PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson or Ronnie Brown in Wk 1?

Cyrend
09-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Obviously, this would hinge on AP playing at all. If not, it's an easy decision.

The word is that AP is going to be limited if he plays, so that is the hiccup. I picked up Ronnie Brown off waivers since Ryan Mathews will be out, but I'm not very confident in the play, even if it is against the Raiders.

So, what do you think? A limited Adrian Peterson vs Jax or Ronnie Brown vs the Raiders?

Gsam
09-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Obviously, this would hinge on AP playing at all. If not, it's an easy decision.

The word is that AP is going to be limited if he plays, so that is the hiccup. I picked up Ronnie Brown off waivers since Ryan Mathews will be out, but I'm not very confident in the play, even if it is against the Raiders.

So, what do you think? A limited Adrian Peterson vs Jax or Ronnie Brown vs the Raiders?

ronnie. no question

underrated29
09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Ronnie will do great. I'm not sure why so many are down on brown. He was my number 1 last year and Mcgahee was my number two. Ronnie should ball out! He is guaranteed to get at least 15-20 touches and catch some passes out of the backfield.

HUMCALC
09-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Ronnie....

canadiansbronco
09-07-2012, 09:21 PM
ronnie brown easily

Cyrend
09-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Ronnie will do great. I'm not sure why so many are down on brown. He was my number 1 last year and Mcgahee was my number two. Ronnie should ball out! He is guaranteed to get at least 15-20 touches and catch some passes out of the backfield.

Interestingly enough, that's what my two starting backs are going to be this week haha.

BroncoFanBoy
09-08-2012, 01:27 AM
AP will easily be limited. They don't want to mess up his rehab. Go with Ronnie.

FlowdaBroncoFan
09-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Ok, so ronnie brown or steven ridley?

beastlyskronk
09-08-2012, 11:11 PM

You must not have done very well last year if Ronnie Brown was your No. 1 RB.

Honestly I'd just try and pick someone up. I doubt Ronnie Brown will get a lot of touches, Rivers will probably come out with something to prove and throw it all over the place. Plus Brown is in a rapid decline, he only had 136 yards last year and 1 TD, not good at all. He's just living off of his name at this point. If he's available, I think Alfred Morris would be a great pickup. Shanny likes to ride the hot hand and I like the way he runs in that zone scheme. Helu and Royster are pretty good too but Morris is the biggest back and will get the goalline touches more than likely.

Cyrend
09-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I've been led astray! Lol AP with 50 and 2tds

HUMCALC
09-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry for the bad advice :(

baphamet
09-09-2012, 11:41 PM
sorry i didn't see this thread earlier, no way in hell would i have started brown over AP even semi injured.

InsaneBlaze23
09-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Lol, I hope you didn't actually start Brown over AP.
Regardless of his injury he is one of the best backs in the league. He got me 20 points for my teams where I have him.

beastlyskronk
09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Honestly I'd just try and pick someone up. I doubt Ronnie Brown will get a lot of touches, Rivers will probably come out with something to prove and throw it all over the place. Plus Brown is in a rapid decline, he only had 136 yards last year and 1 TD, not good at all. He's just living off of his name at this point. If he's available, I think Alfred Morris would be a great pickup. Shanny likes to ride the hot hand and I like the way he runs in that zone scheme. Helu and Royster are pretty good too but Morris is the biggest back and will get the goalline touches more than likely.

Man I'm a genius lol :smug:

HUMCALC
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Man I'm a genius lol :smug:

Nice call :D