PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] Rockies vs Nationals

CinnaMunMun
07-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Rockies vs Nationals, part II!

Tonight is Pomeranz vs Strasburg.

Strasburg gave up 3 runs, 2 earned, in 6 innings due to two Colvin bombs.

Pomeranz pitched 6 1/3 of one-hit ball and seemed to only come out due to fatigue from the heat.

Oh and Fowler has a deep blast!

CinnaMunMun
07-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Colvin is short by about 5 feet from having his 3rd bomb of the night.

Brothers struggled, but Betancourt came in and shut it down.

Pomeranz was a big hero tonight as well. His ERA is now 3.06 after his two scoreless games. He had 6 strikeouts and had even more shattered bats tonight. The guy seems to have clicked. Nieves also did an amazing job coaching him, something that goes under-appreciated.

Atwnbroncfan
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Colvin is an everyday player now. So naturally Tracy isn't going to let him be one.

Broncoholic3233
07-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Colvin is an everyday player now. So naturally Tracy isn't going to let him be one.
That's actually a tough spot. Where do you put him?

Fowler has been great. CarGo is an MVP canidate on a 100 loss team. Cuddyer has been good. Colvin has been great.

4 outfielders, 3 spots. Only place is 1st. So will he bench Todd for an extended time? We'll see...but Colvin definitely deserves to be starting somewhere. Can he pitch???

The Experience
07-06-2012, 09:10 PM
That's actually a tough spot. Where do you put him?

Fowler has been great. CarGo is an MVP canidate on a 100 loss team. Cuddyer has been good. Colvin has been great.

4 outfielders, 3 spots. Only place is 1st. So will he bench Todd for an extended time? We'll see...but Colvin definitely deserves to be starting somewhere. Can he pitch???
I honestly would trade Cuddyer. I like him a lot but I like Colvin more, and he is much cheaper.

CinnaMunMun
07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I honestly would trade Cuddyer. I like him a lot but I like Colvin more, and he is much cheaper.

They see Cuddy as the 1B when Helton retires, plus teams aren't going to be jumping at his $10 mil/year contract without us eating a portion of it, and we all know how much the Monforts love money.

Crazy idea: trade Colvin. His value is gigantic, he is cheap, he is young, and we have two OF ready to hit the bigs any day now (Blackmon and Wheeler). We might be able to get a decent #2/3 pitcher for him.

DenverBlood
07-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Don't like the idea of trading Colvin. How about move Cuddy to first and make Colvin a full time outfielder. Upgrades offensively at two positions. I love Helton but he probably doesn't have long left anyway. Maybe we can at least be like the Yankees and out score the bad pitching until pitching improves.

Gotta get a .300+ hitter with 13 hr's permanently in the lineup though. 13 HR's and in way fewer at bats than most of the league leaders.

Broncoholic3233
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd actually prefer Colvin at first. If he could actually learn the craft their from Todd, we'd have our future 1st basemen for years to come with his youth.

Then Cuddy could play out the remainder of his contract or career depending what we do with him in a couple years in RF. Then wheeler or Blackmon in the future.

I too hate the idea of trading Colvin. Especially cuz we'll prob try to get a soft tossing lefty or righty for him...not a fireballer.

Bronco51
07-07-2012, 12:34 PM
You don't trade Colvin. You semi retire Helton and let him play every 6 to 8 games or pinch hit. They need to keep guys who could be playing three years from now. Colvin could be great.

The Experience
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM
You don't trade Colvin. You semi retire Helton and let him play every 6 to 8 games or pinch hit. They need to keep guys who could be playing three years from now. Colvin could be great.

Trade Giambi and give Helton Giambi's role.

Blondie79
07-07-2012, 02:16 PM
If we traded colvin i would be pee'd lol - love this guy

BroncoFanBoy
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
I would only trade Colvin if I got a couple of King Ransoms for him.

CinnaMunMun
07-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I would only trade Colvin if I got a couple of King Ransoms for him.

Yea me too, I just wanted to see everyone else thoughts. Experience's idea of trading Giambi might be the best option right now. A team could use him, he is wasting a spot here, and it keeps Helton until he retires.

If forced to, who would you guys trade: Colvin or Fowler?

Broncoholic3233
07-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Yea me too, I just wanted to see everyone else thoughts. Experience's idea of trading Giambi might be the best option right now. A team could use him, he is wasting a spot here, and it keeps Helton until he retires.

Colvin.

Tenchar

Atwnbroncfan
07-08-2012, 12:56 PM

It depends on the offer. If a team is willing to offer a lot for either your trade them. But you don't just give up one for lesser value because you have the other. Dexter would comman more, but you give him up and our lineup doesn't have enough speed.

So long story short Colvin probably, unless some team puts a great offering for Dexter.

HUMCALC
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Congratulations on the win, guys

Broncoholic3233
07-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Met Dexter Fowler last night in Vegas. So....that was epic. Awesome dude.