PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Denver Nuggets Draft Thread

johnlimburg
06-19-2012, 02:18 AM
Talk about all the draft prospects that you think the Nuggets should take and the draft prospects in general. The draft isn't very far away and the reports are coming out about the guys the Nuggets are working out. Last year the guy the Nuggets showed the most interest in pre draft they ended up drafting him. That was Faried.

Of all of the guys the Nuggets have worked out the one I like most based off of what I am reading and what Youtube has to offer that is Andrew Nicholson.

He is a PF who is 6-9 and has a 7-4 wingspan. He is very athletic and has a very good low post game. Something the Nuggets need more then anything else. He also has range and is simlar to the guy I really liked last year in Jajaun Johnson.

Here is a video of Andrew Nicholson. I think people will like him. And he also looks a little bigger then 6-9 in my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L66QmiB0xj4

And here are his stats over the last 4 years:

MIN / FG% / REB / PPG

30.1 / 57.1 / 8.4 / 18.5
33.8 / 57.1 / 7.5 / 20.8
30.2 / 56.4 / 7.1 / 16.4
25.1 / 60.2 / 6.0 / 12.5

The top BOLDED line is his most recent season.

beastlyskronk
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Kind of reminds me of a less athletic Chris Webber/Kevin Garnett type of PF. Looks like a pretty good player

the0rangecrush
06-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Chad Ford has us taking Sullinger at 20, even with his medical concerns id still love him on the team. The other guy id want is Royce White, during combine workouts he gave other big men fits.

Atwnbroncfan
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
We have been looking at a lot of tweener SF/PF type players. Why? Out roster is filled with those types. Gallo/Chandler/Harrigton and farried to an extent.

We need shooters. Get me any kind of SGs.

The Experience
06-22-2012, 06:04 AM
We have been looking at a lot of tweener SF/PF type players. Why? Out roster is filled with those types. Gallo/Chandler/Harrigton and farried to an extent.

We need shooters. Get me any kind of SGs.

We may sign one, rather than draft one. Might be the smart play if we want a shooter who can bring instant impact, because we all know how Karl is when it comes to rookies.

the0rangecrush
06-22-2012, 06:43 AM
A name to keep an eye on is Darius Johnson-Odom, he is an athletic freak that can score, and will likely be a target with our 1st 2nd rounder.

nic.zeman24
06-22-2012, 07:09 AM
I see a lot of Tony Wroten mocks for us, he is good, but he is similar to Stone so it will come down to whether our front office thinks Stone can take the next step.

the0rangecrush
06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Also we've worked out John Jenkins a combo guard twice. He may be the best scorer in the draft. However, hes projected to go in between our 20th overall and 38th picks so we'd likely have to move up.

Broncoholic3233
06-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Its gonna be a tough pick to mock.

I've read multiple places that they plan on keeping the same starting 5 for a while, unless we really get a steal or something.

Plus, the rookies won't play more than likely with the depth we have and Karl usually sitting them a year or two.

I'd say we draft a PG.

I like Stone, but there is a question mark next to him.
Then Dre is old. I think well look for a very solid backup PG that we could trade if he becomes really good.

I could see a SG but with AAA as the starter and Hamilton as a backup, I'm not convinced well take one.

SF we are stacked.

I could see a big bodied PF

We are also stacked at C.

It'll be interesting.

HUMCALC
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Its gonna be a tough pick to mock.

I've read multiple places that they plan on keeping the same starting 5 for a while, unless we really get a steal or something.

Plus, the rookies won't play more than likely with the depth we have and Karl usually sitting them a year or two.

I'd say we draft a PG.

I like Stone, but there is a question mark next to him.
Then Dre is old. I think well look for a very solid backup PG that we could trade if he becomes really good.

I could see a SG but with AAA as the starter and Hamilton as a backup, I'm not convinced well take one.

SF we are stacked.

I could see a big bodied PF

We are also stacked at C.

It'll be interesting.

Isn't Lawson a young PG? I don't follow the Nuggets as much as I'd like. When is the draft BTW?

Broncoholic3233
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Isn't Lawson a young PG? I don't follow the Nuggets as much as I'd like. When is the draft BTW?

Yes. Lawson is going into his 4th year. He'll be getting a new, large contract. That's why I said we are probably lookin for a solid 20-25 backup PG with a pick in 20's.

And if he turns out to be really good we can trade him. Or keep him if he's better than Lawson.

But who knows. That's just my guess. Either PG or PF.

And i don't know the date of the draft unfortunately.

nic.zeman24
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Yes. Lawson is going into his 4th year. He'll be getting a new, large contract. That's why I said we are probably lookin for a solid 20-25 backup PG with a pick in 20's.

And if he turns out to be really good we can trade him. Or keep him if he's better than Lawson.

But who knows. That's just my guess. Either PG or PF.

And i don't know the date of the draft unfortunately.

Its the 28th

HUMCALC
06-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Its the 28th

That's what I thought, thank you

beastlyskronk
06-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Also we've worked out John Jenkins a combo guard twice. He may be the best scorer in the draft. However, hes projected to go in between our 20th overall and 38th picks so we'd likely have to move up.

I'm not sure if he's the best scorer but he's definitely the best shooter. I really think he'll be the pick, we lacked any kind of consistency with our 3 point shot in the playoffs. Jenkins can really get our bench going in a hurry with the way he shoots. Fernandez isn't a consistent shooter, Brewer is more of a defensive/energy guy, Hamilton is still an unknown. I think Fernandez will be the odd man out and Hamilton/Jenkins would compete for a spot off the bench. A consistent scorer off the bench would have helped us out a lot against the Lakers.

Although if Fab Melo is there when we pick, there's no way I'm not picking him. I have my reservations about McGee being a true C. I just think he'd do a lot better at PF with his athleticism and lack of strength. Plus McGee and Melo on the court at the same time would mean a lot of blocked shots which would create even more fast break opportunities. Yes he's raw on offense, so is every other C we have, he stills need to work on getting rebounds but he can definitely go out and get boards imo. Then we could trade Koufos or Mozgov for either a pick or hopefully a developmental bench scorer if not a somewhat proven one.

InElwayWeTrust
06-24-2012, 06:43 PM
We should trade all of our picks this year, and all of our picks next year, and a few extra players (whatever it takes).

For....

The Charlotte Bobcats unprotected 1st next year. Then we hope they suck like always, and hope we win the lottery, and pick the next great star of the NBA. SHABAZZ!!!!!!! :rockon:

And then I wake up from the best dream ever. :sad:

nic.zeman24
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
We should trade all of our picks this year, and all of our picks next year, and a few extra players (whatever it takes).

For....

The Charlotte Bobcats unprotected 1st next year. Then we hope they suck like always, and hope we win the lottery, and pick the next great star of the NBA. SHABAZZ!!!!!!! :rockon:

And then I wake up from the best dream ever. :sad:

With our luck the Bobcats would win the finals...

The Experience
06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Chris Broussard is reporting that Golden State is trying to trade the 7th pick for Wilson Chandler....

The Experience
06-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Apparently many teams are calling the Nuggets looking to trade for some of our young talent...

Atwnbroncfan
06-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Chris Broussard is reporting that Golden State is trying to trade the 7th pick for Wilson Chandler....

Might as well. We have enough SF. Especially with the play of Brewer.

Question is who would we take. My guess would be, Austin Rivers, Dion Waters, Jeremy Lamb or Andre Drummond if we project him as a PF. Possibly John Henson too.

the0rangecrush
06-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Might as well. We have enough SF. Especially with the play of Brewer.

Question is who would we take. My guess would be, Austin Rivers, Dion Waters, Jeremy Lamb or Andre Drummond if we project him as a PF. Possibly John Henson too.

Well IMO these players are a lock to go before 7, Anthony Davis, Thomas Robinson, Bradley Beal, and MKG. After that a guy that is highly likely to be gone are Drummond. Basically IMO there is a 90% chance those guys go, so if it plays out like that I'd say the move is for Lillard, yes we have Ty, but we use a 2 PG sets a lot and Lillard's workouts have been so impressive that one scout says he hasnt seen workouts this impressive since Kevin Durant. Hes really the only guy id consider taking there. Then we could take a guy like Mike Scott to replace Chandler, he plays like Chandler only with better D. With the 20th pick id take Royce White or Sullinger whoever is there.

Orange Pants
06-27-2012, 10:18 AM

That's a pretty good deal considering he's coming off of an injury.

Orange Pants
06-27-2012, 10:38 AM
It's interesting because in this article: http://www.roundballminingcompany.com/2012/06/11/the-trading-post/ Wilson Chandler is being discussed as trade bait for draft picks. One of their ideas was to trade him, our 1st round pick, and two 2nd rounders for the 8th overall pick. Just Chandler for the 7th pick is a much much better deal. I say we should do it.

As fans, one of our favorite things to do is play the role of NBA general manager. We love to analyze players, ponder team needs and above all, formulate trade scenarios that will facilitate the movement of assets towards the team we often fantasize about in the hopes these transactions will one day lead directly to an NBA title. In other words, we love trades. This article aims to celebrate that unbridled fandom by introducing three realistic trade scenarios involving the NBA Draft and of course, Roundball Mining Company’s favorite piece of trade bait: Wilson Chandler.

If you’re new to this site or still unsure as to why Chandler is perpetually the subject of trade rumors, read this, and if you’re still unsure, know these simple facts: Chandler is young. He’s in the first year of a very cap-friendly contract. He’s athletic. He’s versatile. He likes defense. Given the chance to start, at the very least he’s a 15 points per game scorer. Would the Nuggets be a better team with him on the roster? Yes. But he’s not better than Gallinari and with three other, very talented small forwards on the team fully capable of doing the same things he can, Chandler then becomes tradeable for one big reason: value.

In theory the Nuggets could trade Chandler for another proven veteran, but the chances they get equal value in return simply isn’t that great. Quality contracts are hard to come by in the NBA. Often times good players are either overpayed or on the verge of being overpayed. The best and most cost-effective contracts in the NBA are given to rookies, specifically those in the first round of the NBA Draft.

Add all this on top of the fact that 2012 NBA Draft is one of the best in recent memory, and you have the perfect recipe for a Wilson Chandler-Nuggets fan-trade scenario pie. Here are three pieces I’ve concocted. Feel free to slice up one of your own in the comments section below!

(Note: The Nuggets possess three picks in this year’s draft: 20, 38 and 50.)

1. Chandler for No. 8

Toronto gets: Wilson Chandler, 20th pick in the first round, 38th pick in the second round and a future second-round selection.

Denver gets: Eighth pick in the first round.

Why Toronto pulls the trigger: The Raptors have been desperate for a legitimate, starting small forward for years. They highly covet Chandler and had the intention of offering him a contract after his return from China. They’ve made it very clear they’re in need of an athletic wing and are open to the possibility of trading the eight pick in the 2012 Draft in order to obtain one. Adding Chandler, in addition to last year’s No. 5 overall selection, Jonas Valanciunas, completes their starting five rotation and gives the fanbase the hope of a bright, young future for years to come. Furthermore, the 20th pick gives the Raptors another opportunity to hit home run, while the 38th pick alongside the Raptors own pick at 37 gives them back-to-back opportunities in the early part of the second round to target additional players on their Draft list.

Why Denver pulls the trigger: The Nuggets need a potential All-Star. Yes, their starting five looks set for years, but at the same time, nobody is confusing Danilo Gallinari with Dirk Nowitzki or JaVale McGee with Tim Duncan. At some point the Nuggets must acquire a special player who can carry the team through rough stretches in the postseason. If Denver feels this player isn’t available at eight, they can package the pick along with another player to move up even further.

Who Denver targets with the pick(s): Damian Lillard, Dion Waiters, Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones will all likely be options at this point. Each of these players has tremendous potential and a distinct skill set compared to the others. Nuggets management would be able to select which one they believe in most. There’s also an outside chance Andre Drummond and Harrison Barnes drop to No. 8, both of whom would be steals at that point.

The Experience
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
We should try and get Harrison Barnes....

He will be a stud IMO. He reminds me so much of Glenn Rice. He is a great scorer and a solid defender. He makes clutch shots and could become our closer. He also has a great attitude and work ethic. GK would love to have another Tar Heel

the0rangecrush
06-27-2012, 01:39 PM
We should try and get Harrison Barnes....

He will be a stud IMO. He reminds me so much of Glenn Rice. He is a great scorer and a solid defender. He makes clutch shots and could become our closer. He also has a great attitude and work ethic. GK would love to have another Tar Heel

Overrated chucker, and im not saying that because im a Duke fan

The Experience
06-27-2012, 01:43 PM
If we can trade up to #7 and maybe get Barnes (if he falls or possibly trade up) or maybe a Andre Drummond or Lillard (or even Henson) then draft Royce White or Draymond Green at 20 I would be so happy.

nic.zeman24
06-27-2012, 02:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104507/florida-gator-bradley-beal-oklahoma-city-thunder-talked-moving-up

ONly way this works is if we trade to 2 and get him

BluenOrnge4Life
06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
If we could move up to 7 by trading just Wilson Chandler? Would be awesome. He didn't even play last year and we took the Lakers to 7.

At #7, we could really use our depth to potentially move even further up and get a stud, if that's what Ujiri wants to do. I'm excited for what takes place in the next 24 hours!

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Eh. I'll keep chandler rather than an unproven rookie.

If we trade him for the 7th, can't say I'd be mad, but much rather us keep Chandler.

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 08:10 AM
It's funny that Karl has already admitted that whoever we draft probably won't play. Then again that was the plan for Faried and he forced Karl to play him.

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Our pick is coming up. Sullinger still on the board. Medical flag or not he is the perfect compliment at the 4 to Faried. Just sayin

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Our pick is coming up. Sullinger still on the board. Medical flag or not he is the perfect compliment at the 4 to Faried. Just sayin

Wasn't Lawson endorsing him too?

EDIT: I guess not.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Hochman says its fournier. Many insiders now reporting it...

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
We took the 3 point shooting Frenchman Fournier. He will never sniff the court the first season. On the plus side we add another country to our melting pot of a team.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
The Denver Europeans. :laugh:

HUMCALC
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM
sorry guys :(

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 06:32 PM
You know how we felt last Year after the Blazers took Nolan Smith allowing Faried to fall in our lap?

That's exactly how Boston feels right now. We just gifted them, and we took a rotational player at best.

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I hate this pick so bad..... SMH

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
This is going to come down as a very questionable pick. Ujiri has been GREAT up until this point, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows something we don't.

EDIT: Well... the celtics are one of the best ran organizations in the league and their doctors said, "low risk, high reward."

Top 10 talent that we could've gotten at 20 and we take a guy who will probably play overseas next year. Great.

I trust Ujiri, but early indications have people scratching their heads. Not fun.

HUMCALC
06-28-2012, 06:43 PM
What position does Perry Jones play?

nic.zeman24
06-28-2012, 06:45 PM
What position does Perry Jones play?

SF or PF but I heard he prefers SF

HUMCALC
06-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Ok, then I don't want CHI to draft him, thank you

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Ok, then I don't want CHI to draft him, thank you

He is the best player available and it isn't even close. Any team that picks him just made a great pick no matter who they have at SF. If there were other players close to his level available then it's different but there aren't. He is far and away the BPA right now.

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 06:51 PM
It's obvious We want to play a full year of the team we ended the season with plus Wilson Chandler.

HUMCALC
06-28-2012, 06:53 PM
He is the best player available and it isn't even close. Any team that picks him just made a great pick no matter who they have at SF. If there were other players close to his level available then it's different but there aren't. He is far and away the BPA right now.

We have 2 quality SFs right now. We need everything but a SF

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
It's obvious We want to play a full year of the team we ended the season with plus Wilson Chandler.

Which sucks...

I hate watching other Elite teams try so hard to improve their team, and it seems we always just sit at mediocrity. I know it isn't that simple but it seems we will stay bad enough to never go deep in the playoffs, but good enough to never get an elite player.

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
We have 2 quality SFs right now. We need everything but a SF

Well, not everything. I'd say you have starting PG pretty covered. ;)

The Experience
06-28-2012, 06:58 PM
My list for pick at 38

Draymond Green

Jeff Taylor

PJ 3 (prolly dreaming)

Doron Lamb

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
My list for pick at 38

Draymond Green

Jeff Taylor

PJ 3 (prolly dreaming)

Doron Lamb

If PJ3 was there at 38 and we passed on him again I would throw my tv out the window.

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Also my list is-

-anyone

-not

-from

-Europe

HUMCALC
06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, not everything. I'd say you have starting PG pretty covered. ;)

Rose is coming off a major injury & Watson may not be back

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Rose is coming off a major injury & Watson may not be back

That's true... But if I were a Bulls fan if still want Jones. He would make a bigger impact on the team next year than any other player on the board.

nic.zeman24
06-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Best value pick in the draft... but we didn't get him...

HUMCALC
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
That's true... But if I were a Bulls fan if still want Jones. He would make a bigger impact on the team next year than any other player on the board.

Thibs doesn't play rookies. Who's the best guard available?

nic.zeman24
06-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Quincy Miller at 38?

nic.zeman24
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Looks like we get Miller, thank you

Orange Pants
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Tyshawn Tayler Please

nic.zeman24
06-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I like Miller, good pick

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Quincy Miller is a good pick

The Experience
06-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Great pick....

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Nice pick and Ty is going to be happy.

InElwayWeTrust
06-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I like this pick 100 times more than the first.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 08:08 PM
It will be interesting to see if we do anything in free agency besides re-signing Mcgee.

Amari24
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Good pick for Denver and great value. I'm still wondering why they drafted a Euro player in the 1st, though.

The Experience
06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
It will be interesting to see if we do anything in free agency besides re-signing Mcgee.

I think we will. I would love to see us go after Ray Allen.

the0rangecrush
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I want DJO hed fit in perfectly

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 08:24 PM

Karl and Allen couldn't co-exist before why would they now?

BluenOrnge4Life
IZZet will be the pick according to hochman

HUMCALC

I want Ray Allen for CHI. We have a coach that he loves & we need another SG

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Izzet is from TurKey. Are we literally trying to have one player from every country? :laugh:

He's a 7 footer.

'Mapping' pretty well.

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
IZZet will be the pick according to hochman

Who? Lol We will never see this guy, Cho Cho from last year, and maybe Fournier in a Nuggets jersey.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Who? Lol We will never see this guy, Cho Cho from last year, and maybe Fournier in a Nuggets jersey.

Ya. When after 3 picks all Scott Hastings has to say is, "Zzzzzzzz", it's not a good sign. :laugh:

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 09:25 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/denvernuggets

#Nuggets president Josh Kroenke: "Our existing roster deserved a chance to move forward and compete together."

I can respect that. It's a good way of doing business and this team is young. A FULL season to see what this roster can do before we start making a ton of moves.

More...

#Nuggets executives and scouts thought Quincy Miller might be gone before 20. They were thrilled to get him at 38.

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Masai said Fournier is confident and doesn't back down.

I beg to differ he is French, of course he backs down.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Masai said Fournier is confident and doesn't back down.

I beg to differ he is French, of course he backs down.

:laugh: good point.

My only question is... could we have gotten him later? Probably.

Atwnbroncfan
06-28-2012, 10:27 PM
:laugh: good point.

My only question is... could we have gotten him later? Probably.

Stein reported Dallas was going to take him at 24

Orange Pants
06-29-2012, 07:30 AM

That is extremely comforting. Also, if he can actually make his wide open 3's he'll be a great addition to us. Otherwise, he'll fit in perfectly.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-29-2012, 09:13 AM

Well there you go. I said earlier that I would give Ujiri the benefit of the doubt that he knew something we didn't. It was probably the right move then.

Cyrend
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Going into the draft, I thought Fournier was supposed to be like the French 3 pt specialist. But I guess upon further research he's a shooting guard who can't shoot the outside shot. Why did we draft him then? We have a ton of guys who can drive but not consistently shoot the 3, why get another?

The Miller pick I really like though. He'll sit a year with Karl, which will really help him recover and continue growing into his body. He's got the potential to be pretty good a few years down the road. It actually works out pretty well for both picks, since Karl would be sitting them the 1st year anyways. Fournier plays in France and Miller gets time to sit and grow in Denver.

But people really need to see it this way, basically our pick this year was Jordan Hamilton. Karl said himself that he didn't think anyone past 20 would be better than Stone or Hamilton, and now that J-Ham has gone through his year of rookie exile under Karl, he'll probably start getting some actual playing time now.

beastlyskronk
06-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Going into the draft, I thought Fournier was supposed to be like the French 3 pt specialist. But I guess upon further research he's a shooting guard who can't shoot the outside shot. Why did we draft him then? We have a ton of guys who can drive but not consistently shoot the 3, why get another?

From everything I've read on him, his 3 pt percentage was so low because he isn't good at shooting a contested 3. Basically he seems like a guy whom's 3 pt percentage would benefit from a PG penetrating and kicking it out to him.