Av's sign Four Free Agents on opening day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeNbake
    Baby Football Mod
    • Jul 2008

[Avs] Av's sign Four Free Agents on opening day.

P. A. Parenteau has agreed to a four-year/$16 million deal with the Colorado Avalanche.
    Parenteau had 18 goals and 67 points in 80 games in 2011-12. There's some that fear that he'll regress without John Tavares, but we think he'll easily surpass the 50-point mark if he stays healthy. Parenteau should get plenty of playing time with the man advantage and on one of the Avalanche's top two lines.

Greg Zanon has inked a two-year/$4.5 million contract with the Colorado Avalanche.
    Zanon had three goals and eight points in 56 games with the Minnesota Wild and Boston Bruins in 2011-12. He's a good defensive defenseman, but he doesn't have much offensive upside.

The Colorado Avalanche have signed former New York Ranger center John Mitchell to a two-year/$2.2 million contract.
    Mitchell had only one assist in 18 playoff games with the Rangers after scoring five goals and 16 points in 63 regular season games. He is a bottom six forward with little fantasy value.

The Colorado Avalanche signed winger Bryan Lerg to a one-year, two-way contract.
    Lerg spent the last two seasons with the Pittsburgh Penguins' AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The forward hasn't seen NHL action in his hockey career just yet.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho
  • Frenchy180
    Football Immortal
    • Oct 2008

I'm interested to see what we do tomorrow/today...
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• JakeNbake
      Baby Football Mod
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
      I'm interested to see what we do tomorrow/today...
      Me too. Though I'm thinking the Parenteau signing may be the biggest move we make this free agency unless some sort of trade is made.
      sigpic

Comment

• JakeNbake
        Baby Football Mod
        • Jul 2008

Parenteau is a very good player though. He should help our Offense quite a bit. I'm very excited for what this young team has done so far.

We've re-signed some good players and signed a player with 50 assists last year.

Hopefully we can re-sign McGinn as well. He came on strong when he was traded. We could really use his production again this year.
        sigpic

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
          #OrangeandBlue #PFM
          • Jan 2010

Re-sign Landeskog, now.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Frenchy180
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            Re-sign Landeskog, now.
            Uh... If I'm not mistaken he's under contract for a few more years of a rookie deal... could be wrong though.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• JakeNbake
              Baby Football Mod
              • Jul 2008

The Colorado Avalanche signed forward Bill Thomas to a one-year, two-way deal.
              Thomas is a guy most likely to fill out the team's minor league ranks, but he does have some experience at the NHL level. In 80 career NHL games, the 29-year-old forward has 15 goals and 12 assists for 27 points.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X