PDA

View Full Version : [Nuggets] Nuggets Trade Rumor

Atwnbroncfan
08-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Nuggets are involved in a 4 way deal with the Lakers, Sixters, and Magic.

DEN gets: Andre Igoudala
LA gets: Dwight Howard, Al Harrington
PHIL gets: Andrew Bynum
ORL gets: Pau Gasol, Arron Afflalo

Yahoo is reporting

It's an interesting move. Is Iggy that much of an upgrade over Afflalo? I don't think so. My assumption is the benefit is to dump Harringtons contract to get Quincy Miller signed.

getlynched47
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't like that at all. Afflalo is one of our best defenders and Al Harrington is a vital bench player (though he needs to stay healthy).

Iggy is a very good defender, but my personal opinion is that Afflalo is a lot more aggressive.

Atwnbroncfan
08-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't like that at all. Afflalo is one of our best defenders and Al Harrington is a vital bench player (though he needs to stay healthy).

Iggy is a very good defender, but my personal opinion is that Afflalo is a lot more aggressive.

Not to mention Afflalo is a good 3 point shooter. While Igoudala is awful at 3 point shooting.

MegaOrange
08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't mind Afflalo for Andre, Andre is good on D and great in transition. I don't like losing Harrington, he's just about the only guy that can post up inside and get a shot. I think that's the biggest thing we are missing, we don't have enough guys inside that command double teams which opens up the floor.

JakeNbake
08-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Iggy is a beast. That's a good trade.

Great D and his 3 has been getting a lot better. He can explode to the rim. Create his own shots. Can run up and down the court.

I would be very happy to get Iggy. Only down side is LA gets D-Howard.

MisterMileHigh
08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
lawson, dre, faried and javale will be explosive, and it will be fun to watch. if anyone can coach a young, fast break running, defensive minded club to the playoffs its george karl. I dont hate it for you guys honestly...

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Igoudala is one of my favorite non-nuggets in the league. He is so underrated its insane. I wouldn't mind this move at all.

Just wait till Jeff gets here and rips you a new one though. :laugh:

Be kind BH3233..... Be kind....... Hahaha

Houshmazode
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I would miss Afflalo and Harrington but I think Iguodala has a lot bigger upside than AAA.

http://spikeeskin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Urkle-iguodala.jpg

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Hell no.

Absolutely not.

Ujiri you aren't dumb...don't become dumb overnight.

JakeNbake
08-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hell no.

Absolutely not.

Ujiri you aren't dumb...don't become dumb overnight.

Too much AAA love in this post.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Too much AAA love in this post.
Or how bout helping LA get Howard.......

JakeNbake
08-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Or how bout helping LA get Howard.......

They'll get him without the Nuggets. Might as well get something out of it.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 12:31 PM
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv123/Gardnerius/Animated%20gifs%20for%20boards/AndHereWeGo.gif

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 12:32 PM
They'll get him without the Nuggets. Might as well get something out of it.

No they won't. They have to have the right partners to get him.

It's far from a sure thing. FAR.

JakeNbake
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
No they won't. They have to have the right partners to get him.

It's far from a sure thing. FAR.

We'll see. You're also taking away Gasol and Bynum from the Lakers. To be honest I'd rather have both of them.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree with both of you. I don't want any part of helping the Lakers get the far and away best center in the league.

But.

Igoudala >>>>> AAA all day long. Sooooooo..... If we think the Lakers are going to get Howard, we better at least improve our team also, and not just sit back at mediocrity while watching them improve.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I agree with both of you. I don't want any part of helping the Lakers get the far and away best center in the league.

But.

Igoudala >>>>> AAA all day long. Sooooooo..... If we think the Lakers are going to get Howard, we better at least improve our team also, and not just sit back at mediocrity while watching them improve.

What's he that much better aside from driving and physicality offensively?

AAA has a better long shot. And much better defensive.

Iggy isn't a superstar. He's an on and off again all star.

He's better than AAA. But not by that wide of a margin.

Plus he can't even dunk. Have you watched the Olympics? ;)

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 12:44 PM
What's he that much better aside from driving and physicality offensively?

AAA has a better long shot. And much better defensive.

Iggy isn't a superstar. He's an on and off again all star.

He's better than AAA. But not by that wide of a margin.

Plus he can't even dunk. Have you watched the Olympics? ;)

Lol, @ dunking. Yeah I caught that. :laugh:

C'mon man, I know you really like AAA. But Iggy is a much better player. Afflalo has the long shot on him but Igoudala is just a better player period, he was an all star this year. AAA isn't, and in all likelyhood will never be an All Star.

It's a significant upgrade.

Edit: They shot almost identical from 3 point range last year also...

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 01:02 PM
How is it this big old upgrade?

Iggy last year in 62 games averaged: 12.4 PPG

AAA last year in 62 games averaged: 15.2 PPG

AAA is also the better defender hands down.

Iggy shot: .454
AAA shot: .471

Iggy shot from 3: .394
AAA shot from 3: .398

Iggy FT %: .617
AAA FT %: .798

Iggy TOPG: 1.9
AAA TOPG: 1.4

Iggy beats him in steals, assists and rebounds however.

Sorry, don't see this 'huge' upgrade.

Plus, I'm more mad that we'd help the Lakers.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Like I said, I don't want to help the Lakers either. The only way I'd make this trade is if I thought they were going to acquire Dwight regardless.

AAA is a good defender but so is Iggy. He was 2nd team all defense in 11'

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Like I said, I don't want to help the Lakers either. The only way I'd make this trade is if I thought they were going to acquire Dwight regardless.

AAA is a good defender but so is Iggy. He was 2nd team all defense in 11'

Yeah, I get ya.

However, AAA was better on offense last year too.

I just don't see it. And honestly, when I went to get the numbers, I was expecting Iggy to beat AAA by 5 points or so. But to find AAA was better on all those offensive stats....kinda shocking....and maybe Iggy isn't that much better.

JakeNbake
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I get ya.

I just don't see it. And honestly, when I went to get the numbers, I was expecting Iggy to beat AAA by 5 points or so. But to find AAA was better on all those offensive stats....kinda shocking....and maybe Iggy isn't that much better.
Stats, you wanna talk about STATS?

This isn't fantasy basketball.

I hate stats.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I get ya.

I think Masai should use some crazy Nigerian tactics to confuse the Lakers/Magic/6ers Front offices and we end up with Howard. :D

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I think Masai should use some crazy Nigerian tactics to confuse the Lakers/Magic/6ers Front offices and we end up with Howard. :D

A+ for you.

JakeNbake
08-09-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMTOwtObn0

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
BH3233 youre discounting the different offensive systems they played in AAA played in high tempo offensive minded scheme, but Iggy played in a slower defensive minded scheme. Iggy brings toughness and athleticism inside that AAA doesnt have. We have Chandler, Gallo, and Lawson who can all shoot the longball, but we dont have a guy like Iggy. The nuggets high tempo team would highlight Iggys athleticism, and IMO Iggy is a better defender than AAA.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
BH3233 youre discounting the different offensive systems they played in AAA played in high tempo offensive minded scheme, but Iggy played in a slower defensive minded scheme. Iggy brings toughness and athleticism inside that AAA doesnt have. We have Chandler, Gallo, and Lawson who can all shoot the longball, but we dont have a guy like Iggy. The nuggets high tempo team would highlight Iggys athleticism, and IMO Iggy is a better defender than AAA.

So, that's your excuse for why, a guy who never gets respect, scored about 3 ppg higher than a big name like Iggy? When Iggy is their go to scorer, while AAA isn't ours.

Sorry. I'll keep AAA. Younger, better production and already a leader for us.

Not gonna change my mind. We will help the Lakers by doing this trade. That's my main reason. Then, AAA has the better production that doesn't lie.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Also, Iggy's contract is up next year, with a player option.

Who says he would sign on long term?

Not a smart trade from multiple stand points.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Iggy making 15 million roughly

AAA making 8.3 million roughly

W/ AAA having a higher production.

Disliking it more and more, the more I dig into this.

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
See youre not thinking this through very well. 1st You improve everywhere but the 3-ball with Iggy over AAA. You're a better defensive, tougher, and more athletic team with Iggy. Youre completely ignoring offensive systems when you talk about the way they score. 2nd tge lakers dont improve much if at all. They are breaking up their biggest advantage (2 7 footers in the paint). Howards agent has said he will not sign an extension and will become a FA, and there is a chance he may leave at the end of the year as well, making him their priority so they will be out of the big FA pool next year. Not to mention there is no guarantee Nash and Kobe can coexist, and they only have like 3 downhill years left. We clear Harrington's bad contract. Its not a bad move at all in fact its a very good move.

Amari24
08-09-2012, 02:43 PM
I let out a big SIGH of relief when I found out Houston was no longer involved in a Howard trade. They were seriously considering trading all of their recently acquired talent for Dwight. It would've been a terrible move.

Anyways, while the Nuggets aren't pressured into giving that much up since it's a 4-team trade, it would be a bad move. Why? There's a reason why Iguodala has been the center of trade talks these past years.

He is a very inconsistent player. You know what you're going to get with Afflalo every night. Iguodala has a very on-and-off jumper. He'll get you rebounds and play defense, but guys like Afflalo are capable of that anyway.

Not to mention, he'd probably go and test the FA market before he considered signing long term with Denver, and even then he'd probably still want a big contract.

MegaOrange
08-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I let out a big SIGH of relief when I found out Houston was no longer involved in a Howard trade. They were seriously considering trading all of their recently acquired talent for Dwight. It would've been a terrible move.

Anyways, while the Nuggets aren't pressured into giving that much up since it's a 4-team trade, it would be a bad move. Why? There's a reason why Iguodala has been the center of trade talks these past years.

He is a very inconsistent player. You know what you're going to get with Afflalo every night. Iguodala has a very on-and-off jumper. He'll get you rebounds and play defense, but guys like Afflalo are capable of that anyway.

Not to mention, he'd probably go and test the FA market before he considered signing long term with Denver, and even then he'd probably still want a big contract.

And yet his inconsistency has him putting up far better numbers that AA...AA is good guy but with our style of play Andre is a no-brainer. Put it this way, Iggy is on the Olympic roster, how many guys would have to go down before AA would get a call?

Amari24
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
And yet his inconsistency has him putting up far better numbers that AA...AA is good guy but with our style of play Andre is a no-brainer. Put it this way, Iggy is on the Olympic roster, how many guys would have to go down before AA would get a call?

Would you mind posting those "far better numbers"? I watched actual games. Iguodala is better than Afflalo, but under those circumstances it's a bad move for Denver.

And the Olympics? Come on. Iguodala is on that team simply because he was on the 2010 FIBA team. The only reason he got a call this year was because Wade's injury. Iguodala is not a special player at all.

Besides, we both know it doesn't matter who's on Team USA as a role player, they're going to win gold regardless. Christian Laettner was on the Dream Team roster. How did his career look in the end?

The Experience
08-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Iggy is an upgrade over AAA (as big of a fan as I am)

I think this is a good trade. Chandler will take Al's spot.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Yes. Please, most those much better numbers.

Oh, I already did that.

and AAA had most of them.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Sounds like this deal is about to go down.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-very-close

Yakka27
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Bob tweeted its a done deal.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Bob tweeted its a done deal.

The incarcerated one?

Yakka27
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Yup. He only listed Howard Bynum and Iggy, so idk if it's the exact deal in OP.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 04:46 PM
We'll see. You're also taking away Gasol and Bynum from the Lakers. To be honest I'd rather have both of them.

Ya I really don't think the Lakers will be that much better with D Howard minus Pau and Bynum. Not to mention, Kobe will retire in 2 years anyways and the Lakers won't be contenders when he's gone unless they land another superstar.

@NuggetsNews said earlier that the Nuggets believe that the Lakers will get Howard regardless, because they have the best pieces to move, so might as well get better in the process.

This trade will make Denver better. I really hate to see AAA go, love everything about him, but it's a tough business.

The bottom line is the Nuggets aren't a contender right now, and if a move makes the team better, then that's a move that should be made.

Amari24
08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Ya I really don't think the Lakers will be that much better with D Howard minus Pau and Bynum. Not to mention, Kobe will retire in 2 years anyways and the Lakers won't be contenders when he's gone unless they land another superstar.

@NuggetsNews said earlier that the Nuggets believe that the Lakers will get Howard regardless, because they have the best pieces to move, so might as well get better in the process.

I love AAA too, but I think he's a bit overrated on these boards. This trade will make Denver better.

I think the Lakers are doing the same thing as the Heat. They won't initially care if Dwight doesn't make them better immediately. They just want him because he's the NBA's best Center and they'll have comparable talent to Miami. They also brought in Steve Nash for that reason, too.

Nash, Bryant, Bynum, and Gasol doesn't look as good on paper as Nash, Bryant, and Dwight.

However, they'd probably be better off with the former. FWIW I called Bynum and Gasol being as good as gone after the Lakers got knocked out of the playoffs. If LA doesn't win the championship this year Mike Brown will be fired.

Yakka27
08-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Buddy who is a big Magic fan just texted me saying Ric Bucher says Gasol isn't going anywhere.

InsaneBlaze23
08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
ESPN said a deal is imminent.
So whose gonna start the thread "Will the Lakers win the Championship"?

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 05:03 PM
I think the Lakers are doing the same thing as the Heat. They won't initially care if Dwight doesn't make them better immediately. They just want him because he's the NBA's best Center and they'll have comparable talent to Miami. They also brought in Steve Nash for that reason, too.

Nash, Bryant, Bynum, and Gasol doesn't look as good on paper as Nash, Bryant, and Dwight.

However, they'd probably be better off with the former. FWIW I called Bynum and Gasol being as good as gone after the Lakers got knocked out of the playoffs. If LA doesn't win the championship this year Mike Brown will be fired.

True. It's a win now move for sure, but it doesn't bother me because the Nuggets are young and the Lakers have a 2 year window until Kobe and Nash are both probably gone.

I just don't think that Dwight Howard is THAT big of an upgrade over Bynum and when you take away Pau, I don't think it's really an upgrade at all. It's smart for them though in the long term, and they are definitely thinking long term with Kobe retiring from the NBA when his contract is up in 2 years.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Buddy who is a big Magic fan just texted me saying Ric Bucher says Gasol isn't going anywhere.

Highly doubt that.

Yakka27
08-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Bucher tweeted that Gasol is not involved in proposed trade.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Lol... so wait...

Orlando is trading DWIGHT HOWARD for Arron Afflalo?

We should just get Dwight and kick the Lakers and 6ers out of it. :laugh:

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 05:10 PM
A source close to Pau Gasol said the Spaniard is not included in the proposed four-team Dwight Howard deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

How would Pau Gasol know if he's being traded or not? Is he involved in the discussions - skyping all the way from Spain?

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 05:12 PM

How would Pau Gasol know if he's being traded or not? Is he involved in the discussions - skyping all the way from Spain?

Maybe the source is his agent.

And maybe he is involved in talk because the team getting him in the trade wants to re-negotiate his contract. It could be a number of things that's just a wild guess.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe the source is his agent.

And maybe he is involved in talk because the team getting him in the trade wants to re-negotiate his contract. It could be a number of things that's just a wild guess.

The Lakers and Magic "are engaged in 4-way talks with Denver and Philadelphia" on a trade for Dwight Howard, league sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

Obviously, too much time had gone by without an update on the Howard front. According to Wojnarowski, the Lakers would receive Al Harrington from Denver along with Howard, Andrew Bynum would go to the Sixers, Pau Gasol and Arron Afflalo would be sent to Orlando along with draft picks, while Denver would receive Andre Iguodala. As we've seen before with Howard, just because the teams are talking does not mean anything is imminent.

Ya I understand that, but the trade doesn't really make sense without Pau Gasol. If the Magic only get AAA and draft picks for Dwight Howard, then I imagine their GM would be fired immediately. :laugh:

johnlimburg
08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
If we are going to be trading for a player it better be a post scorer. I have no problem trading away Afflalo and Harrington. However I would love to get a power forward who can actually score the basketball. I still want Al Jefferson however there have been no rumors for a while about his trade possibility. However if we are actually willing to part with these two players then do it by going and getting a scorer down low. Like Jefferson.

If this did happen it would be good to get rid of Harringtons long term money and even if Iggy left next season then it would be like using the ammesty clause. I wouldn't care too much if the trade went down. However I would prefer something better which would add another dimension to the team.

Cyrend
08-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd be real happy with this trade. Get it done!

Yakka27
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Now I'm hearing Bucher is clueless. Sounds about right.

Atwnbroncfan
08-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Deal has just been completed. Welcome to denver Andre Igoudala

Cyrend
08-09-2012, 07:30 PM
ESPN is reporting a done deal.

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.

Sources close to the process told Stein and ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne that a trade call with the league office has been scheduled for Friday to secure the necessary NBA approval to make the deal official.

Lakers forward Pau Gasol had been in and out of talks, sources told Shelburne.

Earlier Thursday, Yahoo! Sports, citing sources, reported that talks of a four-team trade involving Howard have taken place this week and have "grown serious."

Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Philadelphia has not spoken to Bynum or his representatives, and has no assurances he will sign a long-term extension with the team.

"The Sixers are willing to take a shot (without Bynum's commitment)," one source said.

Although Bynum signing an extension with the 76ers is not out of the question, according to a source, his stance all summer has been he only will sign an extension with the Lakers.

Bynum, who grew up about an hour away from Philadelphia in Plainsboro, N.J., could sign a three-year, $60 million extension this season or wait to become a free agent after the season and be eligible for a five-year, $102 million deal.

Near the end of July, Howard met with Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and reiterated he still wants to be traded, and if he isn't, will leave the team as a free agent after next season.

The Lakers' position on Howard has remained relatively unchanged for the past few months, league sources familiar with the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com. The Lakers always have been willing to trade for Howard without assurances he'd re-sign with them after the season, believing that once Howard experienced a championship culture, he would want to stay.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Iggy is just a name.

Not excited.

Bad move Nuggets, bad move.

Yakka27
08-09-2012, 07:34 PM
So the Lakers do keep Pau?

They snag Dwight Howard and keep Pau Gasol... wow.

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Great move FO, Iggy will fit in great here

The Experience
08-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Iggy is just a name.

Not excited.

Bad move Nuggets, bad move.
He is the only SG in the NBA who is more underrated than Afflalo. I loved AAA but Iggy is better.

Cyrend
08-09-2012, 07:39 PM
So the Lakers do keep Pau?

They snag Dwight Howard and keep Pau Gasol... wow.

It may actually prove to be a plus in the long run. Kobe reportedly told Howard that he'd be the third offensive option behind him and Gasol awhile back, so if they keep Gasol and that turns to be true, Howard could become discontent and leave after a year.

johnlimburg
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
We get to dump a bad contract (Harrington)

We get an expiring one back in exchange (Iggy)

We upgrade the shootng guard position (Iggy > Afflallo)

As usual Masai Ujuri makes a good move. Still would have prefered to get a low post scorer but anyway a good move.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
He is the only SG in the NBA who is more underrated than Afflalo. I loved AAA but Iggy is better.

Not 7 million dollars better.

When he leaves next year for FA...it'll be funnah

The Experience
08-09-2012, 07:44 PM

And we maintain cap flexibility. If Iggy is awesome, we re-sign him. If not he leaves or could be a valuable piece at the trade deadline to possibly get a bigger name.

Atwnbroncfan
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
We give up a 1st round pick too? SMH

We give up the most in this 4 way. Our rival gets the best center in the league. We dump one bad contract, pay a SG 7 million bucks more. And the SG we acquire is a better defender, more athletic, but way worse shooter? Iggy is a marginal upgrade over AAA.

Not sure about this one, not sure.

Oh and two players we signed to long term deals we ship out in year one of the contract? That isn't going to entice FAs.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 07:47 PM
This is what we traded for Iggy....

AAA, Harrington and a 1st

Not a good trade. Sorry it isn't.

Yeah, I like AAA. Get on my case all you want about that. But that fact aside, we don't get a HUGE upgrade. We helped the Lakers.

Finally, dislike a trade this FO has made.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 07:47 PM
We give up a 1st round pick too? SMH

We give up the most in this 4 way. Our rival gets the best center in the league. We dump one bad contract, pay a SG 7 million bucks more. And the SG we acquire is a better defender, more athletic, but way worse shooter? Iggy is a marginal upgrade over AAA.

Not sure about this one, not sure.

Oh and two players we signed to long term deals we ship out in year one of the contract? That isn't going to entice FAs.

Thank you! Finally someone thinking this through.

The Experience
08-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Has Masai not earned your guys respect yet? Everything this man has done is awesome. Let's give him a chance here.

johnlimburg
08-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Thats true. However the fact it is a possible expiring contract is a positive. It is then sort of like using the ammesity and getting a year out of a quality player.

And if we gave up a first rounder as well then that is not as good a move as first thought.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM

Yeah, I like AAA. Get on my case all you want about that. But that fact aside, we don't get a HUGE upgrade. We helped the Lakers.

Stupid trade imo. The Lakers keep Pau and basically swap Bynum for Howard and the Nuggets sign off on this? You've got to be kidding me...

Not to mention, we gave up a first!? Why? What happened to the front office that would hard ball people, "If we have to give up a first, you aren't getting Howard, plain and simple. Figure it out and call me back with something better, or don't call me, I don't care." - Masai Ujiri of 2010

DenverBlood
08-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Igoudala is not worth AAA, Harrington and a first. This is a terrible trade and not sure how the FO thinks it makes sense.

But I guess we have a history of giving away first round picks.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Stupid trade imo. The Lakers keep Pau and basically swap Bynum for Howard and the Nuggets sign off on this? You've got to be kidding me...

So who are the Magic getting?? Just AAA and picks?

Couldn't we have just gave them AAA and the picks and got Howard ourselves? I'm confused.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Has Masai not earned your guys respect yet? Everything this man has done is awesome. Let's give him a chance here.
Like I said.

First trade I don't like.

Marginal upgrade with 1 year left probably looking to team up.....for AAA, Harry and 1st round.

No bueno.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Couldn't we have just gave them AAA and the picks and got Howard ourselves? I'm confused.

AAA, Harry and 3 first round draft picks.

So yes, we could've made that trade apparently.

Terribleeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Iggy will add explosiveness, rebs, and better D. Iggy's athleticism will shine in the high tempo and I expect him to get back 16-18ppg he has averaged before. Not to mention a lot of GMs(us included) were convinced the Lakers would eventually get Howard, so instead of sitting back and doing nothing, we got better.

johnlimburg
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
This is not a good move. Giving up the first rounder ruins it. Is it official official cause I can't imagine Masai signing off on this one ??

InElwayWeTrust
WHAT!

Why didn't we just get Howard???

The NBA is rigged...

by the ILLUMINATI!

the0rangecrush

They are getting AAA, Harrington, Moe Harkless, Vuecivic(sp), 3 1sts and dumped J-Rich contract. No we couldnt have got Howard

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 07:57 PM
They are getting AAA, Harrington, Moe Harkless, Vuecivic(sp), 3 1sts and dumped J-Rich contract. No we couldnt have got Howard

Yes we could have...

give them AAA, Harington, our next 3 firsts, and 2 people better than those 2 nobodys. Why couldn't we have done that?

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes we could have...

give them AAA, Harington, our next 3 firsts, and 2 people better than those 2 nobodys. Why couldn't we have done that?

1. Because Howard doesnt want to sign here so we would have mortgaged Players and Picjs for someone not staying

2. We would have had to take on J-rich's contract as well so instead of shedding 500k we would have added like 4mil

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 08:06 PM
1. Because Howard doesnt want to sign here so we would have mortgaged Players and Picjs for someone not staying

2. We would have had to take on J-rich's contract as well so instead of shedding 500k we would have added like 4mil

Adding 4 mill would be worth getting the far and away best center in the league.

Maybe Howard would like it and decide to stay. No one thought D-Will would be staying with the Nets. We could use Howard to lure more talent in.

Oh well its a mute point now.

getlynched47
08-09-2012, 08:09 PM

What. The. Hell just happened?! :eek:

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 08:11 PM
What. The. Hell just happened?! :eek:

the fo just took a huge crap

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Adding 4 mill would be worth getting the far and away best center in the league.

Maybe Howard would like it and decide to stay. No one thought D-Will would be staying with the Nets. We could use Howard to lure more talent in.

Oh well its a mute point now.

Its a gamble that a FO not in desperation isnt willing to make, but ya its a moot point

getlynched47
08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
So we picked up an expiring contract, traded away a top bench player in Harrington, traded away our best defender in Afflalo..........and if that wasn't bad enough we gave up a 1st round pick as well?!? Oh, yeah and we helped the Lakers get Dwight Howard?

The hell is going on?!?

Orange Pants
08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty happy with the trade. Our team wasn't going places with what we had, and we made a move to try and change that. Harrington is dead weight with his injury, contract, and Karl's habit of playing him so much. Getting rid of him is a plus. Iggy is an upgrade over Afflalo, and since we don't really have room for many rookies, especially with Karl, a 1st isn't that bad either. Our system will suit Iggy too, so he can possibly turn into the superstar we've always wanted.

InElwayWeTrust
08-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty happy with the trade. Our team wasn't going places with what we had, and we made a move to try and change that. Harrington is dead weight with his injury, contract, and Karl's habit of playing him so much. Getting rid of him is a plus. Iggy is an upgrade over Afflalo, and since we don't really have room for many rookies, especially with Karl, a 1st isn't that bad either. Our system will suit Iggy too, so he can possibly turn into the superstar we've always wanted.

Our wide open, up and down system will make him into a walking highlight reel. He is going to be on ESPN top 10 quite a bit this year.

Atwnbroncfan
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Rumor on twitter that we are also getting Andrew Nicholson

Cyrend
08-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Wow. I know its just a rumor, but if that is true we just got a steal.

I've heard that we are suppose to get "one more asset", so that why I'm inclined to believe this. Still, it could be anyone, but Nicholson would be awesome

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Ya I've seen a couple tweets on that, but I cant find a reputable one

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 08:53 PM

I've heard that we are suppose to get "one more asset", so that why I'm inclined to believe this. Still, it could be anyone, but Nicholson would be awesome

Ya we better be getting him because giving up a first makes zero sense with the details we've been given thus far about the trade.

Atwnbroncfan
08-09-2012, 08:55 PM

Doesn't make much sense to me. Why would the Magic give up arguably their best young player on the team. But we shall see.

Cyrend
08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Doesn't make much sense to me. Why would the Magic give up arguably their best young player on the team. But we shall see.

Who knows. We'll hear rumors all night probably until its finalized tomorrow. Might as well just wait it out and see.

But still, yes please.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Well an un-biased Adrian Wojnarowski thinks we made out:

No longer do people need to talk about Denver's Masai Ujiri as one of the best young GM's in the NBA. He's one of the best GM's in the NBA.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Maybe he knows something that we don't... like extra details that we haven't heard yet.

the0rangecrush
08-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Interesting tweet

@ESPNStatsInfo: Nuggets allowed 5th-most Pts per play. They upgraded their D. Afflalo was 113th of 113 players to defend 500+ plays. Iguodala was 11th.

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 10:28 PM
God. I can't believe we actually made this awful trade. Ugh. So disappointed.

Not just me either. Ton of people upset with this crappy ass reported trade.

The Experience
08-09-2012, 10:31 PM
God. I can't believe we actually made this awful trade. Ugh. So disappointed.

Not just me either. Ton of people upset with this crappy ass reported trade.

A lot of people were upset over the Nene trade too. Nobody knows for sure if this is a good or bad trade, only time will tell.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Going to bed... Hoping to wake up and find out that we got more than reported. I'm fine with the players moved, but not happy about giving up a first. Seems like we got robbed if that's how it went down, but some of the NBA insiders think we cleaned up a bit, so I'm not sure at this point.

Need more info...

Broncoholic3233
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
A lot of people were upset over the Nene trade too. Nobody knows for sure if this is a good or bad trade, only time will tell.

I LOVED the Nene trade.

This trade blows thus far compared to that.

The Experience
08-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I LOVED the Nene trade.

This trade blows thus far compared to that.

I did too. But many others were not happy.

Bowie Man
08-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Without reading through 5 pages of replies, I also wanted to point out that we might be trying to free up some playing time for Jordan Hamilton who seems to be a very good jump shooter. Maybe Ujiri is thinking Hamilton will be a more than adequate scoring replacement with AAA gone. That plus having Iggy's defense here probably looked pretty attractive.

Bowie Man
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh, and I'm very upset the Lakers managed to keep Gasol in all of this.

johnlimburg
08-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Nuggets get:

SG-Andre Iguodala
PF-Andrew Nicholson

Others get:

SG-Arron Afflallo
PF-Al Harrington
1st Round Draft Pick

If it turns out that this is what happens then it is a good trade. Upgrade the #2. Get a first round pick who I think can be a long term very good player in the NBA. And give up a contract I would have loved to ammesty then I am happy as can be.

Ty Lawson ------------- Andre Miller
Andre Iguodala -------- Jordan Hamilton ---------- Evan Fournier
Danillo Gallanri -------- Wilson Chandler ---------- Corey Brewer
Kenneth Faried -------- Anthony Randolph -------- Andrew Nicholson
Javale Mcgee ---------- Timofey Mosgov ---------- Kosta Koufas

Bowie Man
08-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Nuggets get:

SG-Andre Iguodala
PF-Andrew Nicholson

Others get:

SG-Arron Afflallo
PF-Al Harrington
1st Round Draft Pick

If it turns out that this is what happens then it is a good trade. Upgrade the #2. Get a first round pick who I think can be a long term very good player in the NBA. And give up a contract I would have loved to ammesty then I am happy as can be.

Ty Lawson ------------- Andre Miller
Andre Iguodala -------- Jordan Hamilton ---------- Evan Fournier
Danillo Gallanri -------- Wilson Chandler ---------- Corey Brewer
Kenneth Faried -------- Anthony Randolph -------- Andrew Nicholson
Javale Mcgee ---------- Timofey Mosgov ---------- Kosta Koufas

This makes more sense, I was wondering who we would use at PF behind Faried

MegaOrange
08-10-2012, 07:46 AM
I've not been able to find anywhere that we got Andrew Nicholson. Makes no difference, I like the trade. AA is a great team guy but was probably overpaid. Harrington, I like his inside game but he's getting up there in age and his knees are bad. Probably good to get his money off the books before he's not earning it. As for Andre in our system he'll be great. We also opened up another spot on or roster which was starting to be a problem. We got an all-star/olympian and ditched two salary's that were going to go up in the next few years while production from those salaries probably would have gone down.

nic.zeman24
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Im not sure what to think of this trade. AI can do everything, score, pass, rebound and play D. He is probably better on D than AAA and he can throw it down. We got a deal getting rid of AL. I like him, but he is overpaid for what he does. It opens up more playing time for Faried and McGee to bloom.

I dont know how much better we got, but I dont think we got worse.

Atwnbroncfan
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Bottom line is Chandler will now fill the role of Harrington. But if we ever see Chandler at the 5. I will not be a happy camper.

PG Lawson/Miller/Stone
SG Iggy/Hamilton/Fornier
SF Gallo/Chandler/Brewer/Miller
PF Faried/Randolph/Chandler
C McGee/Mozgov/Kofus

Miller and Fornier are probably D league bound. This is a good team. But is this a better team than this time yesterday? Perhaps. Better defensively. Worse offensively. But when your the best offensive team I suppose you can give up some points. We are back to the problem we had before. Who is our go to scorer? This is a big question again.

Oh and Mozgov will be gone after next year. Possibly Brewer and Iggy too.

the0rangecrush
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Hearing that the other asset may be Josh McRoberts, and tge longer this goes he more i think Nicholson isbt going anywhere.

Also with Iggy in the transition Im willing to bet we are a better offensive team this year i'll CP bet anyone

Broncoholic3233
08-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I've not been able to find anywhere that we got Andrew Nicholson. Makes no difference, I like the trade. AA is a great team guy but was probably overpaid. Harrington, I like his inside game but he's getting up there in age and his knees are bad. Probably good to get his money off the books before he's not earning it. As for Andre in our system he'll be great. We also opened up another spot on or roster which was starting to be a problem. We got an all-star/olympian and ditched two salary's that were going to go up in the next few years while production from those salaries probably would have gone down.
AAA overpaid? HAHA

Try Iggy being overpaid. 15 million dollars for 12 ppg. HAHAHA

Atwnbroncfan
08-10-2012, 12:09 PM
AAA overpaid? HAHA

Try Iggy being overpaid. 15 million dollars for 12 ppg. HAHAHA

I don't think it's fair to correlate one players play just to ppg. But having said that I think Iggy is overpaid by 3-5 mill.

Cyrend
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I really, really like this trade.

From what I'm hearing it's officially...

Denver gets:
-Andre Iguodala

Orlando gets:
-Arron Afflalo
-Al Harrington
-1st round pick

Of all the superfluous players added in, no go to the Nuggets, so all that talk of an extra asset were bunk (sadly). But, here's the aftermath. We get rid of Harrington, who is old, inefficient, and injured. While he was our 6th man last year, I have no doubt that Wilson Chandler can be as good, if not better, of a 6th man and scorer off the bench than Big Al was last year.

Then we're talking an upgrade of Afflalo to Iggy. For all this talk of Iggy being barely better than Afflalo, just stop. The only edge Afflalo (barely) has is his shooting. Iggy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. Afflalo is a good defender, but very overhyped. Iguodala is a exponentially better passer and rebounder, he's way more athletic, and he drives better. He's going to be explosive in transition with this offense. He'll definitely be more than a 12 ppg guy here, and that wont even be asking him to be a go to guy.

This trade is basically combining the contracts of Afflalo and Harrington for Iguodala. Ultimately, we're getting an upgrade from Afflalo to Iggy while simultaneously giving more minutes to Wilson Chandler to be the 6th man off the bench. Oh, and Karl can no longer ride Big Al like a circus elephant.

Edit: Sidenote, Iggy is a career 15ppg player and dipped to 12.4 last year. I have no doubt he'll at least be 15ppg on the sheer fact of out transition game alone.

Broncoholic3233
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Denver gets:
-Andre Iguodala

Orlando gets:
-Arron Afflalo
-Al Harrington
-1st round pick

Of all the superfluous players added in, no go to the Nuggets, so all that talk of an extra asset were bunk (sadly). But, here's the aftermath. We get rid of Harrington, who is old, inefficient, and injured. While he was our 6th man last year, I have no doubt that Wilson Chandler can be as good, if not better, of a 6th man and scorer off the bench than Big Al was last year.

Then we're talking an upgrade of Afflalo to Iggy. For all this talk of Iggy being barely better than Afflalo, just stop. The only edge Afflalo (barely) has is his shooting. Iggy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. Afflalo is a good defender, but very overhyped. Iguodala is a exponentially better passer and rebounder, he's way more athletic, and he drives better. He's going to be explosive in transition with this offense. He'll definitely be more than a 12 ppg guy here, and that wont even be asking him to be a go to guy.

This trade is basically combining the contracts of Afflalo and Harrington for Iguodala. Ultimately, we're getting an upgrade from Afflalo to Iggy while simultaneously giving more minutes to Wilson Chandler to be the 6th man off the bench. Oh, and Karl can no longer ride Big Al like a circus elephant.

Edit: Sidenote, Iggy is a career 15ppg player and dipped to 12.4 last year. I have no doubt he'll at least be 15ppg on the sheer fact of out transition game alone.

Alright genius. Let's see how you like it when Iggy leaves next year.

That'll be funny.

AAA is on the rise and Iggy has peaked and will be 29.

Orange Pants
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Alright genius. Let's see how you like it when Iggy leaves next year.

That'll be funny.

AAA is on the rise and Iggy has peaked and will be 29.

Ujiri isn't going to let Iggy leave for nothing. If he doesn't want to resign, I have full confidence that Ujiri will trade him for someone who will, like he's done every time.

Atwnbroncfan
08-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Masai Ujiri completed the negotiations, trade, and interview from Nigeria. Geez talk about work ethic.

InElwayWeTrust
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy iggy

johnlimburg
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Denver gets:
-Andre Iguodala

Orlando gets:
-Arron Afflalo
-Al Harrington
-1st round pick

I hate the fact we gave up a first round pick in this however I agree. As much as some raved about Afflallo's defense it seemed shooting guards of opposite teams would go off against the Nuggets all the time. He is a solid defender but had a down year last year on defense. Iggy seems to be one of the best in the league. Iggy also may be not as good as a jump shooter, Afflalo was average last year anyway and missed a lot of open 3's however Iggy looks better at creating his own space. He is way better on taking it to the basket and I think he will fit in well here. Also rebounding and passing seems to go to Iggy as well.

I hope he plays well and is resigned. Like at Gallanari money. Not much more because Ty Lawson will get the max and if we can get Mosgov, Lawson and Iggy resigned. Then we are great for the future. And just as a backup plan we should look to trade Brewer for a backup center with some years left on a contract.

As much as some love Masai I think this is just the same thing he has done with contracts just in a trade. He has overpayed a lot of contracts inclduing Afflalo, Nene and Mcgee and now he overpayed this trade. To get an overpaid player. Next off season will be an interesting one again for the Nuggets.

Well I knew Afflalo was tradable and wasn't at all suprised. I brought up almost this exact trade scenario just for a different player. I was using the exact same assets off our team and got bagged. Hopefully we can all get behind Iggy.

Ryan_Nys
08-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Lol I think Broncoholic is the only one who dislikes this trade.. ya we give up a first but we'll most likely be picking in the 20's either way and after like 6 it becomes a crap shoot. On top of Iggy we also kept our trade exception and relieved our selfs of 43 million in furture salary!! If Iggy doesn't work out we can be done with him in two years.. It's not a long term, death contract. I mean really....what does Afflalo do better then Iggy other then shot a hight % from 3?? Not much...at all.

Atwnbroncfan
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Lol I think Broncoholic is the only one who dislikes this trade.. ya we give up a first but we'll most likely be picking in the 20's either way and after like 6 it becomes a crap shoot. On top of Iggy we also kept our trade exception and relieved our selfs of 43 million in furture salary!! If Iggy doesn't work out we can be done with him in two years.. It's not a long term, death contract. I mean really....what does Afflalo do better then Iggy other then shot a hight % from 3?? Not much...at all.

Go read Kizlas article in the Denver post. He talked to Iggy after the USA won today. Iggy sounded professional but not exactly ecstatic to be headed to Denver.

IF we resign Iggy we shed some salary but not much.

And if we don't resign Iggy. We gave up our 6th man starting SG and a 1st for nothing. This trade is a big roll of the dice. But at the least Masai deserves out trust. He has been good thus far. Although dumping contracts he just signs is a bit odd.

Broncoholic3233
08-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Go read Kizlas article in the Denver post. He talked to Iggy after the USA won today. Iggy sounded professional but not exactly ecstatic to be headed to Denver.

And if we don't resign Iggy. We gave up our 6th man starting SG and a 1st for nothing. This trade is a big roll of the dice. But at the least Masai deserves out trust. He has been good thus far. Although dumping contracts he just signs is a bit odd.

Bingo. Someone speaking some sense.

And Nys whoever you are....plenty of people dislike this trade. PLENTY. twitter, Facebook, this thread, etc...

Im the only one. :laugh:

Broncoholic3233
08-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Now...for the record...here is my full view of the trade.

Do I like it? Hell no.

Do I like Iguodala? Absolutely.

Do I think he is worth what we gave up? Nope.

Do I think we are better team now? Possibly...but not by much at all.

Do I think Iguodala will re-sign with us? No.

Reasons I don't like it....
-Gave up my favorite player who is on the rise. (selfish reason, but he IS on the rise an improving)
-Gave up too much for him.
-We helped the Lakers improve drastically. Yay. This is the MAIN reason. Not because AAA was included.

Now...I'm very excited to see Iggy in a Nuggets jersey even though I think it'll be short lived. After this trade if we can't get farther than last year it was a big failure because of what we gave up.

Pretty much it all hinges on Iggy re-signing. And I'm not optomistic. :shrug:

The Experience
08-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Jeff, Howard to the Lakers was gonna happen regardless..... The Nuggets decided to improve along with LA. If The Nuggets didn't want any part of it then they would have found another team.

beastlyskronk
08-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Afflalo only average 3 more points than Iguodala, Afflalo also took one more shot per game than Iguodala. Denver as a team averaged 11 more points a game than Philly so we had more opportunities to score. Iguodala is a more explosive/athletic player and he's better at creating his own shot so he should be better in the half court. Also the thing I like most about the trade is that when we run into a team with shot blockers, we tend to shy away from driving to the rim because they don't want to get blocked, Iguodala will not hesitate to dunk on someone or at least attempt to dunk on someone.

Lets face it, Iguodala is a better player in just about everything other than shooting. He's a better defender, passer, rebounder. And really Afflalo isn't that much better at shooting than Iguodala.

johnlimburg
08-11-2012, 04:17 AM
He didn't sound to happy about being traded to Denver. However he has been in the same place playing basketball for the past 8 years or so. It is his life and if you compare it to saying going through 8 years of school life with the same friends and in the same area and your parents say we are moving, then your life is changed and you would be angry.

He may over time grow to like it. I am sure he will. He will be on a winning team and have good stats. He will be an all star again I bet. I think you look at Wilson Chandler and he didn't seem happy to be here. However he re-signed for the long term and that probably wasn't expected from his intial interviews.

nic.zeman24
08-11-2012, 05:22 AM
He didn't sound to happy about being traded to Denver. However he has been in the same place playing basketball for the past 8 years or so. It is his life and if you compare it to saying going through 8 years of school life with the same friends and in the same area and your parents say we are moving, then your life is changed and you would be angry.

He may over time grow to like it. I am sure he will. He will be on a winning team and have good stats. He will be an all star again I bet. I think you look at Wilson Chandler and he didn't seem happy to be here. However he re-signed for the long term and that probably wasn't expected from his intial interviews.

That happened to me...

I think he will end up resigning. He can't go back to Philly and I think he will like the team feel here.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Kiszla is an idiot. All it is, is a typical media spin. Kisla is the same clown that said we should trade for Lebron James, like Miami would ever consider that.

To say the Nuggets can't get Iggy to re-sign is way too premature right now. We have a great GM, Great Coach, a young talented roster, and Denver is a great place to live.

I'll put money on it that he'll warm up to Denver after he plays here for a while, and will re-sign if the front office really wants him to - which they should or they wouldn't have just gave up our best leader, AAA.

johnlimburg
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Kiszla is an idiot. All it is, is a typical media spin. Kisla is the same clown that said we should trade for Lebron James, like Miami would ever consider that.

To say the Nuggets can't get Iggy to re-sign is way too premature right now. We have a great GM, Great Coach, a young talented roster, and Denver is a great place to live.

I'll put money on it that he'll warm up to Denver after he plays here for a while, and will re-sign if the front office really wants him to - which they should or they wouldn't have just gave up our best leader, AAA.

Yes Kiszla is an idiot. That has been proven over time. A lot of the local guys are terrible in their coverage of local teams. I don't know what it is like in other cities but some of the Denver guys are a joke.

But on the best leader thing. The leader of the team was clearly Al Harrington. Not Afflalo. Affllalo was the hard worker who maybe led by example if thats what he did but Al Harrington was the voice of the team. I think it is time for Ty Lawson to take over this team and be a consistant aggresive player he has shown glimpses of being.

Broncoholic3233
08-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes Kiszla is an idiot. That has been proven over time. A lot of the local guys are terrible in their coverage of local teams. I don't know what it is like in other cities but some of the Denver guys are a joke.

But on the best leader thing. The leader of the team was clearly Al Harrington. Not Afflalo. Affllalo was the hard worker who maybe led by example if thats what he did but Al Harrington was the voice of the team. I think it is time for Ty Lawson to take over this team and be a consistant aggresive player he has shown glimpses of being.

You just said it yourself. We just traded our two leaders...now what?

Lawson hasn't shown he can be a leader. Hopefully he can be...but who knows.

Leaders of a team are a big deal. And now we traded our main two.

We better hope Ty is up to that challenge and will develop a voice.

The Experience
08-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Iguodala was the leader of the 76ers....

Cyrend
08-11-2012, 10:52 AM
And we still have Andre Miller, who is another leader of the team and we locked him up for 3 years. Iguodala also is a great leader, so he should step in immediately and be one of the guys the young players look up too.

Also, Masai did a similar thing last year when he traded for McGee who only had one year left on his deal. So I'm not all that worried with Iggy's contract situation.

johnlimburg
08-11-2012, 10:53 AM

I said one of the leaders being Harrington. I have seen nothing to really say Afflalo was a leader. That seems to be the company line though so I will go with it. Andre Miller and Geroge Karl are the leaders and you have other guys who have been here for a while now. Gallanari and Lawson I am sure can be those guys for the team. And Iggy was that guy in Philly so maybe he can come here and down the road at some point be that guy.

Broncoholic3233
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Iguodala was the leader of the 76ers....

Your point? Doesn't mean he will be here.

If guys don't like, or respect his attitude when he gets here, he sure as hell won't be. Already doesn't seem happy to be here.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep playing Devil's Advocate too....because it isn't all rainbows and unicorns like a lot of you think it will be. There is a lot involved here. Key piece....him staying long past this year.

Also, I don't care if I am the only one playing Devil's Advocate. I love my Nuggets the same if not more than everyone else here. I'm not gonna just fall in love with this trade because Ujiri made it.

Broncoholic3233
08-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I said one of the leaders being Harrington. I have seen nothing to really say Afflalo was a leader. That seems to be the company line though so I will go with it. Andre Miller and Geroge Karl are the leaders and you have other guys who have been here for a while now. Gallanari and Lawson I am sure can be those guys for the team. And Iggy was that guy in Philly so maybe he can come here and down the road at some point be that guy.

Andre Miller is, yes. So we have one 'for sure' leader...better than nothing I suppose.

George doesn't take any BS either...great coach....love em.

But....there is a lot of 'If's' with the rest of the guys stepping up.

We'll see...

The Experience
08-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Your point? Doesn't mean he will be here.

If guys don't like, or respect his attitude when he gets here, he sure as hell won't be. Already doesn't seem happy to be here.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep playing Devil's Advocate too....because it isn't all rainbows and unicorns like a lot of you think it will be. There is a lot involved here. Key piece....him staying long past this year.
All pure speculation.....

Same dumbasses who said Chandler was "unhappy" here. We all know how that turned out.....

Atwnbroncfan
08-11-2012, 01:18 PM

A. Don't turn this to hate on Kizla. Iggy said what he said. And it was not a ringing endorsement about being in Denver.

B. I never said we couldn't resign him. But it's also not a forgone conclusion either that he would resign.

Cyrend
08-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I think there's a reason that just about every analyst in the NBA thinks this is a good to great move for the Nuggets. Either way, this makes the season all the more interesting!

BluenOrnge4Life
08-11-2012, 06:23 PM
A. Don't turn this to hate on Kizla. Iggy said what he said. And it was not a ringing endorsement about being in Denver.

B. I never said we couldn't resign him. But it's also not a forgone conclusion either that he would resign.

It wasn't a ringing endorsement but it wasn't bad either like Kiszla tried to spin it, comparing Colorado to Alaska.

Kiszla never has anything positive to say about the Nuggets, so it's worth mentioning. Yet, nobody seems to mention that Iguodala tweeted this after the trade went down:

I'm excited to be joining the @denvernuggets and I know my best basketball is ahead of me!

https://twitter.com/mindofAI9

So when I see the same hack who constantly criticizes the Nuggets more than anybody in this town, relay some 'negative' quotes from the newest Nugget, I'm not at all surprised.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-11-2012, 06:29 PM
i'm not all that happy with the trade either, but I'm going to give Ujiri the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I remember posting a while back that you guys shouldn't fall in love with this roster because it's bound to change. Well here it is, and even Scott Hastings isn't sold that they're done changing this roster.

You can't continue to overwhelm people with Depth and expect to win it all. At some point, you have to improve your starting line-up, and the Nuggets think they've done that. Time will tell if they actually have.

johnlimburg
08-11-2012, 07:29 PM
All pure speculation.....

Same dumbasses who said Chandler was "unhappy" here. We all know how that turned out.....

Add I was one of those "dumb asses" who thought that. I didn't think he wanted to be back due to his moby attitude. But some people are just like that. As I said

Andre Miller is, yes. So we have one 'for sure' leader...better than nothing I suppose.

George doesn't take any BS either...great coach....love em.

But....there is a lot of 'If's' with the rest of the guys stepping up.

We'll see...

Thats right. One is enough. And when your coach is a respected coach that does a lot for the team. He is THE leader of the unit. And their has always been a lot of if's about this team stepping up. You are one of the biggest people who uses the world potential for this team and it has always been known this team has room to grow. The leader question doesn't worry me at all. We have George so I am not scared

It wasn't a ringing endorsement but it wasn't bad either like Kiszla tried to spin it, comparing Colorado to Alaska.

Kiszla never has anything positive to say about the Nuggets, so it's worth mentioning. Yet, nobody seems to mention that Iguodala tweeted this after the trade went down:

https://twitter.com/mindofAI9

So when I see the same hack who constantly criticizes the Nuggets more than anybody in this town, relay some 'negative' quotes from the newest Nugget, I'm not at all surprised.

Yeah it looks like it is Kizla being a tool again. Thanks for that quote. I bet he ends up being here long term. I think the analogy to being changed school after being with the same people in the same area for 8 years is a great one. You would pissed and a little scared of the unknown. So I would expect him to bea little angry. He loved Philly and his life was there. Anyone would be angry. But it probably is Kizla trying to make something out of nothing. Again :rolleyes:

Broncoholic3233
08-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh I absolutely think this team has potential. Love the team.

However, I'll continue to play Devil's Advocate because I am not sold on the trade.

Now, if Iggy were to re-sign immediately. I'd change my tune somewhat no doubt. Then I'd at least be comfortable he'd be here while the teams grows and become an integral part of it.

But right now we could simply be renting him for 1 year. We don't know. Scary thought.

johnlimburg
08-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Oh I absolutely think this team has potential. Love the team.

However, I'll continue to play Devil's Advocate because I am not sold on the trade.

Now, if Iggy were to re-sign immediately. I'd change my tune somewhat no doubt. Then I'd at least be comfortable he'd be here while the teams grows and become an integral part of it.

But right now we could simply be renting him for 1 year. We don't know. Scary thought.

Yeah the trade was not great. There were positives obviously but the first round pick kills it for me. If that first wasn't included I would love the trade. Because to upgrade and dump bad long term money is good. But really as good as Masai has been over paying for things has been evident from the long term deals he has handed out.

AllEyezOnZach27
08-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Yeah the trade was not great. There were positives obviously but the first round pick kills it for me. If that first wasn't included I would love the trade. Because to upgrade and dump bad long term money is good. But really as good as Masai has been over paying for things has been evident from the long term deals he has handed out.

Well I think Masai's thought was that we will wash when it comes to the draft picks due to receiving the Knicks future 1st and 2nd round picks. Plus we will be drafting in the 20's again so it wont be a high pick they will receive. Also with the depth and youth of this team, we may not have the space for another low round pick that may or may not even make the team.

We upgrade on defense, get rid of an aging player with bad knees, free up more minutes for Faried and get more chances for Chandler to get minutes. I see this as a win, win situation as long as AI decides to re-sign here long term.

Broncoholic3233
08-12-2012, 03:11 PM

Yup. The first round pick is really weird.

Sorry, but I don't find Iguodala worth a 1st AND AAA AND Harrington. AAA and Harrington....now that would make more sense.

People keep saying....'oh it doesn't matter, it'd be like the 20th pick or later, and those picks don't matter'. Yeah...well I don't agree with that at all.

The team that took the Lakers to 7 games last year, had four of the five players in the starting lineup drafted right around the 20th pick...

-Faried (22nd)
-Lawson (18th)
-Afflalo (27th)
-McGee (18th)

Picks matter a lot. And we threw one away. :shrug:

Den615
08-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Yup. The first round pick is really weird.

Sorry, but I don't find Iguodala worth a 1st AND AAA AND Harrington. AAA and Harrington....now that would make more sense.

People keep saying....'oh it doesn't matter, it'd be like the 20th pick or later, and those picks don't matter'. Yeah...well I don't agree with that at all.
:

Updating a previous item, the Orlando Magic will receive a 2013 second-round pick from Denver, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports.
The pick comes from the Warriors from back in the Carmelo Anthony trade. While the physical talent doesn't seem to be there for Orlando in this deal, they certainly did an admirable job of acquiring picks. The problem is that the other three teams in this monster deal are expected to make the playoffs.

Rotoworld says we are keeping our first, despite what was originally reported. Can someone clear this up?

Broncoholic3233
08-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Rotoworld says we are keeping our first, despite what was originally reported. Can someone clear this up?
Hmmmm. Weird.

First time i've seen that. I've seen 1st everywhere.

So no idea.

johnlimburg
08-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Well it looks like it is a second round pick from us, which I would consider a throw away pick but it could be a first also from either us or the Knicks going to Orlando. Too confusing.

johnlimburg
08-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Well I think Masai's thought was that we will wash when it comes to the draft picks due to receiving the Knicks future 1st and 2nd round picks. Plus we will be drafting in the 20's again so it wont be a high pick they will receive. Also with the depth and youth of this team, we may not have the space for another low round pick that may or may not even make the team.

We upgrade on defense, get rid of an aging player with bad knees, free up more minutes for Faried and get more chances for Chandler to get minutes. I see this as a win, win situation as long as AI decides to re-sign here long term.

The biggest positive for me is that Al was traded. I think the money locked up with him over the next many years is horrible. His knees are bad and overall he is too inconsistant. He loves the 3 ball too much.

I am happy Chandler will now be the 6th man. We have a defender who can take it to Durant potentially now when we play the Thunder and we have more cap flexibility for Ty Lawson and hopefully Iguodala's extension.

The Experience
08-12-2012, 05:44 PM
The biggest positive for me is that Al was traded. I think the money locked up with him over the next many years is horrible. His knees are bad and overall he is too inconsistant. He loves the 3 ball too much.

I am happy Chandler will now be the 6th man. We have a defender who can take it to Durant potentially now when we play the Thunder and we have more cap flexibility for Ty Lawson and hopefully Iguodala's extension.
IMO Iggy is more for Westbrook than Durant. Westbrook is too big and strong for Lawson.

johnlimburg
08-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah but that would mean Lawson on Harden, Sefalosha or someone else who is even more of a mis match. Iggy could do a job on Harden on the permeter cause he always kills us from deep. And I think he could do a better job on Durant then anyone on the team.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/exclusive-andre-iguodala-embraces-move-denver-nuggets

Exclusive: Andre Iguodala embraces move to Denver Nuggets

Whether it was the opening round of the NCAA Tournament or Game 7 of the NBA playoffs, Andre Iguodala always carried himself with a singular focus.

The next game was the most important game and little else mattered.

He took that same approach while helpiong Team USA secure Olympic gold in London. With the gold medal in hand, he turned his attention to joining the Denver Nuggets in their pursuit of an NBA title.

In case there was any question, Iguodala is very much looking forward to joining the Nuggets in the wake of last week’s blockbuster trade that sent him from Philadelphia to the Mile High City.

“As soon as I made the Olympic Team, my focus was all on USA Basketball and winning a gold medal,” Iguodala told Nuggets.com. “I didn't let that change when the trade went down, so it really wasn't until I left London that I started to really think about it and get excited.

"I really like what they're building in Denver and I look forward to being a part of it."

The Nuggets acquired the All-Star swingman from the 76ers on Friday as part of a four-team, 12-player deal that also included the Los Angeles Lakers and the Orlando Magic.

The trade became official in the midst of Team USA’s gold-medal run in London, and Iguodala tried to politely deflect questions about his new NBA destination.

During one post-trade interview, he said he was thankful for the opportunity to play in the NBA and added that he would be happy playing basketball anywhere – even in Alaska. Some misconstrued the comments as ambivalence toward the Nuggets.

Behind the scenes, Nuggets president Josh Kroenke got a much different impression.

“Andre is someone we’ve coveted for years,” Kroenke said. “I met him a few years ago, and I had the chance to spend some time with him in London after the trade. His passion and excitement are contagious. He doesn’t care about headlines. He just wants to play ball and win, period. Playground. Olympics. NBA. Alaska."

Having helped Philadelphia advance to the playoffs in four of the past five years, Iguodala is a proven winner. In Denver, he will join one of only three franchises to reach the playoffs in each of the past nine seasons.

Rest assured, Iguodala has taken notice of the success.

"I like the roster that Josh and (executive vice president of basketball operations) Masai (Ujiri) have assembled,” Iguodala said. “It's a high-energy group with a lot of athleticism.

“I've played with Andre Miller and know how valuable a player he is. Ty (Lawson) is one of the best young point guards in the league and Danilo (Gallinari) can really stretch the defense with his shooting and can do a lot of other good things offensively. The young bigs like JaVale (McGee), (Kenneth) Faried and (Timofey) Mozgov are all talented guys who will only continue to get better."

Already considered one of the fastest, most athletic teams in the NBA, the Nuggets managed to get even faster and more athletic by trading shooting guard Arron Afflalo and forward Al Harrington for Iguodala.

They also added an elite perimeter defender who has been in the top 10 in steals six times and an NBA All-Defensive Second Team selection in 2010-11.

"To get a player like that, you obviously have to give up a lot,” Kroenke said. “We lost two leaders in Arron and Al, but we feel good headed into the season and added a dimension that’s rare in basketball – an All-Star who can do a little bit of everything and doesn’t need to get you 30 points to win.

“He just represented his country alongside other elite NBA players and brought home a gold medal. Andre is unquestionably a huge addition to our team."

It also should be a good fit. Nuggets coach George Karl loves to run; Iguodala loves to run. Denver loves to create offense with its defense; Iguodala is a lockdown defender who can create turnovers.

“I think my strengths as a player fit in very well with Coach Karl's system and the way he likes to play,” Iguodala said. “I like a more up-tempo game, and I know this team gets up and down the floor being among the league leaders in scoring and possessions per game last year."

If that’s not enough to convince people that Iguodala is excited about joining the Nuggets, just follow the evidence on social media.

Shortly after the trade became official on Friday, Iguodala tweeted that he was excited to be heading to Denver. On Tuesday, he sought out the names of Nuggets on Twitter, so he could connect with his new teammates.

While respectful of the past, Iguodala is focused on his future.

“This was a great year for me - making the All-Star team, leading Philly into the second round of the playoffs and winning a gold medal with our Olympic team,” he said. “I'm looking forward to building off that, and I think Denver offers me a great place to do it."

Come opening night, Nuggets fans should be just as excited as Iguodala.

Atwnbroncfan
08-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Iggy said all the right things today. But let's be real, he'll still want to be paid.

CoryWinget81
08-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Iggy said all the right things today. But let's be real, he'll still want to be paid.

Think he was bsing about Melo talking up Karl and the Nuggets?

MegaOrange
08-16-2012, 11:36 AM

I don't think so, I don't think Melo hated it here, he just wanted to live out his dream. I think the Nuggets accomodated him, treated him with respect, and were very honest with him.

Atwnbroncfan
08-16-2012, 12:28 PM

It's possible very possible. It was well known melo and Karl hated each other.

MegaOrange
08-16-2012, 12:40 PM
It's possible very possible. It was well known melo and Karl hated each other.

Really, why did Melo seek Karl out to meet with him in NY? So he could tell him he hated him? Were they best of buddies, no. But hated each other, not even close. I would say there is a difference of opinion on how to play the game and a mutual respect.

Broncoholic3233
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Really, why did Melo seek Karl out to meet with him in NY? So he could tell him he hated him? Were they best of buddies, no. But hated each other, not even close. I would say there is a difference of opinion on how to play the game and a mutual respect.

They absolutely couldn't stand each other. Gimme a damn break.

There was so much tension between the two it was ridiculous. They couldn't stand each other. They both trash talked one another. Especially after the trade.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Iggy said all the right things today. But let's be real, he'll still want to be paid.The Nuggets will pay him if he comes in and plays well.

MegaOrange
08-16-2012, 02:30 PM
They absolutely couldn't stand each other. Gimme a damn break.

There was so much tension between the two it was ridiculous. They couldn't stand each other. They both trash talked one another. Especially after the trade.

There was some trash talk after the trade but Melo sought out Karl in New York and cleared the air. Nobody ever read that because they(you) love the drama more than the truth.

Broncoholic3233
08-16-2012, 05:09 PM
There was some trash talk after the trade but Melo sought out Karl in New York and cleared the air. Nobody ever read that because they(you) love the drama more than the truth.

Oh yeah. You caught me. I love drama concerning my team

:rolleyes:

I don't think you've ever watched a single Nuggets game. Seem like a Melo fan to me.

Where were you during the season when we were all chattin Nugs ball?

beastlyskronk
08-16-2012, 06:15 PM

I don't think you've ever watched a single Nuggets game. Seem like a Melo fan to me.

He signed up last month...

Broncoholic3233
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
He signed up last month...

Oh I see.

You can't see join dates on the phone, smarty pants.

Broncoholic3233
08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Anyways...

After watching the presser, I do feel a 'little' more comfortable. Andre said he doesn't want this to be a 'one year thing', which fans, including myself are afraid of. I mean, of course he is going to say that, but he seemed pretty sincere about it which is a good thing.

I've always like Iguodala, and am excited to see what he brings to the team. Still not a fan of the team, but seeing his #9 Nuggets jersey, has me pretty hyped up for next season.

Here is the transcript for those who haven't read/watched the interview:

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/andre-iguodala-press-conference-transcript

Broncoholic3233
08-16-2012, 09:13 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-set4/release/nuggets/sites/nuggets/files/imagecache/nuggets_standard/iguodala_gmportrait_1_230.jpg

After eight years in the City of Brotherly Love, Andre Iguodala is seeking another long-term relationship – this time with the Denver Nuggets.

Iguodala made it clear that he considers Denver to be an NBA destination city during his introductory press conference Thursday at Pepsi Center.

Though he can opt out of the final year of his contract next summer, the All-Star swingman said he could see himself finishing his career with the Nuggets.

“We aren’t coming in to this thinking this is just a one-year deal,” Iguodala said. “We are looking to the future and definitely looking ahead, looking to see how we can go forward so this isn’t a quick stop for me.”

Even before he was traded from Philadelphia to Denver as part of a four-team deal on Aug. 10, Iguodala said he had heard great things about the Nuggets. One of the endorsements came from former Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, his teammate on the U.S. Olympic team.

“Carmelo actually spoke about coach (George) Karl before the trade,” Iguodala said. “We were just in the weight room talking basketball and I asked him about what Denver was like. He said I would be the perfect fit for coach Karl – like he and I would really gel together.”

If first impressions are any indication, Iguodala will fit in just fine.

During a whirlwind visit Thursday, he chatted with Karl about the Denver lifestyle and potential golf courses. Iguodala later shook hands with season ticket holders and thanked them for their support.

He even poked fun of his new boss, Nuggets president Josh Kroenke. The two met a few years ago at the wedding of a mutual friend. Kroenke was just getting his start in the NBA at that time.

“All he had was a Rolex (watch), some jeans and a white polo,” Iguodala said, drawing a laugh from Kroenke sitting to his right. “He said, ‘All I have is this Rolex and nothing else.’ We had a great time with one another and we bonded. How we came to this point is so funny.”

Kroenke is one of several familiar faces as Iguodala begins a new chapter in his career. He played with Nuggets point guard Andre Miller for three seasons in Philadelphia, and he got to know center JaVale McGee through USA Basketball.

Iguodala also shares a University of Arizona connection with Denver assistant coach/advance scout Jesse Mermuys.

“I know a few of the guys from different places,” Iguodala said. “I think we all have a respect for one another. I think they respect my game as well as I respect theirs. I just want to come in and work hard and (lead) that way. I’ve done that throughout my whole career – leading on the court first and everything else vocally comes after that.”

Though he’s only 28, Iguodala has the second-most NBA experience of anyone on the Nuggets’ roster (Miller leads the way with 13 years). He is a candidate to be a captain on a team with high expectations in the Western Conference.

“My focus is to help our team, not only to go out there and to play to the best of our abilities but to believe that we are going to put ourselves in contention to be at the top of the West, no matter what anybody else says,” Iguodala said. “We are going to go out there and play for one thing, and that is a championship.”

Iguodala’s ambition is among the many attributes the Nuggets love about him. They have long coveted his athleticism, rebounding, defensive prowess, playmaking skills and ability to get to the rim.

After past attempts to bring him to Denver, the Nuggets finally got their man.

“We’ve looked at different scenarios with our team, and he’s somebody that we can say we’ve had interest in,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “We lost a couple really good players and good people in Al (Harrington) and Arron (Afflalo). We wish them luck, but Andre is good for us and we’re excited.”

Yes, the Nuggets and Iguodala hope this is just the beginning of a long-lasting relationship.
http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/nuggets-andre-iguodala-share-long-term-vision

MegaOrange
08-17-2012, 06:21 AM

Never been a big fan of Melo.

How long have I been a Nuggets fan?....I have a program with autographs from Danny Schayes and Fat Lever.

I did most of my posting on ESPN but since they "upgraded" their forums they just don't seem to work as well.

BluenOrnge4Life
08-17-2012, 08:57 AM

How long have I been a Nuggets fan?....I have a program with autographs from Danny Schayes and Fat Lever.

I did most of my posting on ESPN but since they "upgraded" their forums they just don't seem to work as well.

Most people on these boards aren't Melo fans either. He's not a Superstar. He's a great scorer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Broncoholic3233
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Then why defend Melo and Karl's relationship?

They both hated each other. It's common knowledge. That is NOT to say they don't respect each other though.

Karl's a great coach. Melo is a great player. However, they did not gel at all. Had countless run-ins. And really just frankly hated each other.

Melo said to Iggy, that Iggy would be a great fit for Karl. Which is true. He's fast, athletic, can pass and is a leader and not a ball hog.

beastlyskronk
08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Anyone think we should bring in Andray Blatche to compete with Anthony Randolph for a PF spot? Obviously Blatche was terrible his last year but if what he says in his recent interview is true then he's definitely a gamer. Playing with a torn calf? He definitely has heart. And he has more size and strength than Randolph and Faried, not to mention that he has already proven that he can play. Sign him to a low contract and if he succeeds then we got another good player, if he doesn't then we don't lose much.

MegaOrange
08-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Then why defend Melo and Karl's relationship?

They both hated each other. It's common knowledge. That is NOT to say they don't respect each other though.

Karl's a great coach. Melo is a great player. However, they did not gel at all. Had countless run-ins. And really just frankly hated each other.

Melo said to Iggy, that Iggy would be a great fit for Karl. Which is true. He's fast, athletic, can pass and is a leader and not a ball hog.

I guess it just come down to definitions of hate. I reserve hate for really the top of relationship issues. Sprewell vs. PJ = Hate. That's pretty much top end. Karl vs. Melo - somewhere well below hate.

The Experience
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone think we should bring in Andray Blatche to compete with Anthony Randolph for a PF spot? Obviously Blatche was terrible his last year but if what he says in his recent interview is true then he's definitely a gamer. Playing with a torn calf? He definitely has heart. And he has more size and strength than Randolph and Faried, not to mention that he has already proven that he can play. Sign him to a low contract and if he succeeds then we got another good player, if he doesn't then we don't lose much.

Blatche is a headcase, no thanks.

Atwnbroncfan
08-20-2012, 06:58 PM

You want to bring in the player that got into fist fights with McGee? Sounds like a bad idea.