PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Berry arrested.....AGAIN

one5beast
07-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Lions cornerback Aaron Berry has been arrested on three counts of simple assault, his second arrest this year and the Lions’ seventh arrest this year.

We noted on Saturday night that a league source confirmed there was some truth to rumors of Berry being in legal trouble, and on Sunday morning the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Police Department confirmed to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press that Berry was arrested.

The police told Birkett that there was a firearm involved in the incident. Although few details have been provided yet, the charges Berry faces seem to match what was posted on a Dolphins fans’ message board, describing an incident involving three victims who had a gun pointed at them by Berry.

Berry, who was also arrested in Harrisburg in June, that time for drunk driving, is likely facing a suspension from the NFL after his second arrest of the offseason. Berry is projected as a starting cornerback in the Lions’ defense.

The other Lions arrested this year have been Nick Fairley (once for drunk driving and once for marijuana possession), Mikel Leshoure (twice for marijuana possession) and Johnny Culbreath (once for marijuana possession).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/22/lions-aaron-berry-arrested-on-three-counts-of-simple-assault/

a month ago.......

“I want to offer a sincere apology to the Lions organization, Lions fans, the coaches and all my teammates for my actions this past weekend,” Berry said. “This is not the example I want to set for young people and it’s certainly not what my team and coaches expect from me. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I understand these are just words and it will be my future actions that ultimately will speak for me.”

Remedy
07-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Jeez Louise.... just makes you shake your head..

InsaneBlaze23
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
I seriously think either Detroit needs a new head coach or Jim needs to stop trying to be these fools friend and lay down the law.

Dirty Bird
07-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Suspension without pay, and Detroit's training camp should be moved to the state prison.

InsaneBlaze23
07-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Suspension without pay, and Detroit's training camp should be moved to the state prison.

Wont be enough room....

BroncoFanNC
07-23-2012, 08:44 AM
They (the Lions) just released him.

dizzolve
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
This is case in point for the argument:

Life ain't fair - not even in a union controlled NFL.

Here's a guy who can't keep out of trouble but his draft status wasn't great enough to find reasons to keep him around. Instead he's made an example of.

Says right in the article how Nick Fairley was arrested 2wice but he's still got a job!

Better believe this is how it works in all walks of life and profession.

......think I read somewhere on these boards that we're not far behind in arrests. is that true?

:logo:

#24 Next Champ
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
This is case in point for the argument:

Life ain't fair - not even in a union controlled NFL.

Here's a guy who can't keep out of trouble but his draft status wasn't great enough to find reasons to keep him around. Instead he's made an example of.

Says right in the article how Nick Fairley was arrested 2wice but he's still got a job!

Better believe this is how it works in all walks of life and profession.

......think I read somewhere on these boards that we're not far behind in arrests. is that true?

:logo:

Since 2000 we're like 3rd in arrests...

And while I agree that life isn't fair ...difference between Fairley and Berry is Fairley didn't aim a gun at 3 people ...

Big difference between marijuana charge and aiming a gun at 3 ppl

Broncos2024
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Since 2000 we're like 3rd in arrests...

And while I agree that life isn't fair ...difference between Fairley and Berry is Fairley didn't aim a gun at 3 people ...

Big difference between marijuana charge and aiming a gun at 3 ppl

Simple assault means he didn't point any weapons just threatened to use them. No one even saw his gun or it would be Dumervil's charge but if you just threaten then that is your charge.

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM

I'm down for The Longest Yard: Detroit Edition.

Remedy
07-24-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm down for The Longest Yard: Detroit Edition.

Give it a few more weeks and that might become a reality the way this off season is going.

Dirty Bird
07-24-2012, 09:53 PM
No Falcons got in any trouble. :D

Remedy
07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
No Falcons got in any trouble. :D

Knock on wood sir.

#24 Next Champ
07-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Simple assault means he didn't point any weapons just threatened to use them. No one even saw his gun or it would be Dumervil's charge but if you just threaten then that is your charge.

Former Lions CB Aaron Berry passed through waivers unclaimed. Berry was working on a minimum salary, so it says quite a bit about his reputation around the NFL that he went unclaimed when the cost to claim him would have been so cheap. Berry was busted for DUI and three counts of assault this offseason. He was caught pointing a loaded gun at three individuals in July.

Per Rotoworld