PDA

View Full Version : [Outlaws] Outlaws come back from nine goals down, advance to tomorrow's title game

famicommander
08-25-2012, 06:09 PM
The Denver Outlaws, the local Major League Lacrosse franchise owned by our very own Pat Bowlen, played a semifinal game today against the Long Island Lizards.

The Outlaws' best player and league MVP Brendan Mundorf sprained an ankle yesterday and couldn't play, and Denver came out completely flat. With 11:32 left in the third quarter they trailed by a staggering 12-3 deficit. It was ugly.

And then what happened? Well, the Outlaws proceeded to score ten consecutive goals and shut LI out the rest of the way, winning 13-12 and advancing to tomorrow's championship game. It was the largest comeback in playoff

Story here:
http://denveroutlaws.com/press-release/6175/recordsetting-comeback-propels-outlaws/

The Outlaws will play the Chesapeake Bayhawks tomorrow in the MLL Championship Game. It will be televised live on ESPN2 and will also air online on ESPN3.

The game starts at 1:00 MST, so you can at least check it out while you're waiting for Manning Time. And it should be the end of the fourth around the time the Broncos are at halftime.

So anyway, go Outlaws! Bring us a title home:salute:

famicommander
08-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey mods/staff, why isn't there a tag for the Outlaws? They're owned by the Broncos for crying out loud! I had to tag it as an Avs thread just so I could post it.

And for that matter, how about the Mammoth and Rapids?

msusc
08-25-2012, 08:44 PM
If anyone wants to rewatch it, its on espn3. Not sure how long it will be up for, but here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/538384/size/condensed/

Broncoholic3233
08-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey mods/staff, why isn't there a tag for the Outlaws? They're owned by the Broncos for crying out loud! I had to tag it as an Avs thread just so I could post it.

And for that matter, how about the Mammoth and Rapids?

I was the one who really petitioned hard to get this section.

It is meant more for the 'Big 4' Pro CO teams (aside from the Broncos). You are allowed to talk about the other teams however, but that wasn't what was on our mind when this section was opened.

PM Alastor. He might be able to add the other teams to the 'Tags' when he gets a chance.