PDA

View Full Version : RG3 and redskins

Hadez
09-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Dunno if anyone else watching this game but another example why Shanahan is the Mastermind

AMAZING game plan

Bubble screens all first drive...like 5 or 6 of them. Good enough for a a FG

Add in a couple read option plays...

Got defense thinking Bubble screen and runs then...BOOM 88 yard TD.

Great way to break a rookie qb into the NFL on the road.

Maybe Shanahan should stay away from the draft room but his skills as a HC are second to none imo

DenverBlood
09-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Dunno if anyone else watching this game but another example why Shanahan is the Mastermind

AMAZING game plan

Maybe Shanahan should stay away from the draft room but his skills as a HC are second to none imo

I like Shanahan a lot but I can't even come close to agreeing with that last statement. Billichek can coach circles around Shanahan and has the rings and super bowl appearances to prove it. He may have had Billicheats number for awhile but that didn't make him a better overall coach.

I pretty much agree across the rest of the league though. Can't think of another coach with better gameplan ability.

Maybe Sean Payton.

BroncsSB#3
09-09-2012, 11:06 AM
RGIII certainly looks good so far. Its only week 1, so we'll see how he pans out as the season goes by. So far, it looks like a great decision by WAS to trade up for him.

EddieMac
09-09-2012, 11:09 AM
much impressed with RG III today. PLaying well, mixing up the run and pass.

Shanny must be pretty excited, finally.

#24 Next Champ
09-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm happy for Shanny

Finally has another top QB WITH great leadership n attitude

EddieMac
09-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I still miss that guy, just not his defensive decisions as GM....

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 11:15 AM
overall not impressed. Screen, Screen, Screen, wide open receiver. Good gameplan, not impressed with RG3. However, he did have one good play with his athletic ability to keep the play alive and get them like 20yds.

Chillez
09-09-2012, 11:23 AM
RG3 has looked good so far. I just think he could "bust" though.

DenverBlood
09-09-2012, 11:28 AM
overall not impressed. Screen, Screen, Screen, wide open receiver. Good gameplan, not impressed with RG3. However, he did have one good play with his athletic ability to keep the play alive and get them like 20yds.

Yeah nothing at all impressive about 11/13 182 yards and 2 td's. Even if the play calls are safe I know a certain QB who wears the #15 who still couldn't put up those stats with safe calls.

DenverBlood
09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
RG3 has looked good so far. I just think he could "bust" though.

Luck could bust just as easily. Anyone could bust. Not sure what the point of that statement was.

Chillez
09-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Luck could bust just as easily. Anyone could bust. Not sure what the point of that statement was.

Well RG3 had only 1 great year in college, while Andrew Luck had multiple. Luck been compared to Elway and Manning. Most experts say Luck best QB coming out of college in last few decades. I'm just not sold on RG3 I'm skeptical. Time will tell though.

Hadez
09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I like Shanahan a lot but I can't even come close to agreeing with that last statement. Billichek can coach circles around Shanahan and has the rings and super bowl appearances to prove it. He may have had Billicheats number for awhile but that didn't make him a better overall coach.

I pretty much agree across the rest of the league though. Can't think of another coach with better gameplan ability.

Maybe Sean Payton.

How many times has Billichek been to the playoffs without Brady? How many playoff games has he won? I know because I have researched it before just curious if you do.

Shanahan has taken 3 different QBs to the playoffs, 2 different QBs to the Conf championship game.

To quote one of my favorite internet videos, Tom Brady could make a retarded squirrell look like the next Bill Walsh.

Billichek may be a good coach but lets look at this again when he loses Brady.

Hadez
09-09-2012, 11:49 AM

You must be new to football because that is the point

Asking a rookie QB to throw deep bombs all day is a HORRIBLE idea. NOTHING can get a rookie ready for regular season football. Asking them to read defenses and throw deep passes is such a bad idea.

btw do not forget 30 yards rushing...most of it designed plays

Yeah nothing at all impressive about 11/13 182 yards and 2 td's. Even if the play calls are safe I know a certain QB who wears the #15 who still couldn't put up those stats with safe calls.

11/13 182 yards and 2 TDs, that is not because RG3 is all that...that is because Shanahans made a great gameplan.
Shanahan knows what he likes to do and knows RG3 can fit into his offense like perfect glove

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
You must be new to football because that is the point

Asking a rookie QB to throw deep bombs all day is a HORRIBLE idea. NOTHING can get a rookie ready for regular season football. Asking them to read defenses and throw deep passes is such a bad idea.

btw do not forget 30 yards rushing...most of it designed plays

11/13 182 yards and 2 TDs, that is not because RG3 is all that...that is because Shanahans made a great gameplan.
Shanahan knows what he likes to do and knows RG3 can fit into his offense like perfect glove

Pot meet Kettle, its ignorant statement like these that show no understanding of football. The first drive there wasn't a single pass over the line of scrimmage. Until the second half there wasn't any timing, intermediate routes that he threw unless the wide receiver was wide open. That said he has been much more impressive the second half actually throwing the ball down the field.

Frenchy180
09-09-2012, 12:09 PM
How many times has Billichek been to the playoffs without Brady? How many playoff games has he won? I know because I have researched it before just curious if you do.

Shanahan has taken 3 different QBs to the playoffs, 2 different QBs to the Conf championship game.

To quote one of my favorite internet videos, Tom Brady could make a retarded squirrell look like the next Bill Walsh.

Billichek may be a good coach but lets look at this again when he loses Brady.

Elway, Plummer, and ?

nic.zeman24
09-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Elway, Plummer, and ?

Griese

jcdavey
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
this kid looks legit......

Frenchy180
09-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Griese

Thanks... That in itself is an accomplishment that should land Shanny in the Hall of Fame.

canadiansbronco
09-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Well RG3's preformance make Newton's debut way less impressive

BroncsSB#3
09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
If RG3 keeps playing like this he'll have a Cam Newton type of rookie year. The difference is that WAS actually won the game which the Panthers weren't able to do much of last year even though Cam did so good. I'll be paying attention to WAS this year just to see how RG3 pans out.

kratos_godofwar
09-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Well RG3 had only 1 great year in college, while Andrew Luck had multiple. Luck been compared to Elway and Manning. Most experts say Luck best QB coming out of college in last few decades. I'm just not sold on RG3 I'm skeptical. Time will tell though.
Um, that's where you're wrong. RG3 had a great Freshman year, he brought Baylor from a nothing program to one that won more games than they thought they would. He got hurt in his sophomore year and redshirted the following year. Then he came back and did what he did best. He had 1st round talent written all over him his freshman year, but no thought he would breakout and become a beast. I think he will do well as long as Shanny can keep the system simple for him.

Chillez
09-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Um, that's where you're wrong. RG3 had a great Freshman year, he brought Baylor from a nothing program to one that won more games than they thought they would. He got hurt in his sophomore year and redshirted the following year. Then he came back and did what he did best. He had 1st round talent written all over him his freshman year, but no thought he would breakout and become a beast. I think he will do well as long as Shanny can keep the system simple for him.

Looking at his freshman stats they don't look great to me. Last year different story amazing stats. We will see what Shanny turns him into. I'm not sold but we will see.

Hadez
09-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Pot meet Kettle, its ignorant statement like these that show no understanding of football. The first drive there wasn't a single pass over the line of scrimmage. Until the second half there wasn't any timing, intermediate routes that he threw unless the wide receiver was wide open. That said he has been much more impressive the second half actually throwing the ball down the field.

Are you even aware of the point of the thread you are posting in?

My first point was not that RG3 was having a great game but Shanahan designed a great gameplan for a rookie QB.

So yea your right in what you said about the first drive and thank you for making my point for me.

You are the Kettle and the Pot in this thread dude

Oh and just one more point to show how ignorant your posts are, the 2nd drive had a nice pass from the 10/11 to the 29/30 that Garcon caught and ran another 70 yards to get the TD. It was not perfect pass, a lil high, but Garcon was able to catch it and keep stride to score a long TD.

Take it from a fellow Bronco fan and stop posting in this thread now because you are not doing yourself any favors

kratos_godofwar
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Looking at his freshman stats they don't look great to me. Last year different story amazing stats. We will see what Shanny turns him into. I'm not sold but we will see.

Yeah, stats don't tell the whole story. He carried the team his freshman year and had no help. He helped them win 4 games, that's 3 more than the 1 everyone thought they'd win.

Chillez
09-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, stats don't tell the whole story. He carried the team his freshman year and had no help. He helped them win 4 games, that's 3 more than the 1 everyone thought they'd win.

Sure okay? But it's 4 games. I will agree with you that he put Baylor on the map. By chance what kind of player do you see RG3 in 3-5 years. I am curious on you're view.

EvertonBroncos
09-09-2012, 03:19 PM
19/26 for 320 yards and 2TDs, on your NFL debut, against the Saints, in the Superdome, is absolutely fantastic. What a player he's going to be.

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Sure okay? But it's 4 games. I will agree with you that he put Baylor on the map. By chance what kind of player do you see RG3 in 3-5 years. I am curious on you're view.

I agree with Kratos on this one. RG3 was very big in the Big 12 world after his freshman year, and HUGE in the Big 12 world before everyone else caught on. Watching him, even in his raw freshman season, you could see his throwing form and arm were good enough for the NFL. Obviously he improved more and more while at Baylor, but he was much more than a 1 year wonder IMO.

As far as 5-6 years from now, I honestly see him in the top tier of QBs in the NFL. Best dual threat QB, by a solid margin (and I like Newton) and I see him as better than Andrew Luck. Very High expectations from me, but if you look at 5-6 years from now your potential top tier QBs will be Rodgers (older though, so who knows), Stafford (health is iffy), and Luck.

As far as the thread, Shanny started with a great gameplan for him, but RG3 still made the plays/reads. It was much more impressive than most of what Newton did last year, but it was super safe. I think in the 2nd half Wash called the game too safe, and RG played too safe and almost allowed NO to slip back into the game. Surely losing Garcon who is clearly his favorite target played a little role in that.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Are you even aware of the point of the thread you are posting in?

My first point was not that RG3 was having a great game but Shanahan designed a great gameplan for a rookie QB.

So yea your right in what you said about the first drive and thank you for making my point for me.

You are the Kettle and the Pot in this thread dude

Oh and just one more point to show how ignorant your posts are, the 2nd drive had a nice pass from the 10/11 to the 29/30 that Garcon caught and ran another 70 yards to get the TD. It was not perfect pass, a lil high, but Garcon was able to catch it and keep stride to score a long TD.

Take it from a fellow Bronco fan and stop posting in this thread now because you are not doing yourself any favors

Wow you really have no clue what you're talking about. You mean the intermediate pass to a wide open receiver is supposed to have me impressed? Ignorance must be bliss, because that first half was not overly impressive. Very little progressing through his reads, not a lot of routes involving timing, and sticking with safe throws. There was nothing other than the one play that was overly impressive. His second half however now that was impressive. Proved your point? I was proving the fact that he didn't make any impressive plays, you clearly have no clue what you're arguing, and just throw out comments and get angry with dissenting opinions. So do yourself a favor, and learn what you're talking about.

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow you really have no clue what you're talking about. You mean the intermediate pass to a wide open receiver is supposed to have me impressed? Ignorance must be bliss, because that first half was not overly impressive. Very little progressing through his reads, not a lot of routes involving timing, and sticking with safe throws. There was nothing other than the one play that was overly impressive. His second half however now that was impressive. Proved your point? I was proving the fact that he didn't make any impressive plays, you clearly have no clue what you're arguing, and just throw out comments and get angry with dissenting opinions. So do yourself a favor, and learn what you're talking about.

He actually did progress through reads in the first half, quite often.

He also escaped plenty of pressure and made plenty of these "safe" throws while on the move. Regardless of how short or open the WR may be, hitting them in stride (severely underrated to you apparently) is much more impressive than what most rookie QBs do. Let alone in their first start, in the Superdome.

Also, he looks 10x more polished than Cam Newton today, but judging by your criteria Newtons ridiculously dumb and dangerous throws downfield into double and triple coverage are more impressive.

canadiansbronco
09-09-2012, 03:40 PM

His first TD pass was really impressive he delivered a strike with pressure in his face. The pass to the TE on 2nd and 20 late in the fourth was also impressive.

The kid had a great game....

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 03:48 PM

RGIII looks legit! And honestly after listening to his post game interview he is one of the most well spoken QB's I've ever seen. He seems extremely intelligent and if he keeps this up he's going to be rookie of the year (though I fully understand it's a long season and there is a lot of football left to play)

If you weren't impressed with the incredible first game performance RGIII let down you probably never will be....Kid is for real!

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:48 PM
He actually did progress through reads in the first half, quite often.

He also escaped plenty of pressure and made plenty of these "safe" throws while on the move. Regardless of how short or open the WR may be, hitting them in stride (severely underrated to you apparently) is much more impressive than what most rookie QBs do. Let alone in their first start, in the Superdome.

Also, he looks 10x more polished than Cam Newton today, but judging by your criteria Newtons ridiculously dumb and dangerous throws downfield into double and triple coverage are more impressive.

No I think Cam is incredibly overrated. There was no progressing through his reads in the first half, it was screen or quick throw to the hot read. The second half this changed, but in the first half not so much.

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 03:51 PM

I love internet bullies who think can't make their point without attacking someone's intelligence...If you can't reason out a debate without resorting to personal attacks maybe you should just not post a reply.

Like momma always said....if you don't have anything nice to say, shut yo mouth foo!

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:51 PM
RGIII looks legit! And honestly after listening to his post game interview he is one of the most well spoken QB's I've ever seen. He seems extremely intelligent and if he keeps this up he's going to be rookie of the year (though I fully understand it's a long season and there is a lot of football left to play)

If you weren't impressed with the incredible first game performance RGIII let down you probably never will be....Kid is for real!

You need to understand the context of the quote, it was not his whole game performance but his performance in the 1st half. His second half was impressive, but his first half was incredibly over-hyped.

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 03:52 PM
No I think Cam is incredibly overrated. There was no progressing through his reads in the first half, it was screen or quick throw to the hot read. The second half this changed, but in the first half not so much.

While Cam Newton is overrated, I was watching the Panthers game and watching throw horrid pass after horrid pass and he seems to be playing the EXACT way you are criticizing RG3 for NOT doing.

I watched him progress through reads, even while moving, but if you claim he didn't then let me ask you... If everything he did was a quick pass or screen and he only had what 3 or 4 incompletions in the first half to go along with 170ish yards and 2 TDs, what exactly would have liked to see him do instead? Skip the open player and make a more difficult throw?

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:53 PM
His first TD pass was really impressive he delivered a strike with pressure in his face. The pass to the TE on 2nd and 20 late in the fourth was also impressive.

The kid had a great game....
We are not talking about the entire game, just the first half. A strike to a wide open receiver is not impressive, every QB in the NFL should make that throw.

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 03:54 PM

I think RGIII is going to have a better career than Cam. I think Cam has a lot of talent but I agree the media hypes him up far too much. They act like he's the best thing ever, pretty stats are only nice if you win games and I haven't seen him do that too often.

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 03:55 PM
We are not talking about the entire game, just the first half. A strike to a wide open receiver is not impressive, every QB in the NFL should make that throw.

Yet more than half could not with that kind of pressure in their face. And of the remaining 16 QBs, plenty of them would not have hit their WR perfectly in stride while getting the ball up over a defender.

You are way over simplifying this specific throw, and you seem to ignore the fact that he made the read.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:55 PM
While Cam Newton is overrated, I was watching the Panthers game and watching throw horrid pass after horrid pass and he seems to be playing the EXACT way you are criticizing RG3 for NOT doing.

I watched him progress through reads, even while moving, but if you claim he didn't then let me ask you... If everything he did was a quick pass or screen and he only had what 3 or 4 incompletions in the first half to go along with 170ish yards and 2 TDs, what exactly would have liked to see him do instead? Skip the open player and make a more difficult throw?

I'm not saying I would have him done anything differently, what I'm saying is I'm not impressed. I'm not impressed by a guy throwing screens, slants, and hitting wide open receivers.

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 03:56 PM

You take what the defense gives you...I don't care if it's 5 yards or 50 move the ball and get closer to the next first down. I think he did an extremely good job of that.

I'd rather have a dink and dunk offense that puts up 40 points than a team that can air it out and then screw up in the redzone and not score. Great first game for RGIII

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I think RGIII is going to have a better career than Cam. I think Cam has a lot of talent but I agree the media hypes him up far too much. They act like he's the best thing ever, pretty stats are only nice if you win games and I haven't seen him do that too often.

Cam is big play or bust. The few games I saw of him last year he looked nice for a Rookie on a short camp, but as the year went on he just seemed to either run or hit Steve Smith deep downfield on a bomb. So far this preseason and today that has been much of his game.

He seems incapable of sustaining a drive down the field in which his rushing isn't part of it. I think he will get much better obviously, but I see plenty of young QB's who I would want over him going forward.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Yet more than half could not with that kind of pressure in their face. And of the remaining 16 QBs, plenty of them would not have hit their WR perfectly in stride while getting the ball up over a defender.

You are way over simplifying this specific throw, and you seem to ignore the fact that he made the read.

It wasn't a complicated read, they brought the safety on a blitz, meaning once the receiver hit the spot he would be open. Kyle Orton could have made that throw, hell even Weeden could have.

canadiansbronco
09-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Dude he had a blitzer right in his face and put the ball on the money so the guy could catch it in stride. Not ever QB in the league would of made that

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm not saying I would have him done anything differently, what I'm saying is I'm not impressed. I'm not impressed by a guy throwing screens, slants, and hitting wide open receivers.

Who made the reads though?

Who made the throws?

Who avoided the sacks/pressure?

You can say it was easy, but Blaine Gabbert spent all last year with a half like that as a pipe dream.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Dude he had a blitzer right in his face and put the ball on the money so the guy could catch it in stride. Not ever QB in the league would of made that

If you are in the NFL as a QB you make that throw

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
It wasn't a complicated read, they brought the safety on a blitz, meaning once the receiver hit the spot he would be open. Kyle Orton could have made that throw, hell even Weeden could have.

Obviously they could not have done what RG3 did in the first half today or they would be the starting QB for Washington...

Neither of those two players would have made that throw, that well. The most underrated part of being a QB in today's game is hitting a WR in stride. Garcon didn't even have to slow down to catch that ball. That wasn't like his TD pass to Garcon in the preseason off a screen play where Garcon did it all, without a perfect throw like that, it isn't a TD, period.

You pretend as if reading a safety blitz is easy.. You see a QB miss that exact read every damn week.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Who made the reads though?

Who made the throws?

Who avoided the sacks/pressure?

You can say it was easy, but Blaine Gabbert spent all last year with a half like that as a pipe dream.

The talent level for the Redskins and last years Jags is ridiculous. Why should I be impressed by what you should be able to do. Its a big deal when a QB can't do them, because they should be able to.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Obviously they could not have done what RG3 did in the first half today or they would be the starting QB for Washington...

Neither of those two players would have made that throw, that well. The most underrated part of being a QB in today's game is hitting a WR in stride. Garcon didn't even have to slow down to catch that ball. That wasn't like his TD pass to Garcon in the preseason off a screen play where Garcon did it all, without a perfect throw like that, it isn't a TD, period.

You pretend as if reading a safety blitz is easy.. You see a QB miss that exact read every damn week.
First off it wasn't perfectly in stride, Garcon had to jump and extend for the catch. RG3 has a lot more upside than those guys that's why hes the QB.

canadiansbronco
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
If you are in the NFL as a QB you make that throw
OK whatever your mind is clearly made and nothing will change it

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
I guess we all just disagree with you, which is fine. You have your opinion, we have ours.

As it stands, plenty of good QB prospects have been sent spinning out of the NFL due to their inability to not make a throw with a guy in their face, and plenty more have been banished to the bench. It's called a weakness, just because they are in the NFL doesn't mean they can throw over a guy in their face or "should" be able to as you put it. Many can't and haven't been able to, he just did while leading his WR perfectly. If you want to see more, okay then tune in next week.

I can name you 2 QBs just in the AFCW that could not have made that throw under that pressure. Yet, they are starters in the NFL.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
OK whatever your mind is clearly made and nothing will change it

the same could be said for you my friend, as well as a lot of people in this thread

canadiansbronco
09-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I mean a rookie goes 19/26 for 320 yds and 2 td plus like 50 rushing yards and you are not impressed....

That's sound like you are biased against the guy

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 04:07 PM
First off it wasn't perfectly in stride, Garcon had to jump and extend for the catch. RG3 has a lot more upside than those guys that's why hes the QB.

He didn't lose a step on the play.

Broncos-R-Great
09-09-2012, 04:08 PM
RG3 played 100x better than all the other rookie QBs today, in a place that's nearly impossible to win, very impressed

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I guess we all just disagree with you, which is fine. You have your opinion, we have ours.

As it stands, plenty of good QB prospects have been sent spinning out of the NFL due to their inability to not make a throw with a guy in their face, and plenty more have been banished to the bench. It's called a weakness, just because they are in the NFL doesn't mean they can throw over a guy in their face or "should" be able to as you put it. Many can't and haven't been able to, he just did while leading his WR perfectly. If you want to see more, okay then tune in next week.

I can name you 2 QBs just in the AFCW that could not have made that throw under that pressure. Yet, they are starters in the NFL.

They are benched, because they should be able to and can't. It wasn't a perfect pass, a good pass but not perfect. Like I've said countless times already, if he plays like he did in the second half I'll be impressed. However, if he throws like in the 1st half, I won't be impressed.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EiHlHHwwFk
He didn't lose a step on the play.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I mean a rookie goes 19/26 for 320 yds and 2 td plus like 50 rushing yards and you are not impressed....

That's sound like you are biased against the guy

Again, the second half I was impressed. The first half I was not, which is what is in question.

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 04:11 PM
^^ He didn't lose a step.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:13 PM
^^ He didn't lose a step.

Please, and I'm supposed to be the biased one here smh

canadiansbronco
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Please, and I'm supposed to be the biased one here smh

He had to jump but it didn't slow him down, he just kept running

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:20 PM
He had to jump but it didn't slow him down, he just kept running

If you have to jump and fully extend it slows you down...

Hadez
09-09-2012, 04:22 PM

Once again your making my point for me, I strongly suggest you go back and re-read what I was saying because I have no clue why you are argueing with me...all I really need to do is keep quoting you to make my point

I think you are allowing your hate for RG3 to turn your brain off

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Once again your making my point for me, I strongly suggest you go back and re-read what I was saying because I have no clue why you are argueing with me...all I really need to do is keep quoting you to make my point

I think you are allowing your hate for RG3 to turn your brain off
Again I dont think you know what you're arguing anymore it sad

Hadez
09-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Again I dont think you know what you're arguing anymore it sad

are you drunk cause now your posts are not making much sense either

here is what the thread is about

AMAZING game plan

Shanahan made a game plan that a rookie qb could execute easily...keeping it simple for those who need it

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
are you drunk cause now your posts are not making much sense either

Are you changing the subject, because you dont know what youre arguing anymore?

Hadez
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Are you changing the subject, because you dont know what youre arguing anymore?

no, read the entire post. My arguement has never changed....Shanahan made an excellent gameplan for a rookie QB to execute

Your arguement has pretty much been you hate RG3...which is completely obvious by now

You being drunk or not is just me trying to figure out your wild posts

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
no, read the entire post. My arguement has never changed....Shanahan made an excellent gameplan for a rookie QB to execute

Your arguement has pretty much been you hate RG3...which is completely obvious by now

You being drunk or not is just me trying to figure out your wild posts
Maybe you should go back, the gameplan was never in question here. It was RG3 not being impressive, after the first half. I dont hate RG3, I even said he was impressive the second half. Try and keep up

GridironChamp
09-09-2012, 04:50 PM
If you have to jump and fully extend it slows you down...

Jump straight up, yes.

That was more of a leap/skip than a jump. If you watch the replay, that you posted, time the steps Garcon takes before, during, and after the catch. He loses nothing.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Jump straight up, yes.

That was more of a leap/skip than a jump. If you watch the replay, that you posted, time the steps Garcon takes before, during, and after the catch. He loses nothing.

It is physically impossible to do that...

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM

Kyle Orton couldn't even hit his shoe and it's attached to his body....Weeden is pathetic...Give the kid a little more credit than that he came out as a rook and kept his composure and made big plays, lots of rookie QB's don't do that in their very first game few put up 19/26 320 yds 2td's and 0 int's at any point in the season much less their first game... I may be off in this judgement but you seem to just naturally not like the guy and be trying way to hard to find excuses for why he wasn't impressive as heck for his first ever NFL regular season start.

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
And that 88 yard TD...that was a darn good play...few QB's would have made that with a defender in their face...they would have tried to scramble free or if it was kyle orton as you tried to make the comparison he'd have fallen over and tackled himself, the ball never would have left his hands because he'd have been in the fetal position.

GO BRONCOS!

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Kyle Orton couldn't even hit his shoe and it's attached to his body....Weeden is pathetic...Give the kid a little more credit than that he came out as a rook and kept his composure and made big plays, lots of rookie QB's don't do that in their very first game few put up 19/26 320 yds 2td's and 0 int's at any point in the season much less their first game... I may be off in this judgement but you seem to just naturally not like the guy and be trying way to hard to find excuses for why he wasn't impressive as heck for his first ever NFL regular season start.

Again I simply said I wasnt impressed with the first half, but I have said I was impressed by the second half.

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Again I simply said I wasnt impressed with the first half, but I have said I was impressed by the second half.

I don't care what you said about the second half...It's the way you act like the first half was tame and any qb in the league should have done it... You can keep using your second half comment as a defense but it still doesn't change the fact that you are making lame excuses as to why his first half was unimpressive.

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't care what you said about the second half...It's the way you act like the first half was tame and any qb in the league should have done it... You can keep using your second half comment as a defense but it still doesn't change the fact that you are making lame excuses as to why his first half was unimpressive.

Youre the one throwing out the you hate the kid. Hey you wanna get all hot and flustered over screens and slants go swoon over Derek Anderson he was all-pro a couple years back.

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Youre the one throwing out the you hate the kid. Hey you wanna get all hot and flustered over screens and slants go swoon over Derek Anderson he was all-pro a couple years back.

why are we even arguing about this...gametime GO Broncos, I'm sure we can agree on that without a problem!

the0rangecrush
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM
why are we even arguing about this...gametime GO Broncos, I'm sure we can agree on that without a problem!

You know it let this thread die haha

Freyaka
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
You know it let this thread die haha

Yep we'll debate it again next week!

kratos_godofwar
09-09-2012, 11:04 PM

Honestly, I expect RG3 to be a pro-bowler every year by then. He's got the arm to throw to his receivers and the legs to make plays. I expect him to be a lot like McNabb or McNair in their prime. He's special and if you cannot accept that, then there's not much more I can do to convince you. I also think he'll be better than Newton.

Freyaka
09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Honestly, I expect RG3 to be a pro-bowler every year by then. He's got the arm to throw to his receivers and the legs to make plays. I expect him to be a lot like McNabb or McNair in their prime. He's special and if you cannot accept that, then there's not much more I can do to convince you. I also think he'll be better than Newton.

I think he'll be what McNabb could have been without the ruthless fans breathing down his neck every game and calling for his head.

BluenOrnge4Life
09-10-2012, 06:25 PM

Maybe Sean Payton.

:laugh: Shanny had a winning record against Belichick. He clearly had his number... not exactly a sign of Belichick 'coaching circles around him.'

Shanny's major downfall was always drafting defensive players. He is considered an offensive mastermind, & had an eye for offensive talent, especially Rbs.

Chillez
09-11-2012, 04:27 AM

I agree RG3 could be as good as McNabb or McNair in their prime. Sounds like you're prisoner of the moment, RG3 special already? Guy played 1 NFL game waaayyy to early for this talk we need munch more body of work more seasons etc. Let's hold off for now. Just have to say people jump to conclusions so fast nowadays. What kind of evidence can you convince me more with? His college career lol. Facts are RG3 was late bloomer. Hasn't proven he's top QB "YET".

Hadez
09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
:laugh: Shanny had a winning record against Belichick. He clearly had his number... not exactly a sign of Belichick 'coaching circles around him.'

Shanny's major downfall was always drafting defensive players. He is considered an offensive mastermind, & had an eye for offensive talent, especially Rbs.

Agree on the Belichick point. IMO if Belichick is only good because of Brady. Bunches of coaches have looked amazing with Brady and horrible without him and imo Belichick will one day be added to that list.

BluenOrnge4Life
09-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Agree on the Belichick point. IMO if Belichick is only good because of Brady. Bunches of coaches have looked amazing with Brady and horrible without him and imo Belichick will one day be added to that list.
He definitely might. Brady is the heart and soul of that team, and if they can't find a great QB to replace him, they won't have near the same success.

kratos_godofwar
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
He definitely might. Brady is the heart and soul of that team, and if they can't find a great QB to replace him, they won't have near the same success.

Exactly, just imagine if Elway and Shanny had been together sooner. We might have been the 90's Dynasty team, not the Cowgirls. Shanny never could find a replacement for Elway, and when he got close he got fired because he took too long to find him. If Shanny had just started Briester instead of Greise, we wouldn't have had to suffer for Greise.

assassin216
11-21-2012, 09:07 AM
I never knew RG3,was a Broncos fan growing up.... :salute:

samparnell
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Exactly, just imagine if Elway and Shanny had been together sooner. We might have been the 90's Dynasty team, not the Cowgirls. Shanny never could find a replacement for Elway, and when he got close he got fired because he took too long to find him. If Shanny had just started Briester instead of Greise, we wouldn't have had to suffer for Greise.

Shanahan inherited a good defense when he became HC of the Broncos. He doesn't know defense, and developed a history of not getting along with his defensive coordinators. That revealed another problem he had in Denver: too much power. Something happened to sour his relationship with Elway after he retired. We appreciate what Mike did for Denver winning two Super Bowls, however his reputation exceeded his ability. He may have learned what to do about defense as he has kept Jim Haslett as DC since 2010.

AC1
11-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Shanahan inherited a good defense when he became HC of the Broncos. He doesn't know defense, and developed a history of not getting along with his defensive coordinators. That revealed another problem he had in Denver: too much power. Something happened to sour his relationship with Elway after he retired. We appreciate what Mike did for Denver winning two Super Bowls, however his reputation exceeded his ability. He may have learned what to do about defense as he has kept Jim Haslett as DC since 2010.

I can't think of any HC that's been equally proficient at offense, defense and special teams. If anything, Shanahan is among the more versatile of the bunch. He's had top 10 defenses annually until the 2007 and 2008 season. In Washington, having inherited a terrible roster, he's already built a fierce front 7. Besides health, all that unit needs is an elite safety and some cornerback depth. If the next draft falls his way, he could easily find that in the middle of next year's draft. With his masterful handling of RG3 so far, good things are ahead for Washington.

Shanahan's command over defense compares favorably with other offensive-minded head coaches like Andy Reid, Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy, who only had good defenses with Jim Johnson, Gregg Williams and Dom Capers respectively and sucked on defense without their defensive savior.

Defensive-minded head coaches have been equally inept on the offensive side of the ball. Belichick and Tony Dungy are classic examples of great defensive minds that needed an elite, future-HoFer at QB to win.

Shanahan's problem in Denver was not too much power. It was not committing to the draft. He was too competitive to do a full rebuild and kept reloading on the fly. When he finally figured it out and started a proper rebuild, Bowlen picked the worst time to go senile on him.

The guy clearly doesn't get enough credit for everything he did for this franchise.

samparnell
11-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Defensive-minded head coaches have been equally inept on the offensive side of the ball. Belichick and Tony Dungy are classic examples of great defensive minds that needed an elite, future-HoFer at QB to win.

The guy clearly doesn't get enough credit for everything he did for this franchise.

The same can be said about Shanahan. We all saw what happened after Elway retired. He has now staked his job on moving up to draft RGIII to the tune of three firsts and one second round draft picks. Who wielded the power to make that move?

Being called a genius and a mastermind can hardly be construed as not getting enough credit.