PDA

View Full Version : [Rockies] THe Clowns on Blake Street

Bronco51
08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I swear they are doing this to thumb their nose at the fans and say "You will not get your way"

Now this knucklehead gets to ruin the farm system the way he did the big league club. :sad:

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_21208995/rockies-dan-odowd-remains-gm-duties-shifting-player

BroncoFanBoy
08-01-2012, 11:17 AM
The Monforts are such wimps. When a GM screws over your team, you fire him, not demote him. Do other teams do that? Not that I know of.

Broncoholic3233
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
We're going places.

CoryWinget81
08-01-2012, 12:58 PM
The Monforts are such wimps. When a GM screws over your team, you fire him, not demote him. Do other teams do that? Not that I know of.

It's not even a demotion. Final say in all matters still rests with O'down.

It's not a demotion, he's just putting a shield in front of his bad decisions.

Atwnbroncfan
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Total PR move. Nothing changes. And I don't want the failure O'Dowd being even more hands on in the minor league system. His organizations have only developed a handful of players

Atwnbroncfan
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM
This press cinference about the move is like a salt on an open wound. Just spitting on fans like we have no clue what's going on.

CoryWinget81
08-01-2012, 03:52 PM
The only thing that's going to change what's happening with the Rockies is for the fans to stop giving them their money.

Bottom line.

They think the fans are stupid, and apparently they are because the KEEP SHOWING UP

The Experience
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Monfort says the right pieces are in place in the FO including Odowd. The stupidity of the monforts never ceases to amaze me. If they dont can Odowd Or Tracy at the end of the year I think i will become a tigers fan full time

CoryWinget81
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
So their culture is to treat people in the organization like family, and thats why they won't fire people...

...then why did they fire Hurdle?

The Rockies are DELUSIONAL.

Houshmazode
08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
We're going places.

Down the drain.

CinnaMunMun
08-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Good news about this is we can't get much worse :laugh:

Bad news is we are terrible, the ownership is floundering about, and teams like the Giants and Dodgers are getting better.

Healthy staff or not, unless we pick up a good pitcher this off-season I see us wasting CarGo's and Tulo's prime years. Dan O'Dowd or any other flunkie he plugs into the hole regardless.

CoryWinget81
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Good news about this is we can't get much worse :laugh:

Bad news is we are terrible, the ownership is floundering about, and teams like the Giants and Dodgers are getting better.

Healthy staff or not, unless we pick up a good pitcher this off-season I see us wasting CarGo's and Tulo's prime years. Dan O'Dowd or any other flunkie he plugs into the hole regardless.

Ive heard several people in the know say that Gonzales is already tired of the Rockies antics and will at some point tell ownership he will not was his prime years on a club that doesn't care about winning.

Frenchy180
08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Ive heard several people in the know say that Gonzales is already tired of the Rockies antics and will at some point tell ownership he will not was his prime years on a club that doesn't care about winning.

I don't blame him one bit... There's no way on earth if I were a player capable of making a strong impact on a winning team that I'd want to spend my time on a team like the Rockies... I'm so glad that I don't care about baseball... This year would be way too difficult to stomach...

getlynched47
08-02-2012, 07:26 AM
This is pathetic. Trying to trick unknowing fans into thinking that the Rockies made "significant changes" in the front office in order to help the team out. Essentially nothing has changed. Screw you, O'Dowd/ Monforts.

CoryWinget81
08-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Sandy Clough made a great point that I agree with.

The Rockies are the only team I've ever seen that has such contempt for the fans but still feels a need to pander to them.

Bronco51
08-02-2012, 09:06 AM

I heard it was not so much Gonzalez but his agent. Scott Boras has a rep for being a huge pain in the rear for management in all sports. But what I have heard is that Boras fears that the Cargo "brand" can not be built here in Colorado.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Peter Burns put it perfectly and it made me laugh:

"The #Rockies are Initech from Office Space. Dan O'Dowd is Peter, so bad that management keeps promoting him."

https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsRadio

Broncoholic3233
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
If CarGo gets so sick of the team, he demands a trade, I will follow him until changes are made. Meaning, cleaning house, and new ownership.

However, we have stated we will not trade him or Tulo regardless. Even though I don't trust this organization at all to be truthful....

Also, that's not the kind of player CarGo is. He's pissed to all hell....yes. He's stated we need to get some actual pitchers here. He's not afraid to speak his mind. HOWEVER, I don't believe he will request a trade. Can't see it happening. I believe we would see that from Tulo, before CarGo. :shrug:

getlynched47
08-02-2012, 12:56 PM
http://loyalcousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sheen-.jpg

Houshmazode
08-03-2012, 12:16 PM
If CarGo gets so sick of the team, he demands a trade, I will follow him until changes are made. Meaning, cleaning house, and new ownership.

However, we have stated we will not trade him or Tulo regardless. Even though I don't trust this organization at all to be truthful....

Also, that's not the kind of player CarGo is. He's pissed to all hell....yes. He's stated we need to get some actual pitchers here. He's not afraid to speak his mind. HOWEVER, I don't believe he will request a trade. Can't see it happening. I believe we would see that from Tulo, before CarGo. :shrug:
We'll have De La Rosa and Chacin back next season and with Francis I think that makes a decent top 3. One or two of Pomeranz, Friedrich and White should improve enough to be reliable. I think our pitching will be in decent shape unless we go trade everyone away again. Who did we get for Hammel? O right, he isn't on the team any more.

Peter Burns put it perfectly and it made me laugh:

"The #Rockies are Initech from Office Space. Dan O'Dowd is Peter, so bad that management keeps promoting him."

https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsRadio
I lol'd.

http://loyalcousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sheen-.jpg
Winning streak! http://i.imgur.com/i6gXL.gif

Broncoholic3233
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
We'll have De La Rosa and Chacin back next season and with Francis I think that makes a decent top 3. One or two of Pomeranz, Friedrich and White should improve enough to be reliable. I think our pitching will be in decent shape unless we go trade everyone away again. Who did we get for Hammel? O right, he isn't on the team any more.

We have a ton of young, promising pitchers. It depends if any of them will step up.

JDLR deal is done and hinging on his player option. Will he take the player option? Will he be the same after his surgery? A lot of questions there...however....I do believe he will be a Rockie, and the same JDLR as before.

Chacin should be back, and hopefully like the Chacin of pre-all star break of last year. But, once again, who knows?

Francis was a fluke. I think his last outing is a sign of things to come. He's figured out again....and he's not gonna last. His ERA is 5.34 with a 3-3 record. He's been our best pitcher for a while, but that's just because of how badly we suck. He'd be most teams worst pitcher, easily. Hell, a year when Pomeranz has struggled mightily, Pomeranz still has a better ERA at 5.13. So, I don't think Francis will be part of our rotation next year.

Nicasio...he'll be back...and he'll be a starter. He won't allow anything less of himself. Excited to see if he improved his breaking pitches.

Pomeranz is supposed to be our future ace, after another summer of work, I believe he'll finally be in the bigs for good and have a pretty good season.

So right now...next year...I have: JDLR, Chacin, Pomeranz and Nicasio.

The pitchers I see battling (with a real chance) at the last spot in the rotation is....Alex White, Jonathan Sanchez and Friedrich. With Friedrich or White winning the spot.

Just my thought on it. But still....still way to many question marks around the entire rotation...they all have a lot of talent and upside....but will they actually put it to use? Who knows...

DenverBlood
08-03-2012, 01:37 PM
The only upside to this whole situation is the only thing the Rockies can do in the future is get better. At least I think that's the only thing they can do.

Although with the current FO I suppose it could be stationary for awhile as mediocre. Hopefully not 20 seasons like the Pirates.

CinnaMunMun
08-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Friedrich is out for the rest of the year with a stress fracture in his back, so White will stick with the club the rest of the year.

We also might see someone else pitch too if Sanchez keeps sucking.

Bronco51
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Went to the game last night, perked up when theey scored 4 runs to get close. Then left when Reynolds played like a little leaguer and gave up 6 before getting an out. Then woke up to an email from the owner saying he wants to keep us up to date with the goings on in the organization. Still says pitching is the priority, yet Tracy leaves Reynolds out there to get absolutely bum rushed after they rally to get close. They are just clowns.

The Experience
08-05-2012, 06:03 PM
we are on pace to lose 104 games.....

Pathetic

getlynched47
08-07-2012, 01:19 PM
we are on pace to lose 104 games.....

Impressive. Tracy/O'Dowd/Monforts deliver

http://stockfresh.com/files/l/lisafx/m/44/209094_stock-photo-delivery-man---thumbs-up.jpg

Broncoholic3233
08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
OH EM GEE

We've won two in a row!

I am so excited, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bronco51
08-08-2012, 08:23 AM
We're going sreaking!!!! And now they need to move Tulo to 3rd base and let Rutledge play short.