PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Rockies vs Nationals

CinnaMunMun
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Rockies vs. Nationals!

Francis vs Strasburg
Friedrich vs Gonzales
Outman vs I don't know
And Guthrie most likely capping the series.

White was optioned today and Putnam was called up. Guthrie will most likely will take the spot, but Moscoso is also an option.

Pomeranz is close to returning but would be on short rest so he will likely make 1 more start.

Nicasio is throwing to live hitters and Chacin is throwing BP.

CinnaMunMun
06-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I'll just keep posting in here by myself. :laugh:

Rox win, Francis pitched well, offense did enough versus fire-baller Strasburg, and bullpen was outstanding as usual.

Scutaro had to leave the game after being hit in the head by Strasburg with a 95mph heater. One hopes it wasn't intentional after Espinosa was hit by Francis twice. He might have to hit the concussion DL.

With the game at 100 degrees, it marked the hottest game for a Coors field start in its history.

When Roenicke pitched to Ian Desmond, it marked the first time a person pitched to a brother-in-law in MLB history.

Francis has given up 3 runs in 10 innings with his last two starts.

Nelson now has 10 RBI in his last 9 games, and Pacheco had his hitting streak snapped.

Atwnbroncfan
06-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Glad to get that W. But I am hating this 4 man 75 pitch rotation. Francis was pitching good tonight and to out him after 66 pitches and 2 runs? Come on.

CinnaMunMun
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Glad to get that W. But I am hating this 4 man 75 pitch rotation. Francis was pitching good tonight and to out him after 66 pitches and 2 runs? Come on.

Yea, I think we all will be glad when this thing is over.

I even had a dream last night we made the playoffs after getting Chacin, Nicasio, and DLR back :laugh:

I'm also glad for Francis. He probably isn't in the Rockies plans in the future, but he is doing well enough to get himself another shot with a major league team.

The Experience
06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Looks like it will be Edwar Cabrera tomorrow.....

Broncoholic3233
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Eh. I went yesterday. Francis still blows. Sorry Cinny, he does. We need fireballers not his weak ass arm.

At the game today. Good call with Moscoso Tracy, and yanking Friedrich so early when going back to 5 man rotation. Lol.

Going next two games also. Gonna suck. Of that I'm sure. We suck.

At least CarGo doing work as usual. GO CARGO!!

Broncoholic3233
06-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Can't forget my boy Dex! So improved from the past. Better re-sign him.

Blondie79
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Well, the new rotation seems to be working well... this team blows.

Broncoholic3233
06-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Might as well leave now. They pulled CarGo.

Atwnbroncfan
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Can't forget my boy Dex! So improved from the past. Better re-sign him.

Improved absolutely. Still inconsistent as hell? Yup. Being the player we were trying to develop? Debatable. The organization thought he would become the sure lead off guy. He has been developing into more of a power 2 hole hitter. I'd rather him be a great lead off hitter rather than a power hitter he seems to trying to develop into. But eh, that's just me. Nonetheless, tread carefully in the contract negotiations.

Bronco51
06-26-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL!! The 850 KOA crew said that Friedrichs showed some promise. How long do we have to listen to these guys tell us that patience will pay off?

CinnaMunMun
06-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Eh. I went yesterday. Francis still blows. Sorry Cinny, he does. We need fireballers not his weak ass arm.

At the game today. Good call with Moscoso Tracy, and yanking Friedrich so early when going back to 5 man rotation. Lol.

Going next two games also. Gonna suck. Of that I'm sure. We suck.

At least CarGo doing work as usual. GO CARGO!!

Francis isn't my hero by any means, you can dislike him :laugh:

I just think he is a nice stopgap for now, just in case a miracle happens. He isn't in the future plans for us with the young guys we have, plus DLR.

Yea I was at tonight's game and everyone was shaking their heads at Friedrich getting yanked early. Not a fun game at all.

CinnaMunMun
06-26-2012, 10:33 PM
LOL!! The 850 KOA crew said that Friedrichs showed some promise. How long do we have to listen to these guys tell us that patience will pay off?

Sadly until something changes, and the Monforts won't change a thing while they are selling 37k seats on a Tuesday against the Nationals. I could not believe how packed it was tonight.

Oddly enough, we all go to games because we are pretty die hard fans, but it feels like attendance is really high this year despite the absolute suckage. Usually casual fans stop going by now.

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Half our fans are idiots. Sad but true. Go for drinks, the wave and fun. Not baseball or winning.

40k last night. 36k tonight. Monforts making bank. No changes.

Atwnbroncfan
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Half our fans are idiots. Sad but true. Go for drinks, the wave and fun. Not baseball or winning.

40k last night. 36k tonight. Monforts making bank. No changes.

Im confused by this. Are people supposed to go to Rockies games and be miserable because they are losing? This is entertainment. People are not going to spend their money to not have fun. And I 100% disagree that people are not going for Baseball. Colorado is a huge baseball state, The vast majority of fans are going for baseball. Are there a few who go for the experience and Lodo? Sure. But who cares, it happens in every sport to every team.

Because there is no salary cap or revenue sharing in Baseball we need attendance. If we stop showing up we won't be able to afford improvement.

As for the wave every stadium does it. Is it stupid? Very much so, but everyone does it. I was at Fenway for a Yankees-Red Sox game and even the precious Res Sox fans were doing the wave.

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Improved absolutely. Still inconsistent as hell? Yup. Being the player we were trying to develop? Debatable. The organization thought he would become the sure lead off guy. He has been developing into more of a power 2 hole hitter. I'd rather him be a great lead off hitter rather than a power hitter he seems to trying to develop into. But eh, that's just me. Nonetheless, tread carefully in the contract negotiations.

He's batting leadoff just fine lol.

.282 avg, 10 HR, 7 double, 8 triples, 34 RBI, 33 walks, .380 OBP

That's not inconsistent. Aside from starting slow, I don't recall any inconsistency from him. That's solid in my book. He's been very good this year IMO

CinnaMunMun
06-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Angel Hernandez is once again showing why he (and his crew) are the worst in baseball.

Two blown calls, possibly leading to runs taken off.

CinnaMunMun
06-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Good pitch by Cabrera, but Zimmerman was looking for it. 5-0 Nats.

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Catch the damn ball Nelson.

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Atta boy cargo

CinnaMunMun
06-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Atta boy cargo

Ugh, at the game yesterday some guys behind me were saying how Cargo was just jogging for the ball......on the two HRs.

I wanted to choke them.

Broncoholic3233
06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Ugh, at the game yesterday some guys behind me were saying how Cargo was just jogging for the ball......on the two HRs.

I wanted to choke them.

CarGo has a lot of haters out there.

It really is humorous.

Bronco51
06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
As a fan, and this being the year of the fan, they should do the Taco Bell promotion for ANY team that scores 7 runs or more. That way I could sit through these beatings and get something from it.

DenverBlood
06-28-2012, 06:50 AM
As a fan, and this being the year of the fan, they should do the Taco Bell promotion for ANY team that scores 7 runs or more. That way I could sit through these beatings and get something from it.

I do agree they need to upgrade that deal. I was listening to one of the games on XM Radio while the Rockies were in Texas this past weekend. They give 50% off an entire online order to Papa Johns. Papa Johns isn't great by any means but it's decent pizza and you save a whole heck of a lot more to feed a big group than simply getting just tacos for the Rockies games.

Broncoholic3233
06-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Damn, almost a granny for Colvin.

CarGo thought the dude threw the ball on the last play, or it would've been. :(

Broncoholic3233
06-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Woohoo here comes the Rockies pitching we all love!

Broncoholic3233
06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Gotta love pulling the pitcher after 3 innings. This is brilliant Tracy! Why don't more teams do it!?

Bronco51
06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I feel like one of the starting pitchers. I can't make it thru the 5th inning either. Gonna head for the doors. But at least we get tacos.