PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Trade Todd Helton

The Experience
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
He deserves better than this team. He has given his heart and soul to this team for well over a decade and what have they given in return? One fluke of a World Series run. If the Rockies really valued Todd's loyalty to this team then they would trade him to a contender so he can get that championship he deserves. They need to do for Todd what they did for Larry Walker.

This team is going no where and Todd hasn't played as well as we are accustomed to. We need to get the young players time if we want to be competitive in the future. I'm talking mostly about Tyler Colvin.

I know this is a tough pill for Rockies fans to swallow. But it really is the best thing for Todd Helton, as well as the Rockies.

CinnaMunMun
06-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Only one problem, he has a no-trade clause and he was asked the same question by Kiz a few days ago.

He said he doesn't want to be traded, wants to end it here, and wants to work in the FO.

I think the only time he would have ever accepted a trade was in 07 Spring training to the Red Sox that fell through. This team is his baby for better or worse.

The Experience
06-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Only one problem, he has a no-trade clause and he was asked the same question by Kiz a few days ago.

He said he doesn't want to be traded, wants to end it here, and wants to work in the FO.

I think the only time he would have ever accepted a trade was in 07 Spring training to the Red Sox that fell through. This team is his baby for better or worse.

If the right trade were to come up and he has a shot at a title, I think he will waive it.

CinnaMunMun
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
If the right trade were to come up and he has a shot at a title, I think he will waive it.

Kiz actually asked him that and he said it was too late in his career to do that.

Besides, we all love Todd but who is going to trade for a guy making $5 mil with a .250 avg and marginal power as a one-year rental?

BroncoFanBoy
06-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Kiz actually asked him that and he said it was too late in his career to do that.

Besides, we all love Todd but who is going to trade for a guy making $5 mil with a .250 avg and marginal power as a one-year rental?

Plus most competing teams have good first basemen anyway.

I don't see Helton winning a world series as a player, but possibly in the FO. Hope he becomes GM eventually.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-17-2012, 05:07 PM
People said we should trade Champ Bailey too a few years ago so he can win a title. Now we are contenders and Champ is a huge part of that.

Trading Todd likely won't make the Rockies better.