PDA

View Full Version : NFC North.

Pages : [1] 2

bears6385
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
1) Bears......Best balance in the North between offense, defense, and special teams.

2) Packers.....Best offense in the NFC. Will make playoffs as wildcard.

3) Lions.......Stafford to Johnson, best combo in the league. Could also make playoffs.

4) Vikings.....Bring up the rear, but could be a factor in this race.

HavoK471
09-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Definitely the best division in the league, it should be fun seeing how things end up

Wouldn't be surprised to see three of the teams end up in the playoffs and do well

ERoyal248
09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
1- GB
2- Chi
3- Det
4- Minn

InsaneBlaze23
09-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Chicago's defense is getting old. Green Bay actually improved their defense, so don't brush off their ability to play D.

Bears are gonna get swept by Green Bay and split with Detroit and Minny.

HavoK471
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Chicago's defense is getting old. Green Bay actually improved their defense, so don't brush off their ability to play D.

Bears are gonna get swept by Green Bay and split with Detroit and Minny.

But their offense did improve significantly

I don't think GB sweeps the Bears

Denver Mike
09-05-2012, 04:11 PM
1) Bears......Best balance in the North between offense, defense, and special teams.

2) Packers.....Best offense in the NFC. Will make playoffs as wildcard.

3) Lions.......Stafford to Johnson, best combo in the league. Could also make playoffs.

4) Vikings.....Bring up the rear, but could be a factor in this race.

I disagree with the Bears having the best combination. Chicago's O-line is a joke, in honesty they would be destroyed if they had to play the Giants, Pittsburgh, or even us for that matter...

Plus their D is aged, not near what it was 3 years ago...

#1- Greenbay Packers.

The Aaron Rodgers project went 15-1 last year. And out of respect, they are the best team in this league until spoken otherwise.

#2- Detroit Lions

This team by far is more complete than the remaining 3 in the division. I like their defensive line far more than Chicago's. And Stafford to Johnson is 10x deadlier than Cutler to Marshall

#3- Chicago Bears

Cutler to Bmarsh is sick. Not to the potential of Stafford and Johnson, and a terrible O-line to boot. But their ztill leap and bounds over minni.

#4 Minnesota Vikings

Ponder? Curiously interesting. However right now this team completely is held up by AP, and Jared Allen.. And right now this team needs more than just 2 bright spots to fight the Bears for basement dweller

bears6385
09-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Bears are gonna get swept by Green Bay and split with Detroit and Minny.If you are going to make an issue of the age on the Bears defense you really have to take a look at exactly who you are talking about. Urlacher 34, but coming off pro bowl seasons in 2010 and 2011. Still one of the best in the game. Peppers 32, one of the two or three best 4-3 DE's in the game today. Briggs 31, seven pro bowls in a row. Tillman 31, yet another pro bowl player. As of 2011 none of these players have shown any sign of slowing down.

What gets overlooked about the Bears defense is the YOUNG players the Bears have brought in over the last few years. Melton, Wright, Paea, Conte, McClellin, Hardin.

Other than Perry I don't see any other defensive player who could have much of an impact on that side of the ball for the Packers.

InsaneBlaze23
09-05-2012, 04:57 PM
If you are going to make an issue of the age on the Bears defense you really have to take a look at exactly who you are talking about. Urlacher 34, but coming off pro bowl seasons in 2010 and 2011. Still one of the best in the game. Peppers 32, one of the two or three best 4-3 DE's in the game today. Briggs 31, seven pro bowls in a row. Tillman 31, yet another pro bowl player. As of 2011 none of these players have shown any sign of slowing down.

What gets overlooked about the Bears defense is the YOUNG players the Bears have brought in over the last few years. Melton, Wright, Paea, Conte, McClellin, Hardin.

Other than Perry I don't see any other defensive player who could have much of an impact on that side of the ball for the Packers.

You're a Bears fan. You think the Bears defense is better than any defense in the NFL.

Clearly you don't pay much attention to other teams in the NFL, it wasn't too long ago when the Packers had one of the top defenses in the NFL. Majority of the defenders from that Super Bowl year is still on the team.

So based off you post, Tramon Williams will have no impact, Clay Matthews will have no impact, Jerel Worthy will have no impact, Sam Shields will have no impact, Charles Woodson will have no impact, Morgan Burnett(in underrated player) will also have zero impact, and I guess we can say B.J Raji will also have no impact. But of all players on the packers defense, you pick the rookie Nick Perry to have a bigger impact than anyone else on the team.

The Bears didn't do anything over the offseason to make them a better team than the Packers. They still have a mediocre OL, and Jay Cutler is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers level. Oh my they got Brandon Marshall. Yeah I'll take a healthy Greg Jennings, a healthy Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Randall Cobb over any wide out the Bears can put on the field. In the Packers improved their OL a little bit and added some rushing help.

As I said, the Packers will sweep the Bears. In if Detroit can fix their inability to stop the run and at least have their secondary defend the pass...The Bears wont make the playoffs.

bears6385
09-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I disagree with the Bears having the best combination. Chicago's O-line is a joke, in honesty they would be destroyed if they had to play the Giants, Pittsburgh, or even us for that matter...

Plus their D is aged, not near what it was 3 years ago...

#1- Greenbay Packers.

The Aaron Rodgers project went 15-1 last year. And out of respect, they are the best team in this league until spoken otherwise.

#2- Detroit Lions

This team by far is more complete than the remaining 3 in the division. I like their defensive line far more than Chicago's. And Stafford to Johnson is 10x deadlier than Cutler to Marshall

#3- Chicago Bears

Cutler to Bmarsh is sick. Not to the potential of Stafford and Johnson, and a terrible O-line to boot. But their ztill leap and bounds over minni.

#4 Minnesota Vikings

Ponder? Curiously interesting. However right now this team completely is held up by AP, and Jared Allen.. And right now this team needs more than just 2 bright spots to fight the Bears for basement dwellerActually the Bears OLine was playing quite well with Cutler under center before he was injured. Cutler was sacked 23 times in 10 games, but 14 of those sacks came in the first 3 games of the season. Over Cutler's last 3 games he was sacked twice. His sack pct. was 2.3 which was about league average. Even with all the injuries the Bears had on the OL last year, they could run the ball, 3 different RB's had 100 yard games, and before he was hurt Forte was haveing a monster year. Also with Martz gone the Bears OT's will not be on an island as much. Sacks and pressures will go down with Tice as OC with more 3 and 5 step drops, and less 7 step drops. Get the ball out of Cutler's hand quickly to huge wr's Marshall and Jeffery, and pound the ball with Forte and Bush.

Again........the Bears have 4 pro bowl players who are 34, 32, 31,31, and not one of them appears to be slowing down.

I look for the Bears to go 4-2 in the NFCN.

bears6385
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
You're a Bears fan. You think the Bears defense is better than any defense in the NFL.

Clearly you don't pay much attention to other teams in the NFL, it wasn't too long ago when the Packers had one of the top defenses in the NFL. Majority of the defenders from that Super Bowl year is still on the team.

So based off you post, Tramon Williams will have no impact, Clay Matthews will have no impact, Jerel Worthy will have no impact, Sam Shields will have no impact, Charles Woodson will have no impact, Morgan Burnett(in underrated player) will also have zero impact, and I guess we can say B.J Raji will also have no impact. But of all players on the packers defense, you pick the rookie Nick Perry to have a bigger impact than anyone else on the team.

The Bears didn't do anything over the offseason to make them a better team than the Packers. They still have a mediocre OL, and Jay Cutler is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers level. Oh my they got Brandon Marshall. Yeah I'll take a healthy Greg Jennings, a healthy Jermichael Finley, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and Randall Cobb over any wide out the Bears can put on the field. In the Packers improved their OL a little bit and added some rushing help.

As I said, the Packers will sweep the Bears. In if Detroit can fix their inability to stop the run and at least have their secondary defend the pass...The Bears wont make the playoffs.Yes I am a Bear fan, and yes even in a down year the Bears had the best defense in the NFCN in 2011. A defense that has brought in a number of young defenders to bolster that defense in 2012.

The Packers were #32 in total defense last year, so the only place they can go is up.

Packers DL......Worthy, a rookie, so who knows what he will bring over the course of the 2012 season. Raja, went to the pro bowl in 2011, but was not the best player on that line, Pickett was, as underrated player, as Raja was overrated in 2011. Pack needs the Raja of 2010 to improve upfront.

LB..........Bishop is a huge loss, Hawk was horrible in 2011, Matthews, the best player on that defense, but he needs help, I like Perry in that role. Off the preseason he looks like he can make that move from college DL to pro OLB.

DB......Packers have yet to replace Collins. Burnett has never played FS and has had injury problems. Williams shoulder still is not 100%, and may not be this season, Woodson is an older player who may have lost a step, but still makes plays, just like Urlacher.

Packers have lost three key players from that 2010 championship team that will be hard to replace. Cullen Jenkins, still have not found a DE to replace him. Packers were foolish to let him walk. Bishop, was the best defender on the Packers last year. Collins, there is not anyone on the Packers roster that can replace him.

Until proven otherwise the Lions defense can't stop the run, 23rd the last two seasons with the same group, and they are even worse in the secondary than in 2011 with the loss of Wright and Berry.

ERoyal248
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Urlacher is 34 or 35, and just said his knee may never be the same...

Yes, their D isn't what is used to be.

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah I love this division in recent seasons and currently. The Bears have improved but c'mon, the Pack is just gonna be tough to beat out.

Unless they end up beating each other up the wildcard could come out of this division

I got

Pack (interchangeable 1st or 2nd)
Lions (interchangeable 1st or 2nd)
Bears
Vikes

Frankenpost
09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Yeah very tough Division the NFC North.

With that said, i honestly think the Vikings will be basement dwellers. :coffee:

Next up the Lions, they just shoot themselves in the foot constantly. There not a very disciplined team, their dirty and lack self control.

Packers are good team, but they have to play a 15-1 schedule and their defense sucks.

Which leaves the Bears, they finally got around to giving Jay some weaponds. I don't care about how old their defense is, it's a great defense. They almost beat us with Caleb Hanie and no Forte. Thank god they didn't.

The Bears kinda look like the 2008 Broncos, but with better defense which is why they'll win the North.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/cutlermarshall-300x297.jpg

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50393782/turbine/sc-spt-0826-nfl-nfc-north-caps--20120826-001/600

Alpha
09-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Since when does unproven rookies make a defense the best? GB just added a bunch of rookies they drafted to there D line and that makes them better?

#24 Next Champ
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I think the Bears win it

bears6385
09-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Bears..........1-0, Offense, Defense, Special Teams all made plays today.

Lions..........1-0, Rams played them tough today, but still managed to find a way to win.

Vikings........1-0, Won the battle of also rans.

Packers.......0-1, Defense let them down today. Did not get the turnovers to help the offense out.

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Bears..........1-0, Offense, Defense, Special Teams all made plays today.

Lions..........1-0, Rams played them tough today, but still managed to find a way to win.

Vikings........1-0, Won the battle of also rans.

Packers.......0-1, Defense let them down today. Did not get the turnovers to help the offense out.

I don't think their D let them down, they didn't play well but if GB can't win a shootout against SF... They are not going very far this year.

bears6385
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Yes, their D isn't what is used to be.Still the best defense in this division. Caused 4 turnovers and gave up just 14 points today. Jay gave up the other td with a pick 6.

InsaneBlaze23
09-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Lol leave it to Bears fans to be so happy about beating a the Colts. Beat somebody worth talking about.

bears6385
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Lol leave it to Bears fans to be so happy about beating a the Colts. Beat somebody worth talking about.Bears did what they were supposed to do...........beat up bad teams like the Colts. Saints could not beat an average Skins team at home, Lions struggled against a bad Rams team. You think Saints and Lion fans are happy about the way their teams played today?

You best the teams that are put in front of you..........Packers are next up, so we will see happens on Thurs. night.

InsaneBlaze23
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Like I said before, Green Bay will sweep the Bears.

ERoyal248
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Still the best defense in this division. Caused 4 turnovers and gave up just 14 points today. Jay gave up the other td with a pick 6.

lol, as if that's something to brag about.

Congrats on beating one of the worst defenses in football.

bears6385
09-10-2012, 04:18 PM
lol, as if that's something to brag about.

Congrats on beating one of the worst defenses in football.And we play another bad D on Thurs.

09-11-2012, 06:34 AM
We will know a lot more Thursday night. Have to savor this victory until then.

ERoyal248
09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
And we play another bad D on Thurs.

I'd call GB more average then bad.

Deebs
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Vikings are obviously the weak sister here, but you never know. Peterosn looks like he may be back to his old form after his injury, which just proves what a freak of nature he is. And Toby Gerhart gives them a GREAT 1-2 punch at RB. PLus, Christian Ponder seems like he could be special, as he shakes off the youthful mistakes he makes. I actually had Ponder last year in a fantasy league (don't laugh, all my other QB's got hurt), and he did pretty well for me. He could develop,

InsaneBlaze23
09-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I know it's a bit early but it looks like the Packers defense is still the worst in the league. I mean Cutler looks like Forte with a good arm.

ERoyal248
09-13-2012, 09:09 PM
And we play another bad D on Thurs.

That bad D held your awesome offense to 10 points.

bears6385
09-17-2012, 04:44 AM
1) Packers 1-1.......Kicked ass, D played great.

2) Bears 1-1...........No excuses, got their asses handed to them.

3) Vikings 1-1.........Did not expect them to lose to Indy.

4) Lions 1-1.........I think everyone expected them to lose at S.F.

JohnShaft
09-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Bears fan or not, I got to post this.

Smokin' Jay Cutler (http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/)

"Dedicated to the most apathetic looking athlete in the history of sports"

bears6385
09-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Wieird, weird week in the NFCN.

Bears.......2-1 in an ugly win.

Vikings.....2-1 in the biggest upset og the week.

Packers....1-2, they were jobbed. These damn refs have got to go. They are taking wins away from teams.

Lions.......1-2, give up 21 points to Titan special teams, and defense and still almost win that game.

Chitown
09-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Bears fan or not, I got to post this.

Smokin' Jay Cutler (http://smokinjaycutler.tumblr.com/)

"Dedicated to the most apathetic looking athlete in the history of sports"
Those are hilarious.

bears6385
09-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd call GB more average then bad.I hate the Pack, but they were just robbed of a win by these damn refs. These replacements are a joke..........bring back the pros.

InsaneBlaze23
09-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I hate the Pack, but they were just robbed of a win by these damn refs. These replacements are a joke..........bring back the pros.

Wow, I was actually expecting you to come in and gloat about Green Bay losing. They got robbed hard, twice on one play.

bears6385
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Wow, I was actually expecting you to come in and gloat about Green Bay losing. They got robbed hard, twice on one play.I really don't think any true fan can be happy with the way that game turned out. The owners and the NFL front office should be ashamed. The decision to go with the replacement refs is starting to affect the game itself.

This week it was the Pack, but next week it well could be the Bears, so no I can't gloat about a tainted loss.

InsaneBlaze23
09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I really don't think any true fan can be happy with the way that game turned out. The owners and the NFL front office should be ashamed. The decision to go with the replacement refs is starting to affect the game itself.

This week it was the Pack, but next week it well could be the Bears, so no I can't gloat about a tainted loss.

I'd say 2 in one week, Packers got robbed and it's possible the Patriots also got robbed. But it wouldn't surprise me if Matt Forte runs for 99yrd touchdown and they call it back because his stiff arm was a face mask.

JohnShaft
09-25-2012, 10:24 AM
**** 'em. The Packers (and Patriots) have been getting bogus calls for years. Steelers too. Now things are going the other way they want their own crew back.

Yes, the last play was called wrong (in that they missed a blatant Offensive PI) as was an earlier bogus Def PI. But the Packers got a load of calls they shouldn't have in that game also. Twice to keep a lead-taking drive going when they were stopped on 3rd down (the Def PI on Seattle was lolbad).

The Replacements need to go. But I have no sympathy for the cheeseweads - "turnabout is fair play". And you think there'd be as much hoohah if Seattle lost that game in the same way? No chance. Seattle got jobbed in the Superbowl and nobody blinked an eyelid.

Chitown
09-25-2012, 04:36 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1805sm56tx7nngif/original.gif

bears6385
09-29-2012, 01:27 PM

Yes, their D isn't what is used to be.Bears D is better than it used to be. Young vets like Jennings, and Melton have stepped up, along with second year players Paea, Conte, and the rookie McCellin, to help out the older pro bowl players, Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, and Tillman.

AznBroncoFan
09-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Lions are going to be 3rd. Their defense sucks. Suh is highly overrated. Van den bosh is done. Secondary is brutal with a bunch of no-names. They had a chance to upgrade the D in the draft but wasted it on a O-lineman and a freakin' Injured WR in the 2nd round... It felt like it was Matt Millen drafting all over again lol

InsaneBlaze23
09-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Lions are going to be 3rd. Their defense sucks. Suh is highly overrated. Van den bosh is done. Secondary is brutal with a bunch of no-names. They had a chance to upgrade the D in the draft but wasted it on a O-lineman and a freakin' Injured WR in the 2nd round... It felt like it was Matt Millen drafting all over again lol

The defense is no different than it was last season. The media made the defense better than it actually was. Last season the Lions had one of the worst rushing defenses. They have always had one of the worst secondary units in football. Nothing has changed with or without Millen.

Only thing was their pass rush. The Lions had a very good pass rush last season, and people believed it'd carry into this season.

They don't have the coaching personnel to be a consistent team, a winner, or better than the Bears and Packers. The need a new QB coach. Someone that can coach some sense into Matt Stafford. Tell him to stop just throwing the ball up to Calvin when he is tripled covered. They need a new defensive line and coordinator. I'd go as far as firing Jim, he doesn't know how to coach his team. Too busy trying to be their friend.

bears6385
09-30-2012, 02:18 PM
The defense is no different than it was last season. The media made the defense better than it actually was. Last season the Lions had one of the worst rushing defenses. They have always had one of the worst secondary units in football. Nothing has changed with or without Millen.

Only thing was their pass rush. The Lions had a very good pass rush last season, and people believed it'd carry into this season.

They don't have the coaching personnel to be a consistent team, a winner, or better than the Bears and Packers. The need a new QB coach. Someone that can coach some sense into Matt Stafford. Tell him to stop just throwing the ball up to Calvin when he is tripled covered. They need a new defensive line and coordinator. I'd go as far as firing Jim, he doesn't know how to coach his team. Too busy trying to be their friend.You left off the lions special teams which has to be the worst in the league having allowed 4 td's in the last two weeks. Cost them the game today against the Vikes.

AznBroncoFan
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
^ LOL after today's awful performance, the Leos better fire their special teams coach. Nevermind being 3rd in the division, they'll more than likely be bottom dwellers this season. How sad from playoffs a season ago to this.

InsaneBlaze23
09-30-2012, 10:00 PM
^ LOL after today's awful performance, the Leos better fire their special teams coach. Nevermind being 3rd in the division, they'll more than likely be bottom dwellers this season. How sad from playoffs a season ago to this.

It's the Lions. For someone from Detroit, this should be common knowledge to you.

ERoyal248
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Bears D is better than it used to be. Young vets like Jennings, and Melton have stepped up, along with second year players Paea, Conte, and the rookie McCellin, to help out the older pro bowl players, Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, and Tillman.

Rams, Colts, and Packers.

Outside of GB, they've played no one.

Good D, sure, not elite.

Jennings has been great though.

JohnShaft
10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Wait.
You mean the Colts who are 1-1 outside of losing to us (including beating the otherwise unbeaten 3-0 Vikes)?
And the Rams, who are 2-1, outside of their loss to us, and have beaten Seattle and Washington (who are 2-1 outside of their Rams losses)?

That's who you mean, right?

bears6385
10-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Bears.........3-1, Offense and defense were great tonight. Quality win on the road.

Vikings......3-1, So far surprise team of the year?

Packers.....2-2, Bounce back win.

Lions.......They just plain suck.

dizzolve
10-01-2012, 09:18 PM
After seeing such low quality from CHI at times I'm surprised they are 3-1 but there's no denying they are what their record is so congrats to CHI!

Really the Packers are 3-1 too tho right? ....... c'mon man right!?

bears6385
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Rams, Colts, and Packers.

Outside of GB, they've played no one.

Good D, sure, not elite.

Jennings has been great though.Please.......5 picks tonight against Romo down in Jerry World, 1st in the league in turnovers, second in sacks, and have dominated every game this season including the loss to the Pack. Bears are one of the elite defenses in the NFL.

bears6385
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
After seeing such low quality from CHI at times I'm surprised they are 3-1 but there's no denying they are what their record is so congrats to CHI!

Really the Packers are 3-1 too tho right? ....... c'mon man right!?Packers are what their record says they are, 2-2 in tird place in the NFCN.

BroncoFanNC
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
So far, the Bears have beat the worst 2 teams from last year, and the dumpster fire that is the Cowboys.

They next play the Jags, get a bye, and 2 weeks after that play the Titans. The back half looks much harder though, assuming the current hot teams don't fade.

ERoyal248
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Please.......5 picks tonight against Romo down in Jerry World, 1st in the league in turnovers, second in sacks, and have dominated every game this season including the loss to the Pack. Bears are one of the elite defenses in the NFL.

It's a good defense, no doubt.

Romo didn't get much help, with some drops, and other things, Dez quitting on routes, regardless, nice win for the Bears.

:salute:

bears6385
10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
So far, the Bears have beat the worst 2 teams from last year, and the dumpster fire that is the Cowboys.

They next play the Jags, get a bye, and 2 weeks after that play the Titans. The back half looks much harder though, assuming the current hot teams don't fade.So the Rams and Colts are not improved from last year? Cowboys had the #1 rated defense going into this game and few gave the Bears much of a chance at winning it.

With this D the Bears should be in every game. With a new OC and scheme this offense should get better as the season rolls along.

ERoyal248
10-01-2012, 09:39 PM
So the Rams and Colts are not improved from last year? Cowboys had the #1 rated defense going into this game and few gave the Bears much of a chance at winning it.

With this D the Bears should be in every game. With a new OC and scheme this offense should get better as the season rolls along.

Who said they weren't, not exactly juggernaught offenses in the Rams/Colts..

Please, half the people on ESPN picked the Bears to win.

bronx_2003
10-01-2012, 09:41 PM
The Bears are doing well.

2 pretty easy games, and 2 pretty tough one's. It was a good win tonight.

The O is pretty decent. I don't think its great, but its solid. The real key to success is the D and it looks elite so far. Top 3 in the league for sure.

As good as SF and Houston ? Probably not in my opinion but its up there.

This division comes down to the Bears and Packers. The Vikings will fade. The Lions look shaky. The Packers will come on strong and it will be a good battle. It might come down to the soldier field game.

bears6385
10-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Bears........4-1, defense five scores in the last three weeks, offense five scores in the last three weeks.

Vikings......4-1, continue to roll.

Packers.....2-3, who would have thought.

Lions.......1-3, last place Lions.

InsaneBlaze23
10-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Bears........4-1, defense five scores in the last three weeks, offense five scores in the last three weeks.

Vikings......4-1, continue to roll.

Packers.....2-3, who would have thought.

Lions.......1-3, last place Lions.

Not surprised about the Lions, surprised about the Vikings.
Bears are playing to their schedule, unlike Green Bay they are beating the teams they are suppose to beat. All Chicago wins are vs bad teams, 2 of Green Bays loses are to bad teams. Until the secondary can get it's head screwed on, even if the Packers sweep the Bears, they wont win the division because they'd probably loses to the Vikings.

The front 7 is doing it's job. Nick Perry looks good, Matthews is Matthews, even Weldon is showing signs of life. The problem is the secondary and Don Capers. I don't like his style or his play calling. It worked when the secondary was picking everyone off and causing fumbles, now it's just a fail.

So I say kudos to the Bears for doing what they are suppose to do...beat bad teams. I shake my head at the Packers for not being able to do that.

bears6385
10-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Not surprised about the Lions, surprised about the Vikings.
Bears are playing to their schedule, unlike Green Bay they are beating the teams they are suppose to beat. All Chicago wins are vs bad teams, 2 of Green Bays loses are to bad teams. Until the secondary can get it's head screwed on, even if the Packers sweep the Bears, they wont win the division because they'd probably loses to the Vikings.

The front 7 is doing it's job. Nick Perry looks good, Matthews is Matthews, even Weldon is showing signs of life. The problem is the secondary and Don Capers. I don't like his style or his play calling. It worked when the secondary was picking everyone off and causing fumbles, now it's just a fail.

So I say kudos to the Bears for doing what they are suppose to do...beat bad teams. I shake my head at the Packers for not being able to do that.As a Bear fan I would never count Rodgers and the Packers out. This is still a real good team that l expect will make the playoffs. I also don't expect the Vikings to play at this level for a whole season. It will still come down to the Bears and Packers for this division.

InsaneBlaze23
10-07-2012, 06:31 PM
As a Bear fan I would never count Rodgers and the Packers out. This is still a real good team that l expect will make the playoffs. I also don't expect the Vikings to play at this level for a whole season. It will still come down to the Bears and Packers for this division.

Oh by all means I'm not saying the Packers wont make the playoffs, they can get the wild card. But if the Bears continue their play and Green Bay's secondary doesn't back up the offense...it's will be a short season.

Green Bay is a very talented team on both sides of the ball, it just doesn't show on defense because Don Capers has a stupid way of playing defense.

He's lucky Cutler sucks vs the Packers, if they had a more consistent QB the Bears would win. It's unlikely, but I think GB should look for a new DC, I'm sold that they wont win another Super Bowl without a new one or unless Capers changes his play style.

Frankenpost
10-07-2012, 07:50 PM
‎*WARNING* The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Green Bay, WI and surrounding areas for TONIGHT. This warning will be in effect from 6:00pm until 11:00pm. This Flash Flood will be caused by the tears of the Packer Fans as they watch their crazy Superbowl dreams fade away while losing to the 1-2 Colts today. Crying will intensify as the season goes on.

Dec 16th ‎*WARNING* Another Flash flood expected in Green Bay.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/SRJIO/168293_10150132508050148_730680147_8524396_6756542 _n.jpg

Chitown
10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/txbZw.png

JohnShaft
10-07-2012, 09:47 PM
All Chicago wins are vs bad teams
Dude, once more you are showing your ignorance, and I called you on it last week. This week those two bad teams both won again.

The Rams beat the previously unbeaten Cardinals. (now 3-1 outside of losing to us)
The Colts beat the Packers (and are still the only team to beat the Vikes). (now 2-1 outside of losing to us).

Quit chirping about teams records last year. Guess what, you aren't going 15-1 either.
The only obvious legit bad team we have beat is today versus the Jags. The other 3 teams all have a winning record when you remove their loss to us, and even with our losses none of them are below .500.

And there's beat and BEAT. Not one of those wins was by less than 16 points.

You really couldn't be more biased.

ERoyal248
10-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Packers in too big of a hole, Bears probably win the division.

Their schedule minus GB has been a little soft, but can only play whose on your schedule.

ursamajor
10-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I have not had a chance to check the standings, but has Denver beaten a team with a better than .500 record this season?

ERoyal248
10-07-2012, 10:56 PM
I have not had a chance to check the standings, but has Denver beaten a team with a better than .500 record this season?

Well, not like they are playing the Rams, Colts, and Jags.

3 powerhouse teams.

Hou (best team in football)
Atl (2nd best team in the NFL)
at NE (Brady rarely ever loses at home)

Probably the toughest start to the year of any team in the NFL.

ursamajor
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM

3 powerhouse teams.

But 2 of the 3 teams you named are better than the Polamalu-less/Harrison-less Steelers (they had a whopping .333 winning percentage with those 2 out), and the Raiders-.250 winning percentage.

Paint me impressed.

See, the knife cuts both ways.

ursamajor
10-07-2012, 11:38 PM
All Chicago wins are vs bad teams.All Denver wins are against worse teams.

Chitown
10-08-2012, 12:45 AM

3 powerhouse teams.

Why don't you rip on Houston's schedule? They have beaten the Titans, Dolphins, Broncos and Jags. Not one of them has a winning record and two of them are 1-4. How is that more impressive than what the Bears have done?

Jags 1-4 beat Colts
Titans 1-4 beat Lions
Dolphins 2-3 beat Bengals, Raiders
Broncos 2-3 beat Raiders, Steelers

Colts 2-2 beat Packers,Vikings
Cowboys 2-2 beat Giants, Tampa Bay
Rams 3-2 beat Cardinals, Redskins, Seahawks
Jags 1-4 beat Colts

Common opponent being the Jags. Texans won 27-7 and Bears won 41-3.

ursamajor
10-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Why don't you rip on Houston's schedule? They have beaten the Titans, Dolphins, Broncos and Jags. Not one of them has a winning record and two of them are 1-4. How is that more impressive than what the Bears have done?

Jags 1-4 beat Colts
Titans 1-4 beat Lions

Jags 1-4 beat Colts

So only one of the Bears wins comes against a team with a losing record...whereas half of the Broncos wins comes against teams with losing records...and the other one was against a .500 team that was massively depleted with injuries at the time the 2 played.

Interesting.

bears6385
10-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Packers in too big of a hole, Bears probably win the division.

Their schedule minus GB has been a little soft, but can only play whose on your schedule.Can't look that far ahead, to much football left to be played. Bears defense has been great, Bears offense still has yet to gel. Packers defense has for the most part been good, it's the Packers offense that seems out of balance.

ERoyal248
10-08-2012, 09:04 AM
But 2 of the 3 teams you named are better than the Polamalu-less/Harrison-less Steelers (they had a whopping .333 winning percentage with those 2 out), and the Raiders-.250 winning percentage.

Paint me impressed.

See, the knife cuts both ways.

Troy played in the first game of the year, and we were missing 2-3 players that game as well. Steelers will be there in the end, they always are.

And no, it doesn't.

The 3 teams we lost too are a combined 12-2, two of them the only unbeaten teams in the NFL.

ERoyal248
10-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Jags 1-4 beat Colts
Titans 1-4 beat Lions

Jags 1-4 beat Colts

Houston has had a soft schedule, but dating back to last year, they've been killing teams. Only injuries are stopping them this year, best team in football bar none.

#87Birdman
10-08-2012, 09:10 AM
So only one of the Bears wins comes against a team with a losing record...whereas half of the Broncos wins comes against teams with losing records...and the other one was against a .500 team that was massively depleted with injuries at the time the 2 played.

Interesting.

And the Broncos have only loss to teams with winning records while the Bears loss to a team with a losing record...

Chitown
10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Houston has had a soft schedule, but dating back to last year, they've been killing teams. Only injuries are stopping them this year, best team in football bar none.

Exact same thing can be said of Chicago.

2011 Bears 30 Falcons 12
Bears 39 Vikings 10
Bears 37 Lions 13
Bears 31 Chargers 20

2011 Texans 34 Colts 7
Texans 23 Dolphins 13
Texans 41 Titans 7
Texans 24 Jags 14
Texans 30 Browns 12
Texans 37 Bucs 9

2012 Bears 41 Colts 21
Bears 23 Rams 6
Bears 34 Cowboys 18
Bears 41 Jags 3

2012 Texans 30 Dolphins 10
Texans 27 Jags 7
Texans 38 Titans 14

This is the last two years of 10+ point wins for each team. In 2011 both teams started 7-3. Then Cutler and Forte got hurt. I have to say that the teams the Bears are beating by double digits looks a lot better than the teams the Texans are beating by double digits.

InsaneBlaze23
10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Can't look that far ahead, to much football left to be played. Bears defense has been great, Bears offense still has yet to gel. Packers defense has for the most part been good, it's the Packers offense that seems out of balance.

Disagree, the defense is kinda like the Broncos defense from a few seasons ago. Look good in the first half, then fall apart the second. Vs the Colts, the defense was blazing, then in the 2nd half couldn't handle the passing game.

Green Bay has a good front 7, young and with promise. The secondary isn't too good and suffers from Don Capers crappy play calling and play style. Again it worked during our Super Bowl run, but mainly because teams didn't pick up on it. A few years later, the same scheme won't work vs today's NFL QB's and offenses.

As for the offense, the receivers are fine, if not better than they was during the Super Bowl run. The run game is still missing but has shown life signs this season. Rodgers is Rodgers, and does what he does. The issue is the OL...I'd say Green Bay has the most overrated offensive line in the NFL. It's overrated because nobody talks about it. Everyone talks about the Jets OL, the Cowgirls OL, and the Cards OL. Green Bay has just as bad of an OL, Jeff Saturday can't gel with Rodgers like he did with Manning, Bryan Bulaga is the worst tackle in the NFC north and Newhouse isn't far off. Bulaga being a first round pick...is a waste.

If the OL can find some way to gel, the offense will be fine.
If Capers changes up his scheme for the secondary, the defense will do better.
If Mason Crosby can be consistent, we'd win games. He missed 2 field goals vs the Colts, including one that would have sent the game into OT. It's a dome, you can't blame it on wind.

ursamajor
10-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Disagree, the defense is kinda like the Broncos defense from a few seasons ago. Look good in the first half, then fall apart the second. Vs the Colts, the defense was blazing, then in the 2nd half couldn't handle the passing game.

Green Bay has a good front 7, young and with promise. The secondary isn't too good and suffers from Don Capers crappy play calling and play style. Again it worked during our Super Bowl run, but mainly because teams didn't pick up on it. A few years later, the same scheme won't work vs today's NFL QB's and offenses.

As for the offense, the receivers are fine, if not better than they was during the Super Bowl run. The run game is still missing but has shown life signs this season. Rodgers is Rodgers, and does what he does. The issue is the OL...I'd say Green Bay has the most overrated offensive line in the NFL. It's overrated because nobody talks about it. Everyone talks about the Jets OL, the Cowgirls OL, and the Cards OL. Green Bay has just as bad of an OL, Jeff Saturday can't gel with Rodgers like he did with Manning, Bryan Bulaga is the worst tackle in the NFC north and Newhouse isn't far off. Bulaga being a first round pick...is a waste.

If the OL can find some way to gel, the offense will be fine.
If Capers changes up his scheme for the secondary, the defense will do better.
If Mason Crosby can be consistent, we'd win games. He missed 2 field goals vs the Colts, including one that would have sent the game into OT. It's a dome, you can't blame it on wind.

Which defense is kinda like the Broncos D of a few seasons ago?

I hope you are not referring to the Bears. Because trust me, it isnt. This D is much closer to the Bears '05, and '06 defense than it is to any gimmick D we saw run in Denver. I know why, and Bears fans who have spent their entire lives watching all time defenses know why. And we know why your defense fell apart.

Ours wont.

InsaneBlaze23
10-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Which defense is kinda like the Broncos D of a few seasons ago?

I hope you are not referring to the Bears. Because trust me, it isnt. This D is much closer to the Bears '05, and '06 defense than it is to any gimmick D we saw run in Denver. I know why, and Bears fans who have spent their entire lives watching all time defenses know why. And we know why your defense fell apart.

Ours wont.

I'm talking about the Packers. Why would I be talking about the Bears defense, I don't care for their defense.

ursamajor
10-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm talking about the Packers. Why would I be talking about the Bears defense, I don't care for their defense.
Neither does Peyton Manning

ERoyal248
10-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Dominating win for the Pack.

Favorable next 3 games but as we have seen this year, anyone can be beat on any given day.

Still have no idea how they lost to the Colts.

And that *Seattle* game is going to kill them for HFA/div if they lose it by a game.

InsaneBlaze23
10-15-2012, 02:22 AM

Favorable next 3 games but as we have seen this year, anyone can be beat on any given day.

And that *Seattle* game is going to kill them for HFA/div if they lose it by a game.

Lost to the Colts because the defense couldn't hang, and the OL can't stop the pass rush. Packers defense is one of those defenses that forget there is 2 more quarters.

bears6385
10-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Bears.......4-1, alone at the top.

Vikings.....4-2, a step back?

Packers....3-3, is the pack back?

Lions.......2-3, earned this win in the fourth quarter.

Mike8272
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM

The Packers will finish above Vikings, especially if Rodgers starts to fire as we all know he can. They'll have way too much for the Vikings at this time; and the Bears should be able to seal top spot if they can continue to motor on. The Lions have surprised me this season, but they'll be the fourth best team in what is a very competitive division.

elway93
10-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm saying the Bears will hold the lead and win the division, Packers will get the wild card. They'll meet in the playoffs in Chicago again like they did the year the Packers won the Super Bowl and the Packers will beat them again. I just don't trust Cutler against that Packers defense.

InsaneBlaze23
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM

The Packers was never gone, just taking a break to find out who they are on defense, who they are in the run game, and who they are with the offensive line. Even at 3-3 I still think they can and win that division.

I'm saying the Bears will hold the lead and win the division, Packers will get the wild card. They'll meet in the playoffs in Chicago again like they did the year the Packers won the Super Bowl and the Packers will beat them again. I just don't trust Cutler against that Packers defense.

Don't forget they still play each other again this season. This division isn't already won, either team can pull a rabbit or whammy out of a hat.

JohnShaft
10-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Up to this point, I don't.

He's gotta step up and perform against them. Simple as.

The road to the Superbowl goes through Green Bay. Jay has to at least be able to play well against them at home.

As it is not only has he not won us games against them, he's actively lost games.

bears6385
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM
The Packers was never gone, just taking a break to find out who they are on defense, who they are in the run game, and who they are with the offensive line. Even at 3-3 I still think they can and win that division.

Don't forget they still play each other again this season. This division isn't already won, either team can pull a rabbit or whammy out of a hat.The season is still young with a long way to go. I have said all along that it will be between Packers and Bears, but I like where the Bears are right now. One of the top defenses in the league and an offense that is just scratching the surface of what they can do. With Forte just now getting back to full health the combination of Cutler + Forte + Marshall will cause trouble for any defense.

Chitown
10-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Bears 5-1, Cutler bruises ribs but the defense don't care. Held Lions to 7 points.

Vikings 5-2, Adrian Peterson runs all over the Cardinals.

Packers 4-3, Outscore the Rams 20-14 in the second half to win by 10.

Lions, 2-4 Scored a td with 30 seconds left to avoid a shutout at Chicago.

bears6385
10-23-2012, 04:41 AM
Bears..........Best defense in the NFL.

ERoyal248
10-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Up to this point, I don't.

He's gotta step up and perform against them. Simple as.

The road to the Superbowl goes through Green Bay. Jay has to at least be able to play well against them at home.

As it is not only has he not won us games against them, he's actively lost games.

Bingo.

For whatever reason, he has some AWFUL games vs the Packers, say what you will. Whether it's the scheme they use or the different type of coverages or whatever it may be. From the NFCCG, to the first game, to the game this year among others.

I'm not sure if the SB goes through GB but if GB makes the playoffs, no one wants to see them.

GB is in too big of a hole to win the div imo unless they run the table from here on out.

JRDinstons
10-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Lost in the whole discussion with the Seattle game was the fact the packers should not have never been ahead to start with. 2 bad interference calls on 3rd down on the packers TD drive should have never been called. They should have been punting and trailing.

Mike8272
10-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Bingo.

For whatever reason, he has some AWFUL games vs the Packers, say what you will. Whether it's the scheme they use or the different type of coverages or whatever it may be. From the NFCCG, to the first game, to the game this year among others.

I'm not sure if the SB goes through GB but if GB makes the playoffs, no one wants to see them.

GB is in too big of a hole to win the div imo unless they run the table from here on out.

Agreed about GB. They are in a tough position now to win, but if they fire like we know they can, then it is realistic for them to win most - if not all - their remaining games. That being said, the Bears are going to be tough to stop with how they are playing right now, and I think second spot is the most likely for the Packers unless the Vikings continue to motor on.

Got to admit, the NFC North this year is an interesting race to keep an eye on.

ERoyal248
10-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Lost in the whole discussion with the Seattle game was the fact the packers should not have never been ahead to start with. 2 bad interference calls on 3rd down on the packers TD drive should have never been called. They should have been punting and trailing.

There were a lot of bad calls in that game.

They should of had the ball at the 20-30 when they had an interception but was called late-hit. They didn't play well enough to win but that call was bad.

Fortunately, they have played a little better lately.

InsaneBlaze23
10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not too worried about Green Bay. Lets not forget the year they won the Super Bowl, they didn't win the division, finished with what 8-8 or 9-7 record?
Winning the division would be nice, but I'm not worried about them not making the playoffs.

I still think GB ends up sweeping the North. We know Cutler can't play against GB, Lions can't score if Stafford is under pressure. GB has some good players to rush the pass. Detroit also have a horrid secondary, put Rodgers up against a bad secondary, you better put a ton of pressure on him.

Vikes is all about stopping AP, putting pressure on their game managing QB.

bears6385
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm not too worried about Green Bay. Lets not forget the year they won the Super Bowl, they didn't win the division, finished with what 8-8 or 9-7 record?
Winning the division would be nice, but I'm not worried about them not making the playoffs.

I still think GB ends up sweeping the North. We know Cutler can't play against GB, Lions can't score if Stafford is under pressure. GB has some good players to rush the pass. Detroit also have a horrid secondary, put Rodgers up against a bad secondary, you better put a ton of pressure on him.

Vikes is all about stopping AP, putting pressure on their game managing QB.Next game the Pack has with the Bears is in Chicago, and for the Bears to win that game they have to be healthy, and on a roll. Big story line for that game should be Bears D vs Pack O. Bears will win this division, and we will go from there.

bears6385
10-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Bears..........6-1, Dominated for most of the game, but find a way to win.

Vikings........5-3, Could be slipping in the North.

Packers........5-3, Wasn't pretty, but ground out a win.

Lions..........3-4, Played well against a good defense.

bears6385
10-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Bears..........6-1, Dominated for most of the game, but find a way to win.

Vikings........5-3, Could be slipping in the North.

Packers........5-3, Wasn't pretty, but ground out a win.

Lions..........3-4, Played well against a good defense. Should have said Bears Were dominated for most of the game.

InsaneBlaze23
10-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Bears barely got pass the Black kittens. lol

Chitown
10-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Bears barely got pass the Black kittens. lol

Margin of victory smack talk. lol

Bears didn't show up. Played horrible. Panthers played their best game of the year. Bears still won.

InsaneBlaze23
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Margin of victory smack talk. lol

Bears didn't show up. Played horrible. Panthers played their best game of the year. Bears still won.

Nah, they played better vs the Falcons.

ERoyal248
10-28-2012, 10:21 PM

This................

Chitown
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM

How do you figure. What are you basing that on. Carolina gave up more yards to the Falcons and gained less on them than they did the Bears. Bears and Falcons both had last minute drives down the field to kick a last second field goal.

Frankenpost
10-29-2012, 03:09 AM
How do you figure. What are you basing that on. Carolina gave up more yards to the Falcons and gained less on them than they did the Bears. Bears and Falcons both had last minute drives down the field to kick a last second field goal.

He's just drunk off the cheese-curds again, the pack came close to losing to the Jags without MJD. :coffee:

ERoyal248
10-29-2012, 07:23 AM
He's just drunk off the cheese-curds again, the pack came close to losing to the Jags without MJD. :coffee:

They play up to it's opponent.

Not to mention GB is missing Nelson, Jennings, Raji, and Woodson.

InsaneBlaze23
10-29-2012, 09:07 AM

Drunk off cheese curds? Everytime you speak the IQ of your family drops. Be silent.

EvertonBroncos
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Finding a way to win even when you don't really deserve to is the key to being a successful team.

Chitown
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Finding a way to win even when you don't really deserve to is the key to being a successful team.

Bears were out played for 52 minutes.

ERoyal248
10-29-2012, 11:42 AM

Defensively, that's near the best they played.

On offense, not nearly as good, mainly due to injuries, and some drops, slippage on that piece of crap field.

bears6385
10-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Bears barely got pass the Black kittens. lolYour Pack just slipped by a Jags team at home that the Bears beat by 38 points. Pot meet the kettle.

Chitown
10-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Defensively, that's near the best they played.

On offense, not nearly as good, mainly due to injuries, and some drops, slippage on that piece of crap field.

How were they not nearly as good when they put up more yards on a defense ranked higher? Also, you might not realize this, but the Bears played on the same crap field.

InsaneBlaze23
10-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Your Pack just slipped by a Jags team at home that the Bears beat by 38 points. Pot meet the kettle.

Are we gonna do comparisons between Packers and Bears again, because it's not gonna lean toward the Bears in that battle.

I'm not gonna make excuses for the Packers, I really don't need to, to a fan of a team that hasn't beaten the Packers in a while.

If I was Green Bay this would be a win I hang my head on. They should have destroyed the Jags, but didn't. One can point to the injuries, one can point to the play calling, one can point to Rodgers. The defense did it's job, the offense didn't.
Simple as that.

ERoyal248
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Your Pack just slipped by a Jags team at home that the Bears beat by 38 points. Pot meet the kettle.

GB was missing Woodson, Jennings, Nelson, and Raji.

ERoyal248
10-29-2012, 04:11 PM
How were they not nearly as good when they put up more yards on a defense ranked higher? Also, you might not realize this, but the Bears played on the same crap field.

Bears are used to it, Car and others aside from div teams aren't.

I do agree Car isn't as bad as their record is, a lot of close games they can't hang onto.

bears6385
10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
GB was missing Woodson, Jennings, Nelson, and Raji.Bears have missed Knox all season, Jeffery, and Bennett got hurt again.

InsaneBlaze23
10-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Bears have missed Knox all season, Jeffery, and Bennett got hurt again.

None of them are the caliber of players as Woodson, Jennings, Nelson, and Raji.

Jeffery could be a good wide out, but he isn't anywhere the status of Nelson, let alone Jennings. In Ashon is better than Know.

B.J Raji is one of, if not the best member of the Packers DL. And one of their best defensive players. Charles Woodson is a future Hall Of Famer. All them are worth more to Green Bay than Knox, Jeffery, and Bennett.

bears6385
10-31-2012, 04:03 PM
None of them are the caliber of players as Woodson, Jennings, Nelson, and Raji.

Jeffery could be a good wide out, but he isn't anywhere the status of Nelson, let alone Jennings. In Ashon is better than Know.

B.J Raji is one of, if not the best member of the Packers DL. And one of their best defensive players. Charles Woodson is a future Hall Of Famer. All them are worth more to Green Bay than Knox, Jeffery, and Bennett.No, these players mean as much to the Bears offense as the players the Pack have lost. In Knox you lose the one player on the Bears who can consistantly blw the lid off any defense, Jeffery who was developing as a solid #2 as a rookie, and Bennett when healthy moves the chains.

InsaneBlaze23
10-31-2012, 05:31 PM
No, these players mean as much to the Bears offense as the players the Pack have lost. In Knox you lose the one player on the Bears who can consistantly blw the lid off any defense, Jeffery who was developing as a solid #2 as a rookie, and Bennett when healthy moves the chains.

Not even.....

samparnell
10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
I will be surprised if an NFCN team is in the NFCCG.

ERoyal248
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
No, these players mean as much to the Bears offense as the players the Pack have lost. In Knox you lose the one player on the Bears who can consistantly blw the lid off any defense, Jeffery who was developing as a solid #2 as a rookie, and Bennett when healthy moves the chains.

LOL, none of those players are close to as important as Raji, Woodson, Nelson, and Jennings.

Would be like Chi missing Melton, Tillman, Marshall, and Jeffrey.

yeah....

Chitown
10-31-2012, 10:42 PM
LOL, none of those players are close to as important as Raji, Woodson, Nelson, and Jennings.

yeah....

The Packers injuries are more devastating. Injuries just suck in general. Bears, just like any team in the NFL would be better if everyone was healthy.

bears6385
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM

yeah....Wrong as it is you have your opinion. It is not a matter of who is the better player, but rather how the loss of those players will affect the team you root for.

AC1
11-01-2012, 05:29 PM

yeah....

The excuse-making for Rodgers and GB never ends :rolleyes:

Neither team is looking particularly impressive. GB struggled against a Jacksonville team the Broncos would have beaten by 30 (that is a really bad defense) and Chicago against a Carolina team that just doesn't know how to finish.

The NFC North is really competitive and I expect both teams to make the playoffs, but at this point I really think the Giants, SF and Atlanta are all better than any team in that division. I also don't think either team can beat Seattle in Seattle and both are vulnerable to get upset by Detroit and Minnesota.

I second Sam - it's unlikely that any NFCN team makes the NFCCG. The only way for that to happen is for the Giants to draw SF early in the playoffs and Matt Ryan and the Falcons pulling their trademarked choke-job in the playoffs.

bears6385
11-03-2012, 08:47 AM

Neither team is looking particularly impressive. GB struggled against a Jacksonville team the Broncos would have beaten by 30 (that is a really bad defense) and Chicago against a Carolina team that just doesn't know how to finish.

The NFC North is really competitive and I expect both teams to make the playoffs, but at this point I really think the Giants, SF and Atlanta are all better than any team in that division. I also don't think either team can beat Seattle in Seattle and both are vulnerable to get upset by Detroit and Minnesota.

I second Sam - it's unlikely that any NFCN team makes the NFCCG. The only way for that to happen is for the Giants to draw SF early in the playoffs and Matt Ryan and the Falcons pulling their trademarked choke-job in the playoffs.As the Giants showed last year just being the best team over the course of a season doesn't mean much when the playoffs start. Until the playoffs the Giants had beaten exctly one team with a winning record, and entered the playoffs as the 6th seed.

Having just hit mid-season it is way to early to predict who is or who isn't going to make the NFCCG.

bears6385
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Bears..........7-1 Balance, offense, defense, and special teams score today.

Packers.......6-3 On a roll.

Vikings.......5-4 Continue to slide.

Lions........4-4 Finally back to 500.

InsaneBlaze23
11-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Bears..........7-1 Balance, offense, defense, and special teams score today.

Packers.......6-3 On a roll.

Vikings.......5-4 Continue to slide.

Lions........4-4 Finally back to 500.

Bears did what the was expected to do. Good win for them, but Chris Johnson did his job for me which is all I wanted out of that game.

The Packers offense is....balanced. It just seems like Alex Green fits with this offense, and is finally able to get some rushing out of someone not named Rodgers. Defense still needs to catch up, I know we got some injuries but they still need to step up.

Vikings are just showing who they really are, which is what most people thought they was. A team that got hot at the wrong time, and is now going back to the bottom.

Lions got a lot out of their running backs. Mikel Leshoure had 3 TD's and Bell had another. Johnson played well and so did Young. If they can find some consistency and if the defense steps up, maybe this wont be a 2 team battle by the end of the season.

ursamajor
11-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Bears did what the was expected to do. Good win for them, but Chris Johnson did his job for me which is all I wanted out of that game.

The Packers offense is....balanced. It just seems like Alex Green fits with this offense, and is finally able to get some rushing out of someone not named Rodgers. Defense still needs to catch up, I know we got some injuries but they still need to step up.

Vikings are just showing who they really are, which is what most people thought they was. A team that got hot at the wrong time, and is now going back to the bottom.

Lions got a lot out of their running backs. Mikel Leshoure had 3 TD's and Bell had another. Johnson played well and so did Young. If they can find some consistency and if the defense steps up, maybe this wont be a 2 team battle by the end of the season. Chris Johnson was only able to get anything because Lovie pulled the starters and key rotation guys. He was playing against a glorified practice squad when he broke that 80 yarder. Why would you start any rb facing the Bears? The actual starting unit is far and away the best rush d in the nfl

HavoK471
11-05-2012, 03:16 AM
The Bears defense is incredible, scoring 7 touchdowns by themselves and only allowing 7 touchdowns

theMileHighGuy
11-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Chris Johnson was only able to get anything because Lovie pulled the starters and key rotation guys. He was playing against a glorified practice squad when he broke that 80 yarder. Why would you start any rb facing the Bears? The actual starting unit is far and away the best rush d in the nfl

They're awesome, but as straight run d's go Tampa is better. Houston and Miami are probably better too. All around though it's hard to play d any better than da Bears.

AC1
11-05-2012, 07:42 AM
As the Giants showed last year just being the best team over the course of a season doesn't mean much when the playoffs start. Until the playoffs the Giants had beaten exctly one team with a winning record, and entered the playoffs as the 6th seed.

Having just hit mid-season it is way to early to predict who is or who isn't going to make the NFCCG.

No disagreement there. The comment was solely based on how they look today. The way I see it, there's 5 teams that are good enough to make it to the NFCCG - the four division leaders (Chicago, SF, Atlanta, NYG) and the Packers. Of these, Eli is by far the best playoff QB. Rodgers and Ryan are classic regular season stat-padders but playoff chokers for the most part (Rodgers had one good postseason in his career). Alex Smith and Cutler are .500 in the postseason (although Cutler got hurt before halftime in a two-score game). But outside of Eli, they're all pretty much in the same boat.

Between now and the playoffs, many things can happen to strengthen or weaken any of these teams (Atlanta's the only surefire lock to make the playoffs at this point).The two things IMO that can shakeup the picture bigtime is (a) if GB can start generating turnovers or even play defense like they did in the 2010 (when they were the best defense in the league) and (b) Chicago's offense finds its rhythm and timing.

ERoyal248
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM

I second Sam - it's unlikely that any NFCN team makes the NFCCG. The only way for that to happen is for the Giants to draw SF early in the playoffs and Matt Ryan and the Falcons pulling their trademarked choke-job in the playoffs.

I'm not making excuses for Rodgers.

They are down to their #3 and #4 WR's, missing one of it's best players on D in Woodson, another in Raji.

I stated an example as to what a comparison of the Bears would be without similar type of players.

ERoyal248
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM
No disagreement there. The comment was solely based on how they look today. The way I see it, there's 5 teams that are good enough to make it to the NFCCG - the four division leaders (Chicago, SF, Atlanta, NYG) and the Packers. Of these, Eli is by far the best playoff QB. Rodgers and Ryan are classic regular season stat-padders but playoff chokers for the most part (Rodgers had one good postseason in his career).

Playoff choker?

Their D give up, what, 50+ points to the Cards?

That's on Rodgers, right?

He didn't play great vs NYG, but didn't help his WR's/TE's had butter-fingers that day. A guy who won 3 playoff games on the road, and a SB is not a playoff choker, Your hate/irony for Rodgers is truly something.

Ryan, yes, Rodgers isn't a playoff choker.

I do agree all 5 of Chi, SF, NYG, Atl, GB have a legit shot at the SB, NFC playoffs will be something to watch.

Frankenpost
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
That's on Rodgers, right?

He didn't play great vs NYG, but didn't help his WR's/TE's had butter-fingers that day. A guy who won 3 playoff games on the road, and a SB is not a playoff choker.

Ryan, yes, Rodgers isn't a playoff choker.

Your right, he did play terrible against the Giants and was a one and done in the playoffs last year.

The year before they won the SB he choked in the playoffs when he fumbled it away against the Cardinals of all teams at the end of the game, last drive.

Sharon Rodgers has shown he can choke with the best of them. :coffee:

bears6385
11-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Bears......7-2 Lost the turnover battle. Can't beat a good team with redzone turnovers.

Packers....6-3 Pick up a game on the Bears.

Vikings.....6-4 Stop their slide.

Lions......Last place Lions.

ERoyal248
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Your right, he did play terrible against the Giants and was a one and done in the playoffs last year.

The year before they won the SB he choked in the playoffs when he fumbled it away against the Cardinals of all teams at the end of the game, last drive.

Sharon Rodgers has shown he can choke with the best of them. :coffee:

His D gave up 50+ points, sorry that is NOT choking.

ERoyal248
11-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Packers back in 1st where they belong, for now...

InsaneBlaze23
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
They might be there for awhile unless Rodgers pulls a no offense like he did vs Detroit.

ERoyal248
11-19-2012, 09:55 PM
They might be there for awhile unless Rodgers pulls a no offense like he did vs Detroit.

Chi still has a favorable schedule from here on out but depends when Cutler is back.

Only real tough games are at NYG/Chi.

bears6385
11-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Packers...........7-3, First place.

Bears............7-3, Were crushed.

Vikings..........6-4, Bye week.

Lions...........4-6, Last place.

bears6385
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Chi still has a favorable schedule from here on out but depends when Cutler is back.

Only real tough games are at NYG/Chi.Yep.........Cutler still not cleared to practice. Also McClellin needs to get back. He may not have the sacks, but he provides constant pressue when he is in the game.

bears6385
11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Bears.......8-3, back in first, but lost five starters to injury today.

Packers.....7-4, were crushed by the champs.

Vikings......6-5, lost but still are in the playoff hunt.

Lions.......4-7, they are done, 0-4 in the North.

ERoyal248
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
How bad are the injuries?

InsaneBlaze23
11-26-2012, 03:19 AM
I've never been so disappointing in a football like I am with the Packers. I know all the possible excuses that can be made, but nothing down plays getting beat by 28.

First in for most, this team this season, shows how much Joe Philbin meant to the offense. With him they was a game from going 16-0. Without him 7-4.

Secondly, the current play calling is god aweful.

Third, I no longer care for the Don Capers defense. We have some good players on defense, but this style of defense is terrible and at the same time we have players that are better at certain schemes.

Fourth, this offensive line should be fired as well as the OL coach. Screw drafting for defense or a RB, fix this OL. I'd be happier with the Jets or Cowboys OL over this group.

Fifth, Aaron Rodgers needs to pull his head out of his ass, as well as the WR's. Finley's drops is making him a liability not a weapon. Randall Cobb is doing his job, Rodgers isn't getting the ball to Jones, Jordy is still battling injury, still scored. Greg Jennings hasn't played since week 2? maybe week 3.

Lastly, if they lose to the baby Bears, give Cowher or Gruden, or Marty, or Mariucci a phone call.

Frankenpost
11-26-2012, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvXxwvg8mc

dizzolve
11-26-2012, 07:14 AM
I've never been so disappointing in a football like I am with the Packers. I know all the possible excuses that can be made, but nothing down plays getting beat by 28.

First in for most, this team this season, shows how much Joe Philbin meant to the offense. With him they was a game from going 16-0. Without him 7-4.

Secondly, the current play calling is god aweful.

Third, I no longer care for the Don Capers defense. We have some good players on defense, but this style of defense is terrible and at the same time we have players that are better at certain schemes.

Fourth, this offensive line should be fired as well as the OL coach. Screw drafting for defense or a RB, fix this OL. I'd be happier with the Jets or Cowboys OL over this group.

Fifth, Aaron Rodgers needs to pull his head out of his ass, as well as the WR's. Finley's drops is making him a liability not a weapon. Randall Cobb is doing his job, Rodgers isn't getting the ball to Jones, Jordy is still battling injury, still scored. Greg Jennings hasn't played since week 2? maybe week 3.

Lastly, if they lose to the baby Bears, give Cowher or Gruden, or Marty, or Mariucci a phone call.

In my opinion McCarthy started the ball rolling the wrong way. That loss is on him and because of lack of quality depth up the middle of their defense.

To me, Aaron Rodgers is one of the most arrogant players in the league. Granted he has a World Championship to point to but it's obviously getting in the way now.

First, the LONG FG attempt when it was 7-7 started the team down the wrong path in the Giants game. He was trying to get his kicker OUT of a slump but the worst consequences were realized. He missed. Giants took over with excellent field position and drove down for a TD and the tone was set. Eli looked terrible until that drive. McCarthy opened the door, took the pressure off NY and they ran with it.

The Giants and EVERYONE else knew the Pack was targeting Cobb and they just zoned in on him and denied it time and time again.

On defense, without Clay Mathews, the Pack is weak.

OffTopic:

I have to say I didn't agree with many penalty calls in this game too though. One of the dumbest rules in football is the offense can get away with false starts if a defender makes him flinch by flinching himself. It's a crappy rule that shouldn't exist - or at least shouldn't be called as much as it is. The officiating in general is frustrating this season. The Houston game red challenge flag thing was ridiculous. That's why you don't go changing rules unless it's absolutely needed. Or give the refs the ability to use COMMON SENSE even if the rules state otherwise -so that the spirit of the game rules are fulfilled. All the player-safety calls -that sometimes they're called sometimes they're not ........ just let the league fine people afterward - don't throw flags over questionable calls. Especially when it changes the outcome of games. How about that long run by Ray Rice on 4th down that allowed BALT to tie SD at the end of regulation? Someone got away with an obvious block in the back.

Why can't certain plays be challenge-able? Let just about anything be challenge-able unless the whistle blows. You only get 3 anyhow.

/vent

InsaneBlaze23
11-26-2012, 08:38 AM
I hear what you are saying. In it goes back to the play calling. Mike isn't a good play caller. I have my own issues with Rodgers.

ERoyal248
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
How bad are the injuries?

Just found out one, Lance Louis to IR.

CanDB
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Lets be fair on The Pack, even though they haven't played that well overall this year. An Oline that is labouring, ordinary RBs (at best), a battered WR corps, and key injuries to their D - not many team do well without their 2 top defensive players, plus other losses. One more thing......one game-changing call by some amateur refs. Therefore they are really 8 and 3, and haven't shown much of the good stuff yet.

If they get Clay, Jennings and Woodson back soon, they will still be a legit contender.

saphire1
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Just found out one, Lance Louis to IR.

forte may also miss time. hester may be out one game due to the strict tests for concussions.

but louis being out is big. they benched their rt for bad play. now they may have no other choice but to play him.

Houshmazode
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
NFC North - Most overrated division in the league.

ERoyal248
11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Lets be fair on The Pack, even though they haven't played that well overall this year. An Oline that is labouring, ordinary RBs (at best), a battered WR corps, and key injuries to their D - not many team do well without their 2 top defensive players, plus other losses. One more thing......one game-changing call by some amateur refs. Therefore they are really 8 and 3, and haven't shown much of the good stuff yet.

If they get Clay, Jennings and Woodson back soon, they will still be a legit contender.

This is true, Randall Cobb and Casey Hayward have emerged on both sides of the ball.

Their schedule is pretty favorable minus the Chi game but if they have Woodson, Matthews, and Jennings back healthy, they are the last team i wanna see.

The key to beating GB is getting pressure with 4, and dropping 7.

bears6385
11-26-2012, 05:54 PM
NFC North - Most overrated division in the league.Best division in football.

bears6385
11-26-2012, 06:00 PM
This is true, Randall Cobb and Casey Hayward have emerged on both sides of the ball.

Their schedule is pretty favorable minus the Chi game but if they have Woodson, Matthews, and Jennings back healthy, they are the last team i wanna see.

The key to beating GB is getting pressure with 4, and dropping 7.Still even with those players back the Packers can't run the ball. Even in a passing league you still have to run the ball somewhat.

bears6385
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Looks like the NFCN is the only division in the league that will come down to the wire, Packers or Bears. The other divisions in both the NFC and AFC are all but over.

JohnShaft
11-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah, sure would be nice to be in the AFC West, where a drunk man and his dog could win the Division.

4-7 in 2nd place, what a joke. And they're 1-5 outside their own division.

The worst team in the Bears Division would punk 3/4 of the AFC West. The Lions have a winning record (4-3) out of their own division.

#87Birdman
11-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah, sure would be nice to be in the AFC West, where a drunk man and his dog could win the Division.

4-7 in 2nd place, what a joke. And they're 1-5 outside their own division.

The worst team in the Bears Division would punk 3/4 of the AFC West. The Lions have a winning record (4-3) out of their own division.

Yup they are playing bad but 1/4 of the AFC west would punk 4/4 of the north since they don't have O lines in the NFC

bears6385
12-01-2012, 08:58 AM
forte may also miss time. hester may be out one game due to the strict tests for concussions.

but louis being out is big. they benched their rt for bad play. now they may have no other choice but to play him.Forte in, Hester out. As for Carimi at RG, the Vikings game is the best he has played all season.

bears6385
12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Packers........8-4 Take back first place with win over Vikings.

Bears...........8-4, Big game for Marshall, but defense fails them in fourth quarter.

Vikings.........6-6, Have the look of a 500 team.

Lions...........5-7, Win, but does it matter.

InsaneBlaze23
12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I gotta admit it, that last drive before OT by the Bears was hot. Cutler had good footwork, Marshall had good field awareness.

Detroit actually lost Bears6385.

bears6385
12-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I gotta admit it, that last drive before OT by the Bears was hot. Cutler had good footwork, Marshall had good field awareness.

Detroit actually lost Bears6385.
Sorry, I posted to soon, Lions really suck, 4-8.

ERoyal248
12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Packers can clinch the North with a win next Sunday...

And they get Matthews/Woodson back.

Even the running game is improving!?!?

InsaneBlaze23
12-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Packers can clinch the North with a win next Sunday...

And they get Matthews/Woodson back.

Even the running game is improving!?!?

The funny thing about getting Woodson back, our secondary isn't looking to bad without it's leader. Now that he's back they will just be better.

I think people under rate the packers secondary this season. Yes they are very young, but they can play.

Go ask Matt Stafford what he thinks of Casey Hayward...

This defense isn't top tier right now, but they could be in the future.

I wouldn't say the run game is improving, I'd just say it's there now. Before people question if Green Bay even had running backs.

They re-signed Ryan Grant to try in revive the run.

ERoyal248
12-10-2012, 10:14 AM
The funny thing about getting Woodson back, our secondary isn't looking to bad without it's leader. Now that he's back they will just be better.

I think people under rate the packers secondary this season. Yes they are very young, but they can play.

Go ask Matt Stafford what he thinks of Casey Hayward...

This defense isn't top tier right now, but they could be in the future.

I wouldn't say the run game is improving, I'd just say it's there now. Before people question if Green Bay even had running backs.

They re-signed Ryan Grant to try in revive the run.

They got a lot of playmakers in the secondary.

Tramon, Hayward, House, Burnett, and so on.

Hayward is a STUD.

They miss Matthews so much more over Woodson, they have little to no pass rush with him out.

CanDB
12-10-2012, 10:37 AM
The Pack may be back! I hate to mention the Seattle loss, but it does prove that Green Bay has a solid team, especially with all the injuries, and should be 10 and 3.

But with some running game, and the return of Matthews and Woodson, they are definitely a contender again. They may in fact be timing things just right. I am not that impressed with Atlanta, and San Fran is confusing to say the least. They should be thumping teams, and only getting a tie out of St. Lou is still bizarre.

Which means there are a number of teams still in the NFC race. THe Giants are looking serious again as well, and then you have that other group. Chicage is losing too many games, which can not be good for their mindset, and without Urlacher they are minus their true leader. Seattle is going in the other direction. They must be getting confident.

InsaneBlaze23
12-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The Pack may be back! I hate to mention the Seattle loss, but it does prove that Green Bay has a solid team, especially with all the injuries, and should be 10 and 3.

But with some running game, and the return of Matthews and Woodson, they are definitely a contender again. They may in fact be timing things just right. I am not that impressed with Atlanta, and San Fran is confusing to say the least. They should be thumping teams, and only getting a tie out of St. Lou is still bizarre.

Which means there are a number of teams still in the NFC race. THe Giants are looking serious again as well, and then you have that other group. Chicage is losing too many games, which can not be good for their mindset, and without Urlacher they are minus their true leader. Seattle is going in the other direction. They must be getting confident.

The funny thing is, this is the position they was in when they made the Super Bowl. They had a below average run game, Rodgers was on his back a lot. They didn't even win the division.

Seems like the Giants luck is now with the Packers.

bears6385
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Packers.......9-4 One game away from division crown.

Bears.........8-5 Playoffs slipping away. End of the line for Lovie?

Vikings.......7-6 Still in the playoff race.

Lions........4-9 What a fall from last year.

bears6385
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
The funny thing is, this is the position they was in when they made the Super Bowl. They had a below average run game, Rodgers was on his back a lot. They didn't even win the division.

Seems like the Giants luck is now with the Packers.When the Packers won the Super Bowl they had one of the best defenses in the league by the time the playoffs started. Though this defense has been ok of late, it still is not up to par with that 2010 group.

CanDB
12-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Packers.......9-4 One game away from division crown.

Bears.........8-5 Playoffs slipping away. End of the line for Lovie?

Vikings.......7-6 Still in the playoff race.

Lions........4-9 What a fall from last year.

It's a credit to you for showing up, and being straight up about your team. I dig that......rather than only being here when everything is going good. If it's any consolation, I haven't counted out The Bears yet. But losing those games and dealing with injuries can impact the confidence of a team.

Good luck......and I mean that in a positive way.

bears6385
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
It's a credit to you for showing up, and being straight up about your team. I dig that......rather than only being here when everything is going good. If it's any consolation, I haven't counted out The Bears yet. But losing those games and dealing with injuries can impact the confidence of a team.

Good luck......and I mean that in a positive way.Thanks,I can only give my honest opinion about the team I root for every week win or lose. From what I have seen this year the Bears defense has for the most part been outstanding all season long, the offense on the other hand has been an anchor weighing this team down with the exception of Marshall and Forte. In my opinion the Bears have to win two out of their last three to have a shot at the playoffs. GB at home, a team that they just have not been able to beat since Rodgers has become the starter. Cards on the road.........Cards are a horrible team, so Bears should have a good shot at that one, and the Lions in Detroit for what could be their last shot at the playoffs. Time will tell.

InsaneBlaze23
12-10-2012, 06:43 PM
I honestly think the Bears will finish out 1-2. Detroit is back in the spoiler spot, where they spoil teams chances of the playoffs.

Green Bay has owned the Bears and Cutler. If there is any team that makes the Packers defense look good, it's the Bears.

The Cardinals allowed the Seahawks to get 58 points without the starting QB even doing much.

I don't think the Vikes make the playoffs, that Bears win was probably their last.

bears6385
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I honestly think the Bears will finish out 1-2. Detroit is back in the spoiler spot, where they spoil teams chances of the playoffs.

Green Bay has owned the Bears and Cutler. If there is any team that makes the Packers defense look good, it's the Bears.

The Cardinals allowed the Seahawks to get 58 points without the starting QB even doing much.

I don't think the Vikes make the playoffs, that Bears win was probably their last.Could be, but the Lions are one team that Cutler for the most part plays well against, 6-1 since 2009.

CanDB
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks,I can only give my honest opinion about the team I root for every week win or lose. From what I have seen this year the Bears defense has for the most part been outstanding all season long, the offense on the other hand has been an anchor weighing this team down with the exception of Marshall and Forte. In my opinion the Bears have to win two out of their last three to have a shot at the playoffs. GB at home, a team that they just have not been able to beat since Rodgers has become the starter. Cards on the road.........Cards are a horrible team, so Bears should have a good shot at that one, and the Lions in Detroit for what could be their last shot at the playoffs. Time will tell.

OK.......we give you The Cards game. Now you just have to win one of the other two.

AC1
12-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks,I can only give my honest opinion about the team I root for every week win or lose. From what I have seen this year the Bears defense has for the most part been outstanding all season long, the offense on the other hand has been an anchor weighing this team down with the exception of Marshall and Forte. In my opinion the Bears have to win two out of their last three to have a shot at the playoffs. GB at home, a team that they just have not been able to beat since Rodgers has become the starter. Cards on the road.........Cards are a horrible team, so Bears should have a good shot at that one, and the Lions in Detroit for what could be their last shot at the playoffs. Time will tell.

I think the Bears defense is starting to show its age a bit. They've been terrific, but they remind me of the Broncos defense from 2006. We started that year on a record-setting pace on defense, but Plummer's ineptitude on offense (despite a pretty good OL and running game) tired the defense out and the loss of Al Wilson (our MLB and defensive leader) sealed the demise of the Larry Coyer (a Tampa 2 guy) defense.

In your case, it is again the offensive ineptitude tiring the defense out. Apart from Cutler and Marshall, there really isn't much of an offense. The few times I've watched you guys, Forte has been quite mediocre. The offensive line seems to have regressed from last year and the injuries haven't helped. The Bates passing game he brought from Denver is also understandably taking some time to settle in (no surprise Cutler and Marshall are doing well in it, and no other combination is really clicking as much).

I think the playoff race is tight. Tampa Bay, Washington and Seattle all have an even chance at the 2 wild card spots. Even if you get to the playoffs, I don't see you guys beating SF or the Giants unless Cutler gets hot and starts improvising. I still think it's important that you guys get to the playoffs to keep Lovie Smith and the coaching staff intact for at least another year, which on the offensive side may be the second most important thing you need next to an O line - stability.

I think Green Bay probably keeps pace and takes the division. Their playoff success though really depends on Clay Matthews. If he's healthy, they win. If not, not so much. More so than the face of their franchise, Matthews plays his best in big games.

With that said, I hope you guys and Washington take the two wild-card spots (or even better the divisions). Apart from my residual loyalty to Shanahan and Cutler, I think these two teams would improve the quality of the playoffs moreso than Tampa Bay and Seattle, who really have no shot at getting past the first round. You know if the Giants win the division, they don't want any more of Washington in the playoffs and Chicago has to be chomping at the bit at another shot at the 49ers, with their starting QB in place this time.

ERoyal248
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Good luck......and I mean that in a positive way.

Me and Blaze mentioned this, he's always here win or lose.

Not saying some Bears fans here are fairweather but he shows up usually right after or a day or so after the game.

One of the better Bears fans on here imo, good talking with him.

ERoyal248
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Bears schedule is pretty tough..

Cardinals depends if they have Kolb back. That game could be a defensive slugfest. Cardinals D has still been pretty good despite the ineptitude on offense.

For whatever reason, the Packers have the Bears # under Cutler. If Matthews/Woodson return, mainly Matthews, he can let Capers use some of his exotic blitz schemes.

Ironically, they haven't missed Woodson as much with the emergence of some young players in the secondary but is still missed.

I could see Detroit beat them, they've been in a lot of close games but have blown them, amazing to say the least.

Especially if that game is for a playoff spot or one is on the line.

InsaneBlaze23
12-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Bears schedule is pretty tough..

Cardinals depends if they have Kolb back. That game could be a defensive slugfest. Cardinals D has still been pretty good despite the ineptitude on offense.

For whatever reason, the Packers have the Bears # under Cutler. If Matthews/Woodson return, mainly Matthews, he can let Capers use some of his exotic blitz schemes.

Ironically, they haven't missed Woodson as much with the emergence of some young players in the secondary but is still missed.

I could see Detroit beat them, they've been in a lot of close games but have blown them, amazing to say the least.

Especially if that game is for a playoff spot or one is on the line.

Offense or not. 58 points is 58 points.

ERoyal248
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Offense or not. 58 points is 58 points.

In Seattle, tough place to play but this is true.

JohnShaft
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty shocked how they've tanked the season.

Really only have one shot to go into the Playoffs with any momentum, and that's by beating Green Bay. And I can say, with full confidence, that I have no confidence they can do that. Super depressing.

Makes me even more pissed that they didn't draft OL with the 1st pick (when Reiff and DeCastro feel). But oh no, coaching and management knew better. Idiots.

The Defense is playing old, but also getting really old. You have Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers and Tillman fading away. God is it going to need some rebuilding, and great drafting.

CanDB
12-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Me and Blaze mentioned this, he's always here win or lose.

Not saying some Bears fans here are fairweather but he shows up usually right after or a day or so after the game.

One of the better Bears fans on here imo, good talking with him.

I hope we are all CPing him for taking the bad with the good. That's a solid trait!

AC1
12-13-2012, 11:57 AM

Really only have one shot to go into the Playoffs with any momentum, and that's by beating Green Bay. And I can say, with full confidence, that I have no confidence they can do that. Super depressing.

Makes me even more pissed that they didn't draft OL with the 1st pick (when Reiff and DeCastro feel). But oh no, coaching and management knew better. Idiots.

The Defense is playing old, but also getting really old. You have Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers and Tillman fading away. God is it going to need some rebuilding, and great drafting.

The neglect of the OL has been almost criminal in Chicago. IIRC Carimi is the only O lineman drafted in the top 2 rounds in the time Cutler has been there. And it's not like they have some good mid-round picks in there.

You don't need a line full of first-rounders (though, as SF has shown with three top-20 picks on theirs, its pretty handy to come close), but you need not just players from the first four rounds, you also need to give them time to develop. OL development takes some vision.

roushmartin6
12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
The neglect of the OL has been almost criminal in Chicago. IIRC Carimi is the only O lineman drafted in the top 2 rounds in the time Cutler has been there. And it's not like they have some good mid-round picks in there.

You don't need a line full of first-rounders (though, as SF has shown with three top-20 picks on theirs, its pretty handy to come close), but you need not just players from the first four rounds, you also need to give them time to develop. OL development takes some vision.

This, you can't expect to compete with a line that bad. If they fire Lovie, they are firing the wrong guy

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2012, 01:09 PM

I'm only surprised by the fact that they looked good early in the year, but then again they seem to do this every year. This is the second year in a row they've been my early season SB pick in the NFC only to collapse in the second half of the season.

InsaneBlaze23
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
This, you can't expect to compete with a line that bad. If they fire Lovie, they are firing the wrong guy

Packers have a worst OL, they compete. Cowboys have just as bad or worse of an OL than the Bears, they are still in the mix.

Not saying Lovie is the problem, but the OL excuse gets old when they aren't the only team with bad OL's.

bears6385
12-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I think the Bears defense is starting to show its age a bit. They've been terrific, but they remind me of the Broncos defense from 2006. We started that year on a record-setting pace on defense, but Plummer's ineptitude on offense (despite a pretty good OL and running game) tired the defense out and the loss of Al Wilson (our MLB and defensive leader) sealed the demise of the Larry Coyer (a Tampa 2 guy) defense.

In your case, it is again the offensive ineptitude tiring the defense out. Apart from Cutler and Marshall, there really isn't much of an offense. The few times I've watched you guys, Forte has been quite mediocre. The offensive line seems to have regressed from last year and the injuries haven't helped. The Bates passing game he brought from Denver is also understandably taking some time to settle in (no surprise Cutler and Marshall are doing well in it, and no other combination is really clicking as much).

I think the playoff race is tight. Tampa Bay, Washington and Seattle all have an even chance at the 2 wild card spots. Even if you get to the playoffs, I don't see you guys beating SF or the Giants unless Cutler gets hot and starts improvising. I still think it's important that you guys get to the playoffs to keep Lovie Smith and the coaching staff intact for at least another year, which on the offensive side may be the second most important thing you need next to an O line - stability.

I think Green Bay probably keeps pace and takes the division. Their playoff success though really depends on Clay Matthews. If he's healthy, they win. If not, not so much. More so than the face of their franchise, Matthews plays his best in big games.

With that said, I hope you guys and Washington take the two wild-card spots (or even better the divisions). Apart from my residual loyalty to Shanahan and Cutler, I think these two teams would improve the quality of the playoffs moreso than Tampa Bay and Seattle, who really have no shot at getting past the first round. You know if the Giants win the division, they don't want any more of Washington in the playoffs and Chicago has to be chomping at the bit at another shot at the 49ers, with their starting QB in place this time.1) I really don't see the Bears defense as showing it's age even a bit. It's the 13th game of the season and that defense was on the field most of the game and only gave up one long drive to the Vikings all day, on the opening drive. That age ting is overblown when you consider that only four starters are over 30, Urlacher 34, Peppers 32, Briggs 32, and Tillman 32, the other seven starters are somewhere between 23 to 28.

2) I disagree on Forte, he is a workhorse who is not worked enough in the running game, 13 carries against the Vikings in a tight game is not taking advantage of his skills. Marshall is the one constant in the Bears offense where injuries have killed the other wideouts. Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, have all missed anywhere from one game (Hester) to six games (Jeffery) and Knox has missed the whole year after that horrific injury last year. That brings us to Cutler who is having his most inconsistant year since becoming a Bear. At some point in 2009,02010, and 2011 Cutler has gone on a run where he is throwing the ball as well as any QB in the league, to this point it has not happened in 2012. Jay's OL has been horrible since the day he got here so that is not an excuse for his inconsistant play.

3) The Bears have to win 2 out of the next 3 to make the playoffs, where even if they make it they will probably be one and done. The only thing that will save Lovie's job is a deep run into the playoffs, remember he was forced on Emery, when he took over as GM. In my opinion Lovie is gone, but I do hope the next HC is smart enough to keep Bates around as his OC keeping the same offense in place with a better OL, and one or two TE's that can actually catch the ball.

4) GB will win this division, but I don't see them as good enough to beat either SF, or NY.

5) Bears are still in a good position to make the playoffs, but I think it will be as the sixth seed, as the hot Seahawks take the fifth seed.

bears6385
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
This, you can't expect to compete with a line that bad. If they fire Lovie, they are firing the wrong guyLovie should have been fired last year when Jerry Angelo the GM who hired him was given the ax.

BTW.........the Bears made it to the NFCCG with an OL just as bad or worse in 2010.

InsaneBlaze23
12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Lovie should have been fired last year when Jerry Angelo the GM who hired him was given the ax.

BTW.........the Bears made it to the NFCCG with an OL just as bad or worse in 2010.

Exactly, the bad OL is an old excuse. It's helps to have a better OL, but it's not like it's the main cause of teams not making the playoffs.

bears6385
12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Exactly, the bad OL is an old excuse. It's helps to have a better OL, but it's not like it's the main cause of teams not making the playoffs.True, but I will be the first to admit I want that crappy OL in Chicago blown up and rebuilt next year. The Bears need two or three new starters for next season. Start with one or two in free agency, and then use the #1 draft pick on the best OLineman they can get.

AC1
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Packers have a worst OL, they compete. Cowboys have just as bad or worse of an OL than the Bears, they are still in the mix.

Not saying Lovie is the problem, but the OL excuse gets old when they aren't the only team with bad OL's.

The Packers actually have a pretty good OL.Rodgers is known for holding on to the ball too much. The Packers also give up sacks when they go to the spread. Chicago's OL is at a completely different level. This is a unit that gives up sacks (before the QB can complete his drop) in max-protect schemes.

Dallas has a worse line than the Packers but not as bad as the Bears or Cardinals. Those two OLs are just terrible.

#87Birdman
12-14-2012, 07:26 AM
The bears problem just grew. They have a bad line, but then their D while great fades late in the season to their age, and I think it is starting to show. The offense is average, but they have players that can make plays they just don't do it enough. And then add in the line makes it harder for those palyers to make plays and a D that is getting old and now needs the O more than ever and it just isn't able to hold up.

I think the Bears should really look at O line and trying to infuse some youth into that D.

AC1
12-14-2012, 07:46 AM
1) I really don't see the Bears defense as showing it's age even a bit. It's the 13th game of the season and that defense was on the field most of the game and only gave up one long drive to the Vikings all day, on the opening drive. That age ting is overblown when you consider that only four starters are over 30, Urlacher 34, Peppers 32, Briggs 32, and Tillman 32, the other seven starters are somewhere between 23 to 28.

2) I disagree on Forte, he is a workhorse who is not worked enough in the running game, 13 carries against the Vikings in a tight game is not taking advantage of his skills. Marshall is the one constant in the Bears offense where injuries have killed the other wideouts. Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, have all missed anywhere from one game (Hester) to six games (Jeffery) and Knox has missed the whole year after that horrific injury last year. That brings us to Cutler who is having his most inconsistant year since becoming a Bear. At some point in 2009,02010, and 2011 Cutler has gone on a run where he is throwing the ball as well as any QB in the league, to this point it has not happened in 2012. Jay's OL has been horrible since the day he got here so that is not an excuse for his inconsistant play.

3) The Bears have to win 2 out of the next 3 to make the playoffs, where even if they make it they will probably be one and done. The only thing that will save Lovie's job is a deep run into the playoffs, remember he was forced on Emery, when he took over as GM. In my opinion Lovie is gone, but I do hope the next HC is smart enough to keep Bates around as his OC keeping the same offense in place with a better OL, and one or two TE's that can actually catch the ball.

4) GB will win this division, but I don't see them as good enough to beat either SF, or NY.

5) Bears are still in a good position to make the playoffs, but I think it will be as the sixth seed, as the hot Seahawks take the fifth seed.

1. My point was that age is likely the reason they are not playing at the level they were to start the season. If this was a bunch of players in their 20s, there wouldn't have been as much of a dropoff. Then again, they were playing at a ridiculous level to start the season, so it probably would have been the same had they been a younger unit. They are still a pretty good defense.

2. I agree that Forte should be getting the ball a lot more. Tice seems to have gotten caught up in the passing game for reasons I don't understand. Isn't that why Martz was let go? When you have a bad OL, you let them run-block, especially when your backs are Forte and Bush and you have TEs that are better run-blockers than pass-catchers. Marshall and Bennett are good run-blocking receivers. There's really every reason to feature the run game and stick with it. Experienced OCs know that all the runs you call in the first half pay off in the second. Inexperienced OCs give up on the run game too early.

Cutler's been very good throwing to Marshall and not so much to the others guys. That tells me the others haven't figured out the new passing system yet. Maybe getting Knox back next year will help.

As for Cutler going on a run, I agree that it hasn't happened this year. But the Bears also haven't had any kind of gelling or getting in rhythm on offense. Maybe in the past he was playing well despite the OL, but his OL the last two games was even worse. Losing all those O linemen in the first game against Minnesota seemed to stall the offense (which I thought played well that game). I think the reason for concern in Chicago wasn't so much losing to Houston and SF, but losing the last two games. IMO those don't happen without the injuries to the OL the game before.

3. I agree that winning 2 out of 3 is essential. Washington is likely going to win out and Seattle can win 2 out of 3. But yeah, I don't see much happening for them in the playoffs. If Lovie is fired, one hopes the new GM will go for some offensive stability. Since Kyle Shanahan is not leaving Washington anytime soon, Rick Dennison would be a great choice. He's worked with Bates, Cutler and Marshall before and he's an O line guru to boot. He learned from Alex Gibbs and was responsible for Denver's running game since around 2003 and is now the key behind Houston's running game.

JohnShaft
12-14-2012, 03:14 PM
I've genuinely supported Lovie for most of his career. And never wanted him out.

However the writing is on the wall. In recent years we've had two failings.
1. We can't win in December & January.
2. We can't beat the Packers.

If that isn't the perfect resume to get sacked as a Bears coach I don't know what is.

JohnShaft
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
The Packers actually have a pretty good OL.Rodgers is known for holding on to the ball too much. The Packers also give up sacks when they go to the spread. Chicago's OL is at a completely different level.
Totally agree with AC1. Rodgers does hold on to the ball a lot, and I think that makes the Packers OL look worse than it is.

It's the same way Pittsburgh's OL is slated. Plenty of that is due to Ben holding on to the ball for three days, and then deciding to shake people off. Sure, half of the time it works, the other half though it must leave his OL hating taking the blame for the sacks he takes trying to King Kong people.

The Bears OL is just bad bad. But crazily it's been OK at pass blocking some weeks. It seems to be terrible at either pass or run blocking every single game though. And when it's bad it's whole other kind of bad.

We better draft some OL in the first (and 2nd or 3rd).

ERoyal248
12-14-2012, 06:01 PM
So Rodgers holding onto the ball for so long is why they have 42 sacks?

I haven't watched them that much but when i do, he hardly has any time to throw but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for so long, that's it...

It may be better over the Bears OL, but it aint much better.

ERoyal248
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM

As long as Rodgers is healthy, they have as good as shot as any to make the SB, as well as a healthy Matthews/Woodson/Nelson.

InsaneBlaze23
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
So Rodgers holding onto the ball for so long is why they have 42 sacks?

I haven't watched them that much but when i do, he hardly has any time to throw but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for so long, that's it...

It may be better over the Bears OL, but it aint much better.

As I told you before, excuses are made for Jay Cutler. For the Packers, all blame is one Rodgers.

ERoyal248
12-14-2012, 06:04 PM
True, but I will be the first to admit I want that crappy OL in Chicago blown up and rebuilt next year. The Bears need two or three new starters for next season. Start with one or two in free agency, and then use the #1 draft pick on the best OLineman they can get.

If you spend big in FA on OL, someone has to go who is a FA soon.

I believe Jennings, Melton, Tillman, Urlacher are all FA's in the next 2 years, this year included...

They do need OL help though no doubt.

ERoyal248
12-14-2012, 06:05 PM
As I told you before, excuses are made for Jay Cutler. For the Packers, all blame is one Rodgers.

It's pretty sad, it may be better over the Bears OL but the Packers don't have a good OL or all on Rodgers which is hilarious.

It's been a little better lately with Barclay at RT.

bears6385
12-14-2012, 06:52 PM
The bears problem just grew. They have a bad line, but then their D while great fades late in the season to their age, and I think it is starting to show. The offense is average, but they have players that can make plays they just don't do it enough. And then add in the line makes it harder for those palyers to make plays and a D that is getting old and now needs the O more than ever and it just isn't able to hold up.

I think the Bears should really look at O line and trying to infuse some youth into that D.The Bears D is great, and NO it has not faded late this season due to age or anything else. Where is this age you speak of, you do know that only 4 players on this starting defense are over the age of 30, Urlacher 34, Peppers 32, and both Tillman and Briggs just turned 32 at mid-season. Would it surprise you that every one of these players stats overall are better over the last three games as opposed to the first three games of the season. When you look at these players I guess perception is reality. The perception is that they are fading...........the reality is they are not.

bears6385
12-14-2012, 07:02 PM
If you spend big in FA on OL, someone has to go who is a FA soon.

I believe Jennings, Melton, Tillman, Urlacher are all FA's in the next 2 years, this year included...

They do need OL help though no doubt.Actually the Bears are in great shape for free agency. We never even got to the cap limit this past year, Bears are one of the best teams in the league at handeling the cap.

Melton and Urlacher are slated to become free agents this year. Tillman and Jennings are still under contract for next season. Melton is the key guy to bring back, as for Urlacher injuries may force him into retirement.

bears6385
12-14-2012, 09:27 PM
As long as Rodgers is healthy, they have as good as shot as any to make the SB, as well as a healthy Matthews/Woodson/Nelson.The way I see is even though Rodgers is a great QB, one of the top three in the league he still has a sieve for an OL, no running game to speak of and even with Matthews and Woodson that defense is just middle of the pack. Right now SF and NY are the most complete teams in the NFC. Both of these teams have defenses that can presssure Rodgers and that passing game, and offenses that can put points on the board against an average defense like the Packers. Both teams can also run the ball and keep Rodgers on the sidelines.

AC1
12-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I've genuinely supported Lovie for most of his career. And never wanted him out.

However the writing is on the wall. In recent years we've had two failings.
1. We can't win in December & January.
2. We can't beat the Packers.

If that isn't the perfect resume to get sacked as a Bears coach I don't know what is.

I thought you guys were winning December and January just fine in 2010. If not for Cutler's injury in the NFC Championship Game, that one-score game could very well have ended differently. Last year, you guys just had no shot without Cutler and this year, the two losses so far have been close affairs that could have gone either way with a few bounces. I wouldn't call that a problem.

Against the Packers, it's just matchups. The Packers' match one of their best players, Clay Matthews against one of your worst in Webb. The other advantage they had against your smaller receivers is now gone, as evidenced by Dom Capers changing his defensive scheme (exactly as Cutler suggested they would have to) because he doesn't want his corners matching up one-on-one. These kinds of matchups often happen, for instance the Packers crap their pants every time against the Giants and even the great Belichick is owned by Mike Shanahan. The Packers are of course overall more talented and deeper than the Bears, which is why Jerry Angelo got canned.

I think what you need right now is continuity from Lovie Smith and that defense and some experience in the Jeremy Bates system for the offense, along with some OL talent in the top rounds of the draft and FA. If there's any way you can bring Rick Dennison to take over the running game from Mike Tice, you'll be golden.

AC1
12-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Totally agree with AC1. Rodgers does hold on to the ball a lot, and I think that makes the Packers OL look worse than it is.

It's the same way Pittsburgh's OL is slated. Plenty of that is due to Ben holding on to the ball for three days, and then deciding to shake people off. Sure, half of the time it works, the other half though it must leave his OL hating taking the blame for the sacks he takes trying to King Kong people.

The Bears OL is just bad bad. But crazily it's been OK at pass blocking some weeks. It seems to be terrible at either pass or run blocking every single game though. And when it's bad it's whole other kind of bad.

We better draft some OL in the first (and 2nd or 3rd).

I think they've looked good at times when asked to max-protect. In almost every other situation, they've been bad.

LSIGRAD09
12-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Seriously, Adrian Peterson. Breaks another major run. Seems to be a weekly thing for him! 82 yards!

InsaneBlaze23
12-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Rodgers is getting smacked around, but I guess because he is holding the ball too long.:rolleyes:

InsaneBlaze23
12-16-2012, 02:24 PM
I'd hate to say I told you so...wait actually I'd love to say I told you so.
I called it in this thread at the beginning of the season, that the Packers would sweep the NFC north. Well the streak is alive on winning 12 straight vs the North and 6 straight vs the Bears.

Bears fans have anything to say? Silence is golden.

JohnShaft
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
One of the most ridiculously biased games I've ever seen. Even the commentators called them out multiple times.

So, if you had any class, I wouldn't gloat over a win like that.

InsaneBlaze23
12-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Winning is winning.
Packers are in the playoffs, Bears might not get a wild card.

I'm celebrating the victory of my team, if it makes me classes to cheer a victory...then I'll be classless. It's not like I give a damn about your opinion anyways.

Beagle
12-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Bears fans crack me up with their excuses. They have a built in excuse but refuse to use it or even admit its a problem. Here is a perfectly good reason to suck and its easy to say "Jay Cutler"

ERoyal248
12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Rodgers is getting smacked around, but I guess because he is holding the ball too long.:rolleyes:

LOL, i watched some of that game.

Both sacks he had maybe 2-3 seconds to throw if that.

ERoyal248
12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
One of the most ridiculously biased games I've ever seen. Even the commentators called them out multiple times.

Refs are the reason Chi scored 13 points, good to know.

CanDB
12-16-2012, 05:24 PM
The Packers are gaining steam at just the right time. They've weathered all those injuries very well, and were robbed of one win due to total incompetent refs. So, they could actually be still fighting for the #1 seed. Regardless, if they get Woodson and Douglas back, they are a contender.

InsaneBlaze23
12-16-2012, 06:05 PM
The Packers are gaining steam at just the right time. They've weathered all those injuries very well, and were robbed of one win due to total incompetent refs. So, they could actually be still fighting for the #1 seed. Regardless, if they get Woodson and Douglas back, they are a contender.

Maybe the refs called stupid penalties and refuse to call penalties because they wanted to give back to the Packers for what their replacement brothers did.....

bears6385
12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Winning is winning.
Packers are in the playoffs, Bears might not get a wild card.

I'm celebrating the victory of my team, if it makes me classes to cheer a victory...then I'll be classless. It's not like I give a damn about your opinion anyways.Congrats..........Packers are the better team. Good luck in the playoffs because I don't think the Bears are going to make it.

bears6385
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Packers..........10-4, win NFCN for the second year in a row. Congrats.

Vikings...........8-6, move into second place.

Bears............8-6, sinking fast.

Lions...........4-10, one of the worst teams in the league, with some of the league's best talent.

InsaneBlaze23
12-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Congrats..........Packers are the better team. Good luck in the playoffs because I don't think the Bears are going to make it.

Thanks, at lease you didn't take a stab at me for celebrating my team. I look forward to next season, maybe the Bears will have a better OL and better play calling.

famicommander
12-17-2012, 01:12 AM
It's good to see Cutler being Cutler again. Nobody collapses like that guy. I was worried the Bears wouldn't get around to collapsing last season with Cutler getting hurt, but luckily Hanie was a quick study and filled the part nicely.

I wonder when the sports media and the Bears franchise will admit that this guy is Jeff George 2.0.

AC1
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Maybe the refs called stupid penalties and refuse to call penalties because they wanted to give back to the Packers for what their replacement brothers did.....

This seems to be the prevailing sentiment among Packers fans I spoke to. I was surprised to see your earlier post. I watched part of the game at a Chicago bar and the Packers fans there were sheepishly admitting they got gifted the game (although justifying it by saying they were owed this one because of the Seattle game). Alshon Jeffrey alone got shafted big time this game (2 phantom OPIs and at least one big DPI not called). Sam Shields probably played the lottery last night considering how lucky he got.

AC1
12-17-2012, 11:34 AM
LOL, i watched some of that game.

Both sacks he had maybe 2-3 seconds to throw if that.

If you watched the game, I take it you're no longer going to try comparing GB's line to Chicago's in terms of pass-protection. Rodgers had enough time on many throws to go to his third and fourth reads.

AC1
12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
It's good to see Cutler being Cutler again. Nobody collapses like that guy. I was worried the Bears wouldn't get around to collapsing last season with Cutler getting hurt, but luckily Hanie was a quick study and filled the part nicely.

I wonder when the sports media and the Bears franchise will admit that this guy is Jeff George 2.0.

Yup, a QB with type-1 diabetes that has more wins than losses despite playing behind the worst OL in football is someone that "collapses" :rolleyes:

bears6385
12-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks, at lease you didn't take a stab at me for celebrating my team. I look forward to next season, maybe the Bears will have a better OL and better play calling.Enjoy........you have bragging rights for the next year. Lovie's is as good as gone so I am hoping the Bears finally get an offensive minded HC. As for the OL Ithink the Bears will start to rebuilt that unit in free agency. Jake Long looks like he will become a free agent and it is not very often that a Pro Bowl LT ever hits the open market. That would be a great place to start.

InsaneBlaze23
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Enjoy........you have bragging rights for the next year. Lovie's is as good as gone so I am hoping the Bears finally get an offensive minded HC. As for the OL Ithink the Bears will start to rebuilt that unit in free agency. Jake Long looks like he will become a free agent and it is not very often that a Pro Bowl LT ever hits the open market. That would be a great place to start.

*Makes this comment.

Packers give Long a call. Come play for the Champion Packers, just a lake away from your alma mater and home state.

Maybe even the Lions could give him a call. Either or the NFC North sounds like a good place for him location wise. Born in Detroit, went to Michigan.
I know if I played pro sports, i'd wanna be as close to home as possible. Makes it easier to see family and have kids.

bears6385
12-17-2012, 05:35 PM
*Makes this comment.

Packers give Long a call. Come play for the Champion Packers, just a lake away from your alma mater and home state.

Maybe even the Lions could give him a call. Either or the NFC North sounds like a good place for him location wise. Born in Detroit, went to Michigan.
I know if I played pro sports, i'd wanna be as close to home as possible. Makes it easier to see family and have kids.Ted Thompson for the most part does not go after big name free agents. He builds through the draft. To get Long it is going to take Joe Thomas kind of money which I believe was 7 years for 84 mill. I also saw where Long's agent is asking for 44 mil up front. I think Ted would prefer to spread that kind of money around.

The Lions are still in cap hell. Like last year they are not going to be a player in free agency.

The Bears have a history of targeting a player and getting that player, by trade, Ogunleye, Cutler, Marshall, or free agency, Muhammad, Tait, Peppers. The fact is the Bears need Long and will do whatever thay have to in terms of money to get him. The Bears have the will, the money, and the history to get their man. They will be in the running.

ERoyal248
12-17-2012, 07:00 PM
If you watched the game, I take it you're no longer going to try comparing GB's line to Chicago's in terms of pass-protection. Rodgers had enough time on many throws to go to his third and fourth reads.

And Cutler didn't?

Hilarious no excuses for Cutler, but Rodgers should be able to get a throw off in less than 2-3 seconds with 2-3 DL coming at him.

I didn't watch most of this game but i saw the 2 sacks, you are out of your mind if you think he could get that off and complete it. The Packers OL MIGHT be better over the Bears OL but it's not by a whole lot.

Also, by your logic, Cutler had 4-5+ seconds on the last sack, he should of got it to someone open, right?

ERoyal248
12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Ted Thompson for the most part does not go after big name free agents. He builds through the draft. To get Long it is going to take Joe Thomas kind of money which I believe was 7 years for 84 mill. I also saw where Long's agent is asking for 44 mil up front. I think Ted would prefer to spread that kind of money around.

The Lions are still in cap hell. Like last year they are not going to be a player in free agency.

The Bears have a history of targeting a player and getting that player, by trade, Ogunleye, Cutler, Marshall, or free agency, Muhammad, Tait, Peppers. The fact is the Bears need Long and will do whatever thay have to in terms of money to get him. The Bears have the will, the money, and the history to get their man. They will be in the running.

All this does is mean someone else will leave when their deal is up when you do that.

- Melton, who is a huge part to their defense and only 25.
- Urlacher is a FA, i think he'll player another year or two.

Tillman, Jennings, and Cutler are next year...

AC1
12-17-2012, 07:13 PM
And Cutler didn't?

Hilarious no excuses for Cutler, but Rodgers should be able to get a throw off in less than 2-3 seconds with 2-3 DL coming at him.

I didn't watch most of this game but i saw the 2 sacks, you are out of your mind if you think he could get that off and complete it. The Packers OL MIGHT be better over the Bears OL but it's not by a whole lot.

Also, by your logic, Cutler had 4-5+ seconds on the last sack, he should of got it to someone open, right?

Wow, at this point it seems like you're just being stubborn!

I said Rodgers had enough time to go through multiple reads and had much better protection than Cutler. Where on earth does that imply that I said he had 2-3 seconds and should have gotten throws off in that time?!!! Wow, just wow!

Next time you decide you want to form an unbiased opinion, watch both lines play. Watch the number of people that are left in to block, watch the number of people that are sent out on routes (limiting the options for the passer). Chicago's OL gives up sacks and QB hits (often quick ones) in max-protect. Rodgers gets to hold onto the ball even when the Packers go to a spread.

GB's OL isn't the greatest and Rodgers does a very good job of scrambling to evade pressure, but the two OLs aren't in the same conversation.

ERoyal248
12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
GB's OL isn't the greatest and Rodgers does a very good job of scrambling to evade pressure, but the two OLs aren't in the same conversation.

Yet Rodgers has been the most sacked QB in the league?

This makes no sense.

Blaze said it best, people bash Rodgers, yet Cutler gets so many excuses. GB does not have a very good OL, not at all. It's not a whole lot better over the Bears OL, if you think so, you're crazy.

AC1
12-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Yet Rodgers has been the most sacked QB in the league?

This makes no sense.

Blaze said it best, people bash Rodgers, yet Cutler gets so many excuses. GB does not have a very good OL, not at all. It's not a whole lot better over the Bears OL, if you think so, you're crazy.

This has been Rodgers shtick for a while now. Him and Rothlisberger always take sacks from holding the ball too long.

Cutler gets excuses and people bash Rodgers?!! Yeah, Cutler's the media darling and Rodgers is the one whose every sideline move gets analyzed to fit a preconceived negative storyline right?

Finally, you're repeating the same thing over and over again. I've given you reasons. Look at the play-calls. Look at Cutler getting sacked on max-protect when the defense rushes only four. That means there's 2 guys running patterns when 7 drop into coverage. By contrast to get to Rodgers, you have to blitz against his regular OL, which means more receivers in patterns against comparatively fewer defenders in coverage.

Rodgers, when he's being pursued would rather take a sack than throw it early and risk a pick. It could be conservative football, but it's more than likely the fact that a sack doesn't spoil his passer rating, an interception does.

#87Birdman
12-18-2012, 08:35 AM
This has been Rodgers shtick for a while now. Him and Rothlisberger always take sacks from holding the ball too long.

Cutler gets excuses and people bash Rodgers?!! Yeah, Cutler's the media darling and Rodgers is the one whose every sideline move gets analyzed to fit a preconceived negative storyline right?

Finally, you're repeating the same thing over and over again. I've given you reasons. Look at the play-calls. Look at Cutler getting sacked on max-protect when the defense rushes only four. That means there's 2 guys running patterns when 7 drop into coverage. By contrast to get to Rodgers, you have to blitz against his regular OL, which means more receivers in patterns against comparatively fewer defenders in coverage.

Rodgers, when he's being pursued would rather take a sack than throw it early and risk a pick. It could be conservative football, but it's more than likely the fact that a sack doesn't spoil his passer rating, an interception does.

bwhahaha really???? Do you really believe that lol...

Or maybe it is the live to play another down. You know when you get sacked unless it is fourth down there is another down a pick guess what it is now the opponent's ball and not your ball.

AC1
12-18-2012, 10:30 AM

Or maybe it is the live to play another down. You know when you get sacked unless it is fourth down there is another down a pick guess what it is now the opponent's ball and not your ball.

That's why the words before the part you boldfaced said "it could be conservative football". The difference is that when you throw the ball, there's a good chance you make a play and a small chance it's an interception. When you take a sack, there is ZERO chance of making a play. Rodgers doesn't play in a conservative, ball-control offense. If this was Alex Smith, you could say "yeah, it's just playing it safe".

Shanahan coached his QBs to play unafraid and he hated the QBs that checkdown and take sacks. In his opinion, those are the QBs that care more about their passer rating and completion percentage than anything else. It's why Brian Griese was traded. Conservativeness in a QB is a virtue according to analysts on ESPN and NFL. Coaches, especially offensive coaches, don't necessarily think that.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 12:44 PM

Roethlisberger, yes, but that's b/c he's so damn hard to bring down and can extend plays with his legs as good as anyone. Rodgers, not as much as Big Ben does.

People on here bash Rodgers, and defend Cutler like he's Jesus' son. Did you watch the Seattle game, first half, he had no time to throw and was sacked like a drum. The way to beat them is to Rush 4, and drop 6-7 in coverage. Seattle did it, SF did it, and NYG did it.

I saw the 2 sacks both times, he had at MOST 2-3 seconds to throw, don't even tell me he should be able to find someone open with 2-3 DL coming at him. Ironic how much you bash Rodgers and defend Cutler.

Rodgers is the MOST sacked QB in the league, but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for too long, RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Sadly, i believe AC1 does.

He has something against Rodgers, i don't know what it is.

InsaneBlaze23
12-18-2012, 12:57 PM

That's why I've had him on my ignore list for the past few months. He has some undying hate for Rodgers, he leads the pack in insulting Aaron and downplaying his ability. Making excuses for Cutler or other QB's, then placing blame on Rodgers for any fault of the Packers offense and taking away from what's bad or good.

The thought that the Bears and Packers OL are on major different levels is bull. I've watched every Packers game this season. The OL is terrible, when Aaron isn't on his back and can't throw the ball...he doesn't just lay down, he tries to get work done on his feet.

The Packers don't have a Matt Forte but the backs they have could be better on teams with better OL's, but the Packers' line is so bad, you can't have a running game aside from Rodgers getting out of sack situations and gaining a few yards with his legs.

Tim Tebow holds the ball to long, Rodgers and Little Ben hold onto the ball because they don't have a choice. I'd rather them go down with a sack than just throwing it up and hoping someone on their team catches it.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 01:03 PM
That's why I've had him on my ignore list for the past few months. He has some undying hate for Rodgers, he leads the pack in insulting Aaron and downplaying his ability. Making excuses for Cutler or other QB's, then placing blame on Rodgers for any fault of the Packers offense and taking away from what's bad or good.

The thought that the Bears and Packers OL are on major different levels is bull. I've watched every Packers game this season. The OL is terrible, when Aaron isn't on his back and can't throw the ball...he doesn't just lay down, he tries to get work done on his feet.

The Packers don't have a Matt Forte but the backs they have could be better on teams with better OL's, but the Packers' line is so bad, you can't have a running game aside from Rodgers getting out of sack situations and gaining a few yards with his legs.

Tim Tebow holds the ball to long, Rodgers and Little Ben hold onto the ball because they don't have a choice. I'd rather them go down with a sack than just throwing it up and hoping someone on their team catches it.

Well said.

I haven't watched a lot of Packers games, but the ones i do.

Rodgers doesn't have much time to throw, and i said this before. If the Packers OL is better than the Bears OL, it is not by a whole lot. Being the most sacked QB in the league, but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for so long, that's it, yep, smh.

The Giants game, some of the last Bears game, Seattle game he had literally no time to throw.

And wasn't Rodgers sacked more than Cutler last game vs Chi?

AC1
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Roethlisberger, yes, but that's b/c he's so damn hard to bring down and can extend plays with his legs as good as anyone. Rodgers, not as much as Big Ben does.

People on here bash Rodgers, and defend Cutler like he's Jesus' son. Did you watch the Seattle game, first half, he had no time to throw and was sacked like a drum. The way to beat them is to Rush 4, and drop 6-7 in coverage. Seattle did it, SF did it, and NYG did it.

I saw the 2 sacks both times, he had at MOST 2-3 seconds to throw, don't even tell me he should be able to find someone open with 2-3 DL coming at him. Ironic how much you bash Rodgers and defend Cutler.

Rodgers is the MOST sacked QB in the league, but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for too long, RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

It's ironic how much you defend Rodgers and bash Cutler. If Rodgers had 2 seconds to throw every time he dropped back, he would have the throw the ball much, much before the routes even developed or even before he finished his drop. His receivers must be amazing if he's throwing the ball in two seconds and they're still coming down with it.

AC1
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM

I don't get how you can say I bash Rodgers when I routinely call him a top-6 QB in this league. But you call Cutler all sorts of names and don't even acknowledge him as a top-10 QB, yet claim to have no bias against him. Strange logic.

AC1
12-18-2012, 01:09 PM

If you're going to announce that you have placed someone on your ignore list (be my guest to actually do it btw), have the decency to not attack them in your posts.

AC1
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Well said.

I haven't watched a lot of Packers games, but the ones i do.

Rodgers doesn't have much time to throw, and i said this before. If the Packers OL is better than the Bears OL, it is not by a whole lot. Being the most sacked QB in the league, but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for so long, that's it, yep, smh.

The Giants game, some of the last Bears game, Seattle game he had literally no time to throw.

And wasn't Rodgers sacked more than Cutler last game vs Chi?

I would be interested in your definition of how much better GB's OL is than Chicago's, if it's not by a whole lot. Also, please feel free to elaborate on how much of an advantage being in the same offensive scheme your entire career is, especially compared to having had no more than 3 seasons, especially compared to someone who has had 4 offensive systems in 7 years.

bears6385
12-18-2012, 05:27 PM
All this does is mean someone else will leave when their deal is up when you do that.

- Melton, who is a huge part to their defense and only 25.
- Urlacher is a FA, i think he'll player another year or two.

Tillman, Jennings, and Cutler are next year...Not really..........when we signed Peppers, the only player we lost of note was Alex Brown a solid DE at the time. It all depends on how the contract is structured, and I do know that Cliff Stein is one of the best in the league at cap management. As for Urlacher who knows if he will even be back next year, and if it came down to Long at 27 or Urlacher at 35, guess who wins. At that point McClellin just might be moved to LB as a replacement.

bears6385
12-18-2012, 05:42 PM
And Cutler didn't?

Also, by your logic, Cutler had 4-5+ seconds on the last sack, he should of got it to someone open, right?All that game proved was what we already know............Rodgers is the better QB, he can win in the regular season with a crap OL, and no running game to speak of. Cutler simply can't, he needs a good OL in front of him, a running game behind him and a full set of receivers, TE included. I really don't mean this as a knock on Cutler, he is a good QB, much like Schaub in Houston, but only great QB's can win with lesser talent around them.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't get how you can say I bash Rodgers when I routinely call him a top-6 QB in this league. But you call Cutler all sorts of names and don't even acknowledge him as a top-10 QB, yet claim to have no bias against him. Strange logic.

One, Rodgers is at WORST, 3rd or 4th.

Two, Cutler isn't top 10, not even sure some Bears fans would say he is. If saying he's not top 10 means i have something against him, then he has a lot of haters. I'm not the first nor am i the last to say he's not top 10.

Statistically he's the 22nd best QB.

In no order, here are QB's better.

Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Eli, Big Ben, Brees, Ryan, Romo, RG3, Luck, Stafford, Rivers, Schaub, Cam, Dalton.

Could argue Wilson and Flacco as well.

So which 5-6 is Cutler better over on that list.

RG3/Luck may be too early, as well as Cam/Dalton but i'd take both over Cutler.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
I would be interested in your definition of how much better GB's OL is than Chicago's, if it's not by a whole lot. Also, please feel free to elaborate on how much of an advantage being in the same offensive scheme your entire career is, especially compared to having had no more than 3 seasons, especially compared to someone who has had 4 offensive systems in 7 years.

Of course being in the same scheme helps but if you actually watch the Packers play, and can't tell the Packers OL is pretty below average, and that's putting it kindly.

Then i don't know what to say.

The most sacked QB in the league but it's b/c he holds onto the ball for so long, so funny.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 06:29 PM
All that game proved was what we already know............Rodgers is the better QB, he can win in the regular season with a crap OL, and no running game to speak of. Cutler simply can't, he needs a good OL in front of him, a running game behind him and a full set of receivers, TE included. I really don't mean this as a knock on Cutler, he is a good QB, much like Schaub in Houston, but only great QB's can win with lesser talent around them.

Anyone that knows anything about football would know going into that game Rodgers is the superior QB, now, and going forward, and has always been the superior QB. He's one of the top 2-3 QB's in the game.

And for whatever reason, Cutler just struggles badly vs the Packers. Forte has pretty bad #'s as well i believe, pretty strange. I don't know what it is. Maybe Caper/GB has a great scheme vs them. He does need a lot to win though.

ERoyal248
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Not really..........when we signed Peppers, the only player we lost of note was Alex Brown a solid DE at the time. It all depends on how the contract is structured, and I do know that Cliff Stein is one of the best in the league at cap management. As for Urlacher who knows if he will even be back next year, and if it came down to Long at 27 or Urlacher at 35, guess who wins. At that point McClellin just might be moved to LB as a replacement.

Fair point, guess we'll see what happens.

Wouldn't mind the Broncos getting Lach on a 1-yr deal if they don't re-sign him.

bears6385
12-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Fair point, guess we'll see what happens.

Wouldn't mind the Broncos getting Lach on a 1-yr deal if they don't re-sign him.If Urlacher were to go, Broncos would be a perfect fit.

CanDB
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM

I watched the replay of the game tonight. Didn't see it live, because there's this Bronco team I follow. And though the replay cuts out some pieces of the game, which are probably the uneventful parts, my assessment would be as follows:

- Green Bay outplayed Chicago
- Rodgers made some outstanding plays, and showed how good his arm is, even though he wasn't totally on that day
- Sure there were some questionable calls, but Chicago's big receivers are pushing off dbacks and getting called accordingly. Marshall scored a TD last week against Minnesota that sure was "aggressive". They will call those Offensive Pass Interferences regularly, and I don't blame them. Dbacks can hardly breath on a guy these days, and to let a receiver push off just doesn't cut it. The Peppers' roughing the passer call was borderline, but that's sometimes the way the NFL is calling those plays.
- If not for those two fumble recoveries, Chicago was really not in the game....not to mention Crosby missed two easy ones again.

So for all the so called bias, I still don't see Chicago deserving any part of that game. And as for your commentators, it sounded to me like they were unimpressed with Chicago's O for the mostpart.

JohnShaft
12-18-2012, 10:50 PM
DB, I was massively unimpressed with the Bears O (as I usually have been). The team effort didn't deserve a win. But so what? Teams win all the time that don't deserve it. They lost by one score. Multiple penalties robbed them of that chance, deserved or not.

I think you're being way more generous about the penalties that even Troy Aikman was willing to be.
Shields pushed off on Jeffery on their last play of the game way worse than any of Jeffery's contact, and nothing was called. Lets be honest here, the only reason they called Jeffery for OPI 3 times in a half (which is like unheard of) was because he's a rookie.

There was nothing borderline about Peppers hit. 2 steps? He was already launching when the ball was released. He hit him like a fraction of a second later. The slo-mo showed how silly it was. Aikman backed that view up.

They didn't deserve to win, but that doesn't go 1% to making the one-sided calls right.

CanDB
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
DB, I was massively unimpressed with the Bears O (as I usually have been). The team effort didn't deserve a win. But so what? Teams win all the time that don't deserve it. They lost by one score. Multiple penalties robbed them of that chance, deserved or not.

I think you're being way more generous about the penalties that even Troy Aikman was willing to be.
Shields pushed off on Jeffery on their last play of the game way worse than any of Jeffery's contact, and nothing was called. Lets be honest here, the only reason they called Jeffery for OPI 3 times in a half (which is like unheard of) was because he's a rookie.

There was nothing borderline about Peppers hit. 2 steps? He was already launching when the ball was released. He hit him like a fraction of a second later. The slo-mo showed how silly it was. Aikman backed that view up.

They didn't deserve to win, but that doesn't go 1% to making the one-sided calls right.

Your last statement is fine with me. I admit, I didn't watch the game live, and did not hear all the commentary. I would definitely go along with a couple of bad calls (Peppers for one), but listen, that happens in most games. And you must admit, Jeffery was making it easy to make that call, and has to learn to back off making them. He'll get a reputation, and the refs will be watching for that type of contact all the time.

My concern initially was that you thought that Chicago deserved the win. Appears that's not the case. In fact, when I watched the replay, I expected a closer match than I saw. Green Bay was making things happen. One could argue it could have been worse (Crosby's missed opportunities and that dumb late game fumble).

Frankenpost
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM
The Bears vrs Pack game last sunday is the apitimy of why the pack won the North and own the Bears the several years.

Both teams were injured and beat up going into the game but the packers have depth, and can absorb the injuries and still win. The bears can not. They have no depth.

Watching the game replay i couldn't believe the bears couldn't punch the ball in from the 5 yd line after the pack gifted the bears a turnover deep in their own territory. What a joke. But then again the O-Line and playcalling is just that. :coffee:

JohnShaft
12-19-2012, 02:45 PM
And you must admit, Jeffery was making it easy to make that call, and has to learn to back off making them. He'll get a reputation, and the refs will be watching for that type of contact all the time.
You're right, he was definitely making it too easy on them. The thing is any big body, strong receiver will often look likes he's pushing around a smaller DB, and I think that was a lot of it. He will learn how to do it smartly (he'll also get more the benefit of the doubt when he's not a rookie). And he will learn, in fact Marshall has said he's going to tutor him in the off season. Really happy about that.

My concern initially was that you thought that Chicago deserved the win. Appears that's not the case. In fact, when I watched the replay, I expected a closer match than I saw.Nah, I'm not that daft, or biased. I'm pretty furious at the team atm (was the week before, after choking two games).

You're right about the Packers too, they kept the Bears in the game (the punt lateral was one of the dumbest, and most arrogant, ST calls I've ever seen). It should never been as close as the score made it seem.

I'm actually thinking, though we have the dregs of the league (Arizona & Detroit) we don't win both games. I think the team is shot, emotionally and confidence-wise.

Watching the game replay i couldn't believe the bears couldn't punch the ball in from the 5 yd line after the pack gifted the bears a turnover deep in their own territory. What a joke. But then again the O-Line and playcalling is just that.
True dat.
More than anything else, that choke at the goal-line was the reason they deserved to lose the game.

CanDB
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
You're right, he was definitely making it too easy on them. The thing is any big body, strong receiver will often look likes he's pushing around a smaller DB, and I think that was a lot of it. He will learn how to do it smartly (he'll also get more the benefit of the doubt when he's not a rookie). And he will learn, in fact Marshall has said he's going to tutor him in the off season. Really happy about that.

Nah, I'm not that daft, or biased. I'm pretty furious at the team atm (was the week before, after choking two games).

You're right about the Packers too, they kept the Bears in the game (the punt lateral was one of the dumbest, and most arrogant, ST calls I've ever seen). It should never been as close as the score made it seem.

I'm actually thinking, though we have the dregs of the league (Arizona & Detroit) we don't win both games. I think the team is shot, emotionally and confidence-wise.

Thx JS for clearing up any misunderstanding. I see what you are saying.

bears6385
12-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Packers...........11-4, rolling towards the playoffs.

Vikings............9-6, impressive win today.

Bears.............9-6, defense wins another one.

Lions............4-11, only 2-5 in their home dome.

CanDB
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM
The Bears have one foot through the playoff door, but they can't take The Lions lightly. That last game will be like a Lions' playoff game. CJ has already broken the record, and he and the others will be looking for something more than extending his record. They may surprise, given their motivation.

And The Pack look amazing right now, but The Vikes control their own destiny, and could mess up The Packers' last game. Then again, The Pack may be going on their own run, and if San Fran loses tonight, The Pack would be playing for a bye.

So The Bears need to beat a motivated team (in their house), and hope that Minnesota doesn't rise to the occasion. Still things to be decided, although Seattle will be tough to keep out, even with a loss tonight.