PDA

View Full Version : Dear LeBron Haters

Rollo
06-21-2012, 04:19 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542523_3426358894303_155408035_n.jpg

socalpeytonfan
06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't necessarily classify myself as a LeBron fan, but I certainly am cheering for him and the Heat to win it all tonight. I know I'm in the minority, but IMO I think the guy gets more hate than deserved. *shrugs*

beastlyskronk
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
They better, how devastating would it be for the Thunder to come back

Amari24
06-21-2012, 04:46 PM
If possible, I hope the Thunder win the next two so it can go 7 games. There's nothing on TV these days.

As for LeBron, I don't care if he wins a ring or not. I think he's too good of a player not to win a ring, but he brought all the hate on himself. Keep in mind he still has to win at least six more after this to live up to his speech.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Lebron is great. I admit it. I think most people who watch basketball would say the same.

HOWEVER, the MJ comparisons need to stop. Did MJ team up with Magic? Did he decide that he was going to go team up with Stockton and Malone in Utah? Nah... he decided he was going to make a career of beating guys like that.. not teaming up with them, and that's exactly what he did.

Therein lies the difference, and Lebron will always have that knock on him. He tried to create a Super Team to win titles. The 'chosen one' or 'King' shouldn't have to do it that way.

InElwayWeTrust
06-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Bluenorange nailed it.

Lebron couldn't win, so he teamed up with other superstars so he could win. Jordan never would have done that, neither would most of the greats.

Lebron might win a ring this year but he's still a flopping crybaby. He'll just be a flopping crybaby with a ring. :laugh:

Jay3
06-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Lebron is great. I admit it. I think most people who watch basketball would say the same.

HOWEVER, the MJ comparisons need to stop. Did MJ team up with Magic? Did he decide that he was going to go team up with Stockton and Malone in Utah? Nah... he decided he was going to make a career of beating guys like that.. not teaming up with them, and that's exactly what he did.

Therein lies the difference, and Lebron will always have that knock on him. He tried to create a Super Team to win titles. The 'chosen one' or 'King' shouldn't have to do it that way.

First of all, MJ might have done those things if Pippen hadn't been there (as well as some other very respectable supporting cast members over the years).

Second of all, I don't think anybody is comparing LeBron's body of work to Micheal's body of work. There's no comparison yet. But, when LeBron is done, he might be in the conversation for best of all time. Because physically, he's in the running for most talented player of all time.

canadiansbronco
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM
First it's not guaranteed he wins tonight second even if he wins i still wont be inmpressed because of the way he did ti

Spirit
06-21-2012, 06:13 PM
James might get his ring, but history won't look kindly upon how he did it. That's a slap of truth right there. :coffee:

Bronco51
06-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Good for James. But he ain't eva gonna be in Jordan's class. Not now, not ever.

CoryWinget81
06-21-2012, 06:35 PM
LOL

"Dear Lebron haters"

Dude put the hate on himself by being a giant ******y toolbag, not because he doesn't have a ring.

InsaneBlaze23
06-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Not a fan or hater of James, but even if he wins he still isn't King. He'll need a few more championships to get that title.
But him winning will shut up a good number of people, since majority of the not some informed sport fans recycle the same comeback every year. James doesn't have a ring. So if he does win it, that's the end of that.

Also as others above said, the way he gets his title will weight down.

I don't watch Basketball, I hope OKC wins it but if they don't give KD the ball in the 4th they will lose.
Westbrook can shoot, but he's a streaky shooter. KD is pretty much automatic, so feed the ball to the automatic player on your team in the 4th.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
First of all, MJ might have done those things if Pippen hadn't been there (as well as some other very respectable supporting cast members over the years).

Second of all, I don't think anybody is comparing LeBron's body of work to Micheal's body of work. There's no comparison yet. But, when LeBron is done, he might be in the conversation for best of all time. Because physically, he's in the running for most talented player of all time.

Uh you're just flat out wrong. People compare Lebron to MJ all of the time. Have you ever watched ESPN or heard a discussion about Lebron?

It's constant.

Pippen was great but he was no D Wade. It's not even close... How did that Team do when Jordan retired, both times? He was the engine of that team. If he didn't retire the first time, the Bulls probably win 8 straight titles before he hung it up.

Of course every Dynasty has several key pieces, but Jordan didn't try to form a team with other Superstars of his era, that's where you're wrong.

That's where the difference will always be.

BroncosFanInPA
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
He deserves to have the hate, he brought it all on himself like others have mentioned by going out & pairing himself up with other great players & it was premeditated. Also that whole crap with "the decision" on where he will play.

Who does that type of thing? :doh: Seriously what a tool!

#87Birdman
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Figured with this being a bronco site and this thread I would figure this would be perfect lol.

Will LeBron James receive a John Elway welcome?

When Broncos owner Pat Bowlen hoisted the Lombardi Trophy moments after his team’s win over the Packers in Super Bowl XXXII, he proclaimed, “this one is for John!” And the world cheered and celebrated the crowning achievement of one of the greatest players in NFL history, John Elway, who finally captured the elusive championship he sought for years.

Well, maybe not everybody.

The fans in Baltimore weren’t likely cheering on Elway’s Super Bowl win — memories of the super brat (in their eyes) forcing a trade from Baltimore to Denver still seared their minds.

Likewise, if LeBron James wins the NBA title tonight, it too will be the crowning achievement of his pro career. And like Elway, it will come in a different city and organization than the one in which he started his career. A city (and maybe in LeBron’s case a country) rooting against him.

But players leaving their city to win a title elsewhere is nothing new in the NFL. Here are a few of the most memorable:

Steve Young got the proverbial monkey off his back when he led the 49ers to a title in Super Bowl XXIX (though, many will argue his true crowning achievement was finally beating the Cowboys in the 1994 NFC Championship Game). Young floundered during his early years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Doug Williams was another former Bucs quarterback who went on to win a title with another team, leading the Redskins to a Super Bowl XXII championship.

Reggie White failed to bring a championship to Philadelphia, but he went on to Green Bay and was a member of the Packers’ Super Bowl XXXI championship team.

Fans in San Diego might have been pulling for the Patriots after Eli Manning won the first of his two Super Bowl MVP awards, as he knocked off New England in Super Bowl XLII (and later XLVI).

Drew Brees is another former Chargers quarterback who won a title after he left San Diego. Brees was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV.

Some other notable players in other sports who left teams to win titles include Reggie Jackson (from A’s to Yankees), teammates Ray Bourque (from Bruins to Avalanche) and Rob Blake (from Kings to Avalanche) and Shaquille O’Neal (from Magic to Lakers).

Who are some who stand out to you?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/06/21/will-lebron-james-receive-a-john-elway-welcome/?module=HP11_content_stream

Hoserman117
06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Don't jinx us :sad:

swaiy
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
LBJ doesn't compare himself to Jordan. The media does that. The man is doing what it takes to win rings HIS way and everybody hates it. Kudos to him.

Bronco51
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Tonight a King will be crowned........and his name is Mike Miller!

RealBronco
06-21-2012, 08:21 PM
A king has his reign.....and then he dies. It's inevitable.

Spyder
06-21-2012, 08:32 PM

As others have stated, Lebron has NOT ONCE compared himself to Jordan, that is the media and people who constantly looking to stir up trouble and debate (IE: Skip Bayless) amongst others. I'm not the biggest Lebron fan in the world, but the dude is a stud. The most comparable player to LBJ in stature, impact on the game/teammates is Magic Johnson imo. The Jordan crap needs to stop. It's dumb.

If you go back and look at any dynasty in NBA history they had more than 1 Star player, James had a HORRIBLE supporting cast in Cleveland, any basketball fan could see that. What happened when he left? Only one of the WORST teams in the league.

James is a stud and all the hate is pretty dumb by this point. It's been two years since The Decision, time for everyone to move on.

I can make the case that just about every Star player to ever play in the Association was somewhat of a ******bag, including my boy Kobe.

CoryWinget81
06-21-2012, 08:34 PM
As others have stated, Lebron has NOT ONCE compared himself to Jordan, that is the media and people who constantly looking to stir up trouble and debate (IE: Skip Bayless) amongst others. I'm not the biggest Lebron fan in the world, but the dude is a stud. The most comparable player to LBJ in stature, impact on the game/teammates is Magic Johnson imo. The Jordan crap needs to stop. It's dumb.

If you go back and look at any dynasty in NBA history they had more than 1 Star player, James had a HORRIBLE supporting cast in Cleveland, any basketball fan could see that. What happened when he left? Only one of the WORST teams in the league.

James is a stud and all the hate is pretty dumb by this point. It's been two years since The Decision, time for everyone to move on.

I can make the case that just about every Star player to ever play in the Association was somewhat of a ******bag, including my boy Kobe.

Yep, they're ALL ******bags.

sbxxxiichamps
06-21-2012, 08:55 PM
A king has his reign.....and then he dies. It's inevitable.

Mr. Prometheus :P

Back on topic......but now I can't make the 4th quarter choking jokes :sad:

Amari24
06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Mr. Prometheus :P

Back on topic......but now I can't make the 4th quarter choking jokes :sad:

There's always the hairline jokes... :D

InElwayWeTrust
06-21-2012, 09:02 PM
looks like it's time for the lebron haters to ess tee eff you for a night lol

I guess I will...

For tonight. ;)

:laugh:

sbxxxiichamps
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
There's always the hairline jokes... :D

haha the silver lining :)

sbxxxiichamps
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599123_468924173136112_592823697_n.jpg

Just Kittens ;)

Although I'm sure First Take tomorrow is gonna be torture for Skip :laugh:

Jay3
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Uh you're just flat out wrong. People compare Lebron to MJ all of the time. Have you ever watched ESPN or heard a discussion about Lebron?

It's constant.

But they're not comparing his "body of work." His achievements. Because there is no comparison. Six championships to zero, before tonight. They are saying that LeBron might be the next Michael when all is said and done, that he might just be as good as Michael was. And there is most certainly a comparison in that sense. Time will tell.

Pippen was great but he was no D Wade. It's not even close... How did that Team do when Jordan retired, both times? He was the engine of that team. If he didn't retire the first time, the Bulls probably win 8 straight titles before he hung it up.

Of course every Dynasty has several key pieces, but Jordan didn't try to form a team with other Superstars of his era, that's where you're wrong.

That's where the difference will always be.

Pippen was that good. He wasn't the samet type of player, but he was on the level of a D Wade. So I disagree with the "not even close." The point was not whether he was good as D Wade, the point was that Jordan's supporting cast in Chicago was better than LeBraon's in Cleveland. And if Chicago had not capably surrounded Jordan with talent, he might have gone elsewhere in search of championship. Cleveland was just bad.

Most championship teams have at least two great players.

Hoserman117
06-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Lots of great players have switched teams. Why don't they get the same amount of crap?

MJ had 1 playoff win his first 3 playoff trips. LeBron has never been knocked out in the first round (that's not me saying he's better than MJ). It takes a team to win a title. Nobody was coming to Cleveland to play with LeBron, and their idiotic front office boned them as well (reportedly turned down a trade for Amare because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson).

LeBron needed to get out of Cleveland. Plain and simple.

OhBehave30
06-21-2012, 09:18 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599123_468924173136112_592823697_n.jpg

Just Kittens ;)

Although I'm sure First Take tomorrow is gonna be torture for Skip :laugh:

I'm sure in Skip's heart of hearts he's not NEAR as upset about a LeBron James basketball game as he might look on TV- a sports debate show no less in an industry all about the ratings. Just as Stephen A Smith might not actually despise Tebow, although there's more merit to that one from a sports sense than LeBron.
You're probably right though, tomorrow Skip WILL appear upset, and from the start of the show til the end it will be trending worldwide on twitter.
Skip's gonna make some nice contract incentives tomorrow.

I would also say that Skip and Stephen A. have polarized the sports world, although it's mainly just Tebow, LeBron and a little dish of Westbrook. Think of how polarizing those guys are and what 1/2 of all First Take talks about. They're already a little polarizing- Tebow with the religion and LeBron with the "Decision" but I would credit that show towards a lot of their "fan boys". Everybody needs to have a side..

OhBehave30
06-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Lol- people actually buy this guy??

"I will UNLEASH about everything I just saw, tomorrow live from Miami, 10am E, ESPN2. Stephen A thinks he's going to shame me. Watch this."
"Also tomorrow: I'm told @mcuban will join us to take issue with me. Cannot wait. Mark Cuban, 10:45 Eastern, ESPN2. This could get Heated."
"Terrell Suggs will again join us to make me wear Heat garb. Uh, still hasn't paid off bet HE lost by wearing @realskipbayless Tshirt. 10E"

?! Those are 3 straight tweets from @realskipbayless
Dude is a highly compensated puppet.

Hoserman117
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Lol- people actually buy this guy??

"I will UNLEASH about everything I just saw, tomorrow live from Miami, 10am E, ESPN2. Stephen A thinks he's going to shame me. Watch this."
"Also tomorrow: I'm told @mcuban will join us to take issue with me. Cannot wait. Mark Cuban, 10:45 Eastern, ESPN2. This could get Heated."
"Terrell Suggs will again join us to make me wear Heat garb. Uh, still hasn't paid off bet HE lost by wearing @realskipbayless Tshirt. 10E"

?! Those are 3 straight tweets from @realskipbayless
Dude is a highly compensated puppet.

"LeBron was carried to a championship by Mike Miller"

If he says that, I might poo myself.

DevilSpawn
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Congrats to Lebron.

Lots of great players have switched teams. Why don't they get the same amount of crap?

MJ had 1 playoff win his first 3 playoff trips. LeBron has never been knocked out in the first round (that's not me saying he's better than MJ). It takes a team to win a title. Nobody was coming to Cleveland to play with LeBron, and their idiotic front office boned them as well (reportedly turned down a trade for Amare because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson).

Old school fans will say, "Jordan didn't team up with Bird and Magic"... even though Magic and Bird played on allstar teams.

It's how Lebron did it. Ok he left Cleveland high and dry, that's business and it happens all the time in sports. But the "I'm taking my talents to Miami" live special (which donated a few millions for charity) the indoor mini parade afterwards, "Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5..." those actions and comments rubbed people the wrong way.

Now if Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland, would it be the same hate for Lebron? Maybe, maybe not. Lebron was adored by most before this move, so every failure made him an easy target.

I was rooting for OKC because as a Knicks fan, I don't like the Heat, but on the flip side, Pat Riley is my favorite coach of all time. He turned me from a Showtime fan into a Knicks fan, so it's good to see him get another ring. Maybe time will erase the Lebron hate, but it'll be there for a while.

Hoserman117
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199637/heatmenageatrois_medium.gif

LbloodOjunkieG
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Courtesy of Inside Hoops message board.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2entc2o.jpg

CoryWinget81
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
still a ******bag

Amari24
06-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Its been happening for a while man. Tracy McGrady in Orlando was easily the best player in the NBA, but he had to carry the whole team (Grant Hill was always hurt) and never got out the 1st round. He goes to Houston with Yao, again, still arguably the NBA's best player, but the injuries caught up and he still never left the 1st round. To this day, Magic and Houston fans (excluding myself) boo T-mac. When Carlos Boozer left Cleveland they did the same to him for a while.

LeBron accomplished nothing in Cleveland aside from individual success. That and the way he left the city, of course they'll hate him. The Decision wasn't necessary at all. I don't care if it raised millions or not (LeBron could've easily donated that money) that's a horrible way to tell the city you're leaving.

They definitely should've got Amar'e when they had the chance. I think LeBron and Amar'e would've worked a lot better than Melo and Amar'e.

Charlie Brown
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I hate Basketball.

I have never liked the sport and never will like the sport.

But, I will say that I would rather be castrated than watch Lebron James play a game or to meet him. I don't hate him as much as another person, but he definately is in the top 5 people I despise that are alive.

Jay3
06-22-2012, 05:47 AM
LeBron accomplished nothing in Cleveland aside from individual success. That and the way he left the city, of course they'll hate him.

"Nothing?" He did carry that team (a woeful undermanned team) on his back all the way to the NBA finals. I know that's not a championship, but it's as close as you can get. Seems like a stretch to call it "nothing." Because in that sense, nothing just means "not a championship."

Spice 1
06-22-2012, 07:42 AM

I don't care if you sleep in Miami Heat pajamas. That's hilarious. Bosh is like Lepidus. The third wheel always gets the shaft.

I think you guys hit the nail on the head. The potential Amare/Hickson deal would've pissed anybody off. Even though LeBron, Bosh, Wade, and Joe Johnson all met before the season (and probably made their ultimate decision right there), I wasn't surprised he left after that deal didn't happen. I wasn't surprised Bosh declined to come play for the Cavs either. I'm glad he won a title, because it silences a lot of the misguided hate. There's always going to be people that hate him based on character, but now it's even harder for people finding ways to hate on his game.

xX-Bronco-Xx
06-22-2012, 07:50 AM

LMAO!!!!

I feel dirty getting that joke though.

O well. :D

CoryWinget81
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Boil it down in one pic? Sure.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17qj6sa2l4136jpg/original.jpg

getlynched47
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
King James my ass...

getlynched47
06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199637/heatmenageatrois_medium.gif

This makes me laugh so hard :laugh:

Bosh looks like a pterodactyl

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
King James my ass...

Dude he just dominated the playoffs, as well as the finals. He was the best player on the court every series, he saved Miami against Indiana, Boston, and quite honestly toasted Durant in these finals. He's the regular season and finals MVP, and I don't know how you'd say anybody is better than him right now. Also, tied and subsequently broke his own record for consecutive 25 point games in the playoffs with 15. At least for this one year, he's the king.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't really hate him, i can't stand Wade, he's everything that's wrong with the NBA.

I just don't like how he teamed up with 2 stars int heir primes.

That's all.

NBE is rigged though, so hard to be mad.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
If the NBA is rigged, LeBron would not have won. It's better for the NBA to have LeBron losing again to be the story line, so people that hate him keep coming back and tuning in hoping he'll fail. There's no longer a huge lightning rod character in the NBA for people to follow like they did a ring-less LeBron. If the NBA could have had their way, they would have let Durant win, to show all the owners that a small market team can still dominate the NBA, and to keep the hating on LeBron going. Saying it's rigged makes no sense.

getlynched47
06-22-2012, 11:54 AM
The NBA is rigged :smug:

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
kQnu83R5CuM

BluenOrnge4Life
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
But they're not comparing his "body of work." His achievements. Because there is no comparison. Six championships to zero, before tonight. They are saying that LeBron might be the next Michael when all is said and done, that he might just be as good as Michael was. And there is most certainly a comparison in that sense. Time will tell.

Pippen was that good. He wasn't the samet type of player, but he was on the level of a D Wade. So I disagree with the "not even close." The point was not whether he was good as D Wade, the point was that Jordan's supporting cast in Chicago was better than LeBraon's in Cleveland. And if Chicago had not capably surrounded Jordan with talent, he might have gone elsewhere in search of championship. Cleveland was just bad.

Most championship teams have at least two great players.

Did Pippen win a title without MJ? NO. D wade won a title before LBJ even got there and he was the main piece on that team, and at the time was considered a top 3 player in the game. D Wade is still a top 5 player in the game, today.

Again, Pippen wasn't the player that D Wade is, so it's not the same. Yes, every championship team has several stars, but Superstars teaming up is a different thing. People can make the argument, "Oh Jordan didn't have to team up with Magic because he had stars on his team, so he didn't have to." Well those stars weren't Superstars like himself. They were very good players that were made to look even better due to the greatness of Michael Jordan.

I'll say it again, LBJ is greatness. Every dynasty also has it's stars, but there's a fine line between stars and superstars. Superstars teaming up is something that happens in today's NBA, but never happened in the days of MJ & Magic.

That will always be the difference that they will be measured by in the eyes of many.

CoryWinget81
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
If the NBA is rigged, LeBron would not have won. Saying it's rigged makes no sense.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM

You have to just be trolling right? He's pushing Spo back to stay off the court. I know you can't actually think he's giving Spo a high five.

OhBehave30
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
kQnu83R5CuM

Stephen A and Skip actually have agreed about LeBron for the past couple years. I'm starting to hate that show.

DenverBlood
06-22-2012, 12:49 PM
If the NBA is rigged, LeBron would not have won. It's better for the NBA to have LeBron losing again to be the story line, so people that hate him keep coming back and tuning in hoping he'll fail. There's no longer a huge lightning rod character in the NBA for people to follow like they did a ring-less LeBron. If the NBA could have had their way, they would have let Durant win, to show all the owners that a small market team can still dominate the NBA, and to keep the hating on LeBron going. Saying it's rigged makes no sense.

This is just completely all wrong and it's sad that you think that. People don't tune in to watch Lebron fail. They tune out because they don't want to watch what appears to most of us to be rigged by officials to help a mostly classless organization win for the leagues superstar.

No league ever rigs something to keep their super star from winning. I didn't watch a single game of the finals after game 2. I'm not a Lebron fan so the last thing I wanted to do was see him win. The NBA decided they have had enough failure from the self proclaimed super star that was supposed to have 3-4 championships by now. And by self proclaimed it was him that gave himself the nickname King James.

ESPN knows the money is all around Lebron James and that it will sky rocket as a league now that he has a win with the chip off his shoulder.

Want proof? Two days ago ESPN did a poll asking what is your opinion of Lebron James. 37% both liked and disliked him while 26% had no strong opinon.

Today after winning the title? Same poll.

Except now 53% like Lebron vs about 20% disliking him. Sure a different group of people could have voted but by your logic more people should dislike him now and tune out now that he has a championship. Now that he has it everyone is going to jump back on his bandwagon and his jersey sales and attention to the Heat will skyrocket.

And nothing about this year is going to change the history long fact that the NBA would rather see bigger market teams win. They don't want Durant winning in OKC and they could care less about small market teams proving they can still compete. The NBA would rather have Miami, Chicago, Boston or L.A. in the finals every year.

#87Birdman
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Did Pippen win a title without MJ? NO. D wade won a title before LBJ even got there and he was the main piece on that team, and at the time was considered a top 3 player in the game. D Wade is still a top 5 player in the game, today.

Again, Pippen wasn't the player that D Wade is, so it's not the same. Yes, every championship team has several stars, but Superstars teaming up is a different thing. People can make the argument, "Oh Jordan didn't have to team up with Magic because he had stars on his team, so he didn't have to." Well those stars weren't Superstars like himself. They were very good players that were made to look even better due to the greatness of Michael Jordan.

I'll say it again, LBJ is greatness. Every dynasty also has it's stars, but there's a fine line between stars and superstars. Superstars teaming up is something that happens in today's NBA, but never happened in the days of MJ & Magic.

That will always be the difference that they will be measured by in the eyes of many.

That point is huge though and is a huge key. Superstars are teaming up now because other teams are doing the same. Back then there was one superstar on the team now you may have a couple to win, and don't forget when Wade won he had Shaq on his team. Different time frames create a different game. There are more and more talented players coming out and "Superstars" end up with mulitple on some teams to deal with other teams doing it.

So saying that he isn't great because he had to team up with other superstars to take on other teams with multiple superstars while during MJ time he would face teams with only 1 superstar. Seems like the term fits depending on the time frame.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM

Scottie Pippen was definitely an incredible player. He's a top 50 player of all time. He's also not the only good-great player MJ played with. It's like people forgot that the Bulls made it to the conference semi-finals both years when MJ went off to play baseball. MJ got knocked out in the first round the first 3 times he made the playoffs. They didn't make progress until he got some teammates. LeBron still hasn't lost in the first round. Cleveland was the worst team in the NBA when he arrived, he single handedly made them a finals contending 60 win team in the time he was there, and then he leaves, and they were again, worst in the NBA, and back to the #1 overall pick. He was the only thing keeping that simply awful franchise afloat. His best teammate was what... Antawn Jamison? Mo Williams perhaps?

Of course MJ wouldn't pair with Magic, MJ had incredible players, Magic had incredible players. They played with hall of famers, more than one. They had no need to do it. Magic won a championship as a rookie on a 60 win team with Kareem, what need is there to move?

LeBron right now is the best scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender on the Heat. The same applied for the last many years in Cleveland. I'm not saying he's better than MJ, but MJ never was never needed to be all those things for his team like has always been asked of LeBron. He was always the best scorer, the guy with the ball in his hands in the clutch, but most of the time Pippen took over the main defensive duties, Rodman/Grant/Pippen were the rebounders, and MJ averaged ~5 assists for his career. I get that Wade is a super star, but LeBron still has to do everything on that team at an elite level for them to win.

Again, I'm not arguing that he's better than Michael, I just think it's ridiculous to knock him with teaming up with Wade. It's not like Kareem didn't change teams. Shaq did. Wilt did. Where's the hate for them switching?

canadiansbronco
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Still not a king yeh he got his ring but it doesn't change the fact that he had to team up with with 2 superstars to dot it.....

CoryWinget81
06-22-2012, 01:04 PM
If Lebron was so great that he didn't need to team up with superstars (DAN PATRICK) then why did he do it? It's like the ******bag wins a title, and the next thing you know NOW he's undisputed great basketball player?

He was ALWAYS a great basketball player. He's just not good enough to do it on his own. (Credit to James here, because he even admitted as much.)

Who was always takin shots for the Lakers winning titles? Fish and Big Shot Rob. San Antonio is another good example.

Wade is one of the best at his position, albeit on the downside of his career. When Bosh was in Toronto, he was consistently called one of the best at his position wasting away on a team with no talent.

Lebron actually wants people to embrace him. He wants to have a parade in Akron? Has this idiot actually lost his mind?

Hater? You bet your ass. Proud of it too.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
This is just completely all wrong and it's sad that you think that. People don't tune in to watch Lebron fail. They tune out because they don't want to watch what appears to most of us to be rigged by officials to help a mostly classless organization win for the leagues superstar.

No league ever rigs something to keep their super star from winning. I didn't watch a single game of the finals after game 2. I'm not a Lebron fan so the last thing I wanted to do was see him win. The NBA decided they have had enough failure from the self proclaimed super star that was supposed to have 3-4 championships by now. And by self proclaimed it was him that gave himself the nickname King James.

ESPN knows the money is all around Lebron James and that it will sky rocket as a league now that he has a win with the chip off his shoulder.

Want proof? Two days ago ESPN did a poll asking what is your opinion of Lebron James. 37% both liked and disliked him while 26% had no strong opinon.

Today after winning the title? Same poll.

Except now 53% like Lebron vs about 20% disliking him. Sure a different group of people could have voted but by your logic more people should dislike him now and tune out now that he has a championship. Now that he has it everyone is going to jump back on his bandwagon and his jersey sales and attention to the Heat will skyrocket.

And nothing about this year is going to change the history long fact that the NBA would rather see bigger market teams win. They don't want Durant winning in OKC and they could care less about small market teams proving they can still compete. The NBA would rather have Miami, Chicago, Boston or L.A. in the finals every year.

That's not my logic. My logic is that people always hated on him BECAUSE he didn't have a ring, they could always say he wasn't clutch and will never get a ring, and a ton of people tuned in to his series because they wanted to watch him lose. Now that he's won, people will accept him as a great player, they can't rip him as much for it, and they won't care to watch the games as much since there's not as much of a reason to want to watch him lose. Controversy brings views, not happy go lucky fun time.

And fine, lets look at your argument points. If the league wants big market teams, and the league is rigged, why have the Knicks sucked so long? The Clippers? Nets? Wizards? Sixers? Give me a break. These teams have been irrelevant for quite a while, if you're right and the NBA was rigged, these teams wouldn't be so bad. Small market teams like the Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs, etc. wouldn't be remotely competitive.

People just seem to be butt hurt because Miami won. There was no crying about a rigged league when Miami lost to Dallas last year, but oh no, LeBron won, Miami paid off the refs, league is rigged. Riiiiight.

canadiansbronco
06-22-2012, 01:21 PM
That's not my logic. My logic is that people always hated on him BECAUSE he didn't have a ring, they could always say he wasn't clutch and will never get a ring, and a ton of people tuned in to his series because they wanted to watch him lose. Now that he's won, people will accept him as a great player, they can't rip him as much for it, and they won't care to watch the games as much since there's not as much of a reason to want to watch him lose. Controversy brings views, not happy go lucky fun time.

And fine, lets look at your argument points. If the league wants big market teams, and the league is rigged, why have the Knicks sucked so long? The Clippers? Nets? Wizards? Sixers? Give me a break. These teams have been irrelevant for quite a while, if you're right and the NBA was rigged, these teams wouldn't be so bad. Small market teams like the Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs, etc. wouldn't be remotely competitive.

People just seem to be butt hurt because Miami won. There was no crying about a rigged league when Miami lost to Dallas last year, but oh no, LeBron won, Miami paid off the refs, league is rigged. Riiiiight.

I dont really think it's rigged but salary wise no team should be able to do what the heat did it's just wrong and makes like 5 team that have a real shot every year

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Still not a king yeh he got his ring but it doesn't change the fact that he had to team up with with 2 superstars to dot it.....

Nobody wins multiple championships on their own. LeBron maybe squeaks out one championship in Cleveland. This argument is simply flawed. There are no great players that have won multiple championships without some Hall of Fame teammates, unless I'm just misremembering something. LeBrons goal is multiple championships, it didn't look like there was any way for him to get that in Cleveland.

Nobody is trying to say he's the best player ever, but he's the best player in the NBA right now.

canadiansbronco
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Nobody wins multiple championships on their own. LeBron maybe squeaks out one championship in Cleveland. This argument is simply flawed. There are no great players that have won multiple championships without some Hall of Fame teammates, unless I'm just misremembering something. LeBrons goal is multiple championships, it didn't look like there was any way for him to get that in Cleveland.

Nobody is trying to say he's the best player ever, but he's the best player in the NBA right now.

Kobe's last title he did not have 2 superstars with him, Nowitsky did not lure cp3 and melo with him in dallas to beat the heat last year, that's the point.

We know it takes a team but most team have THE guy and a supporting cast not 3 THE guy...

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 01:28 PM
If Lebron was so great that he didn't need to team up with superstars (DAN PATRICK) then why did he do it? It's like the ******bag wins a title, and the next thing you know NOW he's undisputed great basketball player?

He was ALWAYS a great basketball player. He's just not good enough to do it on his own. (Credit to James here, because he even admitted as much.)

Who was always takin shots for the Lakers winning titles? Fish and Big Shot Rob. San Antonio is another good example.

Wade is one of the best at his position, albeit on the downside of his career. When Bosh was in Toronto, he was consistently called one of the best at his position wasting away on a team with no talent.

Lebron actually wants people to embrace him. He wants to have a parade in Akron? Has this idiot actually lost his mind?

Hater? You bet your ass. Proud of it too.

Nobody wins multiple rings without at least one great teammate. Unless I'm just forgetting, nobody has done it. Every once in a while there's somebody that can get one, but multiple? I can't recall any. Celtics all joined stars to get it done in 06. It's not like LeBron is the first to do this.

I honestly don't see how you could argue anybody is better than him right now. It didn't take a ring to prove it to me, but now the ring should be enough to shut everybody up that said he wasn't the best just because he didn't have one. The truly stubborn ones now just want to fall back and complain about refs.

Also, I haven't heard anything about him wanting a parade in Akron, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. You probably heard somebody say it that just made it up.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Kobe's last title he did not have 2 superstars with him, Nowitsky did not lure cp3 and melo with him in dallas to beat the heat last year, that's the point.

We know it takes a team but most team have THE guy and a supporting cast not 3 THE guy...

Okay, first off, you can't say Chris Bosh is a super star and then say Pau Gasol isn't one.

Secondly, I said multiple rings, not one. That's why Dirk had to wait until his 30's to finally get one, because he had to basically do it by himself with a bunch of good role players.

Even then, that team Dirk had last year was 10x the team LeBron ever had in Cleveland.

canadiansbronco
06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Okay, first off, you can't say Chris Bosh is a super star and then say Pau Gasol isn't one.

Secondly, I said multiple rings, not one. That's why Dirk had to wait until his 30's to finally get one, because he had to basically do it by himself with a bunch of good role players.

Even then, that team Dirk had last year was 10x the team LeBron ever had in Cleveland.

Okay then 1 superstar and one star and bosh is better then gassol.

I was never really on the ring argument i just like Kobe better i just really hate the way he left clevland,the decision, teaming up with bosh and wade,the parade,not 1,2,3,4 ect.

The guy doesn't have the champion vibe to me

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Okay then 1 superstar and one star and bosh is better then gassol.

I was never really on the ring argument i just like Kobe better i just really hate the way he left clevland,the decision, teaming up with bosh and wade,the parade,not 1,2,3,4 ect.

The guy doesn't have the champion vibe to me

So what, Kobe getting angry and demanding a trade doesn't phase you? Not him quitting on the Lakers in 06 where his team lost by 31 in game 7 against the Suns and he shot 3 FG's in the 2nd half, making 0, and scoring one point? Everybody is immature and makes mistakes at some point in their life.

swaiy
06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
You guys are running out of straws to grasp. Last year it was he has no rings. Now that he has one, it's: he couldn't do it on his own. You can hate all you want but at the end of the day, he wanted a ring and did what he had to in order to get it. The only people comparing him to MJ and other legends is the media. Who says he wants to be those guys?

I'm almost certain when he started in the league, he set out to start his OWN legacy. You guys can't stand it and it's obvious it bothers you as evident by the posts in this very thread.

http://singlemenforwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2zoktxy.gif

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 02:19 PM
In general it feels like you guys still hating on LeBron for 'being a ******' didn't watch the series/playoffs much. He's said countless times he was immature and played angry last year and he knows he made a mistake with how everything went down. As soon as the game was over last night he went and hugged KD and basically every Thunder player. Even in the 3rd quarter Chalmers was celebrating and dancing to the crowd when they had gone up like 20 or 25 and LeBron went over and told him to cool it and just play ball. Here's the gif if you didn't watch the game.

http://twitpic.com/9z3t2q/full

I can even admit LeBron did some stupid things last year, but to still hate on him when he's obviously turned it around is just too much grudge holding IMO.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Of course you don't think it's rigged.

Your a LeBron fan.

They get more calls then anyone in the NBA, and just won the title.

NBE has been rigged, and will continue to be rigged.

swaiy
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Your a LeBron fan.

Will it still be rigged if someone other than the Heat wins next year?

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 02:35 PM

Like i said, your a LeBron fan, of course you don't think it's rigged.

And Miami got more calls that series, pretty clearly. Westbrook gets killed, no foul, breathe on Wade, he goes to the FT line.

And the other point is fair.

Some stars have teamed up, superstars haven't teamed up in their prime which is what they did. For the supposed best player in the league, people bash him for that.

And yes, the NBE is rigged, it's pretty clear to say that.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Will it still be rigged if someone other than the Heat wins next year?

Yep, the league has always been rigged regardless if they win it, or someone else.

Look no further to LA/Bos in 2010. Game is being called pretty fairly, then the refs go crazy and call foul after foul on Bos.

BroncosFanInPA
06-22-2012, 02:47 PM
The fix was in! :thumb:

swaiy
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I cannot take conspiracy theories seriously. OKC had the same crappy perimeter defense that they used against the Spurs. All the open looks from the 3 that the Spurs got were the same ones the Heat found. The Spurs were just missing those shots.

If they were taking care of business defensively and shooting wise, they wouldn't need calls from the so-called "rigged" NBA

RaiderFanSD
06-22-2012, 03:59 PM
NBE? what's the E?

swaiy
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
NBE? what's the E?

I'm assuming he means E for Entertainment.

InsaneBlaze23
06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Not saying that the Heat game was fixed but the NBA tries it's best to rig things. But don't ask Stern because he'll just turn talking sports into talking about your personal life.*cough Jim Rome cough*

Like I said before OKC got beat because they let Westbrook ball hog the entire series. Like the last shot I believe it was before half time or end of the 3rd. KD was by himself clapping his hands asking for the ball, Westbrook held onto it until the last second, passed it to Ibaka was it?

Still OKC lost because they didn't give their star the ball. James is a beast in the pant, OKC should have forced him outside and forced jumpers. They would have at least had a chance.

OKC shouldn't have had Fisher in on defense, he can't play defense worth a penny.

James still isn't the GOAT, never will be the GOAT. Isn't better than Jordan, never will be better than Jordan. Game over now lets go talk about something important...like football or even soccer.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 04:26 PM

And Miami got more calls that series, pretty clearly. Westbrook gets killed, no foul, breathe on Wade, he goes to the FT line.

Some stars have teamed up, superstars haven't teamed up in their prime which is what they did. For the supposed best player in the league, people bash him for that.

You didn't hear me complaining about a rigged league last year. How does the NBA benefit from the Heat winning? Seriously, somebody explain it. LeBron and the Heat got views because people hated them and wanted to watch LeBron repeatedly lose so they could keep saying he has no ring. Now, he has his ring, and there isn't nearly as much scrutiny on him as there was last year or this year. He has his ring, tons of people will now back off.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Your a LeBron fan.

They get more calls than anyone?

I guess that's why there are 7 teams ahead of them in attempted free throw differential?

1. Denver Nuggets
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Minnesota Timberwolves
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Orlando Magic
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Cleveland Cavaliers
8. Miami Heat

People complain about stuff like this whenever they're sad that somebody they don't like won. How about you just realize the Heat were the better team. I could just as easily say oh OF COURSE you think the league is rigged, you don't like the Heat and they won.

If the league was fixed, other teams would be far more relevant. Like the Knicks, for example. They're a huge market that the NBA would love to be relevant, but they haven't done anything for like 3 decades. If the league was rigged, small market teams like OKC and San Antonio would not have the success they've had. Saying it's rigged and giving nothing to back it up is just a really, really bad argument.

sbxxxiichamps
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI&feature=player_embedded

I figured this is as good a thread as any to throw this in there

Mark Cuban? he understands Lebron

Skip? not so much :D

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Not saying that the Heat game was fixed but the NBA tries it's best to rig things. But don't ask Stern because he'll just turn talking sports into talking about your personal life.*cough Jim Rome cough*

Like I said before OKC got beat because they let Westbrook ball hog the entire series. Like the last shot I believe it was before half time or end of the 3rd. KD was by himself clapping his hands asking for the ball, Westbrook held onto it until the last second, passed it to Ibaka was it?

Still OKC lost because they didn't give their star the ball. James is a beast in the pant, OKC should have forced him outside and forced jumpers. They would have at least had a chance.

OKC shouldn't have had Fisher in on defense, he can't play defense worth a penny.

James still isn't the GOAT, never will be the GOAT. Isn't better than Jordan, never will be better than Jordan. Game over now lets go talk about something important...like football or even soccer.

OKC lost because they gave unreasonable minutes to Perkins and Fisher. Thabo and Collison should have gotten way more time on the court than they did. They should have run the offense through Harden as a facilitator, not a scorer. They play too much iso basketball and have no idea of how to move the ball around. They didn't adjust, and frankly got out coached. Spo is a great coach when it comes to finding matchups and moving guys around the court to exploit team weaknesses. He out coached Brooks. LeBron also vastly outplayed KD. It's very easy to see how the Heat won this series, and it's not because the fix was in. The refs didn't magically carry the ball into the hoop, the Heat won.

Hoserman117
06-22-2012, 04:40 PM

Yeah I saw this earlier today, definitely owned Skip.

swaiy
06-22-2012, 04:52 PM

1. They don't even play the same position
2. That is your opinion and I'll respect that but don't spout it as fact.
3. This is the section to talk about other sports.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 05:03 PM
NBE? what's the E?

Entertainment, at least the WWE admits it's rigged.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 05:05 PM
1. They don't even play the same position
2. That is your opinion and I'll respect that but don't spout it as fact.
3. This is the section to talk about other sports.

LeBron is a great player, arguably the most talented player ever, but.

He'll never pass Jordan, quite frankly no one will.

Jordan was just that good, he's in a league of his own.

And it pretty much is fact, even some huge Heat/LeBron fans i talk too know he'll never touch Jordan. That's no disrespect to LeBron, just respecting the greatness of Jordan.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Fair enough Hoser, you have your opinion, i have mine.

And again, i'm not saying the series was rigged, Miami got more calls, all i said. And yes, Collison/Thabo should of got more minutes over Perk/Fisher. They'll learn from this, and might hoist that trophy next year. Or if Harden showed up, it would of been up 3-1 heading into Game 2 or 2-2 at worst.

I do think certain things in the NBA are rigged, like the lottery, and some games as well.

Just 2 come to mind.

- Hornets get the #1 pick, league owns them, kinda weird.
- Bulls have a slim shot to get the #1 pick. Rose is from Chicago, they win the lottery and get him.

Bronco51
06-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I just want to see a photo of the Cavaliers owner who claimed they would win a title before Lebron.

swaiy
06-22-2012, 05:30 PM
LeBron is a great player, arguably the most talented player ever, but.

He'll never pass Jordan, quite frankly no one will.

Jordan was just that good, he's in a league of his own.

And it pretty much is fact, even some huge Heat/LeBron fans i talk too know he'll never touch Jordan. That's no disrespect to LeBron, just respecting the greatness of Jordan.

That I can respect. :beer:

swaiy
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Fair enough Hoser, you have your opinion, i have mine.

And again, i'm not saying the series was rigged, Miami got more calls, all i said. And yes, Collison/Thabo should of got more minutes over Perk/Fisher. They'll learn from this, and might hoist that trophy next year. Or if Harden showed up, it would of been up 3-1 heading into Game 2 or 2-2 at worst.

I do think certain things in the NBA are rigged, like the lottery, and some games as well.

Just 2 come to mind.

- Hornets get the #1 pick, league owns them, kinda weird.
- Bulls have a slim shot to get the #1 pick. Rose is from Chicago, they win the lottery and get him.

The Saints owner owns the Hornets now. Probably signed a contract saying he would buy the franchise if he got that lottery pick LOL.

The Experience
06-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I have to be honest. Hated LeBron with a passion prior to these playoffs. But I have gained a ton of respect for him. He is a great player.

RealBronco
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM

http://ajsupreme.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mj-laughing.gif

Spice 1
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Stephen A is smarter than I thought. He kept his mouth shut the whole time. Skip walked into a buzz saw. I know what Cuban is saying about generalities, but that show is about entertainment and not analysis. Cuban knows that, but he belittled Skip anyways.

ERoyal248
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't mind Stephen A, he knows his basketball.

And Cuban pretty much destroyed Skip, hilarious.

InsaneBlaze23
06-22-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't mind Stephen A, he knows his basketball.

And Cuban pretty much destroyed Skip, hilarious.

My thought exactly. People always get on Stephen A. but the man knows a lot about Basketball. Skip is just an old fart they wont get rid of because him and Stephen A. bring in views with their MTV arguments.

I watched the video just sitting and laughing. Skip should have just not spoken. This guy owns a NBA team, a team that has won a championship with him as owner. Cuban knows a thing or two about Basketball. Skip should go sit in the corner and talk about James and Tebow, while the real experts talk.

The Experience
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Skip Bayless knows absolutely nothing about Basketball....

and Cuban just proved it.

"What different type of defensive schemes did OKC play?" Skip dodges the question.

"Why do you play a 2-3 Zone?" Skip dodges the question.

RealBronco
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Skip should go sit in the corner and talk about James and Tebow, while the real experts talk.

isn't that all he does anyway?

CoryWinget81
06-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Cuban: All you do is speak in generalities
Skip: No I don't
Skip: the Heat "wanted it more"
Cuban: LOL

// / yardo
06-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Cuban: All you do is speak in generalities
Skip: No I don't
Skip: the Heat "wanted it more"
Cuban: LOL

So hilarious! Bayless is a tool. I can't stand the guy.

RealBronco
06-23-2012, 01:11 AM
I feel like this Skip Bayless ownage video will be viewed by me many a more time in the near future.

so hilarious.

InsaneBlaze23
06-23-2012, 01:38 AM
I love when people put Skip in his place. It happens all the time when Eric Mangenius is on the show. Skip be thinking he know what he talking about, Eric tries to be a nice guy. But he still put Skip back in his corner.

// / yardo
06-23-2012, 01:47 AM
I feel like this Skip Bayless ownage video will be viewed by me many a more time in the near future.

so hilarious.

I watched it three times.

Rollo
06-23-2012, 02:32 AM

Your lost. its rigged? Then how do they know if someoe will make a shot or not? Rigged is a total joke, and your a lost sports fan if you think the NBA is rigged.

You telling me Stern knows if LeBron will hit a certain shot or not because it rigged? please leave this thread if you believe the NBA (NBE, as you masterminds call it) is rigged

JayJack
06-23-2012, 04:49 AM
The NBA is not rigged. There's one stat to prove that (Shot attempts/miss). And although it really doesn't prove a thing, if the NBA was rigged, the Heat and Thunder would be playing in game 7. The longer the season, the more money is made. As far as the foul calls are concern, Miami was the most aggressive team in the playoffs. The more aggressive you are, the more calls you get in your favor.

350legend
06-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Not a James fan Either, How ever i have to give props to his style of play.. Hes a Machine, he scores @ will that he will get from me with that said, To put a Super team together like that i want to see , (like he said) 4, or 5 0r 6 CHIps with that type of team... I think if he does that, i can say ok im sold on the king..

Broncoholic3233
06-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Who cares bout LBJ. Congrats to the Heat.

However, it was more awesome watching Weasle Westbrook cost his team any legit chance the entire series.

Thunder will never win a championship unless they luck out with a really weak east team with Westbrook at the point. Dude is the dumbest basketball player I've ever seen. Plus, he's a tool.

BluenOrnge4Life
06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Scottie Pippen was definitely an incredible player. He's a top 50 player of all time. He's also not the only good-great player MJ played with. It's like people forgot that the Bulls made it to the conference semi-finals both years when MJ went off to play baseball. MJ got knocked out in the first round the first 3 times he made the playoffs. They didn't make progress until he got some teammates. LeBron still hasn't lost in the first round. Cleveland was the worst team in the NBA when he arrived, he single handedly made them a finals contending 60 win team in the time he was there, and then he leaves, and they were again, worst in the NBA, and back to the #1 overall pick. He was the only thing keeping that simply awful franchise afloat. His best teammate was what... Antawn Jamison? Mo Williams perhaps?

Of course MJ wouldn't pair with Magic, MJ had incredible players, Magic had incredible players. They played with hall of famers, more than one. They had no need to do it. Magic won a championship as a rookie on a 60 win team with Kareem, what need is there to move?

LeBron right now is the best scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender on the Heat. The same applied for the last many years in Cleveland. I'm not saying he's better than MJ, but MJ never was never needed to be all those things for his team like has always been asked of LeBron. He was always the best scorer, the guy with the ball in his hands in the clutch, but most of the time Pippen took over the main defensive duties, Rodman/Grant/Pippen were the rebounders, and MJ averaged ~5 assists for his career. I get that Wade is a super star, but LeBron still has to do everything on that team at an elite level for them to win.

Again, I'm not arguing that he's better than Michael, I just think it's ridiculous to knock him with teaming up with Wade. It's not like Kareem didn't change teams. Shaq did. Wilt did. Where's the hate for them switching?

Now you're comparing the eastern conference today to the days of when MJ played? The Eastern conference is overall PATHETICALLY weak. Many years you have teams with losing records making the playoffs... it's a joke.

Again, you Lebron fans are missing the point. I already said MJ had very good players on his team, EVERY championship team does, but he didn't team up with a top 3 player in the league to win a Championship. That's the difference. Michael Jordan made Scotty Pippen. LBJ didn't make Dwayne Wade. He was established and won a title on his own before LBJ ever decided to come to Miami.

Lebron could've recruited some all-stars to Cleveland and it would've been completely different than joining Dwayne Wade in Miami. He didn't, and that will always be the criticism.

Say what you want about LBJ as a defender and in the post, but he will never be able to hit the jumpers like MJ did, especially with the game on the line. I guess that's why he felt he needed to team up with another Superstar.

He's great but long after his career is over, and people aren't caught up in the moment, MJ will still stand apart from Lebron for obvious reasons.

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Who cares bout LBJ. Congrats to the Heat.

However, it was more awesome watching Weasle Westbrook cost his team any legit chance the entire series.

Thunder will never win a championship unless they luck out with a really weak east team with Westbrook at the point. Dude is the dumbest basketball player I've ever seen. Plus, he's a tool.

They'll win a ship with him.

And is it Westbrook's fault Harden played horrible?

If Harden plays any decent game in Games 3/4, it goes back to OKC for a Game 6.

That dumb player is one of 3 players to make 20 shots in an NBA Finals game, the other 2 are MJ and Shaq.

He's 23, and still learning the position, all the greats eventually have to lose to win a title.

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Now you're comparing the eastern conference today to the days of when MJ played? The Eastern conference is overall PATHETICALLY weak. Many years you have teams with losing records making the playoffs... it's a joke.

Again, you Lebron fans are missing the point. I already said MJ had very good players on his team, EVERY championship team does, but he didn't team up with a top 3 player in the league to win a Championship. That's the difference. Michael Jordan made Scotty Pippen. LBJ didn't make Dwayne Wade. He was established and won a title on his own before LBJ ever decided to come to Miami.

Lebron could've recruited some all-stars to Cleveland and it would've been completely different than joining Dwayne Wade in Miami. He didn't, and that will always be the criticism.

Say what you want about LBJ as a defender and in the post, but he will never be able to hit the jumpers like MJ did, especially with the game on the line. I guess that's why he felt he needed to team up with another Superstar.

He's great but long after his career is over, and people aren't caught up in the moment, MJ will still stand apart from Lebron for obvious reasons.

Great post, CP.

InsaneBlaze23
06-23-2012, 11:08 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m368jmWKZO1rpznnqo1_500.png

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/AuVtkAGCAAE_Art.jpg-large.jpeg

http://nballin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/SSWS-Russel_Westbrooke_R_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85.jpg

Broncoholic3233
06-23-2012, 12:11 PM
They'll win a ship with him.

And is it Westbrook's fault Harden played horrible?

If Harden plays any decent game in Games 3/4, it goes back to OKC for a Game 6.

That dumb player is one of 3 players to make 20 shots in an NBA Finals game, the other 2 are MJ and Shaq.

He's 23, and still learning the position, all the greats eventually have to lose to win a title.

Who the hell cares if he made 20 shots.

Look up the Lakers record when Kobe takes more than 20 shots a game. It's horrible compared to when he doesn't.

It's a team game. Weasle is all about himself. Doesn't realize he has a top two player next to him. He wants to be the star and it costs his team.

He's a complete moron. He doesn't player point guard well at all. IF he learns he's not a shooting guard and how to utilize Durant. They'll be extremely good.

But he's arrogant, cocky and all about himself. Don't like his chances.

swaiy
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM

Dan Gilbert owns that team and showed no willingness to bring in any help that would cost him money. He rode LBJ into the ground and got what he deserved. No players were coming to Cleveland because no one was going to pay them there. The way I see it is, either play your career in Cleveland and never win or ring --or-- team up with other stars (WHO ARE CLOSE FRIENDS) and win more than one ring before you're on the back side of your career.

Also, of course he'll never be the shooter that MJ was. That's not his game anyway. In fact, he's not even a shooting guard. LBJ will have his own legacy and it won't be a bad thing that Jordans still stands a part from him when it's all said and done. To be able to play all 5 positions and defend them at the level he plays is greatness in itself.

Yakka27
06-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Dear LeBron Lovers

It's one ring, lets not act like he's the GOAT now because of it.

JayJack
06-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Some of y'all are just unbelievable. Trying to discredit King James because he joined forces with Wade is just stupid. If you are a Lakers fan, you'd have no problem with James joining Kobe, same thing applies if you're a Bulls, Nuggets, Spurs, Magic, or Hornets fan when Chris Paul was there, or who ever your team is.

Just be honest with yourself, some of y'all are mad because when LBJ decided to go to Miami, if you're a fan of a EC team, you realized that you don't have a snowball chance in hell of making it to the finals. If you're a fan of a WC team, you realized that your chances of winning a Championship became real slim

What I find real funny is that some of y'all are fabricating the truth. Now that James has joined Wade, all of a sudden Wade is a top 3-5 player in the league. Oh what i'd give to see your top 5 list before the decision. I fully believe that Wade wouldn't have been on alot of peoples list. Top 10, no doubt, top 5? and to go as far as saying top 3...LOL. I'm willing to bet that most peoples top 5 before the decision looked very similar to this, and in no particular order: Lebron, Durant, Chris Paul, Kobe, and Dwight Howard.

Oh well, keep crying, THE KING GOT HIS RING!!!

swaiy
06-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Dear LeBron Lovers

It's one ring, lets not act like he's the GOAT now because of it.

When he didn't have a ring, it was okay to discredit him and laugh at all those who thought he is great. Now that he has the ring and the people that said he couldn't get one look stupid, we have posts like these: telling people to calm down.

C'mon MAN!

canadiansbronco
06-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Some of y'all are just unbelievable. Trying to discredit King James because he joined forces with Wade is just stupid. If you are a Lakers fan, you'd have no problem with James joining Kobe, same thing applies if you're a Bulls, Nuggets, Spurs, Magic, or Hornets fan when Chris Paul was there, or who ever your team is.

Just be honest with yourself, some of y'all are mad because when LBJ decided to go to Miami, if you're a fan of a EC team, you realized that you don't have a snowball chance in hell of making it to the finals. If you're a fan of a WC team, you realized that your chances of winning a Championship became real slim

What I find real funny is that some of y'all are fabricating the truth. Now that James has joined Wade, all of a sudden Wade is a top 3-5 player in the league. Oh what i'd give to see your top 5 list before the decision. I fully believe that Wade wouldn't have been on alot of peoples list. Top 10, no doubt, top 5? and to go as far as saying top 3...LOL. I'm willing to bet that most peoples top 5 before the decision looked very similar to this, and in no particular order: Lebron, Durant, Chris Paul, Kobe, and Dwight Howard.

Nothing you can say changes the fact that he did it wich is low,weak move. Wade as always been a top 10 player in the league so does not change.

The bolded part wich is true makes the NBA a joke, i am not a fan but i know that heat will probably make it to the finals every year for a couple of years wich sucks for a sport fan.

Spyder
06-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Some of you people have no clue about the game of basketball and base the majority of your opinions on irrelevant stats from the past that make very little, to absolutely NO difference in the game that is played today.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who compares LBJ to MJ is stupid. They played an ENTIRELY different type of game and the only ones who try to compare the two just so happen to be the media and people with an obvious dislike for James. LBJ is most comparable to Magic Johnson. Players, who psychically, could play all 5 positions on the court and do it at an All Star level. People are so blinded with hate for this man that they sometimes go as far as to discredit every single thing he does. Last year it was all the jokes about his vanishing act in the 4thQ against Dallas, this year it's, "well, it's only one ring," or "he'll never be MJ."

It's at the point where some people will just never give the man the credit he deserves. People don't like him for whatever reason and that will NEVER change. Oh, by the way, there's been a LOT worse things athletes in any given sport have done than "The Decision." I can name about 4-5 just off of the top of my head. So using that as a valid excuse to hate the guy is pretty silly. Had he announced his intentions to stay in Cleveland, I can promise you that 95% of his haters wouldn't have had a problem with it being televised. It was the fact that he left that dump for somewhere half way decent that angers so many small market, small town American people.

Everyone here knows I'm a Lakers and Kobe fan but hell, I can only begin to tell you how much drama went on in LA after Shaq was traded. Kobe requested a trade 2-3 times UNLESS another All Star caliber player was brought in. He knew he couldn't do it alone. LBJ realized it. Everyone realizes it. Every team who has ever won a Championship has had All Star players, a great supporting cast, something James had NOTHING of in Cleveland.

The hate for this man is insane, really. Especially considering the love for so many athletes around the world of sports who have done FAR worst things than LBJ ever did on or off the court.

JayJack
06-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Nothing you can say changes the fact that he did it wich is low,weak move. Wade as always been a top 10 player in the league so does not change.

The bolded part wich is true makes the NBA a joke, i am not a fan but i know that heat will probably make it to the finals every year for a couple of years wich sucks for a sport fan.

IMO, it's not a low/weak move, but you're entitled to your opinion. Fact of the matter is, the Cavs had 7yrs to get Lebron some help, and they didn't. I don't blame him one bit for leaving. When Kobe struggled without Shaq, the Lakers went and got Gasol (finals 1st year, CHAMPIONSHIP THE NEXT). And later a couple of years later, they got Metta World Peace to help them defensively (CHAMPIONSHIP). Pat Riley went and got Shaq for D. Wade (CHAMPIONSHIP), Boston went and got Garnett and Ray Allen for Pierce (CHAMPIONSHIP). What moves did Cleveland make to help out LeBron? Hell, what has Orlando done to help Howard?

Let me ask you a question. What would've been your opinion about Chris Paul if Stern would've allowed the trade to happen between the Hornets and Lakers? Paul wanted to be a Laker, but he wanted out of New Orleans for obvious reasons.

canadiansbronco
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
IMO, it's not a low/weak move, but you're entitled to your opinion. Fact of the matter is, the Cavs had 7yrs to get Lebron some help, and they didn't. I don't blame him one bit for leaving. When Kobe struggled without Shaq, the Lakers went and got Gasol (finals 1st year, CHAMPIONSHIP THE NEXT). And later a couple of years later, they got Metta World Peace to help them defensively (CHAMPIONSHIP). Pat Riley went and got Shaq for D. Wade (CHAMPIONSHIP), Boston went and got Garnett and Ray Allen for Pierce (CHAMPIONSHIP). What moves did Cleveland make to help out LeBron? Hell, what has Orlando done to help Howard?

Let me ask you a question. What would've been your opinion about Chris Paul if Stern would've allowed the trade to happen between the Hornets and Lakers? Paul wanted to be a Laker, but he wanted out of New Orleans for obvious reasons.

The whole thing doesnt feel champion to me it just ticks me off. You would not see this in hockey. The thing is they got wade AND Bosh i would of been fine with
only one.

As for youre question it would have been a little more acceptable but it still one of the thing wrong with the NBA.

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Who the hell cares if he made 20 shots.

Look up the Lakers record when Kobe takes more than 20 shots a game. It's horrible compared to when he doesn't.

It's a team game. Weasle is all about himself. Doesn't realize he has a top two player next to him. He wants to be the star and it costs his team.

He's a complete moron. He doesn't player point guard well at all. IF he learns he's not a shooting guard and how to utilize Durant. They'll be extremely good.

But he's arrogant, cocky and all about himself. Don't like his chances.

We'll see, that is your opinion.

I certainly like their chances considerning none of their top players have even hit their prime yet. And yes, he does shoot too much. The top 4 players on that team are 22-23 :eek:

Time will tell :salute:

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM

Wade has always been a top 5-10 player even before LBJ went to Miami. THat still doesn't change the fact he joined superstars.

You don't see this in other sports.

You don't see AP, Calvin, and Rodgers team up.

Or Pujols, Verlander, and Kemp team up.

And so on, pretty much what they did which is why some people don't like it.

Some players join, but two top 5 players in the league, along with a top 15 or so player in Bosh, all in their prime has rarely if ever happened.

Wade is borderline top 5, you can argue he is or not, but it's a discussion.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Some of you people have no clue about the game of basketball and base the majority of your opinions on irrelevant stats from the past that make very little, to absolutely NO difference in the game that is played today.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who compares LBJ to MJ is stupid. They played an ENTIRELY different type of game and the only ones who try to compare the two just so happen to be the media and people with an obvious dislike for James. LBJ is most comparable to Magic Johnson. Players, who psychically, could play all 5 positions on the court and do it at an All Star level. People are so blinded with hate for this man that they sometimes go as far as to discredit every single thing he does. Last year it was all the jokes about his vanishing act in the 4thQ against Dallas, this year it's, "well, it's only one ring," or "he'll never be MJ."

It's at the point where some people will just never give the man the credit he deserves. People don't like him for whatever reason and that will NEVER change. Oh, by the way, there's been a LOT worse things athletes in any given sport have done than "The Decision." I can name about 4-5 just off of the top of my head. So using that as a valid excuse to hate the guy is pretty silly. Had he announced his intentions to stay in Cleveland, I can promise you that 95% of his haters wouldn't have had a problem with it being televised. It was the fact that he left that dump for somewhere half way decent that angers so many small market, small town American people.

Everyone here knows I'm a Lakers and Kobe fan but hell, I can only begin to tell you how much drama went on in LA after Shaq was traded. Kobe requested a trade 2-3 times UNLESS another All Star caliber player was brought in. He knew he couldn't do it alone. LBJ realized it. Everyone realizes it. Every team who has ever won a Championship has had All Star players, a great supporting cast, something James had NOTHING of in Cleveland.

The hate for this man is insane, really. Especially considering the love for so many athletes around the world of sports who have done FAR worst things than LBJ ever did on or off the court.

Excellent post.

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 05:36 PM
IMO, it's not a low/weak move, but you're entitled to your opinion. Fact of the matter is, the Cavs had 7yrs to get Lebron some help, and they didn't. I don't blame him one bit for leaving. When Kobe struggled without Shaq, the Lakers went and got Gasol (finals 1st year, CHAMPIONSHIP THE NEXT). And later a couple of years later, they got Metta World Peace to help them defensively (CHAMPIONSHIP). Pat Riley went and got Shaq for D. Wade (CHAMPIONSHIP), Boston went and got Garnett and Ray Allen for Pierce (CHAMPIONSHIP).

See, at least those teams traded key assets for some of those players.

- LA traded Marc Gasol who you could argue is better then Pau right now plus a few others.
- Boston traded a lottery pick and Al Jefferson for Allen and KG, but neither of them were prime prime like the Miami top 3 are. They had maybe 2-3 prime years when they joined, would of won a 2nd title together had Perkins not gone down in Game 6.
- Miami traded a few picks which was essentially useless since they will pick around 27-30 every year.

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Of course he would never win it alone, but not many if any top player joined two superstars or stars all in their primes at the same time.

It would be like Bird, Magic, and Kareem teaming up.

Well said for the most part.

Dirk didn't have a 2nd star last year, but that was a rare occurance since now you pretty much need 2-3 stars.

ChrisKamanowns
06-23-2012, 05:45 PM
The majority of the hate are Ohio/Cavaliers fans. I am not a fan of Ohio so more power to the guy.

LbloodOjunkieG
06-23-2012, 06:03 PM

LeBron did try to recruit players. It's not his fault nobody wants to play in Cleveland. I don't understand what people expect LeBron to do? Did you want him to stay in Cleveland and waste away his prime like Kevin Garnett(my all-time favorite player) in Minnesota? Maybe LeBron didn't want to turn out to be another Garnett. Or did you guys want him to look at Miami and say to himself "Nah, they have enough good players, I'm not going there". It just makes no sense to me for hating on him for leaving, unless of course you are a Cleveland fan.

Spyder
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Of course he would never win it alone, but not many if any top player joined two superstars or stars all in their primes at the same time.

It would be like Bird, Magic, and Kareem teaming up.

Well said for the most part.

Dirk didn't have a 2nd star last year, but that was a rare occurance since now you pretty much need 2-3 stars.

The thing is though both those Celtics and Lakers teams were already loaded from top to bottom. Kevin McHale was an amazing player who was at times VERY underrated as a player simply because he played with Bird. Robert Parish is one of the greatest big men to ever play the game. His shooting ability from outside for a big guy was almost unheard of at the time, especially from a natural Center. All three of those guys are top 50 NBA Greats of all time.

Kareem and Magic, well very little needs to be said there. Throw in James Worthy, Bob McAdoo and several other key supporting players, both those teams were loaded. There was no need to pair anyone up or anything like that.

Look at Cleveland's teams from 2003-2010. Who can you honestly say was the best player next to James? Antawn Jamison? Please. Mo Williams was solid but that's about it. Zydrunas Ilgauskas was nothing, Anderson Varejao is alright but he got exposed every time he went against an upper echelon Forward, Delonte West probably shouldn't even be in the league.

It's still a thing of amazement that the Cavs even made it to the Finals back in 2007.

It really adds up if you think about it. I don't blame James for leaving for one moment. As the user above me stated, KG wasted so many good years in Minnesota, others throughout the league's history could say the exact same thing.

Your point about Dirk is true, but lets be honest, how many people had given up on Dirk and the Mavs as a whole before last season? They had so many good to great regular seasons only to be totally useless every time the post season came around. Just about any NBA fan would tell you it was sort of a shocker that Dallas even made it to the Finals last year much less to win it.

ERoyal248
06-23-2012, 07:03 PM
The thing is though both those Celtics and Lakers teams were already loaded from top to bottom. Kevin McHale was an amazing player who was at times VERY underrated as a player simply because he played with Bird. Robert Parish is one of the greatest big men to ever play the game. His shooting ability from outside for a big guy was almost unheard of at the time, especially from a natural Center. All three of those guys are top 50 NBA Greats of all time.

Kareem and Magic, well very little needs to be said there. Throw in James Worthy, Bob McAdoo and several other key supporting players, both those teams were loaded. There was no need to pair anyone up or anything like that.

Look at Cleveland's teams from 2003-2010. Who can you honestly say was the best player next to James? Antawn Jamison? Please. Mo Williams was solid but that's about it. Zydrunas Ilgauskas was nothing, Anderson Varejao is alright but he got exposed every time he went against an upper echelon Forward, Delonte West probably shouldn't even be in the league.

It's still a thing of amazement that the Cavs even made it to the Finals back in 2007.

It really adds up if you think about it. I don't blame James for leaving for one moment. As the user above me stated, KG wasted so many good years in Minnesota, others throughout the league's history could say the exact same thing.

Your point about Dirk is true, but lets be honest, how many people had given up on Dirk and the Mavs as a whole before last season? They had so many good to great regular seasons only to be totally useless every time the post season came around. Just about any NBA fan would tell you it was sort of a shocker that Dallas even made it to the Finals last year much less to win it.

Yes, those Lakers/C's teams were loaded top to bottom.

The KG/LeBron comparison is fair. I think KG told him when they beat him in 2010 don't be like me and waste your prime playing basically as the only top player on your team. I don't blame him at all for leaving, i just didn't like him teaming up with 2 superstars.

And yeah, it was a rare thing when Dallas won. Their zone defense gave them fits last year, but if they didn't choke away Game 2, they would of won the Finals. That was pretty much a team Finals win since Dirk was the only star.

JayJack
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
See, at least those teams traded key assets for some of those players.

- LA traded Marc Gasol who you could argue is better then Pau right now plus a few others.
- Boston traded a lottery pick and Al Jefferson for Allen and KG, but neither of them were prime prime like the Miami top 3 are. They had maybe 2-3 prime years when they joined, would of won a 2nd title together had Perkins not gone down in Game 6.
- Miami traded a few picks which was essentially useless since they will pick around 27-30 every year.

Regardless to who the Lakers and Celtics traded to get Pau, Garnett, and Allen, the fact is, they did what they had to do to get their "Stars or Superstars" some help. What did Gilbert do for LeBron? Ok, so what LeBron teamed up with Wade and Bosh, big deal. And honestly, Boston was dominating the East, which is why LeBron and Wade decided to join forces. Both of them admitted that they couldn't do it by themselves. Like you said, Boston could've won a 2nd Championship if Perkins didn't go down, and who knows, they could've had possibly 3 if KG didn't get injured.

I see the big argument is that LeBron joined forces with 2 superstars. Really, that doesn't mean crap to me. When Boston aquired KG, he was arguably the best Forward (atleast top 3 in the League) Allen was hands down the best 3pt shooter in the league (and still is), but for some strange reason, that gets overlooked. These pass 2 yrs, due to injury, Wade has been a "Superstar" by name alone. He hasn't been the superstar that everybody claiming he is at the moment. But for the sake of trying to make their point, people are fabricating the truth.

I said it before and I stand by it, whoever is mad that LeBron joined forces with the Heat, is the same people that would've be overjoyed to have him with their team. Fact is, people are upset because if you're a fan of a EC team, you know that you don't have a snowball chance in hell in winning the East, and if you're a fan of a WC team, you've realized that your chances of winning a Chip is slim.