PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys at Giants

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Anyone want to talk about it while it's on?

Real meaningful NFL games are back and I can feel it. Great matchup.

Eli is one cool customer isn't he.

Giants D looks like Giants D.......

man o man football season is really back :D

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
20 yard sack WOW

Remedy
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
career sack #1

heh... Eli just lost a lot of yards on that

the0rangecrush
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Its ok its not the 4th quarter yet eli

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Love watching Giants vs 'Boys -- that 4th down play was crazy. I may have never seen 22 guys that congested on the field before

elway93
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
These offenses have been painful to watch.

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Well they're not 3 and out'ing. But yeah the defenses are controlling it

Captain_23
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Romo.. smh

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
JPP is a monster

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
This game is mad boring

canadiansbronco
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
^^^no kinding sheesh

Remedy
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
That Dallas line is brutal.

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I forgot how many commercials they shove down your throat especially near the halfs. with Time Outs and 2m warnings...... it's brutal. I need a product brainwash firewall

Remedy
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I forgot how many commercials they shove down your throat especially near the halfs. with Time Outs and 2m warnings...... it's brutal. I need a product brainwash firewall

Tv's should come with addblock plus

elway93
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Tony Romo is my starting quarterback on my fantasy team :doh:

elway93
09-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Nm. that touchdown helps.

Captain_23
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
This game is mad boring

i can only speak for myself, but thats because College Football has become more entertaining and fun to watch, than the NFL. Don't get me wrong, the Broncos are the only NFL team I have ever been a fan of my whole life, but I love my South Carolina Gamecocks and the atmosphere of College Football as a whole.

Like I said, just speaking for myself.

ERoyal248
09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Tony Romo is my starting quarterback on my fantasy team :doh:

Romo looking good minus the INT....

As usual, i expect this will come down to the final 2 minutes.

Remedy
09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
OWNgletree

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Finally saw a cool commercial

Taken 2 looks like it might be good

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2012, 07:22 PM
i can only speak for myself, but thats because College Football has become more entertaining and fun to watch, than the NFL. Don't get me wrong, the Broncos are the only NFL team I have ever been a fan of my whole life, but I love my South Carolina Gamecocks and the atmosphere of College Football as a whole.

Like I said, just speaking for myself.

Well for me, college football is just often too sloppy for me to enjoy

elway93
09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Finally saw a cool commercial

Taken 2 looks like it might be good

Except it just looks like a total greedy cash grab. "Hey, remember that movie we made? Well we made it again, but this time it's in a different city and two people get taken."

Remedy
09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Except it just looks like a total greedy cash grab. "Hey, remember that movie we made? Well we made it again, but this time it's in a different city and two people get taken."

welcome to every sequel ever.

canadiansbronco
09-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow these refs are crazy he taped and was scared doing it lol

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah I just love those kinds of movies. That's why I even like Steven Segal movies lol and I know some are terrible

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Movies where someone kills or rapes a guy's family and he's left with nothing payback motivation - and it just so happens he's good at killin :)

:thumb:

I never go to the movies anymore tho, I did see Prometheus 2wice in imax - and that wasn't even because I thought it was that awesome - Ijust love the series and had to absorb it more than once

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I hope our running game wears out PITT by Q3 on Sunday too - lol the Giants just got burnt bad

BroncoFanNC
09-05-2012, 07:42 PM
NO ONES IN THE CHAT WITH ME (http://www.broncoscountry.com/bc_chat/)

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I'll come join ya (http://www.broncoscountry.com/bc_chat/)

elway93
09-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Ogletree is only owned in 0.4% of ESPN leagues. Just sayin'.

Remedy
09-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I will not join you.

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I got a fever and the only Remedy is dbchat

-Rod-
09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Ogletree is only owned in 0.4% of ESPN leagues. Just sayin'.

It will probably change from 0.4% to 40% after waivers.

elway93
09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
The Giants have not looked very impressive tonight.

// / yardo
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
The Giants have not looked very impressive tonight.

I just hope they make this come back.

#24 Next Champ
09-05-2012, 08:32 PM
WHY even put safeties deep in that scenario, SO stupid...I'm just amazed that such stupid crap can happen in the NFL...Amazinggg

ERoyal248
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Amazing game from Romo, so underrated, yes i said it.

CoryWinget81
09-05-2012, 08:39 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/253114_10151015939131881_1873888711_n.jpg

dizzolve
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
he's got plenty of haters

DenverBlood
09-05-2012, 08:51 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/253114_10151015939131881_1873888711_n.jpg

Meh. Nothing to get excited about. He did alright considering its the worst or second worst secondary in the nfl. Giants can't even hold up for 2 seconds when the line got good pass rushes.

He threw one really bad pick and got away with another that would've been terrible. Had multiple false starts where he wasn't paying attention to the clock and had several others where it was questionable the refs let it go.

Also had several bad overthrows. Sure he was better than the Giants offense but it really wasn't all that special considering how bad the giants secondary is.

CoryWinget81
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Meh. Nothing to get excited about. He did alright considering its the worst or second worst secondary in the nfl. Giants can't even hold up for 2 seconds when the line got good pass rushes.

He threw one really bad pick and got away with another that would've been terrible. Had multiple false starts where he wasn't paying attention to the clock and had several others where it was questionable the refs let it go.

Also had several bad overthrows. Sure he was better than the Giants offense but it really wasn't all that special considering how bad the giants secondary is.

The Cowboys line was atrocious and after the first pick he was escaping pressure like a magician. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

COBronc78
09-05-2012, 08:59 PM

No. Just no.

Did you see the pressure romo was facing all night? The guy played very well

ERoyal248
09-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Cowboys OL gave him no time, he was running for his life..

Romo played pretty damn well tonight.

broncosking209
09-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Romo gets soo much hate.. Its crazy Ima broncos fan with about 15+ cowboy fans at work and im litteraly probably the only one who sticks up for romo.. He gets so much unnecesary(sp) hate even from his own fan base.. When you put up the numbers he does and still lose you cant blame him. I know ultimately the qb takes the loss but jeez

HavoK471
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Romo gets soo much hate.. Its crazy Ima broncos fan with about 15+ cowboy fans at work and im litteraly probably the only one who sticks up for romo.. He gets so much unnecesary(sp) hate even from his own fan base.. When you put up the numbers he does and still lose you cant blame him. I know ultimately the qb takes the loss but jeez

I actually think most of the hate comes from the Cowboy fanbase

Mk2_Tebow
09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Any knowledgeable cowboy fan will not blame Romo for Cowboys short comings. He is not only the second highest rated QB ever he delivered 5 double digit leads last year in the 4th quarter that the Dallas defense squandered ......FIVE

CanDB
09-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Boy.....Giants running game looks even worse than last year........which means they have a shot to win it all!!!!

And Cruz better not rest on his laurels. Three dropped passes I believe. Not much dancing if he keeps that up, and Cruz does rhyme with a negative crowd noise..........

Bottom line, Giants look ordinary, have some deficiencies (running/dbacks), and Manning just ok tonight. This definitely looks like another SB year for them!!!!!

ERoyal248
09-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Morris Claiborne and Carr looked GOOD tonight.

Mo had Nicks on shutdown.

broncosking209
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Yea Mo got picked on to start the game but after a few plays he was shutdown

roushmartin6
09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Dallas's line is definately a concern but Romo was on tonight and their defense was ballin'.

DenverBlood
09-06-2012, 12:22 AM
The Cowboys line was atrocious and after the first pick he was escaping pressure like a magician. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

No. Just no.

Did you see the pressure romo was facing all night? The guy played very well

Cowboys OL gave him no time, he was running for his life..

Romo played pretty damn well tonight.

I thought the discussion was wether he is overrated or not? Not about one game. Too which I argued that it didn't change a thing in my opinion.

Yes I'm fully aware that he played well to survive pressure. However you guys are making too big of an excuse for that.
He didn't have nearly as much pressure as Eli had all night. Though I'm not oblivious to the fact that he avoided a lot of bad situations with his legs. And that his numbers were better than Eli's. Though that could be attributed to several dropped balls by Giant receivers.

But his near miss pick was after he avoided pressure and had time to make his throw out of the pocket. He flat didn't see the LB when he lead his receiver.

Several of his overthrows were under 0 pressure at all. And his delay of games and several near delays have nothing to do with online pressure.

He did play a very good game but as I originally stated you still have to keep things in perspective. Most of the night he didn't need more than two seconds to make a decision. As the coverage was extremely soft. And his receivers made big plays all night while Eli's failed him over and over.

He is a top 10 QB but unlike John Clayton I would not call him elite.

DenverBlood
09-06-2012, 12:28 AM
I will admit though that the Cowgirls are one of my top 3 most hated teams. So by default I really hate Romo. So I may have a hard time not being bias on the subject. Still don't think he is elite though.

yaz96
09-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Tell me again why we let Dominik Hixon go??? That STILL ticks me off......

roushmartin6
09-06-2012, 01:27 AM
@yaz96 We tried to stash him on the practice squad after his hit with the Bill's player (name slips my mind at the moment). Hixon wasn't himself after that (most people wouldn't be) so we cut him so he could go on the practice squad till he got his mind right, but the Giants claimed him (kind of a low blow doing that but legal).

Chillez
09-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Morris Claiborne looked "okay" to me I wasn't way impressed with his performance. Giants Secondary was god awful, Cowboys eat them up bad I was surprised. That was difference in the game to me. Cowboys defense does look much improved though compared last season.

ERoyal248
09-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I thought the discussion was wether he is overrated or not? Not about one game. Too which I argued that it didn't change a thing in my opinion.

Yes I'm fully aware that he played well to survive pressure. However you guys are making too big of an excuse for that.
He didn't have nearly as much pressure as Eli had all night. Though I'm not oblivious to the fact that he avoided a lot of bad situations with his legs. And that his numbers were better than Eli's. Though that could be attributed to several dropped balls by Giant receivers.

But his near miss pick was after he avoided pressure and had time to make his throw out of the pocket. He flat didn't see the LB when he lead his receiver.

Several of his overthrows were under 0 pressure at all. And his delay of games and several near delays have nothing to do with online pressure.

He did play a very good game but as I originally stated you still have to keep things in perspective. Most of the night he didn't need more than two seconds to make a decision. As the coverage was extremely soft. And his receivers made big plays all night while Eli's failed him over and over.

He is a top 10 QB but unlike John Clayton I would not call him elite.

So it's Romo's fault their defense blew FIVE 4th-quarter leads last year?

Yes, i'm aware some of those games were Romo's fault, Lions/Jets. They were up 37-22 with 5:22 last year against the Giants. NO reason your defense should not close that game.

Also, who is calling Romo elite, i'd love to see this. He's easily top 10, top 7-8 imo.

Romo does make some boneheaded plays, but it comes with the territory, he's kinda like Cutler in a sense.

DenverBlood
09-06-2012, 09:47 AM
So it's Romo's fault their defense blew FIVE 4th-quarter leads last year?

Yes, i'm aware some of those games were Romo's fault, Lions/Jets. They were up 37-22 with 5:22 last year against the Giants. NO reason your defense should not close that game.

Also, who is calling Romo elite, i'd love to see this. He's easily top 10, top 7-8 imo.

Romo does make some boneheaded plays, but it comes with the territory, he's kinda like Cutler in a sense.

Lots of media consider him elite. Specifically 1 name I already mentioned was John Clayton. Although he rates half the league elite.

Another lesser name would be Colin Cowherd. He absolutely loves the guy.

Also I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure ESPN rated him at or near the top 6 in QB's. Which I would probably classify top 5-6 as elite.

Anyways as I stated I admit top 10 and better than I would've admitted 2-3 years ago. I was just saying that I wouldn't call him underrated. And I don't think it's insane to consider him overrated. But overrated I guess depends on who you are listening to. I named a few people in the media who go stir crazy over him. Cris Collinsworth was another who got carried away last night. Calling it possibly the best game of his career. Which I honestly think disrespects Romo's career.

So from a few specific media I've heard from is why I was calling it overrated.

As for fan perspective I'll admit he is probably better than fans give him credit for.

EvertonBroncos
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
@yaz96 We tried to stash him on the practice squad after his hit with the Bill's player (name slips my mind at the moment). Hixon wasn't himself after that (most people wouldn't be) so we cut him so he could go on the practice squad till he got his mind right, but the Giants claimed him (kind of a low blow doing that but legal).

Kevin Everett?

Thought after a slow start it was a good game. Romo done well, can see there being thousands of waiver claims for Kevin Ogletree in the next few days!

#87Birdman
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Kevin Everett?

Thought after a slow start it was a good game. Romo done well, can see there being thousands of waiver claims for Kevin Ogletree in the next few days!

I put in for the league on here :P Figured he could turn out to be good trade bait and since I have claim waiver #1 pretty sure I will get him :D

Broncos-R-Great
09-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Tell me again why we let Dominik Hixon go??? That STILL ticks me off......

It wouldn't have mattered, had we kept him, McDaniels would've cut him, so he still wouldn't be here today.

Deebs
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Morris Claiborne looked "okay" to me I wasn't way impressed with his performance.

Plus Claiborne was going against Hakeem Nicks, who was gimpy and was on the bubble to not play at all. Might be a whole different story when he's health for the rematch

Chillez
09-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Plus Claiborne was going against Hakeem Nicks, who was gimpy and was on the bubble to not play at all. Might be a whole different story when he's health for the rematch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPDZSy0MJrA