Hope u have a great time!!!! I'm trying desperately to get back myself. Felt like I left a piece of my heart out there, lol!!! And the only other place in the world I've felt like that was Hawaii. Something about the mountains or volcanoes in the morning that touches the soul.

FL BRONCO
06-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm jealous---good for you , have a great time and happy birthday

EddieMac
06-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Ha, I was at that game as well. Probably the game that made me sick more than any other game I've been to. Wierd because when we lose a close game, I always say " I'd rather get blown out", but I don't think so anymore because that 41-3 game was a terrible game to sit through and watch every second. The Crowd was all gone by halftime which also made me sick.

But as for the OP, awesome news man. You'll have a blast there :salute: And every time I go to games, I usually get a different hotel each time. So no real suggestions for a hotel, but hope you have a great time, and hopefully we win of course. :salute:

I stayed to the bitter end. It was fun because they kept showing us on the jumbo-tron as it was so bad and so cold that day we were all that was left haha. A few chargers fans came down by our seats to heckle the broncos players. They were pretty respectful of me though and even asked if it was OK. Mind you I was twice the size of any of them haha.

Gotta go back.....

Houshmazode
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM
You just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico?

86rocco
06-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies. She is definitely a keeper and I will come up with something good for her birthday too.

When she gets back in town from N.M. we will sit down and plan out the hotel so thanks for all the great ideas thus far and if any more show up great. I'll let ya'll know where we decide to stay.

This is crazy cool for me. She is a complete Godsend in my life and that was before the birthday present. Fabulous gal.

JakeNbake
06-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I guess this means you have to get married now. :(

86rocco
06-16-2012, 06:47 PM
I guess this means you have to get married now. :(

Don't have to, but we will when the time is right! :D