PDA

View Full Version : MLB trade deadline thread

BroncoFanBoy
07-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Since there's been a lot of things happening recently, and the fact there's no thread, I thought I'd start it.

Hanley's a Dodger, Hamels signed an extension, and Ichiro is wearing Yankee pinstripes. Crazy :eek:

I also predict Grienke will go to Atlanta and Dempster will be a Ranger.

ERoyal248
07-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Angels get Greinke.

Segura + Hellweg + Pena is what they gave up.

Segura is expendable with them having Aybar/Kendrick, but the pitchers are supposed to be pretty good.

Still...

A rotation of Weaver/Wilson/Greinke/Haren in the playoffs is straight up nasty along with a pretty good offense.

SoundsOfSuccess
07-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Didn't see this thread.. shoot..

Anyways, Segura has been up for a few games and looked lost so have fun Milwaukee..

HUMCALC
07-30-2012, 09:01 PM
IMHO CHI made 2 good/great trades

InsaneBlaze23
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
So pissed the Tigers haven't done anything other than give up young talent for 2 rental players.

We need a change in the coaching staff.

BroncosPWNn00bs
07-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Angels get Greinke.

Segura + Hellweg + Pena is what they gave up.

Segura is expendable with them having Aybar/Kendrick, but the pitchers are supposed to be pretty good.

Still...

A rotation of Weaver/Wilson/Greinke/Haren in the playoffs is straight up nasty along with a pretty good offense.

Yea, thier rotation will be pretty lethal in the playoffs. Assuming they make it there, which I believe they will. They started off slow, but have been legit ever since Trout got called up. But with that pitching staff and thier lineup, they may be the team to come out of the AL when its all said and done.

HUMCALC
07-31-2012, 11:28 AM
So pissed the Tigers haven't done anything other than give up young talent for 2 rental players.

We need a change in the coaching staff.

Who has DET picked up?

InsaneBlaze23
07-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Who has DET picked up?

We swapped 2013 picks, gave the Marlins Jacob Turner and 2 minor leaguer for Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez.

In which Omar hasn't done anything since he got back to Detroit(was a former Tiger). Sanchez got lit up in his first start for us.

Outside of the trade when we got Miguel. We always say we will make a splash in the trade market, then fall flat. Like giving up Curtis Granderson for Phil Coke and Austin Jackson. Coke is inconsistent and only half decent, Jackson is a decent defender but that's it and he's no Curtis Granderson.

We have batters that should be hitting but aren't, our pitchers are not improving. We may be a .500 but I think we should give Terry Francona a call, just move on from Jim Leyland.

Southstander
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
WEEI FLASH: Source: Red Sox acquire LHP Craig Breslow for RHP Matt Albers and OF Scott Podsednik. More: WEEI.com - Sal's Pizza. Text STOP FLASH to opt out.

HUMCALC
07-31-2012, 12:38 PM
We swapped 2013 picks, gave the Marlins Jacob Turner and 2 minor leaguer for Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez.

In which Omar hasn't done anything since he got back to Detroit(was a former Tiger). Sanchez got lit up in his first start for us.

Outside of the trade when we got Miguel. We always say we will make a splash in the trade market, then fall flat. Like giving up Curtis Granderson for Phil Coke and Austin Jackson. Coke is inconsistent and only half decent, Jackson is a decent defender but that's it and he's no Curtis Granderson.

We have batters that should be hitting but aren't, our pitchers are not improving. We may be a .500 but I think we should give Terry Francona a call, just move on from Jim Leyland.

Jackson has a better average and more stolen bases

BroncoFanBoy
07-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Jonathan Broxton's a Red now.

BroncoFanBoy
07-31-2012, 12:56 PM

I'd still rather have Granderson.

Broncoholic3233
07-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Dempster is a Ranger

InsaneBlaze23
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM

Okay in Granderson is a better center fielder and has more HR's and RBI's than Jackson. In he only has 2 more stolen bases than Granderson. So really all Jackson has this season is a better batting average. He isn't better than Granderson and never will be.

SoundsOfSuccess
07-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Okay in Granderson is a better center fielder and has more HR's and RBI's than Jackson. In he only has 2 more stolen bases than Granderson. So really all Jackson has this season is a better batting average. He isn't better than Granderson and never will be.

RBIs are a product of opportunity, for the most part..

HUMCALC
07-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Dempster is a Ranger

I'm disappointed in this trade. I'm sure that the NYY would have offered more