PDA

View Full Version : Rate BH3233's Team

Broncoholic3233
08-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Here is one of my money league teams for this season.

I drafted 4th, was supposed to draft 8th, but yahoo messed up the draft order, so we all had to wing it.

It's out of 10 players.

Here it is, not sure what I think of it, your opinions are appreciated.

QB - Phillip Rivers (7)
WR - Steve Smith (6)
WR - Percy Harvin (11)
RB - LeSean McCoy (7)
RB - Demarco Murray (5)
TE - Aaron Hernandez (9)
W/R - Jamaal Charles (7)
K - Matt Prater (7)
D - New England (9)
BN - Reggie Bush (7)
BN - Stevan Ridley (9)
BN - Reggie Wayne (4)
BN - Lance Moore (6)
BN - Andy Dalton (8)
BN - Brandon Pettigrew (5)

InsaneBlaze23
08-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Meh.
Is it a standard league or ppr? Either way I think it's a meh team.

sbxxxiichamps
08-26-2012, 06:52 AM
I wouldn't call it elite, but Id say its pretty good.

I'm liking Lesean McCoy and I think Jamaal Charles will be back to form. And even Reggie Bush and Demarco Murray could go for a solid amount of big weeks. So your RBs I say are nicely done :thumb:

Your recievers Id say are going to be boom or bust. Steve Smith's numbers depend on whether Cam plays like himself in the first half of last year or the 2nd half. Percy Harvin will shine here and there and then be dreadful other weeks with Ponder throwing. And Reggie Wayne could be solid or suffer heavily from Luck's growing pains...(but I think he'll be solid :D)

Rivers also tends to be a good fantasy QB.

So overall...Id say pretty good :D

EddieMac
08-26-2012, 06:59 AM
You got a lot of player that are capable of going off this year. I would be excited about that team. Rivers is usually a great FF QB so N/P there. Your 3 starting RB's (including Charles) could produce a lot of points and are all the clear starters for their teams. My worries are two of them are coming off major injury.

WR might be your weakest point but you have some solid players there.

Considering it is a 10 team league I think it's good.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks. That's how I have kind of viewed it as well.

A somewhat risky team in some areas....that could explode.

I think Steve Smith will be solid, even if Cam hits a sophmore slump. He's still going to be the go to WR, and he's proven he's reliable.

Reggie Wayne is more than likely going to be my 2nd starter. I like him and Luck together from what I've seen and heard, and well...it's Reggie Wayne.

Percy Harvin...that was a tough pick to make due to his QB. But even last year, he had 1300 yards from receiving/running.

Lance Moore....he's a NO WR. He'll get his numbers, however, he won't put up huge numbers or anything, and you'll never know what week he'll get his numbers. He'll be on the bench a lot, I bet.

Now for RB...that was tough.

LeSean McCoy...not my favorite RB...but at 4th, he was the best one available. I feel pretty safe with this pick, and feel he'll have a great year.

Demarco Murray...ugh. Didn't necessarily want to draft him there...but wanted another WR...and well...he has the 'potential' to have a pick year.

Jamaal Charles....I debated between him and Steven Jackson for the entire draft allotment time. Chose Charles obviously. He definitely has a bigger upside, and I've read he has his burst back from pre-injury. However, Hillis may steal some of his TD carries for sure. He's a risk...but a risk I felt was worth taking.

Reggie Bush...we'll he's an explosive player...but plays on the lowly Dolphins. We'll see...he's the only real threat there...but as the only real threat...he's going to draw a lot of attention. Good backup to have though.

Stevan Ridely...think he'll end up being the feature back in NE. Now, that doesn't mean he'll put up big numbers...but he'll at least be the featured back.

I'm happy with my TE's in Hernandez and Pettigrew...too solid TE's...and possible trade bait.

Wanted Manning, but he was taken...and Phillip was the best available. He is hurting at WR...but doubt that will stop him. Then, I like Dalton as my backup and emergency QB.

Like I said....I didn't really expect any of these players. Was supposed to draft 8th...prepared for 8th...and ended up drafting 4th. But...after winging it...I feel alright with it.

BroncosDivision
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Some interesting sleepers on that roster.

Could pay big dividends but for a 10 man league, I grade it C-. I'm liking its potential though.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Some interesting sleepers on that roster.

Could pay big dividends but for a 10 man league, I grade it C-. I'm liking its potential though.

I think a C- is pretty low.

I guess I get why you rated it like that...but I have at least 1 solid person at each position. Then some huge potential down the list.

Don't think it warrants that low of a rating ;) . But don't expect like an A or anything either...like I said...I don't even know what to think of my team. Wasn't expecting anything like this.

BroncosDivision
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
It's one of the more interesting rosters I've seen, looks much like something I would draft myself in my tester league. Not a fan favorite or whatever you wanna call it but like I said, lots of sleepers and potential on your roster if you ask me.

Let me elaborate on my grade. I take into account the size of your league, drafting pos, projection curves (previous years, WR/RB 2+ yrs), league rules if mentioned (beneficial to your team or not, for example; kicker - avg distance etc). Pre regular season start, this looks like C- to me with a high ceiling.

Not bad at all. This is all speculation anyway. At the end of the day, a grade A has a high percentage chance of disappointing, C-, not so much. :thumb:

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 12:07 PM
It's one of the more interesting rosters I've seen, looks much like something I would draft myself in my tester league. Not a fan favorite or whatever you wanna call it but like I said, lots of sleepers and potential on your roster if you ask me.

Let me elaborate on my grade. I take into account the size of your league, drafting pos, projection curves (previous years, WR/RB 2+ yrs), league rules if mentioned (beneficial to your team or not, for example; kicker - avg distance etc). Pre regular season start, this looks like C- to me with a high ceiling.

Not bad at all. This is all speculation anyway. At the end of the day, a grade A has a high percentage chance of disappointing, C-, not so much. :thumb:

Gotcha. Yeah, very interesting roster.

Appreciate the feedback. :)

EddieMac
08-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Your team is one that could explode or implode as I said. I am a safer plugger type drafter ( see CW's draft thread) but I like that you got some explosive talent. You have great depth for a 10 team league and if all the injuries are taken care off this is a playoff team.

I look at it as your #4 RB is Reggie Bush...that is good depth as he catches a lot of balls.
Your WR's will make you pull out your hair because of streakiness and/or rookie QB's
Your QB is solid even in a bad year. I don't like Dalton as a backup but he is better than a lot out there.
Your TE's are rock solid.
NE D does generate turnovers so they will be middle of the road.

Again, a 10 team league, this is good/great. IMO.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Your team is one that could explode or implode as I said. I am a safer plugger type drafter ( see CW's draft thread) but I like that you got some explosive talent. You have great depth for a 10 team league and if all the injuries are taken care off this is a playoff team.

I look at it as your #4 RB is Reggie Bush...that is good depth as he catches a lot of balls.
Your WR's will make you pull out your hair because of streakiness and/or rookie QB's
Your QB is solid even in a bad year. I don't like Dalton as a backup but he is better than a lot out there.
Your TE's are rock solid.
NE D does generate turnovers so they will be middle of the road.

Again, a 10 team league, this is good/great. IMO.

Yeah. I gotcha. I used to be a pretty safe drafter. But decided to take more risk this year, as it worked for me last year.

Cory is in this money league with me. He drafted 5th, right behind me.

HUMCALC
08-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Anywhere from a C to a B+

SoundsOfSuccess
08-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Very risky team.

That said, you may be in good shape, because you have so many risky players. Enough of them should pan out for you to be alright.

Be confident in your team but don't be content.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Very risky team.

That said, you may be in good shape, because you have so many risky players. Enough of them should pan out for you to be alright.

Be confident in your team but don't be content.

Sure, it is risky.

However, I am content with it and very confident with it.

Especially looking at the other teams in the league.

High risk, high reward. That's what I am looking at with this team. However, my #1's are very consistent. So, I didn't even go 'all risk'.

Thanks for the feedback!

Atwnbroncfan
08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Its gonna be hit or miss man. Seems like a lot of smaller injury prone players. Hopefully it works out.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Its gonna be hit or miss man. Seems like a lot of smaller injury prone players. Hopefully it works out.

Yup. I am leaning more on the hit side, but, it's my team...so I am a bit biased. ;)

Just curious, who do you think is 'injury prone' on this squad?

Charles, Bush, who else?

Remedy
08-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Murray has been banged up in pre-season too if I am not mistaken.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Murray has been banged up in pre-season too if I am not mistaken.

Yeah. Not sure. That's why I was asking. Don't follow Murray at all.

Didn't really like the pick. But, upside is pretty high haha

CoryWinget81
08-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah. Not sure. That's why I was asking. Don't follow Murray at all.

Didn't really like the pick. But, upside is pretty high haha

Steve Smith can be oft-nicked too.

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Steve Smith can be oft-nicked too.

Hope not. Really can see another huge year out of him, even if Cam isn't last years Cam.

But yeah, he is sometimes nicked.

Atwnbroncfan
08-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Yup. I am leaning more on the hit side, but, it's my team...so I am a bit biased. ;)

Just curious, who do you think is 'injury prone' on this squad?

Charles, Bush, who else?

Charles, Bush. For some reason I thought Harvin and Smith were. But looking into it they are not. I probably just assumed it because they are smaller guys

Broncoholic3233
08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Charles, Bush. For some reason I thought Harvin and Smith were. But looking into it they are not. I probably just assumed it because they are smaller guys

Smith is occasionally nicked, but usually just more dinged than anything. Nothing serious.